Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

XD Yep!  

Hi! I'm Onyxfire, Christian, cellist, pianist, and Queen of Writing. I'm currently:

a) banging around on Minecraft

b) recovering from forum withdrawal

#Pray

"Perfect love casts out fear..." - 1 John 4:18

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Hello!

Lavender

ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd make a great teacher.

NarraChara for life!

Check out my project,Simsalatale,on here! /217225

By the way,has anyone heard about or read Hawksmaid?

The world changes,nature shrivels but also blooms,yet we stay strong.

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

Homework sucks. Especially when it's a subject you hate!

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

Hope I don't forget my Password

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#ImpossibleIsImpossibility

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

There will never be an En

Because we are alwaysforeve

Dreams are forever iyour Sky

Lost in Time.  

Thumbnail avatar a56e15edf1

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Meh. All my work is technically homework, so... yeah. XD

Also: HELLO! GREAT TO SEE YOU TOO! *adopts a crazy, maniac grin* *dances around throwing flowers* *runs into wall repeatedly* *sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" in a dissonant, minor key while pouring acid all over the floor* *head spins around and around and around and-* Varanus: We get it! We get it! Just... stop. That's disturbing. 

Hi! I'm Onyxfire, Christian, cellist, pianist, and Queen of Writing. I'm currently:

#Pray

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Eva's POV

The shadows crept across the floor of the abandoned warehouse we had chosen to stay the night in. Broken windows gaped like jagged teeth, distorting the moonlight that shone from the white, pitted sphere floating in the sky.
Our fire had died down to embers, casting a dull red glow around the circle of old metal we had used to contain it, radiating a reluctant warmth that flickered and sparked. I sat at the edge of our little group with an old, ratty blanket pulled around me, keeping watch. The others slept around the fire, stretched out on the floor with jackets and other soft things we could find to use as mattresses and covers.
I stared blankly into the dark recesses of the warehouse, listening to the skitterings of rats and the occasional rumble of a vehicle outside. I held a blackened stick in my hand, though I figured I wouldn't need it, with my powers. My powers. The thought felt strange, even in my head. I wondered how I could activate them. It couldn't hurt to know how to use them, in any case. Regenerative healing factor and dynamic cameoflauge, Anima had said. What was that supposed to mean?
I glanced over my shoulder at her sleeping form by the fire. Her long black hair was fanned out around her head, streaked with strands of galaxy and copper, her pale face flickering with crimson light. Ilene lay a little way away, her purple T-shirt wrinkled, jeans stained with garbage-juice from the Dumpster. Alice slept on the other side, black glasses held loosely in her fist. Astrid's tan skin looked like mahogany in the light of the embers.
I felt a strange sensation in my chest, like a balloon expanding, as I looked at them, sleeping peacefully as I guarded them, ready to defend them with my burned stick. I felt an urge to leap up and shout to the world, "These are my family! You can come, but you will never harm us again!" Of course, that was stupid, and I stayed where I was. But I felt a real sense of kinship with these girls.

My whole life I had spent running from my past. No one wanted me. No one cared. I was alone. So I ran. Over and over. Eventually they would catch me, shunt me from orphanage to orphange, foster home to foster home, but I hated them all. I hated them with a fury and a passion that would never be quenched. It was an inferno inside of me, a blaze of rage that devoured all in its path.
But since meeting these girls, these girls who had suffered the same hardships as me, the flames had begun to die. These were the only real friends I'd had since... well, ever. I didn't want them wrenched from me, like so many missed opportunities, so many treasures stolen from me. I had never had a say in what other people did with me. I felt like the horse in Black Beauty, Ginger, who had been maltreated and whipped, and had hated all of humankind. She had died a terrible death, being overburdened and abused, finally dying on the streets; a fate that had been accumulated day after day, as if whoever was in charge of the universe had decided to see how much she could take before buckling under the strain. I didn't want to be like that. We can choose our destinies, right? I don't want to run anymore. I want to fight back, to torment them as they have tormented me all these long, painful years. I found myself gritting my teeth, knuckles white. I wanted to punch a wall. I wanted to go out and scream to the sky, "Here I am! Come and take me, if you can!"
Suddenly, I heard the sound of the huge warehouse door rolling open, and I scrambled to my feet, clutching my burned stick. Sarah started up, eyes wide. "What was that?" she mouthed.
I shook my head, mouthing, "I don't know."
Everyone was up by this time, and we huddled back-to-back around the fire, waiting for the intruders to find us.

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

platinumghost37

Hero:

Zoe Duskphantom

Animal:

Whisper

Level:

Clan:

The GreenCloaks of Freedom

Alice

" Power 101," I whispered. " It is okay to use your powers to defend yourself, but try not to kill the person." Eva groaned. I shrugged," Well what." But then I heard a loud *crash* and I panicked.

Sora-

In the back of our minds,

Our problems seem so small

But they grow on us like gravity

But gravity still make us fall

-Relient K

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Goooooood MORNIN' from Indiana! :D

Also: Great POV, Alice! 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Ilene's POV:

I huddled in a corner as I pawed my back pocket for my flute. What did Anima say that my power was? Turning musical instruments into weapons? Well,I might as well use it now. I finally grabbed my flute and held it in front of me,watching it transform. Its top sharpened and turned into solid steel,while the bottom got sort of leatherish.

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

Thumbnail avatar

platinumghost37

Hero:

Zoe Duskphantom

Animal:

Whisper

Level:

Clan:

The GreenCloaks of Freedom

Alice

I mumbled to myself," Come on come on." Giving up in frustration,I threw my hand at the wall and a ball of lightning coming out of my hand.

Sora-

In the back of our minds,

Our problems seem so small

But they grow on us like gravity

But gravity still make us fall

-Relient K

Astride POV

i wake to noise. Some ones coming. I instantly pop outside, then Pop back in after a second. its not the scientists, it's some other people. I don't like the look of them, but usually I'm one of those people who is extra suspicious. It's not a bad thing, it makes you harder to be betrayed, dubbed you can't be betrayed by someone you don't love or care for. I adopt a fighting stance,  crouched down in the corner. I have some trick I can try out. I've never tried the super speed, but it'll be interesting I think 

Astrid(me)DekkaLanaKira

when something goes wrong in life, yell

PLOT TWIST!

and move on :)

divergent

marvel

percy jackson

hunger games 

harry potter

the mortal instruments

avengers

x-men

Maze runner

Gone 

The power of five

virals

Thumbnail avatar c4e4f01b93

mousepaw26

Hero:

Stace Stormeye

Animal:

Rusty

Level:

Clan:

THE WHITTLE ARMY!!!!

Sarah:

I stared at the large Rusty doors they were being shook.  I mouthed "get rope" I restlessy searched around for anything I could time the person with.  I found small wiring and crawled to the side of the door I mouthed yet again "why don't we just block the door?" I pointed towards a crate then dragged it over we all took anything we could find and put it in front.  Soon the bashing stopped then a large crash came from the back of the building.  Carefully I took a twig with the low ember and searched for an oil can.  I started to sweat we all looked for something to ignite it larger then finally a piece of metal I threw the piece of wood then I ran over and place the metal next to it.  Soon the fire  took over the wood floor then the Sparks of metal started.  "We got to run!!!!!" My fear factor rose and my power triggered again I turned into a kid from the picture I had "what!?? NO NO NO!!!!" I quickly turned back as the rest knocked a window down and started to climb out.  Soon I saw the fire go larger I was the last out as we ran towards ran behind another building on the other side of the town.  Soon the smoke was raging and the fire spread throughout the burning building "now what we practically burned the town now?" I looked at Eva who seemed surprising calm "I hope that person is okay I mean it could have been someone else" I shook my head no "no when I threw that wood the person had a weapon yet I couldn't tell what."

I'm mousepaw

Blaze

Rusty

spottedleaf

barley

Mini mousepaw 

Moshi

Scourge and bone

Bluekit

Luxray

Spike 

Cherish those you care about everyone leaves someday

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

I'll pov soon! Hopefully...

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Great POVs, everyone! BTW, I'm going to be in Chicago for a concert and won't be back 'till Monday; just thought I'd give you a heads-up so you didn't think I was dead. XD Wish me luck! :) 

#Pray

mousepaw26

Hero:

Stace Stormeye

Animal:

Rusty

Level:

Clan:

THE WHITTLE ARMY!!!!

-sends 100 lucky clovers-  I acutaly have like 10 for leafed clovers yet they're wilted D:

I'm mousepaw

Blaze

Rusty

spottedleaf

barley

Mini mousepaw 

Moshi

Scourge and bone

Bluekit

Luxray

Spike 

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Bump!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

I feel sick to my stomach. Although i should've seen that coming...

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

I am here! Present! Accounted for! Back! 

I bet you can't guess what happened! Well, maybe you can. Anyway, so you know I was gone for a few days, preforming for the Festival of Gold series/tour, and that I'm the principle cellist for our group. There were three sections of the competition, one for choirs, another for bands, and the last for orchestras. We were a very small string orchestra compared to the others, who have 40-120 kids, while we have only sixteen; with twelve violins, three cellos, and one viola, so we were miniscule. Not to mention that we're also very young compared to them, aged nine to sixteen, while they were high school and older, and they were full orchestras. We played first on the judging program in the afternoon yesterday, and I was so nervous. Did I mention that we were playing at Orchestra Hall in Chicago? Major nerves. Anyway, so we played our four pieces, and then we put away our instruments and listened to the rest of the orchestras preform; they were all pretty good. The place where we had to put our instruments was packed. I mean packed. There was barely room to move around, there were so many of us all milling around in there. It was a huge room, but seriously, you multiply a hundred or so kids times five orchestras, not counting instruments, and you get a sandwich. One girl was trying to get through and kicked my cello, knocking the bridge way to the side. I kind of freaked out, to tell you the truth, because I was already a bundle of nerves, and I was paranoid (I still am) about my instruments having accidents, after what happened a couple weeks ago. It was fine, we tapped it back into place and tuned it, as it was so out of tune that I could play the A string and it sounded like a low C. It was incredibly disonant. No lasting damage, though.

So me and another girl from our group were eating dinner at Panara after that, and then we decided to go over to a comic book shop across the street. We were skimming through the books when my mother's phone buzzed, and she pulled it out, and LO AND BEHOLD! There was a message from our director: "WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!" flashing across the screen. I kind of just stood there for like ten seconds with my mouth open, and then it sank in and we ran all the way back to Orchestra Hall. We had tied with another group, and we got to play an encore performance that night. We actually got two standing ovations!! Nobody else in the whole concert got that! It was the most incredible experience I'd ever had in my whole life. We were walking off stage to go put our instruments away, and the honor band was coming from the opposite direction. When they saw us, the immediately started screaming and telling us how awesome we were. I was kind of still in shock, grinning like a crazy person. 

So anyway, I just had to tell you girls that, because I'm so excited. Don't worry, I won't get a big head. XD

#Pray

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

I am here! Present! Accounted for! Back! 

I bet you can't guess what happened! Well, maybe you can. Anyway, so you know I was gone for a few days, preforming for the Festival of Gold series/tour, and that I'm the principle cellist for our group. There were three sections of the competition, one for choirs, another for bands, and the last for orchestras. We were a very small string orchestra compared to the others, who have 40-120 kids, while we have only sixteen; with twelve violins, three cellos, and one viola, so we were miniscule. Not to mention that we're also very young compared to them, aged nine to sixteen, while they were high school and older, and they were full orchestras. We played first on the judging program in the afternoon yesterday, and I was so nervous. Did I mention that we were playing at Orchestra Hall in Chicago? Major nerves. Anyway, so we played our four pieces, and then we put away our instruments and listened to the rest of the orchestras preform; they were all pretty good. The place where we had to put our instruments was packed. I mean packed. There was barely room to move around, there were so many of us all milling around in there. It was a huge room, but seriously, you multiply a hundred or so kids times five orchestras, not counting instruments, and you get a sandwich. One girl was trying to get through and kicked my cello, knocking the bridge way to the side. I kind of freaked out, to tell you the truth, because I was already a bundle of nerves, and I was paranoid (I still am) about my instruments having accidents, after what happened a couple weeks ago. It was fine, we tapped it back into place and tuned it, as it was so out of tune that I could play the A string and it sounded like a low C. It was incredibly disonant. No lasting damage, though.

So me and another girl from our group were eating dinner at Panara after that, and then we decided to go over to a comic book shop across the street. We were skimming through the books when my mother's phone buzzed, and she pulled it out, and LO AND BEHOLD! There was a message from our director: "WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!" flashing across the screen. I kind of just stood there for like ten seconds with my mouth open, and then it sank in and we ran all the way back to Orchestra Hall. We had tied with another group, and we got to play an encore performance that night. We actually got two standing ovations!! Nobody else in the whole concert got that! It was the most incredible experience I'd ever had in my whole life. We were walking off stage to go put our instruments away, and the honor band was coming from the opposite direction. When they saw us, the immediately started screaming and telling us how awesome we were. I was kind of still in shock, grinning like a crazy person. 

So anyway, I just had to tell you girls that, because I'm so excited. Don't worry, I won't get a big head. XD

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

That sounds pretty awesome! Did you get a big trophy? As in,one that an adult carries?

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Argh, double post! *facepalm* Yes, we got a glass plaque, and our director got a really nice baton. Thanks, Lavender! 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

It's alright. I double posted one thread today! XD

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

I double posted on three threads today! Beat that! XD 

#Pray

mousepaw26

Hero:

Stace Stormeye

Animal:

Rusty

Level:

Clan:

THE WHITTLE ARMY!!!!

Nice congrats on winning and I posted on like 6 threads XD (I go on the forums a lot)

I'm mousepaw

Blaze

Rusty

spottedleaf

barley

Mini mousepaw 

Moshi

Scourge and bone

Bluekit

Luxray

Spike 

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

You're welcome!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Thanks, Mousepaw! (I'm on the forums a lot too.) 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

Pandora's Box...

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

...Is opened!?

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

Greek myth! Greek myth! Greek myth! I get to tell a Greek myth! Greek myth!

Pandora's Box has been open since before time, before crisis in the world. Pandora, Zeus's daughter, was given a husband, a brother of a man who was chained to a rock. As their wedding gift, Zeus gave them a beautiful box, with a not reading, "DO NOT OPEN," and a key attached to the note. Pandora's curiosity got the better of her, and she opened the box. She had let out all the foul things in the world:  diseases and such. But she had also allowed hope to follow, and all was not lost.

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

I love that myth. It's so tragic. Bumpo Cahs. 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Bump!

Is this dead?

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

Thumbnail avatar

dragonangel1685

Hero:

Luca Wispaura

Animal:

Phantom

Level:

Clan:

Lost Will-o'-Wisps

No! Hopefully, at least...

~ Logan Spirit 

~ Anima & Grace 

SecretEternity 

HopePeace

EllemaeLuca

#OnlyWeCanBeUs

Lost in Time.  

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

That's good!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Bump!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

No! It's NOT DEAD! BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP! I CANNOT POST BECAUSE I MUST GET READY FOR EASTER! NO! I WILL ATTEMPT TO POST SOMETHING SOON! EVA - SIGNING OUT: FOR NOW... 

(THAT WAS ALL CAPS! ALMOST!) 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

moonlightmist170

Hero:

Graice Mistknight

Animal:

Rogue

Level:

Clan:

Lidorns Rebels

I think someone clicked the "No!" choice in the poll to be rude.

LoganGrace

I am...

@DragonflyBeliever5 and @SecretShrewd20

Forgiving One's Terrible Past and Remembering One's Falling.

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Bump!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

mousepaw26

Hero:

Stace Stormeye

Animal:

Rusty

Level:

Clan:

THE WHITTLE ARMY!!!!

Bump 

I'm mousepaw

Blaze

Rusty

spottedleaf

barley

Mini mousepaw 

Moshi

Scourge and bone

Bluekit

Luxray

Spike 

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Aww, thank you, Grace. Bump! 

#Pray

Thumbnail avatar

lavenderdawn69

Hero:

Isabella Lightninglash

Animal:

Mithra

Level:

Clan:

Phoenix Clan

Bump!

Lavender

NarraChara for life!

dragoncat2466

Hero:

Sera Nightstorm

Animal:

Varanus

Level:

Clan:

Authors' Guild

Bump! 

#Pray

Scholastic logo

Enter the world of Erdas in the Spirit Animals Book 1: Wild Born by Brandon Mull. Discover your spirit animal and join the adventure in the online game.

More from Scholastic for fans of Spirit Animals:
Are you ready to save the world? Join the hunt for the 39 Clues in the bestselling book series and online at the website.

History is broken! Join the quest to save history with the Infinity Ring book series and online / mobile app game.

SCHOLASTIC, INFINITY RING, THE 39 CLUES, SPIRIT ANIMALS and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Scholastic Inc.
© 2012 — 2013 Scholastic Inc. All rights reserved.