Thumbnail avatar 83ce3cbcb7

salmondragon55

Hey my amazing people of the Spirit Animals universe!  I dream of being a writer someday and I was wondering if anyone would like to read a little something I wrote.  I have a lot of fun doing them, but no one ever reads them!  I would really appreciate it and would be willing to read your work too!

We could make this post for all the people with writing dreams!  A place where we can put up our work and have other people enjoy it.  I like that.  Let the sharing commence!

Salmon

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

The name's Salmon, or Sunrise to my wolf pals (HOWL)

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

A Dragon Rider, Green Rider, and a Green Cloak,

A Writer and Future Veterinarian,

I am Royality, a daughter of the High King.

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

salmondragon55

A mumble. That was all it was. The effort of just bringing myself to this fact was enough to send my mind spiraling back toward the darkness that would soon swallow me whole.
      “Shawna…”
      That one began to reel me back from the brink.
      “If you can hear me,” said the voice of the Green cloak, “open your eyes.”
      After processing this request I tried, but my lids wouldn’t budge. They were just too heavy. After a few more attempts I was able to see the blurred image of a creature in front of me. It was only a blur to my eyes, but slowly they began to focus. Rolling over onto my knees for a better look, I saw what was in front of me.
     A large tawny owl tilted its head and eyed me with interest. Its eyes, a brilliant emerald green unlike any I’d ever seen, shone with intellect and kindness that drew me into their brilliant pools. The large bird made its way over to me with slow deliberate movements with partially opened wings that seemed to shine golden in the sunlight.
      Stopping just feet from my face, the owl held perfectly still. Analyzing me, taking in everything about me. It was as if just looking into its eyes opened my mind to its careful probing. But then there was a change, a shift in the owl’s probing that felt like approval and pride leaking through its kind eyes.
      I inched closer, drawn in by my desire to be closer to this great animal. I had this desire to touch it, to hold it in my arms. I knew this thought was ridiculous, a wild bird was not to be held as a pet would. To my surprise, the bird lowered its head to my hand.
      ‘I suppose you do want to be petted, huh?’ I thought.
      As soon as my fingertips made contact, I gasped as electricity ran up my arm and coursed through my body. Waves of joy coursed through me along with a peace that came from seeing through the eyes of this wise bird. This owl, Tannis, knew me at a greater level than I could have ever imagined. The worries of the world and all that brought me pain were replaced by confidence; confidence in him, confidence in myself.
      Tannis nuzzled my hand and clicked his beak together, I knew instinctively that he was telling me he liked and cared for me. He had chosen me.

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Thumbnail avatar 28a1bae362

powerfulwolf250

Same, Nobody ever reads mine either!

• Posted at:

TALON 

Thumbnail avatar c2d307ea8f

ivorydusk16

Cool chapter, and awesome topic! Bookmark

• Posted at:

~Ivory~

If I got locked away 

And we lost it all today 

Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same? 

If I showed you my flaws 

If I couldn't be strong

salmondragon55

Powerful Wolf,

Thank you for reading!  I would love to read something of yours if you put it up.  ^.^

-Salmon

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

salmondragon55

Ivory Dusk,

Thank you for the comment!  That just about made my day!  I'd love to read something of yours if you write too.

Salmon ^.^

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

salmondragon55

I did this part last night.  Hope you guys like it! :)

-Salmon

The crowd began to cheer as the Green cloak helped me to my feet. Adults and children alike were excited at witnessing such a rare occurrence. This was the first spirit animal bonding from my small village in a generation, and so it had thrown everyone I knew into celebration.
    Tannis stood on the ground looking at the crowd, then me, then at the sky. I knew immediately what he meant. He needed to get off the ground and he was going to go now regardless if I could come with him.
    With a leap and deep strokes of his wings he was off. The bird made a low circle around the crowd, delighting the children and making them squeal with excitement, before landing on the roof of the nearest building. Turning back to the crowd, Tannis locked his eyes on me.
    ‘Hum, I guess I don’t have to worry about you flying away and not coming back,’ I laughed to myself.
    The Green cloak looked at the rooftop where Tannis was perched.
    “Well, that one’s a bit of a showoff,” she said turning to me. “Congratulations young one. Not everyone calls a spirit animal. It is both an honor and a responsibility that you must not take lightly.” Then she paused and said, “One thing we need to do right away is get you some leather guards for your arms, then you can carry her without having problems with the talons.”
    “He is a boy, and his name is Tannis,” I said without thinking. “Sorry I don’t want to sound rude; thank you for your kind words. It is a real honor.” I looked up at Tannis, “It is an incredible honor.”
    As the Green cloak began talking to her companion about getting leather for my arm, I saw my mom making her way over from the edges of the clearing with my two sisters in tow. My older sister did not let her disappointment show if she had any; two years ago today she tried to call upon her own spirit animal with no success. My little sister on the other hand was staring up at my owl with wide eyes and an even wider grin.
    “I can’t believe that my little girl called a spirit animal,” said my mom with pride. Looking up at Tannis she said, “It’s amazing.” then she looked at me, “You’re both amazing.”
    “You really like him mom?” I grinned up at her. “His name is Tannis.”
    “Like him?” my mom laughed, “Why he is unbelievable, and a smart bird to have chosen you.”
    “Can he come down so I can see him?” said my little sister after finally finding her voice.
    I looked up at him. He gave no indication of moving.
    “I think he is going to stay up there for now.”
    “Oh, ok,” she said as her smile faded.
    “But you know,” I said thinking fast, “he will be coming home with us.”
    “Oh boy!” She exclaimed and turned to Tannis, “You hear that birdy! We are going to be best friends!”
    After giving me a big hug she ran off toward the crowd, yelling to her friends about her new house mate. I had to laugh, sometimes she is crazy, but I wouldn’t have her any other way.
    “Your bird is cool Shawna,” said my older sister. “You are really lucky.”
    Her voice was filled with contradiction. She was clearly happy for me, but she also sounded sad.
    “Thanks sis,” I replied with a soft smile, which she returned and walked off to her friends.
    By now enough time had passed that the companion of the Green cloak had brought several long leather arm guards. Each had laces that allowed me to slip them on and secure them into place. After trying on a few, I found one that fit.
    “It may take some getting used to,” said the man ensuring that they fit, “but it will really help to protect you from the claws of your bird.”
    I looked up at Tannis once more, thinking about the feeling I had when I touched him.
    ‘Will I feel that every time we touch or was it just for our bonding?’ I thought. I wasn’t sure, but the one thing I did know was that my life was never going to be the same.

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Thumbnail avatar 3f614b917c

tsunamininja5

I'm working on many books that I plan to publish someday. I can't say much about them for security reasons.

But, moving on. I read the first part of the story you wrote, and I really liked it. :)

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

RED BELT

Trainee Taekwondo Instructor

Training for my black belt

Martial Arts Action Writer

Future Olympian

If we're gonna stand, we stand as giants

If we're gonna walk, we walk as lions

- Skillet, "Lions"

salmondragon55

Tsunaminin

Thanks, I glad you liked it!  I only post the 'word doodles' that I do on here, I am writing books elsewhere in hopes of being published as well.  I just love to get feedback on my style.

-Salmon

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Thumbnail avatar c2d307ea8f

ivorydusk16

I can definitely see you two publishing books! Keep up the good work!

• Posted at:

~Ivory~

If I got locked away 

And we lost it all today 

If I showed you my flaws 

If I couldn't be strong

salmondragon55

Thanks Ivory Dusk!  That really means a lot to me :)

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

salmondragon55

I came up with an idea that I'm thinking about exploring.  You want to see? :)

What I came up with:

"I don't know exactly what qualifies as 'ordinary,' but I think my life fits the bill.  Or, it used to."

Yes, Sapphira's life has not been a fairy tale or an adventure story so far; that's about to change.  When she finds an awesome looking cuff bracelet at a yard sale, she buys it right away to add to her collection of fun dress-up items.  From that moment on, nothing different happens; that is, until she accidentally breaks it.

Now, dealing with a cuff that she can't get off and the most annoying curse that has ever been exacted, all Sapphira wants is to get back to her ordinary life.  What lengths will our heroine go to remove the curse of the 'power cuff?' 

"Would you just go away already Narrator?!  You are the worst curse EVER!"

Well it's not my fault, you're the one who broke the cuff.

Hope you guys liked it! :D

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Thumbnail avatar 4c46865d32

joyfulcat108

I like how you write your stories! You will be an awesome writer someday!!! I love writing. And reading. So, I my language arts class, I'm doing a extra credit project-where I'm writing a book!!! It's about the terracotta Warriors. It's historical fiction, and it's told from two perspectives. I would love it if I could post chapters on here, and you could suggest ideas to Make them better!!! I also have tons other ideas for book series andwhatnot... 

PS: I haven't shared my book project with anyone expect for my teacher and best friend! So I might be a LOT nervous... Yeah. 

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

Chi Master, Shadow Magerandom other stuff

Queen of ailurophiles and world domination

I used to exist. Perhaps I shall again. Or maybe the time has come, and this is now the end. 

joyfulcat108

Bump. Hi awesome future writers!!!

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

I used to exist. Perhaps I shall again. Or maybe the time has come, and this is now the end. 

salmondragon55

Thank you Joyfulcat! I have a lot of fun writing, so it feels amazing that someone likes them!  I've been in journalism writing for the school and local paper as well as doing yearbook.  Besides writing for fun ever since I could form words into sentences.

I would love to see your work.  My goodness, I love historical fiction so if you want to put it up I will read it for you!  If you like we can bounce ideas off each other, I know I would love that. ^.^

Thank you for sharing your idea with me, it sounds amazingly interesting!

-Salmon

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

joyfulcat108

Some parts are probally badly written, but I'll still put it on here. Please don't criticize, just be nice about suggestions and comments. Please, 

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

joyfulcat108

Chapter 1

Near the city of Xi'an, China. 2013

Five days.
Five more days of heat, boredom, and nothingness. Five days of wandering the excavation site, fueled by energy bars that tasted like bland nutrition, and Chinese-style pizza. It wasn't that bad, but she would've rather been doing something else. Small for her age of 12 years, Kayla sat down on her father's bag. She could see him in the distance, using a trowel to dig around a growing lump in the dirt. Her dad insisted that she come with him on this archeological trip. But yesterday she ended up sitting around for a full day. It was probably going to be the exact same thing for five more days. Sometimes she wandered off, but it was really pointless. There was nothing interesting to do except read. But the book she had brought with her was finished in two days, so she was stuck with practically nothing to do. She touched the silver cross that hung on a chain around her neck. There wasn't much to do, except for use her imagination. But home was always better.

Outside the city of Shaanxi, China. 212 B.C (five more years until the end of the Qin dynasty)

Ying sat on a old wooden stool. The wood on it was worn down from many generations of his family. As a family heirloom, mother insisted on keeping it, even though it was rotting at the legs, and was slowly decomposing. His bowl of rice and bread was cold, but he didn't care. At the age of 11 at the moment in a family of farmers, he had already developed a weak appetite for rice and bread, as it was cheap and filling. His mind was off thinking about the day he had, and what he could've done. And he was writing it all down in his journal. It was only two years after ruler Qin Shi Huang had taken over, and he expected for him to never really do anything big. But as soon as he had his power, he had added laws, and changed many things. He had invaded many of China's provinces and regions, and had seized power. He made a single language, metric system, and changed the way of life. He had also ordered construction of a great wall, to keep invaders out. But he was cruel. He put people to death, and controlled every minute of their lives.
His uncle was once a scholar. He had refused to have his books burnt, so he was sent to work in the wall, a project of the emperor's. They had not heard back, and guessed they would not ever again. His father, mother, one brother, and a little sister, barely six years old, and Ying lived in a old farmhouse along the countryside near a village. They made a living as farmers, which helped benefit the economy. They were happy to work and have food. But now they were poorer than before. There was a shortage of rain, and now they had to give some of their crops to the emperor. That day, he was pulling weeds in the field when he heard a commotion across the street. A man had been caught stealing from a store. Soldiers were asking him questions. His face was pale, and his knees were shaking. Three people who must've been his wife and children were standing in the back of the growing crowd. They looked scared and starving. Ying recognized them. They were the family that lived in the street by where he used to go to school. That was before emperor Qin, before he stopped going to save money. He used to give them some of his lunch on the way to class. Sometimes he stayed after school to keep them company. He had stopped coming by when they had become farmers. The memory of them had slowly faded away. But now he felt guilty. Ying had never even bothered to know their names. That made his conscious prick him like a bed of needles. He knew he should've gone back to at least say hello. He realized that the soldiers were still questioning the man. Ying listened to the conversation.
"... So you're admitting to stealing the bread?" A soldier with a long beard asked.
"It was only one small loaf," whispered the frightened man, "My family is poor, and in debt. There was no food or money left. Do what you want with me, but don't punish them. They have done nothing wrong." The soldier grunted, looked at the crowd, and finally spoke.
"Your plea is so interesting, why don't you go tell it to emperor Qin?" The soldiers carried the man away, and the crowd dispersed like a school of fish. Ying wondered, what would I have done, if I were older, and braver? He knew he could've stood up for the man. But he didn't, and now he knew what would happen to him. The man would be sentenced to work on the wall, like what had happened to his uncle. Or he could be put to death, which was much more likely. The man's family would be at the mercy of the world, for there were no good paying jobs for widows. He possibly could've stopped all this from happening if he had just visited more. But that was in the past. He looked back, thoughts rushing through his head. The man's family stood still for a few moments, their heads low. Someone handed them some bread, and said something. The now-widow mother only nodded her head slowly. The man disappeared into the crowd, and after a few moments, so did the broken family.

Thats chapter one! Tell me what you think. Read my last post if you a confused. 

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

joyfulcat108

And what I put on here is just the draft. I'll give you some info about my story:

its told from two perspectives, a 12 year old girl in 2013 named Kayla, and a boy named Ying in ancient China at 11 in the beginning, and as the story progresses, he is 16 by the end. Kayla is on an excavation with her father, an archeologist, who is excavating the terracotta Warriors. She doesn't really want to be there. Ying lives on a farm in the Qin dynasty. The emperor is Qin Shi Huang. Ying's uncle was a scholar, and was either killed or sent away to work on the Great Wall, a project of the emperor's. Ying's family doesn't exactly know what happened to him, but they don't expect to hear from him again. Over the course of the story, a lot of things happen. Some of it is sad. I won't tell you the end of the story. 

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

Thumbnail avatar 4ee1e46612

skyscraperarrow12

That is very nice writing, salmon!!

:) LOLL ROFL 

From,

skyscraper arrow 12

• Posted at:

Call Me Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

Thumbnail avatar 53754a8bf6

artkitten320

All of those are a-maze-ing!!! 

• Posted at:

~Icicle~

~An emo, musical loving,

bookworm nerd Pineapple~

"Middle school boys are like the Black Plague.

Avoid them at all costs."~Mr. W

Solangelo

salmondragon55

Joyfulcat,

Don't be mean?  HOW COULD I?  It was fantastic!  I love the time jump views that you are going for as well as the actual historical context.  So far you've really done an amazing job of highlighting a time in history in your own way, through the eyes of a kid in a changing world.  Brialliant!

I can't wait to see more if you decide to post it. :D

Skyscraper Arrow and Art Kitten,

Thanks for your comments!  I love it when people enjoy the stories!  Don't you Joyfulcat? ^.^

-Salmon-

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

skyscraperarrow12

Salmon dragon 55, when u do play spirit animal game is it often or rarely? And what times would u play it?

I play spirit animal game at around 9:45 to 10:15.

Just wanted to know...

• Posted at:

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

skyscraperarrow12

salmon dragon, when u play the spirit animal game, do u play it often or rarely? oh, and what times do u play ur game around?

i go on around 9:45 to 10:15 almost everyday

i just wanted to know

• Posted at:

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

salmondragon55

I play regularly at just about any time, well, if I'm not sleeping or in school.  I will try and get on when you are on if you would like me to ^.^

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

skyscraperarrow12

sure then, that would be nice

sorry if i repeated my thing two times, i just don't know how i did it

• Posted at:

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

salmondragon55

Joyful cat?

-Bump-

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

joyfulcat108

Yep, chapter 2 coming...

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

joyfulcat108

Chapter 2

City of Xi'an, China. 2013

Night was falling fast, and the archeologists were still going. But as the stars came out, they finished, one by one, packing their tools and bags into dusty trucks and jeeps. Then they would drive off, leaving a cloud of dust in their wake. Kayla scanned the site, and spotted her father. He was finishing up packing. She helped him carry his bag of tools, while he carried his pack of water and food, and probably other stuff like maps and his Bible. They say down in the car, and they were finally on their way. The sights of the city blurred past. Kayla touched her silver necklace again, thinking and wondering about her mother. She only saw her father about once a week, but she was fine with that. She had only gone with him on this trip because her grandma wanted her to. Kayla closed her eyes. She remembered when she got that necklace. One night, her mother gave her a small box. When she looked up, she could see her eyes. They were kind, and loving. But then she remembered that terrible day. Her mother was cooking spaghetti, one of her favorite dishes, when she suddenly looked at her. Then she closed her eyes, and passed out. Kayla called 911. The ambulance carried mother away, while Kayla stayed at home, waiting for father. She remembered the waiting room, listening to voices on the other side and feeling dread.

"We fear that she has little time left, but we also hope for the best." Kayla had closed her eyes, and ran away to the bathroom. She could get some quiet there, and be able to think by herself. When she came out, father was waiting. She knew what was coming, but the goodbye was still sad. She stayed for over three hours. That was the last night. Kayla stopped thinking about it, and she looked out the window. "The last night," she thought to herself. She could see the stars in the night sky, and she imagined what heaven could be like. Perhaps it was just her mother's last night on earth. At least she would eventually see her again.

Outside the city of Shaanxi, China. 210 B.C

Fear. That's what Ying felt that night. He laid on top of his hard bed. It was made of old wood, and has bugs in it. He would wake up to bites, scratches, and splinters in the early morning. But that wasn't what he was scared of at the moment. He was scared of the voices he heard outside his door. It sounded like his parents were arguing. Soon, they went to bed, and the only sound was the creaking of his bed when Ying shifted his weight. He felt that something big had happened. But being to tired to investigate, he drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, he woke up late, and heard some noise outside. His younger sister was crying in her room. Ying went to comfort her. But when he felt her hand, he started to worry. Her hand was feverish, and she looked pale. He decided to get some medicine to break her fever. As he went into the kitchen, he spotted his mother washing dishes. Her face was downcast. Feeling that something was terribly wrong, he took out the medicine and gave it to her sister. Ying then went outside. He wanted to ask his father about his sister's fever. Usually, he went to work out in the fields in the early morning to get some work done before the hottest part of the day. As he walked out in the morning air, he shivered. The house suddenly seemed really warm, even though the morning drafts blew through the windows all the time. His only coat was paper-thin, and worn down with holes and tears. Feeling really poor and cold, he scanned the fields for his father. Then he searched the barn, the stable, and the fields again. That was when he started to get worried. Fearing the worst, he went back inside and asked his mother about father. The look she gave him said it all. She told him of their dilemma. Earlier that week, they had been getting reports about soldiers and how they were coming closer. They had heard of men joining the army to help protect their families. Sometimes the soldiers ordered men to join the military. If they didn't, they faced being executed or sent to work on one of two projects of the emperor's; the wall or canal. His father had talked about the situation and what to do. His mother was against him going, for life was hard for a widow and her children. Ying shuddered, thinking of the family he once knew. But father had never let go of the idea. He had joined the army, and Ying would probably never see him again. Ying went upstairs to his room, and started evaluating the situation. This is bad and will probably end terribly. His father was gone, leaving him to take care of the fields and livestock. They would eat less, and his mother would hardly be home, working late to provide for her family. But what he feared most was his sister's sickness. Soon, their small supply of medicine would be gone, and with no money at all, they would be without help. He hated his poverty. It felt unfair, that the emperor had so much money, and power, while he was stuck with poverty. He took out his journal, and started writing what had happened that day. He had just finished the last sentence when he felt a wave of anger rise toward emperor Qin. His sister would get worse and worse, until there was one less person to feed. And they would be even poorer.

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

skyscraperarrow12

wow! nice chapter! i'm a really bad writer so i can't really write good stories

• Posted at:

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

salmondragon55

Wow, nice chapter!  It's a sad tale that is well done and really caught my interest.  There are some words which I believe were typos ("They say down in the car, and they were finally on their way.") but overall, awsome!  I hope that you keep up with this because it is turning out to be quite the page turner!

-Salmon

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

joyfulcat108

Yeah all this is kinda my first draft so expect mistakes. I tried my best to edit it though. Chapter three coming soon...

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

joyfulcat108

Chapter 3

City of Xi'an, China. 2013

Kayla was annoyed, bored, and angry. She felt like her father was only interested in his work, and what he was doing. He didn't seem to notice how she had nearly frozen last night in the threadbare sheets of the bed, or how he had nearly forgotten she was there and nearly left her at the hotel. She didn't enjoy the excavation site, but she hated the hotel. It smelled like soap and air freshener, but too much of it. The person at the desk had a golden tooth that flashed when he talked. She had watched the movie "Home Alone" recently, and the villain in it had a gold tooth. Now she didn't trust the deskman. That day was color than yesterday. The sky was clear, and a nice breeze swept up the dust every once in a while. But it was still boring, same as yesterday. Her father was still sweeping dust off a growing lump in the sand. What was so great about this trip? He probably wouldn't really care if she disappeared. She got an idea. Shr packed her bag with food, a flashlight, her journal. The she added some duct tape, because you never now when you might need it. She silently walked away from the site. That'll show him. She thought. But after what seemed like a few minutes of walking, she stopped. Where was she? She had only wanted to go away for a few hours, but the sun was already setting. She scanned the landscape, searching for the excavation site. All she saw was endless land in each direction. And with the sky getting darker, she had to find shelter fast. She started running back the way she came, thinking that way was the most likely to succeed. It was a race against time. She ran on, sure footed, when the scariest moment of her life took place. Suddenly, her feet disappeared as the ground opened up, and the earth swallowed her whole. The last thing she remembered was the dark ground rushing up at her face, then the blinding flash of pain striking her unconscious.

Outside the city of Shaanxi, China. 209 B.C

Ying knew his sister needed help. She was becoming sicker by the day, and with no medicine left to cool her fever, she could burn up and and suffer permanent damage. He held her hand a moment more, then walked to the kitchen. His mother was boiling rice for lunch. It seemed that she had gotten weaker and more distant since father left to join the army. She seemed weighted down with worry for him, her daughter, and Ying, who was not getting enough to food. Ying really didn't mind, but his mother felt bad that she couldn't provide enough. She ladled a meager bowl of rice and beans for him. He went outside to start working.

The sun was touching the horizon by the time he was done. He had hoed the fields, pulled weeds, and watered the crops. His family once depended mostly on father, while he just helped. But now that father was gone, all the farm work went to him. He started at early morning, hours before the sun showed through the sky. Then he would work all day, stopping only for a short lunch break that was ten minutes at the most. Then it was back to the fields to work and toil until long after dusk. By the time day was ended, he would be exhausted. Closing up tha barn, checking in the animals, and then dragging his feet into the house, careful not to wake his sister. He always took at least five minutes writing in his journal by candlelight. Then, with a sore back and sunburned skin, he would collapse on his bed, knowing that he would have to repeat it tomorrow. It was tough, but worth it. His family was mostly fed, money was earned, and his sister didn't die. Yet. But that all changed one day when he received a letter from the emperor. He was almost done for the day when his mother had called him inside to read it. His heart sank lower and lower as he read it. It read;

The Great Emperor Qin has seen your hard work, and plans to reward it with a new job; working on his elaborate tomb for when he passes. You will be assigned to make clay soldiers to guard him in the after life. This is a great opportunity, and you are ordered to come by imperial decree. Tomorrow, a soldier will accompany you to where you will work until you die. If you don't, you and your family will face death or a severe punishment.

Signed,

Emperor Qin Shi Huang (this letter is supposed to be in a better font but I couldn't find a better one and the last part is supposed to be a signature)

Ying felt his eyes fill with tears. If he didn't leave to work, he would die, and his family would suffer. If he left, his family would suffer also. So ether way, his family would be unstable. And he couldn't leave his sister when she was sick. And his mother. She was a widow with a sick child, and the majority of income came from Ying and his crops. He couldn't leave her. But it seemed he didn't have a choice. What could he do? He decided to ask his mother about it. But as she read the letter, he regretted it deeply. When she looked back at him, her eyes were welling up with tears. She looked like her heart could shatter any moment. Ying became fearful. Would she let him go to keep her safe? Or would she keep him here, on the cost of his sister's and her's life?

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

skyscraperarrow12

that was pretty good, i was too lazy to check for spelling mistakes!

• Posted at:

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

joyfulcat108

I understand. I'm tired. Chapter 4 will come in a few days.

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

salmondragon55

Great chapter, love that last part when she falls into the ground.  Good descriptions and makes you go, 'oh no! Did that just happen?!'  Did you want me to tell you about the spelling?  I just want to make sure to give you what you need and not what you already know.  Anyway, great story!

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

salmondragon55

I'll post my stuff soon, I've got homework and stuff to do first before I finish it

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Bookmark

• Posted at:

Auria/Akitra Ignorè Stargazer Akira

"We are all Misfits living in a world on fire..

Sing it for The people like us, The people like us.."

Queen Of Poems and The Force

I support the LGBT+ community

Everybody has a story. 

Thumbnail avatar a7fc7274aa

rubywolf1145

I really like to read other's stories, and these are the best I've seen yet!!!!

I to would like to become an author. I've got an idea of the novel, but I need more time and confidence to write it.

• Posted at:

WolGirl

Queen of Fairy Tail, Studio Ghibli and Video Games

"Fate whispers to the wolf: You can't withstand the storm. The wolf whispers back: I am the storm"

Spirit Animals!

Anime!

Conor and Briggan!

Ravenclaw!

Pokemon! 

Wolves are the BEST!

salmondragon55

Why thanks Ruby Wolf!  We've been having some fun with these!  If you want to put a tidbit of what you were thinking you can play with us too!  ^.^

-Salmon

• Posted at:

I am a Scholar,

A Warrior,

All in all...

There is no one like ME.

Thumbnail avatar 53754a8bf6

artkitten320

Awesome! I'll post a short story on here, and my summary now since I have to practice for....well, I won't say since it isn't necessary. My story is about two young girls, Sophie and Eva, who are best friends and protigies ar soccer. One day Sophie suffers an accident, leaving Eva to complete their dream. But is their bond of friendship enough to overcome the terrible loss?

• Posted at:

~Icicle~

~An emo, musical loving,

bookworm nerd Pineapple~

"Middle school boys are like the Black Plague.

Avoid them at all costs."~Mr. W

Solangelo

1 , , 3