Small img 1111 72d846afc9

Admin Lisa Q. : admin

Greetings, Greencloaks!

Last month, I shared an extended excerpt of THE BURNING TIDE (if you haven’t read it yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!) and I hope you guys were all as excited about reading it as I was!

Now, the excerpt you guys read might have seemed long, but it’s only a fraction of the entire book. Where does the story go from there?

Well, until September 13th, it can go in any direction you want! For all those aspiring writers (and fanfic readers) out there, I present to you THE BURNING TIDE story starters! But they’re not just any story starters: They’re actual lines pulled from THE BURNING TIDE itself! Take your pick, start writing, and then in just one short month(!), see how your story compares to what actually happens in the newest Fall of the Beasts book!

Check out the story starters below, and happy writing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looked like a rock, only made of a substance Kovo had never seen before. Something strong enough to cut through the world itself.

Kovo drew in his breath. He could sense something moving beneath the surface. A tremor of life that pulsed like a heart. Something was inside, trying to get free. Kovo stepped back, staring at the thing below, and realization washed over him.

This was not sky.

This was not stone.

This was an egg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rollan looked up to see Shane standing in the mouth of a tunnel, his figure lit orange against the magma glow. He had taken his mask off, and Rollan was again struck by his changed appearance—his yellow crocodile eyes and the glimpse of scaly green flesh creeping up his neck.

Shane had once been a strong, handsome ruler—heir to the throne of Stetriol. Now he looked like a monster.

The boy stepped into the middle of the room with the bearing of a king. Rollan had to begrudgingly admit that the name fit. “I’m sure you’re all curious why I’ve brought you here,” Shane began.

Meilin grabbed her staff and followed after them. Briggan was growling, and his fur had bristled along his back—he looked frightened. As soon as Meilin reached the bottom of the stairs, she saw why.

In the corner of the room was a pile of worn rope.

And no Conor.

“Conor,” she said, her heart pounding in her ear. “He’s gone.”

Takoda, Kovo, and Jhi were soon at her side. They looked in every corner of the room and double-checked the door, which was still barred from the inside.

“He must have climbed out through the window,” she said, peering out into the streets below. “If he survived the fall.”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Thumbnail avatar f7f75357a2

azurelightning71

First!

• Posted at:

Firework

Queen of Cinnamon Rolls, Madoka Magica, and Wicked

*Hugs both of her cats*

#Anemarin

#Sayoko

#SupportPeri

I'll respect your opinion

unless your opinion

disrespects someone's existence

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

Second! (Maybe) Will try to do this on weekend.

• Posted at:

~Tornado~

~Rey~Poet~Valence~

I'm a Star Wars Geek Jedi.

(Clarinetist in the Corner)

Talk less.... Smile more!

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!

Thumbnail avatar 977fdd18a6

wolfarrow1473

NVFENVJHN;GEKHBKJTEJMGISdHGIhGN;DJS!!!!!!!!! (I'll do this later) THIS IS AWESOME!

• Posted at:

Moo im a cow

CHB & SPQR

Inquisitor

Fire Mage

Seal Brains

#Greencloak4life

Pigfarts, Pigfarts. Here I come! Pigfarts, Pigfarts. Yum, yum, yum! -Draco, A Very Potter Musical

Thumbnail avatar f1d9437f37

wolfgray994

Cool!!!! (I might do one)

• Posted at:

~Ɠrąıƈɛ/αϼϯθr~

Proυd Cнrιѕтιan!

Rollan Meilin Abeke Conor Shane Finn  Rey  Poe Sans

Reιlιn Coneĸe Нeιa Ғιnnrey

This too shall pass...

Fαn-αrϯῖϩϯ

#Shaice

Thumbnail avatar 9f7dde5f9b

tigerscarf15

I'm pretty sure that Shane dies in this book because the author said that he is going to kill off a main character in the book.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 8c10572ee4

dancebutterfly4

Oooh

• Posted at:

hey youngblood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?

Thumbnail avatar 4875c6eb04

skyscraperarrow12

7th i am... oh... thank u Admin Lisa Q.

• Posted at:

Call Me Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

Thumbnail avatar 9d61cc3cec

bluefire881

IT WILL NOT BE ROLLAN OR MEILIN THAT THEY KILL. IF THEY DO I WILL FIRST FEED THEM TO GERATHON AND THEN FEED GERATHON TO THE WORM AND FEED THE WYRM TO A SHARK AND THEN K*LL THE SHARK. I SWEAR BY ALL OF THE STARS IN THE SKY AND BY ALL OF THE SPIRIT ANIMALS IN ERDAS THAT IF THEY DIE THEN

THE AUTHOR IS FED TO GERATHON FED TO THE WORM FED TO THE DEAD SHARK THEY ARE NOT GOING TO D- :collapses from lack of oxygen:

Ashes, I think you're overreacting a little. They'll meet up in the Spirit Realm! That's where I met Iceberg.

Yeah, they'll meet up just like Hare and I did.

I just think I'll be going to the Pyrrhian rain forest now.

Watermelon, you are not leaving. If it's Meilin that gets killed then Jetta and I will HAPPILY take her place.

:Barks:

Oh, fine.

Really, Laina?

WOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ALL STANDING UP FOR HARE. ROLLAN AND MEILIN ARE NOT DYING I WILL FEED THEM TO

We know, we know!

• Posted at:

|| Ashes/Laura ||

Unapologetically bi

The Hamiltrash

//she/her//11//libra//ravenclaw//fander//theater nerd//

and love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside

history has it's eyes on you~

/298477

Thumbnail avatar 4bed2c0b6f

rabbitpaw36

It looked like a rock, only made of a substance Kovo had never seen before. Something strong enough to cut through the world itself.

Kovo drew in his breath. He could sense something moving beneath the surface. A tremor of life that pulsed like a heart. Something was inside, trying to get free. Kovo stepped back, staring at the thing below, and realization washed over him.

This was not sky.

This was not stone.

This was an egg.

Kovo touched the egg with his hand, and picked it up. He peered around it. He discovered a tiny hairline crack, but one growing larger. He set the egg down, and studied the substance. He poked it. It was harder than rock. The crack was a bit wider now, and was almost all the way around. Moments later, a pointy break poked his way out. Kovo stepped back, and let out a small grunt. What was this? He washed in the shadows as the egg cracked. Once it has fully cracked, he could see a large bird, the size of a great beast, sitting in the egg. He then realized that Essix was also waiting in the shadows. She flew to the nest, and gave the chick a piece of worm. No. She fed it a piece of the Wyrm. Haliwar also flew in, and Essix and him touched wings. It was their chick.

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Or Sakari

You're my constant in every moment

Constant

You've never failed me

All my life

You have never left my side

You are my constant

#SaveTheSouthernResidents

#StandWithSeaWorld

It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.-Eeyore

rabbitpaw36

I'm so original. -.-

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Or Sakari

Constant

You've never failed me

All my life

You are my constant

#StandWithSeaWorld

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Are you an Essawir shipper? I am! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

rabbitpaw36

Yeah.

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Or Sakari

Constant

You've never failed me

All my life

You are my constant

#StandWithSeaWorld

Thumbnail avatar 4a74bffb0e

lionpaw260

THANKS MISS LISA! I will do this later, I gtg to swim :(

• Posted at:

Dont forget me(mes)

Thumbnail avatar 1f1bbe50a6

ambercity85

Rollan looked up to see Shane standing in the mouth of a tunnel, his figure lit orange against the magma glow. He had taken his mask off, and Rollan was again struck by his changed appearance—his yellow crocodile eyes and the glimpse of scaly green flesh creeping up his neck.

Shane had once been a strong, handsome ruler—heir to the throne of Stetriol. Now he looked like a monster.

The boy stepped into the middle of the room with the bearing of a king. Rollan had to begrudgingly admit that the name fit. “I’m sure you’re all curious why I’ve brought you here,” Shane began.

"What, so we can become a monster like you?" Rollan snorted. Shane and Abeke winced at the same time. Abeke shot Rollan a glare, and Rollan returned it. Abeke was not in her right mind. If she was, she would be backing away in disgust. But now, Abeke was standing protectively by Shane.

"No, this has nothing to do with that. I'm saying that we need to work together - for the first time ever - and defeat the Wyrm," Shane explained.

"What, like you have anything to lose!" Rollan shouted. "One of my friends is, or will be soon, subject to the Wyrm!"

"I actually do have something to lose!" a Redcloak stepped forward (Warning: Unless you have read Tales of the Fallen Beasts, this next thing will be a Spoiler). "My name is Worthy. My brother lost a Great Beast to the Wyrm. Abeke would understand what it's like to lose a Spirit Animal." Abeke nodded sadly, her eyes glistening with tears.

"Well, I don't trust someone who can't even show me their face!" Rollan yelled. He didn't expect what came next. Worthy pulled off his mask. Rollan couldn't believe who's face was under it.

Devin Trunswick.

MODS PLEASE LET THIS THROUGH!

• Posted at:

~Amber~

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Put this in your sig if you are one the 6% who love wolves and think they are shy and amazing creatures

Proud Christian

Queen of Longness

#RememberShane

#Reilin

Jedi

Erudite/Amity

Hufflepuff

Thumbnail avatar a71322c94d

dragonhydra1737

YAY!!!

• Posted at:

Corgi

Tempest /⚡️ Art3mis®

When your computer's broken so you can't fix your sig

DRAGON

DEMIGOD

#Temp

Trust is a double sided blade

I'm partially sane. And you?

Wait for it

REBEL

¯\_()_/¯

This world just drove me insane

☮️

Thumbnail avatar fec22c019b

dragonamber954

IF SHANE DIES I WILL CHUCK THE BOOK ACROSS THE ROOM AND THEN RIP IT INTO A MILLION PIECES WITH MY BARE HANDS.

• Posted at:

I am a Greencloak

An Avenger

A guardian of the Galaxy 

a wings of fire fangirl

and a dragon at heart 

Thumbnail avatar be30c94801

jadeunicorn720

OH MAI GOSH IF MELIN ABEKE ROLLAN OR CONOR IS DEAD I WILL LITERALY STOP READING THE SERIES O.O

O.O

HAVENT READ 2D SEIREIS

• Posted at:

Jade unicorn

Favorite games:pokemon,spirit animals,animal jam,roblox,and more.

Thumbnail avatar fec22c019b

dragonamber954

STORY STARTER TWO!!!

As Shane spoke, Rollan felt Abeke tense beside him.  He understood why; she'd recently lost her spirit animal, the Great Leopard Uraza, and now, the boy 

who'd nearly destroyed Erdas had saved them.

But he'd been too late to save Uraza.

At first....Abeke had seemed cold, fearful, empty.  But now she seemed to constantly have fury radiating from her.  And not the rage filled fury Rollan had 

seen in Meilin when her father had died, but calm, collected rage that sent chills up Rollan's spine.  That was the worst kind of rage.

''As I'm sure you all know,''  Shane continued, looking out unto the crowd, most of them wearing red cloaks.  ''My name is...King,''  Rollan could see the 

brief movement as Shane's eyes flicked to Rollan and Abeke.  ''And I am the leader of the Redcloaks.  We want to stop Zerif as much as you,''  this was 

definitely directed to Rollan and Abeke.  ''And we want to restore what has been taken from you.''

Abeke tensed even more, her fingers curling into fists, but her face remained impassive.

''I know why you do not trust us, I do,''  Shane said.  ''And I don't want to become friends.  That is too strong a word.  But I hope to be...allies.''

Abeke finally spoke up, her voice clear and sharp.  ''And why should we believe a word you say, King?''

Shane looked at her, his odd crocodile eyes creepy and and...sad.  ''I know that you do,''  he said simply.  ''I know you will cooperate because Uraza is 

a part of you that has been stolen, and I genuinely want to return her to you.''

Abeke scoffed, but said no more.

Rollan knew what he wanted to say...but he didn't know how to say it.  ''You...I believe you,''  he said, wincing at the look Abeke gave him.  ''I don't

usually believe what people say.  I only trust three people wholeheartedly, if that says something, and it does.  And I believe that you genuinely want to 

help return Uraza to Abeke, but I think what we should be asking is, what are you going to do when this is all over?''

Shane looked puzzled, but continued strongly.  ''We are going to vanish.  We are going to continue to fix whatever has been broken, and, if the 

Greencloaks reform after all of this is over, we're going to leave the world in their hands.''

Rollan didn't know what to say to that.  ''Why exactly do you want us to help you?  How do you know that we won't make a run for it and gather 

up the remaining Greencloaks and take out Zerif and the Redcloaks?''

Shane paused, his gaze unblinking.  ''I don't,''  he said.  ''But I know that we all hate Zerif.''

• Posted at:

I am a Greencloak

An Avenger

A guardian of the Galaxy 

a wings of fire fangirl

and a dragon at heart 

Thumbnail avatar d1b2bd2460

opalbulldog46

NO NOT CONOR. HE CAN'T DIE OR BECOME THE MANY. NO I WON'T ALLOW IT 

• Posted at:

Pizza Mirima Historia

Daughter of Hades

Just a random Redcloak

Bounty Hunter, Skylander, Junsong Warrior

Queen of Skylands, Sea Otters+

"Chop 'Till Ya Drop!" ~~Chopscotch (Skylanders)

Ever=Twin!

Gang@/241569

bluefire881

IF MY TWO FAVORITE CHARACTERS DIE I WILL RIP APART THE BOOK WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS AND THEN I WILL TRAVEL ERDAS AND MOURN MEILIN/ROLLAN AND THEN I WILL K*LL ZERIF AND THE WYRM AND THEN I WILL TRAVEL TO EARTH AND BURN THE BOOK SHREDS AND THEN I SHALL ENSLAVE ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY SHOULD HAVE DIED AND THEN- (meilin) *knocks her unconcioues* WHO CARES IF I DIE? ONLY ROLLAN CARES ABOUT ME! (rollan) yes i do. don't you EVER leave me.

• Posted at:

|| Ashes/Laura ||

Unapologetically bi

The Hamiltrash

and love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside

/298477

Thumbnail avatar 877756c5e9

fairywolf652

Well I'm gonna start from the last sentence because it's gonna be hard to remember while working on it so here it goes....."I'm sure you're curious why I brought you here ." Shane began. " To kidnap us and force us to join you . " said Abeke strongly. "No." said Shane a little bit heartbroken . Then randomly a redcloak who had been overhearing the conversation jumped over the edge of the boat and did a cannonball into the sea or attempted to at least a redcloak with a panther mask was grabbing the one who had tried to jump into the water up and onto the ship . " To turn us crazy !" he said. " my name is not crazy it is Free , because I wish to be free like on how Worthy wants to be worthy even though he is worthy at heart ." said the redcloak in defense. " so you are here to capture us !" Abeke snapped. The redcloak worthy did a facepalm. He blinked at Free who was clearly a prisoner. " I know what you're thinking and why you're thinking it and it is not that at all Now let King explain or else me , Worthy, and Talon will break this fight up with our own hands and paws I will summon the fourth fightbreaker." said free who's expression had the eye's of excitement so she was really enjoying this conversaition. " We used to do bad things in the past and ......" said Shane. " killed thousands of inecents , conqeured countless lands, almost destroyed you're homeland I should know I witnessed it all and now were in a tunnel of darkness and by the way are the mushrooms good to eat cause I never new and is the wyrm a chicken cause its letting others do its fight for it and is the wyrm a boy or a girl?" asked Free. " BE QUITE FREE ! " yelled shane. Free went quite. " Now let me explain all of it........

• Posted at:

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL POKEMON !

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

The legend of ZELDA rules! 

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 1f1bbe50a6

ambercity85

Fairy, copy and paste is magic . . .

• Posted at:

~Amber~

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Put this in your sig if you are one the 6% who love wolves and think they are shy and amazing creatures

Proud Christian

Queen of Longness

#RememberShane

#Reilin

Jedi

Erudite/Amity

Hufflepuff

Thumbnail avatar 417b20b09c

cobrahawk88

agreed

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire#FANWING

I'm a Skywing named Shade

Warriors Cats

I'm a Windclan cat named Nightclaw

Spirit Animals#ShaneDefender!

I'm a keeper in the game.

I LOVE ANIMALS AND OUR EARTH! SPREAD THE MESSAGE!

Thumbnail avatar a2d895859c

goatgoblin10

These story starters are sneak peeks of the Burning Tide, at least some are! (Squeals!!) the hints! OMG, oh my heart! The feels!

• Posted at:

Je Suis Doodle

Avery 

LGBTQ+ supporter 

Equal Rights for ALL

Don't spread Hate, Spread Love

Player of SA since BETA Release

Reader of SA since 2014

I use this one and my Whitepaw76 one

URAZA? URAZA WAS THE LOST BEAST FROM BOOK3 SERIES2?! THANK U! (  havent read series 2 yet.)

ROLLAN MUST NOT DIE!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Posted at:

Alpacas Oh wait srry wat was the question

You can call me Nuke

It's AmusedEars, dear child, not AmuseDears.

What the heck is that? It's an alpaca. I got the last one.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh love SA, i cant wait to read The burning tide........hope Meilin will reunit with Rollan soon, and conor will not die

• Posted at:

bluefire881

Maybe i'll start my own prompt! and write it later.

• Posted at:

|| Ashes/Laura ||

Unapologetically bi

The Hamiltrash

/298477

Thumbnail avatar 632f7ba824

lizardsoccer60

third. it is the part that is most cliffhanging.

• Posted at:

briggan and the great beasts

Thumbnail avatar c534f97a9b

eaglecat1015

great story

• Posted at:

lily warriors fan,wings of fire fan,spirit animals fan

Same! Lol. I'm really worried that either Shane or Abeke or Conor will die in The Burning Tide. (Although I really don't want ANYONE to die) I think I heard that Jonathan Auxier is killing off a main character right? If by main he means one of the 5 young main characters from the original series( Abeke, Shane, Rollan, Conor, and Meilin) and not one of the new young main characters like Takoda, Kirat, or Tasha then I've narrowed it down to Abeke, Shane, or Conor. It would seem like Conor would be the one since he's been having Wyrm trouble for the past 3(now 4) books. But he's been alive for a while so I'm having my doubts about something happening to him. Although it's still possible. I'm worried for Abeke because she's had a history of really bad luck, in both series. And I concerned for Shane because this is the first time he's ever appeared on a cover. I'm wondering if this is a warning to the readers that this is the last of him we'll see....

• Posted at:

Yona of the Dawn, Lockwood and Co, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Spirit Animals fan.

Thumbnail avatar 88c02ba9f6

rubyfairy377

that is so funny:)

• Posted at:

fairywolf652

Which one is the third? Seriously which one cause I have no idea?

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 52a4bdfe53

lightningdragon1850

This was not sky.

This was not stone.

This was an egg.

And if eggs were falling from the sky, was there something else up there? Was Erdas under attack? If a single egg could do this, what would more do? What could lay an egg that could cut through the world itself? Kovo scrambled away from the egg. He would normally have taken this egg home, nursed it. He would have taken care of it. But this egg had hurt the tree. It had been dropped onto the tree. Something had used the egg to attack them. But Kovo couldn't do anything yet. He would tell others about the egg and the threat it represented. He would get support. The egg would not hatch yet. He had time. So Kovo left the chamber. He climbed up and promised himselkf that he would watch the sky. If another one appeared o if the egg staryed to hatch he would dfestroy them.It seemed extreme but he had to.If they were under attack the eggs, or weapons had to be stopped from hatching. If it was a scared bird leaving its child here for protection he would raise it himself. But the egg didn't seem friendly. The thing in it didn't seem friendly. He could wait.

• Posted at:

Wings of flame and Wings of storm

soon will return

the earth will shake

and the sky will churn

when Pyrhia will return

BonfireFlameWing

EmeraldeyesCrystalWing

Cleril

Turljou

StormWing

No one is pure evil

fairywolf652

Good one !

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 4c46865d32

joyfulcat108

Bookmark

• Posted at:

✨I am Dreamkeeper...

Chi Master, Shadow Magerandom other stuff

Queen of ailurophiles and world domination

I used to exist. Perhaps I shall again. Or maybe my time has come, and this is now the end. 

fairywolf652

Which one is third ?

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 4b0cc227fa

doghorse1330

SPOILER ALERT!Shane does die...Its sad...I hate that authors make all the good ppl die always

• Posted at:

I am a reader, I am fearless,I am brave. I am Shelby.

fairywolf652

Please ignore my previous posts but don't ignore the story starter which technicaly is a previous post .

Free : " I smell corn . "

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 6c60b26e26

opalunicorn581

@Admin Lisa Q., thank you for taking the time to visit us again! It's amazing to see one of our mods back. I hope you've been well. You may not know of me, as I am slightly new, but I hope that we will see more of each other. I just have one question for you, or Mods in general: Do you know about our culture? RPs, SAMB, OCs, Flames, Wars, Siggys, and Nicknames?

I hope you have a great day/night!

• Posted at:

Elpis

Queen of Alpacas, Glitches, and Lemony Snickets

Gang:

Kynigos, Matthias, Xander, Lilo, Tarik, Valerie, and Vincent.

I am a Divergent, Slytherin, Demigod

#GreySide

#AllHailPurple

#TrashSquad

1 ,