Greencloak Message Board: Quick Poll
1. What do you like doing most on Scholastic's sites? I love hanging out on the forums - They're a perfect place for me to discuss my fandoms with other people and have fun creative writing.
2. What do you wish that you could do more of that you can't right now? Many of the things the other forumers listed were good ideas. Here's a list of the ones I'd like -
- The ability to post and view others' fan art. I myself wouldn't have any to post, but I love looking at others' fan art. This, of course, would be moderated, I'd assume.
- Thread notifications. It would be nice to have a slightly more sophisticated and more easy-to-access notifications system than we already have with the Urgent Missives board. I would appreciate if there were more settings with the notifications, like turning them off for notifications from your Friends who're posting on other topics [All of the notifications I get about various MBers who I've Friended posting on RPs I'm not a part of don't concern me, so maybe a way to turn that off would be nice?] I would also like to receive notifications for specific threads I've picked, not just random ones off the front page. And, lastly, as I stated before, perhaps there could be a way to access these notifications more easily like a little button on the site header [next to one's username, perhaps?] ?
- The ability to see whether an MBer is online/active or not. The only way I can tell whether my friends are online is if I check ther clans, assuming they have one. This can be a bit tedious, especially if the MBer didn't create the clan and I have to go fishing through pages of heroes to find them. Perhaps the same function in the Clans could be added to all MBers' profiles, like a little message underneath their hero stating whether they're online or offline. Another slightly more accurate way of doing this would be to add an option for a "Status". MBers could pick from various preset options, like "Online" or "Offline". This way, the status could be controlled manually, so even if the MBer's device is still on, they could still have "Offline" as their status if they're not actually on the MB.
- Specific thread access. Perhaps there could be a function to control who sees the threads you make. There could be preset options, such as the entire forum or your clan, as well as the option to select only specific forumers by adding their username. [This could work in a similar way to how "sharing" works in the Google product universe.]
- The ability to play the Spirit Animals game on a Chromebook. Although I don't play the game often, I would like to see the game extended to the Chorme platform.
- More signature space! Although the current amount of signature space is pretty good, I would like it if the max characters was moved up just a bit. I'd even be fine with max 275 characters.
- More text color choice. As much as I do like the current selection of colors, perhaps there could be an option to create "Custom" colors as well? [Again, kind of like the text color thingy on Google Docs.]
Thank you SO MUCH for taking your time to read my lengthy post, Admin Gavin! I appreciate it. :)
1. I play Spirit animals with my little sister while I'm away at school.
2. I wish that I had more time to read. Life is pretty hectic right now.
1. Posting to other people, meeting people who love reading, not being judged, rp,
2. Being able to have notifications when we get new posts on our/other peoples threads, more sig space, take away stars and replace with book mark type things.
I will post more I think of more
1) I like going on the forums and playing the games
2) I wish that I could go past level 40 in spirit animals. I know this sounds weird, given that I'm not even at level 40, but I've seen people say it gets boring once you hit the max level and they stop playing.
I'm going to compare this to another forum I'm on for ideas to add on to my previous post:
Private messages, notifications, editing posts, deleting posts, maybe videos; more mobile-friendly colours, fonts, etc.; a tagging system, username changing, customizable usernames (which of course would go through moderation), BLOCKING PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS MY FLUFF THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE, something to actually do with clans, #MoreSigSpace, a post tagging system, a connection to chat like every other MB, speaking in foreign languages???, unstarring posts, longer polls, re-voting in polls, and a reverse-private-messaging-thingy to stop certain people from seeing posts
I like playing the games a lot
I kind of wish we could make fan art
1.) Doing anything on the SAMB. Unless I'm doing something that involves a conflict
2. I think you should have the option to turn on notifications for threads, so, for example, if you make a thread and turn notifications on for that thread, then you'll get notifications for whenever someone posts on your thread, so that you can reply imeediately. It would be a lot easier than repetitively checking to see if someone replied to your post. And you can turn notifications on for any thread, even if someone else made it. I've had this idea for a while and I really hope that you think about it because I really like this idea.
P.S. I agree with whoever posted this first.
1) Posting on threads and posting my own topics.
2) Well, I looked through the first few posts and I realized a few things that I also think would be good for the forums, at least. So, first of all, notifications. Kind of like on social media apps, I think it would be helpful if we could select if there were certain topics we want notifications on for when other people post on them. As I saw another person say, it would be really helpful for conversations off of playing in the actual game. Second thing, private messaging. Maybe two people want to make a collab roleplay or write a book together in the forums and talk (without people butting into the conversation) about it.
I don't know if there's anything else, but if there is then I'll repost.
1) I love talking with everybody else!!! Except the forum trolls. -.-
2) I wish we could unstar posts, personally message people without everybody seeing it, bookmark/subscribe topics, and maybe post picture of fanart and stuff?
1. playing the games and posting random messages
2. PLEASE LET THE GAME BE PLAYED BE PLAYED ON TABLETS AND FIX+UPDATE THE APP. PLEASE!
1. Role-playing on the forums, the forums themselves, and doing versus quests in the game
2. I wish there were notifications for the forums, because if I post on something I usually forget about it. Or I post on so many other things it's on another page of my posts and then just...sinks into oblivion.
Also I wish more people would do versus quests, because I usually have to wait a really long time just to find people...it's annoying
i like sprit animaling. on quests. i want a nonlimte spirit animal pick/change/.
1. I love posting stories and playing versus mode with my sis.
2. Maybe somewhere or someway that we could use to post fanfic? Like a way to make chapters? That sounds real biased because I want to be an author or movie script writer someday but... eh.
1. Posting on the SAMB
2. Having a TV and watching it! (it's such a shame I don't have one)
I would like a filter function so I can just look at RP/story threads when I choose to (this could be simple, like the creators would categorize their own threads when they post them). Maybe making the forums a little more mobile-friendly; I keep having to scroll over so I can see what I'm writing. I could turn the phone sideways, but I don't like to type like that. Also (and these are SA-specific) I would like to have my animal out of passive state in treasure rooms! and on the mobile game I wish I could see what a skill does before equipping it.
Being able to tap on a post you just searched for and going straight to it.
When you search, any posts with that exact phrase in the title being first on the list, instead of there being five or six or twenty posts in front of it because they have one of the words in the body somewhere and they were posted most recently.
Private messaging would be great so people can conspire about RPs without everyone seeing what they're talking about. Yes, you can just join a council in-game, but that requires coordinating. Thread notifications would be AWESOMESAUCE, especially when you're trying to get someone's attention (say, they've stopped posting in the RP you do together and you want to know what's up). I know a lot of people want to be able to post pictures of fanart, but I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe have an email people can send pictures to, and then one of the mods does a "round-up" every week?
Other than that, I love the game, the music, and the forum in general (especially RPs - can't you tell? ;P). Thanks for all your hard work. And congrats on getting published!
1. I like SA most. Well, I really don't know, because my computer crashes when I try to go anywhere else on Schoolastic.
2. I wish that you could design your own armor.
Also maybe add a point to stars, like if you had a star shop or something. Although, that would probably just cause more star farming. Maybe if you star farm, then a small amount of stars are taken away from you? I don't know, I just thought it would be cool to actually have a meaning for stars instead of removing them, like some people think you should do