Thumbnail avatar eee22b8e94

pizzapie250

("Cold in my professions" letter, on the subject of wives)

The first letter is either an n like in "nose" or a capital D like in "Do". N seems more likely because of how defined the hook is, instead of the loop, which could very well be a stray mark, which you will notice several of. The next looks like his e's in the bodies of words or a v, and I can't think of a word with a V following an N. Unidentified letter, but something comes down diagonally. The next two appear very similar to the -er in "After". Ne-er. The gap letter seems to be a v, simply through logic. Never.

I am so lost on the second word, I can't . . . Sorry.

It's about five letters. Someone said online it looked like guard, but I also could see spared.

The third word might start with a y the way he writes it specifically in "you". The rest are too well crossed out, but it's about two other letters by spacing. Again, he wrote "you" in an oddly specific way, so I think it said "you".

Fourth word. That says "of". Moving on.

Five. Most people look at that and say "kitties", but . . . "Do justice to the length of my nose, and don't forget, that I never spared/guard you of kitties"? It doesn't make any sense . . .

Conor's censoring pen was thicker and in a darker ink than Alexander's writing, and when those marks are eliminated, that K is actually a P, and there's only one t, to name the most interesting things. It looks nearly identical to the "picture" written a bit above it, only with an s at the end. 

So if if this is any help to anyone, here you go. Can I get some help on the second word?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Clockwork

She/her

I've been researching Alexander Hamilton for 8 months.

Random fact: Alexander Hamilton had a boyfriend named John Laurens. John was killed in battle, shortly after Alexander sent a letter begging him to quit the war.

pizzapie250

Hello?

• Posted at:

Clockwork

She/her

Random fact: Alexander Hamilton had a boyfriend named John Laurens. John was killed in battle, shortly after Alexander sent a letter begging him to quit the war.

pizzapie250

Yo

Any people interested in the actual Alexander Hamilton and his relationship with John Laurens? Or am I the only history-because-I'm-bored-and-lonely-and-weird person here?

• Posted at:

Clockwork

She/her

pizzapie250

Well now I feel kind of lonely

the only history-because-I'm-bored-and-lonely-and-weird one here

But just kind of

It's just that this letter is kind of important, because Alexander Hamilton wrote it, and it hasn't been properly deciphered for a few centuries, but here's a bit of progress, another chip away from the block

But yeah

I guess I need to pick a better place to share these things

And I need to stop pouring my actually kind of sensitive heart out online over really petty things because I'm tired and I've had a kind of long day and I'm feeling writer-y

And I need to stop spending so much time figuring out when I stopped joking and started dumping my soul out on the internet

And I need to stop writing things that are kind of deep for some kid's site like really ignore the lack of punctuation and proper grammar and the shortness of it all and this is actually really deep for me I normally keep this stuff in my head

And I don't know why I'm doing this or continuing on with the casual/humor indicating format/lack of punctuation 

so yeah

I gotta go

bye

• Posted at:

Clockwork

She/her

pizzapie250

I have random periods of time in which I can either be too tired to function or anxious and paranoid, and I start to sort of forget what I've said versus what I've thought. I don't know why. I was in one of those periods of time when I wrote the above post. Sorry.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

She/her