Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Book One: Thunder

Chapter 1:

"Hi, Birchfoot." My mate, Chortletuft, mewed. The she-cat swiftly came up to me and sat down, offering me a squirrel. I dropped my own rabbit on the fresh-kill pile and bit into the back of the squirrel, flavor washing over my tongue. I heard the bracken at the AspenClan entrance rustle, and Jayswift darted inside, placing his mouse on top of my rabbit. The tabby warrior was the swiftest cat in AspenClan. If he didn't carry AspenClan scent and possess its blood, he would have been mistaken for a GorseClan warrior.
GorseClan…
That was where the first love of my life, Falconeyes, belonged. I hadn't heard from her in two moons, other than whispers of her and my story.
"We shouldn't have run away from our Clans to be together," she had said, "our destiny lies with our Clans." We had arrived back in GorseClan just in time to prevent a badger and fox attack on the camp. We had said our farewells and I had left for AspenClan.
I shook myself back to reality and finished my squirrel quickly, just in time for the Gathering. I stood up. Perhaps this time, Falconeyes would come. 

I spotted a black and white speckled brown tabby pelt as I entered the clearing. I sat next to it and gasped as Falconeyes turned to me.
I grabbed onto the real world and stared at Falconeyes's swollen belly. "Uhhh..." Escaped my muzzle. "Is the father of those who I think it is?"
Falconeyes licked squirrel blood off my nose. "Yes, mouse-brain." She leaned closer and whispered, "Everyone else thinks Snowywhisker is the father. I've taken him as a mate."
"Oh. My Clanmates have started to trust me now, you know. And that's mainly due to Chortletuft." I meowed.
"We've gone our separate ways, now. See? And we're happy separately." Falconeyes meowed.
Rage flared up. "Really? Then I guess I won't be seeing you anymore!" I yowled as quietly as possible.
Sparrowstar leaped down from the Great Oak. I padded behind her, and far away from the GorseClan line as possible. Maybe Falconeyes was right. We could never be together.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Tsunami~

Galatea Suihane (Shapeshifter)

Silvenia the Air Dragon (Mate with Blaze)

Blaze the Fire Dragon (Mate with Silvenia)

Iris the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Rainbow the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Whisper (#Randomness)

Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Nice job! Just so you know, don't get to carried away with the clan story line because if my rp survives to the end, I will be making another one that goes on after wards about a five clan war.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Warrior cat video of the week: Bring Me the Night 

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

topazhamster42

Also, Chortlepaw's warrior name was going to be Chortlewing...

• Posted at:

~Topaz

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

K! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Sorry if I'm getting on your nerves.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

I'm just using the characters and "Returning BranchClan" part. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

"Chortletuft, Thornbush, Fawnripple, and Ivypaw can go remark the border from CliffClan to the lake. If they have enough time before the sun is directly above our heads, try to remark the MistyClan border, too. If not, then I'll send the dusk patrol out to do that. Birchfoot, Aspenleaf, Hawkpaw, and Dewfall, please remark the border along the BranchClan territory to the Beyond Lands."
As Sunspark rambled on and on to send out the patrols, I was speechless the whole day. Aspenleaf, Dewfall, and Hawkpaw were on task and focused the day. 

When my patrol got back, I instantly slumped over in my nest next to Chortletuft, who had arrived much earlier than me. She prodded my flank and I flipped over to look at her. "What?" I asked, slightly angered.
Chortletuft rolled her eyes and meowed, "I was going to tell you that I'm expecting your kits."
My eyes widened. I licked her muzzle gently and she settled next to me, licking her flanks.
I purred and Chortletuft's littermate, Featherbreeze, walked in, cleaning her paws and pausing at the sight of us. She waved her plumy tail in the air and meowed, "Did Chortletuft tell you about the news?"
I purred in amusement. "The whole expecting-kits-news? I got that."
Featherbreeze looked surprised. "No. The news about your former mate. She just gave birth to two kits. A tom and a she-cat. The tom is named Wolfkit, and the she-cat is named Foxkit. Everyone in GorseClan believes that a tom named Snowywhisker is the father. No cat told the GorseClan cats the truth."
Chortletuft looked furious. "I told you not to tell him!" She yowled. She aimed a hard blow at Featherbreeze's muzzle. Featherbreeze took a step back. "I thought it would please him!" She retorted. She marched out of the warriors' den with her tail sticking straight into the air. 

I tore the littermates apart! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

Featherbreeze and Chortletuft were avoiding each other like GorseClan and CliffClan over the Cliff-Gorse Pass. I felt horrible about tearing the once-close littermates apart. Every time Sunspark or Sparrowstar tried to get the sisters to hunt or patrol together, they refused to go, and sometimes refused meals. 

"Chortletuft?" I poked my head inside the nursery to see how my mate was doing. The mottled she-cat growled slightly and I shrunk back. If Chortletuft got mad at anything, she would not stop until she had gotten revenge. So all the Clan cats avoided getting her mad. Mad Chortletuft meant something would be stripped apart. But Chortletuft would never kill a cat, or even badly hurt them. 

"Sunspark, what's happened?" Sparrowstar yowled, skidding to a halt in front of the AspenClan deputy.
Sunspark, Hawkpaw, Ivypaw, Fawnripple, and Thornbush had returned to camp wounded during patrol.
"MistyClan attacked us!" Ivypaw gasped.
"What's going on?" Lilyfoot—Ivypaw's, Hawkpaw's, and Honeypaw's mother—meowed. She froze at the sight of her kits bleeding and dashed forward, licking their wounds clean.
"Sunspark, Fawnripple, Thornbush, Ivypaw, Hawkpaw—go straight to Fallingleaf. I'll take a patrol to deal with Seastar." Sparrowstar growled.
Sunspark's patrol limped off towards Fallingleaf's den, and Sparrowstar called off some cats to travel to MistyClan with her.
"Willowblossom, Havenwhisper, Honeypaw, Birchfoot, Foxcall, and Clearwater, come with me." Sparrowstar yowled, running out of camp. I lagged behind the patrol as Sparrowstar led the way to MistyClan. 

"MistyClan cats do not deal with words." Seastar growled, raising her hackles. The warriors Echolight, Swanwing, Silverstone, and Coldstorm bristled and bared their teeth. Sparrowstar, however, remained calm. She knew that we could never beat MistyClan in their own camp.
"We will not attack, but we will now leave a stronger mark to remind MistyClan that we will not let any incidents like this slide by easily." Sparrowstar meowed.
Then we silently left the MistyClan camp. 

"Hawkfire! Ivydawn! Hawkfire! Ivydawn! Hawkfire! Ivydawn!" The cats yowled. Honeypaw looked at her littermates with happiness. She yowled their names the loudest of all.
I purred and trotted up to them. "You know that you'll have to stay up all night with owls and enemies on the loose, right?" I teased.
Ivydawn and Hawkfire purred in amusement. "If you can handle it, so can we!" Ivydawn mewed. The black tabby's eyes sparkled with excitement.
Hawkfire puffed out his chest and meowed, "We better handle Honeypaw. She's probably disappointed that we became warriors before her."
"I don't think you'll need to do that. She seemed pretty excited when you became warriors." I meowed.
Honeypaw padded over and meowed, "You two will probably need to take a mate. Dewfall's always had his eye on you, Ivydawn. And Hawkfire, Fawnripple's meowing that she'll become mates with you."
Hawkfire looked surprised. "I thought Fawnripple liked Havenwhisper."
"And I thought Dewfall liked Willowblossom." Ivydawn interjected.
"Haven't you heard? Willowblossom and Havenwhisper are mates." Featherbreeze interrupted, coming over.
"Okay, we'll ask them to be mates with us." Hawkfire mewed quietly, while Ivydawn seemed excited.
I turned back to Featherbreeze and meowed, "Will you and Chortletuft please make up? It's not the same without you two like this."
Featherbreeze thought and meowed, "I'll think about it."

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 4:

Moons passed. Chortletuft and Featherbreeze had become close again, and Chortletuft was beginning to get noticeably fat. Sunspark's wounds were starting to heal, and Willowblossom was expecting Havenwhisper's kits. Fawnripple and Hawkfire were sharing tongues, as were Ivydawn and Dewfall. It was a typical day in the AspenClan camp, being the peaceful Clan we were, always seeking a fight with words, not claws, unlike CliffClan. They were the real fighters. 

Speaking of CliffClan... 

Dewfall, Foxcall, Mosswing, and Sweetleaf thundered into the camp, panting. "A huge CliffClan patrol is in our territory!" Foxcall yowled.
"Their scents travel almost all the way to the Ancient Beech!" Sweetleaf growled.
The Ancient Beech? The Ancient Beech was an old beech very close to camp. Which meant CliffClan would wait outside and strike in the night.
"We should act and tell Lightningstar that AspenClan will fight for their territory!" Thornbush declared.
Sparrowstar shook her head. "No. This may be just to agitate us. We will wait until the night, and if there is an attack, we will fight. If there is no attack, then I will take Fawnripple, Hawkfire, Ivydawn, and Honeypaw to talk with Lightningstar. Everyone, go to your nests. Dewfall, can you and Cloudbreeze weave some extra brambles into the nursery wall? We'll need that for protection. Sunspark, select some cats to take night watch. For AspenClan, fighting is for a last resort." 

"CliffClan, attack!" Lightningstar's voice yowled in the dead of night. Foul-smelling warriors poured into our camp, heading for the elders and the nursery. Sunspark rushed all the elders into the nursery and yowled, "Featherbreeze, Mosswing, Foxcall, Brambleshine, Appleleaf, Clearwater! Protect the nursery and I'll get Fallingleaf!"
I joined the mass of fighting warriors, clawing ears and kicking muzzles and legs. The warriors Darkshadow and Featherbreeze were fighting each other more fiercely than the other warriors, which was surprising since it had been only a few moons since they had brought BranchClan back with Echolight of MistyClan and Falconeyes. That had earned them their warrior names.
I bit down on Silverspark's leg hard, and aimed a blow behind my back, hoping I didn't hit anyone from AspenClan by accident.
Almost immediately, Silverspark's mate, Spiderstrike, barreled into me and pinned me down. I struggled and yowled, "Let go!"
Spiderstrike growled and snarled, "All the Clans should be fighters. Seeking a fight with claws. Fights with words should be against the warrior code! If someone is sneaky enough to get something, it is rightfully theirs." His claws dug into my chest and blood flowed freely from the wounds.
Suddenly, Spiderstrike was lifted off me and Sunspark's voice was a hazy mumble in my ears as pain sent me unconscious.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job! Caveshadow will be leader when Misty Clan starts a five clan war. Aspen Clan will be the first to be conquered. 

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

topazhamster42

Up

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Thanks for the tip! What's Redpaw's warrior name? Cause I have him named Redlark. But that sounds like a she-cat name. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5:

The scent of the medicine cat den filled my nose. I blinked my eyes open and Fallingleaf meowed, "Stay still, or else the bleeding will continue."
Sunspark and Sparrowstar peered inside the den and the leader mewed, "Chortletuft kitted while you were in here. You better go to the nursery or else she's going to be mad."
I waited until Fallingleaf was finished wrapping up my wound and walked over to the nursery. Chortletuft lifted one of the kits by the scruff and I could barely make out her words: "What should we name this one?" It was a pure white tabby she-cat, so I decided on Snowkit. We had a flame-colored ginger tabby tom named Firekit, an orange tabby she-cat named Leafkit, and a silver tabby she-cat named Flowerkit.
Chortletuft meowed, "It's time for their naps, anyways. You better leave."
I backed out of the nursery and nearly bumped into Appleleaf. The black and silver tabby hissed and marched over to her mate, Cloudbreeze.
I jumped back in surprise. I hadn't done anything concerning her! Why was she so prickly? 

I dug my claws into the ground as a chilly wind picked up and blew across the Gathering Island, which was a little way from MistyClan territory. The MistyClan cats would probably be arriving by water, probably under the leadership of Cavestar, who had taken over when Seastar had mysteriously died a quarter-moon ago. 

"What do you mean, you will no longer honor StarClan?" Ashstar hissed at Cavestar.
Cavestar yowled, "The Clans should be strong, combined with the powerful rule of one leader! Seeking a fight with claws! They could be unstoppable!"
Sparrowstar and Creekstar bunched up together at one side of the Great Oak. Ashstar followed them as well.
Cavestar and Lightningstar banded on one end, hissing and snarling.
AspenClan, GorseClan, and half of BranchClan joined on the same side of Sparrowstar, Creekstar, and Ashstar. On Cavestar and Lightningstar's side was MistyClan, CliffClan, and the other half of BranchClan.
"This Gathering has come to a close. AspenClan, GorseClan, follow Sunspark to the AspenClan camp." I will stay here with Ashstar and BranchClan." Sparrowstar mewed. 

The AspenClan camp was a bit crowded and filled with AspenClan and GorseClan, but it was the biggest camp the Clans' had, so we couldn't complain. Falconeyes and Chortletuft had stared at each other for what seemed like ages, while Wolfkit, Foxkit, Flowerkit, Firekit, Leafkit, and Snowkit had played around my paws, ignoring their differences.
As the bracken rustled, Sparrowstar and Ashstar entered, followed by the half of BranchClan that had joined with GorseClan and AspenClan. I guessed that the other BranchClan cats had chosen to remain with MistyClan and CliffClan. 

Why did Cavestar demand this? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Redpaw will be Redwing. When Cavestar conquers the clans, whoever tries to escape or rebel gets put in a pit in MistyClan territory. Cavestar will be overworking the tunnelers to build five pits, one for each clan's prisoners. At the gatherings, he won't be mentioning anything about war. 

Nice job!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

"Birchfoot can help train Aldertail, Hawkfeather, Longbreeze, Runningfoot, and Creekstar on fighting in the forest. He can take someone else to help him, too." Sunspark meowed.
We were currently training our side, known as LionClan, on all our individual fighting skills, trees and mountains, thick undergrowth, moorland, anything.
"Uhh, Hawkfire, you can come with me." I mewed. The white and black tom looked up. "Really?" He meowed excitedly.
I nodded and left camp to head for the training area. 

"Lower, Longbreeze. Look at Hawkfire. Examine how he moves across the ground. Also, steady your tail. If you keeping waving it around, you'll make as much sound as a careless squirrel!" I ordered the GorseClan warrior.
To my surprise, Longbreeze didn't argue. She lowered herself even further and made her tail as stiff as a stick, ready to pounce like an overexcited AspenClan apprentice. All the GorseClan cats were surprisingly good at this, considering their long legs and skinniness.
Hawkfire bounded over to me and meowed, "We should finish up soon. I smelled MistyClan and CliffClan past the border today."
"Was it very far?" I asked.
Hawkfire shook his head. "No, but they extended well past the greenleaf river." He meowed.
The greenleaf river was a river in AspenClan territory that was sometimes shared by CliffClan when their water supply nearly ran out, but by joining with Cavestar, they had betrayed the warrior code and that promise.
"Hawkfire, take the GorseClan cats back to camp and I'll take a look of the greenleaf river." I ordered. 

No MistyClan or CliffClan scents were fresh, but they weren't exactly stale, either. Somewhere in between...
I raised my head and perked my ears. There were faint pawsteps. I shot up a tree and spotted the MistyClan cats Echolight, Emberdusk, Foggyclaw, Hickoryspring, Tigershadow, and Whitepaw with the CliffClan cats Darkshadow, Mountainsplash, Olivewing, Nighttalon, Silverspark, and Spiderstrike. They were headed in the direction of AspenClan.
I darted down and let my paws thump as loud as they wanted as they slammed into the earth. As long as I got there in time to warn LionClan, I didn't care.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job!

Hickorypaw and Tigerpaw are still apprentices at the time, and Echopaw is Echocloud.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

topazhamster42

After AspenClan is conquered by Cavestar, he will try to fight CliffClan. Any warriors from his conquered clans that try to escape or rebel will be put in their clan's prisoner pit. Cavestar will fail to capture Cliffclan, so he will go for GorseClan. His deputy will be a rogue warrior named Bonefrost. 

By the way, I was trying to figure out what to name Tigerpaw as a warrior. Tigershadow sounds nice, so I might stick with that!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6:

"Birchfoot can help train Aldertail, Hawkfeather, Longbreeze, Runningfoot, and Creekstar on fighting in the forest. He can take someone else to help him, too." Sunspark meowed.
We were currently training our side, known as LionClan, on all our individual fighting skills, trees and mountains, thick undergrowth, moorland, anything.
"Uhh, Hawkfire, you can come with me." I mewed. The white and black tom looked up. "Really?" He meowed excitedly.
I nodded and left camp to head for the training area.

"Lower, Longbreeze. Look at Hawkfire. Examine how he moves across the ground. Also, steady your tail. If you keeping waving it around, you'll make as much sound as a careless squirrel!" I ordered the GorseClan warrior.
To my surprise, Longbreeze didn't argue. She lowered herself even further and made her tail as stiff as a stick, ready to pounce like an overexcited AspenClan apprentice. All the GorseClan cats were surprisingly good at this, considering their long legs and skinniness.
Hawkfire bounded over to me and meowed, "We should finish up soon. I smelled MistyClan and CliffClan past the border today."
"Was it very far?" I asked.
Hawkfire shook his head. "No, but they extended well past the greenleaf river." He meowed.
The greenleaf river was a river in AspenClan territory that was sometimes shared by CliffClan when their water supply nearly ran out, but by joining with Cavestar, they had betrayed the warrior code and that promise.
"Hawkfire, take the GorseClan cats back to camp and I'll take a look of the greenleaf river." I ordered.

No MistyClan or CliffClan scents were fresh, but they weren't exactly stale, either. Somewhere in between...
I raised my head and perked my ears. There were faint pawsteps. I shot up a tree and spotted the MistyClan cats Echolight, Emberdusk, Foggyclaw, Hickoryspring, Tigershadow, and Whitepaw with the CliffClan cats Darkshadow, Mountainsplash, Olivewing, Nighttalon, Silverspark, and Spiderstrike. They were headed in the direction of AspenClan.
I darted down and let my paws thump as loud as they wanted as they slammed into the earth. As long as I got there in time to warn LionClan, I didn't care.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Erm, I have a different story from that, so I just want to use my own plot and stuff. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Ok. If you want to see my version of the story, the thread number is 282712. It probably will be different than yours...

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7:

I was exhausted by the time I arrived at camp, but I wasted no time warning the leaders. In an instant, AspenClan was in its own patrol, GorseClan in its own, and half of BranchClan on its own. We were prepared for a violent battle that lay ahead. 

I couldn't exactly recall what happened in the battle, but somehow the MistyClan and CliffClan patrol beat us. AspenClan was scattered, GorseClan cats had horrible wounds, and BranchClan elders and queens had been captured. I had taken shelter under a low-lying juniper bush, hoping that my Clanmates were safe. I had no idea were they were, but I knew the most likely place where the remnants of LionClan after the battle might have gone. The BranchClan camp. With Cavestar ruling MistyClan territory, Lightningstar in CliffClan territory, and possibly the intruding patrol in AspenClan territory, there was almost no place to hide. I sighed and got up and out of the bush. BranchClan wasn't that far away.

I peered over the hilltop, watching the swift movements of GorseClan cats among the broad-shouldered BranchClan warriors. I spotted Blazingkit, Chortletuft, Firekit, Flowerkit, Snowkit, Leafkit, Fawnripple, Hawkfire, Ivydawn, Honeypaw, Cloudbreeze, and Dewfall, but there were no other AspenClan cats in sight. Either they had scattered, or Cavestar had demanded some hostages.
I pelted down the slope, yowling my Clanmates' names and scaring some prey, but I didn't care. Finally, Hawkfire looked up and meowed, "Birchfoot!"
Creekstar and Ashstar raced over to the bottom of the hill and meowed, "We couldn't find any more AspenClan warriors, but this is our best."
I bowed my head. "It's okay. Sometimes a little is better than none." I mewed.
But deep inside, I felt shattered. 

I dragged the prey back to the BranchClan camp, struggling under the heavy weight of the old deer. It had taken me, Aldertail of GorseClan, and Starlingfeather of BranchClan to catch it without scaring away the whole herd and causing a stampede. Still, we had caused so much noise that the herd had moved into the territory outside the Clans. So much for getting even more food.
"Birchfoot! You caught that all by yourself?" Fawnripple mewed.
I shook my head. "No. Aldertail and Starlingfeather helped. I couldn't possibly catch that by myself." I meowed.
I turned my attention to my kits—All of them—as Foxkit and Wolfkit jumped on me. I gently sat down and let them slide off, mewling as they went down.
As soon as they reached the bottom, they mewed, "Again!"
I purred and this time, let them chase my tail instead. They found that just as enjoyable. A thought suddenly came to me: Blazingkit was six moons old! He should have been made an apprentice!
I gently lifted my tail away from Wolfkit and Foxkit and padded over to Blazingkit. "Are you an apprentice yet?" I asked him.
"Yes. Creekstar and Ashstar did it for me. My mentor is Cloudbreeze. Honeypaw is now Honeyflower." Blazingpaw replied, his tail sweeping around on the ground. "And I've been thinking of who I'll take as a mate when I'm a warrior. To be honest, I really like Snowkit."
I blinked. "Tell her then. I won't stop you. I've always wanted my kits to take mates. I even pretend I'm the leader of AspenClan and name them Flowersong, Leafheart, Snowecho, and Firespirit." I meow in amusement at myself.
Blazingpaw laughed and stood up. He was a lot bigger than before the battle of AspenClan. He made his way over to Snowkit as I made my way over to Chortletuft. She was sitting next to Falconeyes, surprisingly, and chatting eagerly with her. I shook it off and meowed, "Chortletuft! Falconeyes!"
My AspenClan mate looked up and stood up. "Birchfoot!" She yowled, clearly excited. She bounded up and licked my nose. I licked her muzzle clean and she meowed, "How did you find us?"
"I guess StarClan guided me." I meow.
Falconeyes yowled something to Chortletuft and Chortletuft called Wolfkit, Foxkit, Flowerkit, Firekit, Snowkit, and Leafkit back over to the nursery for sleep.
I followed Starlingfeather back to the nursery and she nudged me over to a moss-lined hollow in the stone floor. I curled up gratefully and gave way to sleep.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

That is NOT what I meant, so the "nursery" at the end should be "warriors' den."
  • Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job!
  • Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I creeped up on the mouse, slowly and silently. Just when it started to move away, I nabbed its tail and killed it before it could make a squeak. I dropped the mouse and started to bury it when I spotted Silverspark of CliffClan running towards me, looking over her shoulder as if to see if she was being followed. She skidded to a halt in front of me and I raised my hackles as the fur on my spine rose. "Why are you here?" I snarled.
Silverspark mewed, "I don't want to follow Cavestar. He's crazier than a piece of fox dung! I want to be on your side."
I lowered my hackles and sat down. "Do you think LionClan will let you in so easily? From what I understand, you were on the patrol that scattered my Clan, now you want to help us?" I growled.
Silverspark shrank back and meowed, "Me and Spiderstrike wanted to come, but Cavestar ordered Bonefrost and Frostyclaw to take Spiderstrike to the pits."
"Frostyclaw and Bonefrost?" I asked, slightly confused. I had never heard of these cats, or of a Bonepaw or Frostypaw in any Clan.
"Cavestar let a bunch of rogues join his Clan." Silverspark briefly explained.
That angered me to no end. "Rogues? In MistyClan?" I questioned her further.
Silverspark nodded. "My littermate, Sandfeather, should be here by now. He wanted to come, too."
I interrupted and asked about the pits.
"Cavestar is overworking his Clan and making them dig out five enormous pits, one for the prisoners of each Clan. He even already put two MistyClan cats in—Heatherblaze and Ashbreeze. I can't exactly recall the names of all the AspenClan prisoners, but I remember Featherbreeze for sure, Clearwater, Brambleshine, Appleleaf, Jayswift, Icyface, Lilyfoot, Mosswing, Dappleheart, Sweetleaf, Splashpaw, Shadecloud, Fallingleaf, Streamlight, Pikefeather, Stonefang, and a light gray tom with his mate, who was a yellow-eyed pale gray and silver tabby. She just gave birth to Lionkit and Tigerkit. Lionkit being a silver tabby tom with silverish gold eyes. Tigerkit, an orange tabby tom with black stripes and golden eyes."
"Wow. You have an excellent memory."
"And the GorseClan prisoners are Sagedapple, Sleekfur, and Swiftbolt. The only CliffClan prisoner is Spiderstrike. The BranchClan prisoners are Berryshadow, Fernpool, Mintyfur, Feathermist, Gingersplash, Deerpaw, and Rabbitpaw." Silverspark finished.
I stood up and meowed, "You can come with me, but I can't promise anything else." I spotted a flash of light ginger fur climbing up the hill and Silverspark meowed, "Sandfeather!"
Sandfeather slid to a halt next to Silverspark and mewed, "I'm here. Let's go." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9:

"Wait up, Falconeyes!" I panted, running after the fast GorseClan warrior. She turned around and stopped, purring. I finally managed to catch up with her and purred in amusement. "Very funny." I meowed sarcastically, but still with a hint of playfulness.
She jumped over me and meowed, "You know Quickclaw?"
I nodded. I had gotten to learning the names of every LionClan cat, and Quickclaw was the first one I'd learned.
"Well, before Echolight, Darkshadow, Featherbreeze, and I brought BranchClan back, Quickclaw told me that she liked you. That made me jealous of her. Besides, even Shrewspots knew that the problem could make our loyalty to GorseClan waver. It was a relief when Quickclaw fell in love with another cat. A rogue named Cloud. He acted just like a Clan cat, and even tried to live in GorseClan for a while. But he left, because he knew that no matter how hard he tried, he would always be a rogue at heart. Two moons later, Quickclaw was handling two kits of her own. Leafkit and Treekit. They disappeared in the middle of the night. Quickclaw was never the same after that." Falconeyes meowed, her amber eyes glowing like stars in the daylight.
"I felt relieved of holding the pressure of being jealous of Quickclaw. Which made me terrified after I found out I was expecting Foxkit and Wolfkit. For some unknown reason, everyone started thinking Snowywhisker was the father. I knew Spikenose would only hate me from now on, since I had stolen Snowywhisker from her. But then Alderpaw became Aldertail. Everything in GorseClan changed. All because of four young warriors."
By the words four young warriors, I knew she wasn't actually referring to her, Featherbreeze, Darkshadow, and Echolight. She meant her, me, Snowywhisker, and Spikenose.
I caught a whiff of MistyClan on the wind and shimmied up the nearest tree, catching a sight of Rosethorn, Jaytalon, Duckwing, Eagleears, Flamingstride, Hazelstreak, Flightpaw, Duskfox, Juniperfrost, Hollythorn, Flashpelt, Silverstone, Foggyclaw, Briarvine, and Iceblaze. There were even some rogues that smelled faintly of MistyClan.
I knew that we had more cats than that in camp, but less cats than that had defeated more cats. So even if we weren't outnumbered, we were outflanked, outmatched, and in disarray.
Falconeyes instantly took off with me on her tail, running as fast as possible. I thundered next to her, matching her pawsteps and using strength to throw myself forward. 

I don't know how we did it, but we beat the TigerClan—Cavestar's "Clan"—patrol to camp.
"There's a large TigerClan patrol on its way! There's somewhere around fifteen cats, and they'll have us outmatched, outflanked, and in disarray!" I gasped, stealing a breath in between words.
Sunspark, Ashstar, and Creekstar organized LionClan into two patrols, dividing their warriors among them.
The Attack patrol would attack full-on, mixed in with GorseClan's speed, AspenClan's strength, CliffClan's wit, and BranchClan's talent amongst the trees. The only reason that last time we had been defeated was that we had held the talents of only of our Clan. We could outmatch the patrol, as well as outflank and outnumber it.
The Defense patrol would defend the camp, and when they saw the TigerClan patrol come towards camp with the Attack patrol on its tail, they would surround the patrol and add a second ring of attacking cats to the mix.
I unsheathed my claws and raced across the meadow. This time, LionClan was ready.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job! 

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10:

I ran at the front of the Attack patrol, my fury bristling like a porcupine's quills. I snarled an order to the BranchClan cats Cloverpaw, Starlingfeather, Flamerise, Lionstrike, and Fallenpetal to get up into the trees with the GorseClan cats Quickclaw, Aldertail, Snowywhisker, Spikenose, and Mottlepelt, and Cloudbreeze and Fawnripple.
The cats obeyed and jumped into the trees surrounding the clearing. I stopped the Attack patrol as the TigerClan patrol burst from the forest we were facing. 

"LionClan, attack!" I yowled. Though outnumbered, TigerClan seemed to handle more than two opponents at one time just fine. I leaped onto Iceblaze's back and caught him by surprise, flattening him. I took in my surroundings and saw that the battle was going quite fine. Flashpelt was being chased back into the forest by Slashclaw of GorseClan, yowling insults at him. Eagleears and Flamingstride was being backed up against the trees by Flamerise and Cloverpaw.
Rosethorn, Jaytalon, Duckwing, and Hazelstreak were being attacked by Ripplestream and Riverseeker of GorseClan along with Ripplestream's mate, Shrewspots. Hollythorn, Duskfox, Flightpaw, and Juniperfrost were retreating towards the trees. Silverstone, Briarvine, and Foggyclaw were being forced to leave by Hawkfire and Honeyflower.
"Now!" I yowled.
Cloverpaw, Starlingfeather, Flamerise, Lionstrike, Fallenpetal, Quickclaw, Aldertail, Snowywhisker, Spikenose, Mottlepelt, Cloudbreeze, and Fawnripple leaped out from behind the trees, lunging at the retreating cats, chasing them to our camp.

The Defense patrol surrounded the TigerClan patrol as a second circle. I stalked forward, breathing heavily. "Do you surrender?" I growled.
"Yes. We'll even give you AspenClan territory back. Just let us go!" Flashpelt yowled.
We let them leave and Sunspark took Dewfall, Fawnripple, Ivydawn, and Honeyflower to AspenClan territory and to survey the damage. It was likely that TigerClan had nearly destroyed it. I knew that we could always rebuild it. Cloudbreeze and Dewfall were the best builders in the Clans. Give them a dead tree, and they'll have it fit for a queen and her litter in three days! I knew because they had actually done it before. They had been part of the patrol sent to build BranchClan a new home. Still, to me it would've felt odd to be a BranchClan cat sleeping in a den that cats from other Clans had made. 

I shoved the thought out of my mind. Hopefully, I would be smelling the familiar scents of the forest again soon.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Hold up. How come Appleleaf's name came out as Aspenleaf in Chapter 2? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

"Chortletuft! Wake up!" I meowed excitedly. Today was the day we would be allowed to hunt in AspenClan territory again. I was jumping around like a kit about to be made an apprentice.
"Okay, okay, okay! No one will believe you're a warrior like this!" The mottled she-cat grumbled.
I settled down and bounded out of the warriors' den. I sat down under the Rockpile and twitched impatiently as more cats waited around me.
"Birchfoot, you can take Hawkfire, Honeyflower, and Fawnripple to AspenClan territory and report if anything seems unsafe or is obviously unsafe." Sunspark mewed, a little playfulness spiking up in the last part. "And catch some prey if you can."

I looked around, taking in my surroundings. The section of AspenClan bordering MistyClan was a wreck. Muddy pawsteps proved that this section was dangerous, cause there were pawprints that showed a cat slipping into the roaring water below. I sent the rest of the patrol on and sniffed around. There were many more sets of pawprints near the slipping cat's pawprints. Suddenly, I lost my footing, slipped, and was caught in the dangerous currents below. I struggled to keep my head above water, and as I slowly lost strength, my head slid under the water.

"Is he alive?" Murmurs started and I coughed up a bunch of water. I lifted my head and my vision cleared in one eye.
Wait. Only one eye? What happened to the other one? I pawed my right eye, and knew instantly that I had lost an eye!
Foxcall and Freezingstream pounded up. I caught a sight of some of my other missing Clanmates and jumped up.
"How's Havenwhisper?" Foxcall demanded.
"I don't actually know. Havenwhisper was taken prisoner by Cavestar. Willowblossom kitted as a prisoner and Lionkit and Tigerkit were born. Silverspark of CliffClan told me. She and her littermate Sandfeather joined LionClan and are going back to CliffClan after Cavestar is defeated. We just defeated a patrol of TigerClan cats and reclaimed AspenClan territory." I mewed.
Foxcall's eyes shone. "We can go back now!" She excitedly meowed to the rest of the AspenClan cats here. Freezingstream, Splashpaw, Thornbush, and Mothbreeze. They cheered, but then they bowed as a beautiful blue-eyed, black-pawed, silver tabby she-cat walked by.
"My name is Leaf, and I strongly advise that you leave for you Clan after you are strong enough to travel." She meowed strongly.

And so I stayed, for two moons. I missed the apprentice ceremonies for all my kits.
Somehow, Leaf had agreed to join LionClan and help defeat Cavestar. But however it ended up, I was sure that nothing would ever be the same now. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

"Chortletuft! Wake up!" I meowed excitedly. Today was the day we would be allowed to hunt in AspenClan territory again. I was jumping around like a kit about to be made an apprentice.
"Okay, okay, okay! No one will believe you're a warrior like this!" The mottled she-cat grumbled.
I settled down and bounded out of the warriors' den. I sat down under the Rockpile and twitched impatiently as more cats waited around me.
"Birchfoot, you can take Hawkfire, Honeyflower, and Fawnripple to AspenClan territory and report if anything seems unsafe or is obviously unsafe." Sunspark mewed, a little playfulness spiking up in the last part. "And catch some prey if you can."

I looked around, taking in my surroundings. The section of AspenClan bordering MistyClan was a wreck. Muddy pawsteps proved that this section was dangerous, cause there were pawprints that showed a cat slipping into the roaring water below. I sent the rest of the patrol on and sniffed around. There were many more sets of pawprints near the slipping cat's pawprints. Suddenly, I lost my footing, slipped, and was caught in the dangerous currents below. I struggled to keep my head above water, and as I slowly lost strength, my head slid under the water. 

"Is he alive?" Murmurs started and I coughed up a bunch of water. I lifted my head and my vision cleared in one eye.
Wait. Only one eye? What happened to the other one? I pawed my right eye, and knew instantly that I had lost an eye!
Foxcall and Freezingstream pounded up. I caught a sight of some of my other missing Clanmates and jumped up.
"How's Havenwhisper?" Foxcall demanded.
"I don't actually know. Havenwhisper was taken prisoner by Cavestar. Willowblossom kitted as a prisoner and Lionkit and Tigerkit were born. Silverspark of CliffClan told me. She and her littermate Sandfeather joined LionClan and are going back to CliffClan after Cavestar is defeated. We just defeated a patrol of TigerClan cats and reclaimed AspenClan territory." I mewed.
Foxcall's eyes shone. "We can go back now!" She excitedly meowed to the rest of the AspenClan cats here. Freezingstream, Splashpaw, Thornbush, and Mothbreeze. They cheered, but then they bowed as a beautiful blue-eyed, black-pawed, silver tabby she-cat walked by.
"My name is Leaf, and I strongly advise that you leave for you Clan after you are strong enough to travel." She meowed strongly. 

And so I stayed, for two moons. I missed the apprentice ceremonies for all my kits.
Somehow, Leaf had agreed to join LionClan and help defeat Cavestar. But however it ended up, I was sure that nothing would ever be the same now.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12:

I smelled the familiar scents of the AspenClan cats in the camp. Home! I pelted into camp, causing some cats to be interrupted during sharing tongues, but as soon as they spotted the AspenClan cats behind me, they cheered. They silenced at the sight of Leaf and her rogues.
"Don't worry! They're here to help us defeat Cavestar!" Foxcall yowled.
I gazed around and found out that I couldn't find Sunspark anywhere. Or Sparrowstar.
Creekstar and Ashstar started to walk up to me, and I could see that they were trembling.
"Birchfoot, we're sorry, but Sunspark's dead." Creekstar meowed.
"Then what about Sparrowstar?" I asked.
"She must have died when AspenClan scattered, because when your patrol was looking for you, Hawkfire just happened to slide into the shallow water and find Sparrowstar's body. It looked like a cat had sliced open her throat viciously." Ashstar replied.
"I know who murdered this Sparrowstar." Leaf declared. I turned to her. "Really?"
"Yes. Several moons ago, my littermate Tree told me about a brown she-cat with white paws. He said he killed her in the Mudlands, which is what you call the dangerous place." Leaf mewed.
I was outraged. Who dared kill our Clan leader? And now we had no deputy, either.
"Who's the new Clan leader?" I asked.
Fallingleaf led me up to Highledge and replied, "StarClan sent me a vision. I think it was your mother, Doveheart, who came this time. Only this time, she placed an oddly shaped lump of birch bark in front of me and walked away. I examined it closer and found out it was in the shape of a paw. A paw. A birch paw. Birchpaw. Birchfoot.
"Wait, wait, wait. I can't be leader. I haven't even been a deputy yet! Featherbreeze should be leader! She brought back BranchClan and everything!" I argued.
"So have other leaders. But it's the will of StarClan, Birchfoot. You can't argue. Besides, everyone else knows. Now, go out there and appoint a deputy!" Fallingleaf shoved me up to the top of Highledge.
"Let all cats gather here beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" I yowled, like Sparrowstar had done countless times.
Whiskers twitched as cats assembled in my view.
"According to Fallingleaf, StarClan has told her that I would become leader of AspenClan, as you know, and the time has come for me to appoint a deputy!"
I scanned the AspenClan cats below me. The imprisoned warriors would currently do no good as a deputy, and several cats down there had not mentored even one apprentice yet! So I had to choose between Cloudbreeze, Dewfall, Fawnripple, Chortletuft, Foxcall, Thornbush, Ivydawn, or Hawkfire. Hawkfire and Ivydawn were both too young, so that ruled them out. I kept making eliminations and finally, I made my choice.
"Cloudbreeze will be the new deputy of AspenClan!" I yowled.
Though everyone started cheering, I silenced everyone and yowled, "Cloudbreeze has shown great determination and loyalty, helped his Clan through the darkest of times, which is why I know that he will be a excellent deputy, for as long as he is one."
Cloudbreeze dipped his head and I felt a sudden pang of sympathy for the deputy. He had been made a deputy in the darkest times, and his mate wasn't even here to see it happen. I shook off the feeling and asked Creekstar, "Do you think I should travel to the Moonpool?"
Creekstar nodded. "TigerClan knows that BranchClan and GorseClan is ours. It should be safe enough." She meowed, her tail sweeping along the ground.
I stood up and Fallingleaf shoved some traveling herbs over to me. I licked them up, ignoring the taste, and started my journey to the Moonpool.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Wow, nice job!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13:

I padded back into camp, the pain from receiving my nine lives ebbing away. My first had been love, given by my mother, Doveheart. Courage had been given by my father, Tigerwing. Wisdom had been given by Sunspark. Faith had been given by Sparrowstar. Loyalty had been given by a she-cat named Brookcloud. Honesty had been given by a young apprentice named Furpaw, who had been Fallingleaf's apprentice before I was born. Trust had been given by Songwing, my father's mother. Determination was given by Falconeyes's mother, Leaffeather. Lastly, compassion had been given by Falconeyes's feather, Crowcloud. I hadn't been expecting to feel a warm, nurturing feeling at love, but I had still ended up unprepared.

"So, how did it go?" Fallingleaf asked me. I purred and meowed, "It went fine. Just the tiniest bit of pain."
Fallingleaf turned and walked back to her den. I walked up to my kits, mewing, "Are you apprentices?"
"Yes! My mentor is Dewfall. Snowpaw's is Fawnripple, Hawkfire's mentoring Flowerpaw, Firepaw's getting mentored by Ivydawn, Foxpaw's mentor is Ripplestream, and Wolfpaw's being mentored by Wingfeather." Leafpaw replied proudly, puffing out her chest. She was a a lot bigger than from the last time I had seen her, though out of all my kits, Flowerpaw was the smallest but smartest, and Wolfpaw was the biggest.
I felt sorry that I hadn't gotten a chance to see my kits' apprentice ceremonies, though I was proud of them as well.
"Does GorseClan know the truth about you two?" I asked Wolfpaw and Foxpaw.
"Yes. Falconeyes told everyone. Besides, Echosong received a vision. A fox and a wolf, each carrying a paw-shaped lump of birch and a falcon's eye. I feel like an invading rogue." Wolfpaw sighed.
"I know how you feel. But after Chortletuft became my mate, the Clan started to trust me.
"Then you think we should take a mate? We're too young!" Wolfpaw snarled, jumping to his paws.
"No. I mean you should make someone close to the Clan trust you." I replied.
Foxpaw stood up next to her littermate. "I'm sorry, Birchstar, but there are some solutions that work for you, but they don't and won't work for us." She meowed.
"Foxpaw, Wolfpaw, wait..." I trailed off. They were already gone. 

"Birchstar, take Dewfall, Chortletuft, Fawnripple, Honeyflower, Cinderstripe, Sunclaw, Rainstorm, Moonflight, Longbreeze, Silentsong, Lionstrike, Fallenpetal, Starlingfeather, and Rowanflame to MistyClan territory to retrieve the most prisoners you can." Cloudbreeze ordered.
I wasted no time gathering the patrol together. We silently ran through AspenClan territory with the agility and speed of GorseClan warriors. I paused at the tallest cliff of the gorge that MistyClan lived in. Their camp was a large stone gorge with a river full of fish in the middle. I peered over the edge, careful not to fall or slip, which had caused me to lose my right eye at the Mudplace. It was only due to Leaf that I had lived.
I crouched down low like the regular hunting position, except I wasn't catching prey, I was saving warriors.
I curved around the gorge and jumped lightly down, my patrol following me one by one. I traveled over to the pits and saw the enormous boulders covering the entrance. I, Chortletuft, Dewfall, Fawnripple, and Honeyflower rammed into the sides of the boulder and it moved enough for a queen and her litter to get through.
I dropped down into the AspenClan pit and meowed, "Everybody!"
Willowblossom turned and mewed, "Birchfoot!"
"Er, well actually, I'm Birchstar now. Sparrowstar and Sunspark died. Fallingleaf's vision said that I would become the new leader of AspenClan." I corrected.
"Did Silverspark and Sandfeather make it to LionClan?" Havenwhisper asked.
"Yes. They did." I replied quickly. "But we need to get you out of here. I brought a patrol to help sneak out as much prisoners as possible."
Willowblossom carried Tigerkit out by the scruff and Havenwhisper followed with Lionkit. Apparently, Lionkit and Tigerkit understood what we were doing, because they didn't make a sound.

After all the AspenClan prisoners were out, I ordered Dewfall and Fawnripple to take them back the longer, but safer, way back to camp. We succeeded in getting Spiderstrike, Heatherblaze, and Ashbreeze out as well. I had Moonflight and Honeyflower take them back to camp, and we shoved the boulders back into place above the AspenClan, GorseClan, MistyClan, and CliffClan pits, making it look like nothing had disturbed them.
I turned my attention back to the sleeping guard. Earlier, I had managed to slip some poppy seeds into his vole when he had left for a short while.
He started to stir, I panicked and dropped him into the BranchClan pit, realizing that the prisoners were out. I rolled the boulder back into place and I spotted a large patrol coming up the gorge, heading for us.
"Run!" I screeched, breaking into a fast trot, and then a run. I dashed through the thick undergrowth of AspenClan territory and stopped at the camp, panting, trying to catch out breath.

"Berryshadow? Mintyfur? Fernpool? Here?"
"Here!" "Here!" "Here!"
Luckily, no one was missing. I then remembered something.
"Where's Chortletuft?" I yowled.
"Not in the camp." Cloudbreeze mewed quietly.
I whirled around to face the patrol.
"Do you know where she is?" I yowled to the patrol.
"I thought she was running with us." Rainstorm of GorseClan meowed.
I stormed out of camp, ignoring my Clanmates' cries of "Come back!" and "Don't go!"
But I didn't care. I would die to find Chortletuft, even if it took all my nine lives.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14:

The rain lashed at the juniper bush I had taken shelter in. I had checked the pits twice, with no sign of my AspenClan mate. I was now starting to get weaker and thinner from the lack of sleep, food, and water. 
I settled deeper into the collection of fur, feathers, and moss as I drifted into sleep. 

I pounded through the sunny meadow, Chortletuft at my side. I would hunt for both of us before the sun set. 

Wait. 

I looked at Chortletuft and sadly meowed, "This is just a dream, isn't it?"
The mottled she-cat faded away, leaving Doveheart and Tigerwing in her place.
"Birchstar, your Clanmates need you." Tigerwing mewed.
"And I need Chortletuft." I insisted, turning away.
"Your deputy has gone long without his mate, and yet, did that stop him from serving his Clan loyally?"
"He knew where Appleleaf was. That was different." I argued.
"If you insist." Doveheart and Tigerwing sighed. They swirled away and a piece of what looked like Chortletuft's fur floated by. I followed it, never letting it out of my sight. It finally landed in a muddy puddle, which I almost slipped on.
Oh.
That was where Chortletuft was. That was where I hadn't searched in the quarter-moon.
I woke up, and ran instantly. To the Mudplace, where Chortletuft was. 

I carefully slid into the shallow water, sniffing and listening while looking. I heard a tiny groan come from underneath some logs. I peered under and whispered, "Chortletuft?"
"Yes. It's me. Just get me out! I haven't had any food or water in three days. And a log's on top of my leg. So I can't get out." The she-cat meowed.
I dug my claws into the logs, which I recognized as birch trees, and heaved. It took me what seemed like forever to remove all the logs, but I did it. I helped Chortletuft to her paws and asked her on the way back, "What happened?"
"I thought I heard something mewling like it was in trouble, so I decided to check it out. But then a cat pushed me from behind and I fell on the ground, which caused some branches to fall on me." Chortletuft replied. Her left foreleg was all twisted, and the paw was bent at an unusual angle. I needed to support her all the way back to camp, which wasn't that far now that I could see the Ancient Beech. Soon, the camp came into sight. I yowled as loud as I could until I heard and saw cats racing towards us. Hawkfire looked at me and mewed, "You're getting awfully skinny. Are you all right?"
"Yes. Get Chortletuft over to Fallingleaf now, and I'll follow.
"Me and Firepaw will walk with you." Ivydawn meowed. She held a mouse in her jaws, which she made me eat right now. Though I argued, I was actually really hungry. 

"Firepaw! Can you go grab some wet moss and bring it to Birchstar? I think he's going to try and argue right now when he's actually really thirsty." Ivydawn ordered her apprentice.
"I'm not thirsty." I tried to argue, but I was so thirsty that I lapped at the water instead of arguing.
I saw Falconeyes stomping over to me and waved Ivydawn, Honeyflower, and Hawkfire out of my den, and yowled, "Where were you? I thought you were dead!"
"I have nine lives, Falconeyes, I can't die that easily. And I needed to find Chortletuft."
"How about me? Don't you care about me? Why is it always Chortletuft instead of me? Is it because she's an AspenClan cat?" Falconeyes shrieked, standing up at her full height. I stood up and meowed, "You said yourself that we could find happiness in our own Clans. We had the chance to be together, and we didn't take it. We could've met more if you hadn't said that!" I screeched back. Cloudbreeze poked his head inside my den and asked, "Is everything okay?"
"No! Everything is not okay!" Me and Falconeyes yelled at the same time. Cloudbreeze drew back and she yowled, "I hate you! I don't care either that I'm expecting your second litter!" She marched over to the GorseClan cats and sat down.
Expecting my second litter? I was horrified. Maybe we really couldn't be together, then.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 15:

"Foxsong! Wolfcall! Foxsong! Wolfcall!" The cats cheered my GorseClan kits' warrior names as they sat proudly.
Foxsong and Wolfcall padded over to me as I got down from the Highledge and I meowed, "What are you going to do now that you're warriors?"
"Ask Rainstorm to be my mate." Wolfcall blurted. He covered his mouth with his paw and whispered, "Oops."
Foxsong burst out laughing. "Rainstorm? Are you serious?" She said in between laughs.
Wolfcall puffed out his chest and meowed, "She's not that bad. Just because she's good at fighting doesn't mean she's a complete savage!"
Foxsong padded over to Falconeyes, who had moved to the nursery yet again pregnant with my second litter. Appleleaf had also gone to the nursery a moon ago, carrying Cloudbreeze's kits.
In fact, Blazingfire was already starting to share tongues with Snowpaw, who probably would be made a warrior soon, along with her littermates. They had asked to be named Firespirit, Flowersong, Leafheart, and Snowecho already, and I had accepted. 

"Let all cats gather here underneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" I yowled loudly.
Cats assembled under the Highledge as Creekstar and Flamestar joined me on top of the rock.
Ashstar had died a while ago of greencough, but before Stormfern had received nine lives, she had died as well. StarClan quickly sent Sunbreeze a vision, rising flames. Flamerise! So Creekstar and I had appointed Flamerise as leader, and he was now Flamestar. 

"We will finally send battle patrols to fight Cavestar. He may think we are weak, peace-loving cats, but we are LionClan! We will defend the warrior code at the darkest times together. I usually will not say this, but," I paused and continued, "Show no mercy." 

I crept into the gorge in the dead of night. Sandfeather, Spiderstrike, and Silverspark had trained the rest of LionClan on how to fight and hunt in the dark. While we couldn't use sight, we could smell and hear our enemies and prey.
"Distract patrol! That way!" I whispered. The distract patrol would distract as much cats as they could so the first attack patrol would launch an attack on the warriors most loyal to Cavestar while the second attack patrol would attack the rest of the cats.

The distract patrol was proving effective, cause a large amount of cats pounded after the speedy distract patrol.
"Second attack patrol! Now!" I whispered. Many cats leaped into the gorge and started to attack the less loyal TigerClan cats. I shot into the gorge, with the first attack patrol on my tail. I sank my claws into the fur of a dark creamy white tom and as he whirled around, I managed to sink my claws into his eyes and rip downwards. The tom shrieked and a black and white tom slashed angrily at my muzzle. I fell backwards and rolled as the black and white tom slammed his paws down on the spot where I'd just been a moment ago.
"Bonefrost! Be careful!" Yowled the tom whose eyes I'd clawed out.
Bonefrost curled his lip. "Don't worry, Darkdeath. These LionClan cats are so focused on peace that they can't beat us in a battle!"
Suddenly, an angry yowl sounded. A flash of tabby fur dashed past my vision and barreled into Bonefrost.
"Get up!" Chortletuft hissed in my ear. I looked up and saw Chortletuft and Falconeyes looking at me.
"Falconeyes! You're supposed to be back at camp!" I hissed.
"So what? Chortletuft convinced me to come." Falconeyes mewed.
Bonefrost roared as he got up. This alerted a brown tabby tom, a tortoiseshell tom, and a creamy gray tom. They stalked towards us, and I knew we had no chance of winning this fight alone. There were four opponents facing us, each twice our size or bigger, against only three of us.
Bonefrost pounced. I waited for his claws to rip into my chest, but it never came. Instead, Mottlepelt and Slashclaw of GorseClan, Heatherblaze, Ashbreeze, and Emberdusk of MistyClan were standing in front of us, breathing heavily.
"Get up! Quick!" Emberdusk breathed. She dove for the tortoiseshell tom's paws while Ashbreeze attacked his head. Heatherblaze and Chortletuft were fighting the creamy gray tom. Mottlepelt and Slashclaw took on the brown tabby, which left me and Falconeyes with Bonefrost.
I leaped on top of Bonefrost's back and dug my teeth into the back of his neck, making him howl in pain. He tried to shake me off, but I clung onto his scruff. Then he tried to roll me off, but he kept tripping over his enormous paws as he attempted to drop to the ground.
"TigerClan! Retreat!" Cavestar's yowl rang in the gorge, and TigerClan followed Cavestar, running as fast as possible. I led LionClan back up the gorge and as we settled into our nests, one thought entered my mind: We won. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice job! I feel like this story should be more popular.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Yes, I'm a Christian

#RememberDusk

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 16:

"Birchstar! Come quick! Falconeyes has kitted!" Nightleap's voice yowled.
Nightleap was a GorseClan cat who had wished to stay in the nursery to help other queens as well, so she was the one who usually took the place of Kestrelsong and Echosong if neither of them were in camp.
I dashed over to the nursery and entered it. Falconeyes was feeding Cloudkit, a white tom, Lightningkit, a pale golden tabby she-cat, and Stormkit, a silver, white, and black tabby she-cat.
"They're beautiful." I whisper. Then I remember that the kits needed some quiet and I exit. Firespirit dashed over to me instantly. "You won't believe it! Snowecho's already expecting Blazingfire's kits!" He yowled.
"Really?" I asked. Firespirit nodded. I ran over to Snowecho and she confirmed it as well.
I shook my head. "With Dappleheart, Appleleaf, Falconeyes, Nightleap, Feathermist, and Ravenrun in there already, we could move Dappleheart, Nightleap, Feathermist, and Ravenrun to the elders' den. It's pretty big. And I'm sure that the elders won't mind." I meowed.
I suddenly heard the yowl of battle cries getting louder until TigerClan stormed inside our camp. It was an enormous attack force, and they headed for the nursery and elders almost instantly. Fortunately, LionClan was prepared. The defense patrols made a strong, sturdy line while the elders hurried to the nursery.
Then the attack patrols swerved in between the TigerClan cats, so they were now stuck fighting as individuals. I roared and started attacking. 

I watched the last of the TigerClan cats flee. LionClan cheered. We had won yet again. TigerClan's forces were always strong, but they almost never held intelligence. LionClan were masters of the mind and speed. TigerClan were the rulers of strength and pride. Our differences made us different, and that made us unique. Though LionClan and TigerClan were only two, there would always be five.
AspenClan, the stalkers of the forests. GorseClan, the runners of the moors. MistyClan, the swimmers and tunnelers. CliffClan, the nighttime fighters. And BranchClan, the jumpers in the trees. These skills and facts made each Clan unique, which is why changing Clans was normally difficult. If you were born a rogue, you would probably not possess the skills of any Clan, which is why it is normally easy for a rogue to join a Clan. But if you were a GorseClan cat, training to be a CliffClan warrior would be pretty hard. 

I shook the thought out of my head and walked over to Cloudbreeze, who was licking his paws clean at the bottom of the Highledge. "When do you think TigerClan will attack again?" I asked my deputy.
"I don't know. The best we can do to keep careful and prepared is traveling outside of camp in groups of five or more. I already assigned everyone to a group. I put you with Heatherblaze, Silverspark, Rainstep, and Mottlepelt.
I nodded and padded away to lick my paws clean as well. 

"Birchstar! Creekstar! Flamestar! You won't believe it! We found a huge group of cats, and they're willing to help us!" Dewfall meowed.
I looked up, bright-eyed. "Really?"
"I'll come with you along with my group." I say.
"Creekstar and I should come, too." Flamestar insisted.
I agreed and followed Dewfall, Cypressclaw, Ashbreeze, Sandfeather, and Fallenpetal to the group of cats. Hopefully, they would join and agree.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 17:

"Aspen, Gorse, Misty, Cliff, and Branch, this is the AspenClan camp. Underneath that large rock over there, the Highledge, is my den. Don't go poking around in those dens, though! The elders and queens are super grouchy these days. You can sleep anywhere else."
Aspen dipped her head. The leaders of the Wild Ones had names like Aspen, Gorse, Misty, Cliff, and Branch. Interesting...
Gorse stared around. "Really? Forests? When I get to choose camp, I always pick the moorland. Aspen seems satisfied with these kinds of forests. Misty always wants some kind of gorge or swamp with a river. Cliff selects some cliffs. And Branch always makes camp inside old trees."
"What I find interesting is your name. There's actually a Clan named GorseClan. They love the open moors and chase down prey. I think you would like it. Would you like to see it?" I mewed to the small ginger tom.
Gorse lifted his head higher and meowed, "Maybe. I don't like being bossed around by anyone except my mate, who is Aspen."
I didn't hear Gorse's last words, though. As the sun set, I saw a lion and a tiger in the sky. They were fighting. 

When the Darkest Heart makes the Tiger, the Purest Heart shall create the Lion. Then Lion and Tiger, Light and Darkness, shall meet in battle for peace or power. 

The prophecy lingered in my mind. Lion and Tiger. LionClan and TigerClan! The Darkest Heart was definitely Cavestar, but who was the Purest? 

"Birchstar! Birchstar! Birchstar!" Cloudbreeze snapped.
"Huh, what?" I asked. I had been so concentrated on the prophecy that I hadn't noticed that night had fallen.
"You should be in your den by now." Cloudbreeze replied.
"I think I'll visit the Moonpool tonight." I say. Moonlight poured into camp like a full moon, though it was actually a half moon. "And I think the medicine cats should come along with me."
Cloudbreeze tilted his head. "Okay?" He mewed. He walked over to the medicine cats' den and came out with Fallingleaf, Kestrelsong, Echosong, Sunbreeze, and Lightdawn.
"I'm going to the Moonpool, and I think you should come." I meowed to the medicine cats.
"Shouldn't Creekstar and Flamestar know, too?" Echosong meowed.
I nodded. "If you want them to know."
Lightdawn fetched Creekstar and Flamestar and we all licked up traveling herbs, since AspenClan was really far from the Moonpool, and set out on the journey. 

I dipped my nose into the tip of the water, slightly twitching from the coldness of the water. Lightdawn was usually the most quiet of us, but now she was twitching like an expecting queen! Well, she has been very close to Rabbitfern, and she was getting kind of fat. I lost grip of that thought as StarClan's territory slipped into my mind.
I blinked my eyes open in a starry field. The other leaders and the medicine cats were standing on either side of me, Creekstar and Flamestar on my right, and Fallingleaf, Kestrelsong, Echosong, Sunbreeze, and Lightdawn on my right. Echosong suddenly meowed, "There!"
We looked in the direction she was facing, but she pelted towards something so fast that the rest of us were puffing as we caught up to her.
"Echosong—Oh." My voice faded away as I saw the exact same thing I had seen in the sunset sky. 

When the Darkest Heart makes the Tiger, the Purest Heart shall create the Lion. Then Lion and Tiger, Light and Darkness, shall meet in battle for peace or power. 

The prophecy echoed around us, getting quieter every moment.
"Okay, that's it! Just tell us what you mean!" I yowled, unable to contain my anger. Suddenly, the starry field faded away. Instead of waking up next to the Moonpool, we saw something terrifying.

The Lion was in the jaws of the Tiger, who was up to his shoulders in mud. They were sinking deeper each moment.
Cavestar. And whoever the Purest is, they're about to die!
I yelped in alarm and suddenly, the Lion flipped up, flinging the Tiger onto the solid land. It snapped the Tiger's neck and roared in triumph.
Was that how Cavestar would be defeated? In sinking mud? However this battle was going to end, it wasn't going to be peaceful. LionClan needed to bring out its inner fighter. The fighter that a queen would use to protect her kits. The fighter that fought long ago for food and shelter, before the Clans.
However it was, I knew that I was the Thunder. The Thunder of AspenClan.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

I strongly advise getting a box of tissues first if you are prone to crying easily from traumatic deaths. 

Book Two: Wind

Chapter 1:

"Cloudkit! Come back here at once!" I yowled. Falconeyes had made me, Quickclaw, get Cloudkit again. The cheeky little tom loved to run off and scare everyone. But once, he had almost been eaten by an osprey, who turned out to be good food for the Clan. I spotted Cloudkit trying to hide behind a birch tree and lowered myself to the ground, using the perfect stalking skills that AspenClan had taught us to sneak up on Cloudkit. He wasn't getting away this time!
Unfortunately, I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice a twig in front of me until I stepped on it. Mouse dung!
Cloudkit dashed away and I began to rely on my GorseClan skills. I ran after Cloudkit, my paws barely touching the ground. Cloudkit suddenly swerved to the more forested parts and I jumped into the trees, navigating them with ease. I followed Cloudkit and pounced on his tail. He squeaked with surprise and I picked him up by the scruff, growling as I made my way back to camp. Cloudkit's ears drooped in unhappiness as Falconeyes picked him up from me and handed him to his father, Birchstar.
"Thank you, Quickclaw." Birchstar meowed. He set the white tom in the nursery and coughed, each one shaking his body more than the last.
I was stabbed with a little bit of sadness for my former crush. But all my feelings for him were gone. Cloud now had them, and now he no longer charmed me. When Birchstar had brought Leaf back to camp, I hoped that no one would tell anyone about my kits.
I was violently shaken out of my memory when Cinderstripe shook me. "Can you please hurry and get some sticks? Rainstorm needs it badly." She anxiously mewed.
I nodded and pelted out of camp, seeing as there were no sticks in camp. I picked up some sturdy sticks and ran back into camp. I gave them to Cinderstripe, who passed them over to Fallingleaf inside the nursery. The whole of LionClan was distracted by Rainstorm's kitting. Suddenly, the white tabby shrieked. I jumped. My kitting had been much quieter than this. It sounded as if Rainstorm was in pain. To prove it, Snowecho, Dappleheart, Appleleaf, Falconeyes, Nightleap, Feathermist, Ravenrun and their kits had been kicked out temporarily. I walked over to Nightleap and meowed, "Did you see Rainstorm's condition?"
"Rainstorm was coughing a lot today. And she was skinnier than usual. Before the medicine cats kicked us out, I saw running blood and her nest was stained red. Really red. Seriously red." Nightleap meowed worriedly.
"Cloudkit, come back here—No wait, Lightningkit! Stormkit, you are in big trouble!" Falconeyes was trying to keep her kits from running back to the nursery, but when she turned her attention to another kit, one was bound to run away.
"Cloudkit, Stormkit, Lightningkit! Do you want to play with my tail?" Featherbreeze called. The three kits all tried to catch her tail, one kit distracting Featherbreeze and the others stalking up behind. I purred lovingly.
I then heard the nursery entrance rustle and Fallingleaf, Lightdawn, and Echosong padded out, their whiskers and ears drooping. "The kits are fine, but Rainstorm..." Fallingleaf shook her head. "Wolfcall, you might want to let Cinderstripe lick the kits while you see."
Wolfcall slipped into the nursery and a moment later, I heard him wail. "No! Rainstorm! Don't leave me!" 

Rainstorm was dead? 

Mottlepelt, Rainstorm and Cinderstripe's mother, buried her face into Slashclaw's shoulder, crying.
Wolfcall emerged from the nursery, the scent of death thick on his pelt.
Cinderstripe seemed at a loss for words. Rainstorm's death had seemingly paralyzed LionClan. This was the first cat we'd lost, and it wasn't even in the heat of battle. It wasn't even Cavestar's fault. 

I settled into my nest. I had sat vigil for Rainstorm all last night, so I deserved some sleep, Creekstar had said. I was still a little uneasy. I had smelled something strange in Rainstorm's milk-scent. It wasn't anything cats normally ate, so I had no clue what it was. Perhaps StarClan would share the answer with me.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

1 ,