Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Nice job! I love dramatic deaths. (If you make me cry about the story, that's a compliment.)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Topaz

Warrior cat video of the week: Mirror

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

Samb b-day: Dec 16, 2016 

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

"Silverkit! Whitekit! Come here right now, this instant!" Nightleap yowled. Wolfcall was now traumatized from the sudden death of his mate during her kitting, and refused to talk to anyone. He refused to even talk to his own parents, now. Mottlepelt and Slashclaw even tried talking to him, but he just sank deeper into his nest and ignored them. I felt sorry for Wolfcall, Cinderstripe, and Silverkit and Whitekit. Silverkit and Whitekit now believed that Nightleap was their mother. It had been different for me and my kits. Tree and Leaf had known I was their mother, and I knew that they would never accept me as their mother again. When Leaf had announced Sparrowstar's murder, my heart had skipped a beat. I knew that Tree would no longer accept me, and neither would I. 

I opened my eyes in the starriest moorland ever. Rainstorm's spirit appeared in front of me and I meowed, "Why are you here?"
"To give you the clearest answer StarClan has ever given!" Rainstorm hissed.
"What?"
"A TigerClan cat poisoned me."
"WHAT?!" I yowled.
"Never mind. If you didn't understand that, tell the leaders. And your son has allied himself with TigerClan. Goodbye." Rainstorm snarled.
I woke up, sweating. I nudged, okay, kicked, Cinderstripe awake and she grumbled, "What is it, Quickclaw?"
"TigerClan was responsible for Rainstorm's death."
"What?" Mottlepelt woke up as soon as I said that and kicked Slashclaw awake.
"Rainstorm was poisoned." I said briefly.
Slashclaw flexed his claws against the ground. "TigerClan will pay for killing my daughter!" He growled angrily, waking the rest of the warriors. Mottlepelt relayed the news and Cinderstripe marched out the den and told the leaders, who I heard yowl in anger.
Birchstar and Flamestar stormed into the warriors' den and Birchstar meowed, "My group, come with me. We'll try to deal with TigerClan about this."
Flamestar asked, "Where's Wolfcall? He should come, too. And Slashclaw and Cinderstripe should come, too. They were Rainstorm's closest kin along with Mottlepelt.
I watched the last of the patrol out of camp and sat back down in my nest, hoping to get some more sleep, but the sunrise interrupted that. I caught a flicker of starry light and Rainstorm's figure appeared, pointing at Silverkit and Whitekit and mewed, "Tell them. Tell them I'm their mother." Then the sunlight shone brighter and she faded away.
I turned to Whitekit and Silverkit and meowed, "Silverkit, Whitekit, come here."
The two kits bounded towards me and I mewed, "Wait here."
I got Nightleap and I walked back to Silverkit and Whitekit and meowed, "I'm going to tell you about your mother."
"But we already know about Nightleap." Whitekit said, frowning.
"Actually, your mother was Rainstorm." I mew, shaking my head.
"Who's Rainstorm? Where is she?" Silverkit asks excitedly.
"She's dead." I mew, hoping I didn't sound too emotionless.
Whitekit's whiskers drooped.
"Okay. But how did she die?"
"TigerClan somehow poisoned her." I meow, feeling bad for the kits.
"When I'm a warrior, TigerClan will pay!" Silverkit squeaked, flexing her claws.
Before I could reply, Birchstar's patrol came thundering back into camp.
"It's a huge group of rogues. Coming to attack us." Birchstar breathed, a cough escaping his throat.
I bristled. I would fight as fiercely as possible to defend LionClan and the cats I loved.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Galatea Suihane (Shapeshifter)

Silvenia the Air Dragon (Mate with Blaze)

Blaze the Fire Dragon (Mate with Silvenia)

Iris the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Rainbow the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

Silverkit and Whitekit showed no change in behavior after I told them the truth about Rainstorm. Wolfcall had grudgingly agreed to resume his warrior duties and to help LionClan win the violent war. And it was me, Hawkfire, Slashclaw, Butterfly, and Splash, who were chosen to check out the badger scents for after the battle. I had suggested checking out the Ancient Beech. It had been a former badger den for a badger and her cubs. The next badger that had lived there had died mysteriously. Then all the badgers stopped going there instantly. Why this had happened, the Clans had no idea. 

I raked the ears of a white tabby she-cat and she screeched for Tigershadow, who yelped, "I'm coming, Swanwing!" He kicked aside Creekstar and Runningfoot and lunged at me.
"You can't win this battle!" Tigershadow and Swanwing yowled.
"Oh, really? You may have strength, but I have five times your speed!" I taunt, darting in and out between attacks.
"No! You really can't!" Tigershadow's eyes were panicked. "Or else Cavestar will kill the youngest warriors in this battle!"
I stopped. I pulled Tigershadow and Swanwing aside from the battle, underneath the bramble walls of the AspenClan camp.
"Cavestar's crazy! He made my kit Beechkit fight Rageclaw because he shared food with some prisoners! Of course he died! Beechkit never even had the chance to become an apprentice. Only Larkpaw, Lakepaw, and Streakpaw survived to apprenticeship." Swanwing meowed sadly.
"Cavestar is an idiot." I declared.
"I couldn't believe it when Cavestar put Ashbreeze and Heatherblaze in the pits. I secretly wanted to get them out, but I couldn't move that huge boulder alone without disturbing the whole camp." Tigershadow added.
Then, I heard Flamestar yowl, "LionClan, retreat!" And I burst out of the brambles, thorns digging into my pelt. Tigershadow and Swanwing gave me an apologetic look and dashed after their Clanmates.
Cloud and Fern walked over to me and started digging thorns out of my pelt. I still couldn't get rid of the jealousy at felt at Fern. 

"Quickclaw! Watch out!" Hawkfire screeched, slashing at the huge black and white striped badger looming above me. I rolled out of the way quickly and leaped to my feet, yowling and hissing. I angrily smashed my front paws into its muzzle and felt a fresh jab of pain as it raked off my right ear. I yowled in pain and bit into its back, not letting go.
The badger flung me into a tree and Splash's voice grew hazy as I fell unconscious. 

"Quickclaw! Quickclaw!" My mentor Sleekfur's voice sounded in my left ear. My right ear had been torn off in the fight and I didn't actually mind, though Echosong was trying to apply some herbs onto it while I was moving around.
"Can you please stay still?" Echosong asked, frustrated.
I sat as still as a rock as Echosong finished the poultice. She told me I could leave and I walked over to the warriors' den, where Cloud was sharing tongues with his new mate, Fern, a light brown she-cat. I felt bitter and happy at the same time. Bitter at Fern, and happy for Cloud. But I felt exhausted, too. So I padded over to my nest and tried to sleep, but I couldn't.
I twisted and turned, but I wouldn't go to sleep.
Oh, StarClan, are you trying to tell me something? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 4:

"Stop!" Creekstar's yowl rose above the tangle of battling cats. I stopped and snarled at Longbreeze and Aldertail.
"Remember that this is just a practice! So sheathed claws!"
Aldertail shook out his pelt and stood in a defensive position, growling. I had to resist the urge to leap at him, roaring, claws outstretched.
I quickly sprang at Aldertail, aiming a hard blow to his head and springing away before he could retaliate. Cloud had often pretended to name me Quickspring when we were meeting for the first time.
A hard whack on my flank snapped by attention to Longbreeze. She had Aldertail, herself, Cinderstripe, and Primrosepaw surround me. I darted underneath Cinderstripe and thumped my spine against her chest, temporarily winding her. As she puffed for air, I ran in between her and Primrosepaw, breaking the formation as Flamestar yowled, "Stop!"
I glared at him. What were we stopping for this time?
"Quickclaw! Can you please repeat what you just did?" Birchstar jumped down.
I repeated the chest-bump move on Birchstar and explained, "It's a good way for a smaller cat to distract a larger opponent."
Birchstar nodded, taking in all the information I said.
"Where did you learn this?" Birchstar meowed, a gleam of curiosity in his eyes.
"I taught myself using special tactics I observed during battle. Larger cats will most likely try to jump and pounce on you, using their weight to pin you down. But if you can wind them first, they'll be slower trying to catch their breath. Another good move I figured out was to strike the shoulders." I meow.
"What do you mean by striking the shoulders?" Flamestar asked, curious as well.
"You can slam one of your paws down on a shoulder, and use the other paw to knock their leg out from under them. It's best used in a group of four, where one cat can disable one leg." I explain.
"Okay, Quickclaw. Any other moves?" Creekstar asked me, getting that same curious gleam in her eyes.
"Well, er, there is one more. It's better with stronger and bigger cats, but it's a clever way to escape if you're pinned. You can fold up your legs so the bottom is showing at the opponent, then dig them under the chest and belly so you can flip over, pinning down the opponent, freeing you."
I demonstrated the shoulder strike and the pin flip-over on Flamestar and Creekstar respectively, with all the other cats watching in amazement.
"That'll be enough training for today." Creekstar replied, suddenly interrupted by a hoarse bout of coughing, which sent every cat into shock.
We stiffly walked over to the fresh-kill pile, where I snagged a plump rabbit to give to Cloud and Fern, and a lapwing for myself. I bounded over to them and offered them the rabbit, which they ate gratefully. Just as I finished up my lapwing, Ivyfeather, the deputy of GorseClan, ran over to me and meowed, "Do you know where Creekstar is? I can't find her anywhere."
I paused. I steadily looked up. "I thought she was with the medicine cats. She was coughing after training ended." I reply, a bit haunted by Ivyfeather's question.
Ivyfeather froze and asked Flamestar and Birchstar the same question she had asked me. They shook their heads no and Ivyfeather yowled for Foxcall, Cinderstripe, Shadecloud, Spikenose, and Rabbitfern and pounded out of camp. They came back a short while later dragging the corpse of Creekstar. The GorseClan cats stared in shock at this. I stomped up to Ivyfeather and demanded an explanation.
"We don't know what happened, we just found her like this."
"Well, then why isn't she waking up?" I questioned, raising my tail.
"Because you interrupted so suddenly, I obviously didn't have time to tell you that it was her last life." Kestrelsong meowed, a look of exasperation on her face.
"Oh." I backed off as Ivyfeather beckoned me to follow.
"Quickclaw, I don't think I can become leader. I never actually wanted to be made deputy, it came so suddenly. I want you to be the next leader." Ivyfeather spoke, each word quieter than the last.
Before I could reply, Ivyfeather shrieked, "Badger!"

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Nice. I like cliff hangers.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5:

I jumped onto the badger's back just as it slammed its paws into the earth where Ivyfeather had been standing a moment before.
The GorseClan deputy streaked across the grass and ran into the badger's chest, which grabbed her and snapped her spine. It threw her into the tall grass and came for me.
A flash of light brown fur tackled the badger. Fern! Cloud's pelt of gray and white ripped a huge chunk of badger skin from its chest, exposing its bones, and also killing it instantly.
"Thank you." I gasp, inhaling huge breaths of air at the sudden death of the GorseClan deputy. I dragged out Ivyfeather's body and nearly vomited at the stench of death that had already infected her body. Sighing, I gripped her scruff and started to drag her back to camp. 

"Quickclaw!" Cloudbreeze meowed, in shock of the sight of Ivyfeather's bloodied body.
"Badger attacked. I would've died, too, if it weren't for Cloud and Fern. They arrived just in time."
Birchstar crouched down and leaped onto the Highledge, calling LionClan together.
"Ivyfeather is dead. Is there any GorseClan cats that would like to volunteer to be leader?" Flamestar meowed.
I stepped up, knowing Ivyfeather's last words to me. I saw Swiftbolt step up, too, but no other cat did.
Birchstar and Flamestar exchanged words amongst themselves.
"Wait just one moment." I say.
"Ivyfeather herself told me that she wanted me to be leader at her death." I hiss, facing Swiftbolt's icy glare.
"How do we know that? For all we know, you could've lied for you to become leader." Swiftbolt snarled, lowering himself to the ground and circling me.
Then he attacked.
I was careful not to unsheathe my claws at first, but then I felt some fur ripping away from my shoulder and saw a flash of claws gleaming in the sunlight.
Wait. Swiftbolt always relied on brute strength in battle. I could use trickery to trick Swiftbolt into losing.
I crouched down and Swiftbolt pounced. However, I darted out of the way at the last moment. Swiftbolt crashed into the ground and I gripped his scruff tightly, shaking him until he was too rattled up to fight.
Birchstar finally jumped down and declared, "Quickclaw is officially the new leader of GorseClan!"

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6:

I wanted to sleep normally. Like the times without scary and annoying omens. The times where I sunned myself on flat rocks in the GorseClan camp had been the best. I longed for the war to be over soon. A day where I could sun myself on warm rocks until patrol. The feeling of merciful battle. Battle for territory, or revenge, that never involved killing, and if there was death, it was always an accident. Not fighting for survival or for death purposely. I missed those days a lot.
Turning to Birchstar, I meowed, "I'm going to visit GorseClan territory for a while with Cloud and Fern."
Birchstar nodded and replied, "Take care."
Cloud and Fern padded up to me as I started to trot, and then break into a full run, the forest floor blurring away under my paws. It was like I was flying. I stopped for Cloud and Fern to catch up, then walked at a normal pace. Cloud meowed, "Want to see who can be the first to get to the GorseClan camp?"
I grinned as Fern nodded. I steadied myself, and when Cloud yowled the signal, I flew ahead, my paws barely touching the ground. Cloud and Fern became light brown and gray and white blurs in the distance as I gained speed. I slowed down slightly as I ran up the side of a hill, stretching my forepaws and curving my spine to get more distance in my strides. My muscles pumped beneath my pelt as I streaked downwards. I finally arrived at the GorseClan camp without a single bead of sweat have dropped from my fur. Cloud and Fern came soon later.
Cloud laughed and mewed, "Okay. I admit it. You're faster than us on the moors."
He snuck a mischievous look at the smooth rocky terrain of BranchClan. "But how about on stone?"
"I don't know, Cloud. I told Birchstar we would only be going to GorseClan. And I really don't feel like running back to AspenClan just to say, 'Oh, hey, Birchstar. I'm also going to visit BranchClan for a little bit.'"
Fern laughed at my funny thought. "No wonder Cloud liked you. With that sense of strategy and speed, you could be unbeatable if it's used right."
"But then, we crossed BranchClan trying to get here. I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay for a little while." I mew.
Cloud grins and took off, me and Fern tailing him. I easily caught up and passed him as the grassy moorland turned into smooth stone. I screeched to a stop as a familiar tang reached my nose. I followed it as it got stronger, and I finally reached an eerie-looking plant.
Cloud had told me about this plant. It grew in stony areas where it could grow alone. What did he say it did again?
Then I remembered. There were probably whole clumps of this plant in CliffClan, and TigerClan could have easily gotten to it.
But then I realized what the effects of eating this or its juice must've been. 

It weakened the cat horribly. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

The arrival of the next chapter will be delayed. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7:

I grabbed the plant's stem and yanked it up by the roots. I set it down and made sure there were no traces of it in the hole. I took it to a foul-smelling cavern and crushed the plant by throwing a rock on top of it. I exited and spotted Cloud and Fern pacing around.
"Quickstar! There you are!" Fern exclaimed, racing towards me.
"We better get going. Snowecho's kits' apprentice ceremony is today!" Cloud meowed. He started running back to AspenClan, and I quickly overtook him, joy of running free and wild collapsing over my fears. 

"Darkkit! Echokit! Falconkit! Featherkit! Come forward!" Birchstar yowled. Snowecho and Blazingfire had named their kits after the Four that brought BranchClan back. I knew that Featherbreeze and Falconeyes felt honored, but I seriously doubted that the choice of naming your kits after the Four was a good idea.
"Darkpaw, your mentor shall be Tigerleap. I hope Tigerleap will share his confidence and bravery with you."
"Echopaw, your mentor shall be Leafheart. I hope Leafheart will share her swiftness and courage with you."
"Falconpaw, your mentor shall be Honeyflower. I hope she will share her fairness and wit with you."
"Featherpaw, your mentor shall be Liontail. I hope that he will share his skill and strength with you."
I didn't really feel like chanting their names, but I did so anyway.
"Quickstar? Is everything okay?" Kestrelsong mewed.
"Yes." I lied, feeling bad about lying to one of the cats I needed to trust most in a Clan. 

But deep inside, something told me that the plant was a secret that should stay a secret a little while longer. 

I was hot on the rabbit's tail. I chased it into BranchClan, and as we approached the border to GorseClan, I screeched to a halt.
Instead of GorseClan, there was a huge group of disgusting-smelling cats. I realized with a jolt of surprise and terror that as some of the cats moved, I could see right through them.
I shivered with fright as one of the cats, a gray tom, stared straight at me. His mouth opened to alert the other cats, but then I woke up. 

Fox dung! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I twitched more than ever. The see-through cats, no GorseClan, Rainstorm's death, the dream and the nightmare. They somehow had to be connected.
StarClan had explained to me in a dream a moon ago that the Purest was always Five. Thunder, Wind, River, Shadow, and Sky. But unfortunately, only one prophecy cat had been recognized: Birchstar.
After the dream, I had been unable to sleep, so I had tried to make sense of the mysterious words. I had concluded the meaning of Thunder, Wind, River, Shadow, and Sky, but nothing else.
Thunder, for the fact that AspenClan attacked full-on. Wind because GorseClan was as fast as wind. River because MistyClan was the rulers of the water. Shadow, because CliffClan's ambushing nighttime strength. Sky because BranchClan's jumping power seemed endless. As endless as the sky.
If the Purest was Five, then was the Darkest five cats as well? 

I heard an angry screech in the middle of the night. I was near the lake. There was obviously no one else coming to check the source of the sound, so I dashed over to the lakeside, only to find a writhing Flowersong pinned down by a furious Reedtail. The GorseClan tom had his claws embedded deep into Flowersong's neck, and they were tearing away her skin and fur. I hid under a bramble bush, and I could hear every last one of Reedtail's treacherous words.
"You refused me. I asked you, even begged you, countless times! But when you chose Liontail over me, you tore my heart in half."
I didn't hear anymore because I had shot off to find Liontail. 

"Liontail! Liontail! Wake up!" I snapped.
The tom blinked open his eyes. "What's going on?"
"No time to explain, I'll talk on the way to the lake."
"Reedtail wants revenge on you and Flowersong. I think he was in love with Flowersong. He's got her pinned down at the lake. But if I know Flowersong, she can talk long enough until help arrives." I meow, gaining speed.
Liontail shot past me, though. I took the lead again and skidded to a stop as Reedtail had Flowersong cornered on a tiny patch of grass that was half-submerged in water. He kept steering her into the deeper water, and now Flowersong was up to her shoulders in water. If Liontail could just cut between Flowersong and Reedtail with a sudden surprise, I could pounce on the traitorous GorseClan tom before he could retaliate.
I locked eyes with Liontail, and it was like he understood. I silently walked across the muddy grass, using my tail to wipe away my pawprints as Liontail suddenly leaped in between Flowersong and Reedtail, as I jumped on the GorseClan tom.
Reedtail staggered and collapsed as I gave him the burden of supporting my weight as well.
"Quickstar! He growled and his claws flew to my muzzle. I blocked it and he grabbed me by the back of my neck. And before I knew it, everything around me was fading away.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

Has he received his nine lives yet?

• Posted at:

Luana/Ravenclaw

Christian

SAMBer since 2016 

Proud creator of Haven for the Elements! It's on it's 22nd page.

'Cause this whole thing's really just a shot in the dark." - Old Dominion

dinosaurjade212

@Accailia T: If you mean Quickstar, then yes, and Quickstar is a she-cat. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9:

"Quickstar! Please get up!" Liontail's anxious mew rose above the whispers of concern. I opened my eyes and meowed, "How long was I dead?"
"Only the amount of time it takes to drag your body back to camp with one cat. In other words, a very short amount of time." Flowersong meowed. She pawed her belly, which I recognized the signs of pregnancy on. But I shuddered from the thought of the possibility of them being Reedtail's kits.
Then I remembered Songthrush was expecting Reedtail's kits. I padded over to my den underneath the Highledge with Birchstar and Flamestar. Birchstar burst out instantly and meowed, "Quickstar! I want to talk to you!"
I padded up on the Highledge and Birchstar mewed, "You saved my daughter. I could never be more grateful. AspenClan and I will always be in your debt."
I bowed my head and asked, "What happened to Reedtail?"
"I sent him to the Place of No Stars. He should be satisfied there. Echosong even managed to dream into the Dark Forest and spotted Reedtail. She also saw Snakestar, Shadowrunner, and even two cats named Dark Wing and Flight Shadow.
I shivered at the words about Snakestar. The evil tom had once been an AspenClan cat, half MistyClan. He had always been refused by his Clan, and his littermate had been taken to be raised in MistyClan. He had managed to rise to the spot of deputy and killed his Clan leader in front of the whole Clan, gouging wounds so bad that Mothstar had lost all her nine lives at once. He had been killed by his own littermate, who was now honored in all the Clans by the name of Dawnstar.
I padded over to the warriors' den and settled down in my nest as Silverkit and Whitekit pulled my whiskers.
"Can you tell us about Snakestar? We heard you talking about him with Birchstar."
"Are you sure you kits are ready for that story? It's really scary." I teased.
Silverkit and Whitekit nodded their heads and I began. 

"A MistyClan she-cat by the name of Silversky fell in love with an AspenClan cat named Sunstep. They had two kits: Snakekit, because a snake had killed his mother's mother. And Dawnkit, because she had a pelt the color of a sunrise. Snakekit was taken to AspenClan, while Dawnkit was raised in MistyClan. Silversky and Sunstep died in a border skirmish soon after Snaketail and Dawnsky became warriors. It wasn't long before Snaketail was appointed deputy. He killed the Clan leader, Mothstar, in front of the whole Clan. It terrified AspenClan so much that they obeyed him, no matter how evil the acts were. Snakestar finally angered the other Clans by joining with many rogues to match their numbers. He seemed unstoppable, when Dawnsky finally was appointed deputy. Snakestar killed the MistyClan leader, Breezestar, which he soon learned was a mistake. Dawnstar became leader and she and Snakestar met in battle. She reduced Snakestar down to his last life and drowned him in the lake. Some mouse-brains say that Snakestar actually drowned himself because he knew that he was no match for his littermate. But the truth was that Dawnstar was a brave cat. When she died, Graystar took her place. MistyClan grieved her death, and AspenClan did as well. It may have seemed surprising back then, but Dawnstar had freed them of an evil cat's power." 

I finished the story and Silverkit and Whitekit bounded off to play with Featherbreeze's tail while I watched LionClan do their things in camp. Most of the mates were playing and I thought, Me and Cloud could've been like that. 

But that opportunity was gone now.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10:

Come on, you dumb rabbit.

I slammed my paws down onto the spine of a huge, fat rabbit. It squeaked with surprise as I killed it instantly.
"Nice catch, Quickstar!" I heard Falconpaw yowl. I knew it was her assessment today, so I had taken her over to GorseClan with Silverspark and Lake. She had passed successfully, which had been a relief. The she-cat was the swiftest of her siblings, and also the smartest. Darkpaw was the strongest and the fighter, Echopaw being the most attentive to what was around her, and Featherpaw being the most silent. She had scared me once by suddenly jumping out from behind a tree stump.

I smelled something odd close to us. I turned around and saw a tiny dot on the border, slowly getting bigger until I could make out who it was: A she-cat, with kits, running towards us.
"Silverspark! Do you think we should approach the she-cat?"
Silverspark nodded and pelted down the slope, me and Falconpaw on her tail.
As we got closer, I could smell MistyClan on the she-cat's pelt. I saw two familiar cats behind her: Swanwing and Tigershadow.
I quickened my pace and now I could clearly see that each of the MistyClan cats were carrying a kit in their mouths.
"Quickstar!" Tigershadow's muffled voice came from behind the kit's scruff.
I went full-pelt and stopped, digging my claws into the ground as Tigershadow, Swanwing, and the she-cat approached.
"Why are you here?" I asked.
"Cavestar was crazy before, and now he's gone completely insane! He makes Moonheart and Skyfeather treat to our 'so-called new Clanmates' first instead of the more horribly hurt cats! Rosethorn and Smokewisp almost died because of that! And the more crazy part is that most of the TigerClan cats approve of this!" Tigershadow growled.
"They're Doepetal, Mistbreeze, Meadowfur, Mallowface, Leafstorm, Duskfox, Dawnstream, Amberdawn, Whitepelt, Strikeclaw, Streakfur, Hollowbranch, Jaggedstar, Flamingstride, Ashear, Blacktail, Fadedstorm, Fernjumper, Flashpelt, Flightwing, Flyfoot, Mountainsplash, Lionfrost, Parsleytooth, Shadowfang, Stormrunner, Tinypelt, Wrenfang, Badgerstep, Cherrysplash, Graytooth, Larchfur, Littlefoot, Ottercreek, Pebblestep, Snakefang, Streamleaf, Tallstep, Brokenwing, Leopardclaw, Palefleck, Sunstream, Bumble, Thorn, Nettle, Sky, Streak, Yarrow, Nettle, Amber, Bear, Drizzle, Ember, Feather, Mouse, Smoke, Rain, Fuzz, and Patch. And of course, there's the rogue MistyClan warriors." Swanwing crossly mewed.

What is with TigerClan cats' detailed memories? 

"That's roughly over sixty cats!" Falconpaw exclaimed.
"We know, but it's still less than the amount of LionClan cats we have." I respond quickly.
"We want to join LionClan." The she-cat gasped, intaking huge breaths.
"And Cavestar's also organized TigerClan into these 'ranks.' Rank one cats are Cavestar's most trusted warriors. Rank ten cats are the least important, according to Cavestar. I was a rank five cat, Tigershadow was a rank three cat, and Lakeheart here was a rank eight cat. Rank ones get to eat, get their injuries looked at, and get the most trust first. Rank ten cats eat last, get their wounds tended to last, no matter how bad they are, and get the least trust." Swanwing mewed.
"Well, you can join LionClan. We'll help and take in anyone who wants to join against Cavestar." I mew.

LionClan is growing bigger by the moon. How will we ever take care of everyone? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

I raced past Flamestar with a satisfying purr. The BranchClan tom caught up with me as I halted at the GorseClan-BranchClan border.
"I don't see any trouble." Flamestar reported, scanning the moors and the stone.
"Me neither—Wait! What's over there?" I meowed, seeing a large moving clump of cats. I saw black fur at the start of the patrol, and I caught a glimpse of blue eyes. 

Cavestar. 

"We need to warn the rest of LionClan immediately!" Flamestar yowled, pushing ahead of me as we ran back to AspenClan.
"Already ahead of you!" I screech as I flew past him. 

I growled as Cavestar and his cats poured into the camp. They didn't seem very battle-hungry. Instead, they seemed peaceful, almost.
"Cavestar, why are you here? It is clear that we outmatch and outnumber you. Even you should know that."
"Oh, really? Then would I be willing to to... This?" The leader launched himself onto Flamestar, who staggered from the sudden weight.
"Let him go!" I screech, digging my teeth into Cavestar's scruff. I pulled him backwards and threw him to the ground.
Cavestar let out a strangled, "ATTACK!" 

And the LionClan camp burst into chaos. 

Cavestar swiped furiously at my muzzle, driving me backwards. I landed next to Echolight, who stepped back, giving me space to knock her legs out from under her.
"No! You don't understand! Cavestar's a mouse-brain! I want to join LionClan!" Echolight desperately yowled.
I paused. I clearly saw the spark of fear in her eyes—the fear of Cavestar.
"Okay. You can attack any TigerClan cat. If you're not sure if a cat is TigerClan or LionClan, don't attack them." I ordered. Then Echolight plunged into the swarm of fighting cats as smoothly as if it were a river.
Suddenly, claws gripped my flanks. I twisted around and bit into the left forepaw of Brokenwing as she reared back and dashed out of camp.
"LionClan! Retreat!" Birchstar's yowl sounded above the mass of writhing cats, and LionClan broke free and took chase after Birchstar and Flamestar as Cavestar yowled in triumph. 

You may have won this battle, but the war is far from over, Cavestar. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12:

Again. Driven out again. Stuck in stone territory. Again. Would this end or not? I knew that the full-on war was far from over, though Cavestar acted like every victory was the beginning of his rule.
"That mouse-brain Cavestar's stronger than we thought! And—What is she doing here?" Foxcall angrily yowled.
She was staring straight at Echolight.
"She wants to join LionClan!" I yowl back.
"Echolight can be trusted, and some BranchClan cats should be grateful to her. If she hadn't come, then where would those cats be?" Falconeyes retorted.
"And Echolight received the second dream that neither of us got. That directed us in the right direction to BranchClan." Featherbreeze pointed out.
"And she kept us together, too." A voice sounded from the camp entrance. I turned and saw Darkshadow pad in.
"Darkshadow!" Featherbreeze exclaimed.
"I decided to come back. I stood for what was right once, and I'm ready to do it again." Darkshadow replied.
"Thank you, Darkshadow. Has that mouse-brain Cavestar trained everyone to go for a killing bite now?" I asked.
"Yes. Now he just taught everyone how to kill a cat with claws. But you can predict when it's coming because the claws will be unsheathed to the full length, and it'll be lunging at your neck." Echolight mewed. 

I turned and saw Birchstar muttering and licking his paw pads.
"Why are you licking your paw pads when I, Spiderstrike, Crowpath, and Echolight have barely paused at all?" I ask, stopping to let the AspenClan leader catch up.
That's because your paw pads are tougher. MistyClan, CliffClan, and BranchClan are more adapted for stone. GorseClan cats run almost constantly, making them have tougher pads that don't wear out that easily. AspenClan, however, live in soft undergrowth, with barely any stone." Birchstar murmured, gesturing for all of us to show a forepaw.
Birchstar had soft black pads, while mine were very dark gray and hard. Spiderstrike, Crowpath, and Echolight had the hard gray pads that barely rubbed off.
"Wait here." Crowpath ran off, then came back with wide, broad leaves. "Rub your pads against these." He said. "Lightdawn and Sunbreeze told me they help when your paw pads ache. It's called dock."
"Thanks." Birchstar meowed as he rubbed his paws against the dock. Then he stood up. Then he froze.
I could understand why Birchstar froze, because there was TigerClan scent on the breeze.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13:

Tonight, there was a vigil for those who had fallen in the battle that had taken place a short while ago. Jaggedstar had ambushed us with CliffClan and had killed over ten warriors, one apprentice, and an elder. 

"Rosefeather, Songpaw, Sandfeather, Tigershadow, Fallenpetal, Freezingstream, Blossomdawn, Aldertail, Longbreeze, Sagedapple, Icyface, Emberdusk, Ashbreeze, and Rabbitfern all gave their lives fighting in today's battle. Rosefeather should have never been forced to give her life in the heat of battle. She should've died a peaceful death, having served her Clan for a very long time. Songpaw was far too young to die. Only just made an apprentice, she should've survived until she retired and became an elder. And though most of us barely knew Sandfeather, Emberdusk, Ashbreeze, and Tigershadow, we should all honor their memories until we fade from existence as well. Fallenpetal, Freezingstream, Blossomdawn, Aldertail, Longbreeze, Sagedapple, Icyface, and Rabbitfern had been a member of LionClan for a long while. They were a great part of LionClan, and we shall never forget them." Flamestar meowed.

I blinked back tears. I had known Rosefeather for a long time, and I had thought she would die peacefully.
Instead, you let Bonefrost kill her. You were being selfish. Thinking about yourself instead of Rosefeather. You could've saved her.
Sandfeather, Tigershadow, Emberdusk, and Ashbreeze had started out as TigerClan, but had proved themselves loyal to LionClan in every battle, every situation. It shouldn't have been the end of them.
Then Fallenpetal, Freezingstream, Blossomdawn, Aldertail, Longbreeze, Sagedapple, Icyface, and Rabbitfern had been trustworthy allies. Although they had fought for the end of Cavestar, it had brought their demise.
Spirits in the stars, give these cats a clear path to StarClan. 

"Missed again!" I growl. I had missed a rabbit and a vole twice. The deaths of the warriors had distracted me.
Quickstar, you mouse-brain. You could've saved them all! Instead, you were caring about yourself!
Fawnripple, Honeyflower, and Oakfrost weren't having much luck either. It had been a long while since we had left camp, and I normally would've caught five pieces of prey by now, but the whole patrol had only two pieces of prey.
Luckily, those two pieces of prey were very fat. Though a squirrel and a rabbit wouldn't feed much cats, it was enough for the cats in the nursery. Songthrush's three kits, Boulderkit, Rockkit, and Stonekit, were lively and already understood the vigil and the warrior code. But Rockkit was the most deceived. And that was because she resembled her father so much. But I couldn't help it, either. Every time I looked at Rockkit, I saw the traitorous dark brown tabby.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

At least Rosefeather is with Creekstar in StarClan now. 

• Posted at:

Luana/Ravenclaw

Christian

SAMBer since 2016 

Proud creator of Haven for the Elements! It's on it's 22nd page.

'Cause this whole thing's really just a shot in the dark." - Old Dominion

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14:

"Stonekit! Get off me! Boulderkit, I can see you trying to pounce on my tail!" I laughed playfully as Stonekit and Boulderkit fought me. Stonekit mewed happily as she jumped around on my belly, and Boulderkit had my tail in between his forepaws.
"Boulderkit! Stonekit! Get off of Quickstar right now!" Songthrush yowled from the nursery.
Stonekit and Boulderkit bounded over to their mother while Rockkit wistfully watched from the entrance.
I walked over to Runningfoot and Clearwater, who was on High Watch, and meowed, "You see anything dangerous or threatening?"
"I saw a Twoleg go by with two dogs, one was a floppy-eared brown and white female, and the other was a sharp-eared black and gray male. The Twoleg stopped for a while at the border, but then it moved away, so that's not very much of our concern. I saw a TigerClan hunting patrol race by, but the cats in it were Redwing, Silverstone, Foggyclaw, and Thistlefish, and they respect the warrior code." Clearwater meowed.
Runningfoot leaned down to me and whispered, "Clearwater is one of the only cats I've met see that good!"
I nodded and left the two cats alone as they scanned LionClan territory for any signs of danger.
"Quickstar?" I heard a tiny voice mew. I looked down and saw Rockkit nervously pawing my flank. "Will you please show me how GorseClan cats run so fast?"
"Sure! When we're starting off, we usually bunch up our hindquarters and spine so we have more of a spring. Then we reach out as far as our paws can stretch without losing any speed, and bunch up our spine again so we have another spring. And bending your spine mid-stride is a good idea, too. Cause you can reach farther in one stride and catch up to your prey in only a couple of strides. When we need air, GorseClan cats usually take a huge breath when we're in the air for a brief moment. We repeat that before every new stride." I meow, hoping the kit wouldn't overreact due to the large amount of information.
Then Rockkit sprang off, doing exactly what I told her to do. She had more power in her haunches, and could take huge strides as long as my tail.
That's because Reedtail was the best jumper in GorseClan.
I turned my attention back to Rockkit, and saw her dig in her claws to stop. "How did I do?"
"You did great! How did you think of using your claws?"
"When a cat just stops, they usually skid. If you dig your claws into the ground, you can stop quicker and stop any bad things from happening. You can use your tail for a quick maneuver, your claws to prevent skidding in turns, your spine to start out fast, and your legs to go faster." Rockkit explained, sitting up straight and proud.
"Well, you did an excellent job. Even I didn't figure that out until I was in the end of my apprenticeship." Songthrush mewed, her sweet voice filling the air with dreams of songbirds.
But what if Rockkit figures out who her father is? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 15:

I bolted through BranchClan territory, seeing the MistyClan camp in the distance.
It used to be MistyClan. I reminded myself. Now Cavestar has claimed it as TigerClan.
I motioned for Echolight, Darkshadow, Featherbreeze, and Falconeyes to take the left flank of the TigerClan rogues.
My son's rogues. I bitterly thought, regret prickling me that I had ever let him live.
I whisked my tail over Rainstep, Spiderstrike, Lakeheart, Foxcall, and Cloudspring, and pointed in the right flank of the rogues. I directed Appleleaf, Foxsong, Swanwing, and Deerfang behind the rogues, leaving me, Dewfall, Rowanflame, and Windypelt in the front.
I lashed my tail around in a circle, signaling for an attack.
First, the behind cats yowled loudly and pounced on five rogues, who I recognized as Rain, Ember, Feather, Amber, and Nettle. Then the rest of the rogues dashed in either the direction of the left cats, right cats, or front cats.
Soon, all the rogues were pinned down underneath LionClan cats, who held them down tight. But one dark ginger and tortoiseshell tom was left facing me.
"Tree. I made a mistake letting you live, and I intend on fixing it." I say, flexing my claws.
"Then try, Quickstar." Tree growled.
That shocked me. How did Tree know I was a leader now?"
"Rogues! Fall back to camp!" Tree yowled, still facing me. Then he snarled again.
"Don't be so sure that every single LionClan cat is loyal to their cause. Some see a better life with Cavestar's rules. Battles. Bloodshed. Who would refuse a moment to sharpen their claws? In other words, you have some traitors within you." Tree snarled, turning away. Then he slashed the rest of my right ear off completely, fast as a viper.
I yowled with pain as the LionClan members with me hissed and arched their backs.
At least I knew that everyone on this patrol was truly LionClan. 

I pounded alongside Tawnyear and Darkfoot, unsure of where my parents were leading me. Then an eerie voice whipped around like the wind. 

When the Darkest Heart makes the Tiger, the Purest Heart shall create the Lion. Then Lion and Tiger, Light and Darkness, shall meet in battle for peace or power. 

"Thunder, Wind, River, Shadow, and Sky. AspenClan, GorseClan, MistyClan, CliffClan, BranchClan. Those five must unite on a full moon at StarClan's sacred place, take nine lives, and defeat the darkest at heart." The voice echoed.
I let the breeze flow through my fur as I whispered, "I am Wind." 

End of Book Two! Book Three coming to the SAMB near you! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Niiiice

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

Book Three: River

Chapter 1:

"Great job, Larksong!" Ember called. Ember had taken an interest in me ever since Lakeheart, her and Ember's kits, Swanwing, and Tigershadow had mysteriously disappeared. Smoke disapproved of Ember's actions very much, because he had been assigned to me as a mate. Yes, Cavestar needed to increase the number of TigerClan warriors, so he had asked all the she-cats and toms without mates to meet at the top of the gorge. Surprisingly, there was only a few. Me, Lakeheart, Leafstorm, Jaytalon, Hickoryspring, Rosethorn, Silverstone, Shrubpelt, Ember, Smoke, Robinfeather, Bonefrost, Shadowbite, Frostyclaw, Rageclaw, Darkdeath, and more cats had arrived at the top of the gorge, already knowing what was going to happen. Cavestar had put the strongest cats as mates and the weakest as mates, thinking that letting the strongest cats have kits would lead the kits to have the combined strength of both their parents.
Of course, that was just a load of fox dung, but everyone was afraid to challenge Cavestar, so not even the medicine cats bothered to tell him the truth. Cavestar didn't even doubt himself even the littlest bit when Lakeheart and Ember's kits, Songkit, Wishkit, and Wispkit, had barely managed to survive their first few days with frail little bodies.

"Larksong!" Smoke's voice snapped my attention to the Clan meeting Cavestar had just called. 

"I have decided who will come to attack LionClan today!" He yowled.
I rolled my eyes. That mouse-brained load of fox dung who called himself a leader only cared about defeating LionClan at all costs. Heatherblaze, Ashbreeze, Silverspark, Spiderstrike, Sandfeather, and Emberdusk had all gone to LionClan to seek a better life. But they had all died at the paws of Tree. 

That gave me a thought. What if my littermate, her kits, and my parents hadn't vanished for no reason. What if—they were in LionClan? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

"Larksong, Streakfur, Starrypelt, Bushwing, Blacktail, Fadedstorm, Ashear, and Rageclaw will attack the nursery and the elders, creating a distraction so me, Jaggedstar, and Tree will be able to attack Birchstar, Quickstar, and Flamestar. According to the information given to us by Foxcall and Smallnose, we should be able to lure the warriors out because they will defend their Clan at any cost.
Foxcall and Smallnose had agreed to pass over information to Cavestar because they thought that Cavestar's rules were best. Wrong again.
They shared information in the middle of battles outside of the fight, which was why the TigerClan cats they gave information almost never got hurt. And LionClan never ever suspected them of being traitors, although the fact that they barely even got a scratch was very suspicious. 

I lunged into the LionClan camp, the rest of the patrol around me. Rageclaw led the way to the elders and the nursery. He lunged for the nursery and was going to lunge for a kit before a pure black she-cat launched into him.
The pair writhed on the ground, and a familiar scent washed into my nose a moment before Lakeheart smashed into me.
"Lakeheart! Why are you fighting me? I'm your littermate, remember?" I yowled desperately, trying to escape my sister's grasp.
"You're no littermate of mine. You chose Cavestar over LionClan. You call that being a loyal littermate?" Lakeheart growled. She used her legs to pin me down, and I noticed her legs were longer than mine now. Maybe GorseClan training had caused this.
Then I heard Cavestar yowl, "RETREAT!" As LionClan's warriors drew back.
Tears sprang from my eyes as I pelted back into the TigerClan camp. I hardly even recognized my littermate anymore. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

*reads chapter* If that was us, it would be a total different story.

Agreed. *looks over Redwing's shoulder* Wait what DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THOSE KITS

*jumps threads* What's this about? 

us.

When did you get here?

Before you.

Ooh look a story!

NO NO NO *pushes Aspenkit back into her home thread*

Lemme guess, grown up stuff.

That's right. Time to go back to bed, sweety.

Ok mommy. *goes back to home thread*

Being a mother looks stressful.

It is, but it's joyful too.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

I jumped back as Ember stretched his claws at me. Graytooth and Brokenwing rolled on the ground near me. Graytooth had challenged Brokenwing just to go to a higher rank. Currently, he was rank 7, while Brokenwing was rank 2. I had challenged Ember at the same time, so Cavestar had allowed us to fight together.
I smacked Ember in the muzzle and pinned him down. He yelped and tried to get up, but he was defeated.
"I surrender!" Ember gasped.
Cavestar, who was watching from above, yowled, "Ember has surrendered and Larksong is now a rank one, and Ember is now a rank three!"
I licked my paws clean as the TigerClan cats yowled with either disbelief or approval. Smoke was yowling with complete approval, happy that I had won, and that I had beat Ember.
Ember glared at me and padded off to the rank three cats' den, as I walked over to the rank one den. Tree was glaring at me almost as fiercely as Ember did.
I ignored him as I entered the rank one den. It smelled of sweet berries. Darkdeath acknowledged me with a dip of his head, and nudged me over to an empty nest as the other rank one cats simply stared at me. I was getting nervous, knowing that all of the MistyClan rogues were rank one. Bonefrost was the "leader" of the rank one cats, Darkdeath, Frostyclaw, Shadowbite, Rageclaw, and Drizzle following close behind. 

"Don't worry." Drizzle whispered in my ear as I settled down. "As long as you act nice and let the other rogues take prey before you, it's going to be okay."
I smiled. Perhaps being a rank one cat wasn't so bad after all. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

I am super busy right now and can't post the next chapter. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 4:

"Larksong! Wake up! Cavestar's calling another Clan meeting." Drizzle meowed.
I blinked my eyes open and followed Drizzle to Cavestar's meeting spot.

"Cats of TigerClan! Today we have some new Clanmates!" Cavestar yowled.
I spotted a brown and black tom, a white she-cat, and a dark gray tom.
"Please welcome Venomtooth, Snakehiss, and Darkeyes." Cavestar meowed, pointing at the brown and black tom, then the white she-cat, then the dark gray tom.
Everyone cheered, but half of the cats' cheers were fake. Including mine and Drizzle's.

Cavestar dismissed the Clan meeting and everyone poured back into the dens just as a fierce battle cry split the air. 

LionClan! 

Cavestar instantly screeched orders, putting the rank one cats in the front, then going in order of rank.
"Fight!" 

Sorry it's short! I'm struggling through writer's block. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Noooooo. The chapter got deleted!!! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5:

I lashed out at a silver GorseClan apprentice, who jumped back with amazing speed. A white apprentice jumped at me, but I swatted her aside. I hoped that I didn't hurt her badly. The silver apprentice yowled, "Don't hurt Whitepaw! She's my littermate! I'm not going to lose her to you traitorous TigerClan cats, not after what happened with Rainstorm!" She swiped at my left eye, and it felt like it was being torn out. I screeched in pain and slammed my paws down onto her tail. She yelped in pain and I growled, "I'm not going to be beaten by a scrawny apprentice, do you hear me? So go off and dash away like a good loser or else you lose your sister." I had my left paw on top of Whitepaw, and I kept the right paw on the silver apprentice.
The littermates scrambled away as I released them. I dove into the heat of battle, where there were already dead LionClan cats on the ground. I counted eleven dead cats.
I saw Darkdeath fighting alongside Snakehiss, where they were being drove towards the edge of the gorge. I snapped the spine of a spiky-furred black tom and a pale golden tabby she-cat, Lightningthunder, yowled in sadness. I realized that the tom I'd just killed must have been her mate. And who where her parents again? Ah, yes. Falconeyes and Birchstar.
I pounced on another LionClan cat who was trying to sink his claws into Snakehiss's flank. He had white fur, with a spark of fear in his eyes. I recognized him as Cloudspring. Another son of Falconeyes and Birchstar. Lightningthunder rammed into my side and I almost fell off the edge of the gorge.
"Don't hurt my brother!" Lightningthunder hissed. I noticed that the rest of her brothers and sisters, Wolfcall, Foxsong, Stormsong, Firespirit, Snowecho, and Leafheart, were all beginning to advance on me. Mouse dung. But no Flowersong. Huh. I wonder what she was doing.
I ended up at the edge of the cliffs. Pebbles dropped into the river below, where MistyClan fished. I flattened my ears in horror and then I slipped. I fell off the edge. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

O.O Watch out Larksong!

Jewel, GET BACK TO BED. Btw, the reason why I haven't been writing lately is bc the chapter got deleted

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

BY THE POWER OF CLIFFHANGERS! *CACKLES LIKE CRAZY* 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6:

So much pain. I opened my eyes. I only remembered slipping off the edge of the gorge cliff, and teeth sinking into my scruff. Had Birchstar's kin saved me? I stretched my eyes open all the way and I realized I was not in the TigerClan camp. I was in LionClan! I tried to stand up, but pain shot through my right leg. I collapsed.
"Don't try to move that leg. You broke it when you fell. Luckily, Foxsong and Wolfcall managed to catch you before you died. Consider yourself lucky." Fallingleaf's voice was filled with compassion as she spoke. I couldn't do anything but obey her.
Then Kestrelsong, one of the GorseClan medicine cats, poked her head in through the bramble wall and placed some soaked moss and a mouse in front of me. "Eat."
I ate the whole mouse and drank every bit of the water. I relaxed my head on the moss nest, and then the silver apprentice from the earlier battle walked in. Fallingleaf stepped out of the medicine den so me and the apprentice were alone.
"Look. I never meant to say any of that. I was feeling hostile. I was... a mouse-brain." I say.
"It's okay. It's just that... when I learned that TigerClan poisoned my real mother, I was blinded by fury and vengeance. And tell Cavestar that I say he's an absolute insane mouse-brain who has his head stuck in the Dark Forest all the time!"
"Silverpaw! She's a TigerClan cat!" Whitepaw whispered. She had walked into the den, and now was listening to every thing we were saying.
"It's okay. I think Cavestar is an insane mouse-brain covered in crowfood and fox dung. And I'm not afraid to say it."
The apprentices left as Fallingleaf came back in.
I should consider joining LionClan. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7:

I could now start to run again now that my leg had healed. Most of the time, I played with Silverpaw and Whitepaw, who were now Silverbird and Whitehawk. We mainly hunted together and brought back extra prey for LionClan. I was now an official member, and I had also grieved the deaths of the twelve cats that had given their lives in the fight.
Cypressclaw, Shrewspots, Moonflight, Appleleaf, Brambleshine, Clearwater, Heatherblaze, Spiderstrike, Swanwing, Gingersplash, Lionstrike, and Fuzzyfur.
I killed Fuzzyfur. That thought still lingered in my head. Lightningthunder still didn't trust me. She gave me the occasional glare every day.
Then there was Swanwing. My own mother. She had died thinking of me as an enemy. And I had learned of Tigershadow and Songpaw's death as well. I felt hollow inside. My kin were disappearing beneath my paws. And I had done nothing to stop it.
Heatherblaze had been mentoring Wisppaw when she died. A loyal cat. Loyal to what was right. She understood that straight from the beginning. I had not.
LionClan was always the cats with the purest thoughts. And although LionClan and TigerClan were two, there would always be five.
Aspenstar, Gorsestar, Mistystar, Cliffstar, and Branchstar. Those five cats had created the Clans and the warrior code. They had declared that there would always be five Clans. No matter what. And those cats should stay loyal to their Clan. And they should only betray if there was a more pure way to follow. And I knew two cats who had disobeyed that ancient law.
I walked over to Birchstar, Quickstar, and Flamestar.
"I want to talk you. Privately."
The leaders entered the den underneath the Highledge.
"What is it, Larksong?" Quickstar asked.
"You probably know that some LionClan cats are giving away information to Cavestar, right?" I meowed.
"Yes. But we're having trouble figuring out who they are." Flamestar replied.
"Well, I know the two cats that are. It's the two that get the least amount of injuries in most battles." I mewed.
"Foxcall and Smallnose?" Birchstar's eyes widened.
"Yes." I slightly shrank back.
"Now the fact that they don't get barely a scratch makes sense." Flamestar recalled the memories.
"Thank you, Larksong. We'll make sure that we keep all the important information away from them and we'll tell the other cats as well." Quickstar dipped her head and padded out.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I stepped on a twig and the mouse I had been stalking disappeared. Curses!
Then I spotted a flash of red and brown fur in the tall grass. I padded closer and Foxcall leaped out at me. I staggered backwards and swiped at Foxcall's nose. Smallnose struck my back legs and I fell over.
Suddenly, a yowling ball of gray fur smashed into Foxcall, leaving me with Smallnose. I chomped down on his tail and he screeched with pain. I pinned him down and the gray cat killed him to a bite to the neck. I saw Foxcall in the bed of reeds, unmoving. I looked into the shining eyes of the gray cat clearly now.
"Smoke!" I licked his face clean of blood and he bumped my muzzle lightly.
"Cavestar's worse than he was before. He killed Streakfur. I don't know what to say." I curled my tail with Smoke's, feeling a warm, nurturing feeling spread through me.
"Smoke... do you want to live a life with me, having fun, with no rules?" I asked my mate.
"Sure." Then Smoke dashed off. "Race you to the Wildlands!" I let the breeze flow through my fur as the two moons of being a LionClan warrior blew away on the wind that rid me of memories. Me and Smoke arrived at the border of AspenClan and BranchClan at the exact same moment, and we stretched out in the meadow. I smiled. Why hadn't I lived like this forever? No rules, no warrior code. Then my smile half faded. No kin. No Swanwing. No Tigershadow. Or Beechkit, Streakfur, or even Lakeheart.
But who needed my kin when I had Smoke?
I stood up and meowed, "Smoke, we have to get going if we want to reach the Wildlands before tomorrow night."
Smoke brushed his pelt close to mine and the warm feeling passed through me again.
I have Smoke. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Ooh you want to touch the Beyondlands, Larksong? *reads Topaz's guide to the Beyondlands*

*Teleports Jewel back home* How many times do I have to tell you go to bed?!

Sooowweyyyy

*Is fast asleep*

*Jerks head up* Huh? *sees Jewel sulking* Oh. Nighty night Jewel.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I stepped on a twig and the mouse I had been stalking disappeared. Curses!
Then I spotted a flash of red and brown fur in the tall grass. I padded closer and Foxcall leaped out at me. I staggered backwards and swiped at Foxcall's nose. Smallnose struck my back legs and I fell over.
Suddenly, a yowling ball of gray fur smashed into Foxcall, leaving me with Smallnose. I chomped down on his tail and he screeched with pain. I pinned him down and the gray cat killed him to a bite to the neck. I saw Foxcall in the bed of reeds, unmoving. I looked into the shining eyes of the gray cat clearly now.
"Smoke!" I licked his face clean of blood and he bumped my muzzle lightly.
"Cavestar's worse than he was before. He killed Streakfur. I don't know what to say." I curled my tail with Smoke's, feeling a warm, nurturing feeling spread through me.
"Smoke... do you want to live a life with me, having fun, with no rules?" I asked my mate.
"Sure." Then Smoke dashed off. "Race you to the Wildlands!" I let the breeze flow through my fur as the two moons of being a LionClan warrior blew away on the wind that rid me of memories. Me and Smoke arrived at the border of AspenClan and BranchClan at the exact same moment, and we stretched out in the meadow. I smiled. Why hadn't I lived like this forever? No rules, no warrior code. Then my smile half faded. No kin. No Swanwing. No Tigershadow. Or Beechkit, Streakfur, or even Lakeheart.
But who needed my kin when I had Smoke?
I stood up and meowed, "Smoke, we have to get going if we want to reach the Wildlands before tomorrow night."
Smoke brushed his pelt close to mine and the warm feeling passed through me again.
I have Smoke. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9:

I was exhausted by the time night fell, but Smoke and I had reached the Wildlands, and it had started to snow. I felt a slight chill as I bit into a vole. So tired. I chewed on the juicy meat, savoring every last bite. I heard pawsteps through the grass, and stood up silently. I saw white streak by, but I was quicker. I pounced on its tail, and the cat let out a squeak of surprise. I was stunned, though. "Wisppaw?"
"Hi, Larksong. I wanted to go with you. You're my closest kin left, since Wishpaw died."
I nodded. Poor Wisppaw. Her littermates had all died. And Songpaw and Wishpaw hadn't even experienced the joy of being a warrior.
Smoke padded back to our nest and dropped his rabbit at my paws, then stared at Wisppaw. "Who's that?"
"Wisppaw. She wanted to go with me."
Smoke nodded. "Have some rabbit." He pushed the rabbit towards Wisppaw. The white she-cat took a huge bite, then backed away in embarrassment. "Rabbit tastes so good!" She swiped her tongue around her lips. "But I guess you two should have a bite, too." 

I swam through the river, feeling quite confident as my paws churned through the swirling water. Lakeheart, Echolight, and Silverstone swam beside me. Then they suddenly yowled in terror as the river started to swirl away, and I leaped out instantly as the remaining cats disappeared underneath the foaming water.
An unfamiliar scent drifted from next to me. I turned and spotted a red and orange she-cat. Her eyes were amber like a sunset.
"Greetings, Larksong. I have waited many seasons to talk to you. I am Dawnstar."
"Dawnstar?" Every kit had been told the story of the legendary MistyClan leader. "Why have you come to speak to me?"
"Larksong. This is not your place. Deep inside, you know where you belong. You were made one of the Purest for a reason. You must stay loyal to your Clan and leave who you love the most, for they cannot be trusted."
I jumped up, my fur bristling. "Are you saying Smoke can't be trusted?"
Dawnstar blinked at me. "I am only saying that you know what is right." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10:

"Wisppaw! Wake up!" I prodded the young she-cat's shoulder. She yawned, then stretched her limbs. "What's going on?"
"We're leaving Smoke."
"What? Why?" Wisppaw seemed confused.
I swallowed. "Do you know about Dawnstar?"
"Yes."
"Well... Dawnstar came to me in a dream and told me that I couldn't trust Smoke. And that I knew where my heart truly lies." I responded.
Wisppaw blinked. "Leaving Smoke won't do any good now that you're expecting kits."
"What?!" I stared down. How had I not noticed? My sides were slightly swollen from the weight of my kits. I looked back up at Wisppaw. "How long do you think before I kit?"
"A moon."
"Then we have to move quickly. Now.

I pounded through the heather, chasing a rabbit. Wisppaw burst out from under a gorse bush and pounced on it. At least I could still run. A moon had passed. My belly felt huge. I was lucky that Wisppaw had spent some time with Fallingleaf. Or else I would have had no idea how long until kitting I was. Then ripples passed through my belly and I gasped with pain.
I collapsed and another spasm passed through. "Wisppaw! Get the nearest medicine cat!" I yowled. The young she-cat nodded and raced off. 

I caught sight of Sunbreeze hard on Wisppaw's tail. The BranchClan medicine cat skidded to a halt next to me. She placed her paws on my flanks and murmured, "Push." I obeyed and pushed as hard as I could. Wisppaw licked the kit clean and placed it near my belly. Then I started pushing for the next kit. 

"Congratulations. You have three kits. Two she-cats and a tom." Sunbreeze mewed warmly. I tugged them closer to my belly. The dark gray she-cat protested and moved away from her littermates.
"I'll name you Quailkit." I murmured. The tortoiseshell tom had paws the color of the night sky. "Maybe... Shadowkit." The last kit, a silver tabby she-cat, was suckling away at my milk like all of it belonged to her. "Moonkit." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)

topazhamster42

Yay no more writer's block

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧ Proud Christian✧

#DuskDay(12/7)

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13:

I listened to the lark singing to the sky. The sun was appearing over the horizon. A beautiful dawn.
"Larksong? What are you doing up here?" Lakeheart sat down next to me.
"Listening to the lark sing."
Lakeheart stared at me like I was crazy. "What lark?"
"The lark over there. In the birch tree. It's really quick, so I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't see it." I pointed with my tail at the bird.
My sister obviously still thought I was crazy. I sighed with frustration and padded back into the nursery. Dappleheart and Nightleap were watching Boulderkit, Rockkit, Stonekit, Daisykit, Marigoldkit, and Mintkit. The six were play fighting. I purred with amusement and thought about the lark. Lakeheart couldn't hear it. Or see it. I could hear and see it.
It was in a birch tree. And it was very quick.
I shot over to the leaders' den and meowed, "Birchstar, Quickstar? Can I talk to you?"
The AspenClan leader gave me a stern look. "Fine. But be quick." He mewed, a sour tone in his voice.
"Outside, I heard a lark singing. But when Lakeheart sat next to me, even closer to the lark, she couldn't even sense that it was real. And..." I leaned forward. "It was a lark. In a birch tree. And it was very, very quick."
Birchstar and Quickstar exchanged glances, then they jumped up and beckoned for me to follow. We headed towards the medicine den, and all five of the medicine cats looked at us.
"She's the third cat." Quickstar mewed.
Fallingleaf's eyes widened.. "You must go to the Moonpool tonight." 

I touched my nose to the starlit water. I blinked my eyes shut, and when I opened them again, I was in StarClan's hunting grounds with Birchstar and Quickstar by my side. I saw Wispfeather, Songpaw, Wishpaw, Heatherblaze, Swanwing, and many lost kin and Clanmates I had hoped to see again.
"Welcome, Larksong. The River of the Purest." Songpaw meowed.
"You have been chosen to take part in a very important prophecy. And now, you shall take the final step in becoming the River." Swanwing mewed, then she touched her muzzle to my head. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Whisper (#Randomness)