Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

What cats do I have in this story again?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

[No longer active. Will return one day]

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5:

When we entered the camp, the queens were worried. But Rainstep was simmering with fury.
"What were you thinking, trying to hunt down a badger?! You could have been killed!"
I was too shocked to speak. My mother hissed with annoyance.
"And you got Cloudspring and Lightningthunder killed!" Falconeyes snarled.
Quickstar padded over. "We'll also have to give new mentors to Ashpaw and Oakpaw."
Birchstar said nothing and dropped Cloudspring's body into the middle of the clearing, with Breezeflight and Silverbird carrying Lightningthunder's body.
Shadewing rested her tail-tip on his shoulder, and murmured something. The AspenClan leader nodded and hopped up the Highledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here for a Clan meeting." His voice was dull and unenthusiastic.
Cats gathered in the clearing and Quickstar stepped forward onto the Highledge.
"We lost Cloudspring and Lightningthunder today. Their apprentices cannot be left without mentors, so I must give them new ones." The GorseClan leader looked at Ashpaw and Oakpaw. "Songthrush, you will mentor Ashpaw. Silverbird, you will mentor Oakpaw. Both of you learned well and I expect you to teach your apprentices everything you know."
The she-cats touched their noses to their new apprentices and the cats broke away from the tight huddle in the clearing. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt.
This is all my fault. 

Chapter 5 Trivia: 

-Who's fault is it really?
-Give Ashpaw and Oakpaw warrior names. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Oakstorm

Ashwhisper

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

[No longer active. Will return one day]

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6:

I poked my head into the medicine den. I could only see Softpaw and Lightdawn sorting herbs. Fallingleaf, Echosong, and Nightwing had probably gone to gather herbs. I padded up to Softpaw and mewed, "Can I help with anything?"
"Sure." The gray apprentice meowed. "Can you give me that bunch of tansy?" She pointed to a strong-smelling herb. I picked it up and dropped it at her paws. "What's tansy used for?"
"Tansy can be used to help prevent sickness. It doesn't always work, though. Cats can still get greencough."
I heard Rainstep call my name and bounded outside. Dapplekit was sulking and Morningkit was bouncing on her paws. "I'm so excited!" She squealed. "I wonder who my mentor is going to be!"
Dapplekit glared at her. As punishment for trying to hunt down the badger, Flamestar was holding her back from becoming an apprentice until she was seven moons old.
I heard Stormstar call the Clan meeting, and I bounded up to Highledge, grooming my fur so it looked sleek and shiny.
"Morningkit, Ripplekit! Come forward!" Flamestar called us. We both padded forward, our eyes shining.
"Until they receive their warrior names, these two kits shall be known as Morningpaw and Ripplepaw." He turned his gaze to Morningpaw. "Morningpaw, your mentor shall be Wildfeather. I hope he will pass on all he knows to you."
My sister touched noses with her new mentor. The young tom's eyes were glittering with excitement, and I caught another emotion in his eyes.
Affection? Great StarClan, Wildfeather had a crush on my sister! 

Chapter 6 Trivia:

-Do you think Morningpaw would like Wildfeather if she knew he liked her?
-There is going to be a Thistleclaw in this book. Who do you think it is?
-Give Softpaw the medicine cat name you would give her. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7:

I followed Breezeflight deep into LionClan territory. My pads stung from the hard stone in BranchClan territory. I halted and licked my paws. Breezeflight turned around and asked, "Do you want to go back to camp?"
As much as I wanted to explore more, I replied, "Yes." 

I wrinkled my nose at the stench of mouse bile. The clump of moss was thoroughly soaked in the vile-smelling liquid. Stormpaw, Quietpaw, Wanderpaw, and Cinderpaw were already in the elders' den, killing their fleas as fast as they appeared. With so many elders, it was hard to keep the den free of fleas and ticks.
"Oh. You're here with the mouse bile. Can you get this tick at the base of my tail?" Crowpath, the only BranchClan elder, was sitting up, all his limbs still as supple as a warrior's. Except for his lame foreleg.
I pushed away any other thoughts and dabbed the bile-soaked moss on Crowpath's tick and it fell off. Then Wanderpaw's voice burst into my head.
"Hey! Look at this flea! It looks like it's going to explode!" 

I curled my tail over my nose as I tried to sleep. When sleep did come, I stood, shocked at what I saw.
I was watching myself, but as a warrior, watching a she-cat suckle kits. The she-cat kept changing from a silver tabby with icy blue eyes, a mottled gray tabby with green eyes, a golden she-cat with amber eyes, to a gray tabby with green eyes. Stormpaw, Wanderpaw, Quietpaw, and Cinderpaw. 

Chapter 7 Trivia:

-What do you think the dream means?
-If you were Ripplepaw, who would you choose to be your mate once you were a warrior? Stormpaw, Wanderpaw, Quietpaw, or Cinderpaw?
-List all the apprentices Ripplepaw has been introduced to so far.
-Give Stormpaw, Wanderpaw, Quietpaw, and Cinderpaw the warrior names you would give them. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I smelled TigerClan. 

Breezeflight signaled with her tail to get back to camp quickly. I nodded. We reached camp with just enough time to organize patrols and approach TigerClan.
I smelled Cinderpaw's scent and she bounded up to me. "This will be my first real battle as well as yours. Aren't you excited?"
I didn't reply. Why did this entire war have to happen? 

I felt teeth sink into my tail. I whirled around and saw a white tom slam his paws down on me. His tail was black, and his eyes were glittering with hunger.
Then, Morningpaw charged at him with Wanderpaw and Patchpaw on her tail. They leaped onto him and held on tight with their teeth and claws. I scrambled to my paws and spotted Stormpaw wrestling an apprentice that was much larger than her. I rushed over and knocked the apprentices off of each other. The TigerClan apprentice whirled around on one paw and hissed, "Say goodbye to your pathetic life, apprentice!" 

Chapter 8 Trivia:

-Is Cinderpaw excited for the battle?
-Morningpaw, Ripplepaw, Stormpaw, Cinderpaw, Wanderpaw, and Patchpaw were the only apprentices in the fight. Which combination works best against warriors? Morningpaw, Wanderpaw, and Patchpaw? Or Stormpaw and Ripplepaw?
-What is the name of the tom who was attacking Ripplepaw? (I mentioned him once before from Stormstar's point of view.) 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9:

"Morningheart! Rippleflight!" The Clan cheered our names. Dapplepaw had her mouth clamped tightly shut. Many things had happened since my first battle, which had almost taken my life. Quietblaze and Stormstrike had been given apprentices, and Wanderleaf and Cinderflame had earned their warrior names as well, along with their littermates. Duskpaw, Willowpaw, and Wolfpaw had also been made apprentices. Oaknose was mentoring Willowpaw, Sandstripe had been Wolfpaw, and Stormstrike, with her firm way of discipline, had become the mentor of troublesome Duskpaw. That apprentice could figure out more ways to get in trouble than the amount of times I had picked the elders' ticks. She had almost been eaten by the same badger that had almost killed me when I was a kit. Ivydawn's kits, Dustpaw, Darkpaw, Sootpaw, and Talonpaw, had become apprentices as well.
I suddenly thought of getting my own apprentice. If I get an apprentice, I could become deputy, and maybe even Clan leader! Then I thought of Lilykit and Meadowkit. They're becoming apprentices in one moon. The two sisters were Breezeflight's kits. They were very close. I wanted to have Lilykit as an apprentice. She was attentive and clever. Meadowkit was a born fighter. She had outfought Wolfpaw when they were kits.
"Rippleflight!" I felt something tug my tail and turned to see Lilykit and Meadowkit pounce on my tail. I lifted it away from them and meowed, "What is it?"
"I want you as my mentor! Meadowkit thinks I'll get Morningheart! Will I?" Lilykit stared up at me with huge eyes.
"I don't know. But I think Meadowkit will be Morningheart's apprentice. She needs to shape her talent for fighting into something else."
"I still want you to be my mentor!" Lilykit insisted.
Then there was a rustle as the brambles at the entrance of the camp shook. Eagleflight hurried inside, his eyes glazed over with exhaustion. What was he doing here? He was supposed to be chasing away the badger with Cloudbreeze, Grassclaw, Hopesplash, Quaildawn, Cinderflame, and Onestep!
Eagleflight gave a moan and sank to the ground, his paws soaked with blood. "We did the best we could, but the badger was too strong."
Birchstar crouched down next to his Clanmate and asked, "What happened?"
Eagleflight shook his head. "Cloudbreeze is dead." 

Chapter 9 Trivia: 

-Who is Cloudbreeze?
-What is Cloudbreeze's role in his Clan?
-In what book did I first mention Cloudbreeze? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10:

I stood, stiff-legged, where I was. Cloudbreeze? I watched Birchstar slowly climb to his paws and stagger into his den. Lilykit looked up at me, her eyes wide with confusion. "Why is Birchstar so upset?"
Morningheart overheard our conversation and padded over. "Cloudbreeze was his deputy for many, many moons. He wasn't big or strong like Liontail or Shadowfoot, but he was quick and clever. Birchstar won't want to let him go too easily."
Then Meadowkit bounded over, her tail bushing up with annoyance. "Morningheart! Rippleflight!" She yowled. "Dustpaw and Sootpaw said I'll never be an apprentice with an attitude like mine!"
My tail-tip twitched with amusement. "They're just teasing you, Meadowkit." I meowed.
Dustpaw and Sootpaw looked the most like their father, Eagleflight. Dustpaw looked exactly like him, while Sootpaw was a tabby. Their brothers, Darkpaw and Talonpaw, looked more like their mother, Ivydawn, than Eagleflight. But neither of them looked exactly like her. Her pelt was night-black. Darkpaw was a dark gray tabby with black stripes. Talonpaw's fur was dark gray, but he had lighter-colored paws. I turned back to Morningheart, who had started chatting with Wildfeather. The young tom seemed a little bit embarrassed to be talking with her. I stifled a purr. Apparently, Stormstar had noticed Wildfeather's embarrassment as well.
Stormstar padded over to Wildfeather, and touched the tom's shoulder with his tail. The BranchClan tom nodded and turned back to Morningheart.
"Morningheart? Will you be my mate?" 

Chapter 10 Trivia: 

-How do you think Morningheart will reply? 

-Do you totally ship them or what? 

-On a scale of one to ten (Ten being the high end), how amused do you think Rippleflight will be? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

"Lilypaw! Meadowpaw! Lilypaw! Meadowpaw!" LionClan cheered the apprentices' names loud and clear. Lilypaw looked like she was going to burst with excitement. Meadowpaw simply gazed at the crowd, her tail-tip twitching.
I had been given Lilypaw as an apprentice, and Morningheart had been given Meadowpaw as an apprentice. And Dapplepaw had been made into a warrior two sunrises ago, and had been named Dapplefur.
I padded over to the fresh-kill pile and took a nice, plump mouse to eat. I padded over to the entrance of the warriors' den at the edge of the clearing and bit into the mouse's haunches. Stormstrike was sitting next to me, finishing up her vole. She swallowed the last bits and mewed, "Do you want to go on a walk with me?"
"Sure. To where? GorseClan?"
"Okay. I could use the feel of moorland on my pads. I caught a fat rabbit for Starlingfeather there yesterday. You know how fussy she is with those kits due soon."
"Breezeflight drove me crazy." I replied, feeling warmth blossom under my pelt. I noticed that Dapplefur was staring at Silentsong like he was the only cat in the world. I flinched slightly. There is no way Silentsong would become Dapplefur's mate! He's too loyal! Then a shiver ran through my pelt. I had thought that he was too loyal. He wasn't betraying anyone if he became Dapplefur's mate. 

Was he? 

Chapter 11 Trivia:

• Do you think Silentsong is betraying anyone if he becomes Dapplefur's mate? 

• Why did Rippleflight think that? 

• Do you think DappleXSilent will work out? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12:

I crouched down low to the ground and crept in from behind Lilypaw. The apprentice turned around, trying to find me. I leapt up and pounced on her. She squealed with excitement and meowed, "You got me! I'm a prisoner!" She fell limp in my jaws and I set her down. She jumped back onto her paws. Then a breeze whisked through the trees and she asked, "What's that odd scent?"
I tasted the air and froze. That was TigerClan scent!
I turned to Lilypaw. "Find Morningheart and Meadowpaw and follow my scent trail." Then I dashed off towards the source of the smell. I slowed down near the lake, and I pounced on my target. They screeched with alarm, and I looked at them clearly.
The cat underneath my paws was a small mottled gray tabby she-cat with black stripes across her back. Her eyes were amber, and she was too small to be a warrior and too big to be a kit. I guessed that she was an apprentice.
The apprentice cowered underneath my paws as Morningheart, Lilypaw, and Meadowpaw approached me. They looked the apprentice up and down.
"I think she's a BranchClan cat, like us. See her long legs and powerful haunches?" Morningheart pointed out. I nodded. The apprentice shivered, and a whole TigerClan patrol poured out of the bushes. I backed up and lifted my paw off the apprentice. "StarClan help us." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

1 , 2 , , 4