A quick note before I begin: This is a fanfiction mainly focusing on my gang, I may or may not include any other MBers and their gangs in this. Don't ask me to add you in. Besides, the most other MBers will get is a small cameo, and not major roles. I don't like giving other people major roles in my stuff, I feel like I'm bunnying them around.

It’s My World Now

A Fanfiction by Verity Evermore

Prologue

For once, I find myself jealous of a dead woman.

Who’d have thought that? I wasn’t powerless – instead the opposite. Yet it was amazing how I would kill to be in her position right now, away from the suffering and pain going on.

No one would have called what happened. In the hours after that event, you took the MB by surprise with your actions. We weren’t just a gang anymore. You had a plan, a plan to become more than what people thought we were.

And you know, you did a good job of it for a few years. Before you lost it.

I still remember the words you spoke at her funeral. The words that hinted that you had planned this all.

“I’m sick of her cage. This is just the beginning.”

~

I think I’m beginning to crack. I’ve been hearing talk about an uprising against you. If this is true, who do I choose? My duty is to those in the rebellion… Yet my heart lies with your people.

Look at me. All those nakama speeches are going to my head.

Even though the rebellion will tempt me, I’m not sure I want to join it. I know that you’ll destroy it.

Just as you destroyed poor Verity.

~

It’s been a year since the rebellion was announced. I’m not even sure why I’m still writing these letters. I’ll never send them to you. I know you’ll kill me if I do.

I wonder… If I were to kill him, would you let me live as one of your own? I want to do it. He deserves to die a painful death. I want to be the one to give it to him. He’ll get his just desserts for what he’s done to me.

~

What have you done?

This isn’t what you said you’d do! People have been slaughtered because they’re following your orders! Have you no shame? You signed them up for a war they could never win!

And of course… he survives. The one person who needed to die did not.

You swore to protect the gang after Verity’s tragedy. Yet you have their blood on your hands, you caused the deaths of so many of them. Because of you, he killed her.

Was it worth it? Are you happy now?

~

The rebellion’s leader has come to beg for your forgiveness. Ha. If anything, you should beg for his. You were what caused him to snap in the first place.

I’ve gotten offers from people… they say they’ll help me. But I know I can’t trust them. The second I think they have my back, they’ll drive a knife through it.

I can’t live like this anymore. But things aren’t going to change. I need to leave this place behind. He’s here, in the capital right this moment. I suppose we can go together.

This is my escape from your clutches. And, I now realize, my last letter as well. I’ll miss writing these. They were my spot of light in this dark world.

Since I won’t be writing again, I should say this now.

You could have been the greatest. But because of that incident, you’ve fallen far from grace.

Jellal.

I'll let everyone guess who wrote these letters and what exactly they mean. Those who read my show may have some idea of what the story behind these is.

Chapters will come every few days - it takes about two or three days to write one, and then extra time to edit it. I'm not putting myself on a schedule, that never ends well for me.

Credit to Prank for some parts of this fanfic. I wouldn't have thought of them without you.

MODS, PLEASE LET THIS POST!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Verity Evermore

JellalLaxusMiraMeredyBrandishIreneInvelMiddyMardSeilah

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

HiccupDagurViggoPeridotCelestia

Ayden

Thumbnail avatar fd8945e8a4

amberpegasus203

Yay, it's finally up! I'm loving how the story is going so far.

Hm...Based off of the writing style, I think the writer of the letters might be Midnight or an Out-of-Character Mard...and I think that the letters are being written as an apocalypse diary of sorts...to be viewed after the end.

• Posted at:

Never forget the lost. They still live on in our hearts.

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

The Fire SistersKatsa, Po, Fire, Mya, Bitterblue, Zara, Shui, Tof

All Gracelings and monsters

Rylia, my SA

Thumbnail avatar 2a15acccfc

dragonwolf2982

THE FANFIC IS OUT *Celebrates*

Aaand the first thing that happens is Verity kills herself off. I think I read a super old post where someone said you did that a lot...

HOW DARE YOU JELLAL YOU SAID YOU WERE LOYAL TO VERITY.

Camelia: But... But Jelrity...

Hm... It doesn't sound like Dagur, Midna, Peridot, or Mard... Maybe Viggo? I don't know.

• Posted at:

Call me Eternity EternaFlame

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

I have no clue who's in your gang, but I am excited to see more!

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife

We spent weeks cleaning the fun from the trees. - Karen

Thanks for the support, you guys!

I should say this now - chapters on average take about 2-3 days to write. I have about three and a half pre-written chapters, but I changed the prologue from an old one to what I have now, so those chapters are being edited and changed to take out any hints of the old ones.

I'll hopefully have the next chapter up soon, and you shall all hopefully enjoy it!

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

dragonwolf2982

:D

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

Thumbnail avatar 2b4e58a204

brownwolf123

yeeeeeeee

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

CALLUZFCBPTPJEIBKSKKNBAMKS

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

SiFlCMAySaSiYuRyTkYkSAIbMyGyViElSBCa

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

RSFSSIAMPRSMKCRHSPKHMRICESCPMMNY

amberpegasus203

Alright! Can't wait for it!

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

Thumbnail avatar 84275d5517

pizzacheese45

I would say who I think wrote it, but I don't know who to, and I think my idea is not smart

• Posted at:

Pizz C Yzarc

Chickie

NedRMRumorRumoressKPGK999JenkinsF.Carsen

E.JonesJ.StoneC.CillianE.Baird#4MichaelV.

"See you Christmas... or not." ~Pizz C and gang

#KingofThreadGhosts

#Jester C

Chapter One

Jellal Fernandes had begun to notice a decrease in productivity in his gang. Though there had not been much of that in the beginning.

He had dealt with lazy slackers before – many more of them than just the few in this gang. And yet, this small number of troublemakers was ten times worse than their predecessors. Jellal couldn’t comprehend it – how could three people be worse than dozens?

“Regretting asking to be in charge?” Viggo Grimborn smirked as he sat down across the table from Jellal.

“As if you could handle them.” Jellal scoffed in response.

“Jellal, my friend, they’re all scared of me. I most certainly could handle them. It’s just like my army back in the Archipelago – control them with fear.”

“Maybe that’s why you’re never put in charge.”

The two looked through the window next to them at the backyard. The Trio of Terror was back there, along with Midna and Peridot. Jellal was half convinced that those two were crushing on the Trio. Midna made her feelings rather obvious at times…

“How are the plans going?” Viggo asked suddenly.

Jellal jumped, not expecting him to ask that. “The plans? You know not to ask about those when others could hear us.”

“Those five are the only ones who could hear us.” Viggo gestured at the yard. “And they’re too loud to overhear. We’re safe.”

“The plans are going fine. We just need to get everyone else on board. I know that Mira and Laxus are willing to help – I’ve spoken to them. It won’t take much convincing, I can tell.”

“What of Midnight? What have you decided to do about him?”

“He and Verity were once very close… But she’s drifting away. Her feelings toward him are different now. Once they were as passionate as his own. Now she only shows a mild interest.”

“You think this can be used to your advantage?”

“Midnight is vengeful by nature. By granting me leadership, this will hurt her as much as her rejection hurt him. They’ll be even, and he’ll be pleased. Besides, I don’t want to hurt her. He’ll work with me if I tell him that.”

Viggo chuckled. “It won’t be that easy. He won’t believe you right off the bat. You should know that already.”

“I do. Which is why I need to lay in wait. Once I’ve gotten everyone’s support, I’ll wait until she puts him back into reality. That’s all I need to sway him.”

Verity’s gang was quite small, yet they practically lived in a mansion. It was due to members like Invel, who demanded space from the wilder groups. Still, only 19 people (including Verity in that 19) lived in a house that could have housed an enormous family and their servants.

Jellal enjoyed the open space. The gang had once had several more members, perhaps about eighty. Probably more. That would have been more benefitting of this house size, but far less enjoyable.

He had left Viggo watching the Trio of Trouble and their friends, knowing well enough that even without magic, the Hunter could handle them. As Viggo had said, they were scared of him. It was amusing to Jellal, considering Mard Geer, king of demons and leader of the Trio, had sworn he never would be scared of a simple human. And here he was, scared of Viggo.

Right now, Jellal couldn’t think with the noise the group was making. He knew that Mira, Meredy, Brandish and Zelda were out shopping, Laxus, Lucina, Irene and Hiccup were training in the front of the house, Invel was probably out filing a complaint about the gang and Midnight had likely taken Verity out somewhere to try to win her affections back. The only gang member whose whereabouts he wasn’t sure about was Ayden.

Ayden was a strange case. He wasn’t from an existing world like Jellal and the rest of the gang (sans Verity) were from. He claimed to be an OC, someone created by Verity for her own world. Jellal sometimes wondered about those two, despite the fact that Ayden’s supposed brother Gajeel often assured him otherwise. He worried of Verity’s intentions, wondering why she created someone like Ayden and if she intended to use him.

Still, Ayden had given Jellal support in the past. He decided that, for now at least, that was enough reason to trust him.

A banging noise snapped Jellal out of his thoughts, and he jumped at hearing it. It had come from the front of the house, where Laxus and the others were training.

He had no idea why he had been so surprised at hearing the noise… Bangs, crashes and explosions were common with this gang. Viggo had probably made him paranoid.

“Jellal.”

The voice caused the wizard to jump and look behind him. Ayden had been the one to speak, and he looked strangely blank.

“Yes, what do you need?” Jellal replied, a bit impatiently.

“What plans are we discussing?” the Dragon Slayer asked, his voice almost a purr, moving to Jellal’s side. “Do tell.”

“Oh, Ayden, you don’t need to worry yourself about what Viggo and I talk about. It’s the boring smart people stuff that you say you don’t like.”

“Boring? With Viggo? He’s not a boring guy – he’s cunning and tricky. If you two are planning something, everyone has every right to worry.”

Jellal sighed. “We have plans for the future of the gang. We… I am displeased with the way things have been going lately. And I think it would be wise for the gang to go under new management.”

“You plan to take over?” Ayden raised an eyebrow. “Unnecessary. You’re basically in charge.”

“Basically doesn’t mean officially. If Verity wished to, she could resume her authority over me. She just doesn’t because she’s lazy.”

“Well, Jellal, you’ve got my support. Verity may be the reason I’m alive, but I agree, it’s time for a change. What plans do you have for your takeover?”

Jellal shushed him as they drew closer to an open window. He looked out, and could see Lucina and Hiccup sparring with each other. Ayden reached over and closed it.

“There.”

Jellal took a breath. “Well… Let’s just say we won’t be an ordinary gang after this. We’ll be so much more than that.”

“So how do you want to achieve this?”

“Ayden, has anyone ever told you that you’re nosy?”

“Oh, many times. Midnight says that to me every time I ask him a question.”

“Tonight, when Midnight will be out, I’m going to tell everyone what I have planned. If you want answers, then you don’t want to miss it.”

“But of course. I’m sure it’s to die for.”

Wow, this indenting is weird. XD.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

amberpegasus203

Aaaaand Jellal has gone into full-on Let's-take-over-the-gang-today-then-the-world-the-next mode. Can't wait to see how everything plays out, though.

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

dragonwolf2982

...Hm. Is Ayden REALLY loyal to Jellal...? ...Did Ayden write the letter?!

I kinda get the feeling that Verity would put him in charge if he asked...

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

rainelf13

Verity, I am concerned by the high proportion of murderous/edgy gang members you have. But I like this new chapter all the same.

• Posted at:

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

brownwolf123

As of now my only guesses to the author of the letters are Ayden, Midnight, Viggo, and Mard (maybe Invel).

Anyway, my gang has something similar in forms of leadership. I'm technically the leader but more like a mascot leader, my only authority is adding members (and technically getting rid of, but I can't bring myself to do that). Arbiter is more of the leader who tells people what to do and give punishments, however there's actually a whole "council" of "responsible" members that put it to a vote, of which Arbiter is kind of the leader of too. Mostly because, not counting Billy, he has technically been in the gang the longest-

BY A FEW SECONDS! *salty*

The leadership council includes (but not limited to) Arbiter, Maria, Marial, Coyote, Nao, Amaterasu, Valhalla, Sissi, Moge-kov, Reimu, and Eiki Shiki. Probably more but we can never remember most of the council.

I don't know why I said all of that.

...Anyway! Can't wait to see where this goes, although obviously we know a few specific details...

PLEASE LET THIS POST!

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

Sorry this is late, I've had to prepare for my final exams this week. Next chapters should come faster.

Chapter Two

“Jellal, we shouldn’t be doing this.” Zelda warned from her seat in the den.

“Zelda, many times you have said something negative like this, and all of those times, we’ve ignored you and it turned out fine.” Jellal rolled his eyes.

“I don’t mean the meeting. I mean the whole plan.” the Hylian princess replied, sighing.

She, Viggo and Ayden had been the first to arrive at the meeting. Everyone else would be arriving shortly. Except Midnight and Verity. This meeting had been purposely timed so they would miss it. They wouldn’t hear this… Not yet, at least.

Soon, more gang members began to enter the room. Lucina, Laxus Dreyar, and Irene Belserion were the first, all panting from the training session they had finished a few minutes ago. The trio collapsed onto a couch, Laxus settling himself between the two (attractive) women.

Next came the Trio of Trouble – Mard Geer, Tyrian Callows and Dagur the Deranged. Midna and Peridot also entered with them. The group was the loudest in the gang, and also the cause of most of the trouble. Oftentimes they argued and roughhoused over the simplest things. They had caused Jellal to pay for many repairs.

When Mira Strauss, Meredy, Brandish Myu, Invel Yura and Hiccup Haddock came into the room and settled down, Jellal let out a breath. They all decided to come. It was a relief – he hadn’t thought all of them would show up.

“This better be good, Fernandes.” Mard snapped. “If you’re raving about your delusions again, this won’t be pretty for you.”

“Why is everything violence with you?” Jellal sighed. “Really, I haven’t even said anything and you’re already angry about it.”

“He has a point, Jellal.” Brandish agreed. “Lately you’ve been a little… off. Is everything alright?”

“I’m fine.” Jellal sighed again. “You’re probably all wondering why I’ve gathered you here.”

“Not really.” Laxus replied.

This caused several gang members to snicker lightly, much to Jellal’s annoyance.

“Hey, lay off him.” Lucina told everyone. “He might actually have something we need to hear.”

Oh, Lucina, you really should do something about this crush. While Jellal had no proof of this, he was certain that the swordswoman had always had an unspoken crush on him. She offered to help him out quite often, and while he appreciated her, he didn’t share her feelings.

“I’ve called you all here today to discuss my feelings about a certain matter to you all.” he began to explain. “What we say here cannot leave this room. It’s secret. And no Tyrian, it’s not a ‘go tell Verity when Jellal’s back is turned’ type of secret.”

“Come on!” the scorpion Faunus sighed as Mard and Dagur snickered at him.

“I want you all to think.” Jellal continued, rolling his eyes at the Trio. “What do you think Verity would do if she were in charge? What would you think if she tried to claim leadership? How would you feel?”

“I’d die.” Invel replied drily.

“We’d become a laughingstock among the MB…” Irene thought aloud.

“Pretty sure we’d all be packing out bags and leaving.” Midna agreed. “It wouldn’t go well.”

“No, it wouldn’t.” Jellal replied. “That’s where this plan comes in…”

“Question.” Dagur interrupted. “Did Viggo write this speech for you?”

Several gang members chuckled at that. Viggo glared over at the other Viking and Jellal sighed once again. Could they not have a meeting in peace?

“So, what’s the plan, edgelord?” Brandish asked. This caused another snicker from the same gang members.

“Clearly you don’t want Verity to be in charge.” Jellal explained. “I can tell, everyone here is ruing the day that she tries to reclaim leadership from me. But what if she doesn’t? What if we manage to get her out of the way? Give her a scare, a challenge that will make her never want to lead.”

“What do you mean?” Meredy asked. “Are you going to hurt her?”

“We have no intention of that.” Viggo replied, giving Jellal a meaningful look. “No one will get hurt from this plan if everything goes right.”

“If everything goes right?” Mira asked. “You make it sound like something terrible will happen if something goes wrong.”

“Nothing will happen.” Jellal replied. “We’re simply going to lay it out for her – she will not lead. Not now, not ever. If she sees she is without support, she’ll cease it.”

“When are you doing this?” Hiccup asked him. “Are you going to wait for her to ask, then strike, or snuff her out right away?”

“And what are you going to do with Midnight?” Laxus added.

“We’ll wait until she shows signs of making this move.” Jellal replied. “This will also give time for her to snap Midnight out of this fantasy he’s made for himself.”

This triggered a silence among the gang members. They looked at each other, as if having a silent mental conversation. Viggo and Ayden were the only two who seemed to be certain that they wanted to follow through with this plan.

“I’m not forcing you all to agree now.” Jellal told them all. “I just wanted to make this proposition. Let you all know, let you think about what you want to do. I trust you all to do what you think is right, and if you think siding against me is right, then, well, there’s nothing I can do.”

He nodded at them all before turning out of the room.

As he did so, he failed to notice a stranger outside the window. They lingered for a second after he left, and then they were gone.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

rainelf13

Oh Jellalu, such an edgelord. I'm glad the new chapter is finally out!

• Posted at:

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

amberpegasus203

Next, they're planning how they're going to off overthrow Verity...

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

dragonwolf2982

From now on, Jellal will be known as Edgelord. (Well, not really.)

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

brownwolf123

*the beat of Korozachisakae's Mysterious Package plays*

Oh gods no...

WHO THE HECK WAS THAT, THAT MYSTERIOUS STRANGER! OH, FOR ALL WE KNOW, THEY'LL GET SOMEBODY KILLED! AND EVERYBODY'S GONNA BLAME IT ON THE PROTAGONIST! PLEASE DON'T BLAME HIM, HE'S A VERY NICE MAN! SOMEONE SAVE US, JELLAL IS STARTING TO BE EDGY! MISTER STRANGER, WHY ARE SO MYSTERIOUS?! EVEN MY OLD FANFICS CAN'T SAVE THE GANG FROM DEMISE! SAY ALL YOUR THEORIES, BUT THE GANG WILL DIE SOMEDAY!

Now that is dedication. She just spent half and hour, maybe more, writing parody lyrics for just one chorus.

*prepares to sing verses*

DO THAT LATER!

PLEASE LET THIS POST!

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

Chapter Three

It had been a few weeks since that proposal had been made. And nothing had happened. Verity had not made any move against Jellal. Quite frankly, several gang members were thinking that he was going paranoid due to the amount of time he was spending with a certain Dragon Hunter.

Lucina tried not to think that way. There had to be a reason behind all of this. A logical reason why Jellal would worry about Verity challenging him. She thought he knew better than to let someone like Viggo influence his behavior.

Then again, she had heard of the man’s scheming nature. Viggo was one to toy with a person’s mind, turn them against themselves. While she believed that Jellal wouldn’t allow himself to be manipulated or influenced this way, one could never know with a man like Viggo Grimborn around.

“You need to do something about this crush.” Zelda sighed. “Everyone can tell by now.”

“What?” Lucina jumped, snapped out of her worries. “What crush?”

Zelda sighed.

“You should confess to him!” Meredy suggested as she gripped Ayden’s arm. “I’m sure he won’t think you’re weird. Jellal isn’t like Laxus or Invel; he won’t give you that weird ‘what the heck’ look if you tell him you like him.”

“What makes you think I like Jellal?” Lucina asked, a little too sharply.

Everyone in the kitchen chuckled lightly. They were trying to cook, but only Hiccup and Zelda were really doing any cooking. Meredy and Ayden were acting like a basic couple, Peridot was being herself, and Lucina was getting lost in her thoughts.

“That’s exactly what makes us think you like him.” Hiccup replied. “Your denial of it.”

“Eh? What if the denial is real?”

“It’s not.” Ayden replied, a small smirk forming on his lips. “It’s Romance 101. Your denial’s the key, sweetheart.”

Lucina felt her face burn as she gave the Slayer a glare. He didn’t know her feelings – what did he know about love? Though that was a bit harsh. The Dragon Slayer was older than she was, and despite his frequent immaturity, the man seemed wise beyond his years.

“Even if you’re hardcore crushing on the guy, you have to admit he’s getting a little paranoid here.” Peridot told her. “No way would Verity challenge him.”

“I’m not sure about that.” Meredy replied. “I can see her putting on the act of innocence and submission and then taking control right when he least expects it. You haven’t been here as long as me.”

“But she doesn’t seem like the type of person to do that.” Hiccup replied. “She seems to respect and care about Jellal a lot.”

“More than she cares for her actual boyfriend.” Zelda added. “I feel as though if Jellal were to just talk with her, she’d cave and just step away with no challenges given.”

“But what if that’s what she wants you to think?” Peridot asked. “The three of us don’t really know her that well. She could be playing everyone for fools.”

“Jellal has to have a reason for this.” Lucina said. “He’s well respected by the whole gang, and there’s no apparent threat to what he has. What’s going on?”

“Probably Viggo getting to him.” Hiccup told her. “He does that to everyone. You have no idea how many times that sociopath has messed with my head in the past.”

“We do.” Ayden replied drily. “You complain about what he’s done to you all the time.”

Everyone nodded in agreement as Hiccup grumbled.

A few blocks away from the house, Midnight was growing increasingly frustrated. Verity was clearly unamused with everything he was doing – yet it was all for her.

“Middy, just take me to a movie or something.” she had said. “Be a normal person for once in your life.”

When he had pressed on and tried to appeal to her some more, she had thrown a brick at his head. Thankfully his deflecting magic had allowed him to protect himself or that woman’s frustration would have landed him a trip to the hospital. And after spending a lot of time there last year, Midnight was in no rush to go back.

Everyone in the gang had been acting off for the past few weeks, especially whenever he or Verity came close by. He suspected they were amused by his efforts with Verity, and that some of the older members like Laxus and Mard were probably laughing about how the tables had turned. Once upon a time he had been in Verity’s position, uninterested in this affection. How the times had changed. How he would give to have her chasing after him like she used to.

You never know how much you love something until you lose it.

If only he had learned that earlier. Otherwise he and Verity may have had more of a chance. Instead he had only given into her when she was beginning to lose interest. Yet he knew it had only been his own stubbornness and pride preventing him from requiting Verity’s feelings.

The mage wasn’t quite willing to go back home yet. He knew everyone would give him those looks. Invel, Laxus, Ayden and Mard would give that smirk and the accompanying look that said “you brought this on yourself”. He knew that Zelda and Mira would give pity, and probably wonder why on earth he kept doing this to himself. And Jellal… Jellal would give him that blank, dead stare he always gave.

Midnight didn’t understand Jellal lately. The two had actually been quite good friends, but after people like Invel, Hiccup and Viggo, who Jellal could relate to a lot more, showed up, they had begun to drift. Now they barely spoke, and Midnight felt that Jellal only saw him as the poor lovesick fool that needed to win Verity’s affections.

It was all his fault. That blue-haired freak had stolen Verity’s affections from him.

Oh, Midnight had no proof of that. Not yet at least. But he had seen Verity smiling at Jellal, heard her practically singing praises about him. This was the start of Verity’s descent into obsession. And Jellal was going through all this completely oblivious.

To make things worse, he was planning something. And the whole gang knew what was going on. Midnight knew it had something to do with Verity – it was the only reason they would leave him out. He wasn’t ashamed of how he felt about her. Even though he enjoyed wide-scale destruction and world domination as much as the next person, he wouldn’t do anything that would harm Verity or drag her into this.

He wasn’t satisfied with being left out. But he wasn’t sure if he wanted to find out why.

Eventually, he knew he would find out. He would have to lay in wait, and be patient until he felt ready to know the truth. Because as of now, he didn’t think he wanted it.

This took longer than usual to write. I apologize for the wait. But this may be my new schedule - only one chapter a week. To make the chapters longer and hopefully better, it takes a while to write them and I hope you can all understand. :)

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

amberpegasus203

Well, in recap, Lucina refuses to admit she has a crush on Jellal, Jellal himself is losing it, and Midnight needs some serious help. Oh, and Verity is more than a little Out of Character. And the new schedule is fine.

I think Jellal wouldn't be having this many issues if Viggo wasn't around.

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

rainelf13

This schedule is fine. I don't mind waiting for each new chapter if they're so good.

• Posted at:

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

dragonwolf2982

I don't mind waiting for chapters.

*Silently places a flower on Midity's grave*

I feel like the gang is being paranoid... But then I'd be paranoid too, in that situation.

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

SQUEE I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO MUSIC THAT FITS THIS FANFIC SO WELL AND FANGIRLING SO MUCH OVER HOW PERFECT IT IS

Ahem. Anyways, there's slight filler in this chapter, but hopefully it's acceptable filler. Also, I may not get a chapter up next week since I'm going to be visiting a friend. I'll do my best, but if I don't get the chapter up, I'll do it as soon as I can when I get back.

Chapter Four

The sky had been called down on the MB kingdom. Everything had come crashing down on them. All due to the works of the Usurper King.

Meredy was screaming, an agonized painful scream that rang in everyone’s ears. Her tears and pleas toward the king fell on deaf ears. It was too late to reason with him.

“She loved you! She would have gone to the ends of the earth for you! HOW CAN YOU DESTROY HER LEGACY?!”

Almost everyone had fled. Other than Meredy, only one person remained to oppose the king. And he was bleeding and battered, exhausted from this battle.

Except he wasn’t.

When the opposition rose to his feet despite his seemingly grievous injuries, two monsters clashed.

Of the three people who had stayed, only two of them left alive.

Verity Evermore awoke gasping. She breathed a sigh of relief, looked out the window at the moon, then lay over onto her side.

~

“It’s been a month, Jellal.”  Invel hissed sharply, giving Jellal an elbow to the side. “You’re losing it.”

“We agreed not to talk about this in public.” Jellal replied through gritted teeth, trying not to draw attention from the people on the streets.

“Doesn’t look like anyone cares about our arrival.”

“That’s what they want you to think.”

The whole gang was in the capital of the MB kingdom. They had been summoned by the Admins, the people who ruled over the MB. They were well-liked people and several of the gang members found them funny, but Jellal knew that at least half of the gang members could annihilate them alone with minimal effort.

“Why would the Admins want us here?” Midna asked suddenly. “We have no business with them at all.”

“Maybe they’re going to lecture us about our destructive habits.” Tyrian suggested. “Because that would suck.”

“What if it’s a test of our loyalty?” Brandish asked. “We’ve been getting rather distant from the MB lately. They might not want us turning against them.”

“Or, maybe it could be something simple.” Irene said. “Like, I don’t know, the fact that Verity’s MB-Day is coming up soon and they’re nice people and want to acknowledge that.”

Her MB-Day… Jellal thought that that would be the perfect day for her to strike and take what was his. It could be her birthday present to herself.

“Earth to Jellal?” Dagur said suddenly, causing the bluenette to jump and glare at the Berserker.

“What?!”

“Why do you think they’ve called us here?” Dagur asked.

“You guys are seriously worried about what this meeting with the Admins is about? Don’t we have more pressing matters to deal with?”

“Matters?” Midnight asked. “Like what?”

Jellal cursed mentally. When the Admins had summoned the gang, they had wanted all of them. And Midnight had quite the reputation on the MB. If he were absent, questions would be asked, questions that Jellal was unwilling to answer.

About ten minutes, the group of eighteen stopped in front of the untamed forests outside the MB. The task assigned to them had been simple – catch a few rogue magic users who had recently stolen an item of great value from the Admins’ palace. As Brandish had said earlier, this could be seen as a test of loyalty.

“Who do they think we are, making us do a petty task like this?” Laxus asked. “They could probably do this on their own if they put their minds to it.”

“Calm yourself, Laxus, this will allow them to trust us.” Viggo replied. “Is that not what we all want?”

The Lightning Dragon Slayer growled. Jellal gave both of them a warning look.

“If these people are in the forest, we’d best split up to look for them.” He explained. “Hiccup, Zelda, Irene, Midna and Ayden. You guys cover the farthest and deepest part of the forest. Invel, Dagur, Peridot and Meredy, you take the part of the forest that’s closest to the town. Laxus, Viggo, Lucina, Brandish and Tyrian, take the mountainous side. And Mira, Mard, Midnight and I will cover the area we’re in now.”

The gang split up into their groups. As Jellal lead his three hotheaded teammates through the woods, he returned to his thoughts. He had heard what the other gang members were saying – was he losing it?

“Have we ever been in these woods?” Mira asked. “The air seems different here.”

“Probably just the rogue wizards messing with it.” Mard dismissed. “Inferior people tend to be extra dramatic to make themselves seem stronger.”

“Funny, you’re always overly dramatic.” Midnight commented.

“Have you been lying to us about your power, Mard?” Mira teased, smirking.

“Shut up, fake demon!”

Jellal facepalmed. People had criticized his team-making skills before. Now, he understood why. He wouldn’t be able to organize his thoughts with these three around.

“Oh, Verity’s MB-Day party is coming soon!” Meredy gushed in excitement. “I guess we’ll have to put the plans on hold until it’s over.”

“Even though most of us are pretty cynical about this, I’m pretty sure that Verity’s MB-Day would be a great day for her to decide to sack Jellal.” Dagur suggested. “If she were to do it any day, I feel like this would be the best.”

“Verity isn’t a psychopath like you.” Invel replied. “Just because you would do something doesn’t mean that she would.”

“I don’t know, Invel, I was telling Ayden about this earlier.” Meredy told him. “She could be faking this whole submissive and stupid act.”

“That would be bad.” Peridot said. “I’ve been thinking about this since you told it to me about a week ago. Verity and Jellal, both vying for control… It could lead to a mini civil war. We’d have to pick sides…”

“Even if that happened, Jellal could annihilate her with one shot.” Invel argued. “While she has potential to be powerful, she can’t top someone of my caliber like Jellal.”

“You do have a point there.” Dagur agreed. “She’d be too scared of him absolutely destroying and humiliating her in front of the world. Because there’s no way this would stay quiet. Everyone would talk about it, and if she fell, it would be an MB-wide humiliation for her.”

“Any sane person would try to avoid that.” Peridot thought aloud. “Hey, aren’t we looking for some bandit person who robbed the Admins blind?”

“Now that Jellal isn’t here, we can talk about how loopy he is!” Tyrian giggled.

“We’re supposed to be catching a rogue wizard, Tyrian.” Lucina sighed. “Can’t you just focus on the task at hand instead of mocking everyone?”

“It’s true, though.” Laxus grunted. “I said I’d help him, but I’m beginning to regret my choice. The man’s going in over his head.”

“Viggo, have you been influencing him?” Brandish asked suddenly. “You’ve been talking to him a lot lately.”

“I may have assisted him with his plan, but his actions are his own.” The Dragon Hunter replied. “If you think Jellal is going mad, then he’s going mad of his own will. I wouldn’t destroy the mind of such an excellent piece.”

Laxus, Lucina and Brandish shared a look. If Viggo wasn’t causing Jellal’s behavior (though the man was a good liar, so this shouldn’t be ruled out entirely), then what was happening? They knew they should be looking for this magic user – but Tyrian was basically on patrol, so they were safe if they were ambushed. He, along with the rest of the Trio of Trouble, were some of the few gang members not told about this little Viggo conspiracy. Tyrian was terrible at keeping secrets, Mard loved spreading gossip around like wildfire and Dagur just didn’t care. The Trio were far from trustworthy people, to say the least.

“Is there something you’re not telling us?” Viggo asked, gesturing to himself and Tyrian.

“Nah, man, I don’t care.” Tyrian replied. “I never get told anything, so I’ve begun to stop caring.” The Faunus then jumped into a tree and looked around.

Lucina sighed. Viggo suspected they were thinking something about him, meaning they couldn’t discuss any of their worries. Viggo’s word was hardly trustworthy.

“Hmmm… something tells me that the other teams aren’t really focusing on their missions.” Irene stated. “Instead they’re gossiping.”

“And you know this how?” Midna asked.

“A magician never reveals her secrets.” The enchantress replied. “Though as Viggo or Verity may say, there’s been quite a bit of filler in this mission.”

“What?” Zelda asked.

“Guys, I thought we agreed that she was weird the first time she did this.” Hiccup sighed.

“Although when you think about it, those teams have members of the Trio of Trouble in them.” Ayden said. “They’d clearly be distracted.”

“Like the way we’re getting?” Midna asked. “Distracted and talking about something else?”

“Everyone knows that the rogue is here.” Zelda sighed. “Why would Irene be sent to the deepest part of the forest? Obviously, the person we have to apprehend is here. That’s why they’re probably relaxed.”

“How considerate of Jellal.” Hiccup grumbled.

“Oh, it’s fine.” Irene assured him. “I can oneshot this person with no effort.”

The group of five headed deeper into the woods. Hiccup and Zelda, as non-magic users, stayed at the back of the group as Irene took the lead.

Everyone jumped when a twig snapped. Midna gasped sharply. The group looked around to see if they could find the rogue. Zelda had been right – this person was here. No wonder the other groups would be so nonchalant.

“Stop.” Ayden said suddenly. “This power… I recognize it.”

Then, there was a flash of red in front of them. Hiccup, Zelda and Midna looked over at Irene.

“What?” she asked. “Just because it matches my hair colour does not mean I’m causing it!”

As soon as the words left her mouth, Ayden lunged forward. His fist became covered in darkness.

And then they saw the rogue wizard. It was a woman, from what they could see of her body.

Ayden’s fist collided with her face, and she gasped in shock.

Then they were both gone.

Next chapter some real good stuff will go down. And after that, I'm a bit at a loss of what to do. Mainly because I'm not sure when a certain someone's death will happen and Ayden's backstory bombshell will be dropped. Because those two things are the tipping point that cause everything else to happen. I guess I'd better do it within five or six chapters. The Ayden thing for certain will be revealed by then.

Maybe it's good that I'm getting a week off. I'll be able to fix everything up by then.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

dragonwolf2982

I know, I love listening to music while I write. :D

Part of me is worried about how quickly Jellal is sliding down the slope.

Part of me is curious about what will happen when he reaches the bottom...

Part of me is just hoping this gets a happy ending...

The filler is fine, it doesn't have to be all plot all the time.

Chara: Hey Irene, high five for being able to break the fourth wall!

...I'm not sure I like the fact that you can break the fourth wall...

Come on, Jellal, at least let Verity have her MB-day before springing the whole overthrowing thing on her!

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

amberpegasus203

Yay, it's been updated! I can't wait for the next chapter!

On a side note, I am quite concerned about how quickly Jellal is going down the slippery slope. And how when the coup actually happens, nobody seems to be willing to oppose him. Not the Admins, not the senior MBers (even if offscreen). 

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

dragonwolf2982

Wow Raven and I said the same thing about Jellal sliding down that slippery slope

XD

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

rainelf13

Wild guess, the rogue is Verity.

• Posted at:

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Thumbnail avatar 5198179887

hawkphoenix123

VERITY

I'M BACK AND I MISSED EVERYONE SO MUCH

Your writing is as fabulous as usual! Holy stars you have improved a heck of a lot over the past few months! It's dramatic and suspenseful and intense, which is exactly how I like it~ 

This is more intense than I like things to be, I'm afraid...

Clearly the people of this message board are... Good at dramatics.

Obviously.

It's good to be back!

I can't believe we're still here.

• Posted at:

Rajani

NightIlannRavenPyreAqPeri

ZerefKan

GlorySadieGriIvyClo

ErisAngSaphMewRQ

LunaChrysNMMAriaSonaSelAba

CynWhirlFWSunSpy

SuiBSSKKSAriOphEtoHiVaRiUmi

RSSayoAyaHinaEveChi

RaIALiMaYu

#Zerjani

RAJANI! :D Welcome!

Chapter 5 may be a little delayed - due to limited computer time, I haven't had much time to work on it. Hopefully I'll get to work on it when I get back from vacation on Saturday.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

GOOD NEWS! Despite my delay, I shall hopefully have the chapter up tomorrow. Unless I die. I admit, I rushed it a little and took out some of the juicy stuff but hopefully it will still be alright.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

Alright, the delay lasted longer than I planned it would, but GUESS WHAT IS STILL ALIVE?! THIS FANFIC, BABY! I had to cut a few events from the chapter, but it's still the longest one, and hopefully it's still enjoyable.

Chapter Five

Ayden’s disappearance had happened five days ago. He hadn’t come back. Everyone was beginning to assume that something had happened.

“He’s probably just planning something stupid.” Laxus had tried to assure everyone on the second day. “You know how he is – probably got lost or decided to trick us all.”

But that had been three days ago, and they had gotten no word from him. People were beginning to worry.

“It’s Verity’s MB-Day party today.” Mira said. “We can’t keep telling her Ayden is planning a surprise for her, because she’s getting her hopes up.”

“We can hope that she forgot about what you told her.” Dagur replied. “She’s Verity – her memory is terrible.”

“I’m half expecting Ayden to show up in the middle of the party and actually have a surprise.” Zelda commented. “It’s something he would do.”

The gang had rented out a large building in the middle of the SAMB town. It would be perfect to host Verity’s MB-Day party, since it had the space. While this gang was small, some of her friends like Prank and Raven had huge gangs. Right now, they were working on fixing it up, making it ready for the party.

“Jellal, are you going to help us out?” Meredy asked. “Without Ayden’s strength, we need yours!”

“One moment, Meredy.”

Jellal was still concerned about what his next move would be. On one hand, this was basically the MB equivalent of a birthday. He couldn’t just ruin it. On the other, what if Verity did want to stake her claim of the gang today? It would be the perfect time, and if she did, he’d have no choice but to ruin it.

Suddenly, the doors flung open, distracting him. Midnight was the one who had opened them, and the man was covered in mud.

“Were you having a mud bath or something?” Mard asked. “Disgusting.”

“I tried to get her a piglet.” Midnight replied, panting heavily. “But the mother pig didn’t react so well.”

Everyone facepalmed. Now this was just being desperate.

Then, another pair of doors opened, and Hiccup and Irene came in carrying the cupcakes. Hiccup looked rather flustered.

“Where were you two?” Invel asked. “Getting those cupcakes took an awful long time.”

“They weren’t done.” Irene replied. “So I started talking to Hiccup about baby names.”

Almost everyone broke down in laughter as Hiccup went completely red in the face. Ever since the Dragon Rider had given her dragon nip, Irene had been stalking him around and calling him “senpai”. It was actually a little concerning – Irene had basically become Moge-ko overnight.

“Someone get this dragon lady a leash.” Hiccup grumbled as he put the cupcakes on a table.

“Believe me, we’ve tried.” Brandish told him. “Leashes are ineffective. You need to full-on chain her to the wall to stop her.”

As Irene began to complain, Jellal glanced up at the clock. Three hours. Three hours before things could fall apart for him.

It had gotten quite loud. There was so much partying and screaming with delight and joy. Verity had invited all of her friends, including Prank, Raven, Rajani, Kagami and Eternity, and their gangs. And some people had huge gangs. So naturally things were out of control.

Tyrian and Dagur were by the drinks, on their fifth cups of punch. Brandish was with them, and she was stuffing her face with candy. Mira, Zelda and Lucina were on the dance floor, chatting with some of the other MBers. Mard was there as well, flirting with a few of the women in the other gangs, and Midna was stalking him. Laxus was giving Hiccup a pep talk about how to handle Irene, who was sleeping outside in her dragon form. Meredy was moping by the cupcakes, probably worrying about Ayden. Peridot was trying to DJ, but she didn’t really know what she was doing. Jellal and Viggo were discussing something in the corner of the room, and Invel was standing near them as though standing guard.

Midnight was by Verity’s side as she took a piece out of the cake. He didn’t even like cake that much, but he was eating it just for her.

“Where did you guys get this cake?” she asked, pushing her hair aside so it didn’t get in the way.

“We bought the cake from the cake store, but we decorated it ourselves.” Midnight replied. “The cake is red velvet, but I don’t know what flavours the icing is.”

“Is this peppermint icing?” Verity asked.

“That’s probably what the Trio of Trouble put on.” He responded. “They wanted to be original.”

“Tell them that it’s great.”

Midnight nearly choked on his cake. Verity and Mard had been a thing for about a week last year. Even after that week was over, they had always been close friends. Maybe it wasn’t Jellal responsible for Verity’s lack of affections. Maybe the Demon King was to blame.

But when would they have gotten any time to hang out? Mard spent most of his time either on Tinder, with Tyrian and Dagur, watching shows with attractive women or being stalked by Midna. Midnight shook his head as he assumed he was just getting a little possessive and paranoid.

“So, Middy, do you know where Ayden disappeared off to?” Verity asked. “I haven’t seen him since you went on that mission for the Admins.”

“Probably got lost in the woods.” Midnight replied. “I wasn’t with him when he wandered off.”

“Is he planning a surprise?”

“He didn’t tell me that, but maybe he is.”

“Is Jellal planning a surprise?”

That question came as a shock. Where had that come from? Midnight glanced over at Jellal, still in discussion with Viggo. Those two were definitely planning something, but it definitely wasn’t a surprise. He had a feeling Invel was in on this plan as well. And… well, everyone except himself and Verity knew what was going on as well.

“You’ll have to ask him yourself.” Midnight replied, looking back at Verity. “Jellal doesn’t tell me anything.”

“That’s weird, you two were pretty close a while back.” She said thoughtfully. “What happened between you two?”

I didn’t realize how much I cared for you until he stole your affections from me. That’s what happened.

Of course, he didn’t say that out loud. Instead, he opted to say, “Ask Jellal about that as well.”

Verity stared flatly at him.

Suddenly, the doors of the building flew open. The room grew cold as wind howled. Silence fell across the room as Peridot gaped from the DJ station and stopped the music.

A lone figure walked into the room. And almost all the members of Verity’s gang gasped at once.

“Ayden!” Meredy exclaimed. “You’re alright!”

She broke free from the crowd on the dance floor and ran toward her boyfriend. But Ayden shot her a steely glare which stopped her in her tracks.

“Where have you been?” Jellal asked suddenly from his corner.

Ayden turned his blue gaze over to the gang’s alpha. “Evening, Jellal. How’s the plan going? Good? I assumed as such.”

This took the bluenette by shock as he stared in horror at the Dragon Slayer. Several other gang members had a similar reaction. Tyrian and Dagur both gave each other looks, Lucina looked down at the ground awkwardly and Laxus and Mira shot identical glares at Ayden.

“Oh, don’t look at me like that.” He sighed. “Everyone knows you’re all up to something. But they’ll all have to figure out what you’re planning. I won’t tell them everything.”

“What do you want?” Viggo asked calmly. “If you wanted to join the festivities, you could have done so in a less distracting manner.”

“Why on earth would I participate in this party?” Ayden demanded. “It’s a lost cause, celebrating something for this woman. She’ll be dead within the month. Don’t waste time on her.”

This triggered fury among everyone. Even members of the other gangs.

“How do you know that?” Eternity asked as her gang gathered behind her.

“I don’t.” Ayden admitted, looking a little less confident than he had seconds before. But he instantly regained his composure and smirked. “But I know people who do.”

That was when another person entered, standing with Ayden. She was unfamiliar to all the gang members, with waist length messy red hair and a red, thigh-length dress.

Out of the corner of his eye, Midnight could see Jellal and Viggo looking over at this newcomer. It was as though they recognized her from somewhere. Midna was having a similar reaction, except hers was less subtle.

“No way…” the Twilight Princess said. “Are you the rogue from the forest?”

A thin-lipped smile formed on the woman’s face. “You didn’t tell me they were observant, Ayd.”

“You’re the one who’s supposed to know everything.” He replied, smiling.

Even though she was far away, Midnight was able to see Meredy quivering in jealousy. Ayden seemed very close with this other woman, but he was supposed to be Meredy’s boyfriend. The Dragon Slayer had a history of being flirtatious, almost like a Mard 2.0. Though he had never actually cheated on anyone.

“Ayden, what’s going on here?” Verity asked. She sounded almost scared when she did so. “You’re not being funny if that’s what you’re aiming for.”

Ayden sighed. “I’m so misunderstood. Why does everyone think what I’m doing is supposed to be funny? I bring a warning with me – things are about to change.”

“So you’ve said.” Jellal replied. “Verity dies, doom and destruction, all the normal jazz.”

“You know what will happen.” Ayden’s red-haired accomplice replies, smiling still. “Do you want to stop it? While you can’t change the future, you can certainly try.”

Jellal seemed seconds away from calling a meteor down on her, but Viggo placed a hand on his shoulder and glared at him.

“If none of you choose to listen, then that’s your own fault.” Ayden continued on. “Just remember what I said when Verity perishes and her gang is destroyed from the inside out.”

As he turned to leave, he shot a hate-filled glare in Verity and Midnight’s direction. She stepped back fearfully.

Then, Ayden and his accomplice were gone as quickly as they had showed up, leaving everyone staring at nothing.

“Well, at least we weren’t lying about him having a surprise.” Brandish commented, causing glares from the rest of the gang.

“What’s wrong with him?” Raven asked as she scanned the building over to make sure all of her gang members were there. “I didn’t think Ayden would ever go this crazy.”

“Yeah.” Prank agreed. “He’s always seemed so cheerful and excited. Why would he change so much?”

Verity’s gang all exchanged nervous glances with each other. Midnight looked over at Verity, who was staring at where Ayden had been seconds ago.

“Don’t worry.” He told her softly. “We’ll catch him and prove him wrong. He won’t do anything to you.”

“Ayden isn’t who I’m concerned about.” She replied, and she looked over to the corner of the room.

Midnight followed her gaze to Jellal. And he certainly believed her accusation. Ayden and Jellal – they were both hiding something. He didn’t know which one could be trusted. Or if either of them could.

The schedule is back to normal now. Expect the next chapter to be out next week as per usual.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

dragonwolf2982

LONGCHAPTERLONGCHAPTERLONGCHAPTERRR :D

Hm, maybe this is the same future-telling person from the show?

Hmmm. Based on my knowledge of the gang so far... Yeah just don't trust either of them.

Also, yay, first MBer mentions!

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

I am:

a Fanwing!

the Keeper!

a writer!

an Icecream!

a READER!!!!!!

amberpegasus203

Yay, the chapter's up!

Kind of concerned about how fast things are going downhill, but at least the party was fun while it lasted...

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

rainelf13

I wonder what happened to Ayden.

• Posted at:

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Thumbnail avatar 5198179887

hawkphoenix123

Amazing as expected! Great job~ Wonder what happened to Ayden?

Your writing truly has gotten better, Verity.

It's been interesting watching both of you grow as writers.

I'm glad neither of you gave up on writing- it's paid off, this is amazing!

Honestly though, Verity, this is so good, I can't wait for more!

• Posted at:

Rajani

NightIlannRavenPyreAqPeri

ZerefKan

GlorySadieGriIvyClo

ErisAngSaphMewRQ

LunaChrysNMMAriaSonaSelAba

CynWhirlFWSunSpy

SuiBSSKKSAriOphEtoHiVaRiUmi

RSSayoAyaHinaEveChi

RaIALiMaYu

#Zerjani

Aww, thanks everyone! You'll find out what happens to Ayden... maybe chapter 8? 9? I'm not sure, but by chapter 10, everything you want to know about him should be revealed.

Chapter Six

“I can’t believe Ayden would do that.” Lucina sighed. “He was always such a nice guy, always trying to help out and always making conversation with everyone.”

“He’s also an attention hog.” Tyrian added. “Loves it when people focus on him. This is probably an attention scam just so people don’t forget about him.”

“You have a point.” Laxus agreed. “He has been a little overlooked by the public lately.”

“That doesn’t cut it!” Hiccup cut in. “He basically made a public death threat. That’s not normal behavior. If he does that he should be locked up somewhere.”

“We’ve all said that at some point in the past.” Mira shook her head. “Honestly, I’m not surprised he would do this. Ayden is… erratic, to put it nicely.”

“Does he have some sort of bad history?” Peridot asked.

“In the gang? No.” Irene replied. “He’s been ok during my time here. And I would have heard about any incidents he caused. I can’t say that he has a good history before joining the gang. He doesn’t tell people about his past.”

“I wonder… was that woman someone he knew?” Midna asked. “They seemed to be very close.”

A grumble came from Meredy at that remark.

Just then, Midnight stormed in from the other room. Jellal instantly came after him.

“Why won’t you just listen for once?” the bluenette sighed. “Midnight, you can’t go after Ayden! You’ve been getting so irrational lately, and we don’t know what we’re up against. You’ll get yourself killed if you go after him!”

“He made a threat against all of us, Jellal!” Midnight replied, whipping around to face him. “How can you just sit with that? If we just sit around and wait for what he said to come to pass, then we’re letting him win. We need to get out there and eliminate him while we have the chance!”

“And we will. Just not now.” Viggo purred, suddenly at Jellal’s side. “We need to let Ayden and his people make the first attack. It will show us what they’re capable of.”

“We’re not talking to you!” Midnight snapped at him. “You haven’t been here long enough to know how we run things! You shouldn’t even be involved in our decision making. You manipulate everyone.”

“Midnight, just hear me out.” Jellal said, stepping in front of Viggo and blocking him from Midnight’s view. “What you’re suggesting could lead to us all being killed. We can’t go in not knowing what we’re up against. I hate to admit it, but Viggo makes a good point. Wait for Ayden to make the first move, then go off of that.”

“I don’t know, I’d personally like to see Midnight charge into this with no knowledge of what we’re up against.” Mard chuckled. “I’d make popcorn!”

This was met with glares from everyone except Tyrian and Dagur. The demon king shrugged before taking a seat with his buddies.

“Look, Midnight, you need to cool it.” Jellal continued. “I know how much you care about Verity, but don’t you think you’re overreacting just a little? With Irene, Mard, Laxus, Invel and the rest of us on guard, there’s no way they’ll be able to get to her. She’s well guarded and protected.”

“You’re all overestimating yourselves!” Midnight replied. “You don’t have her interests in mind! You don’t know her like I do! Verity needs more protection than that! Just wait and see, I’ll take Ayden and all his pals down and you’ll see I was right all along.”

With that, he turned on his heel, long coat billowing, and left the room. Jellal instantly followed, still trying to reason with him. Everyone else just watched them leave.

“Men these days.” Irene grumbled. “Too desperate for love.”

In the capital of the MB, several of Verity’s friends were pleading with the Admins.

“We have reason to believe something horrible is going to happen!” Rajani said as she entered the room. “Last night, a public threat was made against one of your people!”

King Keith looked up from his throne, shocked at the sudden entrance. “Girls, you should have organized a meeting with me.”

“How can we organize a meeting?” Raven asked. “Our friend had a death threat made against her.”

“Lives could be at stake!” Eternity added.

“Tell me the… Wait, how did you get past the guards?” Keith asked.

“Told them that Mard would pay them a visit if they didn’t let us through.” Prank chuckled, holding up a note. “I only had to read the first sentence of this note he gave me and they let us come in.”

Keith facepalmed, but despite his regret, he was impressed by the tenacity of these MBers. He had always thought that his guards were formidable, and if they had been able to get them to back down with only a note from this Mard person… Of course, he didn’t know who this other man was, so for all he knew, Mard was some power-hungry psycho freak.

“Last night, at Verity Evermore’s party, her gang member Ayden told us all that she would die.” Eternity explained. “He continued to say that her gang would be destroyed. We’ve all been thinking… and it sounds like he and others working with him are planning a murder.”

“Are you suggesting that a murderer is on the loose in the MB?” Keith asked. “That’s concerning…”

“Plus we also hear that one of Ayden’s comrades is the woman who stole something from you.” Rajani added. “What they stole could be a part of their plot.”

“What did they steal?” Prank asked.

“It’s nothing that I want to worry you with.” The MB king replied. “Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We’ll do our best to apprehend Ayden and those working with him.”

“He’s an OC, and knowing Verity, he’s probably strong.” Raven warned. “Good luck.”

The Trio of Trouble had been tasked with getting extra protection and weaponry in case Ayden decided to pull anything. Of course, the Trio had no intention of actually getting all of this stuff. Mard had just wanted to leave the house because of all the talking about Ayden.

“If one of us had betrayed the gang, they wouldn’t bat an eyelash.” The demon king grumbled as they drank slushies in a Dairy Queen.

“It’s out of character for him, Mard.” Dagur explained. “They actually expect you to do it. Stop complaining about how you’ve been shoved out of the spotlight.”

“You’re used to being sidelined in the gang.” Mard replied. “I am not. That’s like telling Midnight to stop being a lover boy. It simply is impossible.”

“You have a point that everyone is waaaay too stressed about this.” Tyrian pointed out. “They need to chill! Verity is a big girl, she’ll be able to protect herself and keep any psychopaths away from her.”

“She’s, what, 23?” Dagur asked. “She doesn’t need us babysitting her.”

“Yes, well just because she appears to be a grown woman doesn’t mean that she’s a mature one.” Mard replied. “She and I go way back, and she definitely can’t hold her own in a one-on-one fight.”

“Way back?” Tyrian asked, lifting an eyebrow. “Do explain. This sounds interesting.”

“It’s nothing much.” The demon shrugged. “I saved her life a couple of years ago, and because of that, she invited me to join the gang when she formed it about three years later.”

His friends nodded, though they were clearly disappointed with the lack of detail.

“Anyways, do you think we should actually go through with getting those weapons Jellal wanted?” Mard asked, as he threw his empty slushy glass into the nearest trash bin. “I say no.”

“I would agree, but you know how he yells at us whenever we do something like that.” Dagur replied. “And this time everyone else would be mad at us too.”

“Whichever choice leads to the event of Midnight going to attack Ayden on his own.” Tyrian said. “Because then we can follow him and laugh at him when he fails. Plus we’ll have an excuse to eat more popcorn!”

“Both of you make good points. Well, we have time. It’s not like the world depends on us bringing these weapons or whatever they are to the gang.” Mard sighed, leaning back in his chair. “Ever since Jellal made that crazy plan to take over the gang, we’ve barely gotten any time to relax. We can’t be blamed for wanting to just chill whenever we leave the house. His things can wait.”

“Looks like Midnight can’t!” Tyrian commented suddenly.

“Eh? You still talking about him?” Dagur asked. “I thought we were over him.”

“No, I just saw him.” The Faunus replied, as Mard and Dagur gaped at him. “Pretty sure he was heading into the woods…”

Mard and Dagur looked at each other anxiously. Midnight heading into the woods? The woods meant trouble, and even the Trio avoided them. People only went into the woods when they wanted to be alone… or possibly when they wanted to sneak out and take out a certain OC who threatened their crush.  It was pretty obvious which one Midnight was doing.

I'll hopefully give other MBers, including Tiger, Rain and Kagami, a little appearance here too. In the next few chapters, probably.

• Posted at:

Verity Evermore

QrowTyrianSalem

ZeldaMidnaMiphaLucina

Ayden

amberpegasus203

Things are heating up...and I love the scene where Prank pulls out that note from Mard. Were those poor guards unfortunate enough to have to deal with Mard before? However, I believe it's a bit of a foregone conclusion that the mods won't be able to do anything to  stop the flow of events. And that ending...yeah, Midnight's in way over his head...

• Posted at:

Raven

My element is time

Just another memory... 

Do you believe?

Please...I'm not human.

Rylia, my SA

Thumbnail avatar 2c88e6f1f6

tigerpegasus416

Finally got the chance to read this and I'm proud to say that I am not disappointed 

• Posted at:

TIGER ✧ 

✧ DELTA (wolf) 

✧ BLAIZE (fox)

✧ LUNA (husky)

✧ CLYPTI (dragon)

dragonwolf2982

The tension is rising... I'm nervous to find out what Ayden will do to Midnight and the Admins.

Well, Jellal seemed pretty reasonable in this chapter, let's see how long that lasts...

Wait, I just realized that if anyone is going to derail Jellal's plans, it'll be the Trio of Trouble. They don't really have a talent for following orders...

• Posted at:

I'm Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k17

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian