Thumbnail avatar 9b23d31bd8

pizzapie250

I unintentionally went two or so days without water. Earlier I was sitting on the couch, in what felt like a dream state but I couldn't sleep, and mum tells me I was speaking unintelligibly. Thinking it was a matter of lunch, I ate and drank coffee. Coffee dehydrates you. I went to the store with mum, and in the car, I was confused. The radio was on, and while I normally liked the program, I could hardly understand what it was about. I gave up on that and started writing minecraft-based fiction, but I kept confusing myself, forgetting where things were and remembering them in the wrong place. Near the end of the ride, I noticed my mouth was dry, and I was VERY hot, but not sweating. AC never even occurred to me then, despite a vent right in front of me, because I wasn't thinking right. Not long after entering the store, I drank from the water fountain, but not a decent amount. I'm not entirely sure why. I just felt awkward, drinking for so long. This was before I knew what was going on. Mum had me pushing the cart, and I was still confused, so it wasn't a fun experience. Everyone around me was moving quickly pushing huge metal things, and I was trying to keep pace with my own, and the longer we were there, the more was added, the more momentum it had. The biggest problem was when mum added the water. It was two giant packs, and after they were in, in my weak state, it was hard to control than I wanted to mention. As soon as we were in the checkout I drank one, then another. When I got home I filled my water bottle, too. 

Moral of the story: You have access to water, so pay attention to when you use it.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Clockwork

Female

Hamilton is not your grandmother's favorite shirt, fluff's sake!

Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I take a deep breath and say, The Rojas.

I switch between wanting a sandwich and having a strict dress code with no cause or transition.

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

Dehydration is no fun. This is a good message.

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife

We spent weeks cleaning the fun from the trees. - Karen

pizzapie250

"This is a good message" sounds like something my mum would say when reviewing a kid's show.

Also, when you stand up and your vision is temporarily blocked by a color that is not quite black and covered in specks of what's kind of like sparkles in random places, and maybe you get dizzy if it continues, that's caked headrush and you almost passed out :) and need to drink water. When it happens to you all the time like me, it's easy to get dismissive, but think about it. You don't have enough blood to fit in all of your body.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female

I switch between wanting a sandwich and having a strict dress code with no cause or transition.

pizzapie250

When I got home I had grapes too.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female

Thumbnail avatar 53754a8bf6

artkitten320

Oh my god Clockwork, don't do that! I've passed out from dehydration and it's not fun.

• Posted at:

~Icicle~

~An emo, musical loving,

bookworm nerd Pineapple~

"Middle school boys are like the Black Plague.

Avoid them at all costs."~Mr. W

Solangelo

Nice signature, Icicle :P

• Posted at:

Aphrodite

Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away, no matter what they tell you. Raise a glass to the four of us, tomorrow there'll be more of us, telling the Story of Tonight. 

#Lams

pizzapie250

I didn't mean to. I just didn't realize.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female