I have a confession. It has been a really, really long time since I played the Spirit Animals game -- and I didn’t get very far. (I’m not much of a gamer because when I do play, I get waaaaaaay too into it).

But hanging out with you all has made me want to try it again, and since I’m probably not the only newbie lurking on the board, I thought I’d ask -- what are your best tips for starting out in the world of Spirit Animals?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

Wings of Fire - HBD Qibli! /289233

Ask and answer Spirit Animal trivia /289111

Befriending Shadow House characters? /287852

Horizon anti-gravity device dials? /286456

Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

Thumbnail avatar 0aeee4a9bd

breezemagic7

FIrst!

• Posted at:

Faith

~Carpe Diem~

Queen of Wolves and ravens

"I am the Wolf

Quietly I will endure

Patiently I will wait

For I am warrior

And I will survive"

"I fly upon the blackest of wings

I soar through the dark night sky

I answer no call but my own

For I am the Raven"

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

*cue Ever the time traveler showing up, seeing the post, and traveling back to spread the news*

• Posted at:

Bobcat

Keeping it real since 2014

Proud Mormon!

#We'llAlwaysHaveTuscany

Canada: Flavour

Australia: Flavour

UK: Flavour

US: Flavor-

UK: WHY ARE YOU BEING SUCH A REBEL YOUNG MAN I WILL NOT STAND FOR-

UK: WHAT ARE YOU DOING PUT THAT TEA DOWN

breezemagic7

Umm, I would say start with the easy beginner quests, from the last time I played. (It is best if you do that, because it's not so hard, and you can learn how you shoot the bow, use skills, or fight with the sword, etc)

Then finish it, and you might have collected some gold or stuff like that, so you can buy basic weapons or new clothing if you don't want to wear the beginner outfit you have. If you want your spirit animal to be more interactive, you can go to the room section and play with it. (Feeding, grooming, playing, petting, training)

Then do more of the free quests until you want to progress into the harder quests. If you want to test and see if you have what it takes for the "boss" battles, or the challenging levels, you can try. (Note that a new challenging level will happen every time you level up, stops at level 40)

Then you can do the same thing for the Cavern Quests, I hope this helped, since I haven't played the game in a long time.

(And this is also my first time on the SAMB that I had the first post for an admins form)

• Posted at:

Faith

~Carpe Diem~

"I am the Wolf

Quietly I will endure

Patiently I will wait

For I am warrior

And I will survive"

For I am the Raven"

Thumbnail avatar 85c4a7060f

wolfdragon37424

third person, fourth post!

• Posted at:

Jester H.

Woah, enough with the crazy laughter.  

Some hid scars and some hid scratches, made me wonder 'bout their past

And as I looked around, I noticed, that we were nothing like the rest

Thumbnail avatar 30225b2e5a

topazhamster42

Ignore the "third" part on my post

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Warrior cat video of the week: Centuries 

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

Yes, I'm a Christian

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigsp

I'm pretty sure my guinea pigs take secret fighting classes...

Thumbnail avatar 30225b2e5a

topazhamster42

Third!

Spiders:

-Stun them and then strike

-Use long range weapons

Bears:

-When they rise to their back legs, a red ring will appear. Stay away from that ring.

-Stun then strike

Drina:

When you are fighting against her and her spirit animal, you MUST defeat her in the lower half of the quart yard, or else you will get caught on a tree and you will have to restart.

Skills:

I consider charge to be better than war cry, and health boost is better than decoy.

On versus versus, the one skill where you shoot three fire arrows (I forget what they are called, they might be called aimed target or something) is most affective for killing other players quickly. These arrows also stun them, which allows you to finished them off without losing any health.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Warrior cat video of the week: Centuries 

A member of ForestClan, the oldest rp of the SAMB. The best part is that it's still going.

Yes, I'm a Christian

#Firefox Forever

#Moresigsp

I'm pretty sure my guinea pigs take secret fighting classes...

I have not played the game in a long time, and that was on my game account. I really only have tips for quests.

This is a strategy which helped me take no damage on solo quests. If you see or hear bile animals, stay a good distance away from them so they won't come after you. Then, use your bow to slowly cleanse the bile animals. You will take no or very little damage by using this strategy.

Multiplayer:

If the boss has 'blazing' or something fire-related in its name, beware! The fire they spew is very powerful, and will leave a burn, which will make you slowly take damage. If the boss is a big snake, it can breath fire on those up close to it. Melee battle is not good for this boss. If you see bears standing up, get out of the red radius surrounding them. If you're in the radius, you get slowed down. If the bear is a boss, then red circles will appear on the ground. Stay out of those. Rocks will fall on them. If you see big, orange circles stay out of those. Those are triggered by players but can damage both friend and foe. Blue circles, however, are safe and will only damage enemies.

I'm surprised at how much I remember.

I suggest solo quests to level up and multiplayer to get items. 

• Posted at:

Fizzy.

"Indeed, it is the wrong time to fire your bazooka, Fizzy. Have you no sense of when to fire your bazooka?" -Melon

Signature under construction.

#Firefox.

breezemagic7

Well, I guess I should just spill out my way of playing the game.

.When the Icy Badger starts blinking read, stay still, then when it fires the snowball at you, run to the side

.When a badger or Shadow Stag has a red circle around it, move, becuase they will summon a wall of vines, hurting you if you go through it

.When a lion, jaguar, or lynx has a red charge line or something in front of it (should look like a long triangle), move, because they will rear up and slash at you. Attack from behind

.When a conqueror is about to charge, it should have a red line in front of you, run, and when the Conqueror General starts blinking a yellow color, move and shoot with bow, it will spin around with its weapon and stun you (i think)

.I would have War Cry, Health Boost, Thorn Wall, and if you choose illusion skill, I would do the one with a symbol of a fox's head, if you choose the blizzard skill, use the blizzard to push them back, giving you time to heal a bit or fire arrows at a distance, if you choose the brawl skill, use the one where you pull enemies close to you, then you can attack full on, if you choose the reaper one, use the fire one, just make sure you run, unless it has a blue circle, meaning it won't hurt you, unlike the orange circle. (Run away, fast). If you decided on the Rain dancer, I would use the leech life, so you can drain the energy or health from the foe and heal yourself. Then for the hunter, I would use the arrow, just make sure your foe is standing still

Skills for each Spirit animal and how to use them wisely (to my word).

When using the flaming circle that lights a huge section on fire, use the Thorn Wall, and make the foes run into it, and use the fire circle, trapping them, because their sight is focused on you only, so they will run into the Thorn Wall, while the fire is burning them

When using Leech Life, do the same thing, but stand in the green circle, because their health will drain into you.

Same goes for the arrow, keep the foe in place, and then use Thorn Wall.

Please, Admin Sarah, please tell me your username, so we can play together sometime :)

• Posted at:

Faith

~Carpe Diem~

"I am the Wolf

Quietly I will endure

Patiently I will wait

For I am warrior

And I will survive"

For I am the Raven"

Thumbnail avatar 53754a8bf6

artkitten320

Complete all the heroic cavern quests with Worthy because it'll be easier at a lower level. (Doing it at level 40 like I did when it came out makes the bosses at like level 45) and then you can breeze through a lot of the level quests. And make sure to use the double xp token when you have an hour for it. 

• Posted at:

Icicle

I'm sorry for everythingOh, everything I've doneFrom the second that I was born

it seems I had a loaded gunAnd then I shot, shot, shot a hole

through everything I lovedOh, I shot, shot, shot a hole

through every single thing that I loved

Thumbnail avatar 15f995266f

butterflydusk44

insert the told you do voice and annoying arrogance 

• Posted at:

Ever, a lawful little neutral intj-a 

"but laugh, laugh, laugh, hayden" 

pizza, my twin

#allpeoplearepeople 

id shoot for the moon, but im too busy gazing at the stars 

Thumbnail avatar 08cbf77e00

wolfpaw1527

uh... get a spirit animal you know

get a conqueror friend somehow for backup you know

and you know... chill out you know.... uh...

• Posted at:

Nacho

MINECRAFT

SAMB

ROBLOX            #Hamiltrash

WOLFQUEST

POKEMON

GO

Meme of the day: YEE!

Nacho

Foxcraft

Wolfey

Phillip

Benny

EVERYBODY DO THE DAB

Thumbnail avatar f6b180fa90

pizzapie250

Don't be afraid to run away. Don't waste your money, quest items do fine. On talisman bosses, wait until their attack immobilizes them to attack. Wear the marble swan when fighting Drina, and make sure you can charge because it might glitch at the end so that you have to use skills to follow the green arrow. I forget a lot of stuff, because I'm just getting back into it myself.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female

Hamilton is not your grandmother's favorite shirt, for fluff's sake! It's 30% polyester anyway!

Thumbnail avatar 29e9342edd

wolfbird1019

I would say... do easy quests and build up money, or enter book codes if you want. Once you have good enough items, do a lot of cooperative quests. They help you build up XP and give you a ton of equipment. Sell equipment you don't need for more money to buy equipment you do need.

• Posted at:

~Aura~

Flip-

~Venti~

am...

A Jedi.

A Sorceress.

A Goddess.

"Whoever is happy will make others happy too."

~Anne Frank

Goddess of Imagination

Queen of Wolves and All Mythical Creatures

|Luna|Jade|Alia|Mist|Hope|Faith|

Full gang: /281892

Thumbnail avatar 70e519ea12

mysteryrobin34

If you're totally new to the game, I suggest creating a hero just for the solo quests, simply to get a handle on how to fight and what the feel for the game is. Then, when you feel prepared, create a different hero and start the Worthy quests while you're at level 1. As someone mentioned before me, those quests are easiest at the beginning levels.

Btw, if you have questions on how to defeat Drina (the last and most difficult of the solo quests), head to the Spirit Animals wikia and search for Drina's page. The battle is laid out in detail so you're not surprised. There's also something for Maddox (of the Worthy quests) on the wiki I think, so it's worth looking there for some game insider stuff. 

Hope this helps, and have tons of fun! Spirit Animals is a great game!

Now if only the Horizon game was like SA...

• Posted at:

Anna

SA is one of my core memories. #InsideOut

Joshua 1:9

#BelovedChildOfGod

Proud shipper of:

#Reilin

"Everyone you meet in life is either a blessing, or a lesson."

Thumbnail avatar 1d5eebaa02

sapphirefairy850

Start out with the challenging quests. Once you acclaim armor at least 1 level higher then you are, do the heroic quests. Though you do gain an excess of gold. 

On one of my heroes I ended up 1 million, 607 thousand, 414 gold.

• Posted at:

Call me Llimey or BBand!

Aloha SAMB!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's happened. -Theodore Suess Geisel

Bansk|Sprig|

I currently own 69 common hurgles!

King of Asterisks!

#Jester C

#Randomperson

#Duck

Thumbnail avatar dafb05762d

vampireelf385

.') best way is to earn friends do you can have ppl to back you up in quests, the closer the friends the better the achievements 

• Posted at:

call me Jay-  //(  ) •)*//

The glass is half empty/full

Chocolate has no group, Chocolate is Chocolate. I Chocolate.

Never be normal, Always be original~

Mrs Light

We all are beautiful!

Want to see the WORLD -me 

I feel left out.

• Posted at:

Aphrodite Darkblade-Fluffeh-Eternal Flame

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me for centuries

Just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember  me for centuries

Thumbnail avatar d173870744

jadeelf89

When you're on missions and you have to fight a bunch of animals, take care of the snakes and spiders first. Mainly because they're poisonous. If you have the thorn wall skill, use it to divide the animals so you can fight the snakes. Between spiders and snakes, get the snakes first because they can shoot the poison. If you can, before you jump into the fray, shoot the animals with your arrows (if you have a good bow that is).  

When fighting bears, obviously you need to avoid them smashing you when they rear up. But get close enough to make it rear and then run out of the circle and immediately shoot them while they're still standing. 

I haven't played the game in awhile because I finished it, but I remembered that much. Hope it helps, good luck!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar bd5912deb7

ghosthorse127

As a level 26, I am playing this game pretty often, and I have another account where I am level 40. I remember when I first started and what I struggled with a lot. Here are some of my top tips...

1. To chat, press enter and type

2. Go to your room to care for your spirit animal, and when you do this they get stronger

3. You can not have more than 50 items in your inventory, so go to Mustela (the merchent, next to the armory) to sell some

4. Go to the armory after every quest to see what new, stronger items you can equipt. If they have a green up arrow next to them, that means they are stronger than your current item, but if they have a red down arrow, that means they are weaker.

5. Don't forget about all your weapons while your in battle, you dont only weild hand weapons, use your bow and arrows and powers!

6. Every time you level up, visit Lenori to see what new power you have gained!

• Posted at:

If a dog is mans best friend, a horse is a girls best friend

My horse is my wings, my heart, and my freedom

Never give up on your horse, because your horse will never give up on you

You don't train a horse not to hurt you, you trust them

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

I haven't played the game since my ban, so if there is something recently new, then there's a chance I won't know about it. 

1) Try completing some Easy Quests first, and you should try buying some good armor. (Green arrow: Better than what you already have; Red arrow: Worse than what you already have) 

2) Strengthen your bond if needed before you go on a quest. 

3) If you are fighting a boss or a talisman guardian, you can strike from a distance away with ranged weapons, or use melee weapons to strike quickly, then back away quickly. But you have to be fast, or else you'll get your health damaged. 

4) If your health is damaged, then heal yourself by using Health Boost or waiting out in a safe area. 

5) I've only been in the Rain Dancers and Ice Mystics, so I've got nothing for the others. But if you're stuck in the middle of a fight, then use Blizzard or the Ice Block move to slow down your opponents while you heal (Ice Block would be nice for the other players as well). Rain Dancers could use the Leech Life move to suck out an opponent's health while you heal. (Or you prepare for a more powerful attack). 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami/Whisper (My flipside)~

Galatea Suihane (Shapeshifter)

Silvenia the Air Dragon (Mate with Blaze)

Blaze the Fire Dragon (Mate with Silvenia)

Iris the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Rainbow the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Thumbnail avatar 7af08c7c2b

catamber1354

The quests aren't that hard. It's the lack of what you have that's a problem. Level up a few times starting with simple quests, cooperative quests, or training with your spirit animal. Then earn all of the talismans, armor, etc. in the Heroic Quests.

• Posted at:

It turns out this skin is not named Windsong. But until I find a name, please call me so.

Thumbnail avatar c35ff0bbca

werewolfawesome87

If you have too much gold, and you're trying to get rid of it, you can buy some armor or weapons from the Merchant place. You can also do the challenging quests, which is more costly to pay, but reveal great rewards. (It works for me, trust me.) 

• Posted at:

I am Dillen Sunranger! 

Descendant of Funray! 

(That's my husky character's name. I'm actually Kayla. Daughter of Anubis, the Egyptian jackal-headed god of death! Yes, I'm a demigod, thanks to my father.) 

I'm a Mormon! 

*is still feeling left out*

• Posted at:

Aphrodite Darkblade-Fluffeh-Eternal Flame

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me for centuries

Just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember  me for centuries

Thumbnail avatar ef17cc5c71

amazingdawn82

Wait, you have to fight Drina? I didn't know that.

My tips for heroic quests: Avoid all the animals until you get to the boss unless you're trying to level up. Also, don't do the heroic quests the second they appear. Level up a few times and get better gear. That makes it easier to beat the bosses.

My tips on armor: I personally prefer light armor to heavy. It makes it easier to get away if you're overwhelmed by animals. Also, don't be afraid to spend the extra tokens to get the better armor and weapons if you can't beat a level. If you find a chest with items that require a higher level, get rid of any duplicates.

This makes me sound like an expert. I'm not.

• Posted at:

Constellation

The Keeper

Gang: Me! Snowflake Sea Foam Tigress Sunbeam Hurricane Medicus

I like dogs, cats, reading, and music. Oh, and pandas.

In da Fluffeh family.

"Keep calm and fluffeh on."

These are seriously amazing tips, I'm going to have to set aside some time to play! I'll definitely start with the easier quests -- just getting a handle on how everything works to start sounds good.

Posting this also made me think... would it be helpful to have a sticky post for new message board users, with a link to this thread? You all could also share what all the different message board acronyms mean, and new folks looking for friends could post there? What do you think?

• Posted at:

Recent threads

Wings of Fire - HBD Qibli! /289233

Ask and answer Spirit Animal trivia /289111

Befriending Shadow House characters? /287852

Horizon anti-gravity device dials? /286456

Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

breezemagic7

I think it's a good idea! (Again, please tell me the username you use so we can play together sometime)

Don't beg!

I'm sorry!

• Posted at:

Faith

~Carpe Diem~

"I am the Wolf

Quietly I will endure

Patiently I will wait

For I am warrior

And I will survive"

For I am the Raven"

Thumbnail avatar 7af08c7c2b

catamber1354

That's brilliant! I wish I could've had something like that.

• Posted at:

It turns out this skin is not named Windsong. But until I find a name, please call me so.

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

*Crosses arms unhappily* My ban was taken off, and now I can't level up because: 

1) When I try to exit out of the Treasure Room, the screen freezes, and when it unfreezes, all my progress is gone, along with any items I retrieved during the quest. 

2) Problem 1 happens on every single search engine I can think of. 

3) Problem 1 can sometimes never unfreeze. I waited ten minutes, and nothing happened. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami/Whisper (My flipside)~

Galatea Suihane (Shapeshifter)

Silvenia the Air Dragon (Mate with Blaze)

Blaze the Fire Dragon (Mate with Silvenia)

Iris the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Rainbow the Light Dragon (Child of Silvenia and Blaze)

Thumbnail avatar 50e00dd16a

lightningdragon1850

Keep your bond strong and upgrade your gear as soon as possible. Also, take the highest level quests you can. Use your mouse for most things but while questing keep one hand near your skill keys. generally inventory what you got after every quest and look at stats, not just the arrows and equal signs. sell stuff often and generally keep all legendary and unique items. Switch out your gear after quests if you got better stuff, and choose legendary tops that have similar things to what you have(heavy or light, perks) this way you don't take risks in light armor or focus your strategy on running in heavy armor, which can cause problems. develop a strategy that works well and explore dead ends to get hidden chests and more experience. Always buy unique items when they come up, but for the rest of your gear, upgrade roughly every three or four levels. This means you're not constantly buying stuff and then selling it, but your gear isn't 'behind' my term for having stuff with stats from a level too far back. Since difficulty increases with your levels, its important that your stuff isn't behind.

• Posted at:

Wings of flame and Wings of storm

soon will return

the earth will shake

and the sky will churn

when Pyrhia will return

BonfireFlameWing

EmeraldeyesCrystalWing

Winterwatcher

Cleril

Turljou

Not all those who wander are lost

StormWing

No one is pure evil

Thumbnail avatar 6feb509fd9

lionpaw260

Okay well, this is what I did when I first started:

I explored the place, letting everything sink into my mind so I could remember it. Then I went and trained with my Spirit Animal, I did it multiple times so I could get a lot of coins. After that, I went to the store to get some good armor and weapons I could afford, and then I went on an easy adventure, just to get used to the surroundings and practicing what I had to do. 

Good luck! 

• Posted at:

Sofi (Warning I am weird)

Exotic Butters!

Queen of Sharks, and Bendy and the ink eachine J

Beauties and Gentle Beauties!

*Swimming Le' Fly like a snazz*

Warrior cats, ATTACK!

Thumbnail avatar 5d71bbf7fb

skyscraperarrow12

:O i wanna say something, but i don't know what to say