Thumbnail avatar d48bd13aa5

dragonwolf1595

Miles

- - - -

I didn't think it would be that bad. I didn't think her stepmom was actually that horrible. I didn't think anyone could truly treat their daughter that way.
But that woman did.
It was almost painful to witness Dawn getting viciously smacked in the face by her stepmother. I wanted to help Dawn. I wanted to help her so badly, but I was frozen in shock. I didn't know what to do.
The woman finally caught sight of me and the corners of her mouth crinkled upward into a plastic smile. "Oh?"
Dawn stood up, and I opened my mouth, but had no idea what to say. What could I possibly say? Run away. Come with me, now. Get away from her. But before I came up with anything, Dawn slowly shook her head, her cheek already turning red from the blow. Then, she smiled–or grimaced, rather–and waved at me. I just stared as she was dragged inside.
I waited. I couldn't possibly leave after witnessing what had just happened. How could anyone do that? I didn't understand. Did the woman enjoy what she was doing? Was it even worse on the inside, where I couldn't see?
I stayed outside the house, waiting. There was a sudden scream, and I grew even more alarmed. I pulled out my phone, considered calling the police. I was certain that whatever was going on with Dawn and her stepmom was child abuse, and I couldn't just let it happen. But I hesitated. I had little evidence. Dawn's face, obviously, but her stepmom could blame it on anyone.
Before I could make up my mind, the front door flew open and Dawn ran out, pounding down the stairs.
"Dawn?"
She didn't even glance at me as she hurried by, grabbing my arm and pulling me with her. As I stumbled after her, I noticed that she looked like a mess. Her hair was crazy, her face red, sweaty. There was a wild look in her eyes.
Something fell to the ground, and I stopped and bent to pick it up. Dawn turned, annoyed. "Let's go," she growled.
It was a photo, and I meant to return it, but I examined it quickly and noticed that it seemed to be a photobooth picture. It was of her–Dawn–and someone else. A boy. They both grinned sincerely, and the boy was kissing her on the cheek.
Huh.
I glanced up at her and down at the picture again, even more curious about her life.
"Let's. . .go." Dawn muttered. I nodded and stuffed the picture in my jeans pocket and followed her. Her grip tightened around my wrist as we continued on.
I could see her visibly shaken, still trembling from whatever had gone on in there. It was weird; she almost seemed to. . .flicker. Like she wasn't there for a split second, and then she was there again. I blinked a few times. Just the sun, surely. Maybe the shock of all this was affecting my eyes somehow.
After a few blocks, away enough from her house and stepmother, I pulled her to a stop.
"Dawn," I said softly. "Please, hold on a minute."
She stopped but didn't turn to face me. Her arm dropped to her side.
I paused, not knowing what to say. I didn't want to push her into telling me what happened. If she wanted to tell me, she would. Instead, I placed a hand gently on her shoulder.
"I know I'm still a bit of a stranger, but let me help you." She turned her head to look at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, a white mark on her cheek where she had been struck. "What you've had to endure is. . ." I searched for the right word, "appalling. Horrifying. And I can't began to imagine what it's like, but. . .but I want to help you. There must be a way. . .my house. My house is safe. She wouldn't find you there. I don't think the motel would be safe, if she ever came looking. My parents will make sure she can't get you again. I'll make sure she can't get you again."
A long silence. She was reluctant, I could tell. She didn't want to come to my house. I stared at the ground, waiting for an answer, if it ever came.
"Until school starts, at least?" I added after a minute of silence.
A breeze blew gently, rustling the trees and her hair.
"O. . .okay," she answered, her voice weak. "Just until school."
I nodded. "Until school. Day after tomorrow."
We went back to the library and picked up her bags, and her cat mewed in welcome as she picked him up and hugged him. I carried some of her bags as we headed to my house, which was located conveniently close to the library. Thankfully it was a saturday, and both my parents were off of work. They'd both be at home, probably. Mom doing her saturday yoga. Dad emailing people or working on a home project. They'd be in good moods, I was sure. Saturdays caused good moods in my family. Nevertheless, I practiced what I would say to them in my head.
Hey Mom and Dad I met this girl and she needs help her family is abusing her please can she stay with us a little until she gets it all figured out please she really needs help she has nowhere else to go
My mom was tenderhearted. She'd most likely agree. Dad was more logical. He wouldn't be as easy to persuade, but I was sure I could convince him.
We reached my house in fifteen minutes, and I told Dawn to wait on the porch while I stepped up and opened the door. I walked inside the entryway, leaving the door open.
"Miles, is that you?" Mom called from the den, where she was probably stretching along to her yoga show.
"Yeah!" I called back.
"Did you get those books I asked for?"
"Oh, uh. . ."
Crud. I'd forgotten her books.
I heard Mom heading towards me. "Well?" She turned a corner into the entryway. Her hair was pulled into a ponytail, and her face was slightly red. She eyed me with the look only disappointed mothers can give.
"No, but–"
Suddenly her eyes widened as she looked past me, onto the front porch.
"Miles, who is this?"
I looked back at Dawn, who stared at my mom warily, almost suspiciously. I gestured for her to come inside. She hesitated, but slowly came in.
"Mom, this is Dawn." I introduced. "She, uh, she. . .she needs somewhere to stay. I met her earlier today, and, um, she doesn't have anywhere to go. Her family. . ." I glanced at Dawn from the corner of my eye. She was glaring at me. I swallowed. "Her family isn't in the best position to take care of her. We have that extra guest room. Do you, uh, do you think she can stay with us until school starts, at least?"
My mom listened with wide eyes. When I finished, she asked, "Where are you from, dear?"
Dawn flicked her eyes from me to my mom and back. "Around," was all she blurted.
There must have been something in Dawn's eyes that mom caught, because mom's gaze softened; she smiled gently and said. "I'm sorry about your situation. Of course we'll help you. I trust Miles, and I won't turn away someone who needs help."
"Heather, who's at the door?" came my dad's voice from the kitchen.
"Come here, Daniel." My mom replied. Dad's sigh was audible to all of us, and we heard him coming up the hallway.
"Why did I–" he started to mutter, but stopped as he reached us. He raised a dark eyebrow, something I've been told I do as well. I resemble him more: dark hair, tall, slim. My mother was our contrast. Blonde hair, shorter, slightly rounder. But my mom and I were both ready to convince Dad to let Dawn stay when he first questioned us.
After a few minutes, he finally agreed. He had known people in his lifetime who had had similar situations, and he wasn't ready to turn anyone else like that down.
The guest room was already ready, since we kept it clean and prepared, mainly to look nice. My mom showed Dawn to the room, but my dad stopped me.
"Miles, we don't know this girl at all," he said in a low voice. "Where she us from, what her last name is, or her intentions. I don't know if I can trust her." He paused. "But I trust you. I trust that we're really giving aid to someone who needs help and not a. . ." He trailed off.
I shook my head. "She really needs help. I saw it myself. Her family is aweful."
Dad nodded. Before he could say more, Mom and Dawn returned, and I helped Dawn carry her bags to the room.
"So, uh," I began after setting down her bags and turning to face her. ". . .do you want to, maybe, come to school monday?"

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Even broken in spirit as he is, no one feels more deeply than he does the beauties of nature." ~Frankenstein

dragonwolf1595

Maybe, Blue, if she agrees to go to school, we can time skip to Monday or something

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Even broken in spirit as he is, no one feels more deeply than he does the beauties of nature." ~Frankenstein

Thumbnail avatar 8bf0113d39

dogdragon1303

Ahhh so sorry I didn't get a POV in yesterday. I will try to get one in later today.

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

Waffles eat potatoes. It's legit, M8.

I'd rather stand with God, and be judged by the world, than stand with the world, and be judged by God.

Thumbnail avatar 9e051623c1

ravenfairy134

buwefuwefuisefiueifhmp

• Posted at:

apolaka

some random dork i guess

Mayari

surprisingly has critical thinking skills

Hana

mm, salty

"i am so sorry but you just ate our friend could you please spit him out?"

~morningstar <~~our collective name

cushionstack.com

dogdragon1303

Wot.

Aannnddd once again I'm a huge failure and didn't get a POV I'm yesterday *sigh* I'll do it today. I just have to think one out.

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

I'd rather stand with God, and be judged by the world, than stand with the world, and be judged by God.

dragonwolf1595

Embyr, just do it.

:D

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dogdragon1303

Here goes.

Quentin-

My first class was chemistry (note-I honestly don't know much about freshmen classes...but I'm assuming they can take chemistry?), and already I was wishing I'd found an excuse to stay home. Such was normal, seeing as I hated going places unless there weren't too many people there. Unfortunately, this was a big (ish) school. I didn't know that this many people lived in this town. It wasn't huge, but it was bigger than I'd expected.

I kept zoning out in class, and within fifteen minutes of the class I had no idea what was going on. I'd never liked chemistry or science that much. I preferred things such as literature.

I eventually gave up trying to understand and took to staring blankly at the wall. The teacher, Mrs. Brown, either didn't see me or didn't care that I wasn't paying attention. I closed my eyes for a few moments, then opened them again and glanced around the room, surprised.

Everyone was packing their books and standing up, as If the class was over. But it couldn't be. It had only been a few minutes.

I stood up as well, not wanting to be the only one sitting.

Everyone walked out of class, and I stared in confusion for a moment, then joined them.

-----

Well there. 

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

dragonwolf1595

Bump

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thumbnail avatar 57dacc9791

actorbrainy16

Lexi:

It didn't take too long before Mom got home. She was smiling broadly and humming a bit as she came in, and her green eyes were bright. Her seeming happiness was definitely strange, since she generally disliked going to the doctor and almost always came home from an appointment just a little bit irritated. Not very, mind you, but definitely annoyed.

"Hey, Mom," I said. "How was it?"

"Oh, like usual," she replied casually. Just from her voice, I could tell she was leaving something out. Something big.

"There must have been something that happened."

"Well..." She paused. The next sentence came sounding almost like a whisper, but not quite. I found out that I'm going to have twins.

I let this sink in before replying, "So the family's expanding yet again?"

"Yes," my mother responded, in a voice that sounded just a bit surprised. "But how'd you know? I'm not really showing yet, as far as I can tell."

"I heard you say it, plain as day."

"I didn't say a thing."

Cue an awkward silence as mother and daughter realize exactly what just happened.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The rest of that day and the next were really busy — so busy that I didn't end up having any time to myself until school started on Monday.

That morning, in homeroom, I was talking with Sophia and Grace, a stocky, blue-eyed girl with long light brown hair, about our weekends and such when I decided to tell them the news. The first part was met with whispered congratulations, but the second — about exactly how I found out — left the two of them majorly confused.

"So you're saying," Grace whispered (though hers was more of a stage whisper than anything else), "that, based on what happened Saturday, you think you might be telepathic?"

"I don't know," I replied. "It was really weird, and whatever this is is all new to me, but I think that may be the most likely explanation that allows me to still be sane. Besides, Mom did confirm it."

Before anyone could respond, the bell rang.

• Posted at:

Andra/Emmi Myth-Desitjo-Wilddliw 

Christian †

Actress :-D D-:

Writer => ~

Autistic :'P

Singer ♪

etc...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13

MeJoKeDuAnRaCaAcShLuKaLeOd

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

dragonwolf1595

Bump

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dragonwolf1595

Hello?

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thumbnail avatar 12bc2d211d

redwolf988

I'm still here

• Posted at:

Cassy Lunice

Queen of Weapons

Bump and Elemental Master

Gang:Me, E, C, S, M, F, E, C, L, A,K, Sp, Au, SC, PW, DW, SD, DD, G, Ma, F, T, MM, SS, SW, SB, St, De, RH

#Casper

Full sig @ /283447

dragonwolf1595

Oh no did this die??

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

actorbrainy16

I hope not don't think so.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

Thumbnail avatar 1d10b517ee

griffincat399

I looked at Miles. He looked right back at me. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes. I couldn't resit the temptaion. I had to do it. I kissed him. I half expected hm to pull back, but he kept kissing me. I have never felt like this before. "I love you." i stammered. I have never felt love for someone like this ever. I hated everything about life, but thank goodness he came into my life.

He took me to his house. He made a bed for me on his bedroom floor. I kissed him again. This time it was longer and it felt better than the last. I did not want this to ever end.

• Posted at:

"That's not a worthy explanation,

I know there is none,

Nothing can make sense of all these things I've done."

-Dear Evan Hansen

*Call Me Blue* And then there's Red.

Enemies with the forums. 

dragonwolf1595

Oh my gracious that was quick.

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dragonwolf1595

Wait you can't be serious

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ravenfairy134

Hope I don't get distracted and end this again.

Nathan:

Nothing else eventful happened during study hall.

As the bell rang, I looked at my new schedule. Math class.

I was quite good at math, but I didn't want to go to advanced classes so that I could have some resting time. Given that I stay up late reading books anyway, I kind of need it.

I entered class, and just waited until the teacher stopped droning and said "Right, let's open our books to page 1111..." Why did this math book have so many pages? It wasn't very easy to bring books like these to school on a bike. I looked at my red-headed seatmate--I think her name was Morgan?--who had fallen asleep. I finished the math problems quickly and just kind of stared at her, contemplating whether or not to wake her up before I fell asleep myself.

And then everything happened.

I woke up.
Wait. I wasn't asleep.

I looked around, my long ginger hair bumping my head as I spun it.

Wait.

Long ginger hair?

I began internally freaking out. Oh god. I was Morgan. How the heck did this happen. This wasn't supposed to happen. What happened to myself?

I looked at myself. I was slumped in my chair, staring ahead, my eyes still as green as ever, but missing some sort of sharpness that they always had. I rested my head on the table and stared at myself, figuring that as long as I stared at myself, everything would be alright.

I woke up again.

I looked at the side. Morgan was still asleep.

I looked at my hands. They were my hands again.

What exactly happened?

Yes, I know there was some sort of weird episode where I possessed someone, but why? Why in the middle of class, when I didn't have the privilege of freaking out in case I looked like a madman? Why me and why now?

Did this have anything to do with the "spirit boy" moniker the spectral lady gave me?

I resolved to raid my library on books about fairy tale happenings as the teacher asked us to pass our books forward for her to check.

---

Oh look, a socialization opportunity. You're allowed to bump into Nathan in the library after school if you want.

• Posted at:

apolaka

some random dork i guess

Mayari

Hana

mm, salty

cushionstack.com

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

Thumbnail avatar 2326b9f4f5

moonlightmystery143

oh wow

uh

that dawn pov sure is something alright

• Posted at:

Eris

ill dream a nation of you

a new utopia for you to live in

ill dream a nation of me

a new ambrosia that we can live in

my forehead is bigger than my will to live

#xscurgle

#gunnunftw

#midoraka

#moresigspa

/298740

ravenfairy134

bump

• Posted at:

apolaka

some random dork i guess

Mayari

Hana

mm, salty

cushionstack.com

griffincat399

OH MY GOD *glares at friend* My friend posted that OH MY *slams head on desk* That wasn't me, trust me.

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

dragonwolf1595

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thumbnail avatar 950d10dcf3

lynxadventure425

._.

• Posted at:

.~*{Lynx}*~.

DArkSide

^{Shadow}^

I'mNOTClay

'~Phoenix~'

I❤️Wolves

01/12/17

Always Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and twice as beautiful as you ever IMAGINED.

Queeof: Pineapples Unicorns

Okie dokie loki! ~Lynx

dogdragon1303

Lol!! Well, that's a relief. 

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

Thumbnail avatar 2326b9f4f5

moonlightmystery143

//john cena pokes his head through thread wall// you sure bout that

• Posted at:

Eris

ill dream a nation of you

a new utopia for you to live in

ill dream a nation of me

a new ambrosia that we can live in

my forehead is bigger than my will to live

#xscurgle

#gunnunftw

#midoraka

#moresigspa

/298740

Thumbnail avatar 950d10dcf3

lynxadventure425

JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

.~*{Lynx}*~.

DArkSide

^{Shadow}^

I'mNOTClay

'~Phoenix~'

I❤️Wolves

01/12/17

Always Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and twice as beautiful as you ever IMAGINED.

Queeof: Pineapples Unicorns

Okie dokie loki! ~Lynx

dogdragon1303

:O John cena! *John cena music plays*

Well, I think she's telling the truth. If you look at it, the writing style in her friends POV is much different than her normal writing style.

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

griffincat399

This is why I have trust issues *beats friend with trash can*

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

dogdragon1303

Uh oh John Cena you're needed please intervene.

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

Proud Christian!

"Don't touch my dirt!"

Queen of Lizards

ravenfairy134

poor trash can

it doesn't want to beat someone as terrible as your friend

it has higher standards than that

• Posted at:

apolaka

some random dork i guess

Mayari

Hana

mm, salty

cushionstack.com

actorbrainy16

Meep. 

Has this died?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

griffincat399

WHY ARE NONE OF MY POSTS GOING THROUGH UGHHH *bangs head on wall*

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

griffincat399

hehheh this didn't go through before ;-; *glares at post* -the fourth *takes deep breath*  times the charm. Right?

Dawn

I felt sick following Miles to his house. At least he didn't ask what happened. He didn't ask and he didn't push me to tell him either. I noticed that he wasn't pushy ... I liked that. 

I followed Miles in silence, not wanting to talk after the conversation we just had. I pressed my nails into my palm, trying to stop the tears that would once stain my face again, and I could feel the trickle of blood on my sweaty palms. I bit my lip and tried to concentrate on something else. I tried concentrating on Miles feet hitting the pavement, or the breeze that blew through my hair. Yet, it still took all my effort to not cry.

After what felt like an hour we finally reached Miles house. He told me to wait outside on the porch, so I did. I wasn't really listening to the conversation Miles was having -I was concentrating on not crying, and that took all my power,- but as soon as Miles mother turned the corner and into the entrance way, I wish I did.  She gave Miles a look and then laid her eyes on me. I returned her gaze with a glare, an almost suspicious glare, but a glare nonetheless.

"Miles, who is this?" Her voice washed over me, and I felt weirdly calm. Her voice was soothing...  Like my mother's... I dug my nails into my palms so hard, I almost yelped. My glare had turned into a transfixed stare.

"Mom, this is Dawn." Miles replied, but I continued to stare at Miles... Mom. " She, uh, she… She needs somewhere to stay. I met her earlier today, and, she doesn't have anywhere else to go. Her family... " I glanced over at Miles, and glared as hard as I could, like I was trying to bore my eyes into him. Don't say anything about my parents... Don't... Please... " Her family isn't in the best position to take care of her. We have that extra guest bedroom. Do you, uh, do you think she can stay with us until school starts at least?" I held my breath, waiting for her to say no- half wanting her to say no,- and forced myself to look down at my feet.

"Where are you from, dear?" I looked up, Miles mom was too much like my mother, except for the appearance of course. Her voice, her voice was soothing. It made me feel calm, like my heart wasn't going to explode at any second, like I wasn't on the verge of crying, like... Like... I was welcomed.

I looked at Miles, and back at his mom. "Around," I blurted, and from my voice, I didn't sound so calm.

After a few seconds of silence, she softened her gaze, and smiled gently. " I'm sorry about your situation. Of course we'll help you. I trust Miles, and I won't turn away someone who needs help." I almost let out a sigh of relief, I liked Miles mom... She... She reminded me of my mom... Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing after all...

" Heather, who's at the door?" I heard a voice come from inside the house. Miles dad. It had to be...

"Come here Daniel." Miles mom- Heather, called back. I heard a sigh in reply, everyone did.

I heard him coming down the hallway and I also heard, "Why did I-" He stopped once he saw me. Miles was almost a carbon copy of his dad, but I looked down at the floor before I could notice anything else.

I concentrated on holding back tears as I listened to the three of them talking. I should've listened more carefully, it would have been a good distraction on what I was thinking of.

In the end, I think he finally agreed. Miles mom, helped me bring my bags to the guest room, and Miles came too, except his dad held him back for a second. I entered the guest room, set some of the bags down and looked around. The room was neatly kept; the bed was made, the window was clean, I didn't look for any dust, but if I did, there probably wouldn't be any.

A few seconds later, Miles walked into the room, bags in hand, and set them down. He turned to face me, and I almost instinctively looked down, but instead I looked right into his blue eyes.

" So, uh... Do you want to, maybe, come to school Monday?" I thought about it... Of course I wanted to go to school, only a few more years and I'd be in college- away from this town- away from everything.

I nodded, "Education is pretty important." I sat down on the bed hesitantly, and Miles sat down next to me. Something in Miles face changed, and he looked down at the floor and back at me.

"Are, uh, you... okay?" I looked at him, straight in the eyes, I could already feel the tears trailing down my cheeks. "Dawn, I'm... So sorry."

I gave him a fake smile and nodded. I dug my nails into my palms, I could feel the blood on my hand again. "Its... Fine." I choked out.

I think he noticed the blood of my palm because he jumped up, and said, "Oh, let me go get some, erm, bandaids..." He left the room and I cried silently. 

I laid back into the bed- it... It was so soft... I covered myself in blankets and sobbed. I closed my eyes and tried focusing on something, anything. I didn't realize how tired I was... 

I fell asleep before he got back with the bandaids.

I woke up a few hours later, the door was closed and I noticed there was gauze on my hands, I didn't know who did it, and I didn't really cared. I untangled myself from the blankets, and swung my legs over the bed, and onto the floor. I slowly got up, fixing my dress, and wiping my face. 

I silently opened the door and walked out of the room quietly. I could hear voices not so far off. I listened to them, hiding behind a corner.

"Heather, we can't just let a random stranger in our house! Who knows what she could do?" That was Miles dad- Daniel. I held my breath, and continued to listen.

"Daniel, what do you expect us to do? Tell her no and kick her out?" Miles mom.

"Dad, I saw her get smacked. And then when she went inside, she let out a deafening scream. You can still see the spot where she got smacked." That was Miles. No mention of me crying. Or my hand bleeding. "Her mom died and now she's stuck with her awful stepmother."

"Sounds an awful lot like Cinderella. What if she's just making this all up?" I could hear Miles and his mom sigh. "What if she's carrying a weapon around, who knows whats in those bags of hers? We could just go through them when she's not looking-" Miles dad argued.

"Daniel! That's invading her privacy!" I bit my lip, not being able to dig my nails into my palms anymore. I couldn't hear anymore, I spun around and into the guest bedroom. I was tempted to slam the door, but I didn't. Instead, I closed it so quiet, I doubted they heard it.

Sherlock, was on the bed, curled onto the pillows and I sighed. I fell onto the bed, wanting to cry again. I twiddled with my thumbs until I heard a knock on the door. "S'open." Was all I said.

The door opened slightly and I saw Miles. "Hey," Was all he said. I nodded, feeling angry for some.. Odd reason.

"Thanks... For letting me stay here." That was all I could muster, especially after what I just heard. I couldn't help myself, "But if you want to search through my bags, you should do it when I'm at school. It'd be easier." I glared at him, my eyes narrowing as I felt the whirl of emotions in my stomach. "Oh, wait!" I grabbed my phone off the dresser and threw it at him. "Search through that too, if you don't trust me enough. And you know what? Just kick me out too! Because maybe you shouldn't have let me in here anyway, since I'm carrying weapons." I should've stopped, but I didn't. The few moments I had to show my true feelings towards my stepmother left me wanting to do it more. I wanted to tell Miles that is wasn't his fault, it wasn't his fault at all, but I didn't. "Maybe I shouldn't have trusted you in the first place, since that's how I always get hurt." I let that slip. I shouldn't have said that. I need to stop. I could feel my flustered face soon get covered with confusion and sadness. I turned around, and without letting Miles reply, I walked out of room, and out of the house, not giving a glance at Miles parents. I looked down at my hands, and for a second, they were gone.

Gone? No, just a trick of the light... I just need more sleep. I thundered down the porch steps and down the sidewalk. I needed air. I needed space. I needed... I needed... I needed my mom back.

soooo sorry for not posting in a long time, I was kinda on vacation and ya know I'm also lazy. Also, Edge, can you make her flickering really badly during the argument? Thanks.

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

griffincat399

I messed this post up so BADLY. I.need.to.fix.it. 

hehheh this didn't go through before ;-; *glares at post* -third times the charm. Right?

Dawn

I felt sick following Miles to his house. At least he didn't ask what happened. He didn't ask and he didn't push me to tell him either. I noticed that he wasn't pushy ... I liked that. 

I followed Miles in silence, not wanting to talk after the conversation we just had. I press my nails into my palm, trying to stop the tears that would once stain my face again, and I could feel the trickle of blood on my sweaty palms. I bit my lip and tried to concentrate on something else. I tried concentrating on Miles feet hitting the pavement, or the breeze that blew through my hair. Yet, it still took all my effort to not cry.

After what felt like an hour we finally reached Miles house. He told me to wait outside on the porch, so I did. I wasn't really listening to the conversation Miles was having -I was concentrating on not crying, and that took all my power,- but as soon as Miles mother turned the corner and into the entrance way, I wish I did.  She gave Miles a look and then laid her eyes on me. I returned her gaze with a glare, an almost suspicious glare, but a glare nonetheless.

"Miles, who is this?" Her voice washed over me, and I felt weirdly calm. Her voice was Soothing... Like my mothers... I dug my nails into my palms so hard, I almost yelped. My glare had turned into a transfixed stare.

"Mom, this is Dawn." Miles replied, but I continued to stare at Miles... Mom. " She, uh, she… She needs somewhere to stay. I met her earlier today, and, she doesn't have anywhere else to go. Her family... " I glanced over at Miles, and glared as hard as I could, like I was trying to bore my eyes into him. Don't say anything about my parents... Please... Don't. " Her family isn't in the best position to take care of her. We have that extra guest bedroom. Do you, uh, do you think she can stay with us until school starts at least?" I held my breath, waiting for her to say no- half wanting her to say no,- and forced myself to look down at my feet.

"Where are you from, dear?" I looked up, Miles mom was too much like my mother, except for the appearance of course. Her voice, her voice was soothing. It made me feel calm, like my heart wasn't going to explode at any second, like I wasn't on the verge of crying, like... Like... I was welcomed.

I looked at Miles, and back at his mom. "Around," I blurted, and from my voice, I didn't sound so calm.

After a few seconds of silence, she softened her gaze, and smiled gently. " I'm sorry about your situation. Of course we'll help you. I trust Miles, and I won't turn away someone who needs help." I almost let out a sigh of relief, I liked Miles mom... She... She reminded me of my mom... Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing after all...

" Heather, who's at the door?" I heard a voice come from inside the house. Miles dad. It had to be...

"Come here Daniel." Miles mom- Heather, called back. I heard a sigh in reply, everyone did.

I heard him coming down the hallway and I also heard, "Why did I-" He stopped once he saw us. Once he saw me. Miles was almost a carbon copy of his dad, but I looked down at the floor before I could notice anything else.

I concentrated on holding back tears as I listened to the three of them talking. I should've listened more carefully, it would have been a good distraction on what I was thinking of.

In the end, I think he finally agreed. Miles mom, helped me bring my bags to the guest room, and Miles came too, except his dad held him back for a second. I entered the guest room, set some of the bags down and looked around. The room was neatly kept; the bed was made, the window was clean, I didn't look for any dust, but if I did, there probably wouldn't be any.

A few seconds later, Miles walked into the room, bags in hand, and set them down. He turned to face me, and I almost instinctively looked down, but instead I looked right into his blue eyes.

" So, uh... Do you want to, maybe, come to school Monday?" I thought about it... Of course I wanted to go to school, only a few more years and I'd be in college- away from this town- away from everything.

I nodded, "Education is pretty important." I sat down on the bed hesitantly, and Miles sat down next to me. Something in Miles face changed, and he looked down at the floor and back at me.

"Are, uh, you... okay?" I looked at him, straight in the eyes, I could already feel the tears trailing down my cheeks. "Dawn, I'm... So sorry."

I gave him a fake smile and nodded. I dug my nails into my palms, I could feel the blood on my hand again. "Its... Fine." I choked out.

I think he noticed the blood of my palm because he jumped up, and said, "Oh, let me go get some, erm, bandaids..." He left the room and I cried silently. 

I laid back into the bed- it... It was so soft... I covered myself in blankets and sobbed. I closed my eyes and tried focusing on something, anything. I didn't realize how tired I was... 

I woke up a few hours later, the door was closed and I noticed there was gauze on my hands, I didn't know who did it, and I didn't really cared. I untangled myself from the blankets, and swung my legs over the bed, and onto the floor. I slowly got up, fixing my dress, and wiping my face. 

I silently opened the door and walked out of the room quietly. I could hear voices not so far off. I listened to them, hiding behind a corner.

"Heather, we can't just let a random stranger in our house! Who knows what she could do?" That was Miles dad- Daniel. I held my breath, and continued to listen.

"Dad, I saw her get smacked. And then when she went inside, she let out a deafening scream. You can still see the spot where she got smacked." That was Miles. No mention of me crying. Or my hand bleeding. "Her mom died and now she's stuck with her awful stepmother."

"Sounds an awful lot like Cinderella. What if she's just making this all up?" I could hear Miles and his mom sigh. "What if she's carrying a weapon around, who knows whats in those bags of hers? We could just go through them when she's not looking-" Miles dad argued.

"Daniel! That's invading her privacy!" I bit my lip, not being able to dig my nails into my palms anymore. I couldn't hear anymore, I spun around and into the guest bedroom. I was tempted to slam the door, but I didn't. Instead, I closed it so quiet, I doubted they heard it.

Sherlock, was on the bed, curled onto the pillows and I sighed. I fell onto the bed, wanting to cry again. I twiddled with my thumbs until I heard a knock on the door. "S'open." Was all I said.

The door opened slightly and I saw Miles. "Hey," Was all he said. I nodded, feeling angry for some.. Odd reason.

"Thanks... For letting me stay here." That was all I could muster, especially after what I just heard. I couldn't help myself, "But if you want to search through my bags, you should do it when I'm at school. It'd be easier." I glared at him, my eyes narrowing as I felt the whirl of emotions in my stomach. "Oh, wait!" I grabbed my phone off the dresser and threw it at him. "Search through that too, if you don't trust me enough. And you know what? Just kick me out too! Because maybe you shouldn't have let me in here anyway, since I'm carrying weapons." I should've stopped, but I didn't. The few moments I had to show my true feelings towards my stepmother left me wanting to do it more. I wanted to tell Miles that is wasn't his fault, it wasn't his fault at all, but I didn't. "Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you that I'm making this all up too!" I wasn't really the person to lash out, but now... I think I was. "Maybe I shouldn't have trusted you in the first place, since that's how I always get hurt." I let that slip. I shouldn't have said that. I need to stop. I could feel my flustered face soon get covered with confusion and sadness. I turned around, and without letting Miles reply, I walked out of room, and out of the house, not giving a glance at Miles parents. I looked down at my hands, and for a second, they were gone.

Gone? No, just a trick of the light... I just need more sleep. I thundered down the porch steps and down the sidewalk. I needed air. I needed space. I needed... I needed... I needed my mom back.

well. Now you got doubles. I'm too tired to care :D 

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

griffincat399

I messed this post up so BADLY. Yayyyyy

Dawn

I followed Miles in silence, not wanting to talk after the conversation we just had. I press my nails into my palm, trying to stop the tears that would once stain my face again, and I could feel the trickle of blood on my sweaty palms. I bit my lip and tried to concentrate on something else. I tried concentrating on Miles feet hitting the pavement, or the breeze that blew through my hair. Yet, it still took all my effort to not cry.

"Miles, who is this?" Her voice washed over me, and I felt weirdly calm. Her voice was soothing... Like my mothers  .. I dug my nails into my palms so hard, I almost yelped. My glare had turned into a transfixed stare.

"Mom, this is Dawn." Miles replied, but I continued to stare at Miles... Mom. " She, uh, she… She needs somewhere to stay. I met her earlier today, and, she doesn't have anywhere else to go. Her family... " I glanced over at Miles, and glared as hard as I could, like I was trying to bore my eyes into him. Don't say anything about my parents... please... Don't.. " Her family isn't in the best position to take care of her. We have that extra guest bedroom. Do you, uh, do you think she can stay with us until school starts at least?" I held my breath, waiting for her to say no- half wanting her to say no,- and forced myself to look down at my feet.

"Where are you from, dear?" I looked up, Miles mom was too much like my mother, except for the appearance of course. Her voice, her voice was soothing. It made me feel calm, like my heart wasn't going to explode at any second, like I wasn't on the verge of crying, like... Like... I was welcomed. 

I heard him coming down the hallway and I also heard, "Why did I-" He stopped once he saw us. Once he saw me. Miles was almost a carbon copy of his dad, but I looked down at the floor before I could notice anything else.

I concentrated on holding back tears as I listened to the three of them talking. I should've listened more carefully, it would have been a good distraction on what I was thinking of.

The door opened slightly and I saw Miles. "Hey," Was all he said. I nodded, feeling angry for some.. Odd reason.

"Thanks... For letting me stay here." That was all I could muster, especially after what I just heard. I couldn't help myself, "But if you want to search through my bags, you should do it when I'm at school. It'd be easier." I glared at him, my eyes narrowing as I felt the whirl of emotions in my stomach. "Oh, wait!" I grabbed my phone off the dresser and threw it at him. "Search through that too, if you don't trust me enough. And you know what? Just kick me out too! Because maybe you shouldn't have let me in here anyway, since I'm carrying weapons." I should've stopped, but I didn't. The few moments I had to show my true feelings towards my stepmother left me wanting to do it more. I wanted to tell Miles that is wasn't his fault, it wasn't his fault at all, but I didn't. "Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you that I'm making this all up too!" I wasn't really the person to lash out, but now... I think I was. "Maybe I shouldn't have trusted you in the first place, since that's how I always get hurt." I let that slip. I shouldn't have said that. I need to stop. I could feel my flustered face soon get covered with confusion and sadness. I turned around, and without letting Miles reply, I walked out of room, and out of the house, not giving a glance at Miles parents. I looked down at my hands, and for a second, they were gone.

well. Now you got doubles. I'm too tired to care :D 

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

griffincat399

Well now there's going to be triples. Yay. The forums hate me today. Ughhh just ignore the first one and the last one if there's triples.

• Posted at:

I know there is none,

-Dear Evan Hansen

Enemies with the forums. 

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

dragonwolf1595

So the middle one is the correct one? They all seem the same to me.

• Posted at:

Edge oNight

~Edge~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 6 ,