lol i was supposed to get this rp out like.a month or two ago
Everyone believes in witches, but nobody knows who really are and aren't the witches. They're paranoid about them; they're constantly searching for a way to get rid of them. However, they keep getting the wrong people, only accusing normal humans of the craft. What they don't know is that the real witches have been under their noses the entire time, using their magic to hide in plain sight. If you read this, put "Salem" in extra. A short ways from most of civilization, in the middle of the woods, a gang of witches live. The real ones, not the falsely accused "witches", and people only know of their magic if the witches want them to. These witches live out some amount of their daily lives among humans and, if any of the accused "witches" need help from the real ones, they only need ask. The only price is their secret.
TYPES OF WITCHES
(blue-grey ones are either taken or saved)
1. The Kitchen Witch: Works their magic through "kitchen work" such as cooking and brewing. An avid healer, they are skilled with herbs and potions. Also being a witch of the house, they are able to imbue magic into things through housework and mundane tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and similar activities.
2. The Green Witch: Uses plants and herbs to do magic. With vast knowledge and skill with flowers, herbs, and all kinds of greenery, they are strongly connected to the earth and nature. They are also a strong healer, more so than the kitchen witch when it comes to herbs. They often refer to herbs and other plants when it comes to medicinal and magical uses, and it works wonders due to their skill in plant-based magic. [Saved for Cassy]
3. The Fire Witch: Focuses towards the element of fire in their magic. They are connected to fire and will often use it for their magic, from candles to bonfires to burning objects, as well as things such as ash and symbols associated with the element. As well as working with fire, they are also mastered in the art of grey witchcraft and keeping the balance between good and evil magic, with fire being easily purifying along with easily destructive.
4. The Earth Witch: Connected with the element of earth. They have a strong appreciation of the earth and work through the element of earth for their magic, using things such as symbols associated with the earth and items collected from the natural world such as rocks and soil. They also have a slight connection with earth-associated spirit creatures such as fauns and satyrs, goblins, gnomes, etc.
5. The Air Witch: Magic specifically focuses on the element of air. They work using wind-related objects and tools (such as the wand), along with symbols and such associated with the wind and sky. They have a connection with the air, wind, and sky. They can also worth using things such as smoke, feathers, and hand fans. Musical instruments such as flutes and horns could also be used for the air witch's magic. [Saved for Storm]
6. The Sea Witch: Specializes in water-based magic and is able to affect many aspects of nature related to water. They will use water of any sort to practice their magic, ranging from the open ocean to a tub of water in front of them. They can also utilize tools and items from or related to the sea, such as sand, shells, and driftwood. A grey witch, they are associated with a strong and powerful force of nature and are skilled in keeping the balance between good and bad magic more so than most if not all than the other witches.
7. The Hedge Witch: An astral witch, they work with spiritual- and dream-based magic. They focus around spirits and specialize in methods of magic involving spirits and astral magic such as dreams, healing, and out-of-body experiences. Similar to the divination witch, they are skilled in interpreting dreams and decoding messages and symbols in them, but focus more on the big picture. [Saved for Silver]
8. The Storm Witch: Able to channel their magic through the weather. They are able to work their magic through storms and the combined energy of the storm's energy and their own. With a connection to the storms and weather, they do and can do things such as predict the weather, collect rain and/or snow, and provide protection to an area from upcoming storms and natural disasters as well as cursing them with the opposite. They are also skilled with wand work, especially with branches collected after storms. [Saved for Storm]
9. The Faerie Witch: Communicates and works with the fey to do their magic. Their work stresses and places importance towards the fey, and all varieties of them at that, though the faerie witch definitely has their individual favorites. They have a close relationship and connection with the fey, and a similar relationship with nature in general in the same vein. [Taken by Me]
10. The Art Witch: Works magic through artwork and other skills related to arts and crafts. They work in a way similar to the kitchen witch, except through drawing, building, and generally creating rather than through potions, cleaning, and other housework. They may imbue magic into their creations or enchant supplies to make the job easier.
11. The Music Witch: Works their magic through instruments, rhythm, singing, and other music-related things. They will often do things such as singing chants and spells, or imbuing magic into songs and instruments. They are skilled in rhythm- and song-based magic, as well as energy work.
12. The Literary Witch: Practices magic through the use of books and writing. They are fond of book-based magic and are skilled with things such as spellbooks, using them heavily even beyond the beginner stage of their training and magic. They also heavily use sigils and ancient languages, being fluent in several languages and having rather strong and effective sigils due to practice.
13. The Lunar Witch: Works their magic with the moon, planets, and stars. They more or less honor and respect these bodies and have a vast knowledge of them and their different meanings and energies. Their powers are stronger in the night due to easier access and may favor casting in the night, ad their magic can be worked through stuff such as astrology and horoscopes as well as the planets themselves.
14. The Crystal Witch: Works with crystals and stones to do magic. They have an extensive knowledge of different stones and their meanings due to their practices. They do any magic involving crystals, including crystal meditation or chakra magic, along with practices like scrying and crystal-based healing. [Saved for Cassy]
15. The Death Witch: Works with spirits, bones/blood, and necromancy. They can use spirits to empower themselves and can communicate with and summon them, and will work their magic through things such as blood, bone, and findings from graveyards. Talking to the dead is a common practice, along with sacrifices and such to spirits, and they have a connection to the dead. [Taken by Me]
16. The Divination Witch: Skilled and focused towards the art of divination in their magic. They may work with all forms of divination, from astrology to scrying and tarot. They are skilled with divination and things related to it, though they have their favorite methods that work better for them than others as an individual, and have a knack for being able to predict the near and/or distant future.
1. This is not meant to be based on witch trials, witchcraft, or colonial times, and mistakes are inevitable. I did research and creative liberties were taken. Please don't feel the need to correct me on big things in lore or history. However, if you have small suggestions based on such, feel free to chime in.
2. This takes place during early colonial times (around 1600s) so please try to stay true to the time period to the best of your ability, aside from things like dialect and word choice.
3. Witches can be of either gender of course.
4. The magic isn't necessarily elemental/kinetic magic, more of a means of doing general magic. For example, the fire witch doesn't control fire, rather they use fire and fire-related things to cast magic. They do have some sort of weird connection with it, though, and through that connection can have some small related powers (again, not elemental, but things like the fire witch not being burned as easily/having a bit of tolerance to fire or the storm witch being able to predict the weather) that are up to you to pick. Of course, whoever have the storm witch and fire witch don't have to do those things, they were mere examples.
5. The witches live in a little cottage-type place a short ways into the forest from the nearest city, and no one knows they're there besides the accused witches, who are given some sort of sign to go there. However, they do go into the town every once in a while for both work helping the accused (they get paid to do it and it works as a sort of job) and for normal errands and such tasks.
1. In terms of what's allowed in POVs, anything goes. That means shipping (though they all will likely clash horribly), inter-character conflicts (like I said, they all have drastically different personalities and interpretations on the whole superhero thing, so lots of conflict), censored swearing, etc. It adds some extra spice to the RP which is always good. Just be sure to not let it take over the RP and you're good to go.
2. Please remove parentheses from forms, just to keep things neat.
3. Please try to be as active as you can and make it clear if you have to go an extended time (I'd say over a week) without posting.
4. Please try to be descriptive and make a unique character, especially with the appearance and personality. I will not accept descriptions like "black hair green eyes tall" or "kind, friendly, can be dramatic" and I will definitely not accept "POV" unless I say otherwise.
5. This ties in with the above point. No perfect or overly good characters, no cinnamon rolls, no angels. At the same time, no edge masters, no woe is me pity parties. No one-sided caricatures, and keep tragic backstories to a minimum.
6. When writing other characters, portray them as accurately as possible. This is why I ask that you be descriptive, so the characters act as intended.
7. You are allowed to have up to two witch characters, and then human and accused witch spots are unlimited as they'll be more side characters. Depending on how well this goes, I might allow people to have up to three witch spots.
> Name: (full)
> Nicknames and such: (dont need to include the "_ witch" thing but they do use them as aliases so that no one knows their identities)
> Weapons/Fighting: (keep this grounded in reality)
> Skills: (" " also no declaring "best _")
> Power/Spot: (their type of magic, and any of the small abilities you want to add) (for humans, mention that theyre a human here)
> Personality: (please try to explain how they think and act rather than just listing words, preferably in the form of a few sentences)
> Strengths: (3-5, none too big/broad and no declaring "best _")
> Weaknesses: (3-5, all significant)
> Hair: (color, length, style, etc)
> Skin: (color, abnormalities/imperfections, markings, etc)
> Clothes: (the type of clothes they typically wear, preferably general stuff rather than a single outfit)
> Gear: (anything they carry that helps them carry on their lives and do witchcraft)
> Bio: (average-sized paragraph about their upbringing)
> Name: Amity Isabella Rouse
> Nicknames and such: N/A
> Age: 12 (youngest)
> Gender: F
> Family: William Rouse (father, deceased), Helena Rouse (mother, deceased)
> Weapons/Fighting: A staff made from a fallen tree branch
> Skills: Skilled in deception, trickery, and similar acts of mischief; a good gardener, though practically nothing compared to the kitchen/green witches, and a good herbalist in that same vein; avid collector due to collecting things for faerie offerings; good at reading people and figuring out secrets
> Power/Spot: Faerie witch. She has a connection to faeries and (though less so) elves, and they often help her out in small ways without expecting offerings or anything in return, but only small tasks
> Personality: At first, Amity seems innocent, naive, and sweet. However, she begins to show a rather mischievous and clever side to her the more you get to know her. She's an optimist, in her own demented way, and can come across as naive at times. With this, though, she tends to be very nonchalant about creepy thoughts and other such demented behaviors. She is very observant and quite the eavesdropper, finding out lots of information about other people by reading the person or finding out secrets through some means or another. As such, she will often use these secrets for her personal gain as an incentive to do different things. She can be very manipulative and cunning in this sense, and is the type of kid who can come across as sweet and innocent, but then turn an evil leaf if you wrong her enough.
> Likes: Music, shiny things, adventures, scary stories, cats
> Dislikes: Heat, big words, rain, sappiness, puns
> Strengths: Observant, charming and sweet, knows how to get what she wants, cunning
> Weaknesses: Mischievous, a little devil, manipulative, very demented and strange mindset
> Hair: Waist-length, sandy blonde, straight, usually worn in a pair of braids or a bun
> Eyes: Light hazel
> Skin: Fair, freckled
> Body: Small and nimble
> Face: Round face, hooded eyes, button nose
> Clothes: Usually wears earth-tones, mostly green and white with some browns here and there; tends to wear simple dresses with a few accessory-type things, and will usually tie up her dress for mobility when she's not in town; tends to wear a brown sash around her waist with a thin rope that has a silver decorative buckle-thing, as well as a headband to hold back her hair, as well as a white knee-length cloak with brown trim and a brown cord tie; never wears shoes; always wears a thin white ribbon tied in a bow around her wrist, from her mother
> Gear: Always has random items and such (buttons, dried flowers and leaves, feathers, ribbons, things like that) scattered around her room and on her person, to use as faerie offerings
> Bio: Amity lived a quiet first few years of her life, the only child to a couple by the names of William and Helena Rouse. Her parents always enjoyed the outdoors and, despite the bad medicine and such, would often go exploring through the woods near their small town. One time, when Amity was eight, they decided to take her along on a camping trip for the first time rather than leaving her with her aunt. The parents, on this trip, grew sick and died in the middle of the woods. She was ill as well for a brief time, but due to getting the faeries to help her out - she had been practicing witchcraft for a while and was always trying to get into the faerie variety, but never really had much direct contact with the fey - she managed to survive through the illness, as well as through the rest of her life later on. For the rest of her life, she lived in the woods, getting by with the help of the fey. She would occasionally sneak into civilization and steal the bare minimum of supplies that she needed, but that was only a rare thing if she absolutely needed. About a year or two ago was when she stumbled upon an old cottage in the middle of the woods, one stormy night, and decided to take shelter there in the storm. It was only a matter of time until she was discovered by the owner of the house, a witch who turned out to be the "leader" of sorts of a witch gang. She later joined the group after some hesitation, and is one of the newest members (if not the newest) having been there about a year.
> Name: Primrose Elizabeth Manifold
> Nicknames and such: Occasionally shortened to Prim but not often
> Age: 22
> Gender: F
> Family: Richard Manifold (father, deceased), Lydia Manifold (mother, deceased), Emanuel Manifold (brother, missing)
> Weapons/Fighting: Carries a knife on her for her magic as well as hunting and such, not so great at using it for things besides that and self defense
> Power/Spot: Death witch. She likes to summon spirits just to complain to them and tends to wish death upon people, not realizing it actually happens on occasion
> Personality: Primrose is a very blunt and bitter person. She has little to no filter and will near always say what's on her mind, being pretty insensitive. Her view of life is very nihilistic, and so she doesn't really care about much of anything besides the other witches to some extent. She only begrudgingly did the whole witch gang thing and took on the motherly role, and now she's stuck with it.
> Likes: Nighttime (near nocturnal), fine art, cold breezes, weaponry (would like to get her hands on ancient weapons if she could)
> Dislikes: Most living people really, rocks, being inside, sudden noises
> Strengths: Says it like it is, commanding,
> Weaknesses: Anger issues, insensitive,
> Hair: Long, wavy, dark brown, usually worn in a part-up or tight braid bun
> Eyes: Grey
> Skin: Very pale with bags and dark circles under eyes
> Body: Average build, rather tall
> Face: Bony and narrow
> Clothes: Tends to wear dark colors, not black, but dark. Her clothes tend to be slightly tattered and torn to varying degrees and often have blood and such stained on them, and she wears the dark clothes to hide them. She does, however, have a couple dresses that she wears when going into town, though she rarely does so. She enjoys wearing long and flowing stuff and is a sucker for baggy sleeves. She has a pair of black riding boots that are actually really comfortable due to how broken in they are.
> Gear: Carries a dagger in her boot, small vials of human and animal blood for magical uses, small chunks of bone and small whole bones (small things as in things like finger bones and such)
> Bio: Primrose grew up in a cottage in the middle of the woods, the one the witches now live in. They would go into the nearby villages every once in a while but mostly lived on their own, and they lived there so that the parents could devote their life to studies and such. One day, when Prim was fourteen, her parents went into town and then never returned. She and her brother later figured out that they had been killed, falsely accused to be witches, though Primrose was the only witch in the family. From this, she insisted that her brother change his name to keep from being recognized, leave, and get as far away as possible. She would stay back because she could hide her magic. She lived alone in the cottage for a few more years, until one day another person (yall can decide who the person is and write their side of t
Extra: Salem. Occasionally assumed to be a vampire, though never a witch.
//cries// this was such a huge post this better go through
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
✷☾ ERIS ☾✷
WRITING MOM ✷ CAT DEALER
-my forehead is bigger than my will to live-
our hopes and expectations
black holes and revelations
we're a city of orphans
who had nowhere to go