tricksterangel48

bump

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ceol // Archer [flip.]

libra // hufflepuff // infp-t // spn family // stormer

miscasdandeajensamjarcha

"i want to live in a world where normal is an insult." -misha

if i go crazy, will you still call me superman?

i'm still alive

but i'm barely breathing

Thumbnail avatar 9cf0d21d46

wolfunicorn965

hey yall sorry bout that i was gone for a couple days and i completely forgot to tell any of you

ill finish the open house asap

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

christiabi and proud / enfp / child of poor circulation 

I'm not normally a German man! 

titles/282735

A list of attributes and green, have been emphasized

Thumbnail avatar 57dacc9791

actorbrainy16

Thanks for the update. Meep.

• Posted at:

Andra/Emmi Myth-Desitjo-Wilddliw 

Christian †

Actress :-D D-:

Writer => ~

Autistic :'P

Singer ♪

etc...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13

MeJoKeDuAnRaCaAcShLuKaLeOd

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

please let this excitable thing continue 

• Posted at:

Ever After~ 

"but laugh, laugh, laugh, hayden"

pizza, my twin

i'd shoot for the moon, but i'm too busy gazing at stars 

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

Thumbnail avatar 0e294bc7a0

silvermist539

not part of the rp but bump :D

• Posted at:

-Joy/Aloebre.exe

Books are like flypaper, memories cling to the printed pages better than anything else.

"Stories never really end, even if the books pretend they do. They don't end on the last page, anymore than they begin."

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

wolfunicorn965

The Woods family is the first to arrive. Their car pulls into the spacious parking lot and Sora and Sano Woods get out. Sano Woods, still with the same messy blue-streaked blonde hair and bright eyes, looks up at the six-story building, asymmetrical, with a white-and-grey modern design, several walls consisting entirely of glass, and long glass balconies, and whistles appreciatively.

“This is impressive,” he says. “You know, when we went to boarding school, it wasn’t as nice as this. Granted, it was pretty nice, and it’s where I met you” -- Sano smiles at his wife -- “but you know, the teachers were kind of evil and they hit several of the students with tranquilizer darts and tied them up in a locked room. So, you know, a mixed experience.”

“Never a dull moment, huh?” his wife asks him fondly.

“Nope!” the father of five replies cheerfully, grinning widely. His grin fades as a blindingly white limousine pulls into the parking lot. “Wait a minute, I know that limo...” He stomps over to the limo and waits impatiently while the driver exits and hurries to open the back door. As soon as the first passenger exits the car, Sano’s face adopts a stony expression. With the same short, neat, white-blonde hair, cold grey eyes, angular cheekbones, and an arrogant expression, Hydrus Obitus regards Sano Woods with some contempt and slight amusement.

“I had no idea they decided to make you the welcoming committee, Woods. And honestly-” his gaze travels over Sano carelessly “-I have no idea what they were thinking. You may be many things right now, but welcoming is not one of them.” Hydrus smirks as Sano clenches his teeth, fighting the impulse to punch Hydrus in the face, and instead holds his hand out for Hydrus to shake. Hydrus looks at the hand like it’s a snake and then back at Sano questioningly.

“I never did thank you,” Sano says. Hydrus raises an eyebrow. “You know, for saving Sora and the others. When you called the police. So...” Hydrus’ smirk returns as he watches Sano struggle. “... Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, Woods.” Hydrus grins, enjoying the pain it causes Sano to thank him.

“Pleasant as ever, Obitus,” Sano sighs.

“And you haven’t changed a bit.” Hydrus looks delighted. He gestures to his wife, who has since exited the limousine and waited while Sano and Hydrus exchanged witty banter.

“Saffire.” Sano inclines his head towards Hydrus’ wife, who has not aged nearly as gracefully as Hydrus has. She glares frostily at him and then proceeds to ignore him.

“Your wife is leaving now,” Hydrus points out. Sano turns, and sure enough, his wife had grown tired of waiting for him to finish talking to Hydrus and has started walking towards the school.

“I believe that’s my cue to leave. See you around, Hydrangea!” Sano hurries off after his wife.

(To be continued)

thats all ive got so far, ill post more later

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

actorbrainy16

Meep.

Does this mean we can start POVs?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

Thumbnail avatar 3a3b4f2bb8

jadewolf2493

probably?

• Posted at:

Jenna Øpacaré Vale Argentum Traitare Silvershade

INTJAquariusGøddessBrøkenChaøtic NeutralInsaneFørgøtten

Queen øf Illusions

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

Thumbnail avatar 5d50bc1d7d

tricksterangel48

bump

• Posted at:

ceol // Archer [flip.]

libra // hufflepuff // infp-t // spn family // stormer

miscasdandeajensamjarcha

"i want to live in a world where normal is an insult." -misha

if i go crazy, will you still call me superman?

i'm still alive

but i'm barely breathing

wolfunicorn965

ugh so sorry im like cer i have commitment problems dont mind me here are some povs imma start off with some parents if you want to pov as the parents as well thats fine with me or if you just want to pov as your characters thats fine too i dont have a preference

Sano:

I check my watch. 9:59. If this is anything like TEAAM, then the transportation will be here in exactly a minute. I exit the house and jog over to my children and Sora, waiting at the end of the driveway. I hug each of my children in turn and smile at them with a mixture of sadness and fondness.

"Make sure to break some people's hearts for me, okay?" I ask my kids, only half joking. Sora looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Mend. I meant mend," I quickly correct myself. Sora looks away and I mouth 'break' to the kids. A limo suddenly skids onto our street and stops right in front of our house. There's no mistaking it. The limo is bright white, long, and luxurious, with the initials 'SQUAAD' printed on the side in black.

"I'll miss you, have fun," I call out, surprised to hear a choke in my voice. I wonder if this was what it was like for my parents to send me to TEAAM. 

My kids get into the limo, and as it pulls away, we wave and wave until the limo is out of sight.

Colton:

I stand, waiting, with Lav, Kent, and Ashlynn. 

"Make sure to tell me if or when you go on a date so I can hide in the bushes with binoculars," I tell my kids.

Ashlynn rolls her eyes. "Mom, if he tries to do that, please threaten to smash him in the face with a computer again."

"No problem," my wife replies, and I sputter indignantly. 

"I could always just not tell you if or when I go on a date," Kent points out, then grins. "But what's the fun in that?" I shake my head with mock disapproval, fighting back a grin, and am about to reply when a limo pulls up. We say our goodbyes, but when the limo pulls away I'm a little bit emptier inside, already missing them.

(so the sanora kids were first in and the colav kids were second. sorry for shortness, ill try to write more later. you can all pov now and board the limo and such)

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

wolfunicorn965

ugh so sorry im like cer i have commitment problems dont mind me here are some povs imma start off with some parents if you want to pov as the parents as well thats fine with me or if you just want to pov as your characters thats fine too i dont have a preference

Sano:

I check my watch. 9:59. If this is anything like TEAAM, then the transportation will be here in exactly a minute. I exit the house and jog over to my children and Sora, waiting at the end of the driveway. I hug each of my children in turn and smile at them with a mixture of sadness and fondness.

"Make sure to break some people's hearts for me, okay?" I ask my kids, only half joking. Sora looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Mend. I meant mend," I quickly correct myself. Sora looks away and I mouth 'break' to the kids. A limo suddenly skids onto our street and stops right in front of our house. There's no mistaking it. The limo is bright white, long, and luxurious, with the initials 'SQUAAD' printed on the side in black.

"I'll miss you, have fun," I call out, surprised to hear a choke in my voice. I wonder if this was what it was like for my parents to send me to TEAAM. 

My kids get into the limo, and as it pulls away, we wave and wave until the limo is out of sight.

Colton:

I stand, waiting, with Lav, Kent, and Ashlynn. 

"Make sure to tell me if or when you go on a date so I can hide in the bushes with binoculars," I tell my kids.

Ashlynn rolls her eyes. "Mom, if he tries to do that, please threaten to smash him in the face with a computer again."

"No problem," my wife replies, and I sputter indignantly. 

"I could always just not tell you if or when I go on a date," Kent points out, then grins. "But what's the fun in that?" I shake my head with mock disapproval, fighting back a grin, and am about to reply when a limo pulls up. We say our goodbyes, but when the limo pulls away I'm a little bit emptier inside, already missing them.

(so the sanora kids were first in and the colav kids were second. sorry for shortness, ill try to write more later. you can all pov now and board the limo and such)

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

wolfunicorn965

ahh the horrors of the dreaded double post

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

actorbrainy16

Kara:

This was it. The day I'd leave behind everything and everyone I knew for a boarding school I hadn't even heard of until I got an acceptance letter to said school. Well, not everyone I knew. Mellie and Silver would be coming too, since they got an acceptance letter as well. I remember Aika was pretty disappointed after she realized she'd be stuck at home with Mom and Dad and Michael while the rest of us went off on some grand adventure. 

It would be like that for her. For me...this was just prep time for college next year. Which probably explained the reason I wasn't nervous at all about it.

Mellie, though, radiated anxiety. "It's all right," I said in an attempt to reassure her. "The school can't be too far away from here if we're going by car."

Her response: "I wish I could switch with Aika right now."

I replied, "Well, if you did, that would mean Aika would have to actually pretend to be you, and she isn't exactly the best at pretending." I paused. "Although you two do look basically alike." Which my two sisters did, right down to their almond-shaped bright blue eyes in near-identical oval faces.

Just then, Mom and Dad came out to the end of the driveway with Aika and Michael in tow. After Mom and the two youngest said their goodbyes to us, Dad hugged the three of us in turn before saying, "Make sure to break some people's hearts for me, okay?" 

At that, Mom gave him a dirty look, which prompted Dad to correct himself with, "Mend. I meant mend." 

However, we had known Dad long enough to know that he actually didn't mean "mend" (that bit was just something to keep Mom happy), and he confirmed that when he mouthed "break" the moment Mom looked away.

Just as Silver and I began to laugh (Mellie was still too anxious to, unfortunately), we heard a car slow down, then stop in front of the driveway. I stopped and looked at my mom for a bit, noticing that she looked lost in thought, and that whatever she was thinking about wasn't exactly happy. Was she remembering her time at boarding school? I didn't know for sure, but I remembered she didn't have an extremely good experience there, based on things I'd heard and read — other than the meeting-Dad part of it.

As we turn and walk up to the car (actually a limo, long and white with SQUAAD painted on the side in black), Dad called out, "I'll miss you, have fun." The three of us going replied in a jumble of, "So will I," "I love you!" "Bye!" "I'll see you later," "Keep me posted!" etc. before entering the limo.

The limo had a strange feeling of being bigger on the inside than the outside. The interior was an off-white color instead of the blinding white the limo had been on the outside — probably a deliberate choice on the part of the designers, since one wouldn't want the people using it to go blind from the brightness of the interior's color. Two long, comfortable-seeming benches, extending from each of the two doors at the front of the long back section almost to the back wall, lay, one on each side, along the two sides of the vehicle, leaving plenty of standing room in the middle. A speaker was wired in at each corner of the passenger section, and armrests (all of which were up, since we, the first ones on, hadn't sat down yet) could be pulled down to separate one's own seat from the rest of the bench — not that I was likely to take that option.

The moment we all got seated (Mellie on the seat closest to the door we came in, I next to her, and Silver in the middle of the bench opposite us), the limo began to move. Out the window above the bench I was sitting on, I could see Mom and Dad and the two youngest waving frantically, as if this was the last time they'd see us again. I waved back until I couldn't see any sign of them before leaning back, pulling a worn paperback book out of the drawstring backpack I brought along, and opening it up to where I had stopped the night before.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Mellie:

All I could think was, I never should have chosen to go. Yes, I knew I wouldn't be alone in this, but new experiences generally were not my thing. I didn't know what possessed me to come out here to wait for a transport that would take Kara and Silver and I someplace none of us had ever heard of before we got our acceptance letters from there a couple days ago, but I somehow made that choice. Now? I was getting major butterflies just thinking about it.

Kara seemed to sense my anxiety, since I heard her say, "It's all right. The school can't be too far away from here if we're going by car." Her reassurances did nothing. The distance didn't matter; the fact that this was new to me did.

"I wish I could switch with Aika right now," I heard myself whisper.

"Well, if you did, that would mean Aika would have to actually pretend to be you, and she isn't exactly the best at pretending," my older sister replied. She paused for a second or two before continuing, "Although you two do look basically alike." More like exactly, I thought. Same height, same hair color/style/type, same eye color/shape, same everything. More than once, I've been asked if I was a twin because Aika and I look identical.

At that moment, Mom, Dad, Aika, and Michael came out to say their goodbyes before we left, getting into a white limo with SQUAAD painted on the side in black. I, due to how we arranged ourselves, was the first to get on — how ironic — Kara was second, and Silver was last on the limo.

As soon as we got on, I chose a seat right by the door we came in, pulled down the armrests on either side of me, and began fiddling with the buttons on the one to my right in an attempt to distract myself. One button made the seat recline, another made it go back up. One heated the seat, and another cooled it down. One started a massage, and yet another stopped it. After a little more experimentation, I figured out holding one of the buttons down would increase the intensity of the action, depending on how long it was held down. Then I pulled on a tab on the inside of the armrest, which revealed a little table I could pull out from its space if I needed to.

Before I could do much else, though, the limo stopped.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Silver:

I looked at my watch: 9:59. One more minute until some kind of vehicle comes to take us to a school none of us had heard of until Kara and Mellie and I found out we got in.

Mom and Dad and my twin and my brother came out to say their goodbyes before we got on the white limo with SQUAAD on the side. I was last on since I took a little time to ruffle Michael's dark brown hair before climbing in.

As they faded out of sight, I waved until I couldn't see them before observing what my older sisters were doing, since I didn't have anything better to do. Mellie was pushing buttons on the armrest at the end of the bench opposite the one I was sitting in and Kara was reading a book — one of those famous-stories-with-a-twist that she liked so much. As for myself, well, I didn't like that type of story quite so much.

After a while, I got lost in thought as the limo kept going, so the sudden stop caught me by surprise. Two more people came on: a tallish boy with curly blond hair and a girl with long blond waves.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

wolfunicorn965

Ashlynn:

I enter the limo and survey the interior -- off-white, long benches, standing room, dark brunette girl, strawberry blonde girl, blonde boy -- for a moment, which is all the opportunity my brother needs to quickly slide into the seat next to dark brunette girl, the seat I had wanted. I shoot Kent a glare but sit down in a seat next to blonde boy and without a second of hesitation I put my headphones on and start playing music.

Kent:

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

wolfunicorn965

clicked submit too early

other posts in mod

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

wolfunicorn965

ugh accidentally pressed submit too early

Kent:

Ashlynn shoots me a glare that I choose to ignore as I slide into the seat next to the tall, wavy-haired brunette. I smile brightly as the girl.

"Hey, I'm Kent Duke. Second year," I introduce myself, then gesture at my sister. "And this is my twin, Ashlynn." My sister looks up, annoyed, and takes her headphones off for a moment.

"My headphones are my own personal DO NOT DISTURB sign. Do you know what DO NOT DISTURB signs do? They tell people not to disturb," Ashlynn explains to me as if I'm an idiot. 

"She's a ray of sunshine, isn't she?" I remark with mock fondness, which causes my twin to give me one last dirty look before the headphones go back on.

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

wolfunicorn965

Cer:

My parents fuss over me worriedly and I let them, although my annoyance is mounting by the second. 

"When you get to school, please don't be like Hydrangea," Mom tells me, even though both my parents know I'm only paying attention to half of what they say and caring about absolutely none of it.

"Be more like... Sano Woods. I have a feeling you could end up like Sano Woods," Dad adds. I tune them out after that. I don't want to listen to them rant about their boarding school days, again. 

I sigh internally with relief when a bright white limo with 'SQUAAD' written on the side pulls up. I hug each of my parents and then swagger onto the limo, practically oozing self-confidence. I choose a seat next to a blonde-haired boy and across from a strawberry blonde girl. The girl is clearly anxious. I decide to start with her.

"I'm Cerulean Hunt, but everyone calls me Cer," I say, pronouncing 'Cer' so it rhymes with 'bear.'

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

actorbrainy16

Kara:

The blond boy sat down next to me, smiling brightly, and introduced himself, saying, "Hey, I'm Kent Duke. Second year," before gesturing toward the sandy-haired girl who had just seated herself next to my brother. "And this is my twin, Ashlynn."

The sandy-haired girl — Ashlynn — looked up, obviously irritated, and took off her headphones before interjecting, "My headphones are my own personal DO NOT DISTURB sign. Do you know what DO NOT DISTURB signs do? They tell people not to disturb," as if Kent were an idiot. Which I could tell at a glance that he wasn't.

Kent turned to me, his bright blue eyes looking into mine, and remarked with almost-mock fondness, "She's a ray of sunshine, isn't she?" 

"Of course she is," I replied before reconsidering, "Well, actually... not a ray of sunshine. More like a fireball.

"Wait... Where are my manners? I'm Takara Woods, but everyone calls me Kara," I continued. "Fourth year."

Before Kent could respond, the limo stopped again and a tall, lean, swaggering boy who could almost pass for an older version of my youngest brother came inside, sat down across from Mellie, and began to talk. 

I say almost because I don't normally have a bad gut feeling around either of my brothers.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Mellie:

The limo began moving again, and still, I was nervous. I'd been distracting myself in the hopes that my worries would dissipate quickly, but even after the stop, I still had them. Maybe they just take a little while to leave one's mind.

When the limo stopped again, a tall, dark-haired boy in black jeans and a leather jacket entered and sat down across from me. He said, "I'm Cerulean Hunt, but everyone calls me Cer." Somehow, I could tell that he was talking to me.

The moment I looked up into his dark blue eyes, my anxiety melted away, replaced by happiness so intense I felt as if I could fly. My face heated up about fifteen degrees, and I was certain it showed. "I-I'm Melody, but I go by Mellie." 

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Unless you are Sky, Imanotsurugi, or Ever, please ignore this post.

[Key:

* = pending approval

(#) = same ships

(NPC) = one half of the ship is an NPC 

_____ x _____ = ship that doesn't last to the end]

Planned ships between my characters: 

Takara x Kent

Melody x Cerulean

Melody x Nathan (1)

Melody x Ethel*

Sterling x Ariel (NPC)

Sterling x Juliet (2)

Sarah x Thomas (NPC)

Nathan x Melody (1)

Nathan x Acacia (NPC)

Violet x Vanessa (NPC)

Violet x Fox

Violet x Francis (NPC)

Ivory x Lucas

Taylor x Jayden (3)

Anthony x Avenir*

Juliet x Kirby (NPC)

Juliet x Sterling (2)

(eventually) Matthew x Ariel (NPC)

Jayden x Taylor (3)

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

i approve of aventhony 

• Posted at:

Ever After~ 

pizza, my twin

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

@Ever: 

@Sky: Could there be a (temporary) ship between Violet and Fox that starts sometime in the middle of the RP?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

@Ever: 

@Sky: Is it OK if Violet and Fox get shipped temporarily sometime in the middle of the RP?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

let me just change Avenir's year to third so it won't be Weird & Stuff™ 

• Posted at:

Ever After~ 

pizza, my twin

actorbrainy16

Ever: Aventhony or Anthenir, take your pick. Sky: Violet x Fox temporary ship?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

@Ever: I was thinking the ship name could be something like Anthenir, but either way, I'm glad you're OK with the ship.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Ugh triple post. Or was it quad?

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

@Ever: OK.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

wolfunicorn965

thats cool with me! ill write a pov soon

• Posted at:

sky / skyth

titles/282735

actorbrainy16

@Sky: OK. (Just remember it doesn't start when Violet and Fox first meet, since Violet is with Vanessa at that point.)

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Silver:

A few more people got on the limo: first, a copper-haired girl in a light blue cardigan and green skirt who sat on the other side of the sandy-haired girl (Ashlynn, if I remember correctly); then a blond girl in a jean jacket over a dark green tank top and distressed jeans who sat down a few seats away from either group on the bench I was on; then a blond boy in a plaid shirt and jeans and a redheaded girl in a T-shirt and jean shorts — most likely a brother-and-sister duo — who sat down on the other side of Kent with the girl in between the two boys. 

I hadn't greeted the others as they came on, but something was urging me to say hi to the ones who just arrived. So I did.

The blond boy waved back and said, "Hey, how've you been?"

"Good, I guess," I replied.

"Good, you guess?"

"Yeah. I'm Sterling, by the way, but I go by Silver."

"Interesting nickname. I'm Robert, but everyone calls me Bob. And this" — Bob gently elbowed the redheaded girl, who had, until then, appeared to be daydreaming — "is my sister Ariel."

The redhead — Ariel — blinked a few times, as if surprised, before waving and saying, "Hi."

Well, the name definitely fits, I thought as I replied, "Hi, Ariel. I'm Sterling."

"I heard you say it earlier," she responded. "You seem to have a punny sense of humor, since your nickname itself is one."

"Do you have a problem with that?" I could feel my face begin to warm for some unknown reason.

"No, I don't. In fact... I happen to like those."

"Alright. I'll curtainly figure out a new one for the next time we talk."

"Oh, puh-leeze," the copper-haired girl sitting next to Ashlynn called out. "You call that a pun?"

"Of course I do," I responded.

"Lemme tell you a real one." That turned into a pun battle between me and the copper-haired girl (whose name, I later learned, was Briana) that lasted all of about three minutes as each of us tried to top the other. At least, I think it was about that long. When the next stop came up and the pun battle ended in a tie, I sneaked a peek at my watch — a brand-new one that worked perfectly and had been treated carefully since I got it — and saw that it still had the hour hand on the ten and the minute and second hands on the twelve. Weird.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Meep.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...

#AllLivesMatter

#GodBlessAmerica

Sig@289964

actorbrainy16

Vi:

I peeked at my phone screen, tapping my foot as I waited for the transport to arrive. 9:59. One more minute until Ivy and I would get to see a bit more of the world than we got to in the town we called home.

Turning my head to look at my older sister, I asked, "Ivy, you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied, her blue eyes focused on the road and not on mine. She didn't say anything more — typical, I thought, though I wish she'd talk a little more. 

The next thing I knew, a white limo with the acronym SQUAAD (which I internally laughed at because that was such an epic fail on the school's part) painted on the side in black came rolling up in front of the driveway. As we got on (Ivy first, me next), I waved to Mom and Dad and my brother Jett before closing the door behind me. 

As Ivy sat down a few seats away from the very back, I looked around the area — an off-white space which somehow already had about ten other people inside it — when I suddenly locked eyes with a familiar green-eyed face.

"Hey, Nessa!" I called out as I walked over to her. "Wasn't expecting you here. How've you been?"

"Great," she replied as I slid into the seat next to her on her left. "Though if we had seen each other since school let out, my summer would have been a lot more enjoyable."

"Same. Speaking of our summers, what did you do for the past three months?"

"Oh, not much other than an aviation thing at the end of July."

"Lemme guess, part of that involved flying a plane?"

"Vi, you know perfectly well that I wouldn't have done it if flying wasn't involved."

Right when I was about to respond, the limo stopped.

• Posted at:

Christian †

Writer => ~

Singer ♪

etc...