What do you think of this story?

Thumbnail avatar 85c4a7060f

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Fifteen (Genesis):

“I still don’t understand,” Rose said.  “You’re saying…the Great One is my brother?!”  Nimbus nodded grimly. 

We were all back in the jail cell.  Rose (who had been trapped in the Queen’s mind) found Maya and Kodah, and explained what had happened.  She had tried to carry Nimbus, but he’d been too heavy.  Kodah, using his Slydog powers, had called us all back to the cell.

“I don’t remember having this memory,” Kodah spoke up quietly from the corner.  “And the way the Great One appeared, it almost sounds like I am Slydog.”  He made the hand gesture thing, and for some reason, Rorry winced and scuttled as far away from Kodah as possible.  He’s been acting really strange since we got back, I noted. 

“Well, look on the bright side!” Maya perked up, leaning into him.  “We have some clue as to what’s going on.  It sounds to me like the Great One isn’t so great, considering he cheated and hid in her mind.  Good thing we didn’t run into him.”  Kodah nodded.  She had a point.  But still…

Fiddling with a stray lock of hair that had escaped from my bun, I bit my lip.  This is so boring…

“—Genesis?” Ruby ended.  I started and looked around.  Think of something! 

“Uh…I agree with Ruby,” I put in, rolling my eyes as if it was a somewhat silly question.  The others didn’t buy it. 

“The question was if we should go back into the Queen’s mind and try to find out more,” Caspian provided. 

“No,” I decided, almost immediately.  The others looked at me curiously.  “I don’t know why, but I have a bad feeling about this.  Like we’re meddling in matters too big for ourselves.” 

And to be honest, I meant it.  Part of me was all macho and This is so cool, I’m a fantasy evil-queen fighter, but the other part thought, I just want to go home and do DCI and drink some Snapple on the couch with my mom like I always do, and be normal!

END

MOds please let this post!  TEll me what you think!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

These are the tears of things, and our mortality cuts to the heart.

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

Thumbnail avatar 088970e1d9

horsedragon1273

That was great.

Genesis, now bossy.

• Posted at:

>Rebel<

Fill my heart with song and let me sing for ever more...

DCI Obsessed.

Tell me, what do you see?

Where does that elevator go?

Downstairs, obviously.

Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

Why are you keeping this curiosity door closed?

JOVRPJ

Thumbnail avatar 9d8cdc0ffb

butterflycat1708

This is... awesome! Keep up the good work Catshock!

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

Me Gang: {Amatista} {Esmeralda} {Perla} {Rubi}

Hammock-flavored drinks rule!

Super Duper High Middle School Level Pianist (AKA Ultimate Pianist)

#FADE FOREVER

wolfdragon37424

Aw...thanks guys!  I'm really happy this is getting positive reviews (except for the poll, who pushed the Horrible button?), and I'm hoping this will continue for a long time!

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

Thumbnail avatar eb5801f5ee

catdragon13873

Well they must have clicked it by accident because there I saw no problem with this.

• Posted at:

Jade-

Christian

J/P/B/B/P/P/F/L

Flaunthweirdmfriends

I'm obsessed with shipping please help.

#threadnecromancy

#Fade

#CorToffee (Corn Syrup X Toffee)

#HammockFlavoredDrinkFamily

#FluffehReturns

9/11/17

Thumbnail avatar 48e8581bc9

crowsoul50

This is so majestic ah

• Posted at:

Call me Ishmael.

Put that thing back where it came from or so help me

Ishamel//Ishmeal

Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?

HAMMOCK FLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

Thanks for checking in,  I'm still a piece ogarbage

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Sixteen (Caspian):

I was snapped out of a trance-like sleep by the sound of the main door opening and closing.  The others woke up as well and looked at each other.  Who’s there?  Two sets of footsteps crept down the pathway, silent and stealthy. 

“Mom!” Maya cried out in the dark.  Mrs. Histerian put a finger to her lips and smiled, hugging her through the bars.  The rest of us grinned.  She’d found us!  Beside her stood a girl around Maya’s age, with red hair and a bored aura (is that possible?) around her.  She stood awkwardly to the side, rocking on her toes and eyeing us suspiciously. 

“How’d you find us?” I asked quietly, standing up.  Taka shifted next to me, also curious of the answer.  Mrs. Histerian smiled. 

“I know a lot about the layout of this place.  When Boston found me hiding from the Deep Panther this morning, she decided to help,” she said.  The girl (Boston, I assumed) rolled her eyes.

“I don’t mean to burst your happy bubble,” Boston cut in, leaning forward.  “But there’s no way of getting you guys out without the key, which we don’t have.  But feel free to magically teleport out of here, because that’s what Slydogs do.”  Genesis glared at Boston.  Heh.  New Girl might have Genesis beat on the sass. 

“Actually, we do have it,” Maya’s mom said, pulling out a key from her pocket.  Rorry grinned, his glassy eyes still fixed ahead, and Boston raised an eyebrow as Mrs. Histerian unlocked the cell and let us all out.  “Now that we’re all here, let me introduce you to Boston, from…somewhere.”  Boston rolled her eyes again (guess she had a lot of sarcasm in her).  We went around with out names, and Boston made a point of not listening when it was Genesis’s turn.  I felt a little silly, but at the same time, I also felt like Boston was already part of our group.  Like it was preordained.

We all stood outside WhiteHeart Manor, having successfully escaped.  Out of sight of the guards, we all sat in the grass, contemplating what to do.  The first idea had been to go home.  But then we decided we had to make things right for all of Queen Highblood’s subjects.  Which meant defeating Slydog.  The only problem was that none of us knew where he was. 

“He could still be in Mother’s mind,” Rose brought up again.  Nimbus shook his head, biting his lip.

“We already would have run into him,” he said, shaking his head.  “I’m certain of it.”  Boston sat back, lazily running her hand through the grass.  Kodah rested against Maya, who was deep in thought.  I sighed. 

Suddenly, the air turned chilly, and the wind whipped up.  Dark clouds raced across the horizon, struggling to find their spot on time. 

“That storm came on unusually fast,” Genesis commented.  Mrs. Histerian frowned.  Rorry stood up, staring at the sun, which was peeking out behind black blankets and shedding a single ray upon his amber hair.  The rest of us tried to get up, but were pushed back down by the wind.  Rorry smiled.

“What’s going on?” Ruby cried.  Emilee grabbed onto her and held on.  Rose yelped and turned into Roseberry, bracing her paws against a strong gust.  “Rorry?  Are you doing this?”

“I’m nØt RØrry,” he said, grinning.  What does he mean? I wondered.  “I’ve been right in frØnt Øf yØu all alØng.”

“Who are you, then?” Nimbus asked.  “In the Queen’s memory, Slydog didn’t talk like you do, so who are you?”  Not-Rorry shrugged.

“YØu had it right the first time,” he hissed, and opened his mouth.  Darkness seeped out, flooding the world with nothing but oily blackness.  The wind stopped.  There was no noise.  There was nothing but darkness.  I took a shuddering breath.  Then another.  Calm down, Caspian.  He’s just trying to psych us out with a trick.  He didn’t really just barf darkness all over the Slydog Realm. 

“You’re not playing fair!” Maya cried from somewhere near me.  “Give Rorry back!”  It was getting harder to breathe.  Ink, oil, raven feathers, and darkness itself pressed on my chest. 

“YØu want him back?” Slydog asked in a teasing, sing-song voice, yet it sounded more threatening with his rasp on the Ø’s.  “I’ll tell yØu what.  Let’s play a little game of hide-and-seek fØr him.”  Just like that, the lights came back on.  Slydog stood in Rorry’s place, a lithe, black fox with long legs, garrote-sharp teeth, and a white spiral on his forehead. 

“Hide-and-seek?” Mrs. Histerian asked. 

“Exactly,” Slydog hissed.  “YØu’re it.”  He disappeared, leaving nothing but shadows and a lock of amber hair behind.

END

Mods please please let this post!!  Please comment and tell me what you think!

Next chapter on Monday.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

butterflycat1708

Wooow! Can't wait to read more! As awesome as always, Cat! ;)

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

Thumbnail avatar 6947853dac

dolphinbutterfly1060

CATSHOCK, YES!! Basically whoever is controlling Rorry is like...The equivalent of what the Dark Jester is like. I LOVE YOU!! But not really.

Re-reading what I wrote, this makes no sense...So just ignore this post.

• Posted at:

✖️フェアレディアッシュ

♥︎ ι'ℓℓ ℓσνє уσυ fσяєνєя αи∂ α ∂αу ♥︎

#Kødash

#Catkie

"Just grab a chainsaw and end my suffering..." ~The fair lady Angel

catdragon13873

Dawww Emilee and Ruby's friendship is so adorable just two smol childs from the White Manor. And... barfing darkness. That analogy, I can't find any fault with.

• Posted at:

Jade-

Christian

J/P/B/B/P/P/F/L

Flaunthweirdmfriends

#threadnecromancy

#Fade

#FluffehReturns

9/11/17

butterflycat1708

Emilee and Ruby are almost like BFFs. Actually, they might be bc we don't know how long they have been working together at the White Manor :3

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

horsedragon1273

That was good.

My characters don't like each other lol.

Would you mind if I created some background characters? (Not right now, but just in general).

• Posted at:

>Rebel<

DCI Obsessed.

Downstairs, obviously.

JOVRPJ

catdragon13873

Could I make some background characters as well? I have some ideas for stuff (muhuhahahaha)

• Posted at:

Jade-

Christian

J/P/B/B/P/P/F/L

Flaunthweirdmfriends

#threadnecromancy

#Fade

#FluffehReturns

9/11/17

wolfdragon37424

HEY GUYS I SAW HAMILTON WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I am too dazed to write.  Next chapter on Monday, possibly.  

@Ash, I'm glad you like it.  I wrote Slydog as a Dark Jester type.

@Jade/Rebel, feel free to make them on the signup page.  

@Bixbite, thanks for reading!  Hopefully this will continue for a long time.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Seventeen (Boston):

The weird spirit-Slydog creature disappeared, leaving a strand of the possessed boy (Rorry, I think)’s hair behind.  I didn’t buy this whole “magic” thing, and hide-and-seek felt too silly for a Slydog “god”, but the others seemed to know what they were doing.  Even the annoying girl. 

“Well,” I began.  “Mr. Demon didn’t really give us a set of instructions, so let’s spread out in groups of two and try to find Rorry.” 

“Since when are you the boss?” Genesis shot at me.  I shrugged, cocking my head and raising my eyebrows.

“I just thought you’d want to find your friend,” I retorted.  Maya put a hand on Genesis’s shoulder, and she sighed.

“Alright,” she said.  “I’ll go with you to the forest.  Maybe then we can settle whatever disagreement we’ve had.”

“What is this supposed to be?” I asked.  Genesis shrugged.

“Dunno.  It wasn’t there before,” she answered.  We were standing in front of a large sign in the forest.  It had several squiggly lines on it that we couldn’t read.  I walked up to it, having a strange feeling about it.  I tapped the lines. 

The squiggles turned different colors and merged together, showing an animation.  In it, Squiggle-Me grabbed Squiggle-Genesis’ hand, and our heads exploded to show two Slydogs, one of fire, and one of lightning.  In the background, Squiggle-Nimbus and Squiggle-Caspian cheered.

“Well, that was the worst portrayal of me I’ve ever seen,” Genesis muttered after it was done.  “My head doesn’t explode, and I don’t plan on letting it.”  I raised an eyebrow.  Strange…

“Well, this is probably just Slydog trying to psych us out,” I shrugged.  “We’re probably getting close.”  Genesis nodded, and we headed on.

Soon, we encountered another sign.  This one was bigger, and had normal writing on it.  It read, “SERIOUSLY YOU DIDN’T GET THE HINT??!!” in red lettering.  Below it, in gray lettering, was, “Don’t listen to him.  Just grab hands with each other.”  I frowned, shaking my head. 

“Well, if this is Slydog,” Genesis started.  “He’s not really scaring me.”  She glanced in distaste at my sweaty hand.  The letters began to arrange themselves into one, gray sentence. 

“I’m not Slydog.  I’m Lightningfoot, and the one with anger issues is Blazeear.” 

END

Mods please let this post!!

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

butterflycat1708

WOWZA! WHAT COULD THIS MEAN? WHY WAS THIS SO AWESOME AND FUNNY?

=D

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

horsedragon1273

That was beautiful Catshock.

But what do the other squiggly figures represent?

And what are two more originals doing, interacting with the people?

I love seeing Genesis and Boston interact since they don't really like each other.

• Posted at:

>Rebel<

DCI Obsessed.

Downstairs, obviously.

JOVRPJ

Thumbnail avatar cbb2459b9e

lynxlynx3024

• Posted at:

HUGO/NEBUR

I love playing this game

I love my spirit animal

I love making friends

I love animals 

I love reading

I love cycling

I hate being late to react,

so I always respond

#Cookgo 

wolfdragon37424

up

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Eighteen (Maya):

“So, where are you guys going to look?” Emilee asked, batting her eyelashes at me and Kodah.  I stared and stepped closer to him.

“Well, I was thinking that we’d explore the Catacombs,” Kodah answered. 

“Yeah, we’re doing that, and um…what are the Catacombs?” I asked.

“A series of underground tunnels that the Queen mysteriously built under the realm one day,” Emilee cut in.  “Now, Kodah…on a scale of one to ten, how romantic are the Catacombs?”

“I really wouldn’t consider them romantic…why do you ask?” He answered suspiciously.  I frowned.

“Nothing,” she said innocently.  “You two go on alone, and I’ll buddy up with Ruby.”  I blushed and rolled my eyes.

“Are we almost there?” I grumped, as we hiked around the side of the building.  Kodah laughed and pointed to WhiteHeart Manor, which we were hiking around.

“The entrance is in the back,” he answered.  “So…yes.”

I gasped as he pushed back the bushes to reveal the area behind WhiteHeart Manor.  A huge village of stone sprawled out is the valley below, Slydogs running about in human form and regular form.  I turned to Kodah to say something, but he put a finger to his lips and pointed to a balcony at the back of the Manor.  Queen Highblood stood there, looking out over the Realm.  I transformed into Swanpelt, and he turned into Inkfur.  Silently, we slunk out across the stretch, praying that the Queen wouldn’t look down.

“Right here,” Inkfur whispered, pointing to a small grate under the balcony with his paw.

“How do we get it open?” I asked quietly.  He grinned, his eyes glowing.  The screws on the grate rattled, shook, and fell out. 

“Telekinesis.  It’s a thing,” Inkfur told me.

We slunk inside, the grate’s sides brushing against me.  It felt like an air vent.  Kodah came after me, leaving the grate open. 

After slithering through a metallic tunnel for a little while, it dropped out into a much bigger, stone passage.  Kodah and me turned back into human form, and headed down the passage.

“So, do you actually have any idea where we’re going?” I asked.  He shook his head.  “Do you know how to get back?”  He paused, then shook his head.

“Y’know, I’m glad you’re here.  To correct me and stuff,” he said.  “My mother always mistreated me, and that made me forget things.”  I slung my arm over his shoulder.

“Aww, don’t worry.  I’m sure we’ll figure this out,” I said, as we turned a corner. 

“You’ve given me my name, my confidence, and what have I given you?” he ranted.  “Nothing.”  I spun around and took his hands in mine.

“Don’t talk to me like that!  You got us in here, you let us in from the start, you snuck into Queen Highblood’s mind…you even defied her like she wasn’t your mother!  To do that takes bravery.  Bravery that I wish I’d had in every situation,” I told him, leaning in close.  “Don’t talk to yourself like that.”  Just like that, I kissed him and sped ahead like it was no big deal, not even realizing that I’d kissed him before I noticed he wasn’t following.  He cocked his head and smiled.

“When you put it like that, let’s go,” he said. 

We didn’t even notice the growing darkness in the tunnels as we rounded the corner, hand in hand.  We didn’t even notice the strange, sucking sound at the end of the corridor.

A dead end.

END

Mods please please let this through!  Tell me what you think!  Could this be the end of Kodah and Maya just after they've connected?

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

wolfdragon37424

Also, next chapter on Monday.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

catdragon13873

Hehe Emilee having a crush on Kodah and him being oblivious. I kind of want it to be that she ships Maya and Kodah despite having a crush on him.

• Posted at:

Jade-

Christian

J/P/B/B/P/P/F/L

Flaunthweirdmfriends

#threadnecromancy

#Fade

#FluffehReturns

9/11/17

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Nineteen (Rorry Slydog):

Oh, you thought you’d get to hear from your pitiful friend?  Your creation?  He’s long gone, hidden in the depths of my Realm where those fools will never find him.

I must say, my other half and his girlfriend were rather clever in their thinking.  They almost saw me in my true form.  That would have been bad.

The others are scouring the grounds, looking for help when it’s right in front of their noses.  I must say, it’s a bit of a setback how those meddling fools Lightningfoot and Blazeear have awakened in the two, bossy girls.  This should be more fun with my “children” (not) around. 

Hmmm?  You thought they were my children?  There’s a lot you should learn from me.  Just listen to their pathetic yapping about powers and destiny.  There’s only one road now, and it leads to my clutches.  I thought they’d figure that out now, but no, they’re too stupid, apparently.

Oh, and I also suppose you thought they’d somehow find their way out, because that’s how silly little fairytales work?  Wrong.  This is no fairytale now.  It’s a nightmare.

It’s my nightmare.

END

Mods please let this through!  It's a mini-chapter, that I thought I'd do for fun.  Please comment!!

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

horsedragon1273

That was good. Also, they were just shoved into searching together and stuff happened. I somehow doubt it's the end for them, since they're important characters.

I noticed one small grammatical error, which is bugging me- you put "Kodah and me" instead of "Kodah and I". 

• Posted at:

>Rebel<

DCI Obsessed.

Downstairs, obviously.

JOVRPJ

wolfdragon37424

@Rebel, you're right.  Darn!  I really should error check more instead of relying on stupid autocorrect, which I'm pretty sure is corrupt.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

butterflycat1708

I wish I could say something like "This is so awesome!" but I can't. Reading this high-quality story just makes me wat to read MORE!!!!

Kepp up da good work Cat!

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

catdragon13873

OOH CLIFFHANGER also I like how Slydog is basically breaking the fourth wall by addressing us. I would love to see more of that. Where the characters and Slydog are facing off and Slydog just looks at the audience and says, "You want a show? Well I'll give you one".

• Posted at:

Jade-

Christian

J/P/B/B/P/P/F/L

Flaunthweirdmfriends

#threadnecromancy

#Fade

#FluffehReturns

9/11/17

horsedragon1273

My other post cane through so late (I sent it in way before the mini-chapter was posted)

It was great though. And there are questions that want answers.

I will say, I didn't think it would be like a fairy tale, I just think they're going to survive.

• Posted at:

>Rebel<

DCI Obsessed.

Downstairs, obviously.

JOVRPJ

wolfdragon37424

up

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

butterflycat1708

yeeee can't wait for moar

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Twenty (Nimbus):

Somehow, through my laughter, I somehow managed to stand, gripping onto a tapestry of Ivorytail and chortling to myself. 

Rose and I were searching WhiteHeart Manor.  She had been telling me about Lightningfoot’s nimbleness when I had slipped and fallen.

“So much for nimble,” I had pretend-moaned, laughing.  She smiled, helping me up.  Her grin vanished at the sound of footsteps approaching.  Oh, no. 

“What are you doing here?” Queen Highblood hissed.  “I thought I’d jailed you!”

“Yeah, it might actually help you to check on your prisoners once and a while,” I shot back, slowly backing away.  In a fight, there’s no way we could beat her.  Maybe we could run away?  I am the descendant of Lightningfoot… 

The Queen turned into Highblood, her tails waving in the air.  She tensed herself, then limply collapsed, coughing.  When she looked up again, her eyes were pure black, and her mouth was flecked with foam. 

“I need the life of a Slydog,” she rasped.  Then, she smiled.  “It’s a good thing my mother found you.  I might have faded without Rorry.”  Three thoughts flashed through my mind, and I struggled to spit them out for some reason.

“Slydog?  Is that you?  You sound so different.  And what do you mean by faded?  Is Rorry nearby?” I stuttered, turning into Eagleflight and bracing myself.  Rose did the same.

“Slow down.  Yes, I am Slydog, little child.  There are many things you don’t know about me, like my many voices, one for each soul I have claimed.  I rely on these souls to live.  And if I don’t get one, I die.  That’s why I’ve kept Rorry close at hand…in this very Manor,” Slydog purred, grinning.  He pointed upward, and I saw, to my horror, that Rorry was hanging up there, tied by his hands to a rope and swinging from the rafters.  My heart clenched.  Rorry shouldn’t be put through this.  He should be home, failing all his track runs and eating Crème donuts.  We all should, I thought.  “And one more thing…I also have two of your friends.  Seems the scales are tipping in my favor, non?”  Slydog (in Highblood’s body) raised a claw, and sliced through the air, his eyes glowing.  A seam appeared and split apart, showing Maya and Kodah lying unconscious on a rock, surrounded by frothy, black water.  Rose gasped. 

“Monster,” I whispered quietly as the image disappeared.  Slydog smiled a fanged grin, his eyes already glowing.

“Let’s make it four,” he whispered.  But we didn’t hear.  We were already running for the door.  “Alright, when you put it like that, we can do it the hard way.” 

END

Mods please let this post!!  Tell me what you think!  Next chapter Genesis.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

lynxlynx3024

beautiful   

• Posted at:

HUGO/NEBUR

I love playing this game

I love my spirit animal

I love making friends

I love animals 

I love reading

I love cycling

I hate being late to react,

so I always respond

#Cookgo 

butterflycat1708

Oh my, that's wonderful!!!!

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Twenty-One (Genesis):

I fidgeted in annoyance as “Lightningfoot” and “Blazeear” started explaining how they were “trapped inside us” and how, since we were descendants of them, it was up to us to free them.

“Why is it always our job?” Boston drawled.  “Not to sound lazy, but why don’t you free yourselves, since you’re all powerful?”  I nodded in agreement, even though the sign couldn’t see it.  The sign seemed to twitch irritably at her remark. 

“WELL,” it began in grey letters.  “We can’t get out because it’s a powerful hex, and everyone else is evil, so…that’s why you have to do it.” 

“YEAH,” Blazeear agreed in red letters.  “Exactly.”  Maybe they’re right. 

“But why us?” I put in.  “Why not Nimbus and Caspian?  They get along like superglue…compared to us.”  The sign’s corners contorted in a shrug, and I shuddered at the strange sight. 

“Ask Slydog.  He’s the one who did it,” Lightningfoot told us nonchalantly, as if it was no big deal.  “Probably because he didn’t want you two freeing us, so he chose the pair that didn’t get along.  I don’t know.  Anyway, the whole point of this was to get you to release us so we can help!  Just make peace and get rid of whatever strange, teenage grudge you have.” 

“Well, don’t I feel special,” Boston sighed, taking my hand reluctantly.  “Is this the part where our heads explode?  Please, do spare me some humiliation and blow up Genesis’ head first.”  I snorted, then burst into laughter.  Boston stared at me, indignant. 

“I-I’m s-sorry!”  I chortled.  “It’s not even that funny…heh…” 

“Well, I do pride myself on humor,” she said in a posh accent, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.  This made me laugh even more, and the sign heaved a happy sigh.  “Alright, stop joking around.  I’m sorry for coming into your life and ruining it.  But I truly am the Queen of Sass.” 

Isn’t it funny how you can be enemies one moment and best friends the next?  I took Boston’s hand again, and we closed our eyes.  The sign began to glow, the writing vanished…and…

END

Mods please let this through!  Tell me what you think!  Next chapter on Wednesday.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

butterflycat1708

CLIFFHANGER CLIFFHANGER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

lynxlynx3024

what will happen next?

• Posted at:

HUGO/NEBUR

I love playing this game

I love my spirit animal

I love making friends

I love animals 

I love reading