Thumbnail avatar 5d50bc1d7d

tricksterangel48

//[really bad] DESCRIPTION//

It starts with the kits, who are mysteriously disappearing from their nests. They leave without a trace, and many suspect that they have been taken - but nobody has any leads, and it's beginning to prove difficult to catch the kidnapper.

Then all of the fresh-kill is either stolen or poisoned. The cats begin to get anxious. What will be next?

The suspense is finally killed when a cat is brutally murdered in the night, right under everybody's noses. At the next Gathering, a group of cats reveal themselves and kidnap a Clan's leader. They are a powerful band of rogues who call themselves the Claws. They seem to be a mock version of the Clans, but they lack honour and deceit rules them.

Can the Clans extinguish the threat, or will they fall?

//ALLEGIANCES//

LeafClan:
Leader - Squirrelstar 
Deputy - Pebblefrost
Medicine Cat - Shadowheart [MAIN]
    Apprentice, Eaglepaw 
Warriors -
  Icewing 
  Nightwatcher 
  Mapledawn [MAIN]
  Twistedfoot
  Tigershade
    Apprentice, Lionpaw 
  Cloverfoot
  Echoflame
  Creekclaw
    Apprentice, Blazepaw
  Fallowstep
  Blizzardgaze
    Apprentice, Darkpaw
  Heatherwhisker
  Aspenheart
    Apprentice, Shadepaw
  Fawntail
  Timberpelt
  Rowanberry
  Ashenthorn
Apprentices -
  Lionpaw
  Eaglepaw
  Darkpaw
  Shadepaw
  Blazepaw
Kits -
  Bubblekit   
  Breezekit
Queens -
  Oakdawn
  Honeydapple
Elders -
  Jaywhisper
  Stonefur  

LightClan:
Leader - Silentstar
Deputy - Windtail [MAIN]
Medicine Cat - Thunderheart
    Apprentice, Shadowpaw
Warriors -
  Scorchtail
    Apprentice, Kestrelpaw
  Flintsnout  
    Apprentice, Riverpaw
  Larksong   
  Thistlepelt  
    Apprentice, Ashpaw
  Frostshade
  Bramblestorm
  Yewfeather  
  Wasp [MAIN]
    Apprentice, Russetpaw
  Fireclaw  
  Owlsong
  Adderbranch    
  Newtblaze
  Nettlefur
  Smokeshade
Apprentices -
  Riverpaw
  Ashpaw
  Shadowpaw  
  Russetpaw    
  Kestrelpaw
Kits -
  Goldenkit
  Twigkit 
  Thistlekit
  Robinkit
Queens -
  Hailflight
  Emberwing
Elders -
  Nighttail
  Dawnfoot

RainClan:

Leader - Oakstar
Deputy - Dusklight
Medicine Cat - Willowbreeze
Warriors -
  Thunderflame [MAIN]
    Apprentice, Splashpaw
  Ravenwing 
  Pinefur
  Skyfire
  Rockstep
  Windsong
  Nightfeather  
  Ambersplash
  Lizardspark
  Falconwhisper 
    Apprentice, Swiftpaw
  Oakfang
  Yarrowleaf  
  Leopardfoot  
  Whitetail
  Badgerstripe     
  Squirrelleap
  Doveflight
  Spiderfur
Apprentices -
  Splashpaw [MAIN]
  Swiftpaw
Kits -
  Snowkit
  Flamekit
  Pebblekit
  Kinkkit
  Azurekit  
  Lightningkit
Queens -
  Hollydapple
  Featherstripe

Elders -

Claws:
Leader - Blade [MAIN]

Fangs -
  Slash
  Bear [MAIN]
  Hawk
  Fox
  River
  Whisper
  Ash
  Red
  Blue
  Reggae
  Ghost
  Blaze
  Thane
  Birch
  Minnow
  Sun
  Cinder
  Poppy
  Branch
  Silver
  Brook
  Mint
  Vixen
  Indigo

Sky
  Juniper
  Thorn

Cats Outside the Clans:
 Loners -
   Phantom [MAIN]
   Jet
   Dex
   Quill

Rogues - 

Mallow

Wolf

Kittypets -

Phoenix

Griffin

…………………

I’ll post the prologue tomorrow; hang tight.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ceol

infp // libra // hufflepuff // bisexual

ill see you in the future when were older

and we are full of stories to be told

() ~remember chester bennington~

gang: dan, danny, grey [formerly dan II], aleks

Thumbnail avatar eb5801f5ee

catdragon13873

WOOT WOOT I CANT BELIEVE ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

fish slap queentwin=topaz

im obsessed with music please help

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

tricksterangel48

PART ONE: King and Lionheart

…………………

PROLOGUE: Stranger

[Chapter Playlist - Intro by The xx; Dream by Imagine Dragons; Fear by OneRepublic; The Pretender by Foo Fighters]

The kit gasped for air as her dark green eyes flew open. She’d had a terrible dream - er, nightmare, rather. Taking a few deep breaths, she tried to get herself to relax, but it was to no avail. Now that she was awake, she probably wouldn’t get back to sleep. Not after the nightmare she’d had.

Azurekit stood up, shaking her grey fur out, then moved closer to her brother, Lightningkit, and laid down. She closed her eyes, despite still being wide awake. Images flashed before her eyes. A river of blood. Her family laying before her, lifeless. No, not just her family - her entire Clan. A whimper escaped her and she opened her eyes once more, wishing for the dream to go away. It was just a dream...just a dream, she thought. Yet she still found herself shaking her brother awake.

The pale gold tom shifted, murmuring something before finally waking. He looked annoyed at first, until he saw Azurekit’s eyes, wide with fear.

“What is it?” He grunted, though in a hushed tone.

“I - I had a nightmare.” His sister squeaked. Lightningkit sighed and made a gesture that meant ‘come here’. Azurekit did, and he curled around her. After several heartbeats, her breaths were less panicked and she could feel her eyelids drooping.

A shadow slipped into the den. There was little moonlight, so they were hard to make out, but the silhouette was the shape of a cat. It had hazel eyes that seemed to glow in the comfortable darkness of the den. None of the cats in the nursery noticed except for Lightningkit; Featherstripe and Kinkkit were fast asleep, their soft snores filling the silence, and Azurekit was hovering just above a state of slumber. Lightningkit let out a low hiss as a warning, but he wasn’t too concerned. It was probably just one of their Clanmates.

Still, something was off about the visitor.

With one swift motion, the cat was right next to him and gripping his scruff between its teeth before Lightningkit knew what was going on. He struggled against the intruder, but only succeeded in making their grip tighter, so escape became less of a possibility. His hope fell.

Azurekit snapped back awake when she heard a disturbance in the den. She rose to see a strange figure carrying Lightningkit. Her brother’s eyes showed fear, and Azurekit jumped to attack the figure. It struck her with its front paw and she fell to the ground.

“Hey!” She growled and threw herself at the stranger once more. It lashed its tail at her, irritated. Azurekit dug her claws in its fur, coming away with tufts of ginger fur. It dropped Lightningkit and he scrambled away just as the stranger picked up Azurekit.

“Someone’s feisty. You know who would like you? Blade.” A feminine voice said.

“Let me - hmph!” Azurekit’s pleads were cut off abruptly as the intruder covered her mouth with one paw. Another dark figure walked into the den.

“Need help, Fox?” This voice was deep, and masculine. A sliver of moonlight revealed orange fur and a tattered red collar around his neck.

“That’d be great, Blaze. We have a witness, and I can’t carry them both.” The she-cat, who now had a name - Fox - gestured to Lightningkit.

“So you want me to do it.”

“Yes, Blaze, I want you to do it. Unless you want to risk the word getting out before Blade is ready.” Fox snapped.

“Whatever.” He sighed, stalking over to Lightningkit. Lightningkit pressed himself against the den wall, hissing. His fur was standing on end. “Well, little kit, looks like you’re coming with me.”

…………………

WORD COUNT: 618

…………………

A/N: Hey guys! Here’s the prologue. I know it’s kind of short, but bear with me; I hope that future chapters will be around 1,000+ words. Please tell me what you think! I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes that I didn’t catch. Also, the chapter playlist is exactly what it sounds like. For each chapter, I’ll suggest a few songs you can listen to while reading. In most of them, the lyrics might not exactly fit, but the sound enhances the reading - at least for me. They’re not in any specific order, so if you choose to listen to them, listen to them in whatever order you want. It’s your choice whether you want to listen to the chapter playlist or not. 

As for the little thing at the top that says “Part One: King and Lionheart” - it’s nothing important. You know how some books are split up into parts? Well, that’s what I’ve done here. It’s based on the song by Of Monsters and Men. I’m pretty sure there’ll only be two parts. The second part will be called Glory and Gore, based off the song by Lorde. 

I think that’s all right now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask~

• Posted at:

ceol

catdragon13873

Yay can't wait for the next one!

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

Thumbnail avatar 088970e1d9

horsedragon1273

That was good Ceol.

And it's okay for a prologue to be short (in my opinion anyways).

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

Who'ֆ ƃuɥƃnɐl ?

Masquerade

Look around- there's another mask behind you!

This is the choice, the point of no return!

Falling through the rabbit hole...

Drum Corps International is proud to present...

DCI.

7-8-14||A New World...
Thumbnail avatar 9dc07fdece

crowsoul50

Whoo!!! This is awesome so far and I’m super pumped that this is happening. 

• Posted at:

Ishmael

If I wasn’t a camp counselor, a superhero I would be!

I shoot out webs

I protect my hood

Mr Stark, I don’t feel so good

Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Oh wow my cats get mentioned first XD

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!
Thumbnail avatar efa1577a81

catpurple2395

I LOVE WARRIORS(As in cat warriors, not real ones. I love reading and kitties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)! Is it okay if I take some cat names for an RP?

• Posted at:

Mia❀✿

PROUD CHRISTIAN

Mia

Demigod of Hestia

ThunderClan Apprentice Slypaw

tricksterangel48

Thanks, everyone! If I actually do something tonight aside from re-watch Supernatural for the 8th time, I could get chapter one up tomorrow. But only because tomorrow’s Halloween; don’t expect quick updates all the time.

@Mia - You’d have to check with the people who created the cats. What names were you thinking of using? I’ll tell you the people who came up with those names so you can ask them.

• Posted at:

ceol

topazhamster42

@Mia

I can give you a list of warrior names sometime if you'd like

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

catpurple2395

Sorry, Topaz, I think I like the other names better.

Ceol: These are all the names I want to use, including Clan names.

LeafClan

LightClan

RainClan

Shadowheart

Tigershade

Eaglepaw

Thunderheart

Shadowpaw

Stonefur

Bubblekit

Breezekit

Blazepaw

Falconwhisper

Pebblekit

Nightfeather

Goldenkit

Lightningkit

• Posted at:

Mia❀✿

PROUD CHRISTIAN

Mia

Demigod of Hestia

catpurple2395

Sorry, Topaz, I think I like the other names better.

Ceol: These are all the names I want to use, including Clan names.

LeafClan

LightClan

RainClan

Shadowheart

Tigershade

Eaglepaw

Thunderheart

Shadowpaw

Stonefur

Bubblekit

Breezekit

Blazepaw

Falconwhisper

Pebblekit

Nightfeather

Goldenkit

Lightningkit

• Posted at:

Mia❀✿

PROUD CHRISTIAN

Mia

Demigod of Hestia

catpurple2395

How did that post twice? Sorry.

• Posted at:

Mia❀✿

PROUD CHRISTIAN

Mia

Demigod of Hestia

tricksterangel48

You’re more than welcome to use the Clan names!

I’m the owner of Shadowheart; you can use the name if you’d like.

Ikarus owns Tigershade, Eaglepaw, Stonefur, Blazepaw, Pebblekit and Falconwhisper.

Topaz owns Lightningkit.

Jade owns Bubblekit and Breezekit.

Rebel owns Thunderheart, Nightfeather and Shadowpaw.

Peace is the owner of Goldenkit.

(I’m pretty sure that’s right, but correct me if I got something wrong.)

• Posted at:

ceol

catdragon13873

You can use Breezekit and Bubblekit if you want!

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

tricksterangel48

Darn it I posted the chapter last night just before I went to bed and it didn’t go through...will try later today. I mean, it gives me a chance to revise at least. Sorry guys; guess you’ll have a Day of the Dead chapter instead. 

• Posted at:

ceol

tricksterangel48

CHAPTER ONE: False Hope
{Chapter Playlist: Awakening by The Script, Fire for Light by Blue Sky Black Death}

Thunderflame

A shrill yowl cut through the cool early morning air, waking Thunderflame. Her eyes snapped open and she scrambled to get to her feet, joining a stampede of warriors as they rushed out of the den to see what was wrong. The grey tortoiseshell followed the flood of cats into the nursery, terrible thoughts rushing through her head. Her movements were clumsy, her mind still clouded by sleep. The chilling wind tore into Thunderflame, and she fluffed out her fur to help her keep warm, though this did nothing. Small footsteps sounded behind her, and she turned around.

“Thunderflame! What’s going on?” A small white shorthair with pale ginger spots called out. Her voice was sweet and innocent - almost on the squeaky side, but not quite.

“‘Morning, Splashpaw. I don’t know what’s going on yet, but I was about to find out.”

“Let’s go, then!” The apprentice exclaimed, charging through the crowd that had gathered around the nursery. The whole Clan must’ve been there already.

Thunderflame smiled to herself and followed suit. Splashpaw was a joy to mentor; always a big ball of energy and excitement. Surprisingly, the older warrior never found her exhausting. The pair still had six moons of training to get through, however, so anything could happen.

As she pushed through the rest of the cats, Thunderflame saw Featherstripe whimpering, visibly in distress. The queen seemed to be looking for something, but Thunderflame wasn’t sure what - until she noticed that two kits were missing.

Azurekit and Lightningkit.

Featherstripe

After moons of late night tossing and turning, the queen had finally been lulled into what must’ve been the best sleep in her life, entirely oblivious as to the scene around her. When she woke up, what had happened to her kits was left up to her own imagination. Perhaps they’d wandered off, gotten a bit turned around; Oakstar would send out a search patrol and they’d find Azurekit and Lightningkit. That was what Featherstripe told herself, over and over, repeating it like a mantra in her brain.

The little voice in her head told her that this was ludicrous, but she ignored it, of course, clinging to false hope instead. That was fine with her. Her kits would be fine. She would be fine.

Willowbreeze

The medicine cat darted to the scene alongside Oakstar. She prayed that everything was all right, that it was just a false alarm, but once she got through the crowd of cats, she took one look at the scene and her optimism diminshed almost immediately.

Featherstripe was flopped on the floor of the den, wailing, while Kinkkit - StarClan love her - kept trying to reassure her. Oakstar rushed over to his mate and began trying to comfort her when Willowbreeze finally approached.

“Featherstripe, what’s the matter?” She tried to ask, but the only answer was a soft whimper. Oakstar simply shrugged, so the medicine cat turned to Hollydapple and her kits, who were watching with much curiosity. “Do any of you know what’s going on?”

“I’ve no idea.” Hollydapple said, but one of her kits spoke up.

Flamekit

“Azurekit and Lightningkit are missing.” The ginger tom blurted. Oakstar’s eyes widened.

“Featherstripe, is that right? Are they missing?” He demanded. The queen simply nodded. Kinkkit looked like she wanted to disappear.

Willowbreeze took a deep breath, then stepped away from the scene and turned to the other cats gathered around.

“Back up, give them some space. Is there anyone who knows what thyme looks like?” The medicine cat called out. She was surprisingly calm.

“I do!” A warrior named Thunderflame shouted over the murmurs of the crowd.

“Lovely. Could you fetch some from my den?”

Dusklight

Later that evening, when Featherstripe had settled down some, Oakstar asked Dusklight to start organising a search patrol. The kits had not yet returned as expected - quite a few cats were sure that they had simply wandered off, as kits often do, but the situation was beginning to look worse and worse. What if someone had kidnapped them? The thought had certainly crossed the warrior’s mind more than once. Dusklight shook it off and moved to do as Oakstar told him.

After a moment of surveying the Clan, the deputy made a decision. It’d have to be a medium-sized search patrol; they’d all be on top of each other if he sent too many, but if he sent a small patrol, they would never find the kits - and Oakstar would be angered that Dusklight wasn’t taking this seriously.

“The following warriors will be sent on a search patrol to find Featherstripe’s missing kits,” He had to yell to be heard over the cats. “Ravenwing, Lizardspark, Badgerstripe, Nightfeather, Squirrelleap, Yarrowleaf, and Thunderflame. The patrol will be led by Oakstar. Please be ready to leave shortly.”

Thunderflame

The patrol was out well past dawn, and they had left just as the evening settled. The assemblage of cats hadn’t found any trace of the kits - not even pawprints, which was peculiar. It had rained last night, and the ground was muddy, so there should have been prints.

It was almost as if the kits had just...vanished.

Lightningkit

Dawn arrived, and the cats who had stolen them - rogues, he presumed - were growing weary. He could sense it. The one named Fox cursed under her breath every so often, and the groups’ movements were getting noticeably slower. Perhaps their feet were beginning to ache; Lightningkit didn’t know, but he was sure that if he and his littermate waited until the right moment and weren’t foolish, they could escape.

A third cat had joined them a while ago, coming from LightClan territory. He was supposed to carry a kit as well, but the cat had nearly been caught and barely escaped himself. He’d dropped the kit while trying to save his own tail. His name was Hawk, and he seemed to be all brawn and no brains. Instead, Blaze had said he could help make sure that the two kits they did have - Lightningkit and Azurekit - didn’t run away.

Lightningkit had a feeling that Hawk would be easy to shake.

After a short while of more walking and uncomfortable silence, Blaze and Fox sent Hawk ahead to set up a makeshift camp. They called it a fort, though Lightningkit wasn’t sure why. It didn’t seem to be a fort in any way; but then, Lightningkit hadn’t exactly seen many forts in his lifetime.

There were three nests, which weren’t incredibly impressive and you could tell they’d been put together in a rush. The kit opened his jaws to ask where he and Azurekit would sleep, but when Hawk returned with vines, his question was answered.  

Blaze let him go, and Lightningkit thought briefly about just making a break for it, but then the older tom gave him a discouraging look and bared his teeth. To be entirely honest, the tom scared him. Fox intimidated him, as he knew she could easily take him down. Hawk, though, was a whole different story. Lightningkit knew he could outsmart Hawk. Unfortunately, so did Fox and Blaze. They would never leave the kits alone with Hawk because of this, so Azurekit and Lightningkit’s chances of escape were getting very slim.

Hawk pushed Lightningkit down and held him there while Blaze tied him up. He looped the vine around each paw twice using his jaws, then manoeuvred it to make a knot. How he did this was beyond Lightningkit. When Blaze was done tying up his paws, he forced the kit’s mouth open and gagged him with the rest of the vine. If Lightningkit wasn’t the one being tied up, he might’ve admitted that it was quite clever.

When they were done with him, they started on Azurekit. She gave Lightningkit a pleading look, but he knew by now that the rogues had them, and they weren’t getting free.

…………………

WORD COUNT: 1,312

………………

A/N - Mixed feelings about this one...the POV changes won’t be in every chapter,  but I had severe writer’s block and that was the only way to shake it. Also, the background characters played more of a part in this chapter, which won’t happen too much in the future. I liked writing Lightningkit’s little POV, but kind of ran into trouble when writing the other parts.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I’m sorry it’s kind of late - for some reason it wouldn’t go through. 

Happy reading ~

• Posted at:

ceol

catdragon13873

I love how you put Splashpaw and Thunderflame! Especially how adorkable Splashpaw is.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

catdragon13873

Bump

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

Thumbnail avatar 9dc07fdece

crowsoul50

Awesome work!

• Posted at:

Ishmael

If I wasn’t a camp counselor, a superhero I would be!

I shoot out webs

I protect my hood

Mr Stark, I don’t feel so good

Thumbnail avatar 088970e1d9

horsedragon1273

This is pretty good Ceol.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

Who'ֆ ƃuɥƃnɐl ?

Masquerade

Look around- there's another mask behind you!

This is the choice, the point of no return!

Falling through the rabbit hole...

Drum Corps International is proud to present...

DCI.

7-8-14||A New World...

topazhamster42

Oh gosh i'm not used to my characters getting so much spotlight :D

Nice job on the story

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

tricksterangel48

Thanks, everybody!

Hey, Topaz, I’m thinking about bumping Lightningkit to main character status. I actually really like writing from his point of view. Is that okay with you? You wouldn’t have to make a form unless you wanted to.

• Posted at:

ceol

topazhamster42

That's wonderful! I think I'll make a form sometime this week for him.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

catdragon13873

Bump this isn't allowed to die by any means.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

catdragon13873

Bump this isn’t allowed to die

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

tricksterangel48

Hey, guys! I’ve been swamped with schoolwork - essays, multiple projects, numerous tests to study for, and still some things that aren’t school-related. On top of that, I went to a concert last night and - well, I’m not exhausted right now because it still hasn’t caught up to me but I know I’ll be absolutely exhausted later. I’ve barely got anything down for chapter two, guys. I’m really stressed out right now, so there won’t be any chapter this week. I’m sorry, I’ll try to make it up to you later. Thanksgiving break is coming up, so there might be multiple chapters then. Sorry again!

• Posted at:

ceol

catdragon13873

It's fine! Everybody gets swamped sometimes.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

topazhamster42

Its fine now I have more time to make my forms

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Name: Lightningkit

Clan: RainClan

Apperance: A pale gold tabby tom with golden eyes and some lighter paws/tailtip/muzzle

Personality: sweet, thoughtful, not that hyper, you decide the rest, will become wise like his father, likes big words but doesn't over use them

Other: favorite food is water vole

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Bump

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

tricksterangel48

Accepted! I’ve made some progress on the next chapter, but I dunno when it’ll be up.

• Posted at:

ceol

tricksterangel48

Sorry, all. I’ve been hit with another essay. The chapter’s almost done, I’m just trying to find a way to end it. Might be up today or tomorrow. Worst case scenario, it’s not up until Sunday.

• Posted at:

ceol

topazhamster42

Ok

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

catdragon13873

Well, that's OK. I think I'm free on Sunday... Worst case scenario for me, I see it late.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

tricksterangel48

It’s finished. I didn’t really edit a lot, and it’s a tad shorter than I’d have liked, but it will work. It’s going through mod right now...

• Posted at:

ceol

tricksterangel48

CHAPTER TWO: Bite Down
{Chapter Playlist: N/A}

Shadowheart of LeafClan

The black tom slinked amongst the shadows, circling the camp. He closed his green eyes and waited in silence for a moment, then opened them once more and nearly jumped. Two sets of glowing eyes stared back at him; one set blue, the colour of the summer sky, and the other set a yellow-green colour. He mocked terror, and squeals of laughter sounded from the two figures in front of him.

“Got you!” Breezekit squeaked.

“I got him first!” Bubblekit argued.

“No, I did.”

“I did!” Bubblekit insisted, though still in a playful tone. Breezekit bared her teeth and the two kits scampered off, chasing and nipping at one another. Shadowheart grinned, amused, and brushed himself off. The herb stocks were full, no cat was injured, and it had been quiet the past three days. Oakdawn was exhausted from having to deal with the kits, and Shadowheart didn’t have anything else to do, so he kept the kits occupied. Eaglepaw was probably still off sleeping, and the medicine cat decided to let him. After all, it was still kind of early.

He set out to check on his mother, Jaywhisper. She was slowly going blind; right now, it was just her left eye, but it could easily get worse. Shadowheart crept into the elders’ den so as not to disturb Stonefur, who he thought was sleeping - but the two elders were wide awake, chatting.

“Hey, Stonefur. How’s that paw?” Recently, the medicine cat had pulled a thorn out of the older cat’s foot.

“Just like new. Could you get an apprentice to stop by later? There’s a tick that’s been bothering me lately.”

“Of course. Maybe I’ll get Shadepaw to do it.”

“Not Shadepaw, he never does it right. What about Blazepaw?”

“I’ll be sure to get Blazepaw to come by later.” Shadowheart turned to Jaywhisper. “How’ve you been doing?”

“I’m just fine; quit your worrying.”

“Are you sure? Your eye isn’t getting worse or anything like that?”

“I’m sure, Shadowheart. Don’t you have other things you ought to be doing, like impressing the young, pretty she-cats?”

“Mum, I’m a medicine cat, remember?” Shadowheart said, clearly embarrassed.

“Oh, that’s right. Too bad for them, then.”

“Have you been sleeping well?” He said, abruptly changing the subject.

“Just fine.”

“Mother...”

“I’m great, really, sweetheart. Now go attend to some other cat who needs your assistance.”

“Fine. I’ll go fetch Blazepaw, Stonefur. Don’t do anything stupid. I’ll send Icewing to check on you guys later.”

With that, the tom slipped out of the den. He found Blazepaw’s brother, a small, solid black tom named Darkpaw, cleaning himself by the entrance of the apprentices’ den.

“Darkpaw, hey! Have you seen Blazepaw?” He called out as he neared the ‘paw.

“Uh, yeah, he’s still sleeping.”

“All right. Will you tell him that Stonefur requests him in the elders’ den when he wakes up? It’s not too important now, but when he gets a chance.”

“Yeah, of cou-“ Darkpaw was cut off by a screech of pain. It sounded like it was coming from the nursery. Shadowheart whipped around and raced over, barging into the den.

Honeydapple was laying on the ground, clearly in pain. Oakdawn and Fallowstep hovered over her, and Bubblekit and Breezekit were hiding behind Oakdawn. The mother turned to her kits. “Creekclaw said he’d demonstrate basic battle moves for you if you’d like; do you want to go find him? I’ll let you watch.” Bubblekit immediately perked up and raced out of the den, presumably to find the tom. Breezekit gave Oakdawn a cynical look before following her sister with significantly less enthusiasm.

Shadowheart got down to business as soon as they left. The expecting queen yowled again, and Eaglepaw padded into the den.

“Shadowheart, what’s going on?”

“I think she’s kitting.”

Now?”

“No, she’s going to hold off until tomorrow. Yes, now!” Oakdawn snapped. Fallowstep’s eyes were wide, and he tried to comfort his mate, but was failing. By now, three more cats had gathered in the den - Ashenthorn, Tigershade, and Mapledawn.

“Mapledawn, go fetch a stick. It should be short but sturdy, and far from thin.” Shadowheart instructed. The she-cat dashed out to do as she had been told, though Eaglepaw looked confused. “That’s right, this is your first kitting.” He said to Eaglepaw. “She’s probably going to need something to bite down on, that’s why we need the stick.” He explained. Eaglepaw nodded. Honeydapple was breathing heavily and probably trying to hold back another shriek.

Outside, the Clan cats gathered around near the nursery while screams filled the air.

*time skip because reasons*

Hollydapple had given birth to five kits, three toms and two she-cats. A lot of jokes were made about what a handful they were going to be, but the queen wasn’t in the mood. Fallowstep had stayed near his mate the whole time. They’d named the kits already. Cherrykit, for the ginger she-kit, who looked a lot like her mother; Cloudkit for the white furred tom, who’d probably gotten his white fur from Fallowstep’s father, Timberpelt and kind of looked like Blizzardgaze, Fallowstep’s brother; Skykit, for the light brown she-kit that looked like her father; Fernkit, for the ginger tom; and Volekit, for the medium brown tom who was smaller than the others. 

The queen had fallen asleep, and Fallowstep lay right next to her. Shadowheart was checking up on them when he noticed there were only four kits: Cherrykit, Volekit, Cloudkit, and Skykit.

Where was Fernkit?

———————

WORD COUNT: 918

A/N: No chapter playlist because I’m lazy and also there are no songs that really go along with this chapter (at least, none that come to mind)

Happy reading~

• Posted at:

ceol

catdragon13873

This story is amazing.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

tricksterangel48

@Jade - Haha, thanks ^_^

• Posted at:

ceol

topazhamster42

Yaaaaassssssssssss

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!
    1 ,