Thumbnail avatar 5506f7e29e

puppybutterfly126

The girl sat on the couch in her living room, murmuring incoherently to herself as she read the book. She was about one fourth of the way through. She was about to turn the page, but something caught her eye. On the center of her large red rug sat a small golden box that hadn't been there when she sat down.

She stood up and looked at the box. No one else was home, they were all out somewhere else. Her mom and dad were seeing the newest Marvel movie, the one that had just come out, and her brother was with one of his friends at their house. She walked to the box. It had a note on it. All it said was “Here, have a gift. ~C.P.” She didn't know anyone with the initials C.R. She took the box and shook it. It seemed harmless. Anyways, who was she to look a gift horse in the mouth?

She went to the kitchen with the box. She got out her mother's scissors and cut the ribbon tying it shut. She pulled it off eagerly. She slowly lifted the lid off the box.

She screamed, something was pouring out of the box, why her, why her? She thought she felt her mind connect with four others, but it was probably her imagination. After a second, though it seemed like an eternity, everything went black, and she collapsed into the comforting darkness.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

RAINBOW

Proud Christian|A Character|Oldie

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Hate on the trait, not the person.

RememberOurLost|Aspiring Author|Gryffindor

puppybutterfly126

She woke up. Where was she? She was awake, but she was in complete darkness. How had she gotten here? The box, that’s right.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” she called into the darkness. It echoed, but no one answered.

“Hello?,” she whispered, again to no response at first

“Hello, Trina.” Trina started. Where did the voice come from? How did it know her name? “He he he. Yes, little one, I might seem creepy, but  I assure you I mean you no harm. I have come to help. As a token of my goodwill....”

A small box dropped in front of her. She could hardly see it. She took it hesitantly. “Oh, yes. I forgot you came here by that box on your floor.  My enemy managed to get that to you before I could stop him. It transported you 1,000,000 years into the future. This is to help you, I assure you.”

“1,000,000 YEARS!?!?!?!?!,” Trina yelled.

“Unfortunately, yes. Now that you’re here, only you can save us. You will also find two boys and two girls like you who want to join you. Three you can trust, the other one you can’t. Unfortunately, that’s all I know about them. I don’t know who they are or the one who isn’t trustworthy. I brought them all to different parts of this world. Beware, this future world is very different and you could get lost. I must go. Another has awakened. ”

“Wait! Don’t go! I need…” but there was silence. Suddenly, she heard a small whine next to her. The room was lit up at that whine.

A small gray husky puppy - at least that’s what she thought it was - stood up next to her. It nuzzled her. It had come out of the box. There was a scroll next to it as well. She picked up the puppy and took the scroll. She opened it.

In a neat hand, these words were written: Greetings, Trina. This scroll contains what I was not able to tell you before I left. C.P. is coming after you and wants to kill you so he can rule all of time. You were to be killed by lightning strike as soon as you arrived, but I have a spy in her factory who messed with the coordinates the box was supposed to send you to. Instead, it sent you to this cave. This husky will help you find the others. Her name is Shaylyn. Treat her as though she were your sister. When you are all together, I will come.

~The Voice on the Wind

She stared down at the writing. Well, better get out of here, she thought.

She picked up Shaylyn. “Can you get me out of here, Shaylyn?,” she asked the puppy, remembering that she wouldn’t call a sister “girl.” The husky yipped and trotted over to one side of the space. She punched the wall above where Shaylyn was sniffing and it collapsed. Sunlight filled her eyes. She picked up the husky.

“We’re free, Shaylyn!”

✵~❀~✵

Trina started down along the nearby road, Shaylyn sniffing in front of her. She let the husky lead her. She wondered about who she was going to find first. Suddenly, she realized something. She wasn’t wearing the clothes she’d been wearing when she opened the box on her floor. Instead, she was wearing a yellow dress with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it. She felt her ears. Her golden crosses had little golden lightning bolts dangling from them.

“Huh,” she said. She touched her neck. Her cross was still there, but it had two golden lightning charms on the side. She shrugged. It was still ok. She continued following Shaylyn.

About ten minutes later, she came upon a man riding an… interesting horse. It looked mostly normal, but it had scales instead of fur. The scales were obviously the same color it would have been had it had fur, but it was still unusual.

“Can you tell me what’s down this road, sir?”

“Sure, sweetheart. That leads to Kata-no Village, a small tech-savvy farming town. You should be fine there.” She nodded a thanks and headed after Shaylyn again.

Later, Trina realized that she was hungry. The box suddenly felt heavy in her pocket. She took it out. In it there was food and, to her surprise, sleeping clothes. She ate the food and went on, Shaylyn in the lead.

At dusk, she picked Shaylyn up and went into the shrubs on the side of the road. She took off the dress and put on the pajamas. A sleeping bag had appeared in the box. How the Hershey is everything getting into this box? And how does it FIT?  Trina wondered. She took it out and rolled it open on the ground. Trina snuggled into it and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

✵~❀~✵

Nine hours later, Trina woke up. She nudged Shaylyn with her foot and the little puppy woke up. She perked up immediately and was up and on the go. She ran circles around Trina as she got back in her new clothes.

As soon as Trina was ready to get back on the road, Shaylyn ran in front of her and went on. Trina had to jog to keep up with the energetic little puppy. The dust cloud they kicked up was legendary.

Unfortunately for them, that made it easy for a spy to sneak up behind them. He was C.P.’s top spy and wasn’t going to let his boss down. He was the best at everything a spy needed to be good at. Unfortunately for him, Trina’s hearing was even more legendary than the dust cloud she was making.

She heard footsteps behind her and whirled around. There, standing in the settling dust, was a man dressed in all black. He pointed some sort of gun thing at her. Before Trina knew what she was doing, she was running at the man. She felt as if there was lightning in her veins, empowering her. Allowing her to do what she had never done before.

He shouted in surprise at the courage that she was showing. He recovered himself and let out multiple shots from his gun. She dodged them with ease.

How am I doing this? Trina thought to herself as she elbowed the man in the gut, causing him to drop the gun. She grabbed the barrel and knocked him unconscious before he could reveal any hidden weapons. She stopped short. The lightning she had felt in her veins drained away as she stood there.

Well, I don’t know WHAT that was, but better check him for weapons. Trina checked everywhere she could think of that a weapon could be concealed. She found two more guns and a knife. She put them in the pack that had just appeared in the box. It, like the rest of her outfit, was buttercup yellow with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it.

She pulled out a rope and tied him to a tree. She gagged him with some linen she found on the ground. She wasn’t going to hurt him any more than she had to, but it was better to be on the safe side.

“Let’s take a path OFF the road so we don’t run into anyone else who wants to kill us, Shaylyn,” she told the puppy. The husky obediently went off the road. Trina followed.

They took a path through trees, weaving, dipping, and ducking. Trina wasn’t about to take her chances with the road after what had just happened. She did not want to have to beat up some random guy again. Or tie him to a tree. She still wondered if she was being followed, however.

Trina jumped. There had been a crash in the woods behind her. She heard someone swearing about trees and their job and smart girls that were hard to track.

As silently as she could, she nudged Shaylyn.

The husky got the note and started running as quickly and quietly as she could. Trina followed. They were still kind of loud, and the person heard them running. They sprinted after the girl and the husky.

Trina got that lightning feeling again. She picked up Shaylyn and left her pursuer behind. The person drooped to the ground and started snoring, devoid of any energy. Trina ran and ran, not getting tired. She ran back onto the road and kept sprinting, not caring that she kicked up even more dust than before. All she knew was that she needed to get to the village, needed to hide, needed to find the others.

Several people stopped in amazement as she ran past them. One yelled,”Hey, missy, where you going in such a hurry? Only thing this way in the next few miles is Kata-no Village!”

“That’s where I’m going,” she called back. She kept running. A horse galloped next to her. It wasn’t one of the scaly ones, but one of the ones she was used to, and it had a bow on it and a note on the bow. All it said was V.o.t.W, but she got the message. Not skipping a beat, she jumped and landed perfectly on the horse.

The horse immediately went into a gallop, going even faster than Trina had. Trina sat in the saddle, feeling the burst of energy she had had drain away. Shaylyn was surprisingly keeping up with the horse.

The road was now giving her a rural feel, for the brush on the side of the road was overgrown and dense. It soon got so bad that the horse could not navigate correctly. Trina was forced to get off the horse. She pulled a leaf cutter out of the magic box and started cutting the shrubs. She was going to keep the horse, because who knew when it would come in handy?

Only God, Trina thought as she led the horse and cut the shrubs in their way, Shaylyn had leaped onto the horse and was napping on the saddle. I’m going to need to  name the horse, she thought. What was a good horse name? It looked like the white horse from Breath of the Wild, so she named it Zelda, what she had named the in-game horse.

“Hey, Zelda,” she said to the horse. The horse nickered and stamped its hoof. She took that as the horse seal of approval. She continued cutting.

She soon came to a clearing. The horse dipped her head and started eating the green grass that grew there. Trina realized it was again almost dark. She got into her pajamas and rolled out her sleeping bag. She strung a string around the clearing and put alarms at foot intervals so if someone came in her sleep, she’d hear the alarms go off.

She got into her sleeping bag, but she couldn’t fall asleep. Neither of her companions could, either. They were all so restless. Something was wrong.

A low growl came from the woods. Brush rustled. The wind started howling. Trina stood up and quickly put on her clothes. A growl came from the other direction. She pulled a sword out of the box. She’d had training with a sword back in her time, so she knew how to use one.

Growls came from all sides. Five bears walked toward the clearing. But they were… wrong somehow. They were drooling way too much, and their eyes were red. She noticed that part of their head had been replaced.

As the first one set foot in the clearing, Trina ran to Shaylyn, picked her up, and jumped onto Zelda. As soon as Trina was settled, Zelda took off at a gallop. She clung to Zelda’s mane as the horse traversed the road, leaving the bears behind. But the bears still ran after them.

Zelda took a sharp turn and ran into a copse of trees. The bears ran down the road, intent on pursuit but not noticing those they were running after weren’t in front of them. The trio waited for a minute or two then continued on their way.

As soon as Trina got on Zelda, Zelda started to trot. They didn’t gallop because it might attract more crazy animals, but they still made good time. Shaylyn took turns running beside them or resting behind Trina.

They kept going until daybreak. Trina settled in a tree to keep bears from getting her. She took Shaylyn with her. Zelda was left untethered so she could run if anything came. She picked a wide tree branch and laid out her sleeping bag. She went to sleep once her head hit the pillow.

Trina woke up to the sun shining brightly in her eyes. She blinked rapidly to restore her vision. The horse was still standing, and Shaylyn was still on her, so she took that as a good sign. She gently removed Shaylyn and climbed down. She reached up and took the still-sleeping puppy off the branch and got on Zelda. The horse started, started walking, and with time, worked up to a canter.

✵~❀~✵

An hour later, Trina stroked Shaylyn with one hand, holding onto the horse’s mane with another. Shaylyn was still asleep somehow. Zelda steadily cantered down the road, kicking up a miniscule amount of dust.

Trina heard people moving. She looked up into the trees. Above her, black-clad men ran on the tree branches thick enough to support their weight. She took the guns that she had taken from her first assailant out of her pack.

Don’t kill, wound or scare, Trina told herself. She aimed and fired. The shot hit a tree branch and the man on it fell. He hit his head on the road and was knocked unconscious. She fired again and the remaining men fell, as they had been on the same branch. They fell heavily and blacked out near their co-worker.

The trio rode on. The dust was still the same, but they seemed to be unwatched. The silence was disturbing. There were no bees buzzing or birds chirping. She started to get scared. Where are all the animals?

A gunshot sounded. A bird had been flying above her, but it fell to the ground dead. They’re being hunted! This is a hunting ground! We need to get out of here. Thankfully, Zelda hadn’t spooked when the gunshot sounded. Trina urged her into a gallop. They needed to get out, and soon, or they might end up a trophy on someone’s wall.

They galloped down the road. Shaylyn had woken up in all the commotion and was now running beside the horse. The brush started to clear out. Just then, a bullet rushed past them. They were being hunted.

Zelda ran as fast as she could. Bullets screamed by, but miraculously none hit them. They kept going. The shrubbery got thinner and thinner. Soon, the brush cleared completely. A village came into view. They headed down the road to the village.

• Posted at:

RAINBOW

puppybutterfly126

WAIT I GOT STARS FOR THAT

• Posted at:

RAINBOW

Thumbnail avatar 64dd561ea5

lynxlynx3024

You think you don't deserve my stars????

• Posted at:

HUGO/NEBUR/NEVA/AZER

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts

-Bertrand russell

#RememberOurLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

Thumbnail avatar 85c4a7060f

wolfdragon37424

Keep posting!!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕнσ¢к 

Queen of Amber Gradients, yo

The reality is messier and richer, kids.

The reality is not a pretty picture, kids.

These are the tears of things, and our mortality cuts to the heart.

Ash = Sister

#teamBlue-Eyes

Thumbnail avatar b66004fc17

darkwizard810

Ayyy BotW 

• Posted at:

Call me Red

Ravenclaw

Son of Hermes

Pokemon Trainer

Hyrulian

Meme Master

Boy Scout

Stranger Things Fan

If I’m acting crazy, I have ADHD

Spirit Tracks is underrated

General Geek(not a nerd)

puppybutterfly126

YES ZELDA IS AWESOME- Next post should have chapter 2

• Posted at:

RAINBOW

Do you plan on publishing this when finished?

• Posted at:

(~Fizzy~)

"Hello! This is the part where I kill you!" -Wheatley, Portal 2

"          " -Someone who doesn't exist

"Great, the gang's all here. Now we can die together." Yang Xiao Long, RWBY Volume 1 Chapter 8

#Fizzegade

#PrayforFriederikevictims 

Thumbnail avatar 94ec58ef24

magicdragon1569

This is awesome! Keep writing! :D

• Posted at:

"Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have till we lose it." -Rollan/SA

Just Verde will do thank you.

My gang: Alexa|Sparta|WingStar|Jenn|Sun|Mason|LeafWing|

Home Thread: /310654

#I'mNotGirlie