By definition, this is going to be a thread full of big spoilers, so don’t read more if you don’t want to be spoiled!

There are so many twists and turns in Spirit Animals, you’re never totally sure what’s going to happen next. What surprised you most so far in the series? What was something you didn’t see coming? It doesn’t have to be a big deal in the world of the series (though it can be!), just whatever you personally didn’t see coming...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

Wings of Fire: Ask and answer trivia /305351

Storystarter: spirit animal POV /306163

Shadow House images /306164

Horizon: Your best tech project /305353

Need storystarters? Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

Thumbnail avatar bd312153fb

crowwings29

First.

Anyway, I honestly didn't expect a second series but something else was the red cloaks. Also SHANE'S DEATH. SHANE DYING IN GENERAL. SHANE DESERVED BETTER. 

• Posted at:

//Gem.exe\\

He/she/they

MEDIATOR INFP-T

The Accidental Child of Zeus

First born of SAMB

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Lovewins

#rememberthelost

#LGBTQ+shipper

I am a Child Of Zeus, don't mess with me or I'll electrocute you! >:D

Thumbnail avatar ef17cc5c71

amazingdawn82

Meilin and the Bile.

Rollan and his mom.

Abeke's dad not caring about her.

Conor's mother becoming Devin's servant.

Literally everything about the four major characters or their families that made no sense.

Shall I go on?

• Posted at:

Constellation

Your friendly neighborhood starlight princess!

Gang @/306546

"Well, for your information,

THE NAME'S CONSTELLATION."

Thumbnail avatar 85c4a7060f

wolfdragon37424

Third.

• Posted at:

✧○ ¢αтѕнσ¢к ○✧

4/24/17   

we breathe

we cry, like animals

These are the tears of things, and our mortality cuts to the heart.

#Don'tAskJustGoogle!

Thumbnail avatar 29d6ade36f

hunterwolf85

um i think when they summoned the spirit animals

it was totally not in the title or anything ;)

• Posted at:

(( Ł Ë Ø )

f o r u m p h a r a o h

violinist // whovian // ENFJ // slytherin // aries

"the blushing light, just another la devotee"

Utensil Police // Duck Cultist

#AllPeopleArePeople

merry christmas !!!!!
Thumbnail avatar a6a9dc354f

airportwinter35

Forth. 

Meilin  and bile,

Shane's dead,

Rollan's mother,

Devin and Worthy,

Zerif's second attack

• Posted at:

kLeopardk Call Jacob

Great Plain   

world   erilja

of      -log100+XYZ=???

Mine Craft-Sims-Extreme  Landings        

SA!   Anything interesting

Thumbnail avatar a0571c1b3c

skyscraperarrow12

if Worthy doesn't come back, i will--

• Posted at:

Call Me Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

The truth is...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

Thumbnail avatar 609e8d938d

arrogantdragon60

Number One: Shane being the Reptile King

Number Two: The Redcloaks

Number Three: Zerif turning on Shane

And, finally, the biggest shocker: Shane's death

Why?!

• Posted at:

huge fan of 39 clues

i am a girl

extreme jesus freak

Go Spirit Animals!!!

Shaneke rocks!!

Biggest shockers in the Spirit Animals series- The second one will shock you!

• Posted at:

I'm the friend you need....

CP~~

she/her

aka Dapperpaws

Christian

#Capperity

#Shadowlight

#Twizzlepop

#CheesePie

#Flimjack

#QuibbleDash

#Fluttercord

#Spember

#Starmaro

Forum sister: Snowdust

"Just take the blanket with you!"

Thumbnail avatar a44bcfd1d9

ponyspicy6

yes:p

• Posted at:

i am........

-a greenclock

-an agent

-the daughter of moon and qibli

-or a rainwing

-a muslim

-a sister

-a daughter 

-a warrior

-a student

-a bookworm

-a peace maker

-huffelpuff

-a normal girl

<~snow~>

Thumbnail avatar 74fcc26f92

teabear54

Tarik’s death :(

• Posted at:

Ψ ZE GREAT AND POWERFUL FAFNIR Ψ

Christian

#Fade

I'm way too awkward for my own good

#REMEMBER ZOE

im a pretty cool person. i think.

Thumbnail avatar 6519ec8898

dragoncloudburst385

Shane's death, man.

That was sad as heck.

• Posted at:

Stormwinds Aimable

What more did you expect from me?

Thumbnail avatar 6947853dac

dolphinbutterfly1060

I agree with @Gem.exe. Shane deserved much better...

#ShaneDeservedBetter!!~

• Posted at:

✖️フェアレディアッシュ

♥︎ ι'ℓℓ ℓσνє уσυ fσяєνєя αи∂ α ∂αу ♥︎

#Kødash

#Catkie

"Just grab a chainsaw and end my suffering..." ~The fair lady Angel

Character placeholder thumbnail

redring41

1.Shane being the Devourer

2. Meilin and the bile 

3. Rollan's mom

4. Tarik's sister

5. Stead being Alix not Karmo 

The biggest shocker is that Worthy got two books to redeem himself and Shane only got one. Also, it is really shocking that one of the Redcloaks haven't pointed out that Abeke betrayed Shane before Shane betrayed her. (It would be super shocking if Kovo felt bad about Shane's death.)

#Shanedeservedbetter

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 435436e15b

icedragon791

Biggest shocker is Shane's reveal as the Devourer, hands down.

@Redring41

I'm also waiting for a Redcloak to point Abeke out. If there's anything more disappointing than Shane getting one book to redeem himself in front of the Greencloaks, it's that it takes two books for Abeke to have a serious talk about him after he dies. And even so, the conversation between her and Worthy turns defensive quickly when Uraza is brought up. 

As much as Abeke wants to defend Uraza though, can Abeke really even defend herself? A part of her still doubted Shane throughout the book, leading her to be needlessly cruel or unsympathetic to him at a couple of points. And what if a Redcloak confronts her by asking, "why didn't you shoot Uraza sooner?" Nothing so far could break free from the Wyrm's control, so Uraza was bound to hurt someone eventually.

I'll admit that it was still ultimately Shane's own choice to save Abeke, and the Redcloaks should understand that too, plus you can't control the outcome of a battle, but it annoys me how Abeke is quick to defend her spirit animal, but does not seem to even consider her own shortcomings.     

• Posted at:

Feel free to call me Emerald or just IceDragon.

#Proud Catholic

#Go RainWings, RiverClan, team RWBY, and Redcloaks!

And I'm out!

I hope I don't come off as aggressive since I know typed words can seem more blunt and aggressive then spoken words. Plus I promise that as I'm typing this, I'm not typing with any anger. This is just what I personally think, and I'm saying this objectively. 

Shane's death hands down shocked me the most. I mean, I think we all knew that Shane was the tragic hero type, but the way he died ticked me off. Abeke totally prioritized her Spirit Animal when she knew there was no current way to remove the affects of the Wyrm. And since all she did was shoot Uraza to distract her, and she didn't even kill Uraza, it really bothers me that she didn't shoot Uraza until Shane was being mauled to death. I feel like that was a severe error in judgement, and totally unlike Abeke. And to top things off, like some fans have mentioned, Abeke has been so touchy whenever Uraza is brought up with Shane's death. That's not cool. Especially since the guy literally died to save her from her own Spirit Animal.

And again, like I've heard some fans mention both on and off line, it's shocking that Worthy got two books to redeem himself, and properly talk with the four kids, when Shane only got one. I'm not even sure The Burning Tide counts as a book where he got to properly redeem himself since Abeke and the others never really talked to him properly until the book was almost over, and since he didn't even make it to the end. And again, I agree when I've heard some people say that it's surprising that the Red Cloaks haven't called Abeke out for her error in judgment that lead to their leader's death.  But to sum it up, I personally believe that we got an unsatisfying end to one of Spirit Animal's best characters, and I feel like his death and Abeke's actions haven't been addressed by the characters well enough. Shane was a character that really gave the books a certain spark, and I feel like so much more could be done with his character. I'm crossing my fingers that as the holiday season is rolling around, that we might be gifted with a return of this amazing character.

#Shanedeservedbetter

• Posted at:

Yona of the Dawn, Lockwood and Co, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Spirit Animals fan.

Thumbnail avatar cbb2459b9e

lynxlynx3024

I didn't even know that shane would die. In wich book is it?

• Posted at:

HUGO/NEBUR

I love playing this game

I love my spirit animal

I love making friends

I love animals 

I love reading

I love cycling

I hate being late to react,

so I always respond

#Cookgo 

Thumbnail avatar 61fb27d2f8

bloodhoundbear1313

yes

• Posted at:

jm

icedragon791

@Hugo

Book four of Fall of the Beasts: "The Burning Tide."

• Posted at:

#Proud Catholic

And I'm out!

Thumbnail avatar 461b5acaf3

frostdinosaur91

Tarik's death.... forget Shane.... I don't forgive him... yet.....

• Posted at:

Frost/Try

I am Lerahk. I'm Vorahk. We are Rahkehi. The servants of Makta...

Fantastic Beasts and The Crimes of Grindelwald!

I'm a Mormo

I play Super Smash Bros!!

redring41

Since we are talking a little bit about Shane I should point out that if Shane had been possessed and was attacking Uraza, Abeke would have shot him (and probably killed him) a lot sooner than she shot Uraza. That is so unfair. Definitely considering the fact that one of the reasons Shane betrayed Abeke was because of the threat of being possessed by the bile and killing Abeke because of it.

Another very annoying thing is that in Heart of the Land it is mentioned that after everything Shane has done for them Abeke still focuses on the fact that he betrayed her, Conor chooses not to think about, Meilin just plain doesn't care, and Rollan still can't  give up his pride and forgive him. While the four fallen may flourish in fighting, they fail in forgiveness .

Also, I have seen a couple people saying that they still hate Shane and I just want to say that if you do the only person paying for your hate is you. You missed out on liking a great, brave, and in the end a very honorable character.  

#Shanedeservedbetter 

• Posted at:

redring41

@sapphiredragon4186

Shane coming back would be the Best Holiday Gift.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 821faab970

artmusic181

I think it was Tarik dying for me even though I probably saw it coming because they were in desperate need of a gigantic plot twist. Oh, I call plot twist: Connor is secretly evil.

• Posted at:

-Moonpearl-

Inside, I am a wolf.

You think I'm being cool, but really I'm being me.

I'm fine with being me.

I can't be anyone else because they're already taken.

Moonpearl, daughter of Venus, daughter of the night.

redring41

Conor being secretly evil would be awesome but it is probably never going to happen. Maybe Alix/Stead is with the oathbound . Also, are they ever going to explain what happened to Maddox. Tahlia being the reptile queen was a pretty big plot twist too.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 1a59203ae4

indigowolf589

uh

the demented crazy tentacle parasite wyrm thing?

• Posted at:

Asena

"reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram."

probably sleeping, reading maze runner or fangirling over bill and newt

maze runner fangirl ☀ gravity falls fangirl 

__tazi☀hound fan__

☀☀☀

icedragon791

Have you played the game before, redring? Your profile says level one... um, spoiler warning for the cavern quests I guess, but the Keeper fights an Wyrm-infected Maddox in the final battle. After the fight Talon comments, "the poor brute." I'm guessing he's dead... Talon and Worthy were originally supposed to be chasing him underground or something.

You know what would be another great shocker though? If Tahlia somehow survived her second death, and hired the fake Greencloaks to kill the emperor and frame the real heroes. She's crazy and viscious enough to do it, and enough plot armor could technically make her survive a crocodile attack. This could launch a chain of events from the return of her pyschotic character, the reveal of the backstory between her and Shane, and the possible return of Stretriol's water-holding frog legend.

Of course, it could still just be a stretch, but in all seriousness, it was established in Heart of the Land that someone purposely framed the Greencloaks. Are the heroes ever going to find this out? No attention was really drawn to this in Wildcat's Claw. Who could it even be? A returning character (although there's not many villains to choose from), or a complete new one?

• Posted at:

#Proud Catholic

And I'm out!

redring41

Icedragon I always thought that Tahlia may be behind it all. She is very clever and probably found a way to survive a crocodile. It would be very cool if she had a wooden leg. Before I thought that maybe she was helping Zerif and she would be the one to kill Shane. A really big plot twist would be if she was a Redcloak but I just don't see that happening. I wonder she will be mad that she wasn't the one to kill Shane. Also where is Anya in all of this. 

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar da3655a22c

icywings4

I jumped out of my seat, when Shane summoned his crocodile for the first time, and when Halawir, came in and took the talismans.

• Posted at:

I was totally surprised when Reilin was a thing ;)))

• Posted at:

I am a curse

And it's a blessing

I am a storm

And I rain pennies

I am a shadow

And my mother is the Sun

I am a teardrop

And I clean your eyes

I am a dagger

And I solve your problems...

So the light causes shadows,

But the shadows were born from light.

Thumbnail avatar a44bcfd1d9

ponyspicy6

@ redring41 is you're talking about anka i am pretty sure that  she is a fakecloak and is going to betray the greenclocks. 

• Posted at:

i am........

-a greenclock

-an agent

-the daughter of moon and qibli

-or a rainwing

-a muslim

-a sister

-a daughter 

-a warrior

-a student

-a bookworm

-a peace maker

-huffelpuff

-a normal girl

<~snow~>

icedragon791

In the cast of Spirit Animals, there is first an Anya, then an Anda, and finally an Anka. (Um, authors? Care to explain your choice of names?) Anya's a girl from The Book of Shane Part 3.

Anya was supposed to just be a normal girl though. I imagine that she could easily be a friend to the Redcloaks and help them if they ever ask - I imagine that Viktor and his islanders would help too - but it doesn't sound to me like the authors were planning for her to be a reoccurring character.

I think that Shya's still a better love story than Shabeke

• Posted at:

#Proud Catholic

And I'm out!

@redring41

I agree. Unfortunately, I feel like she likely would have shot Shane without as much hesitation as Uraza. I love the books but sometimes I question our fave characters choices/actions because of things like that. Which brings me to something else you said. While I am sad and frustrated with how the dynamic between Shane and Abeke ended (I still am a massive shipper of them even after his death), I agree that the other characters have been kind of lacking with addressing his death properly too. I agree when you say the rest of the group hasn't been very forgiving. I don't think they even mourned Shane.

I'm not saying it had to be tears like with Terik, since the rest of the group wasn't as close to Shane as Abeke was, nor did they have a reason to even like him since before his journey to try to achieve redemption he made some very questionable, and bad decisions. But you'd think they would at least be a little sad that he got killed by one of the Spirit Animals in their group, and that he had to die such a tragic death, especially after saving their friend.

And I don't think I need to say it, but it also bothers me that Abeke's still so focused on Shane betraying her in the past. I'm not saying she should forget, because that was a learning experience, and he did hurt her. But after learning why he made so many of those poor/risky decisions I find it a little cruel that she's so unsympathetic, especially since he ultimately showed he cared since he proved he would, and did die for her. But yep. I'm crossing my finger's for what would be the best Spirit Animals holiday gift of 2017. (In my humble opinion.) Please Spirit Animals Santa! Please! (Do they have a version of Santa in the spirit animals world though? That would be cool.)

• Posted at:

Yona of the Dawn, Lockwood and Co, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Spirit Animals fan.

i go with Shane's death

• Posted at:

@sapphiredragon, I want a Spirit Animals Santa now too!! Thanks for that amazing image. Would Santa's spirit animal be a reindeer? And would he be a Greencloak? Because even for the outfit I can't picture him as a Redcloak... ;)

• Posted at:

Recent threads

Wings of Fire: Ask and answer trivia /305351

Storystarter: spirit animal POV /306163

Shadow House images /306164

Horizon: Your best tech project /305353

Need storystarters? Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

redring41

Dear Spirit Animals Santa,

Give me back my Shane.

From Redring41

@SapphireDragon 

I think I may be the only person who thinks like this but when Abeke asks Worthy if he misses Shane and he responds with "Yeah. I guess I do ." I felt like that was a not exactly a bad but kind of strange  answer. I feel like "I guess I do" is the kind of answer you give if someone asks you 'Do you miss school after your long vacation?' or 'Do you miss your sidling who went off to college?'. I don't know whether to be offended by this or just plain worried for my mental health.

I feel like it would be really awesome if Santa's spirit animal was some desert animal. (That would be ironic.) It should be something that would allow him to visit a lot of places in one night. *wink*wink*

Also, I know this is completely off topic but I noticed some people have little statements underneath their posts and I was wondering how you do that.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 7aab741b8f

pinkpuppy1315

[Warning: Spoilers ahead. Please proceed with caution.]

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the biggest plot twist in all of Spirit Animals, but it's definitely my least favorite one: Worthy "dying".

Of course, there's still a possibility that he might be alive, and I'm really hoping that that will happen. But if he was truly killed off, then I'm gonna have to have a talk with the authors.

First of all, Worthy was one of the best characters. He had the most character development over anyone. He had a whole redemption ark and everything. He had a pretty relatable and lovable personality, that seemed pretty balanced in terms of flaws and strengths. He seemed to have more personality than the other characters, in my opinion. The main four characters have had lots of developement and journies too, but they honestly seem a little dull compared to Worthy.

Second of all, I think it would be a pretty bad decision to just take all of the things about Worthy I just listed and just throw them out the window like the writers of RWBY did with Roman Torchwick. I highly doubt that an author of Spirit Animals is reading this right now (if not a mod or other scholastic worker), but I would like to say that you really shouldn't go through all of this character developement and story telling just to kill off one of the best characters.

Third of all, if Worthy dies, this may have an impact on the other characters. Think about Dawson. If Worthy died and Dawson appeared in the books again, he would definitely be devestated. Worthy and Dawson were very close, and a generally optimistic and wise character would go straight to a pessimistic and blind character. Not to mention the Four Fallen and their chameleon-powered companion. Even if they weren't as close to Worthy as Dawson was, this would probably have an impact on them. They all even cried together at the end of The Wildcat's Claw. Don't you think the characters and readers of Spirit Animals have had enough grief? There's been so much tragedy and character death and fights and blood and things that probably wouldn't even be appropriate for the SAMB. Both the main characters of Spirit Animals and the readers are all usually 10 - 14 years old. As a big Worthy fan myself, I have gone through a lot of real life feels, as well as book feels, anime feels, TV show feels, movie feels, graphic novel feels, comic book feels, video feels, and more.

Please, authors/mods, have mercy on us. Or at least have mercy on Worthy. All we want is for our little cat boy to survive that random dramatic cave scene thing you guys decided to throw in at the last second.

Thank you.

And I'm sorry for this turning into an angry long-winded rant about how Worthy should survive the "cave incident" in the books, when it was supposed to just be a fun little thread about your favorite plot twists. I'm sorry, but we need justice for our cat child.

-Puppy

• Posted at:

~Puppy Traitare Hamiltonia~

Aka Spider Puppy, Dog Child, Puppeh, Ghost Puppy, or Doggo

Gang:

Angelica Luise

Selena

Bliss!!!

Briggan

Mist

Violet

Flame

#BobcatSquad

#RickRollSquad

#IkilledNightRobin

SAMBer of the day: Candy/Marigold

icedragon791

@Redring

I was also confused about Worthy's reaction. Does it sound like Worthy does not miss Shane that much? I mean, he "guesses" that he does... Were they ever even close friends in the first place then? Or, does Worthy just not think about it too much? What if he just had trouble admitting it?... That's how some people grieve, right? Or maybe that's what he said because he he's already over it...

(My gosh, I managed to overthink the meaning of five words... I'm sorry in advance for any lengthy posts I make)

I wish the other Redcloaks could reappear already so that we could get their reactions though. Am I also the only one concerned about Stead in all of this? He described his loyalty pretty strongly in Broken Ground. How he's doing as leader without Shane? Has he even named another second-in-command? And just who would that be? ...Wait, can Stead be using Shane's saber too? Like how Rollan keeps Tarik's cloak?

Please, SA Santa, at least bring back Shane for a flashback! (And you know, use the other Redcloaks for this!)

And off-topic time: The bottom statement is your signature. You can change it by clicking "my signature" on the front page of the forums or in the drop-down box of "forums" on the navigation bar.

• Posted at:

#Proud Catholic

And I'm out!

icedragon791

#ShaneDeservedBetter

and now

#JusticeForOurCatChild

(That post made my day! "All we want is for our little cat boy to survive that random dramatic cave scene thing you guys decided to throw in at the last second," perfectly describes the book.)

• Posted at:

#Proud Catholic

And I'm out!

@Moderator Sarah E

Thanks for responding Ms. Sarah E.! I love how the admins are actively involved with the discussions! I think that if there was a Spirit Animal Santa his animal would be a reindeer like you said. (But I love @redring41's idea about the desert animal thing.) I think that maybe this reindeer with have the power of speed, or be able to slow down time like Jhi so that all the gifts would be sent on schedule. But maybe instead of being like the modern Santa Claus where gifts are given to every good child, it would be more like the tradtional St. Nick who helped the poor. So maybe all his gifts would go to poor children when the season starts to get cold. (So I guess that means not long ago, Rollan and some of the street kids in Concorba would have been getting lots of gifts.). I think that this Santa wouldn't be a Greencloak since the Greencloaks are always busy well...saving the world. I think he would be a figure in a fancy red cloak who isn't really a "Redcloak." He would have been around before then, and is only thought of as a myth like the modern Santa because he was to fast and sneaky for anyone to ever see him. He would probably also help the poor every other season as well, but winter is where he works the hardest since that's when it's hardest to grow crops, and where the weather is most strenuous.

• Posted at:

@Redring41

Lol. Yes! I will join you in writing that letter!:

Dear Spirit Animals Santa,

Please give the fandom back our Shane. Preferably alive and well,

and not as a ghost or something. And can we have the return of the

Shabeke ship as well? It ended so tragically, and we really need it back!

Pretty please with Nectar on top?Thanks for reading this!

-Sincerely:  A truly desperate fan

But lol, don't worry about your mental health. I totally agree. That "I guess I do" from Worthy felt really shady to me too. If he wasn't such an awkward guy, I'd probably be annoyed at how nonchalant that sounded. But I think he truly does miss Shane. He was probably so used to thinking of Shane as his leader, he probably forgot that the valuable leader he and his friends lost was also someone who became more than a noble and kind leader: a treasured friend.

But yep! I totally agree that a desert animal would be cool! But a reindeer has always been the traditional image and I've gotten used to it, so I think that I would personally stick with that. But it would make sense if this SA Santa was a desert guy with a magical camel. (Saying magical camel makes me smile everytime.) Maybe he lived in a poor desert village, and that inspired him to get help from his camel to give to others who are poor like he was. I think I would be fine with either version of the Santa that's chosen.

• Posted at:

1 ,