wheeeee third times the charm
IMPORTANT BACKGROUND/INFO STUFF
From the moment you arrived at this sleepy beach town your life was recently uprooted and put in, you knew there was something off about it. On the surface, Aucteraden seemed a normal place, just a bit small and sleepy. Perhaps the fact that everyone knew everyone was a bit jarring, but nothing outright unusual. The more you looked into the town, however, the more you found things that were slightly off about it. It seemed to be in its own world altogether. Everyone knew everyone in the town, and everyone knew everything that happened in it. Even the neighboring towns seemed to have some level of disconnect from this little corner of the country. Eventually, though, you convinced yourself it was just part of life and took it as the normal around here, blending yourself in among the seasoned citizens who, come to think of it, seemed to be just as weird as the place they lived in.
For a couple of years now, new families have regularly arrived at the town, though little to no people have left for extended times. The amount of new arrivals was weird for you, just as everything else about this place was at first, but it was again accepted as normal. No one questioned it, so you just assumed it was another of the town's quirks. You are one of these kids.
Just recently, yet another new kid arrived in town, and since their arrival the town has been increasingly growing stranger and stranger before your eyes. Again, it was most likely the town's naturally strange air, but after some time it began to be too jarring to be just a weird town. There was definitely something going on, and something involving another ten of these other new arrivals at that, as these things have also been going on with them just as with you. All that's left is to get to the bottom of this very peculiar town's seemingly unending array of secrets.
OTHER INFO NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR ABOVE
1. Strange Occurrences: The occurrences that happen are loosely based around the abilities. For example, the person who gains time manipulation might experience that moment when you space out for what seems like a few seconds except you look at the clock and realize three hours have passed, or they might go to sleep and wake up to find that no time has passed from when they fell asleep. These won't always be the ones to happen, though. They can just be general variety strange happenings. The causes for these weird occurrences are the spirits of twilight, invisible and non-corporeal fey-like creatures only known in legends lost to time, which are drawn to the twelve kids. They cannot leave the borders of the town, and any effect the spirits have on you will go away once you leave the town. For example, if one creates a shadow monster, it will disappear, or if one is putting voices in your head then they'll simply stop.
2. Magic: Aside from the strange things going on in the town, there is no magic in the RP. It takes place in the normal world, for the most part, and people don't have any weird traits (silver eyes, wings, naturally pink hair, etc) or supernatural abilities. However, at some point in the RP (if we get far enough in) the characters will end up gaining magical abilities. I have a list picked out, one of the twelve powers going to each character, but I'm definitely open to suggestions among a similar nature to the ones I've picked while we're discussing.
3. Parallel Dimension: The town is actually located in a parallel dimension within our own, which has sort of "leaked" into our world. the edges of the town are the borders between the normal dimension and the parallel. No one is aware of this, but people will on rare occasion get chills and such or have a sudden pang of pain in some area when standing on or next to the border for extended times. The people in the town consider the outside world to be slightly weird, and chalk it up to them simply having a different form of normal, and thus the town is very self-contained. People outside looking in just find the townsfolk weird.
4. Setting: Aucteraden is a very small town on the New England coast. The population is very small, only about 1000, making it technically in the grey area between a village and town but technicalities are for losers. They have basic services, like groceries and a few mom-and-pops and such, but not everything. There are an elementary and middle school in the town, but they have to go out to the next town over for high school. This, of course, means that strange happenings won't occur during school or anything. As for what time of year it is, it's around late autumn. Think around the time when all the leaves are down and turning brown and brittle and it's cold and windy out, but there's no snow or anything wintery like that beyond maybe some frost on the ground on a cold day. Around early November.
RULES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1. POV Content: I'll allow you to do whatever you want in POV, within reason. Feel free to make your character swear (obviously keep major stuff censored), and LGBT characters are by all means allowed. If you don't want that in your own POV, keep it out of your own POV, but let other people do what they want with their own characters in their own POVs. Any type of subplot is allowed if you see fit, but make sure to keep it at just that: a subplot. Don't let it take over the story. I will step in if I feel it's getting out of hand or in danger of becoming so. If the other person agrees to do it, shipping and inter-character conflicts are not only allowed, but encouraged, for the sake of adding a little extra spice to the RP. The closet behind me is full to the brim of popcorn, tissues, and wedding supplies, and I would be more than pleased if we empty that thing out and then some by the end of this RP.
2. Organization: Please remove parentheses from your forms, just to keep things neat. If you have read the rules, put "spirits of twilight" in the "other" category, in invisible ink and after everything else. POV colors are not necessary but are appreciated.
3. Spots: There are twelve kids and thus that many spots. One spot has been taken by me, of course, and if I remember right no other spots have been saved. There's a limit of one character apiece, but I might change it based on how quickly they get filled.
4. Activity: Please try to be as active as possible. If you can't POV out of lack of time or inspiration, just come in and give a sign of your existence. I dunno, just move a chair or something. I have wind chimes hanging from the ceiling if you want to jingle one of those. If you are leaving the RP or MB, please say, because for the former we otherwise won't have a way of knowing and for the latter we might not see your leaving post if you make one. For either of these, if you have any specific requests for the disposal of your character, state them so we can hold a funeral because the closet also holds funeral supplies dispose of them properly. If you have to leave for, say, a week plus, say so to ensure your characters temporary vacation off the face of the earth will be a safe and enjoyable one.
5. Forms: Be descriptive in your form and make a unique character. The more description, the better, as it'll make for a better character. This applies especially for the personality and appearance sections. I will not accept descriptions such as "hair: black, eyes: green, build: tall" or "personality: kind, friendly, can be dramatic". I would prefer if you write with a decent amount of detail, and full sentences for things like the personality, though you don't need to do anything like, for example, an essay for their age. Nothing can be "POV" besides the backstory, and even then I'd prefer at least something.
6. Characters: This ties in with the above rule. No perfect or overly good characters, no precious cinnamon rolls who can do no wrong, no angels, and none of those characters who can shrug off suddenly becoming a homeless orphan or something. At the same time, no edge masters ripped from bad anime or woe-is-me pity parties (seriously, put that violin away and give your character a personality). Your character should have multiple traits and more personality than a wooden plank. Keep tragic backstories to a minimum. That means yes, I'd appreciate if you gave your character at least a parent or legal guardian, and not one/s that hate every ounce of their being for no reason other than evil parent. Basically, put a shred of effort into your character and we'll be good.
7. Character Portrayal and Dynamics: Please try to portray other characters as accurately as possible. If you have any questions about other characters, ask, and if someone asks you about your character be a decent person and respond. If you would like to do anything special with the character dynamics, I'd suggest you bring it up outside of POV and ask whether the other person is okay with it. I will be posting a thread for character dynamics/development/alterations once this goes through.
> Name: (full, along with nicknames and aliases and such)
> Age: (14-17)
> Gender: (please try to keep these at least fairly even, but dont sweat it too much)
Skills: (keep it realistic and no declaring "best _")
> Personality: (please try to explain how they think and act rather than just listing words)
> Strengths/Weaknesses: (3-5 of each, be sure to balance them all out and make them all significant things that'll show up in the story, optional)
> Hair: (color, length, styling, etc)
> Skin: (color, abnormalities/imperfections, markings/spots, etc)
> Build: (face n body features)
> Clothing: (more of a general style than a single outfit, theyre not cartoon characters and this is over the span of a few weeks at least)
Bio: (some stuff about their upbringing)
my form will be posted once this goes through. mods, p l e a s e let this through, i took forever writing this all out
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
✷☾ ERIS ☾✷
WRITING MOM ✷ CAT DEALER
-my forehead is bigger than my will to live-
our hopes and expectations
black holes and revelations
we're a city of orphans
who had nowhere to go