What do you celebrate if you care to share? (no hate to u)

Thumbnail avatar 0d0215bb05

opalchicken63

I want to cook up a Christmas breakfast meal for my parents in the dead of night. I am 14 and my only help is a 9 year old. I don't want to wake them up and i meed something good and simple enough to make. Any suggestions? Thanks so much and happy holidays to all!!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ru Bibi... Or Melayia... Or Opal... :3

Proud Christian!

X-Men and HTTYD 4 lyf!

Minecraft and Flyff 4 lyf!

Reader, Writer, and RPer!

Wolf-girl at heart

Thumbnail avatar 9f05d78861

moonlightmagic106

Have you considered overnight oats?

• Posted at:

Nevermore

I am:

An unwanted

A Special

Asexual

Freezyoubrain

Queen of horror stories & teller of morbid jokes

Proud Slytherin

"Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead."

"And Montrasaur is like DUDE INDEED"-Red

Valar Doheris

opalchicken63

Overnight oats? I have never heard of that, i will have to look it up. Thanks!

• Posted at:

Proud Christian!

X-Men and HTTYD 4 lyf!

Wolf-girl at heart

opalchicken63

BUMP

• Posted at:

Proud Christian!

X-Men and HTTYD 4 lyf!

Wolf-girl at heart

Thumbnail avatar 78f530b99b

dancebutterfly4

Waffles, If you have a waffle maker are pretty simple 

• Posted at:

hey youngblood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?

The easiest thing I can think of is Kaiserschmarrn (roughly pronounced Kai-sir-shmarn). If you have a little bit of baking experience, it's really easy to do. It's basically a variant on a pancake. Kaiserschmarrn is to pancakes as scrambled eggs are to fried eggs. I know from experience that trying to bake quietly is nigh impossible if you haven't made the particular recipe, like, twenty times and know it by heart, so I'd recommend making the batter now and storing it in the fridge overnight. 

Turn an oven burner onto medium. Once you're good at this process, I'd turn it onto high as it will go faster, but defiantly start out at medium heat. Before you start the batter, put a non-stick frying pan over the burner to start heating up. This will make your life a whole heck of a lot easier later on. If you don't have a non-stick frying pan handy, you can use a regular one and put a pat of butter into it right before you put in the goo. Let it melt down a bit, then swish it around the pan until you get bored of the whole process. You'll also want a plastic spatula. Make sure that it's not metal, because it will scrape up the pan, and if it's a good spatula, all the better. (Not super bendy) 

If you already have made the batter, hang tight, if not, here you go.

In a medium sized baking bowl, combine 1.5 cups of milk, and 4 eggs. Beat with a whisk or wooden spoon until the eggs are mixed in thoroughly, then add 2.5 tablespoons of sugar. Gradually add in a cup of flour. By gradually, I mean dump in about a third of the flour, mix, another third, mix, and then the rest. If you want to be presise, use a third cup three times. By doing this, you'll get less lumps, albiet some. Don't worry about the lumps, since they really don't affect anything. If you're making this beforehand, cover the bowl with Saran wrap and hide it in the back of the fridge. 

Whatever you choose to do, you now have a bowl of batter. Add about half of it to your heated pan. I can't give you an exact amount of what half is, since I just eyeball it, but just get as close as you can. Since you're on medium heat, it's going to take a couple minutes for one side to cook, but keep checking to make sure it doesn't get crispier than you want. If the top starts to bubble, that's a good indicator that it's ready to flip, but don't count on that to always work. Slide your spatula under one of the edges and lift it up. Only flip it if it's somewhere in the range of golden-y brown to dark brown. 

You can try to flip the "pancake" in one piece, but it's always easier for me to cut it in half by sliding the spatula down the middle and flipping both sides respectively. Once your cooked side is now facing up, again use your spatula to cut everything up into bite sized pieces. Cook the rest by treating it like scrambled eggs until both sides are cooked. Split it up over two plates, and there you go. This amount should feed two, but you can always double or triple the measurements to feed more people. Just make sure to plan out how much you want so you can make the appropriate amount of batter beforehand. 

At this point, there's several things you can do. I like to put applesauce and powdered sugar over it, but I've tried melted chocolate, lemon juice and powdered sugar, cinnamon and powdered sugar, and syrup and they were all very yummy. You'll probably want to triple the recipe, one batch for your parents, another batch for you and your sibling, and the third batch in case you overcook it or something, or maybe just so people can have leftovers. If you do this, use a bigger bowl and just pour enough batter into the pan so the bottom's covered. 

I know that's a lot of stuff, but I promise you that it's really simple. Good luck with it, and have a nice Christmas!

-B

• Posted at:

Whoop whoop not so secret account

Ah well