You are the very best at what you do, whatever that may be. People like you are known as Ultimates, teenagers who have immense talent and success in some specific thing, from climbing things to being remarkably pacifistic to news reporting. Despite your age, you have found great success in your specialty, even finding yourself among professionals if your domain crosses into the professional world. You, and other Ultimates like you, are the beacons of hope for the future, the brightest of your generation. For students such as you, there exists an illustrious school for only the literal best of the best. Hope's Peak Academy was designed for people with extraordinary talents, for the purpose of shaping the future. Only a handful are ever recruited into the school, with that being the only way to get into their courses for Ultimates. Their graduates are practically guaranteed success upon graduation, as many of them rise to high positions in whatever field they go into due to having this opportunity to develop their talents. It doesn't function similar to a regular school; the students aren't forced to go to class, instead being allowed to work on their talents, which would be what they were tested on rather than having to go through traditional exams.
You have been scouted by Hope's Peak for your talent, whatever it may be. You are excited for the opportunity, but when you get there, you discover not everything is what it seems. You lose consciousness shortly upon arriving, and when you come to, you and the other 14 members of your class find yourselves in a school gym. It is here where the truth is revealed to you. You have been trapped in the school indefinitely in a twisted game. There are no real dangers to you - the place is still rather nice and you have any resources you would probably need to at least get by without hunger or any other threat - except for the idea of being trapped forever. Any ways to get outside have been blocked off with no way to breach them. However, there is one way revealed to you, one way to get out: commit the perfect crime. You must kill another classmate of yours and get away without the survivors knowing you did it. Once the corpse is discovered, the remaining students are allotted time to investigate the crime scene and gather any clues they can think of to possibly lead to the criminal. Finally, you will be thrown into a trial-type discussion where all of you must come to a conclusion as to who is the killer. If you come to the right conclusion, the killer will go through a gruesome execution, and the game continues. If the wrong person is decided upon, the game ends, with that fate falling upon everyone but the killer and the killer being allowed to "graduate" from the school and go free. The others in this room seem human and moral at the very least, and surely none of you would be willing to kill, but the person behind this ends up to have a few tricks planned to "motivate" you....
RULES AND LESS IMPORTANT INFO
1. Death: Let's get this out of the way quickly. This is Danganronpa. Your character will most likely die. I will not listen to any requests to make your character win or even survive to a certain point. Victims and killers will be chosen with a fair amount of randomness, though I will likely have to adjust the results at some point or another to allow the scene to reasonably and realistically play out. This is a story centered around murder and violence, as well. Some deaths might be about as graphic as I can manage on this site. If you're uncomfortable with these sorts of topics, I recommend staying away.
2. Character Liberties: While I'm on this topic, I will point this out as well. I reserve the right to do whatever I see fit with your character. That means having them die, having them kill, or something less intense such as having connections to different characters in past or present. I might choose to portray a character a certain way or alter their personality in some way to allow for them to be a more realistic and/or intriguing character. If you have anything specific to request, say so in your form, though nothing too outlandish. As I said, I will not listen to requests specific to the killing game itself, but I also won't make everyone like or hate your character, etc.
3. Ultimates: Only one person is any given ultimate at any given time. For example, Toko is the only Ultimate Writer and Aoi is the only Ultimate Swimmer, at least in the time of DR1. I would appreciate if there were no canon Ultimate titles in this story, at least those from DR1, since that's the one I'm familiar with. As well as this, please don't do something too similar to another character in this story, just for variety's sake.
4. Forms and Organization: Please remove parentheses from forms, just for neatness's sake. I would prefer for characters to be unique from one another, but coincidences or things deliberately meant to be foils/parallels are fine. Just be sure to mention that so I can be sure to include that as part of their narratives. As well as this, please try and be descriptive. I would appreciate more detail than "hair: black, eyes: green, skin: pale, build: tall". This applies especially in the Persona and Appearance sections. Spill all the juicy secrets and troubles to your character.
5. Characters: This ties in with the above rule. No perfect or overly good characters, no precious cinnamon rolls who can do no wrong, no angels, and none of those characters who can shrug off suddenly becoming a homeless orphan or something. At the same time, no edge masters ripped from bad anime or woe-is-me pity parties (seriously, put that violin away and give your character a personality). Your character should have multiple traits and more personality than a wooden plank. Keep tragic backstories to a minimum. That means yes, I'd appreciate if you gave your character at least a parent or legal guardian, and not one/s that hate every ounce of their being for no reason other than evil parent. Basically, put a shred of effort into your character and we'll be good.
6. Spots: There are 15 spots available. I will not be making a character, obviously, so all fifteen spots are up for grabs. Depending on how well this is taken, I might allow multiple characters per person to be submitted, but for the time being it's one per person. If this goes to the 31st without all the spots getting filled, I will create characters to fill any remaining spots.
THE BEHEMOTH (FORM)
> Name: (full, and any nicknames or aliases)
> Skills: (any skills they have besides their Ultimate)
> Ultimate: (what is their skill or other quality that they're the best at? be specific)
> Personality: (please try to explain how they think and act rather than just listing words)
> Strengths/Weaknesses: (3-5 of each, be sure to balance them all out and make them all significant things that'll show up in the story, keep them to personality strengths/weaknesses instead of just being good at something, optional)
> Hair: (color, length, styling, etc)
> Skin: (color, abnormalities/imperfections, markings/spots, etc)
> Build: (facial structure and features, body type, weight/height, posture, expressions, etc)
> Clothing: (what sort of stuff they wear? be as creative as you please)
Bio: (some stuff about their upbringing, spill any and all secrets about him)
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
✷☾ ERIS ☾✷
WRITING MOM ✷ CAT DEALER
-my forehead is bigger than my will to live-
our hopes and expectations
black holes and revelations
we're a city of orphans
who had nowhere to go