What do you think?

Thumbnail avatar 4111bec5b4

wolfdragon37424

Chapter One (Mickaël):

It was a queer little island, the one I lived on.  Small and, from a distance, insignificant.  Nestled in between the solar system B4 and Realm X, it was one of those gems you tended to overlook, kind of like a book with a tattered cover, Mother used to say.  Kind of like me. 

I guess that’s why it felt so big to me.

I silently crept past Father’s door, which was closed.  The last thing I wanted to do was wake him up at such an early hour.  Mickaël, it’s five in the morning.  Go back to sleep.  I’d heard that way too many times.  Five wasn’t really such a bad hour to get up…the advisory council was already awake.  That I knew, from the light shining from their shared room.  I also knew that they had seen me, and were probably waiting for the perfect moment to jump out and scare me. 

Sure enough, Genesis, Advisor of the Treasury, popped out from behind a column and stood in front of me, arms crossed. 

“Prince Mickaël, do humor me and explain why you’re up at this hour.  Again,” she began.  I bowed my head and sighed.  “Actually, don’t.  I already know what you’re going to say.  Oh, Genesis, I was just getting some water, or something like that.” 

“I don’t sound like that,” I muttered, a smile tugging at my face.  “But I was going to get water, yes.  How’d you know that?”  Genesis rolled her eyes.

“Well, make it quick then, sir,” she said, bowing and stepping aside.  It took me a moment before a realized she was letting it slide.  Smiling, I swept past her, bowing my head in return. 

Continuing on, I walked past the dining hall, the chandeliers twinkling with a filmy light and the glass roof opening up to the stars.  That was one of my favorite little details, added after the Great One’s demise and Grandmother Highblood’s passing.  Figaro, the residential mascot (really Boston and Genesis’ pet) sleepily raised his head, stretching his lanky body.

“Hey, Fig!” I called quietly.  He purred, then went back to sleep.

Arriving at the kitchen, I turned into my Slydog form, Frostwhisper, and squeezed into the air vent.  After some struggling in the opening, I wiggled up through the chamber and through several passageways and arrived at the rooftop door.  I picked the lock and stepped out into the early dawn in the Slydog Realm.  Tiny curls of pink and purple clouds tinged the glowing sky, as green (yes, green) stars furiously tried to poke their way through the light.  Turning back into human form, I carefully maneuvered my way across the shingled roof and to the edge, where several forms emerged from the shadows.

“Happy birthday,” Jacinth, daughter of Rorry (the royal gardener), whispered.  She held out a chocolate mousse slice with a candle burning on it.  I took it happily, holding the small plate up so that the candle’s light fell upon my friends’ faces.

“Yum,” I whispered back.  “My favorite!  Thanks, guys.” 

“No problem,” Phantom, son of Genesis, joked.  His eyes sparkled through the dark, giving the appearance of a cat.  He sometimes reminded me of one.  “I’m certain Chef Boston won’t mind.” My cousin, Nebur, laughed, her short, red hair bouncing. 

“You ready, Mick?” Jade asked.  They all waited excitedly for my answer.

“Yeah,” I answered, nervous and excited for whatever was in store.  They had promised a surprise, but considering Gabriel had planned it, I was expecting a whoopie cushion on my dining chair. 

As if sensing my thoughts, Jacinth spoke up from the dark, nestling into her hoodie.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing er…Gabriel-like,” she said, looking around nervously.  She was a little shy when speaking in large groups, but she enjoyed spending time with us, so it usually wasn’t a big problem.  I adjusted the diadem on my head.

“Well, I’m certain it’s something fun,” I said as Gabriel turned into his Slydog form, Thundercrystal, and led us back down the air vent and into the kitchen.  Then, we all headed towards the dining hall.

“Fig!” Phantom practically screeched, latching onto the Deep Panther.  Nebur smiled as Figaro snorted in his sleep.  If Phantom had one weakness, it was his strange obsession with the mascot’s fur (which could not be explained).  Jade chortled.  She and Gabriel both nodded, then turned on the lights.

At the sudden light in the room, there was movement from above.  A dozen Stained-Glass Butterflies swooped away through an open window, their wings catching the light and sparkling.  The window banged shut, startling Figaro awake.  He jumped up, and a rope tied to his leg pulled taut.  At this, the huge curtain covering the main window drew aside, letting orange and pink sun stream in.  I watched this all with wonder.  This is amazing!  Outside, a new statue of a Slydog I hadn’t noticed stood sentry, carefully sculpted by the Sońg family (they were also the architects).  His guiding paw pointed towards the rising sun, and a peaceful expression rested on his face.

“No way!” I murmured.  “The Pathfinder statue wasn’t supposed to be ready until tomorrow!” The others grinned sheepishly.  They knew I had been anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the statue, which marked the 25th anniversary of the Great One’s defeat.  I remembered the tales my mother and father had told me.

“We made a few adjustments in the royal schedule,” Gabriel said.  Nebur ducked her head blushingly, for I knew she was the only one other than me who could change the royal schedule in our group.  Phantom quickly untied the rope from Figaro’s tail and handed me a large box from under one of the tables.

“From all of us,” he said, giving me a wide smile.  I unwrapped it to find several packages inside.  “Can you guess who got what?” I pursed my lips and pretended to scrutinize the box for a moment.  Then I looked up and laughed.

“I bet the hoodie is from Jacey,” I said, using her nickname.  “War and Peace is from you, Phantom.  Then Gabriel got the Big Book of Pranks.  Nebur got the earrings, and Jade got me the magic orb…from the apothecary?” The girl nodded vigorously.  I blushed, saying, “Aw, thanks, you guys!!” 

Before they could say anything, my mother and father stepped into the room, smiling.  They were both dressed in ceremonial clothing, the King wearing a fur lined coat to combat the cold weather and the Queen dressing in a similar fashion.

“Good morning,” they greeted.  The others bowed, and my parents bowed their heads in return.

“I see the birthday boy’s up early,” Father greeted.  He bent down and smiled, his foggy eyes sparkling mischievously.  “What have you all been up to?”

“Just hanging out and stealing cake,” Phantom answered automatically.  Mother raised her eyebrows.

“Save some for Boston,” she teased.  “She did work hard on that cake.”

“Indeed, I did,” a voice came from the kitchen.  We turned to see Boston surveying the damage Phantom had done to her cake.  We all looked at each other and laughed.  People were beginning to come in, preparing the dining hall for a royal breakfast.  Ruby, Fredrick, Emilee, and Milo, the heads of housekeeping, swept in.  We all gathered round the table and treated ourselves to French toast, buttermilk pancakes, blueberry pie, and mints while we snickered and talked.  I slipped on my ceremonial clothes and we headed out to the balcony.

I remembered a vague memory in the back of my head.  Of how the Realm had looked before the Great Remodel.  The village had been constructed of sticks and stones.  Now, even the tiny cottages looked royal and grand, their mahogany furnishings sparkling in the sun.  Hundreds of people were gathered to watch the ceremony. 

“People of the Slydog Realm,” Father began.  “We are gathered here today to celebrate my son, Prince Mickaël’s fourteenth birthday.”  People cheered.  He continued, “But, we are here for so much more today.  Around twenty-five years ago, we defeated Slydog, one of our greatest enemies.  And there is much cause for celebration.  My friends, allow me to present the—” A scream echoed from a distance, followed by a horn blast.  Father stopped, and we all glanced at each other, confused.  The villagers, began to murmur worriedly. 

“Sire!!” Advisor of the War Council Caspian puffed, pushing his way from the crowd.  “I’m terribly sorry to interrupt the ceremony, but…we’re under attack!!!”

END

Mods please let this through!!  YAY, new story!!  Tell me what you think.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

I'll see you in the future...

Thumbnail avatar eb5801f5ee

catdragon13873

Can we have whatever monster is attacking the village break one of the houses so we can do Hunger Games references? That is mahogany!

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

fish slap queentwin=topaz

im obsessed with music please help

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

Thumbnail avatar 088970e1d9

horsedragon1273

Yes its here early!

Never in a million years would I have expected Boston to be a chef

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Hide your face so the world will never find you

Remember, there are things far worse than a shattered chandelier

Forge your own path

The verdict is GUILTY and now she must BURN!

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

horsedragon1273

Also, I have a button.

I suddenly feel honored.

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

Thumbnail avatar 9d8cdc0ffb

butterflycat1708

YEAHAAHAHA IT'S HERE *claps*

HOLY FLYING PINEAPPLES I HAVE A BUTTON???

• Posted at:

BIXBITE

}{starz: 3300}{

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well now they know...

Let it go...

That perfect girl is gone

Let the storm rage on!!!

Peruvian pride!

Thumbnail avatar a1bfc605e6

lynxlynx3024

it is awesome(why didn't I got my own button :((jk....or not that is the question)

• Posted at:

HUGO/AYLINA/NEBUR/NEVA/AZER/ROBOT15

The whole problem

with the world is that fools and fanatics

are always so certain of themselves

and wiser people so full of doubts

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

wolfdragon37424

Sorry if your feelings were hurt with the lack of buttons...there is a limit so I picked the people who came into my head first (the people who read my story the most).

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

Thumbnail avatar b5ca9bdc54

greendog1510

Good

• Posted at:

Cookie Ice Cream Squid Fantasy 

The Chicken Queen

If cookie are awesome, I guess I'm awesome!

I'm werid, GET USED TO IT

The ignored little muffin in the corner

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Two (Jacinth):

“We’re under attack?!” I unbelievingly looked around for some kind of sign that it was a joke but found none.  The others seemed just as confused as I was, blinking and stepping back apprehensively.  “But…where are the invaders?” The grounds erupted in chaos.  The villagers screamed and ran, leaving Caspian behind. 

“Go to the Tempest!” the King bellowed, speaking of the huge temple that had been recently built in the village.  “You’ll find shelter there!”  He didn’t need to tell them twice, as most of the villagers were already inside by the time he had finished.  Then, he turned to us and said, “You all should do the same.”  We all glanced at each other, then shook our heads.

“We want to help,” Mickaël pleaded. 

“No can do,” a voice behind us said.  We turned to see Nebur’s parents, Prince Nimbus and Princess Rose, standing in the threshold.  “The Tempest is the safest place for you kids.”  We’re teenagers, I thought.  We can handle this! 

“At least let us stay in the palace,” I chipped in quietly, shivering.  Queen Maya surveyed our serious faces, then sighed.

“Alright.  But something tells me this isn’t going to be a little skirmish, so hold tight,” she said.  “I know you’d all like to watch the action but please, stay inside.”  Her voice was gentle but firm, like she was talking to a group of puppies.  We all nodded, understanding the consequences of going outside.

We all huddled close around the fire.  It had been hours, and the battle showed no signs of stopping.  We hadn’t been watching it (Nebur had an unexplained fear of death), but we’d been getting updates from Prince Nimbus, who refused to tell us anything but “It’s still going on”.  I sighed.

“Will you at least tell us who we’re fighting?!” Jade asked, when Nimbus came in next.  He glanced at us nervously, as if trying to protect us from something unseen.

“Alright, you can look out the window,” he said.  “But only briefly.  It’s not even something I’d like to see.”  We headed down the long, plush hallways to the dining hall once again.  The curtains were closed again, but Nimbus opened them just a little, so we could look out on the battlefield.  I gaped.

Our armies struggled against figures wrapped in what looked like black cloth from head to toe.  Like black mummies.  There were only a few of our opponent, but for some reason, we were being pushed back.  The enemy lightly danced in between our lines, while our army was falling left and right.

We turned to shoot glances at each other.  Our worst fears had been confirmed.

We were losing.  Nimbus closed the windows and sat us back down on the couch, exiting the room quietly.  For a moment, there was silence.

“Is there anything we can do?” Gabriel asked.  Mickaël shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he said, a puzzled look on his face.  “Who were those guys anyway?  I’ve never seen them before, so they must be new.” We all weren’t convinced.

“They’re dirty invaders,” Phantom muttered, all quirkiness gone.  “And there’s nothing we can do to stop them.”

END

MOds please let this through!!  Tell me what you think.

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

butterflycat1708

Ooooh mummies? Or something else? I do wonder what it is...

• Posted at:

BIXBITE

Well now they know...

Let it go...

Let the storm rage on!!!

Peruvian pride!

horsedragon1273

Wow Phantom... That's some next level optimism.

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Three (Nebur):

I’d tell you all the horrible details, but I’ll spare you the pain.  All I’ll say is that things went from bad to worse.

I could practically see the Realm fall in front of me.  What happened? I thought.  There were twice as many of us, and we were an unstoppable force! 

We marched down the evacuation tunnel, single-file, our hands scraping against the dark, confining walls.  None of us cried, or said anything, for fear that good news would come and be broken by the noise.  I wanted to curl up into a ball and breathe.  For the past few hours, I’d felt like I was choking.  Slowly, a black, wrapped hand curled around my throat, clammy and cold…

I pushed aside the thought and focused on the back of Mickaël’s head, which was tilted to the side and lolling almost comically.  He seemed to have given up on life.  With all of our parents possibly dead, I might too.

The enemy had devastated our troops, then broken down the Manor door.  Our parents had sent us down the tunnel and stayed behind to hold them off.  I remembered my mom’s panicked expression, the way she’d shut the trapdoor behind us…

Jacinth walked behind me, her hoodie pulled tight around her, he expression deadly serious and quiet.  I felt like I was in the middle of a funeral train, slowly marching for the dead.  At this, I shivered.  We are marching, for the thousands we lost today.  I held back tears at the thought of the kids who huddled in the Tempest, waiting for their parents…who would never come.  They had no idea what had happened, whether we had won or lost.  The hand on my throat tightened.  For all we know, the enemy has broken into the Tempest and killed everyone.  It they can destroy our finest troops, they can get past the Tempest’s defenses easily.  Are we the only ones left?

“Hey,” Gabriel whispered from the back.  “S-stuff heads.” We weakly tried to chuckle.  Stuff-heads was a nickname Gabriel gave to people who were being sad.  He continued, “M-maybe it’s not as bad as it looks.  Our parents probably just smirked and busted out s-some Slydog ninja moves.” We all stopped and briefly looked at one another.  Even though it was unlikely, it could happen.

“We’re here,” Mickaël whispered softly, pulling open a rusted, mahogany door.  I’d never been in the evacuation shelter.  A musty smell came from inside, and I covered my nose as we marched in.

“Well,” Phantom muttered.  “I can see that the staff got this place in tip-top shape for us.” I gulped, passing a skeleton of a little girl that was propped up against a wall.  The funeral march continued, through the hallway of skeletons and into a room illuminated with Atlantean light.  My eyes grew wide at the sight before me.

We were standing in a large dome, with strands of blue, Atlantean glowworms hanging from the mossy ceiling.  A river wound around the rough terrain, emptying out through a small tunnel into a pool nearby. 

“Wow,” Jade whispered.  Backing up into the room and studying the ceiling, she accidentally bumped into a chair.  A chair that was occupied by a man that I didn’t recognize.  Jade’s expression was priceless as she turned around and saw the man sitting in the chair, awakened from his slumber.  He was obviously old (at least sixty), but something about him gave off an ageless grace, a sense that he was in sync with his surroundings.  We all looked to Mickaël, who was the expert in naming faces.  He shrugged.

“Um…sir?” he said, inching closer.  “I’m sorry to have intruded on your sleep, but…who are you??” The man laughed, showing perfect, white teeth.

“Sorry to have startled you by my appearance,” he said.  “Call me Ishmael.”  We all glanced at each other, searching our brains for the name Ishmael. 

“Well,” Jacinth spoke up, nervously edging towards the back of the group.  “That’s alright…I mean, we’re all going to share the same coffin anyway.” I rolled my eyes and laughed.  That was one of Jacinth’s old jokes, even though it was dark, and not that funny.

“It’s true,” Gabriel put in, shrugging.  “So, I guess we’re stuck here.”  Ishmael grinned.  Something about him isn’t right … I thought.  But what? 

END

Mods please let this through!!  yes, Ish, I had to drag you into this 

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

horsedragon1273

whats Ishmael gonna do to them huh huh?

Great as always.

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

lynxlynx3024

awesome! 

• Posted at:

The whole problem

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

wolfdragon37424

up

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

butterflycat1708

OOOH I HADN'T READ THAT PART!!

Greatly Awesome!!! :D

*claps*

• Posted at:

BIXBITE

Well now they know...

Let it go...

Let the storm rage on!!!

Peruvian pride!

wolfdragon37424

Next chapter tomorrow!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Four (Phantom):

We all looked around for the best spot to hide without looking strange, hoping to avoid Ishmael.  The man unnerved me, so I picked a spot behind his chair and looked up at the glowworms.  My mother’s face popped into my vision, and I gaped, reaching out for her.  The vision swam, and my mom turned into her Slydog form, gazing down at me.

“Really, my son?” Novaeyes began, her eyes glinting with mischief and sarcasm.  “I might be dead at this very moment, and you haven’t done a thing.  Typical.” She laughed that laugh of hers, her tails waving back and forth.  A loud boom rattled through the evacuation chamber, and an image of my mother’s skeleton flashed into my mind, then disappeared.  I looked up quickly, startled.  Mickaël and Jacinth had rolled a large stone in front of the exit, to keep anyone from coming in.  Somehow, I knew that wouldn’t stop our new enemy, but I decided not to say anything.

I have to do something to save our parents!  But what? I thought.  Standing up from where I was sitting, I began to pace back and forth.  Ishmael watched us curiously, fingering a toothpick he’d taken out of his baggy coat pockets.  The others joined in with me, and soon we were all pacing around the room. 

“Well,” Ishmael said, laughing.  “Isn’t this fun?  We’re all together!!” A little eccentric, I thought, glaring at him.

“You’re weird,” Gabriel said plainly.  Ishmael cocked his head and laughed yet again.

That night (or was it day, I couldn’t tell), I had a dream.

“You have been chosen wrongly, my friend.” 

Where am I?

“You and your friends are the only ones who can stop us.”

“He’s right…

“S-s-secrets…don’t say anything!”

I don’t know who you weirdos are, but please let me dream in peace.

“IT was right, you are the One.

“YOU MUSN’T TELL!!”

“YOU MUSN’T TELL!!

“YOU MUSN’T TELL!!

I woke up, shivering and cold, standing in the middle of the Atlantean chamber room.  The three, mysterious voices still pricked at my brain, and I self-consciously covered my ears.  Who were those people, and who’s IT? I thought.  I’d never experienced anything like that before, and it made me appreciate my perfect, posh life, which seemed to be slipping away by the minute. 

I suddenly realized…I was entirely alone.  The boulder blocking the chamber entrance was gone, and a chill swept through the room.  Startled, I froze in place. 

A low growl sounded from behind me.  I turned around and saw two of the mummy people standing there.  They groaned and shuffled forward, grabbing my arms.  I closed my eyes and prepared for the death our army had faced at the enemy’s touch, but it didn’t come. 

At the realization of this fact, I turned into Ashwhisper and slipped free of their grasp, bolting for the door.  Maybe the others have escaped, just like our parents, I thought.  The mummies shuffled after me at a slow, yet progressive pace. 

Suddenly, the exit began to grow smaller, shrinking the closer I got to it!  What’s going on??  I was now trapped, pinned against the wall that was once an exit.  Is this some sort of magic?  I closed my eyes as the clammy, cold hands wrapped around me again, and this time, everything went black.

END

Mods please let this through!!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

horsedragon1273

Oh gosh what are we doing to Phantom

Even in dreams with wierd voices he still gives them sass

He's pretty much sassy child 2.0

Sass is always a great way to cope with mysterious voices

Why is he chosen and what do they mean by this

What would he tell, he understood literally nothing

Great chapter as always, Catshock.

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

lynxlynx3024

yep it is

• Posted at:

The whole problem

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

wolfdragon37424

Next chapter soon!!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Five (Gabriel):

Black stench.  Rotting, corpse-like hands.  Clammy touch.

I awoke with a gasp, sitting up and glancing around.  No mummies.  Good.  We were all sitting in a rusty jail cell, too small for all of us.  I looked around, then turned to Jade, my eyes wide.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” she said.  I nodded.  This is the very same jail cell that our parents got locked up in for defying the old Queen, I thought.  If Mom and Emilee hadn’t fought her and allied with the other Descendants…we might not be standing here right now.  It felt weird standing in a piece of history, remembering the tales our parents had told us.

“Maybe we can pick the lock,” Mickaël said.  Jacinth produced a small pin from one of her pockets and began to fiddle with the padlock.  No luck.  Phantom and Nebur both shrugged.

I sat down again, burying my face in my hands and trying not to cry.  Come on, Gabe!  You’re supposed to be tough and carefree.  But…how can I?

“Welcome, One with Time.”

“Welcome…

“It’s always a pleasure to meet an One.

What the…?  Am I dreaming?!

“Listen, we haven’t got much time, so we’ll be quick.  You mustn’t fear the Deathchasers.”

Who are the Deathchasers??

“You shall save us all, but YOU MUSTN’T TELL!!”

“YOU MUSTN’T TELL!!”

“YOU MUSTN’T TELL!!”

I sat up, a cold feeling in my bones.  I quickly looked around and sighed.  Everything was alright.  The others were nearby, silently waiting for what was to come.  But then again…everything isn’t.  The others had strange expressions on their faces, and they looked at one another silently.  Peering out into the darkness beyond, I wondered if they’d heard the voices too.  Only one way to find out.

“What did you guys hear?” I said, gulping.  Nebur spoke up first.

“They told me I was the ‘One with Love’,” she said, puzzling the title.

“I’m the ‘One with Death’,” Jacinth said, curiously standing up. 

“I’m the ‘One with Clarity’,” Jade contributed.  Phantom stayed silent, drifting back while Mickaël said his.

“I’m the ‘One with Memories’,” he said, running his hands through his hair self-consciously.  “I guess that means I won’t forget Gabe’s next prank?” I laughed.  The others always knew how to cheer me up.  He continued, “Hey Phantom, what’d you get?”

“The One,” he said quietly.  “Just the One.”  We all went silent, though we had no idea what it meant.  The One for what?  What is Phantom?  The one to live?

Or the one to die?

END

Mods please let this through!!  Tell me what you think.

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

butterflycat1708

*happy screech*

MYSTERIOUS :3

• Posted at:

BIXBITE

Well now they know...

Let it go...

Let the storm rage on!!!

Peruvian pride!

catdragon13873

Wooh spooky nice suspense. Also yay One with Clarity I guess. Hoping there's a riddle puzzle and she gets to solve it because clarity and stuff.

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

horsedragon1273

Gabe didn't tell the others what he got... Hnmm..

A mystery has shown itself. Why is Phantom merely the One?

hopefully he's not the one to die

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

wolfdragon37424

I know everything, mwahaha!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

horsedragon1273

of course you know everything ; it's your story after all

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

catdragon13873

Are we all going to ignore that Jacinth is the One with Death? That is majorly spooky! Also I really really hope that the original cast isn't dead because a world without Genesassy and Bubble and Ruby childs is not one I want to be in

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Six (Jade):

The One with Clarity.  Huh, I thought, glancing at Gabriel.  Did Gabriel hear the voices too?  What did they say?  Gabriel smiled reassuringly at me, and I smiled back, though my heart felt empty. 

“Well, I’m the One with Pizza!  Anyone hungry?” Ishmael asked from the corner of the cell, pulling out an old slice of pizza from his pocket, covered in lint.  I jumped.  I’d forgotten he was there! 

“No, I’m good,” Mickaël said quickly, backing up.  Jacinth snorted as we all quickly pretended to be deep in thought with something else.  Ishmael disappointedly set upon the snack, and we retreated back into our shells. 

“I could pick the lock…” Nebur suggested, though she seemed unsure about it.  We shrugged.  Taking our gesture as a sign, she pulled a bobby pin out from her pocket and began to fiddle with the lock.  “I don’t have any experience with this…plus, wouldn’t they station guards outside our cell door?” I couldn’t tell.  All I saw was blackness ahead. 

“We’re about to find out,” Phantom commented, as the door swung open, and we stepped out to freedom.

No one stopped us as we crept down a corridor I didn’t recognize, hunting for a way out.  How come I haven’t seen this part of the dungeon?  Unless…we aren’t in the Manor anymore, I thought, gulping.  Then, where are we?  Hopefully not in another realm. 

My thoughts were cut short when Mickaël (who was leading the pack) stopped abruptly.  I peered around Jacinth, trying to see the reason why he’d stopped, and gasped.  A short mummy, wrapped in thick cloth and covered in blood, stood in front of us, leaning against a door.  We all began to back up, though it was hard to do so in a single-file corridor. 

Suddenly, I hit a wall (I was at the back of the group).  Turning, I saw that the rest of the hall had disappeared, and we’d backed into a dead end.  The mummy shuffled forward, and we flinched, waiting for his cold touch.  Instead, he stopped and leered at us. 

“Three t-trials,” the mummy hissed.  Then, he vanished. 

“W-what was that about?!” Gabriel cried, nervously looking about.  The wall behind me began to glow, and I stepped away.  This is bad, this is bad, this is bad!  Small spikes emerged from what had previously been stone, and soon the entire surface was spiky and sharp.  “That doesn’t look good.”  The wall began to move forward! 

“Let’s move!” Mickaël cried, and we obeyed, sprinting through the door, and into a large, empty room.

Seeing that the wall was still coming, I closed the door and backed away, waiting for the spikes to tear through the wood.  Nothing happened.  “That was easy…almost too easy.”  Jacinth nodded, and we looked around, waiting for more danger. 

“Yay!” Ishmael cried, clapping his hands like a toddler.  Okay, he’s lost it.  “The door’s over there!”  Nebur walked over and opened what was indeed a door, peering into blackness.  The floor began to shake.  He gulped, “Uh-oh…” 

Gooey, gelatinous sand began to spill from inside another room, sweeping us off our feet.  My head swam as I fell to the ground, which was already buried beneath a foot of muddy sand.  The slop was everywhere, in my nose, my ears, in my head, so I couldn’t think.  Flailing around, my lungs aching, I found air and gulped it in greedily, wiping grit from my eyes.  Think, Jade, think!  I looked around and saw that the muddy sand was still coming and was closing off our air.  I saw my friends clinging to each other as they succumbed to the sludge, sinking as their muscles gave out trying to stay afloat.  Mickaël slipped under, clutching Jacinth’s hand tightly.  Next was Ishmael, screeching gibberish wildly.  No, I can’t die!  Vomiting mud, I tried to focus as the ceiling closed in, sealing my doom.

It was at that convenient moment that the voices decided to return.

“You are the One with Clarity!”

“Die or live!”

I’m trying to focus!  Leave me ALONE!!!

“Will she figure it out?  Will the Plague swallow her?”

“IT is too powerful, must leave!”

“Will you prevail?” 

I snapped out of my trance, my eyes still closed.  Reaching my hand up, I felt the ceiling above.  There’s no air.  I’m going to have to hold my breath.  My lungs were already sore, and now they were close to bursting.  Maybe I’m not smart enough, maybe this is the end, maybe I’m going to—

Wait a second, I thought.  Clarity isn’t just being intelligent, it’s being clear and focused!  I quieted the voices in my head, and everything came to me.  Sometimes the test isn’t how smart you are normally, but how smart you can be under pressure!  I turned into my Slydog form, Violetblaze, and began to kick downward.  Since I was in a new form, my lungs were filled with new air, and I nearly let it out in a relieved sigh.  I’ve still got to hurry.  Sand stung my eyes as I blindly thrashed my way towards the door to the hallway.  Turning back into human form, I opened it and stood back.

Even though there was a spiked wall ahead, there was still enough room for the muddy sand to start to pour into the other room.  Kicking upward, my head broke the surface of the rapidly draining slop, and I grinned.  Then I remembered my friends.  

As the sand drained away, I located the others, sopping wet, barely any life left in them.  Thankfully, they’d discovered the Slydog trick I had, and had transformed back and forth.  However, we were tired, gritty, and bloody, so it took a while for us to get back on our feet. 

“Two more,” a voice echoed through the room. 

“Thanks, J,” Gabriel said, coughing up mud.  I blushed. 

Wiping sand from our faces, we helped each other up and continued on, gratefully breathing in the air that we’d never thought we’d miss.

END

Mods please let this through!!  Tell me what you think.  Jade thinks a LOT.

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

horsedragon1273

That was great!

Ishmael's a crazy old man and its great

• Posted at:

>ℜɮᘿl<

The creator pǝl to us...

Masquerade

Forge your own path

DCI.

7-8-14||SQUAR

catdragon13873

That was awesome!

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

lynxlynx3024

wow yes and it was exciting(what is the german lesson where I am in not...)

• Posted at:

The whole problem

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

butterflycat1708

SHIP

• Posted at:

BIXBITE

Well now they know...

Let it go...

Let the storm rage on!!!

Peruvian pride!

wolfdragon37424

Quiz:

How old is Ishmael?:

a): 59

b): 92

c): 132

d): 4

e): 76

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

lynxlynx3024

b?

• Posted at:

The whole problem

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

wolfdragon37424

Next chapter tomorrow!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

lynxlynx3024

(yeah)

• Posted at:

The whole problem

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

wolfdragon37424

Chapter Seven (Mickaël):

“There’s still sand in my eyes,” Nebur complained.  I rubbed mine and nodded, feeling that there were some grains lodged somewhere between my eye and the back of their sockets.  How did those even get there?

“Well, deal with it for now,” Phantom said, walking along the outskirts of our group.  I looked at him curiously.  He’s acting a little strange.  Maybe it has something to do with his strange title?    

“Hey, peeps!” Ishmael cried.  “We have a problem!”  We looked at where he was pointing.  We’d hit a dead end, with no escape except for a small tunnel through the wall. 

“Well that’s easy,” Jacinth said.  “We just turn into Slydog form!” I closed my eyes, I when I opened them, I was Frostwhisper.  The others did so as well, and we waited on Ishmael. 

“I can’t,” he said apologetically.  We looked at each other, confused. 

“What do you mean, you can’t?” Gabriel asked, shaking grit out of his hair lazily.  Ishmael shrugged.

“I don’t have a foxy,” he said, bouncing on his toes.  I stared at him, feeling suddenly guilty of my Slydog form.  I’d heard of Rogues, who were born in the Realm but not blessed by the Pathfinder, but I’d never seen one. 

Ever since the Great One’s defeat, new children were given their Slydog forms by the Pathfinder, a mysterious Slydog who appeared once and was never seen again by the same child.  I didn’t remember the Pathfinder’s visit to me, but I recalled a bright light and singing. 

“Well,” I said.  “How about we go through and see if we can find something that’ll get you through, and you stay here?” Ashwhisper shook his head vigorously.

“We can’t leave him alone,” he hissed.  I nodded, realizing he was right.  “I’ll stay with him and make sure he doesn’t run off.”  The rest of us all nodded, and we slipped through the hole in the wall into a new room. 

This one seemed to be empty, just like the first one, with a door at the end.  Strange, silver mist hung in the air, filling my nose with a chemical scent. We immediately turned tail and tried to flee.

“This isn’t good,” Jacinth said, as we sluggishly tried to turn around.  We knew this mist.  Sleeping gas.  Who knows what will happen if we fall asleep, I thought.  But it was too late for me.  I’d entered first, and had already been exposed for too long.  Collapsing, I heard the strange voices once again as I drifted off to sleep.

“You are blessed, One with Memories.”

“Blessed AND cursed, yes.”

“Can you bear what is to come?”

I woke up in a grassy field, with a sky dotted with stars.  Where am I? I thought.  My head swam, and I rubbed it gingerly. 

Realizing I wasn’t hurt, I got to my paws and looked around.  The field around me, was curved and wavy, with no pattern to its hills and valleys.  Confused by this turn of events, I called out to my friends, but found no answer.  Okay…well maybe if I walk around a bit, I’ll find an exit, I thought.  That idea was interrupted by a strange noise, like someone in pain.  I swiveled around and saw a young Slydog pup lying on the grass, whimpering.  Its fur was matted, and its eyes stared up at me longingly.  Blood clotted the pup’s gums, and it coughed weakly.

Running over to it, I began to examine it carefully, looking for what may have caused the sickness, but found nothing.  The pup coughed again, and I cringed. 

“Okay, little guy,” I said, panic building in my chest.  “I don’t know what’s going on, but maybe I can help!” My lungs constricted, and I rolled over and moaned.  Something’s happening. 

Another Slydog approached, with three, light grey tails tipped with white fire.  His golden eyes surveyed the scene calmly, if not a little sadly.

“Help us,” I hissed, inching closer to the pup and wiping dried blood off its fur.  The other Slydog shook his head and smiled sadly, placing a gentle paw on the pup and letting out a sigh like an angel.  Then, he disappeared.  “Don’t go!” The pup wheezed, its eyes rolling into the back of its head.  Its legs jerked, once, twice, then were still. 

The dry air buzzed with my pained screams, my howls for a child I’d never known. 

END

Mods please please let this through!  Tell me what you think!

• Posted at:

¢αтѕн❖¢к 

butterflycat1708

I really like how this story is more mysterious than the first one! :3

• Posted at:

BIXBITE