Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Welcome to the Iciest Night story thread! Anyone is welcome to join at any time as a kit (or in this story only, as a rogue of any age). If you are new, there are two stories before this. Here are their descriptions and threads:

-Book #1 - Completing the Starflower (a roleplay) /277485. Four apprentices chosen by StarClan bring back the lost clan.

-Book #2 - Darkness at the Heart /282712. A 5 clan war breaks out, and every choice made could lead to a different winning side.

As for all of you that aren't new here, here is book #3, the Iciest Night. I hope you enjoy! (Also, if you have any form problems, now is the time to fix them.)

Prologue:

A young tom rose to his feet in a starry forest and looked around. A starry she stood before him.

“Why am I here?” He asked.

“Because you are dead.” the she replied sarcastically. “No, because you need to go back.”

“Are you serious. We've been over this!”

“But you have too.”

“Or else?”

He will die.” The she made an image appear in a puddle.

The tom let out a silent gasp. “Fine, but this better be good.”

“Oh, it will be,” the she responded. “You must travel along the white peaks until you find them.” the she made another image in the puddle. “They will show you the way.”

“Is that all I need to know?” the tom said.

“For now.” The she smiled. “Travel safe.”

The dream faded. The tom woke up in his den to find the early morning light pouring in. He ate the rabbit he caught the day before, covered up the entrance to his den with a big rock, and drank from the creek. It was time for an adventure. The tom looked back one last time at the place he had lived for moons, and set off with the daw behind him. He would never return to his peaceful home.

-------------

Chapter 1 - Lake’s descent

Aspenpaw padded after her mentor, Echocloud, half-listening to the lecture that Echocloud was giving her. Blah blah blah why is this about dead cats blah blah blah SO BORING.

Seeing the young she’s boredom, Echocloud said, “So what did I just say?”

Aspenpaw looked at her mentor blankly. "Something about dead cats and boringness.”

Echocloud shook her head. “I know you don’t like history, but other cats in the clan know it. Also, if you don’t know your ancestor’s mistakes, you might repeat history and cause them to be made again. I was saying that power will corrupt a cat if they have too much.”

“Fine,” Aspenpaw said. “Can we go explore CliffClan territory now?”

“No.”

“The towleg place?”

“No.”

“The BeyondLands?”

“NO. We’ll be doing nothing of that sort.”

“I had to ask. Who knows when you would say yes?” Aspenpaw smiled up at Echocloud innocently. “Can we atleast explore the gathering island?”

“Yes.”

“Yay!”

“But we have to bring fish home with us and try not to be spotted.”

“Aww.”

“Either that or we start another lecture.”

“Ok.”

--------

Aspenpaw stepped into the water after Echocloud. They swam across the lake under the surface. When they reached the island, Aspenpaw had more trouble than usual climbing out of the lake. She groaned as she heaved up onto land.

“You would think that the lake was shallower!” She exclaimed.

“Maybe,” Echocloud said. “It is the end of Greenleaf afterall.”

With Echocloud’s permission, Aspenpaw bounded off into the undergrowth.

“Don’t forget about the fish!” Echocloud called after her.

Aspenpaw slipped into a hole as she explored behind the leader tree. She looked around and realised that she had found a small cave. Wait till the other apprentices see this. Imagine all the pranks we could play, ha! She continued exploring the island, looking for the best spot to fish.

-------------------

Aspenpaw followed her mentor into the lake with three fish in her mouth. Without knowing it, Aspenpaw thought in the back of her mind, It seems to have shrunk even more.

Once the two had come back to camp, the cats were eating the catches of the day. Aspenpaw dropped her catches in the pile and selected a bass to eat.

Shimmerpaw padded over to her. “Can we share?”

“Sure.” Aspenpaw said.

“How was your day?” Shimmerpaw asked.

“Just fine. How was yours?” Aspenpaw responded.

“Amazing! Petalspring found some large bones while enlarging a tunnel. I wonder what animal whey came from.” Shimmerpaw exclaimed.

“Cool,” Aspenpaw commented.

The sisters quickly devoured the fish and headed off to the apprentice den with the other apprentices. Aspenpaw fell asleep as soon as she climbed in her nest.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!
Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

Hey, who's the she-cat in the prologue?

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

"Froggy, I do believe I have aquired a personality." - Charlie, (The Foreigner) 

Bread or boysbread.- Dont fight her because she will kill you- Protect Gulfstream 2018  

Hamiltrash.

Thumbnail avatar 4b958e7aa1

dragondreamtime640

id like to be a:*strand of useless information* and be a black cat.

• Posted at:

DRAGON

With no good there is no evil,With no evil there is no good.

MINECRAFT RULES!

FOURM Snake

WARRIORS CATS!

DESTROYER OF MARY SUES

KING OF OPNESS,SNAKES,AND SPACE.

Flip:Shattar

Correctmeifthereareanyspellingerrorsinthisig

topazhamster42

@Luana

All will be revealed in due time

@Dragon

If you want to join, please send in a form.

Name:

Clan: (if your cat is a rogue joining a clan, put which clan you'd like for them to join.)

Apperance:

Personality:

Backstory: (optional)

Other:

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Between chapter questions:

-Who were the cats in the prologue?

-Should Aspenpaw prank some cats at the next gathering?

-Did the lake really get shallower?

-What animal do you think the large bones came from?

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

1. Fawnstar or Seastar for the she-cat One of the male medicine cats or male leaders 

2. Yes! Have him prank Fallenwing or Creekstar. She needs some funny in her life.n

3. Idk

4. Idk

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Bread or boysbread.- Dont fight her because she will kill you- Protect Gulfstream 2018  

Hamiltrash.

topazhamster42

Aspenpaw is a she The look in Creekstar's face when she realizes that the tree is talking to her XD

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

Bump

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

I'M BACK!!! MY TEACHER CONSFICATED MY IPAD AND I STOLE IT BACK!!! 

Liar. 

Gee, I really need to stop reading the Land Of Stories. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

cutewolf230

Seriously?

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

topazhamster42

I love Land of Stories too! Just like I love another 200 other book series. Which book are you on?

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 2 - Swirls of Stars

Aspenpaw woke up in a beautiful forest. Everything was shiny and bright, and it wasn’t like any other forest that Aspenpaw had dreamed of.

“Hello,” A voice said behind her.

Aspenpaw whirled around to find a tabby she behind her. “Who are you?”

“I’m Leaftuft. I believe you were to young to remember me when I died,” the she said.

“Hi,” Aspenpaw said.

“You are probably wondering where you are. This is StarClan.” Leaftuft said.

“Am I dead?” Aspenpaw asked.

“No. Actually you’re here because the stars chose you.” Before Aspenpaw could respond, Leaftuft said, “When the river runs dry, when the fish have no’er to hide, the chosen ones shall rise. The leaves of the forest will blow to a stoney sea, where the Flame they shall meet. In the darkest hour, When the light cowers, the river of blood and fire will melt the ice and run to meet the dawn.” The tabby she started to fade.

“Wait! Come back! Tell me what it means!” Aspenpaw yelped and jumped at Leaftuft. But it was too late, Leaftuft was gone.

Aspenpaw woke with a start, panting. It was still dark outside, so she turned over and tried to fall asleep. She fell into a restless slumber.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 2 questions:

-How would you feel if you were the one recieving the prophecy in the dream?

-What do you think the prophecy means?

-Is it just me or did I make that chapter too short?

-How often do you guys want a chapter to come out? (Every day is not an option)

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

1. Excited. Nervous 

2. Idk

3. No it is not just you. 

4. Every other day or every third day

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

dinosaurjade212

1. Excited & a little nervous. 

2. Idk. 

3. Nope, it's not just you. 

4. Every other day or every three days. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

dinosaurjade212

@Topaz: I finished the entire main series. Especially Worlds Collide. The Snow Queen melts and the Sea Witch explodes. Which member of the Fairy Council is your favorite? My favorite is Xanthous, the yellow fairy. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

I don't remember which fairy was my favorite. (The last time I read a Land of Stories book was a few months ago) All I remember was that I was eating a brownie while reading World Collide.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

The Fairy Council is made up of: 

Rosette- The Red Fairy 

Tangerina- The Orange Fairy 

Xanthous- The Yellow Fairy (The part in The Enchantress Returns where he keeps setting off the fire alarm is kinda funny. And in Worlds Collide when he melts the Snow Queen is awesome.) 

Emerelda- The Green Fairy 

Skylene- The Blue Fairy 

Violetta- The Purple/Violet Fairy (I'll have to search up the term Chris Colfer used later) 

Coral- The Pink Fairy 

And Alex- The Fairy Godmother 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

And then there's the battles between witches and fairies. 

Rosette vs Arboris 

Tangerina vs Tarantulene 

Xanthous vs Snow Queen 

Emerelda vs Sea Witch 

Skylene vs Charcoaline 

Violetta vs Serpentina 

Coral vs Rat Mary (The witch was defeated by flying into a building. Ha ha XD) 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

I think either Skylene or Emerelda was my favorite

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

Bump.

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

Thumbnail avatar f0ef9d5d30

whaleclever14

Name:  Twinkle

Clan: MistyClan

Apperance: Jet-black fur with small white specks all over. white paws, muzzle, and tail-tip

Personality: quite aggressive and defensive, won't let anyone close to her, fierce, strong-willed

Backstory: (optional) she ran away from abusive two-legs

Other: nope

• Posted at:

I am LE RANDOMmaybe you've heard of me as Animal"You're a doorknob" - IshmaelI am a fan of a lotta stuffCurrently a proud RPer in a whole lotta rpsmaybe random doesn't always mean funny, but i gotta be myself don't I?#rememberthelost#moresigspace

topazhamster42

Accepted!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 3 - Shallow River

Echocloud kicked a pebble into the river. The spray of the falls sprinkled on the she’s fur. The faint dawn light illuminated the ravine. Echocloud was troubled. What could it mean? A stony sea? The only sea I know is by GorseClan, and it’s wet… The she heard footsteps behind her and turned to see her apprentice.

“Well, you’re up early.” Echocloud commented.

“So are you.”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“Me neither.”

Aspenpaw sat down by Echocloud.

“Aspenpaw, did you have any weird dreams lately?” Echocloud looked at her apprentice. Aspenpaw’s face was blank, but she could tell that cautionary thoughts were running through her head.

“Yes.”

“Tonight?”
“...yes”

“What did you dream of?”

“Why should I tell you?”

“Because I told you too.”

“Fine. I was in StarClan and a cat told me a creepy prophecy and blah blah blah.”
“Aspenpaw, this is serious. What did the cat say?”

Aspenpaw shrugged. “I don’t remember. Something with exposed fish and bloody water.”

Echocloud sighed. “Why is it so difficult to get information out of you?”

“Because I’m stubborn.” Aspenpaw said

“Right. Did the cat say anything like this? ‘When the river runs dry, when the fish have no’er to hide, the chosen ones shall rise. The leaves of the forest will blow to a stoney sea, where the Flame they shall meet. In the darkest hour, When the light cowers, the river of blood and fire will melt the ice and run to meet the dawn?’

“Yes!” Aspenpaw yelped.

“Well then, what do you know about a stoney sea…”

-----------------

Aspenpaw padded over to the lake. Echocloud wanted to bring more lake fish back tonight, since lake fish feed more cats.

“Is it just me, or does the lake seem shallower?”

Aspenpaw turned to see Redwing talking to Echocloud.

“Yeah, it does seem shallower.”

I wonder… Aspenpaw shook her head as if it would clear her mind. Does the prophecy mean the lake will run dry?

Dun dun duuuuunnn

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 3 questions:

-Do you think Aspenpaw's theory will come true?

-Do you think this prophecy something that Firestar needs to know about?

-On a scale of 1 (highest level of petrifying) and 10 (nothing important), how frightening/ominous is this prophecy to you?

-If you were worried about the prophecy and couldn't sleep, where would you go to think about it? Would the surrounding comfort you?

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!
Thumbnail avatar 647822f9a6

lynxlynx3024

-Do you think Aspenpaw's theory will come true? yes it might become true

-Do you think this prophecy something that Firestar needs to know about? I think it is important so yes

-On a scale of 1 (highest level of petrifying) and 10 (nothing important), how frightening/ominous is this prophecy to you? 4

-If you were worried about the prophecy and couldn't sleep, where would you go to think about it? Would the surrounding comfort you? an open room no windows only light and the door is open, yes it would comfort me

• Posted at:

HUGO/AYLINA/NEBUR/NEVA/AZER/ROBOT15

The whole problem

with the world is that fools and fanatics

are always so certain of themselves

and wiser people so full of doubts

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

dinosaurjade212

I'm back! I was reading the Land Of Stories again. 

*Rolls her eyes* You are so obsessed with the Land Of Stories. 

*Is confused* But you were reading Worlds Collide a few minutes ago. 

DUSKKITBEQUIET!!! 

*Holds out her hand* I know you hid it inside your nest. Gimme my book back. 

*Reluctantly hands the book over* 

*Leaves the room* 

*Steals Tsunami's iPad and pulls up a pdf of World Collide* 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

GUYSWHATHAPPENEDTOMYMONEY?!?!?! 

Don't look at me. 

I was force-feeding Duskkit some minnows. 

I was hunting. 

I was eating. 

I was teaching Patchkit, Cinderkit, and Whitekit how to fight. 

[Sparkthorn] I was play-fighting with Rainstorm, Heatherblaze, and Cinderstripe. 

I was teaching Willowkit about the warrior code. 

I was sleeping. So was Mottlepelt and Slashclaw. 

I was teaching Wolfkit the basics of treating wounds. 

I was stretching my legs. 

Hmmm.... *Leaves* 

*Pulls out tons of copies of The Wishing Spell, The Enchantress Returns, A Grimm Warning, Beyond The Kingdoms, An Author's Odyssey, and Worlds Collide* 

*Pops her head back into the room* ITWASYOU!!! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

XD

What's so funny?

*chokes suddenly*

*Looks where Topaz was looking* Wait, YOU HAVE LAND OF STORIES GIMME ZE BOOKS!

wat WAIT my cats like Land of Stories even though they can't read, don't have access to any books, and it's a story about people?!

[Whispermist] yep. Wait, Land of Stories? EEEEEEEEE

NO STOP NO THIS IS NOT HAPPENING NO STOP NO NO *passes out*

XD beautiful prank.

Wait, we don't like Land of Stories?

Well, I do, but no one else has read it. *Sees Falconeyes giving Echocloud a copy of the Wishing Spell*

Welp, never mind

*Is still passed out* *wakes up* *Sees Echocloud reading* *passes out*

[Redwing] Oh dear, someone get the water!

*Dumps the ice bucket challenge on Topaz*

*Teeth are chattering* T-th-anks gu-guy-guys

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

*Throws the Land Of Stories books into the air* The Land Of Stories for everyone! 

[Connor] *Is hit on the head with a copy of Worlds Collide* OW!!! 

[Alex] Why are there so many copies of these books? 

Because somebody spent all my money on them! I had a million dollars! 

[Rosette] Who's going to clean this up? 

[Xanthous] I can burn them up. 

WHAT?!?!?! NO!!!!! YOU ARE NOT BURNING THESE BOOKS!!!!! 

[Coral] Then... What do we do with them? 

[Emerelda] *Picks up a copy of the Wishing Spell* How about we read them? 

[Skylene] Okay. 

*Five hours later* 

*The Fairy Council has finished The Wishing Spell and The Enchantress Returns and has moved on to A Grimm Warning* 

I appear too many times in this one. 

You also appear a lot in The Enchantress Returns. 

This is the 2,097th time I'm reading this book. 

I ONLY TOLD YOU ABOUT THE LAND OF STORIES A WEEK AGO!!! YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY BEEN STAYING UP ALL NIGHT READING!!! 

Who's the bookworm now? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

*Shoves all of the cats into the Iciest Night before any of them can mention the Land of Stories* Phew, the apocalypse is over.

*all of the cats teleport back*

oH NO

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 4 questions:

-Why do you think Fallenwing was bothering Lostcloud?

-Who was Lostcloud's brother? (I know, research. *everyone groans*) Why do you think he can't get over his grief?

-Why do you think the AspenClan cats were more worried about the water being low than the MistyClan cats?

-What do you think could make Lostcloud feel better?

-Should Snowystorm be worried about the stream being lower than usual? Or was Lynxclaw right?

-[Insert your question to me here]

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Chapter 4 - When the Waters Run Dry

Snowystorm gazed into the dawn light. She was on watch, and was about to be relieved. Timberfall padded through the briar tunnel and turned to Snowystorm.

“You can go now.”

Timerfall took Snowystorm’s place after she got up. I guess I should go hunting…

------------------------

Snowystorm headed back to camp with a dove and a shrew in her mouth. Her ears pricked up to the sound of a voice.

“Come on, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you suuuuuure? You seem pretty upset.”

Snowystorm peered through the bushes to find Fallenwing interrogating Lostcloud. Lostcloud was trying to enjoy the view of the valley. Oh StarClan….

“I know something’s wrong. You’ve been a grump-ball for a while.” Fallenwing put her face in the tom’s.

Nothing's wrong.” Lostface growled.

“Tell me now.” Fallenwing persisted with an innocent smile on her face.

“I said NOTHING’S WRONG!” Lostcloud snapped as he jumped up of his feet and ran down the hill.

“Geez, what got under his fur?” Fallenwing snorted.

“He’s been like that for a while, ever since the Night Where the Stars Came Down.” Snowystorm explained.

“But that was, like, seasons ago!” Fallenwing exclaimed.

“Not all scars heal. Lostcloud lost his brother.” Snowystorm said.

“Oh.” Fallenwing sighed. Then her ears perked up. “I caught the biggest squirrel ever! Let me show it to you!” The young she raced off with Snowystorm following.

-------------------------

Snowystorm walked along the border with her patrol. The setting sun set a warm glow through the forest. Featherfall looked worried.

“I think something’s up,” she commented.

“What?” Lynxclaw asked.

“The streams are shallow.” Featherfall said.

“They’re always shallow!” Songbreeze said.

“They’re even more shallow than usual.” Featherfall mused.

“Let’s go check it out, then.” Snowystorm suggested.

---------------

The streams were running swiftly along their banks, but they did seem shallower than usual.

“They do seem shallower than usual,” Songbreeze said.

“It’s dry season. Get over it,” Lynxclaw rolled his eyes.

“I guess it is nothing after all,” Featherfall said relieved.

Snowystorm studied the stream suspiciously. Maybe this has something to do with that dream two nights ago… Or it really is nothing.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

topazhamster42

Up

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

Chapter 4 questions:

-Why do you think Fallenwing was bothering Lostcloud? - Because she likes him *sing-song voice* Or she cares about him

*You hear a groan in the background*

-Who was Lostcloud's brother? (I know, research. *everyone groans*) Why do you think he can't get over his grief? - Flamepaw, probably because he and Flamepaw were close or something happened before he died and Lostcloud didn’t get to say sorry.  

-Why do you think the AspenClan cats were more worried about the water being low than the MistyClan cats? Maybe because they rely on it more even if they don’t fish from it.

-What do you think could make Lostcloud feel better? Maybe being able to talk to his brother or maybe Fallenwing calming down and trying to help him through it

-Should Snowystorm be worried about the stream being lower than usual? Or was Lynxclaw right? Yes, Snowystorm should be worried. Lynxclaw was wrong.

Question for you : Do you have some sort of plan for Fallenwing and Lostcloud?

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

cutewolf230

Bump.

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

topazhamster42

I can have a plan for Fallenwing and Lostcloud, if you want. What is their age difference?

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

@Topaz: Do you mind if I make Viperbreeze Stormstar's mother? Because I accidentally made one of his sons look exactly like her XD. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

Which clan is Stormstar from in your story and Viperbreeze is pretty young so I guess she and Stormstar could be siblings?

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

cutewolf230

If I can recall correctly, I'd say that they are around the same age because they were both apprentices in the Darkest Night. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic  

I survived.

Hamiltrash.

1 , , 3 , 4