Thumbnail avatar e6aea2bdf6

dragonkitten1012

Since the dawning of human civilization, Mesopotamia, there have been Gods and Demons. Immortal, Impeccable, Untouchable forces of cosmic beauty and immoral savagery. Beings so great in stature, so irresolute that every plant, animal and man could do nothing more than quake in awe at such a visage. The golden era of deities had begun.

Slowly though, as the tides of time rolled and the wheel, the cart, the moat, and the lance were invented, humanity gradually became less dependent on the cosmic entities that presided in Heaven or dwelled in the Underworld. The demons never forgot. As timeless beings, yesterday is as 300 years' ago tomorrow is. So patiently they waited, they stewed over in Tartarus, bathed in the river of Styx. Explored the black depths of the Abyss, roamed in Abaddon. Despite the now lost reverence humans had for their mythical entities as they turned to their New Gods, humans still died. Souls of the twisted were condemned to spend the rest of their pitiful existence in the Underworld. Where those human souls ended up was a gamble, a spin on the wheel of fate. Some were whisked away and torn asunder by the hungry pit devils. Others were fugitive souls, traipsing the Underworld in fear of their lives. Yet others still joined up with different demonic factions, or were coerced too, aligning themselves under a particularly powerful Demon Lord in hopes of one day achieving that lofty status of an Archdemon.

You are a Demon Lord. There are differences all across the board, age, soul count, reputation, abilities, duties. Regardless of those differences, there is still something every Demon Lord has in common with another, and that is the dependence upon the souls of humans. It doesn't matter whether demons admit it or not, new souls are a crucial part of the life cycle in the Underworld. It affects the Demon Lords even more so than the rest of the demon populace. Without human souls, you will perish.

For thousands of years, the income of human souls has remained relatively stable. There are fluctuation from time to time but the fact that souls came was always constant. Until now. Beings from the Outer Planes, the Forsaken Beings older than time itself have come to reclaim Earth, jeopardizing all of demon kind. With pallid grey skin and their clammy four digit fingers, they lurch about the human streets on the surface. They have one advantage over that of the demons, the ability to flawlessly and masterfully shape change into a human being, or anything for that matter. They have no souls, but in a human form, it is very difficult to discern whether they are truly human or the aberrant creatures that have all of the Underworld ablaze.

Demons, despite their long jointed history with humans, have never been able to as skillfully traverse the surface world. Smaller demons could sometimes get away with it as could extremely powerful demons, but the more powerful the force, the harder it is to remain on the surface. Since the curse cast down upon them from the angels, whenever a demon takes another form, they have a painfully obvious trait that remains throughout all forms. The Forsaken have never had this problem, as they lost interest in Earth long before the era of Angels and Demons.

But now they have come back, and the soul count into Hell dwindles each day. There have been an alarming number of reports concerning the mysterious disappearances of humans on the surface. The Demon Lords quickly assembled a counsel and elected representatives to travel to the surface and investigate the business, as well as exterminate any of the extraterrestrial beings they find. The Forsaken aren't the only problem while traversing on the surface. While they are the major threat, there are also ruthless exorcists who probe the seven continents on the lookout for demons. While they normally aren't an issue, being mortal and all, you have found out that a lot of your power has been sapped. This is most likely due to the lack of souls which you need to survive, as the dark desires of the human heart fuel you. So far, they have only proven slightly dangerous in numbers, though you seem to be drained of more and more energy each day you spend on the surface. Nevertheless, you and your new companions are determined to drive out the Forsaken who have come to snatch away your domain.

Rules:

~ No one Demon Lord may have the same duty or preside over the same thing
~ Character conflict and drama is encouraged
~ This goes without saying, but no omnipotent characters. There's a fine line between "Extremely Powerful" and "Over Powered"
~ Demons have one human form and one animal form they take while on the surface. This is because being in their true demon form is very straining when they aren't in the Underworld
~ Make sure to have a defining demon trait in your appearance. 
~ While in their animal forms, they look like normal animals. Nothing too out of the blue
~ No player or demon number limit as of yet! Applications will most likely always be open!

Form:

True Demon Form-

Name (Can be a title or an actual name):
Demon Of/Duty:
Abilities:
Appearance: (Can place image, description or both)
Personality:
Background:(How you were created or came to be)
Other:
--
Human Form-

Name:
Age You Appear As:
Weapon:(Optional)
Appearance: (List their defining demon trait here as well)
Personality:
Other:
--
Animal Form-

Animal:
Appearance:
Other:

My Form:

True Demon Form-

Name: Reality
Demon Of/Duty: Broken Dreams and Empty Promises
Abilities:

~ Power Augmentation: Able to enhance or weaken the powers of others
~ Invulnerability: Ability to be immune to one or more forms of physical, mental, and spiritual damage and influence.
~ Heightened Senses: Self-explanatory. Mostly just hearing, smelling and sight. She can also see in the dark.
~ Spiritual Mediumship: Ability to see and communicate with the dead
~ Precognition: Ability to perceive the future. It may be expressed in vague dreams while asleep, other times it can be clear and can occur at will. It may also be used as a form of "danger sense" to show her that she is being threatened and from what direction it is coming from.
~ Memory Manipulation: Ability to erase or enhance the memories of another
~ Psionic Blast: Ability to overload another's mind causing pain, memory loss, lack of consciousness, vegetative state or death after having created a psionic link into that individual's mind
~ Reality Warping: Ability to change or manipulate reality itself
~ Summoning: Ability to summon beings or objects for assistance. This may range from invoking simple implements to mighty familiar spirits.

Appearance: Reality takes the form of a large demonic-looking cat. She has coarse, white fur that fluffs out on her chest. She has large, ghostly white eyes with an extra pair of actual cat eyes above her main eyes. Her cat eyes are tilted vertically and mostly closed unless she is highly upset or angered and above those eyes are a specks of black fur in the shape of triangles. A pair of ram’s horns protrude out of her large ears that have black fur tufts at the end. Reality has seven digits on each of her paws that have large black claws that stick out. She also has a very long rat-like tail at least three times her size that would be where an actual cat’s tail would be. At the end of her tail, she holds an old brass bell with intricate designs that the tip of her tail hooks around the handle of the bell.

Personality: Usually calm and collected, Reality is naturally chill and nonchalant about a lot of things. She is patient but is very strict about deadlines and other things related to them. If a deadline is not met by a certain time, she becomes quickly angered and aggressive. She is a very low-key demon and is not well known about and she likes it that way, not wanting the attention or the drama. Reality doesn’t believe in hopes and dreams and she doesn’t have a set “goal” that she wishes to achieve because she doesn’t believe in those either. She is very pessimistic about a lot of things and she doesn’t “Go the extra mile” and she will often give up on many things especially if they aren’t going well; this can seem as if she is being lazy, but again, she won’t believe in something if the probability is low in succeeding. Reality has seen many people lose their hopes and dreams and she doesn’t want to experience the same thing.

Background: Reality was born since the beginning of human existence, ever since the first promise was broken or dream was lost. She herself is made out of these promises and dreams that were never made into reality. When she was born, her job has been to come to the humans who have heartbreak coming to them and take away the dreams that would never become a reality in the first place. She gives them a deadline to give it to her or else she comes back in her full demon form to forcefully take it away which would lead to insanity and death, along with memory loss and comas. She first appears in the dreams of those humans but will morph into reality over time. When she comes, there is always a white mist that appears that would signal her arrival and she looks like a normal cat with white fur and blue eyes.
If a human were to pass away because of her, it is her job to guide the lost soul into the Underworld using the bell that hangs off of her tail. She also guides the lost souls of others that she hasn’t killed but those who lost their way in life and died with regrets. She can often be found around grave yards, strengthening the myth that if a cat is seen jumping grave to grave, it is taking a soul. Reality doesn’t visit the Underworld often unless she’s dropping off souls. She travels around places on Earth, doing her job she’ll have until the moment humans stop existing.

Other: Cat
--
Human Form-

Name: Reality
Age You Appear As: 9
Abilities:

~ Precognition: Reality can see into the future but mostly by dreams or small scenes. She also can’t see too far into the future
~ Reality Warping: She can warp reality for others that she concentrates on.
~ Hovering: While being still, she can hover a few feet off the air, usually on her staff
~ Summoning: Reality can summon the spirits of the lost souls she’s collected throughout the years. She can’t summon too many at one time and this is her main way of fighting.

Weapon: She has a long staff that she uses. It has her brass bell on the end of it and she dings it a certain way to control the spirits how she wants. She can fight with the staff, but very rarely.

Appearance: Reality is a small child with wavy, silver-white hair. She has choppy, long and straight bangs that flop right above her very dark eyebrows. Her demon trait that she acquired is the large ghostly-white eyes of her demon form. They are very startling on her small and round face. She has pale skin and and a skinny frame with short limbs. She is around 4’3, average height for 9 year old girls. She wears a plain white, flimsy dress that has frills on the sleeves, around the collar, and at the bottom of the dress. She doesn’t wear shoes unless she’s forced to.

Personality: Basically the same as above except that she’s very unsatisfied with her appearance as a human.

Other: Nope
--
Animal Form-

Animal: Cat
Appearance: An adult white furred cat with blue eyes and seven digits on each foot

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~>> NUGGET <<~

"Ya Can't Beat the SPICE Cuz The Flames Are Too Fast"

Queen of the Nugget Kingdom     ~"Heckles"

Thumbnail avatar 366796e4cf

warriorcat609

Ooooh, this roleplay sounds awesome. Well developed :D

I would join but I just don't feel comfortable roleplaying as a demon...

since..well..I'm Christian and I believe they are evil..

• Posted at:

^^

The ɴᴇᴋᴏ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss

#ʀʜʏʜss 

"ι'м α ωαℓиυт ωιтн ραѕѕισи!"

ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ & sʜɪᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴏʙsᴇssᴇᴅ

ᑭᖇOᑌᗪ ᗰEᗰᗷEᖇ Oᖴ BH/DB

#KII4EE

Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

Save!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

Queen of winged wolves and lions

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

dragonkitten1012

@Toffee- Thank you! I also give credit to my friend Lupa, who came up with most of this. Also, I understand, I would try and make exceptions for you and others, but it would kind of defeat the purpose of the roleplay, sorry.

@Stargazer- Saved!

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

Thumbnail avatar b114f60249

unicornwolf33

Bookmarking this so I don't lose it in case I want to join 

Or just stalk this roleplay as it goes along

• Posted at:

Lupa DarkBlade

Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say

And as he faced the sun he cast no shadow

Queen of Wolves

|INTP|Classic Rock|Roleplayer|3/11/14|

"Just a lil' bit"

Save!

• Posted at:

It don't matter what my name is

I don't got one, I'm not famous, no

icewolf2513

Form:

True Demon Form-

Name: Illusion 
Gender: Illusion goes by "he" but doesn't mind being called the opposite gender.
Demon Of/Duty: Paranoia and Betrayal
Abilities:

Superhuman Senses: Sort of self-explanitory. He can hear better, see better, and smell better. 

Mental/Emotion Manipulation: Can make someone think negatively or bear malice towards someone or something or can plant thoughts into people's heads. 

Dream Visiting: This is one of the more rare ones, but when it does happen, 9 times out of 10, he's in the form of someone the victim cares about. 

Invunerability: He's mostly immune to mental and spiritual damage or altering but he can get physically hurt, it just heals quick. 

Illusions: Sorta self-explanitory... Illusion chooses a person or group of person to put in a temporary bent reality.

Appearance: Illusion's form is a black lion with large bull horns on the sides of his head. His eyes are pitch black, sclera and all. His tail is the length of his body, and the tip of it is red. His mane is messy and he has 
Personality: He's very quiet and really doesn't talk unless he wants to share an opinion, plan, or someone he feels is worth the time is talking to him. He feels as though anyone not a fellow Demon Lord is worth anything and will most likely be rude. Illusion's extremely determined and focused in most things he does, even if he doesn't have a goal in anything. He doesn't get angry unless it's about something he cares about, and he doesn't quite care about a lot. Illusion also finds pain inflicted on others hysterical, and pain in general.

Background: Illusion came to be when the first human killed another. He didn't pop into immediate existance, but gradually formed into what he is now. He can usually be found in places where there's a lot of danger or places that scare humans, like haunted places or areas where people are more likely to hurt their loved ones (like a bar or something).

Other: 
--
Human Form-

Name: Illusion
Age You Appear As: 10
Abilities:

Mental/Emotional Manipulation: Same as the other, but two people at a time at most.

Illusions: Same thing

Summoning: Being able to summon things or souls he's collected throughout the years. 

Weapon: Metallic black/red throwing knives

Appearance: In this form, Illusion is about 5'3, with black hair, pale, nearly grey-ish skin, a black button-up shirt, jeans, and red shoes. His eyes are black, like his actual form, but the sclera isn't. His defining Demon feature are the horns, that remain on either side of his head. He's pretty skinny and keeps his throwing knives in little built-in pockets in his shirt. 

Personality: He likes scaring people by staring at them and laughs the most in this form. Other than that, same personality.

Other: Nope.
--
Animal Form-

Animal: Cat
Appearance: An adult black cat with black eyes and a tail the same length as his body. 

I know, I'm uncreative... Please accept.

Please let this through!!!!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

dragonkitten1012

Accpeted!

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

icewolf2513

Yayy! Thank you!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up, because this is too well developed and awesome to die before it starts.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

icewolf2513

I'm scared this is gonna die before it starts, so would you like to start or...?

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

Thumbnail avatar 647822f9a6

lynxlynx3024

True Demon Form-

Name: white
Demon Of/Duty: coldness
Abilities:

Freeze: can freeze everything for an hour(only once in so many time)

Invulnerability: immune to physical and mental damage and influence

Ice:can create and manipulate ice

Speed: she is faster than all living animals because of this

Coldness: she always has an aura around her which cause everyone who is in the aura gets cold
Appearance: an ice saber-toothed tiger with blue eyes and with floating ice bows around her which you can see how big her aura is
Personality:she is very cold and doesn't talk at all since she was a really long time pretty lonely
Background:she was created at the same time as earth was created with her job to always have cold places on earth and if possible white cold places. Her job by people is to kill people who didn't prepare on the coldness so that the person didn't die very painful her job will stop when the earth stops existing
Other:pls tell me if I need to correct something
--
Human Form-

Name:White
Age You Appear As:15
Abilities:

Coldness:same

Speed:same but now slower

Freeze:same but now for 10 minutes and it takes longer to reuse
Weapon:ice bow
Appearance: she is a small white girl with short messy hair, blue eyes her demon trait are her 2 sharp canine teeth and she also has her other teeth from her saber-toothed tiger form
Personality:same
Other:naeh
--
Animal Form-

Animal:white tiger
Appearance:well it is a white tiger with blue eyes
Other:naeh

• Posted at:

HUGO/AYLINA/NEBUR/NEVA/AZER/ROBOT15

The whole problem

with the world is that fools and fanatics

are always so certain of themselves

and wiser people so full of doubts

-Bertrand russell

# RememberTheLost 

#Ishmael's forum brother

@Nebite

homethread /313731

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Still really don't want this to die before it starts.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

#Haven33and1,000+Posts