Okay, The Dragon’s Eye has been out for a whole week. I know some of you have read it -- what did you think? What was your favorite part? Spoilers here, of course!

---------

What did you think of Princess Song and her water dragon? And what about our heroes and their bond tokens?

And of course -- how did you feel about the ending?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

WOF RP ad thread /324867

Cool Spirit Animals fan posts! /324865

Shadow House music /324866

Goosebumps word scramble /322992

I Survived school! /323972

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

fiest

i'm clisung mt etes as i tupe this bc i havem't read ut yet

• Posted at:

Happeh®

here&queer

love/life/deatdon'discriminate

OE Y E

normalnesssadness

love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Thumbnail avatar 7ddd723b59

arrogantdragon60

This book was exhilarating! There was so much energy. I wish we could have seen more of Worthy though...And that scene where Abeke remembers Shane...real tears guys. I didnt like the rather abrupt ending. The Redcloaks never got the redemption they deserved. Their story is unfinished. There really should be a third series. They deserve to be redeemed at least....

• Posted at:

Worthy has my heart :)

I am a Redcloak

I love Jesus

Go Spirit Animals!!!

Shabeke shipper, majorly

Thumbnail avatar d5118087c5

icedragon791

All of the bond token chapters were great to read, and thank goodness I'm not the only one that cried at Abeke's chapter! At least she's finally come to the conclusion that strengthening her bond with Uraza is the best way to honor Shane, so I'm finally happy about that. (...Why'd it still gotta take you four books to get to this point, Abeke? I've been waiting four books for this.)

I was disappointed to see Worthy show up for all but ten minutes pretty much. From one point, I can understand that only the four heroes with their tokens should be able to stand up against the Oathbound commanders and Song who have the gifts, but I wanted to see more Redcloaks. For what the battle against the Oathbound soldiers was, it was still really cool! We never see an ending where Olvan and Lenori come out of the Citadel or the heroes tell the truth to the world leaders, which is what I had imagined, but I still like the ending scene of the four heroes heading back together.

It's after the battle, after destruction and confusion have scarred the land. There's still more trials ahead to face, but they'll face everything together.

• Posted at:

Can my name be Paladin?

#Book-Nerd

#Proud Catholic

#Go RainWings, RiverClan, team RWBY, Voltron, and Redcloaks!

And I'm out!

Thumbnail avatar 902464f966

skyscraperarrow12

The poor water dragon, never got to live a happy life cuz Song is a hot-head.  :l :( That's a pretty sad ending for a girl who had a sad life though.

It's nice to see Worthy again though. :D

I wish the series could continue :(

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

Thumbnail avatar 6dcb7cba36

ponydress24

I loved the book! But, the ending was not good.

I loved the bond tokens, and the fact that Rollan could fly! And of course Kana becoming... well, kind of good. Poor her, I suppose.

But the ending literally states that there is going to be another trial, but we nevr read anything about it. And they are on their way to Greenhaven, what will happen there? And what has happened to the other Greencloaks, and Olvan and Lenori?

I just think that they should have added another chapter or three to the book to explain those things at least. Although, I am completely in for another book, or books! Let's do that!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 1d5dd240b3

inkyink58

I'm here just to say HI SARAH, YOU MIGHT REMEMBER ME FROM WoF FORUMS! I'm a big fan and if you have time I would love if you could check out my thread, the number is in my siggy and I hope you like the whole idea of it!

• Posted at:

TheExoticSuperstore                       /324477

When The Walls Cave In                /326550

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ Ⓞⓕ Ⓝⓔⓟⓣⓤⓝⓔ

"Sometimes only paper will listen to you"

THE ENDING? IM DED. HOW DID YOU FELL, SARAH! woah sorry for all caps

• Posted at:

+Piksel+

I don't want to go, Mr. Stark...

Perfectly Imperfect

God made me, and he loves me.

And you.

We don't have to focus on where we're going. We're all going to get there some day. ~ Me

It must be the end. I'm slowly fading. 

/326974

Thumbnail avatar 6bb2881999

crowwings29

I HOPE WE GET ANOTHER SERIES. THIS CANT BE THE END RIGHT?

ROLLAN TALKING TO TARIK IN HIS HEAD MAKES ME WANT TO CRY STILL THINKING ABOUT IT. 

• Posted at:

//Gem.exe\\

He/she/they

MEDIATOR INFP-T

The Accidental Child of Zeus

First born of SAMB

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Lovewins

#rememberthelost

#LGBTQ+shipper

#makeKirawsoncanon

I am a Child Of Zeus, don't mess with me or I'll electrocute you! >:D

I was pretty sad at the end -- I think I was hoping that Princess Song might get redeemed! But it was also really hopeful at the very end, which is good -- I want the Greencloaks to rebuild and relax a little, you know? 

• Posted at:

Recent threads

WOF RP ad thread /324867

Cool Spirit Animals fan posts! /324865

Shadow House music /324866

Goosebumps word scramble /322992

I Survived school! /323972

Thumbnail avatar 7e0bfd5c66

coindragon103

Same. I liked the "WHY WON'T IT BREAK" bits XD

Poor Seaspray. He was tortured badly :(

I wish there's more SA but the series is done. No more. Ever. *cries*

• Posted at:

Hope and Hack

I like nekos, glitter, and having fun!

I like video games, but I haven't played SA.

I decided to share my account with him.

I'll be using her account now.

Gangs at: pending :/

Homethreads at: pending :/

Hey, Sarah! Got a favorite book series?

• Posted at:

+Piksel+

I don't want to go, Mr. Stark...

Perfectly Imperfect

God made me, and he loves me.

And you.

We don't have to focus on where we're going. We're all going to get there some day. ~ Me

It must be the end. I'm slowly fading. 

/326974

Thumbnail avatar de00b554c9

wittywizard133

OMG it was great Admin. I love it. My favorite part was probably the part when they go through the tunnel to get the dragon's eye. I don't know why but it just was. I love your posts, could you please respond to me? And I kinda saw princess song thing coming so i wasn't too suprised. But I did NOT see her spirit animal coming. Especially a water dragon!

• Posted at:

I'm a greencloak that owns every spirit animals book.     

My favorite character is probably Rollan or (one of the newest characters)

the old man.

My favorite book is The Book of Shane.

Character placeholder thumbnail

redring41

Princess Song!!!!! What The Heck was that???? I DID  NOT see that coming. But the lack of Redcloaks was kind of depressing. I mean why was Alix even in the series. Well I could pretend that I am upset because of the lack of Redcloaks but honestly I just wanted them to talk about Shane. I guess that isn't really shocking. All of my posts mention Shane. ...........Anyway Meilin was amazing in this book. And WHAT HAPPENED TO XANTHE???     Do we just assume that she magically got all better while being tied up in a ship.

• Posted at:

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Shanelovedhermore

I am tspig 

Thumbnail avatar d5118087c5

icedragon791

Yeah, the Redcloaks never coming back is the biggest complaint I have. For rededicating their lives to helping others, why didn't they help the heroes more? Ok, maybe they're helping out other Greencloaks in the background or suffered bad losses after the first battle - Great Beasts forbid that though - but tell us then! There's so much wasted potential leaving them out anyways. Of course they would be the best ones to help Abeke confront her grief, but I also would have loved to see them fight, be given more characterization, and actually become friends with the heroes.

That being said, I'm also disappointed that the other Great Beast summoners never returned either. Yes, Dawson and Takoda showed up again, but their original plans were to stay home - the heroes came to them because the plot required so.

The biggest concern I have about the new summoners though, is what the heck happened to Raisha? After the Wyrm was defeated, did everyone seriously just forgive her for stealing four Great Beasts? Or is she back in jail, or did she run away right after the battle (it could fit with her character)? No one wants to keep an eye on Gerathon's partner just in case? Ambition is part of her character, for crying out loud!

• Posted at:

Can my name be Paladin?

#Book-Nerd

#Proud Catholic

#Go RainWings, RiverClan, team RWBY, Voltron, and Redcloaks!

And I'm out!

Thumbnail avatar 7e0bfd5c66

coindragon103

LET XANTHE BE OK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Hope and Hack

I like nekos, glitter, and having fun!

I like video games, but I haven't played SA.

I decided to share my account with him.

I'll be using her account now.

Gangs at: pending :/

Homethreads at: pending :/

Thumbnail avatar 4a324079e2

lightningdragon1850

POOR SEASPRAY!

Anyone else think that its kind of ironic that when Song got the senior greencloaks to go after the dragons eye by threatening to throw Rollan out the window one of the oathbound holding him up says "You're bonded to Essix, right? Too bad she never taught you to fly." and then he ends up flying?

• Posted at:

Wings of flame and Wings of storm

soon will return

the earth will shake

and the sky will churn

when Pyrhia will return

BonfireFlameWing

EmeraldeyesCrystalWing

Cleril

Turljou

Shaneke

StormWing

No one is pure evil

Thumbnail avatar 08ba078b66

purplesprinkles74

I loved this book it was so good!!! I really wish there was a third series though, I feel like some things still haven't been explained. I think a book about Meilin, Conor, Abeke, and Rollan and thier past would be really cool. I love the Bond Tokens they made, they we're so cool.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 6bb2881999

crowwings29

So I had a thought.... Is Song dead actually? They never found her body even under the rubble but also she went missing with the dragon's eye so how do we know she's really dead? She could be alive and probably come back to attack the FF.

Also can we get a book focus on four other kids that have great beasts, maybe see them go on an adventure. I have a few ideas in mind of a SA story.

• Posted at:

//Gem.exe\\

He/she/they

MEDIATOR INFP-T

The Accidental Child of Zeus

First born of SAMB

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Lovewins

#rememberthelost

#LGBTQ+shipper

#makeKirawsoncanon

I am a Child Of Zeus, don't mess with me or I'll electrocute you! >:D

Thumbnail avatar 6dcb7cba36

ponydress24

I just feel like the series is not done yet. There are still things they could write about with the Four Fallen. Or maybe they could write a book, or multiple books, about other Greencloaks, the adult ones when they were younger. Like; Tarik, Lishay, Olvan, Lenori, Monte, Barlow, Dorian, Xue. All of them. How did they join the Greencloaks, how did they all meet and become friends, how did Olvan become the Greencloak leader. What did Xue mean when she said that Olvan and Lenori had been bad students. (That has literally been chasing me for too long) Well, I believe there is still something that can be done with this serie.

Btw, I also find it a little sad that if the serie breaks off we know so little about certain love relationships (Rollan and Meilin, Conor and Abeke, Lishay and Tarik, Olvan and Lenori, Devin and Karmo perhaps or Finn and Maya). I always wished there would have been a little more romance in the Spirit Animals books.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar a80597eccd

crimsonwarrior76

I completely agree with you. 

Btw, your signature is awesome!!! I can relate to it:

I burst into actual tears when Worthy was caught in the rockfall.

I love the Redcloaks!!!

I love Jesus as well, majorly.   :)

Spirit Animals is my favorite book series, even over Harry Potter.

I also ship Shabeke.

• Posted at:

Our actions, along with our words, can affect the world around us more than we usually think. Because of this, we need to treat others with the same respect we would give ourselves. If we don't, a chain reaction of consequences is in store.

Thumbnail avatar 4a324079e2

lightningdragon1850

I feel kind of bad for Song. And I've always thought that flying would be the best spirit animal power.

By the way, did anyone else catch the parallels between the Dragon's eye and Rollan's bond token/ Tarik's cloak?

The dragon's eye lets you breathe and see underwater and makes you immune to the pressure. Song hit on what it truly lets you do: "she understood it would allow her to be with her water dragon, above and below."

Sounds a lot like that cloak, doesn't it? It lets Rollan fly and be with Essix in the sky and on the ground.

• Posted at:

Wings of flame and Wings of storm

soon will return

the earth will shake

and the sky will churn

when Pyrhia will return

BonfireFlameWing

EmeraldeyesCrystalWing

Cleril

Turljou

Shaneke

StormWing

No one is pure evil

Thumbnail avatar 902464f966

skyscraperarrow12

now that i rethink everything Song could actually be alive? if she was holding the Dragon's Eye the whole time (she prob was though, cuz she is totallly obssesed with its power :l )

honestly if the can't think of anything but ending the series, then they could always do graphic novels :l or more backstories of people

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

Thumbnail avatar caf765b08b

lionadventure1015

how do you join a clan

• Posted at:

MY name is Alayna i live in new hampshire. I read Wings of Fire and i am a Sandwing/Rainwing/Icewing hybrid. I also read Foxcraft