Thumbnail avatar 74fcc26f92

teabear54

Corrin is overtly naive, clueless, cries a lot and is just not cool.

Which I love to see in a main character for once.

Fire Emblem, and fiction in general, has many main characters who are just plain "cool" and OP. (With emphasis on 'plain' more often than not.) I can get hyped only so many times from the same 'defeated the evil empire against all odds' and 'smacking medieval fools with modern values' fantasy stories. The most interesting elements with Corrin is how he (outside of Revelation) constantly fails in his personal wishes, not how he wins against the odds. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

INFJ

Christian and proud

#Panda Lazer

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally

Sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind

I’m totally not awkward

teabear54

Up

• Posted at:

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

INFJ

Christian and proud

#Panda Lazer

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally

I’m totally not awkward

Thumbnail avatar 3ec3391dac

dragonwolf2982

Well I agree so

There's also the whole when-people-die-they-blame-themself thing, which is actually a thing people do

They also enhance the character of the deuteragonist because Azura kind of acts as Corrin's emotional support.

• Posted at:

Call me Eternity EternaFlamCrandberry

I'm Katrina

Caprittanius

Capriborn

Infj

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/287587

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

"rAARRGH NO DARK LORD AARON" -Ocean 2k18

Thumbnail avatar 971efb7c8a

mermaidvulcan14

Be careful where you say that, because you could be mobbed, knowing the fandom

• Posted at:

Syalla

Sned help

Me Me BIG Disappointment

Still not shipped (not that I mind)

Silvy's Half-Sister!

Wait, am I supposed to put something edgy and/or thought provoking here?

Thumbnail avatar 971efb7c8a

mermaidvulcan14

I disagree, but for a reason not mentioned. There is nothing wrong with being naive, many people are. There is nothing wrong with blaming yourself for someone's death. 

My, and many others, issue with Corrin is that they never learn. Like, take Anthony from Revelations. After he betrays the group, Corrin is still praised for being a good leader and trusting others. Once again, nothing wrong with that, but this is a big part of Fates's bad writing.

Another issue I have is how the other characters are constantly praising Corrin. Showing love and support to those you care about is normal, but in some cases (I'm looking at you Camilla), Corrin can do no wrong. Even in Birthright, an extremely angry Corrin-hating Leo is calmed down within a conversation. 

*SPOILERS*

In Conquest, Takumi acts like he loathes Corrin and has a reason to do so. But in the Final Boss, all of that is thrown out of the window because Takumi was being possessed by Anakos to think and act that way. (You need to be possessed by a decaying, insane god to have a reason to hate Corrin, top tier writing Fates).

And yeah, they were sheltered for most of their life, but what about when they actually live it? Corrin doesn't learn and doesn't get "punished" for their actions.

Anyways, the bigger issue is with Fates's writing that makes Corrin a bad character; you can have a good, naive caring character. Corrin could have been one of these, but he just isn't, in my opinion.

• Posted at:

Syalla

Sned help

Me Me BIG Disappointment

Still not shipped (not that I mind)

Silvy's Half-Sister!

Wait, am I supposed to put something edgy and/or thought provoking here?

I thought Corrin was kind of a meh character. I mean, they weren't terrible, but they could have been improved a bit.

• Posted at:

luminous  

probably not a glowstick

happy pride month!

teabear54

@Syalla He was raised as a sibling with Camilla and Leo. No matter how mad they are at him, he's still practically family to them.

• Posted at:

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

INFJ

Christian and proud

#Panda Lazer

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally