Thumbnail avatar 5506f7e29e

puppybutterfly126

C1

January 1, 2018

I sat on the couch in my bedroom, murmuring incoherently to myself as I read the book. I was about one fourth of the way through. I was about to turn the page, but something caught my eye. On the center of my large red rug sat a small golden box that hadn’t been there when I sat down.

I stood up and looked at the box. No one else was home, for they were all out somewhere else. My mom and dad were seeing the newest Marvel movie, the one that had just come out, and my brother was with one of his friends at their house. I walked to the box. It had a note on it. All it said was “Here, have a gift. ~C.P.” I didn’t know anyone with the initials C.P. I took the box and shook it. It seemed harmless. Anyways, who was I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

I went to the kitchen with the box. I got out my mother’s scissors and cut the ribbon tying it shut. I pulled it off eagerly, then slowly lifted the lid off the box.

I screamed.  Something was pouring out of the box. Why me? I thought I felt my mind connect with that of four others, but it was probably my imagination. After a second, though it seemed like an eternity, everything went black, and I collapsed into the comforting darkness.

My name is Trina Bouilard, and this is my story.

✵~❀~✵

January 1, 1,002,018

I woke up. Where was I? I was awake, but I was in complete darkness. How had I gotten here? The box, that’s right. My book lay next to me, forgotten.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I called into the darkness. It echoed, but no one answered.

“Hello?,” I whispered, again to no response. But only at first.

“Hello, Trina.” A voice said several seconds later. I started. Where did the voice come from? How did it know my name? “He he he. Yes, little one, I might seem creepy, but  I assure you I mean you no harm. I have come to help. As a token of my goodwill....”

A small box dropped in front of me. I could hardly see it. I took it hesitantly. “Oh, yes. I forgot you came here by that box on your floor.  My enemy managed to get that to you before I could stop her. It transported you 1,000,000 years into the future. This is to help you, I assure you.”

“1,000,000 YEARS!?!?!?!?!,” I yelled, shocked.

“Unfortunately, yes. Now that you’re here, only you can save us. You will also find two boys and two girls like you who will want to join you. Three you can trust, the other one you can’t. Unfortunately, that’s all I know about them. I don’t know who they are or the one who isn’t trustworthy. I brought them all to different parts of this world. Beware, this future world is very different and you could get lost. I must go. Another has arrived. ”

“Wait! Don’t go! I need…” but there was silence. Suddenly, I heard a small whine next to me. The room lit up at that whine, taking me by surprise and momentarily blinding me.

A small gray husky puppy - at least that’s what I thought it was - stood next to me. It nuzzled me and licked my hand. It had come out of the box, I deduced. There was a scroll next to it as well. I picked up the puppy and took the scroll. I opened it, rolling it out to almost flat on the floor. I knelt, and used two rocks as paperweights to hold it open.

In a neat hand, these words were written: Greetings, Trina. This scroll contains what I was not able to tell you before I left. C.P. is coming after you and wants to kill you so she can rule all of time. You were to be killed by lightning strike as soon as you arrived, but I have a spy in her factory who messed with the coordinates the box was supposed to send you to. Instead, it sent you to this cave. This husky will help you find the others. Her name is Shaylyn. Treat her as though she were your sister. When you are all together, I will come.

~The Voice of the Wind

I stared down at the writing. Well, better get out of here, I thought.

I picked up Shaylyn, and stuffed my book under my shoulder. “Can you get me out of here, Shaylyn?,” I asked the puppy, remembering that I wouldn’t call a sister “girl.” The husky yipped and trotted over to one side of the space. Light leaked through cracks in that part, identifying it as a weak section. I punched the wall above where Shaylyn was sniffing and it collapsed. Sunlight filled my eyes. I picked up the husky.

“We’re free, Shaylyn!”

(Trina's afternote: Yes, it's corny. I know.)

✵~❀~✵

I started down along the nearby road, Shaylyn sniffing in front of me. I let the husky lead me. I wondered about who I was going to find first. Suddenly, I realized something. I wasn’t wearing the clothes I’d been wearing when I opened the box on my floor. Instead, I was wearing a yellow dress with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it. The yellow got darker with every lightning bolt. I felt my ears. My golden crosses had little golden lightning bolts dangling from them.

“Huh,” I said. I touched my neck. My cross was still there, but it had two golden lightning charms on the side. I shrugged. It was still ok. I continued following Shaylyn.

About ten minutes later, I came upon a man riding an… interesting horse. It looked mostly normal, but it had scales instead of fur. The scales were obviously the same color it would have been had it had fur, but it was still unusual.

“Can you tell me what’s down this road, sir?”

“Sure, sweetheart. That leads to Juraimian Village, a small tech-savvy farming town. You should be fine there.” I nodded a thanks and headed after Shaylyn again.

Later, I realized that I was hungry. The box suddenly felt heavy in my pocket. I took it out. In it there was food and, to my surprise, sleeping clothes. I ate the food and went on, Shaylyn in the lead.

We stopped at about three (at a guess) to eat some food. I had been eating some crackers when I was taken, and to my surprise found them tucked in the box. I ate some, and gave Shaylyn some time to maybe hunt and catch some prey for herself.

At dusk, I picked Shaylyn up and went into the shrubs on the side of the road. I took off the dress and put on the pajamas. A sleeping bag had appeared in the box. How the Hersheys is everything getting into this box? And how does it FIT?  I wondered. Well, it doesn’t matter. At least I have something to sleep in. I took it out and rolled it open on the ground. I snuggled into it and fell into a deep sleep. And yet again I had the Dream.

✵~❀~✵

Nine hours later, I woke up. I nudged Shaylyn with my foot and the little puppy woke up. She perked up immediately and was up and on the go. She ran circles around me as I got back into my new clothes.

As soon as I was ready to get back on the road, Shaylyn ran in front of me and went on. I had to jog to keep up with the energetic little puppy. The dust cloud that we kicked upd was legendary.

Unfortunately for us, that made it easy for a spy to sneak up behind us. He was C.P.’s top spy and wasn’t going to let his boss down. He was the best at everything a spy needed to be good at. Unfortunately for him, my hearing was even more impressive than the dust cloud I was making.

I heard footsteps behind me and whirled around. There, standing in the settling dust, was a man dressed in all black. He pointed some sort of gun thing at me. It looked like a gun, but was smaller, and the trigger was on top instead of on the bottom. Before I knew what was in the gun, and before I knew what I was doing, I was running at the man. I felt as if there was lightning in my veins, empowering me. Allowing me to do what I had never done before.

He shouted in surprise at the courage that I was showing. He recovered himself and let out multiple shots from his gun. Bullets screamed towards me. I somehow dodged them with ease, even though dodging bullets was supposed to be physically impossible. He tired soon, and started to slump to the ground.

How am I doing this?  I thought to myself as I elbowed the man in the gut as he fell, causing him to drop the gun. I grabbed the barrel and knocked him unconscious with his gun before he could reveal any hidden weapons. I stopped short. The lightning I had felt in my veins drained away as I stood there.

Well, I don’t know WHAT that was, but better check him for weapons. I checked everywhere I could think of that a weapon could be concealed. I found two more guns and a knife. I put them in the pack that had just appeared in the box. It, like the rest of my outfit, was buttercup yellow with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it.

I pulled out a rope and tied him to a tree. I gagged him with some linen I found on the ground, because I wasn’t going to hurt him any more than I had to, but it was better to be on the safe side.

“Let’s take a path OFF the road so we don’t run into anyone else who wants to kill us, Shaylyn,” I told the puppy. The husky obediently went off the road, with me not far behind.

We took a path through trees, weaving, dipping, and ducking. I wasn’t about to take my chances with the road after what had just happened. I did not want to have to beat up some random guy again. Or tie him to a tree. I still wondered if I was being followed, however.

I jumped. There had been a crash in the woods behind me. I heard someone swearing about trees and their job and smart girls that were hard to track.

As silently as I could, I nudged Shaylyn.

The husky got the note and started running as quickly and quietly as she could. I followed. We were still kind of loud, and the person heard us running. They sprinted after Shaylyn and me.

I got that lightning feeling again. I picked up Shaylyn and left our pursuer behind. The person dropped to the ground and started snoring, devoid of any energy. I ran and ran, not getting tired. I ran back onto the road and kept sprinting, not caring that I kicked up even more dust than before. All I knew was that I needed to get to the village, needed to hide, needed to find the others.

Several people stopped in amazement as I ran past them. One yelled,”Hey, missy, where you going in such a hurry? Only thing this way in the next hundred miles is Juraimian Village!”

“That’s where I’m going,” I called back. I kept running. A horse galloped next to me. It wasn’t one of the scaly ones, but one of the ones I was used to. It had a bow on it, and a note on the bow. All it said was V.o.t.W, but I got the message. Not skipping a beat, I jumped and landed perfectly on the horse.

The horse immediately went into a gallop, going even faster than I had. I sat in the saddle, feeling the burst of energy I’d had drain away. Shaylyn was surprisingly keeping up with the horse.

The road was now giving me a rural feel, for the brush on the side of the road was overgrown and dense. It soon got so bad that the horse could not navigate correctly. I was forced to get off the horse. I pulled a leaf cutter out of the magic box and started cutting the shrubs. I was going to keep the horse, because who knew when it would come in handy?

Only God, I thought as I led the horse and cut the shrubs in their way. Shaylyn had leaped onto the horse and was napping on the saddle. I’m going to need to  name the horse, I thought. What was a good horse name? It looked like the white horse from Breath of the Wild, so I named it Zelda, what I had named the in-game horse.

“Hey, Zelda,” I said to the horse. The horse nickered and stamped its hoof. I took that as the horse seal of approval. I continued cutting.

I soon came to a clearing. The horse dipped her head and started eating the green grass that grew there. I realized it was again almost dark. I got into my pajamas and rolled out my sleeping bag. I strung a string around the clearing and put alarms at foot intervals so if someone came in my sleep, I’d hear the alarms go off.

I got into my sleeping bag, but I couldn’t fall asleep. Neither of my companions could, either. They were all so restless. Something was wrong.

A low growl came from the woods. Brush rustled. The wind started howling. I stood up and quickly put on my clothes. A growl came from the other direction. I pulled a sword out of the box. I’d had training with a sword back in my time, so I knew how to use one.

Growls came from all sides. Five bears walked toward the clearing. But they were… wrong somehow. They were drooling way too much, and their eyes were red. I noticed that part of their head had been replaced with mechanical parts

“Cybears?” I said nervously. “Good Cybears. Nice Cybears.” Apparently, they didn’t like that.

As the first one set foot in the clearing, I ran to Shaylyn, picked her up, and jumped onto Zelda. As soon as I was settled, Zelda took off at a gallop. I clung to Zelda’s mane as the horse traversed the road, leaving the bears behind. But the bears still ran after us.

Zelda took a sharp turn and ran into a copse of trees. The bears ran down the road, intent on pursuit but not noticing those they were running after weren’t in front of them. We waited for a minute or two, to make sure they didn’t loop back, and then continued on our way.

As soon as I got back on Zelda, Zelda started to trot. We didn’t gallop because it might attract more crazy animals, but we still made good time. Shaylyn took turns running beside them or resting behind me.

We kept going until daybreak. I settled in a tree to keep bears from getting me. I took Shaylyn with me. Zelda was left untethered so she could run if anything came. I picked a wide tree branch and laid out my sleeping bag. I went to sleep once my head hit the pillow.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes. I’d had the Dream again. My eyes were watering, so I blinked rapidly to restore my vision. The horse was still standing, and Shaylyn was still on the branch, so I took that as a good sign. I gently removed Shaylyn and climbed down. I reached up and took the still-sleeping puppy off the branch and got on Zelda. The horse started, started walking, and with time, worked up to a canter.

✵~❀~✵

An hour later, I stroked Shaylyn with one hand, holding onto the horse’s mane with another. Shaylyn was still asleep somehow. Zelda steadily cantered down the road, kicking up a miniscule amount of dust.

I heard people moving. I looked up into the trees. Above me, black-clad men ran on the tree branches thick enough to support their weight. I took the guns that I had taken from my first assailant out of my pack.

Don’t kill, wound or scare, I told myself. I aimed and fired. The shot hit a tree branch and the man on it fell. He hit his head on the road and was knocked unconscious. I fired again and the remaining men fell, as they had been on the same branch. They fell heavily and blacked out near their co-worker.

We rode on. The dust was still the same, but they seemed to be unwatched. The silence was disturbing. There were no bees buzzing or birds chirping. I started to get scared. Where are all the animals?

A gunshot sounded. A bird had been silently flying above me, but it fell to the ground dead. The blue coloring of the bird was shockingly bright They’re being hunted! This is a hunting ground! We need to get out of here. Thankfully, Zelda hadn’t spooked when the gunshot sounded. I urged her into a gallop. We needed to get out, and soon, or we might end up a trophy on someone’s wall.

We galloped down the road. Shaylyn had woken up in all the commotion and was now running beside the horse. The brush started to clear out. Just then, a bullet rushed past them. They were being hunted.

Zelda ran as fast as she could. Bullets screamed by, but miraculously none hit us. We kept going. The shrubbery got thinner and thinner. Soon, the brush cleared completely. A village came into our sight, large behind its blue wall. We headed down the road to the village, before coming to a complete stop in front of it.

Mods please let this through the character's name isn't my IRL name I promise

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Starlight Ruewen Random

Christian | Aspiring Author | Gryffindor

✩Hate on the trait, not the person.

Oldie | Sophitz Shipper | ML Fan

✩Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Book Lover | Rainber | #STS
Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

I’m intrigued. The only thing is the MC is edging towards Mary Suedom, though I’m guessing you’re making her more flawed later. But other than that, I love the story! Bookmark!

• Posted at:

һє/һєя/ѧıċ

ғʀ ɪɴ: ɪʀ ɪɴs

e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶

b̷e̷c̷a̷u̷s̷e̷ ̷i̷m̷ ̷o̷n̷l̷y̷ ̷̷r̷a̷c̷k̷

i̷n̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷c̷a̷s̷t̷l̷e̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷g̷l̷a̷s̷s̷

ˢ   

puppybutterfly126

Oh yes, there is some total cluelessness and judging coming her way

Still stuck on chapter four UGHHHH

Heh heh heh

I have some mistakes planned for her

she will acknowledge them

also she will be totally fooled by C.P. She's too trusting.

So is Katrina, too, actually...

I made it an RP a while back

Katrina is Aurelia's character

I'm currently in control of the entire thing though

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

Thumbnail avatar 3addddf129

frostdawn272

XD, you should reboot the RP! (Also, I LOVE it)

• Posted at:

^^  

ღ Aurelia ღ

YOU'RE A WIZARD, PERCY

You're an ELF, RORY

So many Fandoms so little time....

May your arrow fly forever true

Proud MORMON

A Ruewen Sister

#Rainber /322681

Sophitz

Thumbnail avatar 24a1976686

whitewolf9078

Heh, it’s back! 

((If you do reboot the Roleplay, could I use Rezi again?))

• Posted at:

kodah

Ultimate Hopeless Romantic

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

Did you fall in love with me?Am I just to die in writhing agony for?

So, Why'd you summon me anyway? Were you finally gonna confess your love?

puppybutterfly126

XD just so you know so far Kat and Trina are hot on Rezi's tail as the traitor so...

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

puppybutterfly126

Also, Trina is based off of me

She will get prideful and arrogant at times

Although if I was a book character I would come off as a Mary Sue, probably, minus the "Boys swooning at my feet" part

It seems to me that when a character is Christian they come off as Mary Sues

That seems to be Hachirou RN

XD remember the mini love triangle between Rezi, Hachirou, and Kura?

Although Rezi doesn't have any feelings for Hachirou that's how Kura sees it

Probably not a good idea to leave Rezi and Kura together heh

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

puppybutterfly126

Outline:

The Fireflower
Ch 5
Meet the Elder & the Fireclaws
First Trial
K spars w/ Elder, K only one weapon and Elder testing her fire resistance?
Ch 6
Second Trial
Tests both wits and power
K & T tackle it together?
Ch 7
Third Trial
K only
Tests endurance, wits, & power
Ch 8
Fourth Trial
Puzzle
K & T
Ch 9
Final Trial
Everything
K ONLY
Ch 10
Find the Fireflower and retrieve it
Ch 11
Exiting the mountain
Lena again
Ch 12
H, Ku, & R missing
Spy suspected
Lena goes with K & T to save them
Ch 13
Plan A
Material gathering
Ch 14
Carrying out of Plan A
Plan A fails and T is injured, but they all make it out
Trina acknowledges her mistakes ~ Pride, underestimating the opponent
Ch 15
Plan B
Material gathering
Ch 16
Carrying out of Plan B
Saves their friends
Ch 17
Destroys the prison
T taken to a doctor and healed.
R suspicious (Again) (Yes he’s the spy, everyone reading it will have figured it out but the main characters won’t, they dismiss it)

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

puppybutterfly126

Currently editing C1 to bring T off the edge of Mary Suedom

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

puppybutterfly126

Chapter 1- Awakening

January 1, 2018

I lay on my stomach on my bed, murmuring incoherently to myself as I read a book. I was about one fourth of the way through. I was about to turn the page, but something caught my eye. I peeked over the edge of my book. On the center of my large red rug sat a small golden box that hadn’t been there when I sat down.

I stood up and looked at the box. “That’s odd. How could someone have gotten in to put this here?” I wondered.

No one else was home, for they were all out somewhere else. My mom and dad were seeing the newest Marvel movie, the one that had just come out, and my brother was with one of his friends at their house.

I walked to the box. Tied to the delicate gold ribbon that held it closed was a slip of paper with neat, spidery handwriting on it. What really got my attention, though

was the fact that all it said was “Here, have a gift. It might just change your life. -C.P.” I didn’t know anyone with the initials C.P. Who would bother to give this to me? And what did they mean by change my life?

Well, it’s here. It doesn’t identify how it will change my life, and for all I know it could be bad. God, what do I do? I felt pulse, and I felt like I was being asked to open it. And hey, if it was bad, storms in life have a habit of making you stronger, so...

I took the box and shook it. It seemed harmless. Anyways, who was I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

I went to the kitchen with the gift. I got out my mother’s scissors and cut the elegant ribbon tying it shut. I pulled it off eagerly, then slowly lifted the lid off the box.

I screamed.  Something was pouring out of the box. My vision went black, so I couldn’t tell what it was. My head burned. Whatever that stuff was seemed to give me an instant migraine. I thought I felt my mind connect with that of four others, but it was probably my imagination. After a second, though it seemed like an eternity, I was knocked unconscious, and I gratefully collapsed into the comforting darkness.

My name is Trina Bouilard, and this is my story.

✵~❀~✵

January 1, 1,002,018

I woke up. Where was I? I was awake, but I was in complete darkness. How had I gotten here? The box, that’s right. My book lay next to me, forgotten.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I called into the darkness. It echoed, but no one answered.

“Hello?,” I whispered, again to no response. But only at first. A whistling sound filled the cave. Wind?

“Hello, Trina.” A voice said several seconds later. I started. Where did the voice come from? How did it know my name?  The voice laughed. “Yes, little one, I might seem creepy, but  I assure you I mean you no harm. I have come to help. As a token of my goodwill....”

A small box dropped in front of me. I could hardly see it. I shied away from it, remembering what happened the first time I had opened a box recently. “Oh, yes. I forgot you came here by that box on your floor.  My enemy managed to get that to you before I could stop her. It transported you 1,000,000 years into the future. This one, however, is to help you, I assure you.”

“1,000,000 YEARS!?!?!?!?!,” I yelled, shocked. How was that possible? My heart started to pound. Blood boiled in my veins. I felt… angry at this voice. She could have prevented this but didn’t?

“Trina.” the voice said sharply. “Stop it. I tried to prevent it, but Cassandra is… wily, to say the least.”

“You reading my mind doesn’t help.” I said hotly. “I want to get home. Now.”

“Unfortunately, you can’t leave. Now that you’re here, only you can save us. You will also find two boys and two girls like you who will want to join you after you explain everything to them. Three you can trust, the other one you can’t. Unfortunately, that’s all I know about them. I don’t know who they are or the one who isn’t trustworthy. I brought them all to different parts of this world. Beware, this future world is very different and you could get lost. I must go. Another has arrived. ”

“Wait! Don’t go! I need…” I cried, still angry, but there was only silence. Suddenly, I heard a small whine next to me. The room lit up at that whine, taking me by surprise and momentarily blinding me.

A small gray husky puppy - at least that’s what I thought it was - stood next to me. It nuzzled me and licked my hand. It had come out of the box, I deduced. There was a scroll next to it as well. I picked up the puppy and took the scroll. I opened it, rolling it out to almost flat on the floor. I knelt somewhat awkwardly, and used two rocks as paperweights to hold it open.

In a neat hand, these words were written: Greetings, Trina. This scroll contains what I was not able to tell you before I left. C.P. is coming after you and wants to kill you so she can rule all of time. You were to be killed by lightning strike as soon as you arrived, but I have a spy in her factory who messed with the coordinates the box was supposed to send you to. Instead, it sent you to this cave. This husky will help you find the others. Her name is Shaylyn. Treat her as though she were your sister. When you are all together, I will come.

~The Voice of the Wind

I stared down at the writing. Well, better get out of here, I thought. I can’t get back home unless I finish the job, it seems. Still didn’t help my mood, though.

I picked up Shaylyn, and stuffed my book under my shoulder. “Can you get me out of here, Shaylyn?,” I asked the puppy, remembering that I wouldn’t call a sister “girl.” The husky yipped and trotted over to one side of the space. Light leaked through cracks in that part, identifying it as a weak section. I punched the wall above where Shaylyn was sniffing and it collapsed. Sunlight filled my eyes. I picked up the husky.

“We’re free, Shaylyn!” I said, smiling tiredly.

✵~❀~✵

I started down along the nearby road, Shaylyn sniffing in front of me. I let the husky lead me. I wondered about who I was going to find first. Suddenly, I realized something. I wasn’t wearing the clothes I’d been wearing when I opened the box on my floor. Instead, I was wearing a yellow dress with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it. The yellow got darker with every lightning bolt. I felt my ears. My golden crosses had little golden lightning bolts dangling from them.

“Huh,” I said. I touched my neck. My cross was still there, but it had two golden lightning charms on the side. I shrugged. It was still ok. It wasn’t like it was worshiping Zeus or anything, and God is the commander of lightning. (And everything else…) I continued following Shaylyn.

About ten minutes later, I came upon a man riding an… interesting horse. It looked mostly normal, but it had scales instead of fur. The scales were obviously the same color it would have been had it had fur, but it was still unusual.

“Can you tell me what’s down this road, sir?”

“Sure, sweetheart. That leads to Juraimian Village, a small tech-savvy farming town.” I nodded a thanks and headed after Shaylyn again, finally calming down after earlier.

Later, I realized that I was hungry. The box suddenly felt heavy in my pocket. I took it out. In it there was food and, to my surprise, sleeping clothes. I ate the food and went on, Shaylyn in the lead.

We stopped at about three (at a guess) to eat a bit more. I had been eating some crackers when I was taken, and to my surprise found them tucked in the box. I ate some, and gave Shaylyn some time to maybe hunt and catch some prey for herself.

At dusk, I picked Shaylyn up and went into the shrubs on the side of the road. I took off the dress and put on the pajamas. A sleeping bag had appeared in the box. How the Hersheys is everything getting into this box? And how does it FIT?  I wondered. Well, it doesn’t matter. At least I have something to sleep in. I took it out and rolled it open on the ground. I snuggled into it and fell into a deep sleep. And yet again I had the Dream.

✵~❀~✵

Nine hours later, I woke up. I nudged Shaylyn with my foot and the little puppy woke up. She perked up immediately and was up and on the go. She ran circles around me as I got back into my new clothes.

As soon as I was ready to get back on the road, Shaylyn ran in front of me and went on. I had to jog to keep up with the energetic little puppy. The dust cloud that we kicked up was legendary.

Unfortunately for us, that made it easy for a spy to sneak up behind us. He was C.P.’s top spy and wasn’t going to let his boss down. He was the best at everything a spy needed to be good at. Unfortunately for him, my hearing was even more impressive than the dust cloud I was making.

I heard footsteps behind me and whirled around. There, standing in the settling dust, was a man dressed in all black. He pointed some sort of gun thing at me. It looked like a gun, but was smaller, and the trigger was on top instead of on the bottom. Before I knew what was in the gun, and before I knew what I was doing, I was running at the man. I felt as if there was lightning in my veins, empowering me. Allowing me to do what I had never done before.

He shouted in surprise at the courage that I was showing. He recovered himself and let out multiple shots from his gun. Bullets screamed towards me. I somehow dodged them with ease, even though dodging bullets was supposed to be physically impossible. He tired soon, and started to slump to the ground.

How am I doing this?  I thought to myself as I elbowed the man in the gut as he fell, causing him to drop the gun. I grabbed the barrel and knocked him unconscious with his gun before he could reveal any hidden weapons. I stopped short. The lightning I had felt in my veins drained away as I stood there.

Well, I don’t know WHAT that was, but better check him for weapons. I checked everywhere I could think of that a weapon could be concealed. I found two more guns and a knife. I put them in the pack that had just appeared in the box. It, like the rest of my outfit, was buttercup yellow with golden lightning bolts embroidered on it.

“I hate this.” I muttered as I packed away his weapons. “One day in and I’m already getting attacked by guys in black. I feel like I’m in a movie.” Shaylyn whined and nudged me, seemingly sternly. I couldn’t be mad at that. I smiled at her and kept working.

I pulled out a rope and tied him to a tree. I gagged him with some linen I found on the ground, because I wasn’t going to hurt him any more than I had to, but it was better to be on the safe side.

“Let’s take a path OFF the road so we don’t run into anyone else who wants to kill us, Shaylyn,” I told the puppy. The husky obediently went off the road, with me not far behind.

We took a path through trees, weaving, dipping, and ducking. I wasn’t about to take my chances with the road after what had just happened. I did not want to have to beat up some random guy again. Or tie him to a tree. I still wondered if I was being followed, however.

I jumped. There had been a crash in the woods behind me. I heard someone swearing about trees and their job and smart girls that were hard to track.

As silently as I could, I nudged Shaylyn.

The husky got the note and started running as quickly and quietly as she could. I followed. We were still kind of loud, and the person heard us running. They sprinted after Shaylyn and me.

I got that lightning feeling again. I picked up Shaylyn and left our pursuer behind. The person dropped to the ground and started snoring, devoid of any energy. I ran and ran, not getting tired. I ran back onto the road and kept sprinting, not caring that I kicked up even more dust than before. All I knew was that I needed to get to the village, needed to hide, needed to find the others.

Several people stopped in amazement as I ran past them. One yelled,”Hey, missy, where you going in such a hurry? Only thing this way in the next hundred miles is Juraimian Village!”

“That’s where I’m going,” I called back, getting a bit annoyed. I kept running. A horse galloped next to me. It wasn’t one of the scaly ones, but one of the ones I was used to. It had a bow on it, and a note on the bow. All it said was V.o.t.W, but I got the message. Not skipping a beat, I jumped and landed perfectly on the horse.

The horse immediately went into a gallop, going even faster than I had. I sat in the saddle, feeling the burst of energy I’d had drain away. Shaylyn was surprisingly keeping up with the horse.

The road was now giving me a rural feel, for the brush on the side of the road was overgrown and dense. It soon got so bad that the horse could not navigate correctly. I was forced to get off the horse. I pulled a leaf cutter out of the magic box and started cutting the shrubs. I was going to keep the horse, because who knew when it would come in handy?

Only God, I thought as I led the horse and cut the shrubs in their way. Shaylyn had leaped onto the horse and was napping on the saddle. I’m going to need to  name the horse, I thought. What was a good horse name? It looked like the white horse from Breath of the Wild, so I named it Zelda, what I had named the in-game horse.

“Hey, Zelda,” I said to the horse. The horse nickered and stamped its hoof. I took that as the horse seal of approval. I continued cutting.

I soon came to a clearing. The horse dipped her head and started eating the green grass that grew there. I realized it was again almost dark. I got into my pajamas and rolled out my sleeping bag. I strung a string around the clearing and put alarms at foot intervals so if someone came in my sleep, I’d hear the alarms go off.

I got into my sleeping bag, but I couldn’t fall asleep. Neither of my companions could, either. They were all so restless. Something was wrong.

A low growl came from the woods. Brush rustled. The wind started howling. I stood up and quickly put on my clothes. A growl came from the other direction. I pulled a sword out of the box. I’d had training with a sword back in my time, so I knew how to use one.

Growls came from all sides. Five bears walked toward the clearing. But they were… wrong somehow. They were drooling way too much, and their eyes were red. I noticed that part of their head had been replaced with mechanical parts

“Cybears?” I said nervously. “Good Cybears. Nice Cybears.” Apparently, they didn’t like that.

As the first one set foot in the clearing, I ran to Shaylyn, picked her up, and jumped onto Zelda. As soon as I was settled, Zelda took off at a gallop. I clung to Zelda’s mane as the horse traversed the road, leaving the bears behind. But the bears still ran after us.

Zelda took a sharp turn and ran into a copse of trees. The bears ran down the road, intent on pursuit but not noticing those they were running after weren’t in front of them. We waited for a minute or two, to make sure they didn’t loop back, and then continued on our way.

As soon as I got back on Zelda, Zelda started to trot. We didn’t gallop because it might attract more crazy animals, but we still made good time. Shaylyn took turns running beside them or resting behind me.

We kept going until daybreak. I settled in a tree to keep bears from getting me. I took Shaylyn with me. Zelda was left untethered so she could run if anything came. I picked a wide tree branch and laid out my sleeping bag. I went to sleep once my head hit the pillow.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes. I’d had the Dream again. My eyes were watering, so I blinked rapidly to restore my vision. The horse was still standing, and Shaylyn was still on the branch, so I took that as a good sign. I gently removed Shaylyn and climbed down. I reached up and took the still-sleeping puppy off the branch and got on Zelda. The horse started, started walking, and with time, worked up to a canter.

✵~❀~✵

An hour later, I stroked Shaylyn with one hand, holding onto the horse’s mane with another. Shaylyn was still asleep somehow. Zelda steadily cantered down the road, kicking up a miniscule amount of dust.

I heard people moving. I looked up into the trees. Above me, black-clad men ran on the tree branches thick enough to support their weight. I took the guns that I had taken from my first assailant out of my pack.

Don’t kill, wound or scare, I told myself. I aimed and fired. The shot hit a tree branch and the man on it fell. He hit his head on the road and was knocked unconscious. I fired again and the remaining men fell, as they had been on the same branch. They fell heavily and blacked out near their co-worker.

We rode on. The dust was still the same, but they seemed to be unwatched. The silence was disturbing. There were no bees buzzing or birds chirping. I started to get scared. Where are all the animals?

A gunshot sounded. A bird had been silently flying above me, but it fell to the ground dead. The blue coloring of the bird was shockingly bright They’re being hunted! This is a hunting ground! We need to get out of here. Thankfully, Zelda hadn’t spooked when the gunshot sounded. I urged her into a gallop. We needed to get out, and soon, or we might end up a trophy on someone’s wall.

We galloped down the road. Shaylyn had woken up in all the commotion and was now running beside the horse. The brush started to clear out. Just then, a bullet rushed past them. They were being hunted.

Zelda ran as fast as she could. Bullets screamed by, but miraculously none hit us. We kept going. The shrubbery got thinner and thinner. Soon, the brush cleared completely. A village came into our sight, large behind its blue wall. We headed down the road to the village, before coming to a complete stop in front of it.

Better?

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

puppybutterfly126

Mongoose