Dear Greencloaks!

Well, the day has finally arrived, the official release of the Spirit Animals series!

Before diving into some of the new game features we've added I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in the Spirit Animals Game Beta. It was incredibly fun to see you all playing and enjoying the game! More importantly, the feedback and suggestions you guys have made on ways we can improve have been EXTREMELY helpful. I can say that many of the ideas you have suggested are in the works and will be out with future updates! So on behalf of the entire Spirit Animals team here at Scholastic: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

-----------

Ok, now onto the release notes! There have been a ton of changes since the last Beta update so I will stick to the major ones:

NEW FEATURES

- Added the Komodo Dragon Spirit Animal -
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the newest spirit animal to the group! We have added in the Komodo Dragon spirit animal and I have to say, I think its my new favorite! All players who have added at least one Spirit Animals book to their account will now get access to two super sweet awesome Spirit Animals, the Komodo Dragon and the Penguin! Enjoy!

- Level Cap Increased to 30 -
We have increased the level cap from 20 to 30. In two weeks time (September 23rd) we will be increasing the level cap again to the maximum level (level 40). If you hit the level 30 cap before 9/23 keep going on quests and getting new gear . . . because the boss fights from level 30 - 40 are tough, really tough!

- Mystery Box -
A personal favorite of mine! Got tons of extra gold? Wish you could turn that gold into super awesome sweet weapons and armor? Well try your luck at the mystery box in Mustela's shop. This item costs gold and gives you a chance of getting awesome gear!

- More Quests! -
You wanted more quests and you got it! We've added in approximately 25 new quests and more are on the way!

- New Boss Fights -
Two new boss fights for you! I wont spoil what they are but make sure you are prepared when you get to the Level 25 and 30 Heroic Quests.

- Collect Coins from Furniture -
Here is a brand new feature we thought you guys might enjoy. Updates to it are still in the works but here's how it works. When you place a piece of furniture in your room a timer starts. While this timer is going the furniture is generating gold coins. After a while, your furniture will begin to glow and the coins generated by the piece of furniture will be ready to be collected. To claim your prize, go into your room and enter the furniture menu. From here, click on the furniture that is glowing to receive your gold coin rewards! It usually takes a couple quests before your furniture is ready to give you coins so be patient if you're not seeing it right away.

- New Indicators on Weapons and Armor -
This was one of your suggestions and it was a good one! We've added new icons to show you which weapons and armor are better than the ones you currently have equipped. It is still important to check the stats but this will help make it more clear what you should buy. Green up arrow indicates this item is better than the one you have equipped. Red down arrow indicates this item is worse than the one you have equipped. Yellow equal sign means it is equal to the one you have equipped.

- Voice Over for Heroic Quests -
We've added voice over for all heroic quests!

ISSUES RESOLVED

- Saving Issues Resolved -
The biggest technical issue we've seen has been the one regarding character data not saving properly to our servers. We've done a lot of work over the past 2 weeks and believe we've resolved the issue! I'll spare you the details but hopefully all the issues you guys have been having with saving is now resolved!

- Toy Items Issue Resolved -
There was an issue where purchasing new toy balls for your spirit animal did nothing. We've fixed that so when you buy an upgraded ball for your animal you will now see it replace the current one you have in your room.

- Faulty Bond Meter -
We fixed the issue where your bond meter would drop to zero randomly.

-------

There are so many new features that we are planning to add in the coming months so stay tuned. Thank you again for all your help in making this game great, we couldn't have done this without you guys!

Keith F

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

aqualion130

Your welcome mods/admins! And thx for the awesome update. Its one of the best actually

• Posted at:

~Rob~

AquaLion35 aka AquaLion130

I'm random. Deal withit.

#Supportcancer

#Save Lotus

#Ban Volcanofighting 

#Ban Fashionfearless

Hope forDino and Ruby!!!!

Writer in the Making

A day without reading is like a day without breathing

Thumbnail avatar

galaxydragon75

I used the mystery box a 8 times but I got only common items and one rare.

-Fire Dragon

• Posted at:

galaxydragon75 aka WiseAdventure23

So Pro

The name's Dragon. Fire Dragon.

-Please add me to your friend list! :)

Thumbnail avatar

galaxydragon75

I used a mystery box 6 or seven times and only got one rare.

-Fire Dragon

• Posted at:

galaxydragon75 aka WiseAdventure23

So Pro

The name's Dragon. Fire Dragon.

-Please add me to your friend list! :)

Thumbnail avatar f16246d35f

catchingscarlet10

Thank you so much, admins! We love the Spirit Animals game (and yes, there are no more problems!)! However, we think we'll keep our tiger. Tigers are cool.

By the way, do you have any advice on what to do with my brother who hates playing as a girl? Because we're not going to make another account for him; that's for sure.

Thanks again!

• Posted at:

Vanessa Cahill

#JazelForever

#JelanieIsAwesome

#Sabiel? #Sariel? Which is better?!

I live to know Him – the Great I AM – more!

Vanessa

STOP BULLYING. BE A FRIEND.

Join Faithseekers Clan!

@catchingscarlet10

Hi! Each Spirit Animals Book you add to your account unlocks an additional Hero slot. You could have your character and your brother could make his own on the same account.

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar 4818c49260

lateconstellation1

When I try to enter Erdas this erorr scren apers saying that there was an erorr downloding files all the time with the new version.

• Posted at:

LateConstellation1 / Keyton,Kira,Torrin

StarGater

WHOVIAN

MADRIGAL (Madrigal Back-Up Codebreaker + security guard)

EKATERINA

GREENCLOACK

HYSTORIAN

"When the beast inside us has it's way, the time around us has it's day"-(something I made up.)

@LateConstellation1

Can you try playing the game on a different web browser or clearing the web history of the browser you are currently using? I think this may resolve the issue.

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

aquawolf504

Yay! Can't wait to get the book! Sadly Walmart didn't have it when I tried to get it.

• Posted at:

Hannah Cahill

Job description: Cahill, Writer, Pure Awesomesauce

Thumbnail avatar

icewolf102

Thank so much for the level glitch My brother in rl will be so happy!

• Posted at:

Icewolf102

Status-Eating Nutella 

Thumbnail avatar

dragonheart226

Great to see the game go out of beta and into official release!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

orangebeak40

I have a question that's been on my mind for a while.  As the books get released, and players create more Heroes on their respective accounts, how would one go about changing their primary Hero?  Meaning, as of this point it appears that the first Hero you create is the one that shows up on messageboard avatars and friend notifications.  Will/Can this change?

• Posted at:

I am known around the 'Net as Guardian.  The Doomaura Family currently consists of Galee, Gianna, and Greencloak Liason Riala.

@OrangeBeak40

Good Question! This feature is currently available. On your character portrait in the top right corner is a star icon. Use the green arrows below your characters portrait to cycle through your characters and then click the star icon on the one you want to make your primary hero. Here is an image:

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

magicisis2

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!!

• Posted at:

I AM...

First and foremost a child of the One True King!

A proud homeschooler!

An actress!

A girl named Julia!

A daughter of Athena!

A Madrigal!

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its abilty to climb a tree than it will live its whole life beliving that it is stupid. -Albert Einstien

love the new komodo dragon! It's my favourite lizard.

• Posted at:

Elizabeth here!!!!!!!! I love Spirit animals, warriors, and animals! Oh, and I also love message boards. ;) 10 years old and  5th grade! Epicly Awsome!

Thumbnail avatar

orangebeak40

*investigates Keith's claim* Ahh, there!  Fantastic!  Many thanks, Keith! :)

• Posted at:

I am known around the 'Net as Guardian.  The Doomaura Family currently consists of Galee, Gianna, and Greencloak Liason Riala.

Thumbnail avatar

vulcanawesome4

bookmark

• Posted at:

50% Lucian

12.2% Janus

12.2% Tomas

12.2% Ekaterina

12.2% Madrigal

Harry Potter

Warriors

Seekers

Survivors

Skulduggery Pleasant

Trekkie

Artemis Fowl

Septimus Heap

Wings of Fire

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Percy Jackson

Peter and the Starcatchers

Spiderwick

AWESOME STUFF!

Thumbnail avatar

orangebeak40

I'd like some clarification on what, exactly, the Mystery Box does.

The first one I opened turned out to be Forged Iron Shoes, a Common Item.  When I went to the Armory to view its stats against what I curerenlty had equipped, it did not show up in my Inventory.  And, either I already had some Forged Iron Shoes equipped or, since they were better than what I had equipped previously, they were automatically equipped . . . The latter wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, though, because if I'd had something else equipped previously, it was not showing up in my Inventory, either.  My apologies, I cannot recall if I'd had something different equppied before I purchased this first Mystery Box.

I opened a second one, to try and puzzle out how they work, and I received another Forged Iron Shoes.  I clicked the Sell button, and this second pair of Forged Iron Shoes appeared sellable.  I went to the Armory to view this second pair, but this Item also did not appear in my Inventory.  It also did not appear in my list of sellable Items when I returned to Mustela.

I just tried the Mystery Box a third time, to see if I could figure out what was going on, but I've now received a Rare Item, the Superior Dagger of the Swan.  Now, this Item does in fact appear in my Inventory when I view the Armory.

And I decided to give the Mystery Box a fourth shot, seeing if I could recreate the issue I first stumbled upon.  But, now I've received a Balanced Axe, and it is also now showing up in my Inventory.

Okay, tried it a fifth time.  This time I received Mailed Iron Pants, and this Item is not showing up in my Inventory.

Sixth time gives me Petrified Oak Leggaurds, which appear in my Inventory.

Seventh time gives me Layered Oak Gloves, which appear in my Inventory.

I'm beginning to detect a pattern.  If I already have the Item equipped, it will not show in my Inventory.  But, why would those Items not appear, and Items that I do not own/have equipped do appear?

• Posted at:

@OrangeBeak40

Hi there! Well i can say with certainty that the Mystery Box purchases are not automatically equipped and should be appearing in your inventory regardless of if you have an identical item already there or not. Let me look into this a bit more but thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

blackfighting104

Ok cool. I still like my tiger anyways 

• Posted at:

Black

50% Lucian

25% Ekat

25% Madrigal

Has a brother that is Janus

IS EPIC

This is Rai good luck on the game. Stay warm, summer's almost over :)

Thumbnail avatar 1c4aca041b

analyzingwizard7

Hey Admin Keith, wasn't your name Lando Thundergut? And now it's Hugo Thundergut?  Also this character is on level 24, same as Lando? And your Komodo dragon is also named Ogthor? Is that how character#2 works?

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

@AnalyzingWizard7

The Thundergut clan has many members hehe. I have 2 heroes right now that I play, Hugo is my second one. If you add a spirit animals book to your account you will be given an additional hero slot!

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

orangebeak40

Certainly, glad to help.  I'm happy to perform more tests, as well, if you'd like, as I have more time on my hands, and therefore probably a bit more Gold/Coins and Tokens to play around with. ;)

Also, would it help if I offered an e-mail address for quicker communication?  I understand players aren't permitted to post such things, but I figured I'd offer all the same.

• Posted at:

@OrangeBeak40

Thanks! I think you may have been right about the mystery box issue. We had a bug a while back that was similar and we may have not adjusted for it when the mystery box was added.

Email addresses are not permitted to be exchanged unfortunately but if you come across anything else just create a topic and let me know!

Thanks again!

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

orangebeak40

Understood.  I'll be sure to do that. :)

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 5af8f3369c

unlockingzombie1

Me too, when i try the load up the game or go into running training, the scren stops loading and it said "Error can't download". maybe you guys should fix that problem.

• Posted at:

@UnlockingZombie1

Can you try clearing your web history / cache and try again?

If that doesnt resolve the issue can you try playing on a different web browser than the one you are currently using?

Thanks!

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

frostbear22

Has the Unity Web Player issue been fixed? -I did not get the chance to try it out today-

• Posted at:

@FrostBear22

Not sure what the exact issue you were having was but give it a try. if you are still having issues can you create a new topic and @mention me in it?

Thanks!

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar 4818c49260

lateconstellation1

I can't load anything past "Greenhaven" on the game without an erorr screen.

• Posted at:

LateConstellation1 / Keyton,Kira,Torrin

StarGater

WHOVIAN

MADRIGAL (Madrigal Back-Up Codebreaker + security guard)

EKATERINA

GREENCLOACK

HYSTORIAN

"When the beast inside us has it's way, the time around us has it's day"-(something I made up.)

@LateConstellation1

Can you try clearing your web history/cache or try using a different web browser to play the game?

If you do these things and are still having issues, create a new topic and @mention me in it and we'll try to work out the problem.

Keith F

• Posted at:

ADMIN KEITH F

Thumbnail avatar

artemiself68

These updates are fantastic (especially the clothing item one!)! :D Thank you so much!

• Posted at:

~Lyria and Artemis~

Thumbnail avatar

platinumlion15

That sounds Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your welcome for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sincerly; Stalker.

• Posted at:

platinumlion15 aka DragonGreen176

Christ

Ares

Emberflame 

Erin Hunter 

Fire bender

Animals!

Tomas

I am the Platinum lion!

Dori Jesus Bookworm History and science!-Animals! Worlds)(Collide Tomas

Thumbnail avatar

eatingapple27

this game is awsome

• Posted at:

i love bulls

• Posted at:

Thank you for letting me sign up. I really like the books. I am on the first one and I am hooked to it so much.

• Posted at:

That is kind of cool to me to I like it!

• Posted at:

im aeowyn,i love animals

• Posted at:

I LOVE ANIMALS

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar a78a44d3ec

dogcat2754

Dear green clocks,

How do we put armor on pets? Please tell me! Any way good game! I love it, LIKE LOVE IT!

• Posted at:

wolfy

1 , , 3 , 4 , 5