Today Google released an update that disabled the Unity3D plugin that runs the Spirit Animals, TombQuest, and many other games on Scholastic.com. We are working to figure out a longer term solution to this issue, but in the meantime the solution below should get it running.
You can also simply use another browser. Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer all continue to work well with the Unity Plugin. So you can just use one of those browsers if you have it on your computer.
HOW TO GET GAMES WORKING ON THE LATEST VERSION OF CHROME
1. Go to the game page.
2. If you see the screen below telling you that you need to Install Unity but you have already done that, then you need to enable the plugin in Chrome.
3. Open a new tab, and copy-paste this into the address bar: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the Address Bar.
4. Under the heading "Enable NPAPI", click on Enable.
5. At the bottom of the window, a message will appear telling you to Relaunch Chrome for the changes to take effect. Click on Relaunch Chrome. You can also quit and re-open chrome yourself.
6. Load up Spirit Animals again. If you see a Grey Window with a picture of a puzzle piece, right click in the window and select "Run this plug-in"
7. Spirit Animals, TombQuest, and other games will then start to load up like normal.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
Admin Gavin B
Author of Josh Baxter Levels Up.
- "Smartly paced and emotionally engaging, a book even those who have never held a controller will enjoy." - Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Sample and game at scholastic.com/joshbaxter