Small img 1111 72d846afc9

Admin Lisa Q. : admin

Welcome to the first day of Fan Appreciation Week 2016! That's right -- the mods here at Scholastic HQ are so grateful for your excitement, enthusiasm, and energy that we're dedicating an entire week to YOU, the fans!

I'm sure you all are wondering what's on the docket for Day 1. Well, we know that in addition to being big fans of reading, some of you are also big fans of writing! So, our Day 1 gift to you all is...STORY STARTERS!

And in more good news: for those who belong in multiple fandoms, we have story starters for 39 Clues, Wings of Fire, and MORE! Check out the links below to see more story starters.

So, pick a prompt and start writing! Share your stories in the thread below and spread the fandom love. I've read the fanfiction, y'all; there's a lot of talent here on the message boards.

#1: Zerif’s forces approached from the forest. Their minds were no longer their own—their once-proud eyes now empty of all emotion. Only one person stood between them the small farming village: a single figure in a billowing green cloak.  The Keeper would protect these people, even if it meant facing off against the Greencloaks.

#2: Meilin, Conor, and Takoda had no idea what the light could mean. It was cool and blue, and it rippled across the walls of the cavern. Pressing a finger to her lips, Meilin slowly rounded the corner. But what she saw on the other side made her gasp aloud.

Keep writing! Check out more story starters:

Wings of Fire | The 39 Clues | TombQuest

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

Random question, have you read mine?

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife

We spent weeks cleaning the fun from the trees. - Karen

Thumbnail avatar 4cd1dd4a6d

fairyjade254

First post!

• Posted at:

Yay!!!1!1

Thumbnail avatar d092541073

elfazure47

Bookmark! Will try to write later.

• Posted at:

Istalri M. Sapphire-Elementorial-Christian

Grimsborown

Hebrews 11:6

#TomboyClub

Queen of Biblophiles, Sad Songs and Fire

Other Summoner of Mulop

Can you be broken so many times you forget how to piece yourself together?

Princess Mononoke

/256065

Thumbnail avatar 330901ab77

lionpaw260

Wait? Do I right it on this post or makeup my own......

• Posted at:

Dont forget me(mes)

Small img 1111 72d846afc9

Admin Lisa Q. : admin

For those who are a little confused, please feel free to share your fic right here in this thread so your fellow Greencloaks can read and appreciate your writing! Can't wait to read what you all come up with! :)

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 16e60cbe8a

footfoot140

I'm the Keeper. I'm the one who's supposed to be the hero. I don't feel like one. I know I have absolutely no chance. But Constant ruffled her feathers and cooed soothingly. She's a Pigeon, my Spirit Animal. This time, though, I knew that she couldn't comfort me. I watched as the numbers of possessed greencloaks doubled, then tripled, and I just stood there. More just kept coming out of the forest, with every spirit animal imaginable beside them. None of the villagers would leave their homes, and it broke my heart that they believed in me. They trusted that I would keep every one of them safe. But I knew the truth. I couldn't. Shutting my eyes, I touched Constant's feathers gently, stroked them lovingly.

"Let's go,"  I whispered.  Some of the farmers had gathered behind me, wielding pitchforks, shovels, and some even had tiny daggers.  I had nothing but my own dagger, which I hated to use. It meant you had to be close to your enemy to kill them, and that you would see the life leave their eyes, along with their terror. But I had lost my sword in the battle that I lost my best friend.

Gritting my teeth, gripping my dagger, I shouted at the top of my lungs, and charged down the hill. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. I struck, I wounded, I kicked. A meerkat lunged from his bonded's shoulder, screeching, and scratched my face. A sparrow dove from above and pulled my hair until Constant swooped and dug her claws into it's feathers. A demented greencloak's sword cut into my leg. That was when I stumbled. Tears streamed down my cheeks as dirt and dust covered my face. I spun and dug my dagger into whatever was there–my eyes were shut so I wouldn't see what I was doing. But then something happened–something inky black and slimy and wormlike slid out from under the skin of the greencloak I had struck. It wiggled onto my dagger and squirmed up the blade. Immidieatley I pulled my hand away from the dagger. Scooting as far away as I could I would have stood. But the python that wrapped around me and squeezed until I was choking had other plans. It held me and the slightest movement caused it to squeeze tighter, so I had to be still and watch as the despicable grosqute little worm found me and crawled up my skin. It found my fresh wound and I felt a horrible iciness and then nothing.

Only the great beasts can help us now.

• Posted at:

A signature should be as unique as the person who creates and wields it.

Thumbnail avatar 330901ab77

lionpaw260

Meilin screamed and said. "TAKODA  CONOR RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  it was a huge angler fish, like creature! No way could meilin fight it. Then another one appeared and another. They were surrounded. Xanthe would know what to do. Meilin thought. Kovo was swinging and punching, but these fishes were way bigger then him. "XANTHE! Oh man where is she!" But then once Meilin thought hope was lost Xanthe appeard infront of them.

• Posted at:

Dont forget me(mes)

Thumbnail avatar 0fe18d8ef2

quietdragon95

1 A shot was fired. Nobody knew who fired it: everyone assumed it was from the other side. That was just the beginning of Spirit War 1. 

• Posted at:

I am Patri Rainbowhunter.

I am from Concorba, Amaya.

My spirit animal is a Kemode Bear.

I live to fight for the Greencloaks.

i'm sam

• Posted at:

hi people

1 post in forever!!!!!!!!! because i have been playing games and chat with other people that i don't know and they don't tell me their names either so the people who are posting stuff please say your name so that i can friend you. My name is Caitlin ANN MARIE CRAWFORD. if  you have a nickname for me i don't really care what nick name.

• Posted at:

hi people

Thumbnail avatar d9958a8b43

lionpanther130

"Stay strong, Keeper." I hear Olvan say. I will. I answer back. I see ahead of me 1 of my biggest fears, I see the biggest army of animals, humans, and Greencloaks all with the same sickly spiral on their foreheads. My faithful tiger, Scarlet, was at my side. The sight of her brought strength and courage to me despite our weakened bond. I turn my attention back to the coming army. As they get closer I see 2 familiar figures. At the head of the army followed by the possessed Great Beasts on his left  was... my own father, Zerif. The man on his right surprised me even more, I saw the very man I looked up to for guidance, Olvan. No! This can't be! my head screamed. At my side I saw out of the corner of my eye I saw Scarlet have a momentary moment of shock then came back to her sences. "We can do this, Scarlet. What would be a couple hundred more opponents mean?" I say trying to sound convincing. I looked back at my father with the same ferocity that glazed over his eyes. He stopped for moment of shock and recovered as fast as it came. Then he pointed his sword at me and the Great Lost Beasts came charging at me. I took my bow and hit Tellun who was in the lead in the chest. What came next was amazing to me. Tellun's spiral dissolved, then Tellun came to my side. I could see in his eyes the approval and gratitude. I knocked another arrow and hit Suka. She was unfazed by the thick fur. I shot her again next to the other arrow, Suka's spiral dissolved and she came to my side. The others were to close so I took out my axe for weapon to weapon combat.

I might finish the battle depending on what everyone else thinks about it. I might edit it here and there.

• Posted at:

"Believe you can and you're halfway there!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Animals are humans, too. So respect that!

Wings of Fire Fan

Spirit Animals Fan

Warrior Cats Fan

OCs

Shade Stargazer Shadowheart Jenna Diamondgale Scarlet (my tiger)

1 post in forever!!!!!!!!! because i have been playing games and chat with other people that i don't know and they don't tell me their names either so the people who are posting stuff please say your name so that i can friend you. My name is Caitlin ANN MARIE CRAWFORD. if  you have a nickname for me i don't really care what nick name.

• Posted at:

hi people

Thumbnail avatar a273099c7a

authorapollo6

it's time

Sometimes she felt invisible, unable to be seen just like her spirit animal. Ironic, wasn't it, how the girl who had retrieved half of their talismans was usually forgotten, hidden in the shadow of those more powerful. No one even seemed to know her name, and if they once had, they had lost it amongst more important things. They called her the Keeper, but they never called her Sofi. They had never asked her opinion on any of it. You have to help us. You have to save them. You have to be our Keeper. But maybe she was never theirs to begin with.

Help 'us,' she thought. That was what they had said. Save 'them.' Those faceless, blank people had been her chains, binding her to her duty as a Greencloak. And now they were gone, taken away by Zerif. It had been something simple that had saved her, something as small as a ten minute delay in returning from the tunnels.

You're the only one left, Worthy had said to her that day. What will you do?

She hadn't had to think at all before responding. I'm going to save them.

And now she stood here, waiting, watching. She didn't know exactly how many people Zerif had infected. But she knew that she wouldn't let him recruit any others to his forces. Green eyes narrowed, gripping a knife in each fist, she watched them move closer and closer. They couldn't see her, Vixx had made sure of that. Her chameleon spirit animal rested on her shoulder, hidden behind the hood of her green cloak. He was watching them too, she was positive about that fact. He was as afraid as she was, but they both knew that it had to be done.

"Are you ready?" the Keeper whispered to her spirit animal, the one who had always been by her side. "Because it's time." She pulled down her hood, letting her red hair spill across her shoulders. And then she strode forwards, knowing very well that there was a chance that she might not return from this. But she didn't care. One death could save the lives of so many others, just like how the Great Beasts had fallen at the Evertree. A sacrifice, but a necessary one.

And as the chameleon's spell wore off, and a girl stood alone in the field between Zerif's forces and the small farming village, she remembered what Olvan had said to her when they had first met, the day that she had summoned Vixx. Who are you? he had asked.

Then, she hadn't been sure how to respond. But now she knew exactly who she was. I am the Keeper, she thought as the two sides rushed towards each other. But above all that, I am Sofi. I am a Greencloak. And I will do anything that I can to save Erdas.

• Posted at:

-Spark

My stories never end.

My dreams never fade.

I'll see my name in lights someday.

My wish will come true, someday in some way.

And maybe one day my ideas will ascend.

The wind blew my hair into my face, as I tried Oh so hard to look intimidating. Spitting out the thick hair, I turned back towards the approaching Greencloaks- No, Zombies- To see Zerif's gloating face.

Probably already thinking about what he should do with me after this.

I scanned the wave of mindless beings for any familiar faces. Not like they're very familiar anymore.

I caught sight of Kashi, A young girl who I had come to care for. She was 12 years old with thin black hair and beautiful sky blue eyes. But now, she was lifeless. Her gray fox spirit animal limped at her side, it's yellow eyes clouded.

I knew I had to fight these people, My family in oder to protect this village. If I see another village get torn to shreds, I swear, I will launch myself at Zerif and kick him where the sun just doesn't shine.

Oh, and Zerif. His gloating expression, his proud posture, his head raised high...

It just made me want to break that jaw even more. I raised my sword higher, Watching the sunlight bounce off it. My spirit animal, Killia, A red wolf, Stood by my side, ready to face this.

Zerif gave the signal to attack and the small army charged.

I closed my eyes and let my body control me. I felt my sword pass through something, then pass through another, then another, and it made me sick. I was hurting my friends and family, my allies. But this had to be done. I would not let Zerif hurt more innocents.

Killia was fighting bravely. I could tell by the yelps and snarls from her direction.

These are no longer my friends. These are monsters.

With that thought in mind, I opened my eyes and saw nothing but machines made by Zerif. Zerif had done this. HE was the real enemy. take out him and-

And what Auria? Maybe they will snap out of this? What if they don't? Zerif has Great Beasts! We cannot beat this enemy. Good things come to those who wait. Gather more allies. Make something to destroy this monster of a man. But now is not the time. Retreat. You may not have your dignity, but at least you get to live. Get everybody out. These will be your allies.

Huh. Never knew I was wise......

Killia was thinking the same thing because instead of continuing to fight, She turned tail and ran towards the small village to make sure everybody was out.

Slash, Stab, Jab, Turn, Duck, Push, RUN!

Killia ran back. She had safetly gotten everybody out. Now, I ran to her. She gave me some speed, and together we ran through the trees, jumping over roots and ducking under branches. We were alive. And now I must build an army to fight what remains, of the Greencloaks.

........ Not my best work...............

• Posted at:

Auria

"We are all Misfits living in a world on fire..

Sing it for The people like us, The people like us.."

Everybody has a story. 

Thumbnail avatar 5b21f41cfc

magentaunicorn115

bookmarking!

• Posted at:

Unia

Well HOI! You may remember me from a long while ago. I'm Unia, and I'm still pretty inactive, but I'd like to try and start posting again.

Teh gang is a WIP.

Thumbnail avatar a5385d58c5

amberbutterfly669

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPOILERSSSSSSSS! WHO'S TAKODA, i HAVEN'T READ BOOK2 IN FALL OF THE BEASTS YET

• Posted at:

-Amberwolf-*Snowlilyy*|Rebellious|

Essanieraen Mystical Traitare

<Catisar>

-Luxis-

Queen of wolf dragons

Rubyn|Silverjack|Aulumi|Echo|Jade|Skrill|Septys|Noire Rouge|Red Dusk|Valley

#Amuke

Thumbnail avatar fd21a98f56

lionpaw254

Conor and Takoda, both surprised by Meilin's sudden gasp, ran to her to see what she had seen.  A ball of black mist, about as big as a grown cat, was floating behind the cool blue fire. "I-Is that something like the swirl that creates the Many?" Conor questioned, fear slowly creeping into his  voice as he remembered his terrifying journey to the ever tree as the spiraling swirl had placed its mark on him before. He backed away and stumbled as Meilin came to comfort her friend, "What ever it is, it shall not harm us. I assure you that." Meilin said as she put a comforting hand on Conor's shoulder. Takoda backed away and grabbed both Conor and Meilin's shoulders nudging them away from the swirling mist. "I have a bad feeling about this place. Let's hurry out and go tell the other green cloaks."

Should I continue this story? Or should YOU?

• Posted at:

Lionpaw254

Queen of awkward situations.

*Flicks hand and makes boy fall in front of his female friend*

Girl: Awkward...

Boy: *Blushes*

Me: Walks out of kitchen with elegant outfit and cookie jar* Awkwardness... I make it happen.

WAIT, MCOOKIES!! ~Lizzie

Thumbnail avatar ba19973bbb

pinkpuma175

In legends, the Keeper was the heroic one, fighting off evil. But now, was the time that they realized that not every battle was fought by one person. Their green cloak, now with a hood, hid who they were. Their spirit animal was dormant, only to protect their spirit animal from Zerif.

Behind them, was another cloaked figure appeared. Two, to be exact. Unlike the Keeper's, their cloaks were red. Their faces were hidden by their hoods, and thin white masks that shone like moonlight in the torchlight at night. The one to the left had a mask that represented a face of a cat. To the right, was a girl, who had a mask that portrayed a bird with a long beak, only covering half her face, the other half revealing that she had dark skin, as if she was from Nilo or southern Amaya. 

"Keeper," the cat masked person called. The voice was one of a boy from Eura. "is it wise to take these... corrupted innocents.. on our own?"

"They may be many, Worthy, but if we can get past them, we might just be able to find Zerif," the Keeper replied, "and Talon is a skilled archer.

Talon scanned the area, her face imitating a bird of prey. 

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar d9ae61b0a8

dogdonut473

Takoda-summoner of Mini-Kovo.

• Posted at:

Azalis

Per Elsa's request, call me Snazalis

Official Thread Necromancer.

Proud member of luana's third Mrs Wolfe's haven and school for elemental werewolves roleplay.

Thumbnail avatar 203ab7247b

lionsekhmet9

Zerif comes out of the crowd.

"So you're the one they call the Keeper? So puny. So helpless. Join me now, and I will make your end quick."

You stay silent, not knowing what he was up to. He motions for a fallen Greencloak with a shawl around its head to come up.

"This one was as hesitant as you were. Though he stood up to me in the end, I overpowered him. You see the power I hold? Take off your hood, servant."

The servant, or whatever you call it, took off its hood to reveal a brown bushy beard, with matching brown hair.

"Olvan? No. No no no no no. You couldn't of. He is fighting your power. Even right now," You say. "He is fighting it like Meilin was with the Bile."

"How are you sure? Keeper, Lenori was also caught, and now serves me like Olvan does. Do you not see? Hope has abandoned you. Give up. Let your guard down." Zerif says in a flat, monotonic voice. He advances, with a vial of something dark in his hand.

You ready your weapons, brandishing the spear that was a gift from Olvan and your dagger, which was a gift from Lenori.

"Never." You simply say.

Zerif smiles, and then his expression changes to horror.

You notice that his face was glowing purple- wait. Everything is glowing purple. What, for the love of Mulop, is happening? you think. Zerif is frozen in shock. The wind, which was gusty before, had stopped. You realize that nothing was glowing, but a light was cast behind it.

Dying of curiosity, you look behind you.

A whirlwind of purple light sucks you up, and the last thing you see is Zerif's startled face.

Thanks for reading, and I might post the second part if I get enough likes. Maybe 100 or so. Sorry to leave on a cliff hanger!

-Spy Duck

• Posted at:

Prepare for trouble!

Make it double!

To protect the world from devastation!

To unite all people within our nation!

To denounce the evils of theft and crime!

To extend our reach through the rifts of time!

Thumbnail avatar d9ae61b0a8

dogdonut473

Zerif’s forces approached from the forest. Their minds were no longer their own—their once-proud eyes now empty of all emotion. Only one person stood between them the small farming village: a single figure in a billowing green cloak. The Keeper would protect these people, even if it meant facing off against the Greencloaks.

I'm sorry *sniff* it's just so sad to retell the very sad events of the battle with cloaked zombies. Coming from Camelot, Merlin had always shown me what to do in an impossible situation. (Think Desta- Mom and Dad faced this when escaping from school! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I sent for help. Not sure of what to do in the endless woods, I just disapperated and decided to do my best in rallying an army of my own. 

First stop- SGE. Dodge thorns, grab stymph, fly up, see deans. Simple. Or so I thought. The deans had improved security since my grad from first year. Pound on window, throw fox (sorry Achilles), go in, convince them to give me current students. Quickly, as I could, I explained what was happening. THen, I sent a pixie message home. 

Second- Camelot. Get to Merlin, explain events, convince parents to let me take the army. BTW- My parents are Agatha and Tedros  of Camelot. Go to woods-WHY HERE (That was Achilles, my fox) because you haven't been here before. Think of it as a field trip, I retorted.

We share a mental bond, and I have the most potions in the world. We use portal potion. Go to Land of Stories, Familiars, Narnia, Warriors, Survivors, Underland, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, Norse mythology, The girl who could fly, Harry Potter, and Roman mythology. Anything else? NO.

I explain the plan. "Hermione- get potions, mostly truth and bezoar, and take veritisium to Zerif, bezoars to greencloaks. Should work. That worm is poison! Merl, take the other wizards and add extra protection to the fortress. OY! Cats, you and dogs take main attack force, listen to the fox, unless he goes commando on you. Gods, no matter what mythology you are, go together. If the main attack force fails, you go. Alex, you and Connor take the armies and protect the fortress. Familiars, use your talents as you can! Luxa, take yours and go attack from above and below. Edward- you and the others get to work in battle. Kids from I.N.S.A.N.E.-  you plan stratgegy. And demigods and godlings... I cursed under my breath. How could I forget?! I go back into the story.

Hey Chiron. Hello Lupa. Sorry for the interuption. We need your forces in Erdas. I go across the street to Amos's apartment. Carter? Sadie? Get the godlings, get the amulets, and get your ------- butts into battle! ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stay away from gray stuff that wiggles. It possesses you!

Defense is the best attack. We won that battle. The forces stayed in Erdas, and are staying there 'till Zerif and the Wrym are wiped aout! 

• Posted at:

Azalis

Per Elsa's request, call me Snazalis

Official Thread Necromancer.

Proud member of luana's third Mrs Wolfe's haven and school for elemental werewolves roleplay.

Thumbnail avatar 1c329e1ce9

dragonsapphire90

#1: Zerif’s forces approached from the forest. Their minds were no longer their own—their once-proud eyes now empty of all emotion. Only one person stood between them the small farming village: a single figure in a billowing green cloak.  The Keeper would protect these people, even if it meant facing off against the Greencloaks.

Standing, facing the people who were once her friends, now corrupted by the Wyrm, Elle had never felt more alone. There were so many of them. The last thing she wanted was to hurt her friends, but she knew she had to. Her Spirit Animal, Scarlett the tiger, stood beside her. Growling and ready for battle. Elle drew her dagger, braced for a fight. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold them all off, but hopefully it would give the people in the village enough time to escape. Taking a deep breath, she charged at the Greencloaks, her former allies, and attacked.

She fought as hard as she could, but every time she freed a person or animal they'd soon be infected with the parasite again. Still, she knew she had to fight with everything she had. And she did.The village she'd fought so hard to protect was empty now. They had seen the battle and evacuated. Now, she was fighting for her life. But her strength was failing. Suddenly, an impossible pain came over her. When she saw what had hapened, her heart broke. Scarlett, her loyal Spirit Animal, had been possessed by the parasite. That was the final blow. Despite the pain of her loss, Elle kept fighting. But even though Scarlett had turned against her, she couldn't bring herself to harm her Spirit Animal. She just couldn't. The tiger, however, had no such problem. With a mighty roar, Scarlett pounced on Elle, closing her strong jaws around her throat. Elle was dead. The battle was won, but Keeper was lost.

• Posted at:

Elise Stretiks

SAMB elder

Immortal

Queen of reading and r@Nd0mN3$$♛

Co-Queen of Skits♔

So many ships so little time

Too many fandoms!!!

"Never, ever underestimate your enemy. Especially when said enemy is a girl." ~ Keeper

Thumbnail avatar

snowraven64

Man I wish I could write these but I'm only on book 4 so I don't know these people/"Keeper"? 

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 163a78a1d6

soccerbird164

My spirit animal is Yuki. He is a cheetah. I am at level 3 in the game and just got my second book, so I am new to this whole thing. I love playing the game though. My Mom has me read a chapter and then I can play the game for an hour. Pretty cool huh? What I like about the book and the game is that I get to read about how the spirit animals bond with their person, and also that the game is fun to play. I get to choose my own character, their name, how they look, and like playing the quests. My Mom has been trying to get me to read more and I have always wanted to start reading these books. The game is AWESOME!

• Posted at:

They saw a monster, they decided to pick fight with it, so they pulled out their swords and began fighting the monster, Conor set a fire and there they left the monster burning, they soon figured out the light is come from a glowing Crystal, the crystal lighted up and formed another monster, Meilin took out a shovel and tries to poke the monster, the monster jumped and landed right on the shovel, as Takoda took out a sword and destroyed the crystal, the crystal left a small block of diamond, the boys took it and walked away...

• Posted at:

Watermelon!

Thumbnail avatar d9958a8b43

lionpanther130

The Keeper is you. In the game they call you "Keeper". Just wanted to help. =)

• Posted at:

"Believe you can and you're halfway there!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Animals are humans, too. So respect that!

Wings of Fire Fan

Spirit Animals Fan

Warrior Cats Fan

OCs

Shade Stargazer Shadowheart Jenna Diamondgale Scarlet (my tiger)

They saw a monster, they decided to pick fight with it, so they pulled out their swords and began fighting the monster, Conor set a fire and there they left the monster burning, they soon figured out the light is come from a glowing Crystal, the crystal lighted up and formed another monster, Meilin took out a shovel and tries to poke the monster, the monster jumped and landed right on the shovel, as Takoda took out a sword and destroyed the crystal, the crystal left a small block of diamond, the boys took it and walked away...

• Posted at:

Watermelon!

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

"So," sneered Zerif, "it's the Keeper, with her weak little deer."

The sun glinted off of the Keeper's tellunnum armor, her majestic green helmet conveying the stalwart silence of the Amayan girl.

"You ran, didn't you? You ran away with the boy Worthy, running away when all the people you loved bowed to my - our will." 

Zerif beckoned to his forces. One girl stepped forward to stare into the Keeper's eyes.

"Remember her, Keeper? Or should I say...Kalia?"

Rage filled the Keeper. She lifted her hands and signed, You dishonor Sabra with your words. Enough of this childish taunting, Wyrm-slave.

The Keeper drew her great broadsword from the leather scabbard at her side and charged into battle alongside her faithful companion, Orion. The Many rushed on to attack, commanded by Zerif. The Keeper swung ruthlessly at them, not caring if they were Greencloaks. These were no fatal blows that she delivered, only those heavy enough to cause unconsciousness. Orion fought in the same way.

She had taken many forces when a pair of clammy hands clamped around her throat. The Keeper wriggled and twisted, but she could not free herself. Another one of the Many had Orion in its grasp. He bayed in defiance and swept his captor away, prancing in a dance to keep his attackers away.

"Excellent, Sabra," said Zerif as he drew near. The Keeper glared at him with all her might. She would not go down like this!

A cruel smile crossed Zerif's face. "Bow, Kalia."

The Keeper snarled at him. Sabra's body forced her to the ground in response. The Greencloak tasted dirt and grass in her mouth, and her head spun with the impact, but she managed to wrench her head upwards. A glob of spit landed on Zerif's boots.

Zerif made an eerie hissing noise. "Beast. I tire of this game, girl."

He cupped his hand to the Keeper's cheek and let the contents of the vial concealed within slither out. He moved on to Orion, now captured by the unshakable Many, and did the same. As the buck bayed wildly, the Keeper felt the Wyrm slither into her ear.

As Zerif and his forces, now including one buck, watched, a rusty voice broke its owner's vow of silence to scream, "I'M SORRY!"

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife

We spent weeks cleaning the fun from the trees. - Karen

Thumbnail avatar 971efb7c8a

mermaidvulcan14

My eyes widened with fear and surprised. I've never seen so many Greencloaks gathered together in one place besides for important meetings. My mind started to race in a million directions. The Greencloaks, my former allies, my friends, they are the enemy now. Why does it have to be this way? No, pull yourself together. What would they want? Should I put them out of their misery? Killing my friends for the greater good. Another part of me was thinking something else. I HAVE to protect this village. This is my fault these monsters attacking them. The least I can do is save their lives. By then, my mind was made up. I had to fight back.

I drew my sword and released Destiny, my tiger from the tattoo on my right hand. Sensing I was panicked, he put his head on my thigh and tried to calm me. Don't worry. He seemed to be saying. We'll be alright. But deep down, I knew he was worried too. Without further hesitation, we charged.

Destiny and I were fierce fighters. Together, without talking, we could taking the toughest of enemies with a single glance. It was like we told each other what to do through our minds. I felt strength coursing through me. I felt like I could outrun anything, my already really good vision was improved so that I could see the ultra-violet color on a flower's petals. With a single punch, I felt like I could shatter steel.

"Let's do this." I whispered to Destiny.

Not my best, I know.

• Posted at:

Syalla

Sub 2 Pewdiepie

G A M E R S, R I S E  U P

Sned help

Me Me BIG Disappointment

Remember Stefan (Robbie Rotten), Stan Lee and Stephan Hillenburg

I.S. ruined Fire Emblem

Wait, am I supposed to put something edgy and/or thought provoking here?

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

Which Hero should I choose?

Jessika Oaktwister was finally relieved of her Greencloak duties. She had decided to take a break away from the lessons and intense training at Greenhaven to see how the civilians in Erdas were coping after the defeat of the Conquerors. At first, Olvan had been very reluctant to let her go, but he had. Now Jessika was staying in a small village in Amaya that had been the closest to her home. She was disappointed and upset to hear that Aliyah, the local Greencloak, had died in an invasion.

As Jessika helped farm the land, she noticed that her Spirit Animal, Jazzy, was yipping frantically. Jessika stood up anxiously and glanced East, toward the forest. Her senses tunneled, and she could hear every sound around her. An army of people coming from the forest...........they smelled of Greenhaven, yet there seemed to be someone else among them. Jessika drew in a sharp breath and turned to Leon, the fastest runner in the village.

"Run to everybody." She said. Her voice was commanding and forceful. "Tell them to stay inside and not come out until I say it`s safe. Then return home." Leon dashed off; afraid of the fierce look in the usually peaceful Greencloak`s face.

Jessika wondered how long it would take for the forces to arrive. They were still far away, but she needed to plan. If they were arriving from the forest, she could easily start a fire and kill them, but that would mean murdering her friends. What was she to do? At least her best friends, Henrik, Emmet, Rylle, and Kimber were visiting their homes, too. Jessika stared into the distance in frustration. She was a healer, like Lenori. She didn`t want to kill, but it seemed like she would have to.

She stared at the swaying branches of the trees that seemed to weave together to form some sort of large basket, or a net. Jessika stared, a idea forming in her head. She could trap her friends, but not kill them. She glanced around the empty fields and saw that everybody had obeyed her orders. She ran to the nearest house and prayed that her plan would work. If it didn`t, there would be a massacre.

There was still some time. There was still time.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar 79c283292c

blackhorse1636

wait so we get to add our own character in this event?

• Posted at:

how do you go to newsfeed?

Thumbnail avatar 99acb08dc2

horsecherries40

Interesting, thought the Keeper. There were a few Conquerors closing in on Greenhaven, yet they didn't have that look of a lust for power as they had before. Or, actually as it showed in the wondrous paintings of the last battle between their entire army and the Greencloaks. I only just got here anyway.thought Keeper. But suddenly, she heard an ear splitting scream from one of the cooks downstairs. Then she saw thousands of enemy Conquerors pouring over the hills of the valley where Greenhaven stood. Then she understood. The Conquerors were back again, about to wage war on the Greencloaks, after they had just won one. 

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 3637faad71

lionamber430

My knees trembled as I watched the Greencloaks arrive. There once proud cloaks were tattered and torn and their eyes seemed vacant. A surge of anger passed through me as I saw who led them. Zerif. Behind him marched Olvan. On each of the Greencloaks and Zerif's  foreheads a spiral of a Wyrm pulsed softly. My spirit animal, a cheetah named Artemis, nuzzled my hand in encouragement. I shivered as I remembered the bond between us felt stretched. Even as she stood beside me, it was as if she wasn't there at all. I squared my shoulders and stood a bit taller, even though I knew what I was doing was a suicide mission. I can't do this, I thought. I'm going to die! A whole army of Greencloaks and that annoying Zerif versus just one me! What am I even doing here? Should I speak to Zerif? Will he listen? Or just attack? Finally, I gathered my small amount of courage and stepped forward.

" Zerif!" I yelled. My voice seemed to echo through the air.

" Keeper." He smirked.

It probably wasn't the words of a brave, valiant warrior but I said it anyway, " Zerif, you have no right to be here! Go."

" Alright, pipsqueak, I'll give you one chance. You can back off now or die a painful death. Pick your poison, because I'm sure if you don't fight me right now, you'll regret it forever."

I gulped. What should I say?! I took a deep breath and said, " I will stay! I will fight you! I will even fight the Greencloaks, to protect the rest of the world from your Wyrm!"

" The rest of the world, Keeper? What rest of the world? Zhong, Eura, Artica, Amaya, Nilo, Stetriol, even the Hundred Isles have fallen. There is no where to run. This is your descision, little girl."

" Well... I won't run! I'll stand my ground until you have nowhere to run." I answered, bravely.

" Very well then, child, you have made your desicion. Now let me make mine." He turned around to the vast, great army standing behind him waiting for his orders. " Greencloaks, ATTACK!"

• Posted at:

Lioor Sagittarius

"Don't like me? Cool, I don't wake up everyday to impress you."

SAMB, WoF, Foxcraft

"I saw that." ~ Karma

"You may compliment someone a hundred times and they wouldn't bat an eye. Insult them once and they remember."

Thumbnail avatar fd78e352ec

cobrawolf684

Rollan saw the man with the red cloak again. the man ran off, and rollan followed after. it was dark and he followed the man fearlessly even though he could ear Zerif behind him. the man was met by two more red cloaks that got him inside the tent. rollan came inside. the man spoke for the first time. "i cannot get you to leave so, you must swear to keep our identities a secret. nobody can know who we are or about our group. if they do, the wyrm could awaken sooner and destroy the world. the man took off his mask. it was Tarik! he was alive! but how... Rollan thought. "how did you survive?!" "these red cloaks saved me, to pay my debt i joined them." the other two red cloaks took off their masks." Shane? devin? you are red cloaks?" "yes" shane said softly. "we kept our identity hidden from you, abeke, meilen, and conor because we knew you wouldn't trust us." "so... your good now??? Rollan said at last?" yes, my tutor warned me about the wyrm even before the evertree started to die." "please, trust us. we need your help if the erdas is going to survive. zerif has been possessed by this... wyrm. please."

• Posted at:

braydon lostknight

Thumbnail avatar 1c8b33362c

catparty77

Bookmark!  Definitely doing this

• Posted at:

~Ruby-Chan~

JesusLovesYou!!

I'mBack~(?)

QueenOfALot

AnimalsRULE.YOUKNOWTHEYDO.SAYIT-.-

AnimalLover

PROUDSAMBer

RememberAll

DaughterOfAthena

AndHephaestus

Trash

BTSstan

Hamiltrash

SummonedSuka

#Pray4Bigfur

#RememberLolly

OkayButJimin

FullSig:/

Thumbnail avatar

beigebutterfly111

AWESOME!!!

• Posted at:

Beige

Who knows what's real anymore?

I'm sorry.

Thumbnail avatar 4b9b399584

birdfairy308

Okay so Two months ago I started a book called Spirit War. One month later I began Spirit war: Raging Waters. Just so excited to tell the world sorry.

• Posted at:

Hi, everybody! I'm Hannah. feel free to ask me about Greenhaven, all new players. You may friend me, and I am known as birdfairy308.

-Hannah

Thumbnail avatar 6a7bbe6302

tigerblue1523

Supposedly, the Keeper was a hero.

She had everything it took. A proud companion, Trinzel the hyena, her teeth bared as she prowled by the Keeper's side. A reputation for cleansing the minds of those animals controlled by the Bile. A steely determination that never wavered in the face of any danger; an instinct to protect the innocents before herself. The ability to fight, and to win most battles.

But this time, she couldn't do it.

There was no noble way to say it, no heroic way out of this predicament. The army that she had been running from for days had finally arrived. Even fighting her hardest, there was no way to win this battle. For every person she could knock down, three more would attack. Her bow was at her side, dipping to meet the ground, the string brushing against the sandy plains. It would do no good, not at this range. She was out of arrows, anyway. An empty quiver was slung over her shoulder; another useless weapon.

With trembling hands, she pulled her knives from her belt. This was it, this was the end. Soon enough, the Keeper would be another legend as well, something that mothers told their children when they tried to put them to bed. The story would be told, most likely warped and twisted by Zerif. How the Keeper had died as she had lived, trying to run, trying to find another person to sacrifice in her place.

How her friends had abandoned her at the last moment, and turned against her. She spared another glance at the approaching army. Their eyes were dark and empty, devoid of thought, devoid of any feeling as they stared her down. She had promised to find a cure for those who were controlled; now, someone else would have to. Someone else, who was smarter, faster, stronger, better at what they did then the Keeper was. Maybe they would have a chance. Maybe they would be the one of whom songs were sung, stories were told, and festivals were held for. Perhaps they woul be a hero.

She made no move to run, no move to get out of the way as the tide continued to advance. Behind her, she knew what awaited. A small village of grass and mud huts, filled with terrified villagers. She would fight for them, if not for herself. She would go down fighting, making sure she could take as many of the enemy with her as she could. Give the villagers a bit more time, if only a few seconds. Maybe they could save themselves, because she wouldn't be able to.

The Keeper couldn't say she hadn't imagined it would end like this. She knew she would eventually die, meet an opponent that she couldn't defeat. She had wondered many times what it would feel like. She hoped it was like falling asleep, or going into a trance. She didn't want it to be painful, or drawn out. Yes, best to get it over with as soon as possible.

Her existence was coming closer and closer to the end with every second she spent here, long hair whipping in the breeze, cape blowing in the hot desert wind. 

Her muscles felt like lead, every footstep dragging her down. And yet she forced herself to walk. She forced herself to walk closer, every footfall as loud as thunder (at least in her mind), every second seeming to go by as slowly as if it were an hour. 

And then, time sped up.

Before she knew it, she was leaping, jumping into the air to somersault and land on the shoulders of two Greencloaks. One of them was knocked to the ground, while the other staggered, barely managing to keep his balance. His sword moved up as in slow motion, but the Keeper was already moving, darting out of the way, kicking the blade out of his hands, before landing a foot on his chest and kicking him over. He stumbled, toppling over backwards. Sorry, Keith.

Trinzel was digging her claws into the capes of other Greencloaks, moving as a brown, furry blur and pulling people over. They fell, taking those behind and around them with them to the ground. The Keeper sank a knife into the shoulder of a controlled hawk that swooped down upon her; it gave a pitiful caw and fell, plummeting like a bullet to the ground.

She was a lightning bolt; no, that was much too slow for whatever she was experiencing. In a split second, she was kicking over two archers, snapping their bows, tossing their quivers away, and landing a punch on the jaw of one of them. A roundhouse kick took care of the other, and she was already backflipping out of the way of the daggers that tried to lash at her in retaliation.

She was not exhilarated, not panting for breath, or tired in any way. She was a tornado, instead, whirling through the ranks of the enemy and knocking weapons out of their hands, kicking and punching and slicing and jabbing, knocking the enemy's spirit animals out of the way, her spirit animal leaping onto the others, knocking them over, sinking bites into a few, and clawing others.

A few of the villagers were trying to join the fray, with makeshift weapons of spears or rocks. "Get out of the way!" the Keeper shouted, gesturing wildly towards the huts. "Get everyone away!" 

She can't hold the enemy off forever, but she can cover the villagers' retreat. The energy flash is seeping out of her body, leaving her already aching. She continues fighting, not in the strategies and positions that she had been taught at Greenhaven, but in wild lashes and kicks. It seems to be working better then any other strategy against the mindless puppets.

The villagers are running, leaping onto the backs of donkeys and horses, picking up children and babies who can't run as quickly. The Keeper was distracted for a second by their retreat, and that is all it takes for her to not see the flash of silver knife coming towards her. 

Trinzel turns, tries to leap to intercept the dagger, but it's too late; the blade is already buried up to the hilt in the Keeper's stomach. The Keeper glances down, in surprise; already, a red stain, shockingly bright against the forest greens of her tunic, is spreading. Her knives clatter to the ground. 

Time seems to stand still; her vision is blurring, and suddenly there's a burning pain in her ribs where a few seconds ago, they seemed to have been numb. Someone is letting out a scream, a scream as if they're being tortured; is that her? She's already sinking to the ground, falling onto her back.

Her eyes are open, finding the eyes of her faithful spirit animal. "Get them, Trinzel," she gasps out, a shaking hand reaching up to rest on the hyena's fur. "Get them." 

Her eyes reflected something else for a moment, seeming to look far away, before her hand dropped, she took a last, shuddering breath, and then didn't take another.

The Keeper, hero of Erdas, champion of the good, healer of the Bile, lays there herself, finally defeated. 

Our hope is lost. The Keeper is dead.

• Posted at:

Azoth

Now in Vienna there are ten pretty women

There's a shoulder where Death comes to cry

There's a lobby with nine hundred windows

There's a tree where the doves go to die

Thumbnail avatar 4b9b399584

birdfairy308

Meilin stumbled back against the cave wall. A huge sac was blocking their path. Inside the sac was a spider the size of a dinner plate. The Spider hissed and revealed its sharp fangs.

The light was coming from a glowing orb inside the sac. The Spider wrapped a protective arm around it and hissed again.

Takoda held out his staff and jabbed the sac, but the sac hardly moved. Then the staff sunk into the sac and dropped by the spider. Meilin thought she saw a smile curled onto the Spider's lip.

Conor was weakened by the creature wiggling up his arm. But suddenly his face went a ghostly white and he fell to the ground, blood and pain surrounding him.

The creature smiled once more and disappeared. Then he reappeared. Takoda stifled a gasp.

Iit was Zerif.

• Posted at:

Hi, everybody! I'm Hannah. feel free to ask me about Greenhaven, all new players. You may friend me, and I am known as birdfairy308.

-Hannah

1 , , 3