How do you rate it so far?

Thumbnail avatar 0e294bc7a0

silvermist539

A Wolf’s Life
A/N means author’s note
By Joy

Chapter 1
Moonberry

Everything was pitch black. I could not hear nor see. But I smelt this warm, comforting scent and nuzzled towards it. Suddenly I could feel this squirming on either side of me, and it felt comforting. As I crawled closer to the warm scent, I could feel something stroking my back. It felt good. As I finally reached the source of the scent, I grabbed onto it and started sucking. A warm, tasty liquid poured into my mouth, and I fell into sleep. I could feel a body near me, as I crawled around. I felt around for the body that gave me warmth, but found none. I found a cold one instead. As I whimpered about my loss, something warm touched me face. Suddenly, I was jolted awake. The warm thing started to lick me. I felt warm and cozy again, my dream forgotten. I heard a soft yip, and it sounded very comforting and melodious, that said, “Your name will be Moonberry,” And I felt content, as a soft stroking continued.

***********

“Hey!” Firetail yelped, as I bowled him over. I pummeled at his belly with my claws tucked away as he pawed at my ear. “I got you!” I said as I got off of him. “No you did not! I was just…. Letting you win!” He play-growled. “Yeah right! I'm going to tell Mother that I surprised you and beat you!!” I yipped as I raced away to find Frostfur. “You did not beat me!” He said as a he caught up to me. “Yes I did!!” I barked as I put on a burst of speed, leaving Firetail behind.
“Mother! Mother! I finally managed to sneak up on Firetail! He never saw what was coming!” I yipped, bouncing around. “Calm down! And good job, but remember, Owlfeather needs sleep,” Frostfur scolded, and put her paw on me, to stop me from bouncing around. “Okay.” I said. “How about you go and ask Juniperbranch if she wants to play with you and Firetail? I notice she hasn't been doing much, as of lately.” Mother said. “Yay! I can play more!” I chirped, and walked over to Juniperbranch.

“Do you want to play? Me and Firetail were play-fighting.” I yipped. “No thanks,” she said. “Come on, Juniperbranch! You never want to play with us,” I whimpered. “Okay, fine.” She said. “Let's go!” I barked playfully as I almost bumped into Father, who was laying on the ground. Father raised his head. “What are you two up to? You know you shouldn't wake your father!” He growled playfully, as he pawed my ear. “Sorry!” I said, as I licked his chin. “It's alright. Now go play with your littermates. You too, Juniperbranch,” “Okay,” Juniperbranch said. We both raced away as Father went into the nursery-cave.
“What do you want to do?” I said as we found Firetail. “I don't know. There's nothing to do in our camp. I wish we could go explore our territory. Father and Mother can go out anytime they like, and we only can stay in camp with Owlfeather!” Firetail barked, as he scraped the earth with his paws. “Father is Alpha, and Mother is Alpha too! We can't go out of camp!” It's unfair! He yapped frustratedly. “I wish we could go outside too,” I said wistfully. “But we can't. But let's go see if there are any bone-toys around camp. Whoever can find the most, wins!” I chirped. Firetail was instantly cheered up, and Juniperbranch perked up her ears interestedly. “Go!” I yelped.

****
Frostfur and Pineblaze were going to hunt elk. “Why can't we come too?” I whined. “You're too young. Once you have your puphood ceremony, you can come.” Father said. “Why don't you go to Owlfeather? I'm sure she wants company.” Mother said. “But we want to come!” Firetail said. “You can't. Not until you're older. Now go to Owlfeather. We’ll come back later.” Father growled sternly. “Okay,” I whimpered sadly.
As my siblings and I walked to Owlfeather, a rabbit hopped out of the bushes. My littermates and I froze. “Let's catch it!!” Firetail whisper-shouted. “Let me do it!!” I said. And I jumped onto the rabbitbefore they could reply. The rabbit shrieked in surprise, and I bit it. It squirmed out of my grasp, but Firetail was quick. He pounced on it. He managed to claw it with his thorn-sharp claws, but again, the rabbit squirmed away, leaving a thin trail of blood. Juniperbranch tried to pounce, but the rabbit darted away. My littermates and I gave chase, but couldn't find it. I gave a mournful howl.

*******

“Try it!” Frostfur said encouragingly. I looked at the chewed pile of meat Mother had given me. “No.” I yipped stubbornly. “Just a little. Come on, Moonberry. My milk is going to dry out someday. A little won't hurt, right?” She said. “Okay, fine. But just a little.” I said. I licked up a little. It was good, tasteful and chewy. “It tastes good!” I said, surprised. “I'm glad. And I'm proud of you for trying a new thing,” Frostfur said. I licked up the rest of it. “Can you go find your siblings and tell them to come here too?” She asked, “Okay,” I said. “Good pup. Now hurry along. I'll see you later.” Mother said.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

-Joy

The world is quiet here. The SAMB soon will be too. 

I'll miss everyone, and I love you all. 

Wherever you're headed, good luck. 

silvermist539

Up

• Posted at:

-Joy

Thumbnail avatar 35e14792c4

panthergriffin335

Great job! Can't wait to read the next chapter.

• Posted at:

~Shanna~

silvermist539

Thanks. I'll probably post a new chapter once every week, but since I just made it today, I'll post another chapter.

• Posted at:

-Joy

silvermist539

Chapter 2

“Mother,” I whined, as Frostfur groomed me fiercely. She had already done the same for Firetail and Juniperbranch. I squirmed away. “I'm clean enough!” I said. “Nonsense! You need to look your best for your ceremony for going out of puphood!” Mother barked quietly. As her words ended, Father started a pack howl. Everyone joined in the howl, and as Father’s deep voice and Mother’s melodious voice twined together, I howled even louder. I couldn't make out which howls were who’s now, but I could feel a stirring of the wild inside of me. As our pack howling died down, Father climbed up onto a tall rock with mother, and announced the beginning of the ceremony. My littermates and I were called up, We dipped our heads. Father put his head on top of ours, and we could see the pride in his eyes. As we licked chin, Father howled again, ending the ceremony.
                                                                                                         **********

After a successful hunt, Frostfur set down a shank of meat in front of me. “But I thought you would give me your chewed food!” I whined. “You're old enough to eat solid food, and you are an adolescent now. Come on, it's the same as my chewed food.” Mother said. “But how do I eat it?” I asked, not sure. “You just bite it, tear off a piece and chew. Make sure you chew it thoroughly. I don't want you to choke.” Mother instructed. “Why do I always try everything first?” I whined again. “You're the oldest. Now come on, just give it a try.” She encouraged. “Okay,” I barked cautiously. I bit the meat, as Frostfur had said, and tore off a piece. I chewed it, and realized it wasn't much different from Frostfur’s chewed food. I tore off another piece. “I'm glad you like it,” Frostfur said, pleased. “Now go get your siblings.”
Mother, my siblings, and I moved out of the nursery-cave. “It was getting cramped in there!” I said. “I know it was, but there was no other den Owlfeather could have gone to.” Mother said. “We know.” My siblings and I yipped. We went into the Alpha Den, which was very spacious. “Wow,” I said. We get to sleep here?” “Yes,” Mother sat down. Your father and I sought for a territory when we had met each other and became mates. We looked at many places, but we could not find the right one, until we found this one.” Suddenly, a howl of pain came from the nursery-cave. “The pups are coming!” We heard Owlfeather yelp in pain. Frostfur rushed over to the nursery-cave. I followed.
As I entered, I saw Owlfeather, her lips curled in pain. “It'll be okay, it'll be okay,” Mother soothed, as she licked Owlfeather. “The pups are coming too soon,” Mother whispered. “Where’s Leafpelt?” Owlfeather said as she looked around frantically, a spasm grasping her. Mother just kept licking. Another spasm gripped her, and a tiny bundle slithered out. Mother cut the membrane and started licking the tiny thing. She nosed it towards Owlfeathers belly. Owlfeather started licking it, but another spasm shook her. The tiny pup mewled in protest as the teat it was sucking on got jerked away.
Many spasms shook Owlfeather until another bundle slipped out. Frostfur did the same thing to the tiny bundle as she did the first. A big spasm started on Owlfeather, and Frostfur barked to me, “Get a branch!” I hurried to get one. As I returned mother yanked the stick out my jaws and gave it to Owlfeather. Owlfeather bit the stick so hard it gave a loud crunch. A very small bundle slipped out, as Owlfeather layed, panting. “That's all.” Mother said. As she cut the membrane, the pup didn't move or respond as Frostfur licked it. “It's dead.” Mother whimpered sadly. Owlfeather didn't respond, just opened her jaws and gave a silent, mournful howl. Frostfur took the dead pup outside and buried it.
As she returned to the cave, Owlfeather croaked, “I need water” Frostfur told me to get some soaked moss. When I came outside, I saw Father standing outside at a distance from the den. ”Is she alright? I saw Frostfur come out carrying something,” He asked. “Yes, but one died,” I whimpered to him. “Why father, did it die?” “It was too weak. You shouldn't have had to see it.” Father barked softly. I said a quick goodbye and ran to find moss, and dipped it in water. I returned to the nursery-cave and Owlfeather licked up the water. Mother told me to go back to the den and give Owlfeather some space. I hurried away and found my littermates huddling together in the den. “What happened?” Juniperbranch whispered. “Owlfeather must have been in a lot of pain.” “She had her pups too soon, and one died. But the other two survived.” I said mournfully. “Really? Is Owlfeather okay?” Firetail asked. “I think so,” I replied.
Mother walked into the cave. Something I had been wondering about came out of my jaws. “Mother, who is Leafpelt?” I asked. Mother sighed. She sat down, and my littermates and I did too. “Leafpelt was Owlfeather’s mate. He was a fine wolf, with red fur. Leafpelt always hunted well with the pack. He and Owlfeather had been very close, but a bear killed him. The bear was very big, and he died protecting Owlfeather. Owlfeather still mourns about him. Let's all hope that wherever he is now, he is happy.” “Oh.” I said quietly.
Frostfur trotted into the nursery-cave again. A few heartbeats later, she came back into the den. “Owlfeather has named her pups! Come see!” Mother yipped excitedly. As we went to the nursery-cave, Owlfeather raised her head. “What did you name your pups?” Juniperbranch asked elatedly. “This white-gray little one is named Snowfall. She's a female. And this little malewith red fur is Redwood. “Redwood looks just like Leafpelt,” Frostfur said. “Yes, he does,” breathed Owlfeather. Owlfeather started grooming her pups, so Frostfur, my sibling, and I left.

*******

Something made my nose tingle. I woke up, and looked outside to see white stuff falling out of the sky! I raced to stand up, and Frostfur opened her eyes. “It's snowing!” Frostfur said, nudging Juniperbranch and Firetail awake. “Wha? Is something attacking camp?” Firetail yawned sleepily. I watched as Juniperbranch looked outside and started sniffing the Alpha Den entrance. “What is it??” Firetail said after he saw the white stuff. “It's snow. It comes when winter is coldest.” Mother explained. I pounced forward, muzzle first, into the snow. “MYA!” I yelped as My mouth sank into the snow. The snow made my nose tingle with cold. My siblings snickered at the sound I made. Frostfur watched with amusement. She walked outside, and I watched with puzzlement as she left paw prints in the snow. Immediately, my siblings and I followed her, and we sank a bit into the snow. It practically almost reached my knees!
“Woah!” Firetail barked suddenly, sinking to his belly in a particularly deep part of the snow. Mother walked over and heaved him up by the scruff. “Be careful, my wonderful adolescents. You have to learn to use your paws correctly and spread your weight.” Mother said, releasing her grip. “I won't be able to pick up or heave you guys up again pretty soon!” Frostfur puffed after I sniffed the cold air. My nose was starting to burn a little, but I rolled in the snow when I saw Juniperbranch doing it. I stood up after doing it, and shivered with cold. Frostfur saw this and said, “Come. Your coats are not yet thick enough for winter. We can play later.” “Okay….” Firetail said.

• Posted at:

-Joy

Thumbnail avatar 0bfb442987

lonewolf600

great job!

• Posted at:

Call me Alpha

I love memes, Doge is best meme, very fuzz, much awesome, all doge.

"If you win you live. if you lose you die. If you don't fight you can't win."-Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

King of Air and the sky!

#fluffehforpresident

silvermist539

Thank you!

• Posted at:

-Joy

panthergriffin335

Bump.

• Posted at:

~Shanna~

panthergriffin335

Bump.

• Posted at:

~Shanna~

panthergriffin335

Hello?

• Posted at:

~Shanna~

silvermist539

Hi! I'm posting a new chapter now

• Posted at:

-Joy

silvermist539

“Coyote! Coyote!” There was a snarl from the nursery-cave. I spotted a coyote appearing behind a clump of grass that had survived the snow and frost. I ran forwards, jaws snapping. I saw Owlfeather in front of her pups, fur bristling, teeth bared. I bit the coyote’s rump, hearing fur tear. Frostfur was running towards me, and joined in the attack. The coyote turned, realizing he was outnumbered. I tried to bite him again, but I missed. The coyote ran. But it veered back, heading towards Owlfeather and her pups. Owlfeather let out a loud snarl, pouncing on the coyote. She grabbed the coyote by the scruff and shook him around. When she let go, the coyote was running like a young healthy elk into the bushes. Father came and settled us down. Nobody had any wounds that I could see, so I calmed down.

*******

“Mother, when will we get to explore the territory?” I asked. “We can go now, if you'd like. Go get Juniperberry and Firetail too though, I'm sure they would like to come too.” Frostfur barked. “Okay!” I said excitedly. I ran off to find my littermates. As I scanned around, I saw Juniperbranch laying under her favorite tree. “Hey Juniperbranch! We're going to go explore our territory with Mother!!” I yipped. “Okay! Let's go!” Juniperbranch said. “But we need to go get Firetail too.” I barked. “Okay.” She said. As I sniffed the air for his scent, I saw him heading towards the den. “Firetail!” I barked. He turned around. “What, Moonberry?” “We're going to go explore the territory!” I yipped. “Really? Let's go!!” He said excitedly. As my siblings and I raced to Frostfur, we saw her at the camp entrance. “Let's go!” I yipped. We headed out.
“The forest is so beautiful!” I barked, racing around. I saw luscious leaves and flowers, that had wonderful scents. I heard the rustling of animals, in the bushes, on branches, and underground. Though the air was icy and the leaves covered in frost, you could still see what the plants and earth used to be before winter. I took a deep breath. I saw that my siblings were doing the same. “Yes, it is.” Frostfur barked. As we walked around, I saw a white rabbit. “Mother, can I hunt it?” I whined. “If you can catch it.” She said.
I stalked forwards, careful not to disturb any leaves. As I got closer, the rabbit perked up its ears. I took another step closer, and the rabbit’s muscles tensed. I tensed my muscles, preparing for the pounce. I waited a heartbeat more, and pounced. I landed on the rabbit. I scratched and bit it, until it fell, a few moments later. My siblings had watched silently. Frostfur walked up to me and licked my ears. “Good job,” she said. “But next time, bite its spine, don't just scratch and bite.” As my siblings congratulated me, I heard a twig snap in the bushes. “What was that?” I asked. “Just a mouse,” Mother said, sniffing the air with her slender nose. I looked at the rabbit. “Can I show Father?” I barked. “Yes, but hurry back. Your siblings and I will keep going. “Okay!” I yipped, picking up the rabbit.
As I started towards camp, another twig cracked in the bushes. I turned around. Nothing behind me, I thought. I kept going, but a little faster. The air had a hint of danger. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw the camp entrance. As I looked around for Father, I saw him talking to Owlfeather, who was watching her pups play outside of the nursery-cave.
“Pineblaze! Pineblaze!” I yipped excitedly through the rabbit as he turned to look at me. “Look! I caught a rabbit all by myself!! I yipped. “Good job! I can see you'll be a great hunter.” He barked as he walked towards me. “Why don't you give it to Owlfeather? I'm sure she would like some food.” Father said. “Okay,” I said, walking to Owlfeather. She thanked me as I dropped it in front of her. I said a quick goodbye and left camp to go find Frostfur. Once again, I heard a twig crack in the bushes. I looked around, spooked. I ran forward. Another twig broke. I could smell a strange wolf scent. Now I dashed forward, following Frostfur’s scent.
Suddenly, a loud crack came from the bushes. I darted forward, charging through the forest debris. I saw Frostfur in the distance. I ran faster. When I reached her, Frostfur was looking at me, concerned. “Why were you running?” She asked, smelling my fear-scent. “There... was... something… big… following…me, I think….. It was a…. Wolf” I panted, fighting for breath. My littermates were looking at me. “Really?” Mother said, scanning and sniffing the air. “I can't smell anything.”. I looked back to where I was running. “But Mother, there were a bunch of twigs snapping behind me. No matter how fast I ran. It was always behind me.” I whimpered, still spooked. My littermates and Mother could see I was still scared. As they licked me, I could hear a rustling in the bushes. Mother heard it too. She looked up. Suddenly, a large, formidable looking wolf jumped out of the bushes.
Mother snarled at the wolf. “What are you doing in our territory?” She asked, her hackles lifting and her fur bristling. She shielded us with her body. “We can fight too!” Firetail protested. “No.” Frostfur said firmly. The wolf didn't reply her, just stood, growling. “Get out!” Frostfur said, raising her tail. The wolf didn't flinch. Instead he took a pace forward, looking like he was going to pounce on Mother. Frostfur stood, still protecting us. The wolf jumped, but instead of landing on Mother, he turned and grabbed me by the scruff while Mother was focused on dodging.
I growled and kicked, but couldn't get out. I clawed him, but he didn't let go. Mother snarled even louder, and pounced on him. She clawed him with her claws. But he didn't let go of me. He was much bigger than any wolf that I had seen, though not an unnatural size, and he was two times the size of me. He bit Mother’s belly, but Mother didn't pause. She bit his back and clawed his throat. He finally let go. He turned on Frostfur, and she pounced on him. It was a flurry of fur. Finally, Mother stepped back, dominant. The wolf ran away, tail streaking, past us. Frostfur’s white fur was starting to turn red. I whimpered. “Mother what happened? Who was that wolf? Are you okay?” I whined. “Let's just get back to camp,” she said briskly.
As we entered camp, Pineblaze ran towards us. “Frostfur! Are you alright? What happened?” He barked. He licked at her wounds. “There was a wolf attack from another pack,” she barked quietly. He looked up at my siblings and I. “Are you three alright?” He said worriedly. “I'm okay, but the wolf grabbed me.” I said. Pineblaze ushered all of us into the den. Mother looked exhausted. She layed down, and with Pineblaze beside her, she licked her wounds. My siblings and I left, and a bundle of fur tumbled at Firetail’s feet. “Hi!” Snowfall chirped at us, her tail wagging. “Do you want to play?” She bayed. “Sure!” My siblings and I said. Snowfall started climbing over me. “Enemy attack! Enemy attack!” She barked. Here tiny claws pricked my skin gently. There was another weight on top of me. Redwood had joined in! “Noooo you are too tough! I surrender!” I pretend-whimpered. I kept on playing with them with my littermates.
After that, I went on many other exploration adventures, but none were as exciting as that one.

• Posted at:

-Joy

silvermist539

Huh. I forgot about this. Ya know what, I'm just going to continue.

Chapter 4

Pineblaze howled a hunt-howl. “Juniperbranch, Moonberry, and Firetail will go hunting with me.” Father announced.

“We're going hunting!” I yelped excitedly. I bounced around happily.

“Calm down, Moonberry!” Frostfur yipped. She was still healing from some of the deeper wounds the enemy wolf had made. I quieted down, but I could tell my littermates were having trouble holding in their excitement.

“It's our first time hunting!” I whispered to them.

“Yeah!” They whispered back. As Pineblaze walked through the entrance, two bundles of fur landed on his feet.

“Oops! Sorry!” Redwood yipped.

“Can we come too?” Snowfall asked.

“It's alright, Redwood. And neither of you can come until you're older. You wouldn't want to leave Owlfeather all alone in camp, now would you?” Father barked.

“We guess not.” Redwood and Snowfall went back to the nursery-cave, sulking.

We headed out, I once again felt the joy of being out into the wild, with the birds singing, the river running, and the branches rustling. Pineblaze sniffed the air for the scent of elk, which he found. We followed him, and we reached a clearing. We saw a herd of healthy elk, none seemed weak. We circled around the herd, acting uninterested. The elk had not sent the alarm call yet. We avoided the bull, which was glaring intensely at us.

I spotted an old-looking cow. I nudged father and pointed at the elk with my eyes. He gave a slight nod and signaled the hunting party. We stalked closer, pawsteps by pawsteps until an alarm call rang out. The elk started running. We gave chase, and started to separate the old elk from the herd. We got between the two, and Pineblaze signaled us to separate the elk from the herd more. We did, and the old elk veered to the side. I ran up behind it, narrowly avoiding a kick from the elk. I bit it and held on, before I got yanked off by a sudden veer to the side from the elk. Father came up behind me and bit the elk’s side. It's stride was cut off, and Firetail and Juniperbranch cornered it between them. Pineblaze and I joined in, but Juniperbranch was kicked on the side by the elk’s flying hooves.

She fell, looking dazed, but I had no time to check if she was okay. The cow was starting to kick out harder, and more desperately, so I had to keep on dodging. Finally, I managed to get a bite in. As the cow started to weaken, Firetail leaped on to it’s neck for the killing bite. I saw Juniperbranch back on her feet as the elk fell. We stood in silence, thanking her for the meat she provided. A few moments later, we heard a howl from camp that asked where we were and if we were okay. Pineblaze howled back, saying that we were fine and that we were in a pine forest. As we feasted on the elk, we saved some pieces of the successful hunt for Owlfeather and Frostfur. The pups were starting to be weaned from milk, so saved some in my second stomach. Father started a howl, and we howled joyfully for our hunt.

We started for camp, feeling full and comfortable. I carried a leg for Frostfur, and Firetail held a piece of flesh from the elk’s side for Owlfeather. As we headed into the camp entrance, Snowfall leaped up to me and licked the corner of my mouth. I put down the leg I was carrying and gave her some of the food I had saved and she thanked me. I saw that Redwood was doing the same with Juniperbranch. I picked up the leg and found Frostfur. “

Thank you, but give it to Owlfeather. I'll be fine.” Frostfur said when I gave it to her.

“But you have to eat something!” I barked.

“Alright,” she sighed. I didn't walk away until I saw she was eating it. I could see a gleam of amusement in Frostfur’s eyes as I did.

Father howled to signal the beginning of the puphood ceremony. Mother walked up beside him, and Snowfall and Redwood climbed up a few moments after her. As they dipped their heads, Pineblaze put his head on top of them. They were already 8 months old. Pups grew up so fast! He howled again, ending the ceremony.

As the new adolescents walked down from the rock, I saw a gleam of pride in Owlfeather’s eyes. Owlfeather nuzzled Snowfall and Redwood, and moved off to a bush.

I remembered that since the pups didn't need her anymore, she needed to move to another den, and so did Snowfall and Redwood. As Snowfall sniffed at a bramble thicket, debating if it was a good place to sleep or not, a wolf howl brought everyone to a pause. I sniffed the air. It smelled like a lone wolf from another pack. It seemed to have just left its pack. Pineblaze walked out of the camp. Frostfur followed. I stayed in camp, and waited. Juniperbranch and Firetail sat beside me, like when we were pups. Many heartbeats later, Frostfur walked in with a average-sized grayish brown wolf with Father flanking it.

The wolf was in a submissive stance.

“I would like to join your pack.” The wolf groveled. Frostfur and Pineblaze were studying the wolf. I looked at it too. It had muscle, and one of its ears were slightly notched.

“My name is Foxear. I have come from the O’khasis pack.” He dipped his head. Pineblaze raised his hackles and curled his lip at Foxear, showing dominance. The wolf didn't act, just dipped his head again in respect. Father turned to Mother, barking softly and quietly.

“Wait here,” He turned back to the wolf. Pineblaze walked off into the den with Frostfur, leaving us to stare at the stranger. Redwood piped up first.

“Hi,” he barked.

“Hello.” The wolf said.

Father and Mother came back outside after.

“We have agreed that you can join our pack. Cause no trouble, and you will not be punished. Welcome to the Nahakra Pack.” Frostfur barked.

Everyone howled, welcoming the new wolf. As the howling stopped, Foxear nodded.

“I am honored.” Frostfur and Pineblaze went back to the den. Redwood and Snowfall walked up to him.

“Why is your ear weird? How come you didn't stay with your pack? Do you not like it? Why come to ours? How come you’re by yourself?” They started asking.

“Well, I got in a fight with a coyote, and I just wanted to leave. I liked m-” was all Foxear could say before the adolescents started asking more questions. When Redwood and Snowfall stopped asking questions, Foxear answered all of them.

“He has a good memory,” I whispered to Juniperbranch.

“Yeah,” she whispered back. When Foxear answered all the questions, Firetail barked, “Let him find a den. You can ask him questions later.”

“Okay,” Redwood and Snowfall barked.

• Posted at:

-Joy

Thumbnail avatar 285f83a107

bullbulldog1775

I just saw this it's awesome!

• Posted at:

Swiftstar  Random Eternal Flame Histerian

Everyon iBeautiful in God's eyes

Swiftbreeze

Sweetfeather

Duskpelt

Dawnfur

Flamepelt

Brokenwind

Scarear

Flamefoot

Cinderwhisker

Yay Still unshipped

Thumbnail avatar 4bf7cfc19d

horseaqua1111

I am no writer myself but I saw a few errors in there. 

Otherwise, it was pretty good. 

• Posted at:

Finally gonna get the Spirit Animals series. 

I have been dying to read them :)

Thumbnail avatar d7b76a5476

wolfpaw1527

Great job dude! I'm about to type a story in Word Document, and thanks because you gave me some tips about what story I should make.

Sorry if you don't want me call you dude. I just like to do that often.

• Posted at:

Nacho

memes and vines and memes and vines

holy heck i spilled my wine

Foxcraft

Wolfey

Phillip

Benny

Nacho.exe

EVERYBODY DO THE DAB

silvermist539

Aww thank you guys

Also, what mistakes did I make? I need to fix them :3

• Posted at:

-Joy

silvermist539

This story goes a little fast. btw.

Chapter 5

Something tickled my throat, and I started coughing.

“Are you alright?” Firetail asked.

“I… Think…………..so,” I could barely get the words out. I had been coughing recently, but it hadn't been this bad.  I suddenly felt an aching in my bones that I hadn't felt before. He nudged me towards the den.

“Go tell Mother and Father. I'm sure they can cure your cough.” Firetail nudged me towards the den. I staggered into the den.

“I….keep...cou-” it was all I could get out before a hacking fit took me. My throat hurt like fire, and my head was aching. A blackness was yawning before me. “No!” I barked hoarsely, blinking. The blackness faded. Frostfur started licking me all over, like when I was a pup. I felt comforted again. As blackness yawned before me again, I accepted it, and I fell into sleep.

I woke up, and saw a leg from an elk near me. I realized how ravenous I was and gulped down the leg. Someone walked into the den. I looked up. It was Pineblaze.

“Father.” I croaked, greeting him. He put down a wad of wet moss and licked me. I lapped thirstily at the moss, and tried to stand up. I fell back down, aching.

“Stay still,” Pineblaze barked softly. “Are you okay?”

“I don't know.” I said.

“I'll be back later. We’re going hunting. Foxleap and Snowfall are staying at camp, so if you need anything, just ask them,” he said. He licked me again and left. I had a coughing fit, but soon, I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, no one was here. There was a damp, old piece of moss though. I licked up what water there was and tried to stand up. I stood up, but fell again. I forced myself to stand up again, and took a few pawsteps. Once again, I fell. But I got back up, and staggered out of the den. I couldn't see anyone, but I heard something coming from Snowfall’s den. I half crawled, half staggered towards it. When I peeked in, I saw a mouse skittering around. I held my breath as it got closer to me. May as well catch it, I'm hungry anyways. I thought. I took one pace forward, gathered all the strength I had left, and pounced. I bit it's spine, killing the mouse instantly. I crawled out of Snowfall’s den and staggered to the Alpha Den. I ate there, but the mouse didn't fill me up at all compared to elk.

“I wonder where everyone is,” I muttered out loud. As I sat there, I felt very tired again, and fell into a deep sleep.

Once I woke up again, I felt a little better. I didn't feel as weak, and stood up. I couldn't hear anything outside. When I got up, and half crawled half walked out of the den, there was nothing in the camp again. I looked around, sniffing the air. There was no familiar scent of the pack. I howled, a deep, lonely howl. I waited for a response. None. Wait! I heard an answering howl, far, far away.

I howled again, saying, “Why have you left me?” I waited. There wasn't a response, but I realized that the howling I heard was probably from another pack. I walked out of camp, worry and loneliness strengthening me. I found a scent, very faint though. I followed it, and after I walked for a very long time, the scent was still there. I smelled elk too.

“Must have been hunting,” I thought aloud again. I followed the scent until it reached a stream. I lapped up some water, and kept following it over the stream.

Where are they going? I thought. I followed it some more. By now I was starving. I sniffed the air for any prey. I smelt rabbit. I followed the scent nose to the ground, until I saw a plump one sitting in some grass. I stalked it, downwind, and when I got close, I pounced. I tore at it, gulping it down. I knew there was a hunting ground up ahead. I could smell it. Maybe they wanted to hunt there? I thought. I continued, smelling elk and my pack. The scent was somewhat clearer. As I continued walking, the scent was suddenly mixed with a very weird scent. It was a scent that I had never smelt before. I smelt a bit of blood, only a few droplets. It seemed as if the weird scent had taken the whole entire pack scent away. The weird scent was overpowering as I walked on. I sniffed the air again. I smelt a very sour and bitter scent. As I kept on walking, I came across a large, smelly black line.

I stared. Suddenly, a large, bright beast sweeped across the black path. The smell it left behind was disgusting. I wrinkled my nose. I could not smell my pack anymore. I howled. A long, low, mournful howl at the loss of my pack. I coughed once. I was half-hoping there would be a reply. None. I couldn't recognize any territory. I had followed the pack scent, and hadn't looked at the area around me. I thought about my family, and pushed forward. I followed the edge of path.

I was so thirsty. I had come across no water ever since following the Shadowpath. I decided to call it that since the shadowmonsters that walked on it were as loud as thunder, and the path were black as night. But it had been days since the loss of my pack. I followed it, hoping to find my pack. There was no scent, no nothing, but I followed where my instincts took me. Suddenly, an overpowering scent of the weird scent came over me. I saw huge, gray stone things that reached high into the sky. I saw even more shadowmonsters.  I flattened my ears, scared. I smelled water. When I followed the scent of water, and found it. The water was murky and black, but I didn't care. It relieved little of my thirst, and it tasted sour. But it was enough to keep me going. I walked into the ominous place of bustling shadowmonsters and huge tall stones. (A huge city)

I knew my family was here. I could feel it, deep in my bones, that I was in the right place. Yet it scared me. The place was noisy and loud, with flashing lights and scary smells. I saw manh huge tall pink things with hair only on its head. It walked on it hind legs, so I decided to call them upwalkers. I slunk along the shadows, and it seemed as if the upwalkers were blind and deaf. They never saw me as I slunk past them. There seemed to be thousands of the upwalkers. I knew my family was here, but where?

I came up on a huge white square thing. I could hear animals inside. It gave me hope. I walked forwards, but bumped into something I couldn't see. I could see in the other side, but it didn't let me walk through. I tried again, bumping my muzzle into it again. Suddenly, an upwalker inside of the square saw me. It put its front paws on its face and opened its mouth. It looked like it was howling silently. It was a high pitched muffled noise, I cocked my head at it and sat on my haunches. Some other upwalkers saw the howling upwalker and looked at where it was looking. They also started to silently howl. “What are you doing?” I barked to them. There were no upwalkers around, other than in the square thing. But there were shadowmonsters. In the white square large den-thingy, here were colorful birds, and small wildcat-looking things. They seemed like they were miniature versions of a wildcat. The cats were all different colors. No wolves though.

I was confused. Why were they just standing there, howling? But then, one of them started to move towards me. I wagged my tail, glad that hat one of them finally wanted to talk to me. I waited for them to come. It stopped at the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-I-can-see-through thing. Suddenly, the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-I-can-see-through swung towards me.

I jumped back, teeth bared. It was attacking me! I barely avoided the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-I-can-see-through thing. The upwalker stared at me, paws raised. I stared back.

“What do you want?” I barked. It barked gibberish and nonsense in fear. “What?” I cocked my head. Again, it said nonsense. I waited. We just stared at each other. I could smell fear-scent pouring through the gap that the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-I-can-see-through made. I could still hear animals inside. I barked, hoping to find my family.

“Mother? Father? Firetail? Juniperbranch? Anyone??” My last words came out as a wail. I missed my family, and all the sadness poured out as a howled my sorrows and pain.

The Upwalker covered its circle-ears with its front paws. Why would they do that? I thought, as I continued my long, miserable howl. When I finally stopped, the upwalker didn't react. I gave up.  I turned around, my tail dragging on the hard, black ground. I walked away, my curiosity gone as my loss and sadness replaced it. The upwalker closed the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-I-can-see-through and walked around a corner. I continued walking away. Suddenly, the thing-I-can't-walk-through-but-i-can-see-through swung open again, and the same upwalker came out. It was carrying a weird circle thing that sloshed with water. I turned around again, looking up at the upwalker. It set down the weird thing and I lapped up all of the water. It didn't taste sour like the black water, but didn't taste as good as river water. I looked back up at the upwalker. It stared at me strangely for a few moments, then went back to the white square thing. It seemed to be talking to the other upwalkers, moving its paws in odd ways. I walked away.

After finding the square white thing, I came across another thing. It had black walls that were not very tall and had holes in the middle. (Tall fencing.) It came up in a huge arch, where there was a large rectangle thing with stuff on it. It said, “ZOODESIA ZOO”. I could hear sounds of animals that I had never heard before. I walked in. There were upwalkers everywhere. I used the shadows, and they never saw me. So I continued walking, and highest pitched howl I had ever heard rang out. An upwalker pointed a large paw at me, and the other upwalkers looked too. Then the air was filled with high pitched howls. I could smell fear-scent all around me, which spooked me. I ran forward as fast as I could, away. A few paws tried to grab at me as I ran. I found a dark corner while I was running, and hid there. Many heartbeats later, the howls died down. I waited for a couple more heartbeats, calming down. I smelled the scent of prey. I followed it, hiding in the shadows once more. Then a huge swinging wooden thing in the air appeared in front of me, with stuff on it. This is what it looked like: “RABBIT PETTING ZOO”. I slunk in. Prey scent was everywhere!

I saw rabbits and mice everywhere. I narrowed my eyes because it was so bright. But my hunger had been ignored for so long, that it gave a loud rumble. I stalked forwards, leaping over a low brown wall. (Low fence keeping the rabbits in.) None of the upwalkers had seen me yet. In fact, the place I was in was really big, and I saw only mostly pups of the upwalkers. It still amazed me that the upwalkers were so clueless. I saw a severely plump rabbit in front of me. It hadn't noticed me yet. I stalked forward, and pounced. I killed it before it could make any noise. As I gulped it down, I also looked for anymore. I saw another one. It hadn't noticed me yet either. Again I killed it, my starvation gone as I gulped it down. I caught one more rabbit. Finally full, I jumped out of the low walls. I waited for the swinging thing to open again. I learned that if a wolf waits, the swinging thing will be opened by an upwalker. I jumped up and sprinted away when I heard more high pitched howls and fear scent from the upwalkers suddenly. I realized that there were weird upwalkers wearing green stuff on them with rope and big nets walking around. I ignored them though. I sniffed the air,  not sure what I was looking for. I smelled a very faint scent of….. Wolf!

I wanted to leap out of the shadows and howl my joy. But I knew I couldn't. I followed the wolf scent, until I found an forest area. I had ignored the weird animals I passed. I was overjoyed. I walked forwards, only to discover another clear thing. I decided to call the clear things I could see through but couldn't walk through fog. Fog was blocking my way from entering. But then a clear swinging thing (glass gate at the back of the wolf exhibit) opened, with an Upwalker of course, seemingly carrying the scent of meat, and I dashed through it. I was in the forest again, it smelled weird, but it was still the forest!! I sniffed the air. I saw many flashes of light and looked to the side. Upwalkers were staring at me, and they looked happy. They held small black rectangular things. Bright flashes came from them. I cocked my head and moved away. Again I sniffed. I smelled…… Snowfall! I howled so loud, I was sure the whole forest could hear me.

“SNOWFALL!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!????? ITS ME! MOONBERRY!” I heard an answering howl. It sounded so overjoyed, that I felt like howling my happiness forever.

I followed the source of the howl, running and dashing and leaping. I saw Snowfall dashing towards me. We rubbed against each other, and I could tell she was as overjoyed as I was.

“Where were you? I woke up and no one was in camp!!” I barely could get the words out past my joy.

“I don't know where we are. I was hunting with the whole pack when suddenly, these pink things were holding metal things that shot at us. I.. don't know what happened after. I just ended up here.” She barked. We rubbed against each other and breathed in each other's scents for a few moments longer. “You smell like rabbit!” Snowfall exclaimed.

“Yeah, I saw some very plump and dumb rabbits while exploring this place.” I replied. My words were a bit shaky though, my tail was still wagging, hard.

“Wow!” Snowfall said. “Do you know where the rest of the pack is?” She whimpered hopefully.

“No, you're the first wolf I found,” I whined. Snowfall just sighed. “Are there any other wolves that can help us in this area?” I asked.

“No, I think I'm the only one here. The weird pink things threw me in here.” She replied.

“We need to get out of here and find the rest of the pack!” I barked, jumping up. Snowfall agreed and we walked to the swingy thing. I waited. And waited. And waited.

“Are you sure we can get through?” Snowfall whined.

“I'm sure. It's how I got in.” I whined back. Finally, after many more heartbeats, the wooden swingy thing swung open. Snowfall and I rushed through, narrowly avoiding the sight line of the upwalker. The upwalker held a metal thing bursting with meat.

"That was close!" I panted.

"Yeah," Snowfall said. As I followed my scent out of the animal place and back to the shadows, I sighed. One packmate found, six left. I thought.

• Posted at:

-Joy

silvermist539

Again with the fast progression XD

Chapter 6

I stayed in front of Snowfall, because her white and gray fur didn't hide well in the shadows.

As we walked under the arch and left the weird animal place, I asked Snowfall, "Do you think our other packmates are in other places like this?"

"Yeah, maybe! We should just sniff out the other places, and we're sure to find them!" Snowfall yipped excitedly. I sniffed the air. I couldn't smell much, except for the smell that shadowmonsters left behind. As Snowfall and I walked together, I felt comforted by the companionship. We kept on walking. We came across another square that had the smell of animals like the white square building I had come across before.

"What happened to you? I was asleep most of the time for my journey here." Snowfall asked suddenly. As I explained what happened, Snowfall looked at me with awe. "Really? Wow! You had to go through that much just to find me?"

"Yes, but it will be worth it and was worth it when we find the rest of our pack, and when I found you." I replied.

I panted. Snowfall was thirsty and tired too.

"We've been traveling for days! When do you think we'll find another place like where I was?" Snowfall croaked.

"I don't know..." I trailed off. I saw a puddle. "Water!" I barked and ran forwards, Snowfall beside me. We lapped up the whole puddle. It wasn't sour, but didn't taste good. It kept Snowfall and I going though. As we walked, I could scent a familiar scent.....

"The place!" I barked. Snowfall scented it too and we both ran forwards. This one didn't have an arch, but had a hanging, wooden thing instead. It said, “San Diego Zoo”.We walked in, and I sniffed for the rabbit place again. "Let's hunt, we might not get a chance like this!"

"Okay," Snowfall agreed. When I found it, we both slunk in through the swinging thing when an upwalker pup and it’s parent walked through. The doorways in these places seemed big.  Again, the rabbits were in a small space blocked off by walls. There was another wood thing that had white stuff that said “Do not feed rabbits, please and thank you.”. I jumped in, and Snowfall did the same.

"The rabbits are so plump!" Snowfall exclaimed quietly. I nodded, and stalked forward. I killed a rabbit instantly, and shared it with Snowfall. She caught one too and we both shared hers together too. After two more rabbits, we slunk out once more, content and full enough.

I sniffed the air, hoping to find wolf-scent. There was none.

"There's no wolf scent," I whimpered. Snowfall whined. We left the place, luckily avoiding any upwalkers, and began another long journey to the next place. As we walked, the cold hardness of the ground hurting our paw pads, I heard a noise. Snowfall sniffed the air, while I looked around. I saw an animal, it smelled kind of like a wolf, but didn't look like one.

"Help me," it whimpered. Snowfall and I stared at it. I walked over.

"Are you a wolf?" I asked.

"N..no," it whimpered again.

"Then what are you?" Snowfall piped up.

"I'm a dog," it said.

"Oh," I said. I had heard about them from Mother. Mother. I whimpered.

"What's wrong?" Snowfall asked me.

"I was just thinking of Frostfur," I said briskly. I turned back to the dog.

"You don't look injured," I inquired.

"I'm not hurt, I'm lost." The dog said.

"Oh," I said again. "Where do you usually live then?"

"With my owner and house." It replied.

"What's an owner and house?" I asked curiously.

"You don't know?" It said, surprised. I nodded.

"Well... An owner is a someone that takes care of you.... And a house is a large wooden thing which you live in." The dog finished.

"Oh, so does that mean my pack is my... Owner?" Snowfall asked.

"What's a pack?" The dog questioned. "You don't know?!" I asked incredulously.

"No," it said. "But what are you anyway?" It asked.

"We're wolves," Snowfall said.

"Wolves? What are wolves?" The dog said.

"Umm....." I said. "Well, what are dogs? We don't really have an answer to that, and neither do you." I said.

"I guess." The dog said.

"Can't you just follow your scent backwards if you're lost?” I said.

"I can't smell my scent that well. " the dog said.

"I can smell it!" Snowfall said.

"You can?" The dog said, his tail wagging. Snowfall and I nodded.

"Follow us,". The scent lead us towards a big woode thing.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He barked, and ran to a swinging thing. He scratched at it, and an up walker came out. It looked very surprised but happy, and he opened the swinging thing wider, to which the dog walked in.

"Let's go back to finding another place. We should call it wolfplace." I said. Snowfall nodded and we both continued our journey. When night fell, we slept.

Snowfall and I followed the Thunderpath.

"Do you think that we'll find the rest of the pack?" Snowfall whined. It had been a moon since the Taking.

"We will!" I said determinedly.

"Okay...." Snowfall whimpered. I sniffed a scent of the Wolfplace.

"I can smell it!! I can smell it!!" I yipped. Snowfall didn't reply, just charged forward. I followed, seeing a small arch. I didn't see as many upwalkers as at the other wolfplaces.

"Let's hunt first" I said, even though Snowfall and I were already heading towards the rabbit place. We snuck in when a up walker opened the swinging thing.  Again, we hunted the rabbits and left. This time, I smelled wolf scent.

"I smell wolf!!" I barked quietly, not alarming the up walkers. Snowfall followed me. We came upon some Fog. As I found a swinging thing, Snowfall and I waited under a bush. Many heartbeats later, it swung open and a up walker with a metal thing with a hole in it that had the smell of meat walked out, while we darted in. I sniffed for any familiar scents. "I can smell Frostfur!!" I yelped. I howled, Snowfall joining in, "WHERE ARE YOU?! ITS US, MOONBERRY AND SNOWFALL" And we heard an answering howl in return.

We followed the scent, finding Frostfur in a small den. "Frostfur!" I yelped, charging towards her, with Snowfall behind me. I ran to her, and rubbed against her.

"Moonberry!" She cried, licking my face all over. She rubbed against Snowfall.

"I thought I'd never see you again!!" I barked, my tail wagging so hard it was a blur. I licked my Mother's face. "Let's get out of here!" I said and I walked back to the swinging thing. We waited, and it was getting dark. When it finally opened, a Upwalker walked in with meat. We darted out, and high-tailed it to the arch with the stuff on them. This one said, “Metelli Zoo”. I hadn't really looked at the last Wolfplace.

“Are you okay?” I asked Mother as we slowed.

“I'm fine. Where's your father?”

“I don't know,” I whimpered, and I told her about my journey and what had happened.

“I'm so proud of you,” Frostfur said as she licked me.

“We’ll find our pack, don't you worry.” We found a pile of bushes, and slept for the night.

We continued on our hard journey. I was starving, I had only eaten a mouse from this morning, and I could see the rest of the beginnings of my pack were hungry too. As I walked into a gorse bush, I smelled a young upwalker. It saw me, and held out its paw. I backed away, warning Snowfall and Frostfur with a bark. We ran with the energy we had left, and almost fell into a stream. Everyone gulped it down thirstily. As we drank, I heard a rustle in the bushes and looked up. A small, scrawny dog was glaring at me.

“Ummm…. Hi?” I said cautiously. Frostfur looked up and stood beside me. Snowfall did the same.

“Get out!” It growled. I growled back, raising my hackles.

“Why?” I barked back. I could see the dog’s sharp, yellow teeth.

“This is MY territory!” It barked, barking louder when he said ‘my’. Frostfur paced forward, and snapped at the dog’s side, narrowly avoiding fur and flesh. The dog yelped, although Frostfur’s bite was a show of dominance, not attack. She backed away, growling, to my side again. The dog pounced forward, and sunk his teeth into my back. He was small, but his thorn sharp teeth dug into my flesh. As I turned quickly, throwing the dog off, Snowfall pounced on the dog, biting and scratching. The dog was tougher than I thought though. He got back up, and leaped onto Frostfur. It clawed at her fur, and bit her neck. I snarled leaping forward and biting it's neck. It fell to the ground, barely alive. I growled, and it crawled away with a last look of menace. Frostfur was still.

I ran over to her, and saw a deep gash on her neck.  Her eyes were closed, and I could tell her breathing was shallow.

“Frostfur! Get up!” I whined, licking her wound. Frostfur opened her eyes.

“I'll be okay,” she said, struggling upward. When she stood up, I called Snowfall over, who was licking her wounds. Snowfall walked up and helped me heave Frostfur into the bushes. Although it was still day, we slept in the bushes. In the morning, I got up and looked at Frostfur's wound to see if it was healing. It looked the same as before, if not slightly smaller. I licked at it, and Snowfall woke up.

“I'm going hunting,” she whispered, not disturbing Frostfur as she slept. I nodded and kept licking to clean Mother’s wound. After a few heartbeats, Frostfur opened her eyes.

“Go hunt. I can lick it.” She said as she fondly looked at me.

“Okay,” I said, “But make sure you don't open the wound anymore.”

I walked away, and listened for prey. I smelled the air, and found a faint scent of… Something. It smelled slightly of elk, but not quite. I followed the scent, and came upon a deer. Mother had told me of these things, that had been in the forest she used to live in. The deer had antlers, like a bull elk. This can feed our whole group! I thought as I stalked carefully forwards. I looked at the deer’s featured again though. The antlers were small, it didn't look full grown. I knew that young elk could be fast, so I stalked even more carefully when I got close range, I stalked a few more pawsteps and pounced. The deer looked up as I pounced. I leaped onto its neck, and bit down as hard as I could. The deer threw me off, and started running, I chased it, glad that it stumbled on a root.

Again, when I got close enough I pounced, and bit it neck again. The deer threw me off again, and turned. To face me. It lowered its antlers, like a bull elk, and charged. I dodged to the side, leaping again, and landed on the deer for the final time. As I bit it, it fell, dead. After a few moments, I dragged it back to the bush my Mother was in. She looked up. She looked at me, surprised.

“You caught a deer?” She asked.

“Yes, here have some.” As I ripped off a piece, Snowfall walked in, carrying a rabbit and mouse.

“Wow! What is that?” She exclaimed, looking at the deer. As we shared the meal, we all felt full again.

As we laid side by side, licking each other, a howl was heard and it was a wolf howl, far, far into the distance. “Where are yoouuu” it howled mournfully. “That sounds like a wolf!” I said and got up. Frostfur stood up too, her strength slowing regaining. Snowfall pricked her ears. “Its coming from that way!” She swerved her ears to the right. We followed Snowfall out into the open. Frostfur stretched and Snowfall started walking closer to a Thunderpath. I followed close behind Frostfur, who was walking with a limp. As we walked, I saw a small speck in the distance. I couldn't see any features, it looked like a tiny flea. It slowly got bigger, as Snowfall signaled us to go faster. Now it looked like a beetle. It turned towards us, loping. As it got closer to us, we could see it was a wolf. It didn't look like a wolf from the Nahakra Pack.

As it appeared in front of us, it barked, “Finally! Another wolf! My name is Bluestripe. Do you know where we are? I woke up in a tiny den with barely any light, and when I broke out, the land was moving very quick and my fur kept flying forwards with wind. I jumped out.”

“I don't know,” I said, a bit untrusting. The stranger’s posture was friendly, but he was a wolf I'd never seen.

“I remember too! I was in a tiny den with a huge pink thing carrying me. I banged on the sides, but it wouldn't let me go!” Snowfall piped up. The two nodded, and Bluestripe said,” Can I join your group? I left my pack to start my own pack. But….. You know.”

“Well….” I looked at Frostfur, hoping that she would make the decision. Frostfur shook her head.

“This is your decision. You are becoming a great leader, and you will need to make your own decisions when you leave our pack to start your own. You can choose to stay with ours, but I can tell that the spirit within you is too strong-willed and impatient for that.” She looked a bit sad at her last sentence, but shook out her fur.

“O-Okay….” I stuttered. “Um… Well… I-I guess you could join us.” I barked hesitatingly.

“Okay!” Bluestripe replied.

“Where to now though? I don't really know where we are.” I said.

“Well, I was in the Amethyst Mountain area, walking away from my former pack, but I don't know where we are either.

“We came from the Slough Creek area.” Frostfur said.

“Where is th-” Bluestripe was cut off as I said suddenly, “Let's get moving. We need to find Father, Owlfeather, Foxleap, and Redwood!” We all nodded, remembering why we were there. We started following the Thunderpath near us, left.

• Posted at:

-Joy