Thumbnail avatar 0e02e48a1f

turquoisepegasus48

Ahahaha... I want to read stories, and also possibly create OCs. So this combines everything into one.

I'll explain prizes first.

First Place - Two OCs from any fandom that I am knowledgeable in. I will also draw any OC of your choosing and put them on my DeviantArt. (TurquoisePegasus48)

Second Place - Two OCs from any fandom I am knowledgeable in.

Third Place - One OC from any fandom I am knowledgeable in.

Fourth Place - An OC mention in any fanfiction I am currently writing. (A whole four. One I am working on consistently, one is a free-project, one is an off-and-on story posted on WoF, and the final I haven't actually started yet but have an idea and sort of plot-idea for it.)

Fifth Place - I will answer one random question that is not prying into my personal, off the forum life.

Their are four categories you can win in. You can only enter once in one category.

Category One - An apocalypse story. Can be any length, and any type of apocalypse.

Category Two - A winter story! Any length, any time during the winter~!

Category Three - For my pure enjoyment, category three is Hetalia stories. I know very few people on the forums that have outwardly expressed enjoyment in it, so not many people will write them, but... It's Hetalia. I had to put it in here.

Category Four - Undertale stories. I love Undertale. (Note: If you do an AU, tell me the AU and where I can find information about it)

Anyways, I do have rules.

If you have copied a story from someone else, you are disqualified.

Mary Sues will be incinrated, and/or thrown into the void for Gaster to deal with.

Please don't just take an existing story-plot and put your OC into it. Like, honestly, that's annoying and not very creative.

Just to humor me, tell me your least favorite thing about Christmas.

Entry Form -

Username:
Nickname:
Category:
Title:

Story:

I'll be grading on originality, partially on plot, partially on how much I enjoy it, and a small percentage on how well-written it is. (For instance, if you can't bother to use punctuation during your stories, unless you have an incredibly detailed story, you aren't winning a prize.

Also, credit to anyone who has done this before.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ALEX (Silver/Eevee) Lunice-Ignorè-Argentum-Moonhaven

SAMBer&WoFMBer

QueenOfEvilPlotsFadingOutOfThreadsSprayingOthersW/Lemonade&Shruggles

#TanenTheDementorLives#AwkwardGreyPanromanticAsexual

BasicallyMyBlog@/191659(SA)

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

Thumbnail avatar e961bf81d0

flashphoenix9

This sounds so fun! I really would do it, but I am too busy writing other things for school.

• Posted at:

FLASH

QUEER PRIDE :D

PINOY PRIDE

i am queer and half asian and i love hedgehogs and tacos weee

STOP HOMOPHOBIA IN RPs

HATELOVE

Thumbnail avatar b39d66e038

silverwolf6702

Username: @Silverwolf6702
Nickname: Allie
Category: 2
Title: Operation Snowflake
Story: can I add it later?

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Thumbnail avatar

melancholycat28

Username:Melancholycat28

Nickname:Melancholy

Category:category two/one? It's about a gingerbread zombie apocalypse 

Title:Ginger-dead

Story:Still working on it;)

• Posted at:

DEH MELANCHOLY WUZ HERE

"You're a wizard, Percy"

-Dovewing the Divergent (The Giver: Hollow City)

Hi, im not dead

5-30-14

Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

Entry Form -

Username: icewolf2513
Nickname: Stargazer
Category: One
Title: Stay Calm...

Story: Go on WoF. The thread number is /251023. Hope you enjoy it. It has a reasonable amount of blood, shipping, and twistedness. ^^

Plz let this through!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

Ruler of winged wolves and lions

They/Them

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven86and3,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

turquoisepegasus48

Yes, you can submit stories at a later date.

I forgot to mention, but I will give out critique on the stories I get (if you want it, that is). I'll also point out a few things I enjoyed.

I'll give my comments when I announce the winners.

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

Thumbnail avatar 2c96756161

robineyes9

Bookmarking... Sign me up!

• Posted at:

Sea*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'**'・*:.。..。.:*・゜゚・* 

Thumbnail avatar 2c96756161

robineyes9

Wait shoot I miss read one of the catagories... nevermind... maybe

• Posted at:

Sea*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'**'・*:.。..。.:*・゜゚・* 

silverwolf6702

Please pass mods, please

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

silverwolf6702

Snowflake Wanderer (I forgot the original title, it was originally Snowflake Wanderer)

Jordan bit her lip as she stared out of the frosted window. Gently flakes were starting to fall down, but she could tell that it would soon turn into a blizzard. The dark clouds on the horizon were proof of that, creeping over the plains. Jordan gazed feverishly across the fields. There was no sight of a horse or of a person. She turned away from window and went to the kitchen table. Alex would come back. She was only taking a trip to the small town less then 5 miles away for some provisions. Yet... she had left over 4 hours ago, not to mention she was riding a horse. Still... Jordan took a deep breath.

" Calm down," she told herself outloud. " Freaking out isn't going to get Alex here anytime sooner. Besides, she works with the royal horses and is one of the best riders in the kingdom." Jordan grabbed a smooth, silver laced ribbon and used it to pull back her greasy brown hair. Her brown eyes scanned the cabin with the same intensity as the window. Why not do some cleaning? The fire would need more wood, not to mention she needed to clean up the ashes that fell in front of the fire place. Jordan scrambled to find a bucket, a broom, water and soap, and a cloth. She set all of the items neatly on the cobblestone floor, next to the fireplace.

" The fire seems to be dying," she said. " So I won't have to worry about being burned-" A sharp knock repeated itself on the door, nearly making Jordan jump. She caught her breath before leaning the broom against the wall. As she took a step, Jordan turned back and grabbed the broom, for safety measures. Jordan was halfway to the door when the sharp knocked repeated, in the same manner as before.

" HELLO," Jordan called out. To her puzzlement, a high pitched whistled followed in reponse. She rolled her eyes as she gripped the handle. It was obviously the wind rolling over the roof or the chimney. As she pulled the door open, the whistle faded into a voice. The door opened fully, to reveal a rather short and slender figure standing at the steps. This stranger wore rather dull blue clothing that seemed to cover everything, except black gloves, which had the fingers cut off. Slowly, the figure looked up at her.

" Do you need help," Jordan asked carefully. It was a stranger, and Alex told her to be cautious around strangers. Still, what if this person needed her help? For a few moments nothing was said between them. The only thing that change was the rate of which the snowflakes fell, and Jordan noted to herself that it- it- it had increased rather quickly.

Jordan asked," Did your horse trip-"

" No." Jordan's eyes widened. The statement was very brief, and the sound that came out of the stranger was monotone. It was difficult to tell by voice alone if it was male or female. Jordan shook her head.

" I'm sorry, I'm just really confused-" The stranger's head started to move up, and then it stopped. It's face was covered in the cloth, with no holes for the eyes, nose, or mouth. And it appeared like the stranger was staring her in the face. Jordan gulped nervously," Why. . . Why, are you here?"

The stranger pointed to the distance," You sense storm? Dangerous, big, threatening?"

" Yes-"

" Good. It means that you and family and people will be spared, saved, protected in area." She furrowed her eyebrows. What did this stranger meant? It didn't help that the grammar of the stranger was difficult, but from what she gathered they were saying that Jordan and everyone who lived in this area would be safe from the storm. Deep within her thoughts, the stranger let out another whistled. Jordan could hear a high pitch sound in the distance from her thoughts. That was the stranger! She shook her head back into reality, but found the stranger to be gone. In it's place was heavy falling snow, with inches already piling on the ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

" Jordan. . . Jordan, are you awake?" Jordan gasped as cold hands grabbed her. She looked up and found her sister standing over her, her clothes littered with snow. Jordan scrambled up and took deep breaths from the sudden movement.

Jordan panted," But, I thought you were in the village?"

Alex set her coat down on a chair next to the table. She walked over and sat on a the other side of the couch. " I was, but I was on my way back when the weather started to turn bad. . ." She trailed off and started at her hands. 

" So what happened, when things turned bad?"

" I don't know Jordan. I was riding back at a decent pace, before the snow picked up. Then all of a sudden, there is this silver cloud that passed through the sky. It was lighter than the other clouds and stood out, so it was easy to spot. Following that cloud was a jet of snow... for a second, I thought it was-"

Jordan held her breath," The what-?"

" The Snowflake Wanderer," Alex blurted. " Anyways, I started to pick up the pace, but my horse slipped and I fell into a lake. But then... something pulled me out, and the horse too. I was too shocked from the events to see who it was, and they were long gone. But when I got back onto my horse, I wasn't freezing."

" What is the Snowflake Wanderer?"

Alex answered," The Snowflake Wanderer is just a local legend. The most common story is that it is a spirit that takes the form of a small human. It communicates to other spirits through high pitched whistles, yet it can speak a little bit of English. The spirit can supposedly sense the Winter Awakened-" Jordan looked at her sister confused, and Alex stopped. " Awakened being a human with the powers of one of the four seasons."

" Anyways," she continued. " It's just a fairy tale, the Awakened are only myth, and the most recent stories have dates over hundred years ago. The Snowflake Wanderer is just a myth."

Jordan drew out," Right..."

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

I beg of you, please tell me everything you thought of mine... ((I add onto it almost daily. O_O))

Plz let this through!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

Ruler of winged wolves and lions

They/Them

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven86and3,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

Thumbnail avatar bc6593dcf1

chessdragon255

Username: chessdragon255

Name: Jo

Category: 1

Title: Yerathiel

Story: incomplete

• Posted at:

Returning to the SAMB after a two-year-long hiatus. I hope to start anew here after a long hiatus, and say hi to old and new friends. 

Lesbian // 14 years of age // Demigirl // Loves D&D // Lucid Dreamer 

turquoisepegasus48

Alright then, Stargazer, I won't hold back when I post my comments.

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

silverwolf6702

teleport

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

turquoisepegasus48

*just realized how busy I'll be on the 25th*

Ehhh... Expect the results around noon-ish on the 26th...

Also guys why do I only have two complete entries... Their is no competition because they're both in separate categories...

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

bookmark

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

Queen of colorrabbits, and much more

Pink fluffeh unicorns dancing orainbows!!

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

Goodbye everyone... it was good while it lasted. I'll always remember you, SAMB.

Thumbnail avatar 3d964f0417

paintingsobek1

bookmark

• Posted at:

NiGhT

Book nerd

Greencloak

Freshman

Gamer

Gang master

FLUFFEH!

If you need me, talk to me, I will lend an ear for you

#MakeSAMBGreatAgain

Thumbnail avatar d657ea036f

aquaraven142

Username: Aquaraven142

Nickname: Seeker

Category: 1

Title: Pure Blood

Story: Coming soon!

• Posted at:

}Seeker-Katherine-Hart-Traitares{

SAMBer since 2016

#Seeter

#SwimmerLife

Waffle=Twin

King Keith's official bodyguard/knight

Gang: Tara Zack Aaron Violet Amber Penny Ally Colin Nira Robin Ashton Sterling

Thumbnail avatar db756fcab7

artkitten320

Bookmark

• Posted at:

∆ Icicle

nerd | musical trash | INTJ-T | scorpio

"Now it's time to say goodbye

To the things we loved....

How the time seemed to fly."~RWBY

Thumbnail avatar 5bb7beacad

dogdragon5840

What is OC?

• Posted at:

Remember we are family!

turquoisepegasus48

OC - Original Character

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

Thumbnail avatar d3a59d09ec

ravenfairy134

Username: ravenfairy134

Nickname: Mayari

Category: 4

Title: A New Life

Story: (FEMALE) Frisk completes the True Pacifist Run on Christmas Eve. (In this story, the time outside the game reflects the time inside.) She goes to the patch of flowers at the start of the game, where Asriel is, calls to Chara, and gives Chara her SOUL as a gift of a new life. (Heavily inspired by Dreemurr Reborn)

• Posted at:

morningstar

who can say if i've been changed for the better, but

because i knew you

i have been changed

for good    

paalam at salamat, samb.

coming back for a bit, but don't count on it

(translation: goodbye and thank you, samb.)

ravenfairy134

You know what? I'm bored, so I'll post the story right now.

A New Life--Part 1

Frisk rode on the boat with the River Person, deep in thought.

Is this the right thing? said one part of her.

Yes it is, Frisk. Stay positive. said the other part.

"But it's hard to stay positive when you're about to die." she said under her breath.

"Tra la la. Sometimes you have to take risks for others." said the River Person.

Frisk froze. Did he hear? Or does he have some sort of telekinetic ability?

He said nothing else.

She calmed down. For the twelfth time, she concentrated on reaching a part of her head. A part which told her what to do when fighting monsters, a part which told her what everything was in this world.

I'm coming, she told it.

They arrived in Snowdin.

"Tra la la. Come again some time." said the River Person.

Frisk thanked the River Person, and went on through Snowdin, greeting the shopkeepers and monsters along the way. So they get a chance to see me before I...yeah.

She didn't look back after that. She kept going forward until the door.

"tori said to go check on you." said a familiar voice.

Frisk turned around.

"you seem pretty preoccupied. what is it?" asked Sans.

• Posted at:

morningstar

because i knew you

i have been changed

for good    

paalam at salamat, samb.

ravenfairy134

(I'm on my sister's IPad right now please excuse font)

Sorry Eevee, I don't think I can do this. I was thinking about the story and it turns out almost exactly like another story I read called Redemption, and I don't think I have time to make another form. Sorry.

• Posted at:

morningstar

because i knew you

i have been changed

for good    

paalam at salamat, samb.

Thumbnail avatar

melancholycat28

I just realized how late this is! Sorry. BTW my least favorite part of christmas is having a gathering with a lot of people and drama

Ginger-undead, by Melancholy

Gerrard the ginger bread man peeked outside his frosted window. 

"Are-are they gone?" whispered his wife, Ginnifer. She was hovering over Gen, their son.  

Outside the house lay the ruins of their neighbor's ginger houses. What was left was suffocated by the grotesque green filth. The other ginger men and women were nowhere to be seen. The green ginger-zombies were gone.

Gerrard was silent for several moments. "Yes." 

Gen burst out in tears. "Daddy, I'm scared!" 

Gerrard wrapped his round arms around his iced head. He had the same sweet golden hair as his parents. "Ssshhhh, you're okay, I'll protect you."

Ginnifer shrieked. "The Mold, it's got the entire block! Their coming for us now, aren't they?" Her red lips curled into a despairing half-circle.

He wished he could say something, reassure his family that they were safe. But they all knew they weren't. It was only a matter of time before the ginger-zombies were back. But this time it wasn't going to be one of their neighbors houses. It was going to be them. The last gingerbread-house on the block. As soon as there slimy stumps even skimmed the frosting, it would turn a florescent, hideous green. Then it would slowly spread, until it touched them. It would disintegrate their bodies first, and next their minds. They would lose any touch of their ginger-humanity and then become...GINGER-ZOMBIES.  

Knowing he was the one who would have to put on a brave, he rose from the window and stood straight. "We are not going down today. At least without a fight. Ginnifer, barricade the doors with those candy twizzlers. Gen, bring in the gumdrops! I swear by the yellow frosting on my head that I won't let my family die."

They formed a small fortress with sweet furniture in the corner. 

"Daddy? I-I can hear them," Gen whimpered. A moan came from outside the door. Their heavy broken legs scrapped the door. 

"SSSSHHHHHKKKKRRRRREEEEEE"

His father nodded, and from behind his back, he pulled a gun. As he loaded his gun with M&Ms, Ginnifer pulled out a sharpened candy cane. 

"Gerrard, whatever happens today, remember that I love you. And our child." They all huddled closer to eachother. 

At the door there was a strong, THUMP, THUMP, CLANG, scraping. The twizzlers quivered and shook, and then snapped. The door crumbled. 

"SSHHKKKREEE!!!" Mutilated, green forms dragged themselves into the gingerbread house. Behind them, they left a trail of Mold.

"GINGER-ZOMBIES!" Gen screamed. 

Suddenly, one of them leaped into their fortress. It was so close that the rotten smell touched their faces. It had jagged arms and crooked frosting. It was out for their sugar. The undead ginger-man screeched it's terrible cry. 

They scrambled away. But their son was too late. It snatched him with his green arm.

"MOMMY HELP!"

"SKREE!" it screamed.

"Gen, no!" Ginnifer cried. Before, he could stop her, she leaped from her fortress wielding her pointed candy cane.

Gerrard scurried after her. "Wait!"

Without looking back, his wife shoved the zombie to the ground and grabbed Gen. She held her weapon above it's neck and drove it down. Where she stabbed, green goo sprung up. It screeched one last time and fell still. 

Gerrard fired shots across the room. Their was at least two dozen. He tried not to think about who they once were. His friends, his colleagues, families. 

No, they're gone. They're not alive, but not dead either. Ginger-undead.

"No, Mommy!!" Gen shouted. His mother had fallen over him. Gerrard rushed over to her.

"No no no no no." He turned over. Green was splattered over his chest, and it was spreading. She lifted her head.

"What-what is it?" She looked down. "Oh my gosh." She grabbed both their faces. Ginger-zombies groaned around them.

Gerrard took her hand. "We can fix this, okay? We can-" Ginnifer cut him off. "Listen to me. I don't...have much-much time left." Her breathing was shallow and labored.

"Listen to me. I love you. Don't forget that." She gasped and screamed. The green was already down to her feet

"GINNIFER! NO! Please don't leave us." Gerrard grabbed her green hand. "Please..." 

But he was too late. Not an inch of her ginger was ginger. 

"NOOOO! Mom! Mommy wake up!" Gen through himself over his mother. He started shaking. "She's moving!" he gasped.

"Wait, Gen, no-" He was late again. His undead wife was now a ginger-zombie. She leaped up, and stumbled towards him. "Please, Ginni, it's me. It's Gerrard." 

He rose his gun. "Don't make me do this." 

But he couldn't do it. He didn't have to. Because he and Gen were completely surrounded by ginger-zombies. 

"Daddy! Daddy! We're trapped!" Gen squealed in fear. 

"Gen, it's okay. Close your eyes." Gerrard hugged his son. "Good-bye. I love you."

They embraced eachother, and closed their eyes. 

And together, their whole family became...GINGER-UNDEAD.

• Posted at:

DEH MELANCHOLY WUZ HERE

"You're a wizard, Percy"

-Dovewing the Divergent (The Giver: Hollow City)

Hi, im not dead

5-30-14

turquoisepegasus48

All entries coming after this are no longer counted.

So, I'm just judging all the entries as one catgory.

Also, I've also redone the prizes, as there was a whopping three entries submitted completed.

First Place: Two OCs from any fandom I am knowledgeable in.

Second Place: One OC from any fandom i'm knowledgeable in.

Third Place: I will answer one random question that is not prying into my personal, off the forum life.

First Place is Melancholy's Ginger-dead.

Second Place goes to Allie's Winter Wanderer.

Third Place goes to Stargazer's Stay Calm...

Critique/Comments:

Melancholy - Hmm. I rather like this, it's an interesting twist on your average zombie apocalypse. I appreciate that you let this take a darker twist and let all the characters become undead. I like the description of the way this “Mold” works, but I wish you had described the characters a bit more. I couldn't really tell what they looked like (what they were wearing, the color of their eyes?), but I could sense how they acted, so you did good on that. A problem is that you used a lot of small sentences, which, to me, made it seem a bit choppy. Their was also a bit of a contradiction - they were holding the mother's green hand, but it said it spread by contact, as soon as it touched them? Other than that, I really like the story.

Allie - Intriguing. It seems like the start to a multi-chapter story, and I like the characters. They interact easily, like sisters that got along would act. You've also paragraphed and spaced the story very well. My only problem with this is that it feels... Jagged. It needs backstory, which would make sense if it's only a part of a story. My other problem is that their are just a few spelling mistakes here and there (nothing big, not really noticeable unless you're me and search for errors). I also can't quite tell what position you're writing.

Stargazer - I definitely enjoy the story idea. It's something I haven't quite seen before. The plot is also detailed so far, which I appreciate. It's very well written, although rather mysterious. I feel rather detached from the story, though, you can't really tell the emotions in it. So it's a bit dry, as well as the fact that the story moves too fast for my liking. There is little to know character description, and little mention of how things look (although you get better at this in the latter parts of the story). I can't tell where it's taking place, though, or where everyone but the main character is. You mentioned a large group, and then they all seem to have faded out of existence. Finally, the characters seem rather unrealistic in how they deal with the challenges they are thrown. I'd suggest thinking over how the characters act, and perhaps using more descriptive words to show how the characters feel.

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

silverwolf6702

Cool, thanks for the feed back!

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Thumbnail avatar c8bcdbf457

moonlightwitch87

This looks really cool. I will read the stories later, but I don't have time right now

• Posted at:

Moon/Cypress

Shadowhunter

Daughter of Athena

Knowledge is a weapon, I intend to be well armed

Impossible is spelled im possible

Sometimes I forget that I can hurt you. That you are capable of being hurt

silverwolf6702

Sorry about the confusion, I kinda wrote and posted it without editing it.

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

silverwolf6702

Will there be another writing contest that you will hold?

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

silverwolf6702

Just curious

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Thumbnail avatar 6947853dac

dolphinbutterfly1060

can u make another contest? I make awesome OC's! I also love writing. THX!!! If so can I be included on the next one?

• Posted at:

A s h

ι' σνє уσυ fσяєνєя αи α αу

Don't put wings on me...I'm no angel.

#Luken and #Jacli

silverwolf6702

^^^

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Thumbnail avatar 0e294bc7a0

silvermist539

Username: Silvermist539
Nickname: Joy
Category: Awww does it HAVE to be one of the categories? Can there be an animal one as well? If not, that's okay.
Title: A Wolf's Life

Story: Too long will post later

• Posted at:

-Joy

The world is quiet here. The SAMB soon will be too. 

I'll miss everyone, and I love you all. 

Wherever you're headed, good luck. 

Thumbnail avatar 0645e906c7

dolphinkitten603

I would like to enter my story, but i do not know how to copy and paste it onto other forums! Please tell me how, and i have 3 chapters.

• Posted at:

Skye

Soccer is the best sport alive

Singer & trombone player

Kinda crazy sometimes lol

I talk too much XD

Thumbnail avatar 285f83a107

bullbulldog1775

You do realize that this contest is over?

• Posted at:

Swiftstar  Random Eternal Flame Histerian

Everyon iBeautiful in God's eyes

Swiftbreeze

Sweetfeather

Duskpelt

Dawnfur

Flamepelt

Brokenwind

Scarear

Flamefoot

Cinderwhisker

Yay Still unshipped

Thumbnail avatar 0e294bc7a0

silvermist539

oh... XD

• Posted at:

-Joy

The world is quiet here. The SAMB soon will be too. 

I'll miss everyone, and I love you all. 

Wherever you're headed, good luck. 

silverwolf6702

It's okay

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator