Which theories do you agree with?

Thumbnail avatar 72f61c2722

magicsheep5

Hey guys! I just wanted to share with you a few theories I've had about the Marvel Cinemactic Universe. Make sure you star this post if you agree with me and comment if you have thoughts. First up is the THANOS theory.  I apologize for copying this off of the Internet, but it's really good. The theory is that each of the letters in the name THANOS stands for either the name of the Infinity Stone or the original location of one of the Infinity Stones, NOT the current location. O = Orb, for the Power stone. S = Scepter, for the Mind stone. A = Aether, for the reality stone. T = Tesseract, for the space stone. N = Necklace, or Eye of Agamotto, for the time stone. Now, I have a theory about the "H" which is still undetermined. I think it stands for Himdal, the guardian of the Bifrost on Asgard. If you pay really close attention in any one of the Thor movies, you would see that Himdal's eyes are orange, the same color as the soul stone will be. Now, I know the soul stone will be orange because in Guardians of the Galaxy when the Collector explains to them about the Infinity Stones, it shows one Infinity Stone for each color of the rainbow (except indigo). Simple proccess of elimination will show that the soul stone is orange. The Tesseract is blue, the Aether is red, the Mind Stone is yellow, the Eye of Agamotto is green, and the Power stone is purple, leaving only orange for the soul stone. Why does it matter that Himdal's eyes are orange, you might ask? Well, when Ronan infuses himself with the power stone in Guardians of the Galaxy, his eyes turn purple. The Vision also has yellow eyes, if you noticed. Plus, Himdal always talks about being able to see souls.

Now onto the Loki theory. This one has less evidence to support it than the Himdal and THANOS theory. The Loki theory states that Loki is the one that is going to be collecting the Infinity Stones for Thanos, and in exchange, Thanos will help Loki with the thing on the top of Loki's to do list...killing Thor. He gave him the scepter to get the Tesseract, but that didn't work out. Now, assuming nothing in Thor: Ragnorok will affect this, as of when this was posted, we all know what happened at the end of Thor: The Dark World. Loki's sitting on the throne of Asgard, impersonating Odin. Assuming Loki did something that would at least temporarily put Odin out of the way, Loki is "Odin" for at least a few weeks, which is just enough time to convince Himdal to give up the Soul stone and take the Tesseract out of Asgard's treasury. But, given Loki's need to be a show-off, he probably won't be able to be "Odin" for very long before he reveals himself to Thor, just to spite him. So he'll have to resist temptation at least until he has the Tesseract and the soul stone. Also, if you listen very carefully during the end cut scene of Doctor Strange, you'll hear that Thor mentions something about him and Loki looking for Odin in New York city, which also happens to be where S.H.I.E.L.D. is headquartered. Hint: Loki is going for the Mind Stone. And while Loki is already on Earth, why not just pick up the Eye of Agamotto from the Hong Kong Sanctum while he's there? Doctor Strange seeing Loki as a threat might be foreshadowing Loki being a threat to Doctor Strange or something important to him. Hint: the something important to him is the Eye of Agamotto. This theory also relies on the assumption that Thanos hired the Collector to help him get the Infinity Stones, which would make sense, considering he was willing to pay a sum worth about $3,000,000,000 in units for the power stone, which would mean that Thanos already has the Aether. Even if the Collector isn't working for Thanos, all it would take to get the Aether from the Collector would be a rather large sum of credits; but nothing Thanos can't handle. Make sure you realize that Thor: Ragnorok is the final movie Disney is making before Avengers: Infinity War, so it's Thanos' last chance to collect the stones before the big phase three finale. So, if Loki can manage to get the soul stone from Himdal and the Tesseract from Asgard's treasury before the beginning of Thor: Ragnorok, which is when we're assuming Thor finds out Odin is missing, then manage to kill the Vision and take the mind stone, steal the Eye of Agamotto from the Hong Kong Sanctum, and then bring all four back to Thanos so he can put them in the Infinity Gauntlet and destroy the world, we might have ourselves quite the movie. Oh! I almost forgot about the Power Stone. Assuming that the premise of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is that they go and try to find Peter's father and baby Groot tries to blow them all up with an atomic bomb a whole bunch of times, that leaves the Power Stone relatively unguarded in the Nova treasury. That would make it relatively easy for someone like Loki, who can make illusions, to simply create the illusion that he's not there, slip past the guards, and steal the Power Stone right under the Nova Prime's nose. Again, the whole thing is pretty simple if you can connect the dots and fill in the blanks.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

LOKI LAUFEYSON IS AWESOME!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

magicsheep5

Sorry, I think I spelled Himdal wrong...it's supposed to be Heimdall, so I apologize for that.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

Thumbnail avatar 64bdfe88b4

elfbulldog81

THAT... was very impressive. *claps*

*applauds* 

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

Nor will I forget all who took the road with me.

To these memories I will hold

With your blessing I will go.

I bid you all a very fond farewell."

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

It's not really that hard to predict what will happen if you can find a way to connect the dots to form an outcome that's both suspenseful and accurate. I think I may have messed up with the location of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secret base. Has its location been revealed yet? I thought it was.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

I don't know, but I know I wouldn't have been able to think them up!

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

I just came up with the Loki and Heimdall theories. I found the THANOS theory online.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

I know, but still!

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

Thumbnail avatar 2c96756161

robineyes9

Loki doesn't want Thor dead. Loki wants Thor to kneel. Loki wants the Throne of Asgaurd. And maybe that might have been the trade for earth but I have a different idea. Thanos was controlling him during the battle in the Avengers so he sought out the Hulk because knocking him senseless was the only thing that could eventually break the control. Why else did Loki look in such poor health? He was pale and waxy and could hardly function. We all saw him collapse into the back of a truck panting right? That's what happened to Loki. Thanos found him, tortured him into submission, and turned him into a pawn. This is where the "freedom is a great lie" comes from because it was beaten out of him. That's also why he is a little crazy because he was again, tortured. Also we all know his eyes are green, yet his eyes where blue. Loki purposely failed. Where was he banished from sort of? Asgaurd. And by failing where is he being returned to? Asgaurd. Loki played Thor like a fiddle even in his state.

Also by putting Loki in a cage he would be safe and have time to formulate a plan of escape. The dark elves coming just brought about his escape faster than he expected. So when Kurse came he knew the only way for him to get out was if Asgaurd was in a state of chaos so he told Kurse where the sheild control was AGAIN THE SHIELD not where his mother was...we saw Kurse turn the wall off, then he met up with Malekith who went after Jane. So it wasn't Loki's fault his mom died. So for the people who think it was his fault it wasnt. Once in a state of chaos Loki probably had a plan but when Thor came in need of help he got out even faster. Then he knew he had to eliminate himself from the equation. The only way Loki would talk free was if he was presumed dead. So Loki played along until he wasn't needed anymore. He did actually get stabbed I think since illusions disperse when you touch them but I think he had healing stone like Thor had in the first movie he used in a deleted sene. That or it was just a good illusion. Regardless he faked his death/got really lucky.

What happened in Thor the DW still is very fuzzy because we've yet to see Ragnarok where we will probably get some answers because Thor will be like "Loki how in the nine realms are you alive! I watched you die!". Anyways when Thor is leaving the palace with Loki before hand he takes the form of a guard. The same guard who brings Odin the news of Loki's "death". Loki has done something to Odin....and we know that Thor and Loki aren't fighting the whole movie because of the clips we saw of them filming in Australia (I think that's where). All we know about what happens next is Loki sort of makes a deal with the devil (Hela) and it probably goes south for him and him and Thor have to go get Odin to defeat her and somehow the Hulk and Thor face off to save Asgaurd...I'm so confused about Ragnarok.

So I basically explained Loki's deal, or at least what I think happened. Also the whole Loki being controlled by Thanos might leave the opportunity for Loki to fight with the Avengers, Thor, Sif and the Warriors 3, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange ect, against Thanos (aka the redemption all of us want for Loki) or with Thanos because of his prior brainwashing/control.

^^^^

Sorry for the long post

MODS PLEASE LET THIS POST

• Posted at:

Sea*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'**'・*:.。..。.:*・゜゚・* 

Thumbnail avatar 2c96756161

robineyes9

bump?

• Posted at:

Sea*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'**'・*:.。..。.:*・゜゚・* 

elfbulldog81

@Sea: :O :D "(a.k.a. the redemption we always wanted for Loki.)" D': LOKI'S AWESOME JUST THE WAY HE IS! (but, seriously though, you just made me so happy, Sea. :) I always say that Loki's misunderstood and YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT! :D *hugs*)

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

You're not wrong about the part about Loki wanting Thor to kneel, but Thor is obviously never going to do that, based on the quote below:

Loki: [on Jane] Say goodbye.
Thor: Not this day!
Loki: This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing! It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you.
Thor: And will that satisfy you?
Loki: Satisfaction's not in my nature!
Thor: Surrender's not in mine!

The only way Loki might be able to get Thor to kneel and give up the throne is if he is able to imprison Jane Foster and threaten to kill her if he doesn't kneel.

Nor am I denying that Thanos was controlling Loki. With Loki being how he is:

Tony Stark: Yeah, divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? THAT'S what he wants. He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience.
Steve Rogers: Right. I caught his act at Stuttgart.
Tony Stark: Yeah, that was just previews. This is - this is opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tilt diva, right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered...

...he would never show his fear toward Thor:

Steve Rogers: What's the matter, scared of a little lightning?
Loki: I'm not overly fond of what follows...
[Thor appears]

...by actually speaking about it or even show it in general. I am not very familiar with the movie Thor, so I couldn't compare how Loki acts in that movie versus how he acts in the Avengers and Thor: The Dark World to be able to come up with more evidence to support your theory.

What I think will happen in Thor: Ragnorok (I haven't seen any of the trailers yet because YouTube doesn't work on my computer, so my theory could be wildly off) is that Thor comes back to Asgard and finds that Odin is missing and Loki is posing as Odin. The whole "How are you not dead" scenario will come into play and Loki will explain himself. Thor will ask Loki what he did with Odin, and Loki will say something that will lead Thor to believe that Odin is on Earth, which has the whole Doctor Strange scene and everything. Once on Earth, Loki will find a way to reveal that Odin is dead without making Thor think that he killed him, and they might go to Helheim, and that's where your part comes in, but that would be assuming that Heimdall doesn't have the soul stone. Thor: Ragnorok is going to be the last movie Disney/Marvel makes before Avengers: Infinity War, so unless Disney/Marvel was planning on making the first part of Avengers: Infinity War about who has the soul stone(which, knowing Disney, is highly unlikely), the soul stone will be in Thor: Ragnorok. I think I already explained this...oh well.

I don't know what will happen after that, but there is one thing that you might want to take into consideration when you're predicting Thor: Ragnorok: WHO IS RULING ASGARD? During one of the credits scenes in Doctor Strange, Thor said:

Dr. Stephen Strange: So, I keep a watchlist of individuals from other realms who may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother Loki is one of those beings.
Thor: A worthy inclusion.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Yeah. So... why bring him here to New York?
Thor: It's a bit of a long story. Family drama. That kind of thing. We're looking for my father.

If Loki and Thor are out looking for Odin, who's ruling Asgard?

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

:O

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

What does "bump" mean?

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

Bump

Up

My

:)

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

So basically what you're saying is make my post better?

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

It's to get more people to look at it. :) 

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

This reply is going to be a bit long because I'm adding to my theory.

Loki is working for Thanos. Thanos is not controlling him. Tom Hiddleston's eyes are just blue, and those of you who have blue eyes may have noticed that sometimes your eyes look almost green. This actually depends on the amount of iron in your blood, if there's more iron they'll be green, and if there's less they'll be blue. During  the filming of Avengers, Tom Hiddleston had to go on a strict diet to keep Loki's pale complexion. The diet probably was low in iron, but the producers didn't do that on purpose.

Prediction for Thor: Ragnorok revised: Hela has the soul stone. Forget about what I said with Heimdall. Forget about what I said about the Collector working for Thanos. I finally put two and two together, and now I'm sure that Hela has it. Odin going missing, the soul stone being revealed...it all forms a picture now. Since Odin will probably go to Valhala (Norse heaven) for all of his deeds, Hela knew she would never have the Allfather under her control...that is, until Loki comes along with Odin in chains and offers an exchange: Odin's soul for the soul stone. Loki might have to throw in a few other things to sweeten the deal, but that's not really a problem for someone as skilled as Loki. In Thor: Ragnorok, one of two things will happen: either one, Loki will find a way to make the deal with Hela before Thor figures out that Odin is missing and will have to hide the soul stone all throughout the movie, in which case the end credits scene will be Loki bringing the soul stone to Thanos. If that's the case, the whole movie will just be Loki trying to shake Thor off his trail, and Thor might figure some of it out, but Loki is pretty good at keeping his secrets to himself, so I highly doubt Thor would figure out Loki's whole plan, maybe a small part here and there, but definetly not the whole thing. That scenario doesn't really create much of a plot, but if you add in an apocalyptic time bomb like Surt, one of the fire giants usually associated with Ragnorok, that would make one heck of a movie...Then there's scenario two. Scenario two creates a much more suspenseful plot, but if you add in Ragnorok...Disney would have quite the angry mob outside their studios if they ended it with a cliff hanger. Scenario two says Loki has Odin hidden somewhere, but still needs to make the exchange with Hela. Thor is convinced that Loki has Odin hidden somewhere, which would make it nearly impossible for Loki to get away from him for long enough to get to Helheim and make the exchange, but it's Loki, so who knows...Loki probably uses Ragnorok as a distraction so he can get away from Thor and might even fake his death again if he has to, but Loki will make the exchange with Hela either sometime at the end of the movie or during a credits scene.

Loki will definetly be fighting for Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War. That's a no-brainer. And if Disney/Marvel doesn't want millions of Hulk-raged people throwing grenades at their studios, they better keep Loki alive. Getting the Aether would almost be too easy. Once Loki is out of Thor's eyesight, he knows the nine worlds well enough that he could get to Knowhere much faster and less conspicuously than via the Bifrost. Then all he has to do is threaten the Collector into giving up the Aether, and boom, another Infinity Stone for Thanos. The time stone will be one of the easier ones to get, so Loki might go for that one before heading off to Knowhere. Loki's illusions will be quite the match for Doctor Strange's powers, although Loki will probably be able to pull a distraction long enough to take the Eye of Agamotto, and once he has that, he literally cannot lose. If he even comes close, it's "Dormammu, I've come to bargain" all over again until everything turns out how Loki wants it to. The Tesseract will be one of his biggest goals, but that shouldn't be too hard since Loki knows several backwater passages in and out of Asgard that he can use to his advantage to get both the Tesseract and the Infinity Gauntlet. Once he has the Tesseract, why not just teleport to Xandar and take the power stone? In my personal opinion, I hope Loki and Peter Quill/Star Lord meet. That would be one of my favorite scenes in the MCU if Disney/Marvel were to make that happen. Anyway, there is a flaw in Loki that might bring about his end while trying to get the power stone, and that's Loki's famous hunger for power...he might try to touch the power stone...and we all know one of two things will happen then...but if it works, Loki will be unstoppable, and may even be able to defeat Thanos and take over the nine worlds himself, but if it doesn't, he'll be...well, dead. And, like I said at the beginning of this paragraph, if Disney/Marvel is smart, they won't be doing that any time soon. Anyway, power stone won't be that hard to get, assuming Loki can resist temptation. Then there's the mind stone. If Loki were to get the mind stone and bring it to Thanos, and Thanos try to use it to control Loki, Loki could just absorb the Aether, which would eat away at his life force just enough to get the effects of the mind stone out of him. Thanos will draw the Aether out of Loki and put it in the Infinity Gauntlet. I'm not sure how Loki will be able to get the mind stone, though, given that he would have to kill the Vision to get it, and the Vision is virtually unkillable, but then again, so is Loki, so, we'll see...Anyway, Loki will definetly be forced to use the time stone a few times while fighting the Vision, and might even have to use the Aether to solidify the Vision's form with an energy shockwave, then just grab the mind stone and run, and again, Thanos will draw the Aether out and put it in the Infinity Gauntlet...

If I come up with anything else, you'll be the first to know. But until then, LOKI LAUFEYSON ROCKS!

#MCU

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

elfbulldog81

#lokirules

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

-Billy Boyd

magicsheep5

Who else do you think will be fighting for Thanos besides Loki and Nebula (she didn't die in Guardians of the Galaxy, she just fell down really far, but considering that she can regenerate that really doesn't matter)? I need some more characters for my book, and I've hit a dead end as far as villians. Pretty much everyone that Disney/Marvel uses as a villian ends up dead (although I don't remember what happened to Red Skull at the end of Captain America: The First Avenger, so if someone could refresh my memory that would be great):

Ronan-blown to bits by the power stone (I'm still not sure how he was able to be destroyed by the power stone if he was worthy of its power himself)

Ultron-extinct(although we still don't know whether the Vision killed that last Ultron during the credits scene of Avengers: Age of Ultron, so I guess I could use        Ultron...)

Loki-alive(and he better stay that way...or else)

Nebula-indefinite(she might reappear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 or Avengers: Infinity War, but as of now she's still indefinite)

Red Skull-?

The Mandarin-dead(killed by Pepper Potts, and I put the Mandarin so as not to spoil the whole plot of Iron Man 3 for those of you who haven't seen it)

Malekith-dead(killed by Thor in Thor: The Dark World)

Dormammu-alive(Doctor Strange didn't kill him at the end of the movie)

Baron Mordo-alive(sorry I spoiled the credits scene for those of you who haven't seen Doctor Strange, and he might team up with Thanos)

Kaecilius-stuck in an infinite time loop of death/dead(he got what he wanted :) )

If anyone is able to give me any other villians in the Marvel Cinemactic Universe and their status (dead/alive/indefinite) and what movie they're from so I can do research and refresh my memory, that would be great.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

magicsheep5

Oh, and Loki didn't get stabbed in Thor: The Dark World. Loki can create clones of himself that don't disappear when you touch them. Any other illusion besides one of himself (clone) will be dispelled upon contact with any non-illusion.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!

magicsheep5

I just came up with something huge! As I was watching the pre-credits scene in Doctor Strange, (the one with Thor) I noticed something about the way Dr. Strange says the last part, almost annoyed. Here's the script for that part to refresh your memory:

Thor: So Earth has wizards now?
Dr. Stephen Strange: Tea?
Thor: I don't drink tea.
Dr. Stephen Strange: What do you drink?
[Strange uses his powers to transform the teacup Thor is holding into a glass of beer]
Thor: Not tea.
Dr. Stephen Strange: So, I keep a watchlist of individuals from other realms who may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother Loki is one of those beings.
Thor: A worthy inclusion.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Yeah. So... why bring him here to New York?
Thor: It's a bit of a long story. Family drama. That kind of thing. We're looking for my father.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Oh. Okay. So, if you found Odin, you'd all return to Asgard promptly?
Thor: Oh, yes. Promptly.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Great. Allow me to help you.

The last phrase, the bolded one, is the one I'm focusing on. Based on Dr. Strange's annoyed tone in the last phrase, I'm guessing in Thor: Ragnorok, Loki does something that makes Dr. Strange really mad (*cough* steals the time stone). Loki might be able to trick Dr. Strange into showing him how to use the Eye of Agamotto, but he'll definetly take it, convince Thor he didn't take it, and set Thor and Dr. Strange against each other. I forgot to mention this, but there's a new description of what will happen in Thor: Ragnorok on imdb.com, and it basically says that it's Dr. Strange and Hulk vs Thor and Loki. Loki isn't going to be too happy about the Hulk, given his previous experience with him in The Avengers. If Loki can get the mind stone from the Vision, he might be able to take over the Hulk's mind and force him to calm down, and remain calm so he can be killed. Given that the title of the movie is Thor and not Doctor Strange or Hulk, I think it's safe to assume that Thor and Loki will win the fight. Also, it worked the same way with Captain America: Civil War. Captain America's team won, and that's probably why the movie is a Captain America movie, not an Iron Man movie (that, and Iron Man already has three movies).

I encourage you to reply if you have anything to add to my theory, or if you have any theories of your own.

• Posted at:

#MCU

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

TOM HIDDLESTON ROCKS!

MARVEL SUPERFAN!

PROUD ENFJ-A!