Do you believe romance is beautiful?

Thumbnail avatar 29d6ade36f

hunterwolf85

I know most SAMBers are against romance or they find it disgusting, but I'm against that.

I think I'm the only SAMBer who believes that romance is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

Honestly, when I hear, "Ew! Romance!" I think that something is dying on the SAMB.

If you don't like it, then don't. I'm just saying that the attitude we have on the SAMB toward romance is just immature, and we need to grow up and accept that it's a part of life and some of us are fans of romance movies/music. We are building a reputation for ourselves that makes us out to be a population of immature fangirls. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but often I hear conversation like "Ew! I hate romance!" and "I prefer action over boring romance!" I absolutely HATE this opinion. Yes, action is a nice world in itself, but romance? Sure, it might be a little sappy, but it isn't boring! Romance is an expression of feeling, an act of love.

If you resent this, fine. I don't care at all.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

(( Ł Ë Ø )

f o r u m p h a r a o h

violinist // whovian // ENFJ // slytherin // aries

"the blushing light, just another la devotee"

Utensil Police // Duck Cultist

"deep blue but you painted me golden"

#AllPeopleArePeople

Thumbnail avatar 86deefe954

butterflydusk44

I'm just against books labeled as fantasy when their plot is based on romance. 

But yes, Cleo, you do have a good point. I'm grey-romantic and I agree. Crushes are one thing and romance is another. Without romance, all you guys wouldn't be here. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

well mr. fox i know you've got a secret to tell

but folks, we live just to hear ourselves

keep talk, non stop

and it goes, until we know

know not what to say

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

*sits down* 

I'm not opposed to romance. Really, I'm not. However, I do hate it when young people try to make their friendships into romantic ones because that's what "teenagers" do. "Dating" in eighth grade is, in my opinion, still a little pointless, but I know many people disagree with me. I'll see boys buying their girlfriends chocolate on Valentines, and think "Do they really mean this, or are they being told by pop culture that this is what you do?" Because so much of media is filled with sappy romance novels, pictures, TV shows, ect. Love is a wonderful thing, but it shouldn't be used lightly. Real life love does not mean being all over each other 24/7, and being extreme drama queens all the time. I think 8th Grade dating is still too young, but barely. However, I don't agree with some people in our grade who started in 3rd Grade. 3RD GRADE. I mean...what? Like, what can you even do then? In 8th Grade, you can at least do some things together, but in 3rd you can what? Hug? 

I hate relationships that are ruined when the boy and girl decide that if they're friends, they have to date. And because of the world we live in, they will eventually break up in the most dramatic way possible. And BOOM, in two weeks flat a great friendship is destroyed. I am good friends with many boys, and I never feel the need to date any of them. Maybe when I'm older I'll feel differently, but I don't need to rush to get there. Your significant other should be someone you really like, not just because they are good looking, but because you are good friends, and unpressurized by everyone else. That's good. Pretending to be in a soap opera is not. 

I guess it just comes down to the maturity level. I have two good friends who are dating each other. They are mature enough, and I support them 100%. In fact, I'm their official 3rd Wheel Friend. :) They see dating like it should be- an opportunity to hang out with your best friend and get to know them better. 

Ok. That's my view on it. 

• Posted at:

Bobcat.

I'm embarrassed by this, but....

White ink: I love when in disney movies or rom coms the characters fall in love

• Posted at:

Hippie/Hippeh

Good Vibes

Flower Child

#Pray

#AllPeopleArePeople

#BellBottomsSquad

#LiveLoveLaugh

#KindnessOnlyMatters

#BeautyIsEveryWhere

#WereAllSad

Thumbnail avatar 877756c5e9

fairywolf652

I feel awkward 

• Posted at:

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL POKEMON !

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

The legend of ZELDA rules! 

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 994aeaa8d4

bookdragon296

Honestly I think most people confuse some things. Being ace I know for a fact, a romantic relationship doesn't mean everything some people think it means. It's just being emotionally close to someone in a non-plantionic way. What you want in a romantic relationship isn't your sexuality, that's different. In LGBT+ you have gender, sexuality and romantic spectrum. I don't mind romance but only when it's not confused with sexuality. And that's coming from an aromantic person
  • Posted at:

Ayita Mirima Historia  

Daughter of Iris  

"Don't worry Ruby, I'm combat ready" Penny Polendina (RWBY)  

Ever is best twin  

*pokes your nose* boop

Tempa

#Bumbleby

Not gonna dye my hair half white half red cuz todoroki why would you think that

fairywolf652

I have been Sexually harassed before I was so angry and disgusted .

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 994aeaa8d4

bookdragon296

Same here Fairy. Twice in one year
  • Posted at:

Ayita Mirima Historia  

Daughter of Iris  

"Don't worry Ruby, I'm combat ready" Penny Polendina (RWBY)  

Ever is best twin  

*pokes your nose* boop

Tempa

#Bumbleby

Not gonna dye my hair half white half red cuz todoroki why would you think that

Thumbnail avatar 2c96756161

robineyes9

Who the heck voted no?

• Posted at:

Sea*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'**'・*:.。..。.:*・゜゚・* 

Thumbnail avatar 7aab741b8f

pinkpuppy1315

I agree. I had a huge crush on a boy a few years ago and whenever I saw him, even though I very rarely had enough confidence to talk to him, I got an amazing feeling. I actually felt really happy and excited. Sometimes I felt that way just thinking or talking about him. I know that crushes are different than romance. I'm not sure if I've ever experienced actual romance. I don't think I have. But I'm just saying that having a huge crush on someone is wonderful, even if it takes forever to talk to them. Love is so complicated, though. Even I know that, and that's saying something, because compared to everyone else ont he MB, I'm a complete newbie at romance.

• Posted at:

~Puppy Traitare-Hamiltonia~

(Demigirl ~ She/They)

Aka Spider Puppy, Dog Child, Yppup, Ghost Puppy, or Doggo

Gang:

Angelica Luise

Selena

Bliss!!!

Briggan

Mist

Violet

Flame

#IkilledNightRobin

SAMBer of the day: Aphrodite!

Thumbnail avatar db756fcab7

artkitten320

I have two different opinions on romance. First off, I absolutely adore when characters fall in love. I basically go complete fangirl. And some friends, I support their relationships, because it works. Even some of the "popular" people I support it. When their boyfriend stuffed a three foot tall teddy bear in their locker for their birthday, is say that's a good relationship. However, I don't believe that kids should date until at least high school, and even then it's early. My other friend is in a good relationship also. (Banana) When we prank called her boyfriend saying she was in the hospital, he completely freaked out and tried to find out what hospital she was in so he could visit her. Plus, when she told him it was a prank, he got completely mad that we had worried him like that. Those type of relationships I approve of.

And then there's my friend Raseberry. She has dated so many people, it's actually scary. Last year, she dated Lemon. At this time, clearly, the fruit nicknames were given, so their ship name was Raseberry Lemonade. She broke up with him over the summer because they'd never see each other. Then, she briefly  dated her neighbor. Then, Strawberry Shortcakes cousin came to out school, and they're still dating. I was at that table yesterday, and what I see is a form of torture. She was pulling his sweatshirt hood up so he wouldn't slouch, and, when he wouldn't answer her questions, proceeded to step on his foot. This is not a normal relationship. 

And then, of course, I never want to be in a relationship, so that's why I do not participate in such matters. 

• Posted at:

∆ Icicle

nerd | musical trash | INTJ-T | scorpio

"Now it's time to say goodbye

To the things we loved....

How the time seemed to fly."~RWBY

Thumbnail avatar f7f75357a2

azurelightning71

I don't have a problem with romance itself. The problem is that in pop culture, women often are flung into relationships more often than men, which reinforces stereotypes.

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

Thumbnail avatar 285f83a107

bullbulldog1775

I will most likely not date.I will court and yes there is a difference.If you want to know just ask me or look it up.

• Posted at:

Swiftstar  Random Eternal Flame Histerian

Everyon iBeautiful in God's eyes

Swiftbreeze

Sweetfeather

Duskpelt

Dawnfur

Flamepelt

Brokenwind

Scarear

Flamefoot

Cinderwhisker

Yay Still unshipped

Thumbnail avatar fd83c37f98

dragoncat2118

I like romance just fine, in fact, I enjoy writing romance. But I haven't actually been in a relationship or even had a crush myself. In my school, people started 'dating' in fourth or fifth grade. My younger brother, who's in fourth grade himself, just witnessed these things, and apparently, his entire grade was freaked out, but they won't be for long(Basically, some kids got "married" then the girl "issued a divorce", then they were married again, then another divorce. It was very strange, from what I heard. But I think that my friend, the girl's older sister, stopped it.).

I do support healthy, happy relationships, where they're actually good friends. Another one of my friends skipped through boyfriends for a couple weeks, but then she actually found a good boyfriend, and I've seen them together. I wouldn't even consider them very romantic, but they're like best friends, and she actually kept a guy for a long time. I think that it'll go well until maybe next school year.

• Posted at:

catspirit/

alaska

---

akira-avery-stargazer-rainbow-skywalker

---

"that's rough, buddy."

---

"you're my--"

---

"HEY EVERYBODY, KEITH'S BACK!"

---

imtrash

---

welcomtpridmonth.

I love romance! Books, reality, movies, so entertaining and wonderful!

• Posted at:

Cake

BerryPaw

Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.

if you choose to believe, you will go farther in life.

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, and you'll capture it perfectly

#PrayForTheCubans

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

Kids these days. ;) 

• Posted at:

Bobcat.

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

It's just I don't feel very comfortable around it. I don't mind it, but it's uncomfortable for me. Especially if it's teens or kids romantic stuff. Or if it's super cliche. If it's ultra cliche, I'm out. 

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar 225834ad9b

lokiclever11

There's a fine line between thinking you are too young for romance and being immaturely disgusted by it and SAMBers cross it too much

• Posted at:

L A K A E L / L O K I

"Oh, you fool

There are rules

I am coming for you

You can run,

But you can't be saved..."

-Yawning Grave, Lord Huron

MINIORITY GROUPS MATTER. 

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US.

Thumbnail avatar 225834ad9b

lokiclever11

I'm happy for the maturity on this thread tho 

• Posted at:

L A K A E L / L O K I

"Oh, you fool

There are rules

I am coming for you

You can run,

But you can't be saved..."

-Yawning Grave, Lord Huron

MINIORITY GROUPS MATTER. 

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US.

Thumbnail avatar db756fcab7

artkitten320

:D

• Posted at:

∆ Icicle

nerd | musical trash | INTJ-T | scorpio

"Now it's time to say goodbye

To the things we loved....

How the time seemed to fly."~RWBY

Thumbnail avatar 7d3530a360

skyscraperarrow12

i'll stick with no... who knows how the romance will end... not all stories are happy, some break up...

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Ninjago Fan?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...

Think of your parents... thats how you were birthed.

• Posted at:

I am awesome don't question it just deal with it! Future billionaire, Also total BOSS

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

I'm in a sort of gray area. I dislike plots where the main focus is romance, but plots that I'm already invested in that have romance because the characters have chemistry is fine. Romance for the sake of romance in a story is one of my pet peeves.

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife

We spent weeks cleaning the fun from the trees. - Karen

Thumbnail avatar 0e0fb2ad4d

fairycat187

I agree. I love reading romance books almost more than action ones. Don't get me wrong, I like action too, but I've always liked more emotionally charged stories better, y'know?

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

Manga and movies and music, oh my!

here i am, sitting in a tin can

far above the world

planet earth is blue

and theres nothing i can do...

My mission in life is for nobody to ever forget me.

Thumbnail avatar 38fa86b674

eagleeagle8537

it is   hey guys try any "google water mr.doob and any other

• Posted at:

happyhopeful24

Also, I'm fine if it's couple I ship or it's my parents. If it's adults who are both ok with it, I won't really mind it. 

• Posted at:

happeh  

we help them in return

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar 4ac07111af

soccerraven43

I'm not against it, but some people "date" in fifth grade, and I'm against that.

• Posted at:

{Blitz} 

|Gang: /284304|

|#AllPeopleArePeople|

|#GlassAlAnimals| 

|#FreedomChild|

|#StormerProblems|

[INACTIVE]

~Now Ceol, or tricksterangel41~

Thumbnail avatar 380bb64382

unicorncat613

And guess what. Romance don't always work. That's when it gets ugly. My parents are divorced. I would know.

• Posted at:

Misty and Storm

#brokensquad

My gang:

Kitty

Kawaii

Gold

Dragon

Thumbnail avatar 610dc5e752

jadeseeker27

I love romance.

(IRONYYYYYYY)

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

{Genderfluid!}

Beauty comes in all forms. It's not just external; it's internal as well. - Alessia Cara

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Distance Darkwatcher

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

I don't like how strong female protagonists always fall in love and need saving at the end. And I don't like how all women are expected to fall in love. I'm not going to. Ever.

Also, I don't like how people define romance as "love." That makes me always have to say "I DON'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT" whenever I say that I love someone.

You're allowed to have your own opinions, however, opinions that I will respect. If you think romance is beautiful, that's fine. I myself prefer reading and writing martial arts action.

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar 231084e9e3

amberturtle48

I understand your frustration. But everyone has their own opinion, and sometimes we just have to accept that and let them be who they are. Everyone in the world is unique, which makes things complicated yet wonderful at the same time.  :-)

• Posted at:

Plz don't send me friend requests: I can only take clan requests, and I feel bad denying requests.

UAC

I'm Autumn, Alexa, or Amberturtle

#GOFNF!

1st post on SAMB: 7/12/2014

#RememberLeia

#RememberAtlantis

J+E

*..yep, I did it on Creative.. :P      

Thumbnail avatar ee42dc6070

dawnheart133

Here at me house romance is not tolorated. If me or my sisters had that then my mum would kill us. It is sooo unplesunt to talk about.

Um... GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Swiftstar or Cress

Labs!

AKC Junior Handler

Chevy!

Tracker!

Rue

Our Back up account

Thumbnail avatar 9b23d31bd8

pizzapie250

I don't like romance novels because romance is a beautiful thing, and I can never have it. It's a matter of envy, not immaturity.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female if you can't tell by the purple/pink text

sometimes I put random phrases here until I can use them in my writing. Yes, I'm that greedy with journal space.

Thumbnail avatar 380bb64382

unicorncat613

I'll never have romance anyway, so what's the point in caring about it?

• Posted at:

Misty and Storm

#brokensquad

My gang:

Kitty

Kawaii

Gold

Dragon

fairywolf652

" Romance is like gum . " - Mabel , Gravity falls

• Posted at:

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar ac0ca306f8

catfairy2579

I agree with Bobcat but I still ship people in books/anime/aphmau XD

• Posted at:

Call me Felina

My sister is Megumi

I joined on February 26th 2017

KeepItCrispy#9605

I will miss you all :) 

Thumbnail avatar 261259d795

stormskater22

i don't see it as beautiful, but i do support it.  

• Posted at:

I am Mori Caelum

I'm boring and have no motivation to anything;

Nice to meet you!

happyhopeful24

If it's too over the top, no. But if it's only a bit, I'm ok. It's just cliches and that stuff. 

• Posted at:

happeh  

we help them in return

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar 4461b38676

vampireelf385

:/ you guys know this is an old thread?

• Posted at:

I’m a old SAMBer, mostly not active, been on SAMB for like almost three years now.

Im a piano player, I play the SA game online and have met many wonderful people on there.

Thumbnail avatar 261259d795

stormskater22

i can't see dates rn, so no

• Posted at:

I am Mori Caelum

I'm boring and have no motivation to anything;

Nice to meet you!

1 ,