Sign-Ups and info are at /258865

With a sharp intake of breath, my eyes flew open as my pulse beat faster. Where was I? What was I doing here? Who am I? My thoughts started coming. Softly, like a gentle breeze. They were whispering to me. My name is Sun Rai. But I'm known as simply "Rai". Thoughts came faster and faster, and they started pounding my head like torrential rain. I managed to stand on my feet. I seemed to be the age of 12. Blonde hair with red streaks cascaded over my shoulders, and a smile slowly spread over my face.
   The smile faded as I scanned my surroundings.
   Long, twisted trees blocked the sunlight from touching the ground. Wavy ferns and vibrant flowers crowded the space I was in, and their fragrance was pleasing. But that was the good part.
   The bad part was the dark gloom that covered the surrounding forest like a blanket. Who knew what was hiding in there, possibly watching me even as I thought these thoughts?
   Then I heard the sounds.
   Footsteps, echoing throughout the fog, and creaking of the undergrowth. I saw the light before I noticed the face. 
   The light came from a torch, raised high above a pale figure. She had black hair with some strands of color, and wore a white shirt with a red skirt, trimmed with red. I guessed she was Asian from her attire and complexion. I watched as she scanned the gloomy trees, not daring to move. Would she throw that torch at me if I talked to her?
   Her gaze landed on me, and I noticed her large eyes turn dark. The stranger started making her way towards me.
Should I run? I thought, debating what to do. I could flee, sure, but who knew what awaited me in the undergrowth? Better to take my chances with a stranger.
   "State your business." The girl said, in a way that suggested she didn't want to be messed with. Her tone was warm— yet contained a trace of coldness.
   "S-Sun Rai. But you can just call me Rai." I replied shakily, holding out my hand. The stranger tilted her head, looking at me like she couldn't believe her eyes. "There's no time for politeness out here. Come on." Gesturing me to follow, she started making her way through the thick fog.

Her skirt was frayed at the knees, almost like she had cut off the longer hem in a hurry. What would that be for?

I tried to hide my misgivings. Stepping into the gloom, I traded the peaceful clearing for an uncertain future.

"Call me Kagami." The stranger said as I followed her trail.

=~=~=~=~=~

The mud sucked the soles of my feet as I walked. She still carried the torch, although it had grown dimmer and fainter than when I had seen it earlier. Peering around Kagami, I noticed a small reflective surface in her right hand. 
   "What's that?" I asked her. She was looking intently on it, like maybe she life depended on it, or something interesting like that.
   It was several moments before she responded. "It's a magic mirror that shows me literally anything I wish to see. I'm using it to find the others."
   "What others?"
   "The ones who were also patrolling with me. You'll see them soon enough."
   A few minutes later, I noticed the sound of muffled footsteps. Two figures were approaching in the gloom.
   "Kagami, where were ya? We were looking all over for you!" A girl with choppy purple hair and cat ears bounced straight through the fog like it was nothing. "Well, I was looking, and Dreamkeeper talking about the possibility of you getting eaten by whatever strange creature was stalking us."

Another girl with a long, black ponytail threaded carefully through the mud behind her. "I was just suggesting that you might be able to survive well enough, and find your way back with that stalker-ish device of yours."
   "Thanks for being supportive, Dreamkeeper. Thanks for looking for me, Kitten, though I could've survived a few hours alone."
   "Um... hi?" I started, feeling a little invisible. The girl I guessed was Kitten (the cat ears kinda gave it away, I guess) jerked her head to stare at me. I smothered a gasp as I noticed she had one red eye and one purple eye. "W-w— hi, Kitten." I stuttered, trying not to show how startled I was.
   "We have a prisoner!" She sang happily.
   The other girl, Dreamkeeper, glared at me with such intensity, I wondered if she was trying to glare me into oblivion. Maybe deciding I wasn't worth her time, she turned to face Kagami once more.
   "Onward?" She asked. Kagami nodded, and they started trudging through the forest again.

Kitten bounced around me, a crazed expression on her face. "Can't wait to rejoin our civilization!" She said to me.
   I glanced around the twisted trees, the gloomy air, the muddy undergrowth. "Your civilization is here?"
   "No, silly, this is our second civilization! The first fell, really hard, off a cliff, figuratively of course." She said breezily.

She skipped away into the fog, running ahead of Dreamkeeper and Kagami, who walked in mutual silence, leaving me confused and curious about their world.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

This is a SAMBer some might know of. 

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

Thumbnail avatar 129227c4ae

windprincess8

Author, this is amazing! Great start!

More people see this!

• Posted at:

i finally noticed somewhere along the way

the changing seasons painted the town a new color

fluttering flowers dance as my heart wavers

what will be left when it's all over?

in this bittersweet place

i want to stay my old self forever

2.28.15 - 3.14.19

Thumbnail avatar 3e6f48276e

silverraven280

Author, that looks awesome so far! Keep it up :D

• Posted at:

I'm Aerca [and this is my flipside, Enya ]

I am a... Greencloak FanWing Rufflerin Jedi Unwanted

My home forum is the SAMB. So is mine, apparently.

#SaveTheSouthernResidents #RememberLeia #MakeItSo

#Canada150 #Reformation500 #MoreSigSp-

Thumbnail avatar 86deefe954

butterflydusk44

I like this story, a lot.

• Posted at:

Ever After~

well mr. fox i know you've got a secret to tell

but folks, we live just to hear ourselves

keep talk, non stop

and it goes, until we know

know not what to say

Thumbnail avatar 7aab741b8f

pinkpuppy1315

(The font color button is refusing to work. Just pretend that this post is in pink)

Yay, I love it! Kitten is probably my favorite character so far.

"I can't wait to rejoin civilization!"

Best quote ever

• Posted at:

~Puppy Traitare-Hamiltonia~

(Demigirl ~ She/They)

Aka Spider Puppy, Dog Child, Yppup, Ghost Puppy, or Doggo

Gang:

Angelica Luise

Selena

Bliss!!!

Briggan

Mist

Violet

Flame

#IkilledNightRobin

SAMBer of the day: Aphrodite!

Thumbnail avatar 0e02e48a1f

turquoisepegasus48

*leans forward in chair in anticipation* *falls forward out of chair somehow not tipping said chair over* *sits on the floor and waits and rereads the one chapter*

• Posted at:

ALEX (Silver/Eevee) Lunice-Ignorè-Argentum-Moonhaven

SAMBer&WoFMBer

QueenOfEvilPlotsFadingOutOfThreadsSprayingOthersW/Lemonade&Shruggles

#TanenTheDementorLives#AwkwardGreyPanromanticAsexual

BasicallyMyBlog@/191659(SA)

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

Thumbnail avatar f1da98cab5

joyfulcat108

Woah. That's awesome. 

• Posted at:

Dreamkeeper

"I stand at the turning of the years"

"Before going their separate ways forever"

"No one deserves to fade away"

"Teach me how to say goodbye"

"I wish I had more TNT"

"They'd say I got no heart"

Current Stats—Hospital

RIP (rest in pieces)

I've been working on the next chapter... it's long, since I'm basically introducing most everyone who signed up. Some of you won't be in that chapter, since you have a kart later. So please don't feel like I forgot you— it's all part of the plot. 

And, I apologize to anyone who doesn't like their role/fate (this applies to basically the whole story). I literally downloaded a randomizer app to decide who gets what fate. So don't feel like I have something against you if you X sometime in the story. (Cause in a few Chapters... things get interesting.)

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

Thumbnail avatar 0e0fb2ad4d

fairycat187

This is really interesting, Author! I can't wait for the next chapter (✿◠‿◠)

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

Manga and movies and music, oh my!

here i am, sitting in a tin can

far above the world

planet earth is blue

and theres nothing i can do...

My mission in life is for nobody to ever forget me.

I'm just going to organize by parts and not chapters... just to be different. 

Part 2

Their camp was hidden in a tangle of trees. Brambles strangled the tree trunks, and a small creek gurgled merrily nearby. Kagami brushed apart a tangle of leaves and foliage, revealing a formerly hidden cave. Kitten ran inside without hesitation, followed by Dreamkeeper, followed by me. Kagami then replaced the foliage covering over the entrance.
  "There you guys are! I was starting to wonder who to put on the search parties!" A voice greeted as we entered the camp. The girl who greeted us had black hair in a Dutch braid. Her skin was pale, almost like she didn't get outside often.
   "Sure wish I could've attended that party!" Kitten replied cheerfully, and made a beeline towards the far end of the camp. The camp was composed of one, larger clearing, with tents and canopies scattered around.
  "I'm heading to the medics. See you people later." Dreamkeeper started towards a tent, tucked into another corner of the clearing.
Kagami sighed. "Seems like I'm stuck with you. Try not to trip." She started walking towards one of the largest canopies on the left. I followed her, presuming that I was going to orientation of some kind.
   "Wait up, I'd like to come!" The girl who had greeted us earlier was following us. Kagami slowed her pace to let her catch up.
   "Hi, Silver. Just taking this newbie on a tour." I awkwardly held out my hand.
Silver's welcoming attitude immediately vanished. "Uh.... h-hi." She said nervously. I recognized her shyness, and decided not to press her. My hand dropped to my side.
   "Let's get a move on. We'll start with our, "Central Forum" where everyone goes to discuss plans and debate the circumstance." Kagami lead me and Silver to a large canopy of fabric. A long table lined the space beneath. A young male (I guessed he was in his late teen years) was hunched over a sketched map of some sort, mumbling something.
   Kagami strode to the table and knocked on the polished surface to get his attention. "We have a newbie. She's taking a guided tour, and would probably want to meet some people." The person stood up, and the slightest trace of a smile broke out across his face.
   "Pleased to meet you. I'm Damon Jones." He held out his hand to shake.
   Smiling back, I shook his hand. So maybe these people did use some common courtesy.
   Someone barged into the area. She had ebony black hair in a ponytail, and traces of mud were drying on her shoes. "Back from my expedition. Surprise, I was only able to map a few miles before nearly drowning in quicksand. But because of my awesomeness, I'm still alive."
   She placed a scroll of paper, also partially covered with mud, on the table.
   "At least you're ok, Istalri." Damon replied calmly.
   Istalri huffed and strode back outside.
   "She's awesome when she's not exhausted." Silver muttered.
  Kagami  lead the way back outside. "We'll go to the medics tent next, then wander round a little until we find you a place to sleep." She started towards a nearby tent. Several mattresses lined the peremiter, but were all unoccupied. A few voices conversed inside.
   "—probably not used to the atmosphere here. Just try not to go out of camp too often."
   "Easier said than done. Well, I suppose I can just hang around camp, bored out of my mind."
   As we entered the tent, the conversation stalled. A girl with black hair and silver eyes was sitting on a table, while Dreamkeeper was leaning against the wall closest to the entrance.
   "Hey." She greeted.
   "Hi." The other girl said. Her gaze landed on me. I tensed up. Her eyes seemed to follow my every move, every beat of my heart, maybe even every thought I was thinking.
   "Hello." Silver said with a smile.
   Trying to think of some other way of saying hi, I simply settled for, "Sup."
   Kagami said nothing.
   The girl finally lifted her gaze from me. "What brings you here?"
   "A tour of our civilization, for this newbie, Rai." After a moments pause, she added, "Any new happenings, Serene?"
   "Nothing much. Just talking."
   "Hi, Serene..." I trailed off, the memory of her stare stopping me from continuing.
   After a few silent moments, Kagami walked backwards and out of the tent. I started to follow, but noticed Silver parting ways. "Do you still want to come?" I asked.
   "No. I need to go take inventory of supplies." She said with a small smile. I smiled back, glad she was opening up a little. Following Kagami into the area outside, I noticed it was getting darker.
   "Sunset. Time to find somewhere to sleep for you." I started to follow Kagami towards a group of tents, but a small flash of something shiny caught my eye. Like two disks, the shiny somethings sat in the darkening clearing. It took me a few moments to spot the black cat that was sitting stone-still in front of me.
   "Alright, Cleo. She's caught you." Kagami suddenly seemed to be standing beside me. I fought the urge to jump.
   With a barely noticeable hiss, the black cat seemed to blur before my eyes. A girl with brown hair stood in its place, a neutral expression on her face. "Newcomer?" She asked.
   "Newcomer." Kagami confirmed.
   Cleo studied me with an expression I couldn't read. "Hmm..... " She hummed thoughtfully. "Need to get to night watch."
   With that, Cleo became a black cat again and sped into the oncoming darkness.
   "Not surprised... not unnatural at all." I murmured. How long was it until I would get used to this strange place?
   "Who are you people called?" I asked Kagami.
   "We're called SAMBers, because we dwell in the MB of the SA." She said it so matter-of-factly, like I should've already known. 
   "Um... what do "MB" and "SA" stand for?"

I detected a slight eye roll. "Come on, like you really... don't you know? Didn't you see it when you joined from whatever place you came from?"  

I shook my head. "I, I don't remember anything. Before waking up in the forest, anyways." Kagami glanced at me skeptically. 

"Hmm... maybe you're a gang member, born from a random thought someone had that was strong enough to create you."

I took a few seconds to consider that possibility. If I was simply made up, then why wouldn't I have a memory? Is that just how it works?
   "Come on." Kagami and I traveled to the group of tents I had seen earlier. Another girl with black hair (lots of people had black hair here, it seemed. Truthfully, I felt out of place because of my bold streaks of color) was sitting just outside a tent, polishing a spiked staff,
   "Hi Amber. She needs a place to sleep for the night." Kagami said. Leaving her words at that, she weaved her way through the maze of tents.
   "Hi, I'm Rai." I said nervously. Amber twirled her staff casually. The spikes on the tip glittered in the dim light, putting me on edge.
   "Cherry doesn't have a roommate yet. I'll put you in with her." She pointed with her staff to a tent near the center of the group. "She won't murder you in your sleep, which is always a possibility if you happen to snore."
   A young girl wearing pastel colors was drawing in a notebook inside the tent. Her hair was blond with pink highlights, and her blue eyes were innocent and calm. "Hello, newcomer." She said under her breath.
   "My name is Sun Rai. You can call me Rai." I said for what was probably the 100th greeting I had said in the last few hours. I waited a few moments for a response
   "Cherry." Receiving nothing else as an answer, I flopped onto the empty mattress in the tent. I heard a shuffle of paper is the girl packed away her notebook.
   "Good night." I said, trying to be friendly. As I drifted into sleep, I thought I heard a whispered reply, though my brain didn't register it.

It would only be later when I would think of this day as calm before the storm. 

Again, don't be mad if I didn't include you here. You still have a upcoming role, in several chapters or so, depending on circumstances. I didn't forget you.

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

Thumbnail avatar 129227c4ae

windprincess8

Nice. I like how you separate the paragraphs, some people like me don't do that because they're lazy. . .

More! :D

• Posted at:

i finally noticed somewhere along the way

the changing seasons painted the town a new color

fluttering flowers dance as my heart wavers

what will be left when it's all over?

in this bittersweet place

i want to stay my old self forever

2.28.15 - 3.14.19

turquoisepegasus48

*happy screech because she got mentioned and actually included in a large portion of the chapter*

Besides that, the chapter was really well written. I enjoy your style of writing, it's descriptive and informative.

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

joyfulcat108

*claps*

I feel so remembered. Must be because I feel invisible 99.9% of real life. 

• Posted at:

Dreamkeeper

"I wish I had more TNT"

Current Stats—Hospital

RIP (rest in pieces)

Thumbnail avatar 29d6ade36f

hunterwolf85

Ooh, I'm mysterious... I love mysterious.

• Posted at:

(( Ł Ë Ø )

f o r u m p h a r a o h

violinist // whovian // ENFJ // slytherin // aries

"the blushing light, just another la devotee"

Utensil Police // Duck Cultist

"deep blue but you painted me golden"

#AllPeopleArePeople

joyfulcat108

I love how it ended with the, "It would only be later when I would think of these days as the calm before the storm." So mysterious! I bet something interesting is going to happen soon... 

• Posted at:

Dreamkeeper

"I wish I had more TNT"

Current Stats—Hospital

RIP (rest in pieces)

Thumbnail avatar d092541073

elfazure47

Nice! I really like how my character's potrayed! I would like her, really!

• Posted at:

Istalri M. Sapphire-Elementorial-Christian

Grimsborown

Hebrews 11:6

#TomboyClub

Queen of Biblophiles, Sad Songs and Fire

Other Summoner of Mulop

Can you be broken so many times you forget how to piece yourself together?

Princess Mononoke

/256065

fairycat187

Wow, this got even better! Contunue! :D

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

Thumbnail avatar 86deefe954

butterflydusk44

Pretty cool!

• Posted at:

Ever After~

well mr. fox i know you've got a secret to tell

but folks, we live just to hear ourselves

keep talk, non stop

and it goes, until we know

know not what to say

silverraven280

Awesome! Can't wait for more. :D

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar d2e670025d

amberarrow472

Awesome! Love how you built Serene's character! I've never really been included in an rp or SAMB story.

• Posted at:

~Serendipity~ 

House:Ravenclaw

Wand:Spruce,Unicorn hair14 1/2 in.

SA:Lynx

Ebony|Ramah|Umbra|Mr.J|Catbug

Quote of the Week:"Insanity is doing what everyone else does.."~Albert Einstein

INTJ-T

#RavenPride

Proud Christian!

Jer. 29:11

I believe in change.

amberarrow472

Awesome! Love how you built Serene's character! I've never really been included in an rp or SAMB story.

• Posted at:

~Serendipity~ 

INTJ-T

#RavenPride

Proud Christian!

I believe in change.

@Serene 

I myself know how that feels. 

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

amberarrow472

@Author. I see.

• Posted at:

~Serendipity~ 

INTJ-T

#RavenPride

Proud Christian!

I believe in change.

amberarrow472

@Author. I can't wait for more. I enjoy your writing style. I love how you made Serene's character so knowing and mysterious.

• Posted at:

~Serendipity~ 

INTJ-T

#RavenPride

Proud Christian!

I believe in change.

@Serene 

Thanks! I tried to get every personality shown as best I could.

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

fairycat187

I can't wait till the next chapter! I love how you portrayed my character, too! Just kinda sitting there, drawin', looking innocent... I can't wait to see what I do next :)

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

fairycat187

I can't wait till the next chapter! I love how you portrayed my character, too! Just kinda sitting there, drawin', looking innocent... I can't wait to see what I do next :)

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

fairycat187

ack double post ಠ益ಠ

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

Hi everyone! 

Sorry for my period of inactivity (I spent my entire weekend working on a school project, with my only breaks being eating and sleeping). The next part is in progress, but it probably won't be finished until later this week. Thanks so much for being patient with me as I struggle through my life!

~Author

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

fairycat187

:D

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

silverraven280

Great. Thanks, Author!

• Posted at:

joyfulcat108

Nice story. Well written. 

• Posted at:

Dreamkeeper

"I wish I had more TNT"

Current Stats—Hospital

RIP (rest in pieces)

Part 3

A single scream pierced the night. It was dark, and I was tired, so I covered my ears with my hands. After several moments of silence, I decided it was some hallucination my dreams had created.
   The rustle of tents stirred the air, Footsteps pounded outside the tent, and whispered wondering melded into a constant stream of noise.
   Eventually realizing I wouldn't get any more sleep if this continued, I groggily sat up and rubbed my eyes.
   A shuffle on the other mattress signaled Cherry's awakening.
   Stumbling to my feet, I pushed open the tent flap, wondering what was going on.
   Silhouettes flitted throughout the camp, and I noticed more than more panicked expression. My mind finally caught up to me. I had heard a scream. A scream. Which usually meant something was wrong.
   Instantly alert, I started following the others.
   Adrenaline powered me. I noticed everyone was running to one spot— the Central Forum.
   Please, please let there be no blood. I silently pleaded to myself.
   A large mass of a SAMBers were gathered beneath the canopy. After several attempts to see what was going on, I shouldered the person nearest to me.
   "Sorry." I apologized to them, then continued pushing my way through.
   "—Told you, I'm alright! There was no reason for that person to scream!"
   "You may think you're alright, but we don't know that for sure."
   "There was no reason for whoever that was to scream and wake up everyone. I'm just fine."
   Shouldering a person near me, I managed a glimpse of what was happening in the center. Damon and Silver were standing next to the long table, with worried looks on their faces. Dreamkeeper sat on the table, her legs swinging casually.
   I spotted the black cat weaving through the crowd a moment before it skidded into the clearing. I recognized Cleo as she shifted back into her human form.
   She took in the scene. Noticing Dreamkeeper, she asked, "You're missing night watch. What are you doing here?"
   "I've been wondering the same thing. I'm sure we'd all appreciate an explaination." Silver muttered.
   Dreamkeeper sighed. "It's nothing worth taking up your time for. I was simply signing out for the night when Damon started asking what the reason was for." She stated, with a glare targeted at Damon.
   "And what was the reason?" Cleo asked, growing curious. Dreamkeeper looked at the gathered crowd. A few nods of agreement signaled that they too, were listening.
   She hesitated for a second. "My night vision... kind of ... stopped working."
   A few seconds of silence greeted her explanation.
   "E-excuse me? You're saying... one of your unnatural abilities stopped working?" I asked, subconsciously stepping into the clearing. All heads turned towards me, and whispers of, "Who's that?" echoed.
   "I was on night watch... and everything just turned dark. So I went to sign out for the night, and now everyone thinks something is wrong with me." She explained.
   "Something is rather wrong, then." Istalri stepped out from the crowd. "Excuse me, but I just want to test something."
   Dreamkeeper narrowed her eyes. "Will this test prove there's nothing to worry about?"
   "Yes. Now, you have the ability to summon anything you wish to summon. Summon something. Anything."
   I thought I detected a glimmer of uneasiness in her indigo eyes. Or was that just my imagination?
   "You seem to be hesitating." A voice said. I didn't recognize this SAMBer. She had dark brown wavy hair, pinned to one side with a bobby pin. She wore a rumpled green hoodie with a white drawstring.
   With a long, drawn out sigh, Dreamkeeper held her palm open. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. I suspected she was being over-dramatic to make sure everyone saw she was just fine.
   Except... nothing happened. Did it usually take this long to summon something?
   Dreamkeeper opened her eyes. She closed and opened her palm again, but still nothing happened.
   Istalri looked on with calm acceptance of the situation. "I knew it."

Serene gasped, her grip on the table tightening till her knuckles turned white under the strain.
   "She has the plague!" A wild cry rose over the gathered crowd, and the calm immediately exploded into panic. They started to run, breaking free from the ranks just to get away. An elbow hit me, and a foot met my knee cap with a painful thud.
   "Everyone calm down! There's no need to panic!" Damon's voice commanded attention, but the chaos taking place discouraged any answer.
   Taking several deep breaths, I took a moment to let my brain process what was going on. Dreamkeeper has some sort of plague. And now everyone is panicking. And now I feel like I should be running as well.
   "Run for your existence!" I faintly noticed the voice of Kitten the same moment I noticed her sprinting through the crowd.
   Instinct took over, and I felt my legs taking me in the direction of the tents. I risked a glance behind me at the ones still beneath the canopy. Damon tapped his fingers on the table, trying to expel his nervous energy, and few SAMBers dared hang around the edges of the canopy, fearful of getting too close. Dreamkeeper struggled to regain her composure, but I saw she was shaken.
   I crashed into a SAMBer with a frown on her face. I took some seconds to take in her raven-black hair, black eyes reflecting my own surprise and fear. Then I apologized and kept running.
   I passed several faces I recognized; a shock-still Amber, an expressionless Kagami. At one point, I almost stepped on a black cat that was half-hidden in the darkness. The run back to my tent seemed to stretch from minutes to centuries.
   Crashing onto the mattress, my thoughts were a jumble of concerns and confusion. Why is my brain so slow? Will Dreamkeeper be ok? What is this plague that seems to be able to inspire fear so suddenly?
   I stared with sightless eyes at the tent ceiling. What's going on?
   A sudden tapping noise disturbed my train of thought, and I turned my head in the direction of the sound. Cherry was sitting upright on her mattress, monotonously tapping a pencil on her knee. Her eyes stared at the open tent flap. Following her line of sight, I realized she had a full view of the Central Forum.
   "Cherry?" I asked half-heartedly. I didn't expect a response. Her response puzzled me even more than everything else that night.
   "The storm has broken. Brace for impact." She whispered into the night air. Her head slowly turned to face me, and a glistening tear slid down her cheek, confirming she had an idea of what had taken place.
   Blinking my eyes, I looked away. The events of the night slowly faded as sleep over took me. I slipped into restless dreams of piercing screams and stormclouds, and flashes of lightning raining down on shadows of people I didn't recognize. I would try to speak to them, comfort them, to help them see hope in their circumstance. I would run to them, my feet barely touching the ground, nothing in my mind but a longing to help.

But the lightning would always strike the moment I reached them.

=~=~=~=~

Where was I?

That was the first thought I had when I woke up.

Then I noticed my surroundings. They were a pale, silvery-black tone, but that was all I could see in the dim light. Struggling to stand, I felt my way along the wall nearest to me.
   I struggled to remember how I got here. But no memory of my final moments came. All I could remember were details about my life before.
   A life in which imagination could create.
   "I see he got you too." A faint voice suddenly split the solitude. A rush of hope soared in me, and I realized I wasn't alone.
   I fell towards the direction of the voice. A still shape was leaning against a wall. I noticed a faded hoodie with a design I knew well.
   Her name floated to the surface, but I dared not utter it out loud.
   "I thought I was the only one he wanted, at first. Well, I guess I thought wrong." Her mood was so different than what I was used to. I realized the situation must have gotten to her.
   "I-I'll find a way out. Just need some light, to look for some type of escape." Almost by instinct, I summoned a glowing chunk of rock. Crystal.
   And less than a second later, the light sputtered out. The crystal fell to the ground, crumbling to dust.
  "No. no, no. This can't be happening." I muttered, realizing what had happened. Memories started coming faster, along with traces of what had happened, and how I had ended up here. 
   "Anything magical doesn't work here. Trust me, I've already tried. We all have."
   "We? There's more of you?"
   She gestured around the room. Turning, I realized it was even bigger than I had first thought.
   Several more figures were scattered around the perimeter of the room. I instantly recognized them all. A flash of fear chilled me to the bones, colder than ice.
   "What are we all doing here?" I wondered out loud. I desperately wished it was all some sort of doomsday role play, maybe some strange idea of a prank. But that hope was quickly smothered by despair.

A depressing silence answered. "No one knows." Was the unsaid reply.

=~=~=~=~=~

Oooooohhhhhh..... foreshadows (not that they will make sense until the part actually happens) and lots of hints for various things. That is, if you can catch them. And apparently, "hoodie" isn't a real word (It's underlining it in red...) I was probably a little too obvious...but I figured you guys deserve to be able to discover something without cryptic riddles and such.

RIP Dreamkeeper, sorry that you caught the plague first. Ok, not exactly sorry. Don't take this the wrong way... but the randomizer app I downloaded to choose roles choose you to have this honor. So be honored, I guess. I feel so happy, as things get really interesting in a few more chapters. As in, more fun stuff for me to write. ;)

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

turquoisepegasus48

*excited clapping*

That was really beautiful! I wish I could write half as well as you do!

• Posted at:

SAMBer&WoFMBer

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

*blushes*

Thanks so much Silver! 

• Posted at:

Just call me Author.

/258865 for more info.

THIS IS GREAT. 

I love this. 

And yeah, hoodie isn't a real word. Well, it is, but not on here, apparently. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

painted with a dark stroke, dirty on the canvas

creation was holy, we chose against it

the devil he's evil, no need to proclaim

it's the choices we make that bring glory 

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar d092541073

elfazure47

Yes! This is nice! Thanks Anonymous for writing this, I enjoyed it!

• Posted at:

Istalri M. Sapphire-Elementorial-Christian

Grimsborown

Hebrews 11:6

#TomboyClub

Queen of Biblophiles, Sad Songs and Fire

Other Summoner of Mulop

Can you be broken so many times you forget how to piece yourself together?

Princess Mononoke

/256065

Thumbnail avatar 89cdb77d1c

shywolf401

I love the story

It's so descriptive and wonderful and mysterious and-

UGH idk how to even express how amazing it is!!!

• Posted at:

| ɓαε |

|ɐʞuoW|

{fємαє-ѕнє/нєя-мαу 2015}

- wrítєr-rєαdєr-αrtíst - 

- nσt σn α schєdulє -

i píscєs αt hєαrtαríєs вч вírt^

/334283

fairycat187

Wow, that was beautiful! You're really good at writing!

• Posted at:

Cherry Omoiyari

far above the world

planet earth is blue

Thumbnail avatar 998df98b78

fairyathena472

I already love my character. She sound exactly like me, but in a post-apoctolipty (Wow I buchered that.) SAMB.

• Posted at:

KITTEN

Queen of 0w0

Author in training

Collecter of sparkly things

Wannabe artist

DnD geek

Bookworm!

Hot mess of a child

She/her

Bicurious!