"In fact, they shouldn't have any strong opinions. The only opinion they're allowed to have is to do their responsibility."

Okay, what? What you're saying is that opinions suddenly appear at eighteen? We're not the slaves of your opinions. We don't have to always agree with you. We're not robots, okay, so stop getting worried if we argue with you. When you say "Don't talk back", it's not because I'm being rude, it's because I don't have the same opinion, the same side of the story as you. It's an excuse because you don't have facts to support why I should agree with you. 

"You don't know what love or hate is."

So I never loved you? I never loved that bird I had? I never hated the person who lied to me for a year? Does love and hate suddenly become a gift at eighteen? 

"Children shouldn't keep secrets."

You're saying that we're not mature enough to keep what we feel inside? Well guess what? Maturity is not defined by a number. And I feel like it's because you don't trust me. That makes me not trust you. It's like you're teaching me not to trust people. And secrets are human. We don't have to tell you every bit of our life. I know it's because you care about me, but if you never let us practice our own thing, then how are we ever going to develop stronger maturity?

"You have to do what you're told."

Has it ever occurred to you that what we're told isn't always the morally right thing? Has it ever occurred to you that we're not robots?

Thank you. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ever After~

painted with a dark stroke, dirty on the canvas

creation was holy, we chose against it

the devil he's evil, no need to proclaim

it's the choices we make that bring glory 

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar c1636145e5

greenstorm25

Yesssssssss

• Posted at:

Waffle (Hart Traitare)

ISFP

She/her

Whovian

Hufflepuff

Socially inept

Perpetually tired, stressed, and confused

Proud member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

yeehaw

Thumbnail avatar 877756c5e9

fairywolf652

here have a niffler

• Posted at:

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL POKEMON !

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

The legend of ZELDA rules! 

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

Thumbnail avatar 9b23d31bd8

pizzapie250

Really grateful for my family right now

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female if you can't tell by the purple/pink text

sometimes I put random phrases here until I can use them in my writing. Yes, I'm that greedy with journal space.

Thumbnail avatar c1636145e5

greenstorm25

Where did you get the "Children shouldn't have political opinions" quotes from?

• Posted at:

Waffle (Hart Traitare)

ISFP

She/her

Whovian

Hufflepuff

Socially inept

Perpetually tired, stressed, and confused

Proud member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

yeehaw

@Waffle

Society. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar 16a68af843

catangel1345

i sort of feel like voting shouldn't be age based, i feel like maybe it should be based on your understanding of politics, so like, a three year old who thinks that the world is perfect maybe wouldn't vote because they cant yet understand politics and law and war and stuff, but maybe there is a thirteen year old who has a very good understanding of all that and knows the candidates objectives and goals. if there are people out there like that, then they have just as much right to vote as an eighteen year old because the know what they are doing. right?

• Posted at:

hello pplz! this is ma first post, so, ya. whats up.

Thumbnail avatar 16a68af843

catangel1345

i sort of feel like voting shouldn't be age based, i feel like maybe it should be based on your understanding of politics, so like, a three year old who thinks that the world is perfect maybe wouldn't vote because they cant yet understand politics and law and war and stuff, but maybe there is a thirteen year old who has a very good understanding of all that and knows the candidates objectives and goals. if there are people out there like that, then they have just as much right to vote as an eighteen year old because the know what they are doing. right?

• Posted at:

hello pplz! this is ma first post, so, ya. whats up.

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

@Catangel. I think they restrict it because until a child becomes an adult, your parent has full custody over you.

They could make you vote for someone, or they might make it so you can't vote.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar f32bee0135

wolfmagic494

This post is so true

• Posted at:

|Rose|

Gryffindor

Daughter of Poseidon

Capricorn

Animal lover

INFJ

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein

That horse-donkey female dog needs to learn when to shut up and look at reality for a half a second to see we can think.

• Posted at:

Salty

Female

You can't prove anything beyond your senses, and your senses can't be confirmed as true. Therefore, nothing can be certain. Things not proven to be real are assumed unreal. They can't have meaning or matter. Nothing matters.

Well, Salty, your name doesn't lie, but don't you think calling half of society a "horse-donkey female dog" a little extreme?

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

I'm a bit extreme in my opinions, I admit it. This is a subject I feel strongly on.

• Posted at:

Salty

Female

You can't prove anything beyond your senses, and your senses can't be confirmed as true. Therefore, nothing can be certain. Things not proven to be real are assumed unreal. They can't have meaning or matter. Nothing matters.

Thumbnail avatar 9f05d78861

moonlightmagic106

I don't usually say this,but AMEN!

• Posted at:

Nevermore

I am:

An unwanted

A Special

Asexual

Freezyoubrain

Queen of horror stories & teller of morbid jokes

Proud Slytherin

"Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead."

"And Montrasaur is like DUDE INDEED"-Red

Valar Doheris

come on adults just rightfully know more then us on some topics of chourse kids should be allowed to have a political opinion but come on we don't put laws into place that are made by kids for a resone 

saying aduts talk like you make them sound in your post is rude how would you like it if parents were like 

oh my daughter ( yes she is a girl ) identifys as a bigender/foxkin she read it all of of tumblr and is dooming herself to a life thinking her sexuality is a gender and she is part fox 

acualy that sounds kinda logical when you think about it and a lot of people realy think like that 

but it would still be rude 

show some respect 

• Posted at:

WE ARE NOT FAMILY 

we are a online community there is a difference

hi

Thumbnail avatar 29f5a0b9df

amberpegasus203

Fightingstrong-

I am not disagreeing with you, but the way you worded your opinion can be considered rude in itself.

Is it wrong for kids to just be kids? I believe that we are all entitled to have our own opinions, no matter how rude, disrespectful, offensive, or ungrateful they are seen as. 

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just stating my opinion. Call me rude if you want. I don't really care.

• Posted at:

Raven Tsakaryn

~est. April 2014~

Oh, how I've missed you, my friend...

Time has changed us both.

But deep down, our hearts remain the same.

So, no matter where life takes us, remember...

Well, Fightingstrong, morality isn't based on age either. You learn something new everyday, hm?

And I'm not saying they don't know better-- most of them do, but that still doesn't give them the right to control us. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

I agree with almost all these posts. Finally people are actually waking up.

• Posted at:

Leafwhisker

Wolfstar

Tigerfang

Stormy

Lulu

Whitefoot

Hornetfire

Hornetflick

Daisyleaf

Winston

Landslide

Snowy

Blackout

Birdpaw

#Icewhisker

I'm weird. Get used to it

Im insane; you?

~Christian~

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#Fade

"Geoduck- it looks like a naked turtle."

Thumbnail avatar 46792275f3

crimsonparakeet32

*reads posts* *sneaks away*

• Posted at:

~Ignis Eternal Flame~

"The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrongNot even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs."

-Will Herondale

#ICan'tThinkOfAnythingElseToPutInHer

#MoreSigSpa-

Thumbnail avatar 2e265a6c7d

ravengeneral19

yes

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 7aab741b8f

pinkpuppy1315

This is beautiful. Whenever an adult says one of these things to me, I'm just going to show them this post

• Posted at:

~Puppy Traitare-Hamiltonia~

(Demigirl ~ She/They)

Aka Spider Puppy, Dog Child, Yppup, Ghost Puppy, or Doggo

Gang:

Angelica Luise

Selena

Bliss!!!

Briggan

Mist

Violet

Flame

#IkilledNightRobin

SAMBer of the day: Aphrodite!

Thumbnail avatar 3f3bfbefa5

wolfgriffin987

*applauds Ever*

Actually, in the Convention of the Rights of a Child, Article 2 is:

1. States Parties shall respect and ensure the rights set forth in the present Convention to each child within their jurisdiction without discrimination of any kind, irrespective of the child's or his or her parent's or legal guardian's race, colour, gender, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.

2. States Parties shall take all appropriate measures to ensure that the child is protected against all forms of discrimination or punishment on the basis of the status, activities, expressed opinions, or beliefs of the child's parents, legal guardians, or family members.

Article 12.1:

States Parties shall assure to the child who is capable of forming his or her own views the right to express those views freely in all matters affecting the child, the views of the child being given due weight in accordance with the age and maturity of the child.

Article 14.1:

States Parties shall respect the right of the child to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

All that was copy and pasted straight from a UNICEF link. Therefore, we really have the right to opinions and thought. Society just does not acknowledge it.

• Posted at:

CJ

Ravenclaw

Greencloak

Ekaterina

Daughter of Poseidon

*I don't come here often anymore, but I still pop by from time to time. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thumbnail avatar 86deefe954

butterflydusk44

@CJ

Too bad I live in Canada.

Ah, who am I kididng, we probably have those same laws.

• Posted at:

Ever After~

well mr. fox i know you've got a secret to tell

but folks, we live just to hear ourselves

keep talk, non stop

and it goes, until we know

know not what to say

Thumbnail avatar 5f5a2b893a

happystorm20

omg i can relate to every single word in that post.

-wipes away tear- its so beautiful

• Posted at:

~Whirlpool~

One day your life

will flash before your eyes

make sure it is worth

watching...

Faerieare not all nice

--*{Alto}*--

Mebrightsid

FishwhiskErSLoyalClAwSpecklepaw

Those who don't believe in

MAGIC

will never find it...

Dan

Thanks, all of you. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar 7276c043aa

goblincelebration8

oh yeah!!!show'em!we aren't robots!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

THANK YOU. I'm not eighteen yet, but I can make my own decisions! I can think for myself! I know what love is, because there are people in my life who I care about! I know what hate is, I feel hatred for people like terrorists!

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar ba19973bbb

pinkpuma175

i agree

like in my city recently there was a voting thing with whether or not 16 year olds could vote in city matters

and my mom was saying "children don't have any political opinions"

since my sister didn't know who the mayor of the city was

like seriously i have strong opinions for stuff and im only 13 (not saying that 13 year olds should vote)

us kids are the future

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar d2f5006105

tigerwolf4248

Yes!! We have brains we have thoughts we have our owns opinions. Do they expect us to follow them around and just nod and smile at everything they say?

• Posted at:

Tigris

#SaveTheTigers 

They stalk the night on silent paws, 

They catch it in their careful claws

They stand with striped heads held high and tall, for 

They are tigers, never to fall

Twin=Aphrodite 

Warrior Cat Fan 

(No longer active. Remember me.)

Thumbnail avatar

amberwolf2674

THANK YOU!!!!! I'm the oldest child in my family so not only do I get treated this way, but whenever I do anything wrong my parents act like "oh I never would have done that to my mom/dad when I was your age" or "my mom/dad would have smacked me if I talked like that to them" like NO!!!

You were not, I repeat WERE NOT, perfect as a child. Stop. I totally agree with everything you said in that post, spiritdreamtime38. And next time either of my parents says anything like this, I'll show them this post. So basically, thank you for providing us SAMBers with this highly valuable proof that people under 18 (notice how I said people, not children) have opinions.

• Posted at:

I'm Amber: socially awkward. Don't judge.

#intovertproblems

#writeratheart

94% of people think wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who think wolves are shy and amazing creatures.

Thumbnail avatar

amberwolf2674

Omg sorry I got your name wrong I looked back at my post just now and realized it's spiriteddreamtime38... I'm really embarrassed now... sorry.

• Posted at:

I'm Amber: socially awkward. Don't judge.

#intovertproblems

#writeratheart

94% of people think wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who think wolves are shy and amazing creatures.

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

Me: Love you, mom.

Mom: You don't know what love is.

Me: Okay, I don't love you then. ;)

Mom: -_-

Sorry mom, I'm just not a nice person. While I don't feel love for anyone outside my family, and probably never Will, I know what it is. Remember when my first dog died? I cried for weeks. Right, I didn't love her either. OPEN YOUR EYES ADULTS.

• Posted at:

♪♪  ꧁《tσrnαdσ》꧂♪♪

☆We have a reputation of failure to uphold!☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!

INTJ

Tornado's Inactivity? Band. Hotel? Trivago.

NOTHING EVER LASTS FOREVER.

Thumbnail avatar 01454f41e5

dragonwarrior29

@CatAngel: Your idea is noble, but (no offense) impractical. Laws require concrete standards or they can't be followed. There is no concrete standard for maturity, wisdom, or political awareness, so that cannot be the standard for voting. Were there to be some sort of test you had to pass, that would be more reasonable, but such a test could be tweaked until it's almost impossible to pass. There is no perfect standard, but eighteen is good because it's concrete and that's when people are generally mature (or least not immature), they've seen a bit of the world, and laws are starting to affect them personally instead of just their parents. It's also a good standard because people generally don't pay taxes before then. There's a saying that only taxpayers should be allowed to vote, and I mostly agree with that, since they're the ones paying for the government in the first place and because they're the ones affected by tax laws (duh). If you want to influence legislation but you're not of voting age, you can write letters to your congressmen and let them know what you think. I've found that it's the vocal few and not the silent majority who get laws passed, so by speaking up (especially if you pull your friends in too) you really are making a difference.

But yeah, kids are allowed to have opinions. If anyone ever tells you that after you state your opinion, just say, "That's an ad hominem attack. Please tell me why you think my argument is invalid, not why you think I am invalid, because when you do that, you devalue my worth as a human being. Age doesn't make you right, being right makes you right."

Fun fact: the voting age was changed from 21 to 18 by an amendment to the Constitution. The thought was, since you can join the military once you're 18, if you're willing to die for your country, you should be allowed to vote.

• Posted at:

Call me Elephant/ Lufflelent.

#Ketzel

I'm a girl. I just like my boy hero better at the moment.

Current obsession: staying alive. And Pinterest.

Don't reply to mean posts. Just report them.

I believe. I believe. I believe.

@Dragonwarrior 

Holyyyy that's the most correct and long post I have ever seen.

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar 01454f41e5

dragonwarrior29

XD Thanks!

• Posted at:

Call me Elephant/ Lufflelent.

#Ketzel

I'm a girl. I just like my boy hero better at the moment.

Current obsession: staying alive. And Pinterest.

Don't reply to mean posts. Just report them.

I believe. I believe. I believe.

Thumbnail avatar 24a31254dc

wolfbird1019

So true

• Posted at:

~Aura~

Flips-

~Venti~

~Nebrea~

It's spooky season!

Goddess of Imagination