Small brandon mull

Brandon Mull : author

Greetings Greencloaks,

You all had such great questions for me and I’ve answered a few of my favorites below. I hope you’re all looking forward to Hunted. And remember—all of Erdas needs you!

1. Have you ever collaborated with other authors to write a series/book?

Spirit Animals marks the first time I’ve collaborated with other authors on a series. So far it has been a rewarding experience. I’d do it again!

2. Which character in Wild Born do you think you're most like?

I’m probably most like Conor in the sense that I like to please others and try to do what is right. My sense of humor is more like Rollan.

3. Which of the Four Fallen is your favorite?

That’s hard because I like them all.  If I have to pick one, maybe Essix because she can see people’s motives, which would be useful.  As a friend, Jhi might win, because of her calm intelligence.

4. If you could have any superpower, what would you want?

I would choose the power to heal myself and others.

5. What got you interested in writing?

I’ve loved adventure stories since I was a kid. Because I like reading adventure stories, I started daydreaming about those kind of stories, which led to me writing fantasy adventures. I love creating fantasy worlds and situations, whether secret wildlife parks for magical creatures like in my Fablehaven series, or entirely new worlds like in my Beyonders series and in Spirit Animals.

6. Will Devin Trunswick ever battle Conor?

I created the outline for the seven books in the series, but many of those details will evolve as the other authors make adjustments while telling their stories.  I expect that Devin and Conor will meet again.

7. What's your favorite animal?

When I was a kid, my favorite exotic animal was a white tiger I saw at a zoo. I also like dolphins and dogs.

8. If you had a Spirit animal what would it be and why?

On Earth I would probably choose a dolphin, because they seem smart and fun-loving. In Erdas, maybe something more powerful like a grizzly or a tiger.

9. Is the next talisman Rumfuss the Boar's?

That seems like a good guess to me.

10. Please, please, please tell us something about Hunted!

You will find out about Bile, a very dangerous substance being used by the Devourer. The best twists and turns in the series are yet to come.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Thumbnail avatar

darkpanther22

Hi,

So your the one. Who has the details on the whole series. I think you should spill some stuff. Like I forgot to send my questions, but are you going to be the one writing the ebooks for this series. I been looking for them. I know the ifnity ring is coming out next month.

-KT

• Posted at:

Writer Reader FanGirl

Its time to begin isnt? I get a little bit, Bigger but then I"ll admit. I'm just the same as I was.Now don't you understand. That..

I'm never changing who I am!

Thumbnail avatar

blackdragon2623

brandon i am a huge fan of your series beyonders. i love the spirit animals series but what would be really awesome would be a beyonders movie! i would love that

• Posted at:

Traxis firebringer leader of the order of the komodo dragon

we fight the conquerers whereever they hide and defend komodo dragons in real life by raising awareness

Thumbnail avatar 5b0fc607cd

rabbitjumping19

First one to post! I loved Wild Born! My favorite charater is Abeke, I like nature a lot. I like Uraze too. Could we have a leperod as a spirit animal. That would be so cool! If I had a superpower I would like to turn into other animals and experiment what they do and how they communicate to each other. My first animal I would try would be some kind of bird. Like a flamingo. Did you know that the more shirmp they eat the pinker they will get? It's true, I've seen almost a hot pink one before. If I had my own spirit animal, it would be flamingo because how talented they are. How they stand on one foot while they were sleeping. To me, flamingos are special animals because it's rare that animals are pink or stand on one foot when they are sleeping or get pinker the more shirmp they eat.

I want to become an author and illustrator! I would like to write chapter books for kids like in fourth or fifth grade. I might right something like fantasy or talking animals with powers orsomething like that. I also like reading books, when if I become an author I might get stuff from other books and put them in to mine and give them something else. My favorite animal is the flamingo.

Bye!

• Posted at:

Sonic the Hedgehog!!

Miles Tails Prower!!

Knuckles the Echidna!!

Amy Rose!!

Shadow the Hedgehog!!

Stick the Badger!!

Silver the Hedgehog!!

Blaze the Cat!!

Maria Robotnik!!

Professer Gerald Robotnik!!

I love Sonic the Hedgehog Characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail avatar 3d90a63a0f

tigergriffin148

My sister got me interested in spirit animals.  It is awesome!

I love Fablehaven too!

Dragons Rule!   

• Posted at:

Greencloaks forever! 

Slytherin

FireClan; Rainpool

Dauntless

Crazy cat lady.....

Icewing!

Daughter of Hades

Sith Lord

District 12

Time Lord....

Pegasister

Leo

Thumbnail avatar f430b83704

amberdragon664

Brandon Mull, I would like you to answer a question I have:

How did you get your first book (Fablehaven) published?

• Posted at:

Call me 666

Join author central, and read The Conrell Clan (both on the forums)

http://spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/1799

http://spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/2042

Inkheart is awesome!

Thumbnail avatar 1d186a332d

tigerwolf543

i have to ask you something. if you had a tiger, would it be white or ornge? i'm not good at spelling.

• Posted at:

Nara, my fighter, oldest. Jada, my intellagence, second oldest. Quinn, my poisoner, third oldest. Clara, my adventurer, youngest. Phantom, my tiger. Midnight, my komodoo. Blaze, my penguin. Mercy, my fox.

life. i won't be on for a while guys.

Thumbnail avatar

turquoisefairy110

I love all of your books! I cant wait until Hunted is out!

• Posted at:

The Legend Lives In You....

Thumbnail avatar a0a794e3ad

fairyjuno9

Brandon Mull, would you like to see a story I made up? I'll show it down below.

Chapter 1: Dallmanys new home.

"Dallmany, would you please go see if you can find some coral?" Asked her brother. "Sure thing!" Replied Dallmany. She swam out of the underwater cave. I should check the Coral patch. thought Dallmany. She swam to the Coral patch. "Oh dear," said Dallmany. There were Chomper fish all over the Coral patch! "They're going to eat all the coral! I better stop them!" She stuck out her back spikes and swam as fast as she could toward the Chomper fish. "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" She scared them away, and she landed with a soft flump in some sea weed. "Now I should get some coral before they come back, and maybe some of this sea weed, too."

*.*.*

"Oof, maybe I should'nt of gotten this much sea weed and coral." groaned Dallmany. She had sea weed all over her back and was carrying coral with her front and back legs. "You're back! Whoa, thats a lot of sea weed and coral! Well done!" said her brother. Dallmany blushed. "I found this at the Coral patch. There were Chomper fish all over the Coral patch, and if I hadn't scared them away, I would'nt have this cor-'' she stopped mid-sentence. She heard a low "Grr" in the distance, and it was getting louder every second!"Whats that sound?" asked Dallmany. Suddenly, a huge shark stuck its head in the cave and roared!"Sh-shark!" cried Dallmany."I'll protect you, Dallmany!" yelled her brother."Get out of here, now!" he told her."W-what about you?" asked Dallmany. "I don't know, so just go!" he told her."But.." she began."Go!!" he yelled. There was a gap she could squeeze through. She got out, and swam away as fast as she could. When she was far away, she stopped, catching her breath. I hope my brother is okay.... she thought. After a few hours she went back. When she got there. she gasped. Every thing was destroyed. She saw her brother on the floor of the cave. Blood was mixed with the water."Are you okay, brother?!" she cried. No answer. "Brother?" she whispered."Brother!!"

Do you like it?

• Posted at:

hey i'm eli, a nerd from 2013, and i am just

· a huge kirby dork

· something of a writer, i rp a lot

· a teen who rambles too much

· and an artsy heck who draws a lot

that's about all that's special about me

Thumbnail avatar aee7000cd8

dragonwolf2377

hope you wont mind andswering this question.Its below in white

What led you to making this book?Just wonderingThanks im your biggest fan and i cant wait for hunted!!!Did you know I am in GT?Now gotta go to sunset tower!!!Oh yeah and ive allready got the

Amber leopard of Uraza and The marble swan on Ninani!!

Peace from DragonWolf!!!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

puppypizza27

This is the first book I've read of yours, and it's really good. But it would be even better if there was a movie for Spirit Animals! I'm glad that you answered!

PS I sent a friend request to you! Please accept!

~Sera Lightningdash, Harmonie Goldenwhisper, Shadow the Penguin and loco Sphinx the Komondo Dragon

• Posted at:

Call me Maximum or Maxi!

Verity's/Twi's friend from real life!

Thumbnail avatar

artemissunshine10

CAN YOU PUT ME IN YOUR NEXT BOOK?

• Posted at:

omg las vagas

Thumbnail avatar

wolfhunting605

HI!!! Love your books!!!

• Posted at:

SPIRIT ANIMALS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Thumbnail avatar f4c98748c5

lynxkitten65

Hi,

I can't see all of my friend's heroes. Can you fix that? And can you guys add a group message thing so we can all talk privately?

• Posted at:

Fae Silver

Proud Slytherin

Click boom and it happened.

But no one else was in the room where it happened.

Thumbnail avatar

scarletartemis16

Hi!

How did you find out about Spirit animals? If I became a writer I'd so want to be a part of stuff like this!

• Posted at:

Christie

daughter of Apollo:Percy Jackson

Hufflepuff: Harry Potter

Amity: Divergent

Ekaterina:39 clues

Biggest Marvel geek ever!  I'm awesome.

For Asgard!                                StarKid

Grammar police Intern                              

Thumbnail avatar

pinkrabbit285

When will "Hunted" going to be out? I love your books!!!

• Posted at:

Character Name:Isabella Dreamsparkle   Grade:4th

Favorites

1.music

2.Spirit Animals

3.Orchestra

4.BFF'S

5.I like the color pink

Please join my music club! :)

Thumbnail avatar bcbc96dd63

anubisdragon127

Thanks for answering one of my questions! I just finished the first fablehaven and can't wait to read the second. I also cannot wait for Hunted!!!

• Posted at:

anubisdragon127 aka DragonTurtle28

Proud Lucian

Daughter of Hades

Dragon Rider

Soccer player

Skier

Shapeshifter

Leader of Dragonclan

DRAGONSTAR!!

Proud Lucian

Daughter of Hades

Nightwing

Tamer of the Komodo Dragon

Sister to Sera Darktail

Greencloak

Thunderclan Warrior

Ravenclaw House

Blood of the Pharaohs

I am a Dragon Rider! My Dragon is Pearl! 

Thumbnail avatar

phoenixbird515

I TOTALLY WANT TO READ HUNTED! THE BOOKSTORE NEAR ME IS ORDERING IT FOE ME! SO EXCITED!

• Posted at:

HI EVERYBODY!

I'M PHOENIX!

PLEASE BUDDY ME IF YOU LIKE SPIRIT ANIMALS!

CAUSE' YOUR AWESOME!

(THATS MY MOTO)

Thumbnail avatar

phoenixbird515

I LOVE you books!

Want to read more!Make book faster PLEASE!

• Posted at:

HI EVERYBODY!

I'M PHOENIX!

CAUSE' YOUR AWESOME!

(THATS MY MOTO)

Thumbnail avatar

eagledragonfly88

it is not out yet beacuse it come out on new years day

• Posted at:

RunWright employey

Thumbnail avatar

eagledragonfly88

how do i play with my brother

p.s            

• Posted at:

RunWright employey

Thumbnail avatar

fairyhermes3

I love all your books

• Posted at:

fairyhermes3 aka CatClever36

Books can take you to magical worlds

I really like to read books!

Thumbnail avatar

hawkdragon167

Brandon Mull, thank you for making all these wonderful books, Fablehaven, Beyonders, and now Spirit Animals? AWESOME! Thanks again!

• Posted at:

Red Pandas

Thumbnail avatar

impkraken11

Dear Brandon Mull,

Thank you SO much for answering our questions! Spirit Animals is my favorite book series at the moment! I can't wait until Hunted.

I also have another question. Do you have any idea for what the third Spirit Animals book is gonna be? I understand if you don't know yet and if you don't have the cover art yet but if you do please tell me!

Spirit Animals Online is also my favorite game at the moment! I love how much it plays like an MMO but there are no strangers on to troll you or creep you out.

-Kith Stormchanter

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

dragonstorm445

oh my goodness!!!you wrote Fablehaven AND Spirit Animals?!?! You are AMAZING!!!!I love Fablehaven!!!I started to read it when my friend at school finished the first one and recomended it to me!Midnight says he really loves your work!Midnight says hi!Anyways,I have to go,Midnight is nudging his ball towards me,I think he wants to play! Bye!

-Brooke+Midnight

• Posted at:

I love animals!!!

They are so starnge!!!

I want to research them when I grow up!!!

They are also amazing!!!

I hope to see you later!!!

Thumbnail avatar 43346682e6

catfrost74

Well i think its fun to be suprised

• Posted at:

I am a warrior who fears no evil. I am Dawnstar, leader of RiverClan. My only secrets are revealed to those I trust. I AM A WARRIOR!!!

RIVERCLAN!

WRITING ROCKS!

READING RULES!

Thumbnail avatar b663ac9925

eagledragon1343

I haven't read Wild Born yet because my book fair is on Tuesday and Thursday and I'm going Thursday but I am FOR SURE getting Wild Born for they sell it there can't wait!!!

• Posted at:

eve

Thumbnail avatar

yellowblue97

Why cant you put other animals in the game

• Posted at:

Drina Has Been Defeated

Thumbnail avatar

bearblue1279

I am really looking forward to Hunted!!

How did that happen?!?!??!?!??!?!? Lol giant text :D Hunted sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Weellllllllllllllllll...

That was random... Lol again... RANDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM <---- Random <--- Random

Ok ok, I'm done :D :D :D :D :D Signed, Lina Silverstone <-- & Yuki the fox

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

phoenixbird515

I LOVE your story. Espeshally that ending.

• Posted at:

HI EVERYBODY!

I'M PHOENIX!

CAUSE' YOUR AWESOME!

(THATS MY MOTO)

Thumbnail avatar

doggray168

hunted comes out on the month of my birthday!!!!!!

• Posted at:

REMEMBER MIMI AND SKY.

S'up, I'm Kilala!Queen of Manga!

My Gang:   Inuyasha

Kagome

Miroku

Songo

Thumbnail avatar

phoenixbird515

HI EVERYBODY IF YOU KNOW THE CODE FOR THE SECOND SPIRIT ANIMALS BOOK PLEASE TELL ME! ONLY HAVE 25 GREENHEART TOKENS LEFT! WANT TO GET A PENGUIN TO !!!!

• Posted at:

HI EVERYBODY!

I'M PHOENIX!

CAUSE' YOUR AWESOME!

(THATS MY MOTO)

Thumbnail avatar

bluehawk256

hey brandon im most like connor to.. and i want to ask a whole bunch of questions but they all add up to are you going to make a movie and one other thing can i be connor if you do.. give me an address and ill come auddition and you now what it all adds up to what your answer is so post it on my page if you ever read this thanks for your time bluehawk256

• Posted at:

like me  friend me  ill battel with me

Thumbnail avatar

bearblue1279

My next achievement I am trying to get is "Choose your region" Or something like that... I don't know how!

Please help me!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

dragonposeidon257

Mr.Mull i have read every fablehaven book three times and really enjoy them i was very excited to see that you are working on this series with other authers i just know that your going to make this series awesome. also i don't see what devin was so mad about just because Conor got a spirit animal and he didn't doesn't mean he has to be so mad about it or so rude to him i hope Briggan gives him a close up of those wicked teeth he's got.

• Posted at:

We'll support you Conor each and every one of us are here to help you any way we can cause that's what friends are for.

Thumbnail avatar 9cb6602aab

ivoryphoenix57

I really liked your book, but are the next ones going to be longer? I'm in 8th Grade Advanced English, and I just flew right through the book. Anyway, this game is nice too. Without it, I wouldn't have known the series existed. It's fun to play on and it has a whole story behind it. I'm awaiting the next book!

• Posted at:

Leia Noblebrook  and  Zephyr the Tiger

Clan of the Mountain People, Region of Eura

Daughter of Ronan and Lyn Noblebrook

Follower of Conor and Briggan

Leader of the Golden Fire Clan

Hi, I have read books 1 & 2 of Fablehaven and now EVERYONE is wanting it because it's SO good! Anyway, I was wondering, where do you get the others?

• Posted at:

~Savvy~

P.S. Olinguitos are awesome and should never be misjudged! Also, respect the PlAtYpUs!!!

Thanks! :D Signed, Roxy (my fox)

• Posted at:

~Savvy~

P.S. Olinguitos are awesome and should never be misjudged! Also, respect the PlAtYpUs!!!

Thumbnail avatar

amberblue555

I like all the stuff you love! Awesome!

• Posted at:

Hello my friends! -The Unitards

(this is a really awesome movie!!!!!)

Go Spirit Animals!

-Amberblue555

Thumbnail avatar

artemishera10

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.