Thumbnail avatar

tigersaga37

Please, I need more books to read and fall in love with 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hey there my dudes, I'm officially back 

Learn to fly, Learn to fly, Show the world How you try.But don't let go Until you know,Until you know me 

Challenger Deep, Neal Shusterman-

A boy has two realities, one is real, the other is hallucinations. He struggles with mental illness. 

It's a touching story, written amazingly. The author's son had schizophrenia, and the story is inspired by him. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

painted with a dark stroke, dirty on the canvas

creation was holy, we chose against it

the devil he's evil, no need to proclaim

it's the choices we make that bring glory 

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar

tigersaga37

Thank you so much!

• Posted at:

Hey there my dudes, I'm officially back 

Learn to fly, Learn to fly, Show the world How you try.But don't let go Until you know,Until you know me 

Thumbnail avatar 01454f41e5

dragonwarrior29

Here's some. Tell us what kinds of books you like to read/some books you really like and I'll try to tailor a list to you. 

Keeper of the Lost Cities - a long time ago elves separated themselves from humanity by creating the Lost Cities. A girl finds out she's an elf and tries to figure out why she was placed among humans. First of five (so far, with two more to come).

Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King - the first book in the series the Rise of the Guardians movie was (loosely) based off of. Gives me all the feels. I think there are four so far, with at least one more to come.

Ranger's Apprentice series - a kid becomes *GASP* a ranger's apprentice! This was the first series to ever make me fangirl. I love the characters.

The Books of the Beginning series - three kids searching for the Books of the Beginning, which created the world or something (it's been a while since I've read them). The first one is about the kids trying to figure out why a village has no children. I haven't gotten around to the last book yet, but it's great so far.

The Cabinet of Wonders by Rutkoski - a girl steals her father's eyes back from a ruler. Sounds kind of grisly, but it's not. First of three. The writing in the first book could be better, but the author does improve. 

The Mysterious Benedict Society - After passing a series of tests, four kids go undercover at a school to investigate what the founder has planned for the world. First of four (one is a prequel). 

Miles Wednesday and the Palace of Laughter - a kid rescues an angel, meets a tiger, and breaks into the Palace of Laughter. First of three. The second book could be better, but it's worth a read.

• Posted at:

Call me Elephant/ Lufflelent.

#Ketzel

I'm a girl. I just like my boy hero better at the moment.

Current obsession: staying alive. And Pinterest.

Don't reply to mean posts. Just report them.

I believe. I believe. I believe.

Thumbnail avatar 877756c5e9

fairywolf652

Harry Potter you will become attached to it

• Posted at:

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL POKEMON !

WINGS OF FIRE !

ARTEMIS RULES !

aa HUFFLEPUFF !

The legend of ZELDA rules! 

"Always "

Peace and equality 

Call Me FAIRY

ELEPHANT YOU READ NICHOLAS ST NORTH TOO OH MY GOSH 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar 4b69e7d7de

birdbrain2291

1. The Lampo Circus
By Alexandra Adornetto
​​This book is called The Lampo Circus. It is about a girl called Millipop Klompet and a boy called Ernest Perriclof. They believe they have defeated the power-hungry menace Lord Aldor the Illustrious. But soon, their thoughts are changed when the unexected arrival in Drabville of Fredrico Lampo and his travelling circus. The children are lured into the tent by advertisements and are transorted into Battalion Minor, a grim world with gruelling routines and inedible meals. What's worse, they soon find out that Aldor it plotting to conquer the fairy province of Mirth.. Milli and Ernest set out to warn the fairy queen. On the way, they face numerous challenges that they eventually overcome including the Grin Bandits and a life-sized game of Monopoly. Who will win in the "final" battle?
ISBN: 9780732286286
Age recommendation: 8+years old

2. The Hobbit
By J.R.R Tolkien
The Hobbit is simply a masterpiece. It is about a hobbit called Bilbo Baggins. All he is used to is eating, sleeping and just having some peaceful time. But now, Gandalf the wizard sets him on a "job". Bilbo, thirteen dwarfs (or dwarves, as in the book) and Gandalf himself must embark on a journey perilous enough that some of them will not return. They are to raid the hoard (of jewellery) of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon . . .
ISBN: 9780261102217
​Age recommendation: 10+ years old

• Posted at:

~ Happiness is not something you postphone for the future; it is something you design for the present ~

~ It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. ~

/323585

Call me Bird or Brains (I hate that name so much)

Oh, age recommendations, but of course. 

Challenger Deep should be for ages 12+ because of minor swear words and a really dad scene. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

*sad 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar 7aab741b8f

pinkpuppy1315

The Last Dogs

After all humans mysteriously vanish, three dogs go on a quest to be reunited with their human families and find out why they disappeared.

Upside Down Magic

Everyone has magical powers, but some people's magic is wonky, or "upside down".

• Posted at:

~Puppy Traitare-Hamiltonia~

(Demigirl ~ She/They)

Aka Spider Puppy, Dog Child, Yppup, Ghost Puppy, or Doggo

Gang:

Angelica Luise

Selena

Bliss!!!

Briggan

Mist

Violet

Flame

#IkilledNightRobin

SAMBer of the day: Aphrodite!

dragonwarrior29

SOMEONE ELSE WHO READS THE GUARDIANS!!!!!!!! SQQQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *explodes from excitement*

As for age recommendations all of mine should be good for like 8 and up except Ranger's Apprentice because that has some cussing because the author is Australian and that's not a cuss word over there I think but the majority of the cussing is in the first book which you can skip if you really want to but I hope you read it anyway.

• Posted at:

#Ketzel

Thumbnail avatar 8967521d21

pantherlynx30

hobbit/lord of the rings by jrr tolikin 

Harry potter by jk rowling

(my first fandom)

percy Jackson/rick riordan

jessicas ghost

hunger games

pretty much all these everyone has heard of

• Posted at:

Call me Shadow

Gang: Odetta/morse | Alizeh/Binary | Adelin/hex | Ace|Lola/moonrise | Aine|phoebe

You knock me out, I fall apart

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester.

I think the age level should be, like, 9+ or something.

• Posted at:

~Bexley~

Let's see here. Uh.. I'm a Seawing, demigod, Hufflepuff, and ninja.

I am also an elf.

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

Hmmm... What kind of books do you like, Tiger?

@Puppy- I love those books!!! 

• Posted at:

Forget all this stuff that I usually put here. The forums are ending so no one cares what's supposed to be here.

But this is what I want you all to remember: Be kind. You will have everything in life if you are kind.

Love you all.

~Windsong <3

dragonwarrior29

Ever - I got Challenger Deep from the library. It's pretty good so far (I'm on chapter 65, I think).

• Posted at:

#Ketzel

YESSSS 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar

breezehawk40

The Section series by Kiera Cass

Pirates! by Celia Rees

The secret diary of Adrian Mole 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend

Love mimi

• Posted at:

He wears his heart

safety pinned to his backpack

His backpack is all that he knows

Shot down by strangers

whose glances can cripple

the heart and devour the soul

Emerald<3

Thumbnail avatar af0c6c6246

skyscraperarrow12

Walking With Two Moons... i think that's what it's called

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Ninjago Fan?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...

Thumbnail avatar a5699c33b5

pizzaruby95

Ragnor Trilogy (Or Irina Trilogy) by Leah Swann

• Posted at:

Solangelo

Pizza Mirima Historia

Just a Random Redcloak

Hunter of Artemis, Daughter of Hades

Bounty Hunter, Hunteress, Junsong Warrior

Queen of Loneliness+

"I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk"~Ruby Rose (RWBY)

EVER=TWIN

#Tempa

RWBY

Dyslexic

Thumbnail avatar 4ac07111af

soccerraven43

-reccomends 77 books-

No, but here are a few:

1. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes

There's some swearing, I would say a mature 11 year old could read it. 

Rating: 4.99999999 stars...I really don't like giving things a perfect 5 star rating but it comes sooooooo close

Summary:  

The Kevinian cult has taken everything from seventeen-year-old Minnow: twelve years of her life, her family, her ability to trust.

And when she rebelled, they took away her hands, too.

Now their Prophet has been murdered and their camp set aflame, and it's clear that Minnow knows something—but she's not talking. As she languishes in juvenile detention, she struggles to un-learn everything she has been taught to believe, adjusting to a life behind bars and recounting the events that led up to her incarceration. But when an FBI detective approaches her about making a deal, Minnow sees she can have the freedom she always dreamed of—if she’s willing to part with the terrible secrets of her past.

The summary doesn't really do it justice. It hooks you with the first line, however. This book is amazing. I haven't even finished it but it's already one of my favorite books.

2. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaria

Some swearing, and some, uh, mentions of abuse. Mentions of alcohol and smoking as well. 

Age Range: 12+ (I actually kinda agree with this one. A mature 11 year old could also read it)

Rating: 4.5 stars. I don't like to gives things 5 stars because that would mean they're perfect, but this comes close.

Summary:

It began as an assignment for English class: write a letter to a dead person.

Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to the dead--to people like Janis Joplin, Heath Ledger, Amelia Earhart, and Amy Winehouse--though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating the choppy waters of new friendships, learning to live with her splintering family, falling in love for the first time, and, most important, trying to grieve for May. But how do you mourn for someone you haven't forgiven?

It's not until Laurel has written the truth about what happened to herself that she can finally accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has began to see her sister as the person she was--lovely and amazing and deeply flawed--can she truly start to discover her own path.

Again, the summary doesn't really do it justice. I don't think any summaries ever do. It's definitely one of my favorite books. It's also being made into a movie, which I just found out.

3. Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk

Age Range: 10+

Rating: 4.2 stars

Summary:

Growing up in the shadows cast by two world wars, Annabelle has lived a mostly quiet, steady life in her small Pennsylvania town. Until the day new student Betty Glengarry walks into her class. Betty quickly reveals herself to be cruel and manipulative, and while her bullying seems isolated at first, things quickly escalate, and reclusive World War I veteran Toby becomes a target of her attacks. While others have always seen Toby’s strangeness, Annabelle knows only kindness. She will soon need to find the courage to stand as a lone voice of justice as tensions mount.

The summary is reeeeaaaaalllly bad for that one, but I promise you it is an amazing book. It takes place during WWII and is probably one of the few historical fiction books I like.

I may recommend a few more later.

• Posted at:

{Blitz} 

|Gang: /284304|

|#AllPeopleArePeople|

|#GlassAlAnimals| 

|#FreedomChild|

|#StormerProblems|

[INACTIVE]

~Now Ceol, or tricksterangel41~

Unwind by Neal Shusterman is also a good one. 

Anything by Neal Shusterman, really. 

Anyways:

In a dystopian future, parents may choose to "unwind" their teen by sending them to "harvest camps" and getting their organs and other body parts harvested. By law, 100% of their body is alive, so by law, the unwound teens are alive and "in a divided state". 

The story revolves around three main characters: Connor, Risa, and Lev. Connor Lassiter is a troubled kid; getting kicked out of schools, never abiding by the rules. His parents decided the best path for him was to get him unwound. Risa Ward is a Ward of the state, an orphan. She gets unwound because of the budget cuts needed for the other kids. Lev Calder is a tithe, a holy gift to God, as his parents are Christian and they give 10% of everything to God, Lev being their tenth child. 

I won't give out the plot, because it's way too interesting to spoil. 

I rate it 10/10. The series is very sentimental, and I'll admit it made me almost tear up a few times. 

It's recommended for 13+, for the language. 

• Posted at:

Ever After~

glory to his name! 

but u can call me ever

twin = ayita !

Thumbnail avatar fef408cf58

lionphoenix181

Lockwood & co. Look it up, I'm to lazy to type the summary. 

• Posted at:

Eclipse Queerson

Pelus

Silverwing

Nyra/Thomas/Lunar/Emily/Freya/Will/

i'm straightn't

she/her

Slytherpuff

#AllPeopleArePeople

@/297982

hey: never gonna give you up

20bi-teen, mon amies

coulbe gayer

my battery is low

and its getting dark

- rip oppy

soccerraven43

I love Neal Shusterman. 

• Posted at:

{Blitz} 

|#AllPeopleArePeople|

|#GlassAlAnimals| 

|#FreedomChild|

|#StormerProblems|

[INACTIVE]

Thumbnail avatar dd6482efaa

angeldragon4125

~ The Unwanteds and the Unwanteds Quests (It's the new continuation of the Unwanteds. Sort of depressing book, but I like it)

~ Treasure Island (#classics)

~ The Only Pirate at the Party (Recommended if you like music, especially violin, viola, cello, or piano)

~ Maze Runner (One of my classics, such a good series but the movies don't do it justice)

~ Divergent ~ (Amazing series, but again, the movies don't do it justice. I would say that the books are for more "mature" readers though....)

~ Harry Potter (Though you've probably already read it =P)

~ Chronicle of Narnia (Would recommend if you're a big into fiction)

~ Seven Kingdoms (I can't even put into words how good the books are)

~ Percy Jackson (One of my favorite series of all time. Recommended if you like Greek history, but even if you aren't too big into that kind of stuff, it's still an amazing series.

~ Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (Just like Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and the Kane Chronicles, this will really get you interested in history, Norse history to be exact. Even written by the same writer =3)

~ Ranger's Apprentice (Amazing series, but I don't think that the movies, when they come out, will do the books justice)

~ The Hunger Games (Found the series because of one of my classmates in fifth grade and I've adored it ever since)

~ The Tomorrow Series (Just started reading them, but I find them interesting because I'm sort of a history nerd and I love Australia, except for the Internet =3)

~ Lord of the Rings (If you haven't read it, go get yourself over to the nearest library and get it. That's all I can say)

~ To Kill A Mockingbird (My parents forced me to read it and I found that I really, really liked it. Like, a lot)

~ Horizon (hehehehe....)

~ Wings of Fire (DRAGONS, DRAGONS, AND MORE DRAGONS xD)

~ Warriors (I've read every one of the books. That's how good the kitties are. lol)

• Posted at:

Speshal Bubbles

Just a quote-hungry pocket of air. Don't mind me.

Oof. #dryskingang

our hopes and expectations

black holes and revelations...

starlight

i will be chasing a starlight

until the end of my life

i don't know if it's worth it anymore...

soccerraven43

I love Warriors as well and Magnus Chase...I would definitely recommend those, too, Bubbles

• Posted at:

{Blitz} 

|#AllPeopleArePeople|

|#GlassAlAnimals| 

|#FreedomChild|

|#StormerProblems|

[INACTIVE]

Thumbnail avatar 2ce3cde1a6

mummycat42

Percy jackson and the olympians

The heroes of olympus

The kane chronicles

Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard

The trials of Apollo

Dork Diaries

• Posted at:

I am a greencloak

A demigod daughter of Hades

Magician of the house of life

A host of bast

Keeper

Wolves are shy and lovable creatures.

APFAMRTNU 

Club

Pronounced: "Apft-Mr-Tnuo-Mint"

call me nightshade

"I'm not crazy. I prefer the term mentally hilarious" 

Thumbnail avatar 3dd540aa9e

lightningsong21

This is perfect. I read too much anyway, so here it goes:

Rebel Genius by Micheal Dante DiMartino

Five Kingdoms by Brandon Mull (series)

Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly (another series)

Puddlejumpers by Mark Jean & Christopher C. Carlson

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (yet another series)

and I CAN NOT stress enough the importance of reading Harry Potter. Seriously, if you haven't read it, you have no idea what you're missing!

• Posted at:

~ Song ~

Call me crazy. I know you're right.

#born_dancer

#proudChristian

If nothing goes right... go left.

Daughter of Apollo

Gryffindor!

I didn't choose to be a writer. It chose me.

...and I probably read more than I speak...

Thread Ghost

Thumbnail avatar 6519ec8898

dragoncloudburst385

Ok, I have a couple.

First, Zodiac by Romina Russell

Second, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (No Lindsey Stirling references, please)

I'll add some new ones soon

• Posted at:

Stormwinds Aimable

What more did you expect from me?

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Young Samurai by Chris Bradford

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

-Night Witches by Kathryn Lasky

-The Dear America series

-The Elsie Dinsmore series

-The Who Was books

Okay, I just realized that all of those are either historical fiction or history.

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

Thumbnail avatar b663ac9925

eagledragon1343

@stormwinds

hey I have Zodiac!

hm okay here goes my list (it's gonna suck compared to others but hey) [also I'm kinda copying Blitz's recommending-style sorry] most of these (hah, probably all) are going to be fantasy because I love fantasy so here

1. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling

Age Range: 10+, maybe?

basically, if you haven't already read it, you need to. Culture yourself. No summary needed.

2. All of Rick Riordan's books

Age Range: maybe more of a 9+?

they're all mythology related. And they're fun. Just do it.

3. The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

Age Range: more of a 12+

Cassie's my favorite author, so I'm going to put pretty much all of her books/series here.

Anyway, these books are about this girl, Clary, who meets this guy, Jace, and his buddies. Turns out they're actually these people called Shadowhunters (or Nephilim) who hunt demons and stuff. Fantasy, romance, and all that good stuff. Plus, there's a lot of other series in the same universe with a lot of the same characters. She's still writing about this universe to this day, so there's plenty of material if you've want more.

4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Age Range: 12+

This is also about Shadowhunters and stuff. It takes place about 100 years before the other series, and focuses on Tessa Gray, a warlock, who is living with Shadowhunters in London. Also there's a love triangle that works out for both dudes so that's great

5. The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare

Age Range: 12+

wow another Clare book. Also about Shadowhunters, a few years after the original series, and it's not finished yet. The first two books are out, and the third and final book is in the works. I actually haven't gotten to read the second book, but it's about Emma Carstairs, who's a pretty cool gal and is mentioned in the original series. Actually all of Cassie's shadowhunter books relate to each other in one way or another so it's good to read all of them for backstory and stuff.

6. The Magisterium Series by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

Age Range: more of a 10+, but it's okay if you're younger 

This series is also not finished. 3/5 books have been released, and the 4th one is coming in October. It's about this kid named Call who was raised to hate magic, and then he's accepted into this magic school called the Magisterium. It starts out kind of light-hearted but there's a plot twist at the end of the first book and then there's a horrible surprise at the end of the third. While it's intended for slightly younger audiences than the other books those two have written, it still deals with stuff like death and betrayal and all that cool stuff. Definitely worth a read.

7. The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Age Range: 12+, but mature younger kids could handle it

This is the only non-fantasy book on here. It's more of a sci-fi if anything. It's set in the US in the future. Global warming caused the ice caps to melt, flooding the eastern United States. People from the east tried to run to the west, but you know, too many people in one place and all that, so it split into two parts: The Republic (Western US) and the Colonies (Eastern US). The books take place mostly in the Republic, and they're about this prodigy, government's pet June and this famous criminal who goes by Day. Basically, they meet, fall in love, and everything works out okay. Except for those two. Well, I'm sure everything's fine with them. But the ending made me cry. Just a little. They're pretty cool books, so you should really read them.

• Posted at:

eve

Thumbnail avatar af0c6c6246

skyscraperarrow12

Where the Red Fern Grows

Island of Blue Dolphins

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Ninjago Fan?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...

Thumbnail avatar d7b76a5476

wolfpaw1527

I miss Fairy

and RIP thread

Wolves of the Beyond

• Posted at:

Nacho

memes and vines and memes and vines

holy heck i spilled my wine

Foxcraft

Wolfey

Phillip

Benny

Nacho.exe

EVERYBODY DO THE DAB

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

Uh, most of my books are mature.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar d64343e8a9

dragonflyhawk14

The Lockwood and Co. series by Jonathan Stroud.

Its set in England where there are lots of Visitors (AKA, ghosts) and only children can properly see them. The main character is a girl named Lucy and this series is the stories of her adventures with Lockwood and Co., a psychical detection agency (in other words, its their job to hunt ghosts). and there is a fifth book coming out in September * Fangirl squeal* The reading order is 1- The Screaming Staircase, 2- The Whispering Skull, 3- The Hollow Boy, 4- The Creeping Shadow and 5- Coming soon, The Empty Grave.

I would highly recommend this book for boys and girls of all ages. (I first found out about it because there was a boy in my reading class who got it) (My mom and I are both obsessed with   the series) There is no swearing, it will only say something like "He swore." I found it very interesting and I hope that you will try this series.

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn

LDS and proud!

I am a free spirit, a wild being. I do not allow the world to tell me what to do. I will always stand out from the crowd.

#Avidreader

#IloveLockwood&Co. 

#Lockarlyle Forever!

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles 

Thumbnail avatar dc6b7b8bfc

pantherwolf1244

- walk on earth a stranger

- shadow house

- Harry potter

- seven realms 

- heir chronicles 

-  dragon castle

- magiserium

- animorphs 

- 13 treasures 

- Percy Jackson

- Kane chronicals

- hero's of Olympus 

- seekers

- inkheart/ inkspell / inkdeath 

- land of stories

- horizon

- the thief Lord 

- the war that saved my life

• Posted at:

Emerald

Imagine and it shall be-there are no limits.

Hope is the dream of a working man.

Fire wants to burn Water wants to flow Air wants to rise

Earth wants to bind

Chaos wants to devour.

-qoate collector ~ if you have a favorite.