Well, I've given up on it coming. If it does, I apologise in advance for double posts, I know those are annoying.
Let me start out by saying:
Girl, I know exactly how you feel. Cute guy, he's a genius, he's incredible, but nope, you can't have him. Am I reading this right?
If I'm not, the other alternative would be that you don't think you can actually get him in the first place. I know how that feels too, but let me tell you that if that's your only reason to get over him, I think that you should try for him if you want him.
But if I am,
- Something that could help you is focusing on your friends. They're great people and if they're true friends, they love you a lot. Maybe start thinking of fun things to do when school lets out with them or focus on a friend's upcoming birthday and have a surprise for them. Friends are always a good source of positive feedback and happy thoughts and moments to distract you. Eventually you'll be so focused on them, the guy will drift from your regular thought processes
- Another thing is to try not to be around him. If you don't want to like him, sometimes it's helpful not to see the appeal. I know it's hard already, but even more so in a school setting with classes and cross-friend groups, but if at all possible, maybe try not to hang around him.
- Several times, it's easier to forget someone by spending unintentional time away from them. So maybe you have a break coming up. If you don't see him over break, and spend a ton of time with your friends and family, he'll drift away.
- If you have any contact to him like text or email, try not to text him. I know from experience that sometimes that's a really hard thing to do.
- And tbh, sometimes all you need to do is have an open mind. Sometimes, we can be so focused on this ONE thing we want when, in reality there's an even better thing standing right in front of us.
Okay, this is all I have for now, but if you need anything else or run into anymore problems, let me know. :)
I know it's hard, but sometimes all you need is faith that you can do it.
MODS: Please let this one through! :)