Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

Moonkit let out a wail when I touched her. I picked up the silver tabby and held her firmly by the scruff. Sunbreeze grabbed Quailkit, and Wisppaw picked up Shadowkit. We made way to the LionClan camp, where we were greeted by several enthusiastic Clanmates. I strained over their heads to peer at Lakeheart. She was acting like I had joined the Dark Forest.
"Larksong!" Flamestar was stalking towards me, tail lashing angrily. Birchstar and Quickstar were exchanging worried glances. He shoved his muzzle up to my face.
"Where were you? We sent out a patrol of five cats every day to search for you! No true LionClan cat would leave us like that! You traitor!" He spat the last words like they were a curse.
Lakeheart was the next to hiss at me. "This is all your fault! If you hadn't run away like a coward, Crowpath wouldn't be lying in the medicine den, injured!"
Crowpath was hurt?
My sister then spun around and snarled at Sunbreeze. "And you shouldn't have left your deputy, of all cats! He looks half-dead already!" 

She finished yowling at us and angrily stomped away to the medicine den. Sunbreeze set Quailkit down gently and muttered into my ear, "I think Lakeheart has a crush on Crowpath."
Birchstar and Quickstar padded over and grabbed Quailkit and Shadowkit, then gently nudged me in the direction of the nursery. 

I curled up in a nest of moss and feathers, Moonkit, Quailkit, and Shadowkit eagerly bouncing around in the nursery, already two moons old. Nightleap grumbled, twisted around, and shoved her paws into her ears. Daisykit, Marigoldkit, Mintkit, Rockkit, Boulderkit, and Stonekit were play fighting with each other. Daisykit, Rockkit, and Stonekit were pretending to be LionClan, and Marigoldkit, Mintkit, and Boulderkit were pretending to be TigerClan. Sparkkit and Thrushkit were outside of the nursery, watching the pretend fight. Nightkit, Breezekit, and Wildkit were sleeping with Feathermist, already two moons old.
Then there was an alarmed yowl from Slashclaw, who was on High Watch, which was cut off abruptly. I shot out of the nursery, the kits all cuddling into the farthest corner of the nursery with Nightleap. What I saw almost tore my heart out.
Smoke was standing over Slashclaw, who had a long wound in his throat, bubbling out blood. Smoke swept his gaze over the crowd of cats. "Give me Larksong." 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12:

Mottlepelt and Cinderstripe were staring in horror at Slashclaw's body. Birchstar calmly walked up to Smoke. "You may only have Larksong if she wishes to go with you."
"She will come with me whether she wants to or not!" Smoke lunged at Birchstar, who grabbed him easily and flipped him to the ground. Smoke struggled, and slashed Birchstar's flanks. The light brown tabby screeched and let go. I hissed and arched my back. Shadowkit, Moonkit, and Quailkit poked their heads out of the nursery.
"Mommy? Who's that mean cat who wants you?" Quailkit squeaked. Smoke's gaze swiveled from me to them. I took a deep breath and meowed, "Quailkit, Moonkit, Shadowkit, this cat is your father." As I spoke, my former mate slashed my right flank. I hissed back.
Then, Smoke lunged at the kits so suddenly that I didn't have any time to stop him. However, Wispfeather did. She pelted forwards and slammed into his side so hard he smacked his head against the ground with an earsplitting crack.
The white tabby suddenly stumbled and collapsed. Blood started to flow from a gash in her flank, and I stared in disbelief as my sister's kit bled to death. 

"Wispfeather! No!" Lakeheart buried her nose in her daughter's fur. Quickstar ran her tail over my sister's spine and gently steered her towards the warriors' den. The GorseClan leader came out with her tail drooping. Quailkit, Moonkit, and Shadowkit whimpered and backed up into the nursery, where Feathermist was guarding her own kits as well as Silverspark's, who had been killed in a sudden ambush.
Birchstar murmured something only Quickstar and Flamestar could hear, and they nodded their heads in agreement before retreating to the den beneath the Highledge.
Every cat knew what was supposed to happen today. Flowersong and Songthrush's kits' apprentice ceremony. I couldn't help but feel responsible that it wasn't going to be held today.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

FalconeyesBirchstarQuickstarStormstarLarkstarIvyfeatherSlashclawMottlepeltHeatherblazeCinderstripeRainstormSleekfurSnowywhiskerSpikenoseDuskkitWolfkitWillowkit

Thumbnail avatar e7f1e7d714

topazhamster42

Aaaahhhh this is getting so good!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

[No longer active. Will return one day]

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13:

I listened to the lark singing to the sky. The sun was appearing over the horizon. A beautiful dawn.
"Larksong? What are you doing up here?" Lakeheart sat down next to me.
"Listening to the lark sing."
Lakeheart stared at me like I was crazy. "What lark?"
"The lark over there. In the birch tree. It's really quick, so I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't see it." I pointed with my tail at the bird.
My sister obviously still thought I was crazy. I sighed with frustration and padded back into the nursery. Dappleheart and Nightleap were watching Boulderkit, Rockkit, Stonekit, Daisykit, Marigoldkit, and Mintkit. The six were play fighting. I purred with amusement and thought about the lark. Lakeheart couldn't hear it. Or see it. I could hear and see it.

It was in a birch tree. And it was very quick. 

I shot over to the leaders' den and meowed, "Birchstar, Quickstar? Can I talk to you?"
The AspenClan leader gave me a stern look. "Fine. But be quick." He mewed, a sour tone in his voice.
"Outside, I heard a lark singing. But when Lakeheart sat next to me, even closer to the lark, she couldn't even sense that it was real. And..." I leaned forward. "It was a lark. In a birch tree. And it was very, very quick."
Birchstar and Quickstar exchanged glances, then they jumped up and beckoned for me to follow. We headed towards the medicine den, and all five of the medicine cats looked at us.
"She's the third cat." Quickstar mewed.
Fallingleaf's eyes widened.. "You must go to the Moonpool tonight." 

I touched my nose to the starlit water. I blinked my eyes shut, and when I opened them again, I was in StarClan's hunting grounds with Birchstar and Quickstar by my side. I saw Wispfeather, Songpaw, Wishpaw, Heatherblaze, Swanwing, and many lost kin and Clanmates I had hoped to see again.
"Welcome, Larksong. The River of the Purest." Songpaw meowed.
"You have been chosen to take part in a very important prophecy. And now, you shall take the final step in becoming the River." Swanwing mewed, then she touched her muzzle to my head. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14:

"We all know you are ready. Do not deny it. You know you are prepared to fight the Darkest at Heart." The StarClan warriors' words echoed in my head. As we entered the camp, Flamestar padded up first. "Birchstar! Quickstar! Where have you been? Especially you, Larksong!"
I lifted my head. "I'm Larkstar now."
"How?" Crowpath limped out of the elders' den. The former deputy had a mangled foreleg, and he had retired to the elders' den when he had been freed from the confinements of the medicine den. Sunfrost had been made the new deputy.
I gave LionClan a gentle gaze. "Although I have no MistyClan to lead right now, I am proud to have the chance to take nine lives to fight alongside you. As an equal. A friend. And I will use all of my lives if that is the price to pay for Cavestar's defeat."
Dappleheart purred. "And now you should probably do something with your kits, Larkstar."
I purred in amusement and padded towards my kits, who were now staring in excitement. By the time I had shooed them inside the nursery, they were boasting to the other kits that I was a leader now. I held back another purr and settled down into my nest. The leaders' den would wait for me. 

I steadied myself on my paws as I climbed up onto the Highledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" I yowled. Cats assembled beneath the ledge, and I noticed Rockkit, Stonekit, Boulderkit, Daisykit, Mintkit, and Marigoldkit with their fur smoothed down gently. Their chests were puffed out, and their tails stuck straight up into the air. My own chest swelling with pride, I looked down at the six warmly as Birchstar and Quickstar called them up.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 15:

I walked back into camp, carrying some fish in my mouth. Songthrush, Sunfrost, and Dewfall besides me. We dropped our prey on the fresh-kill pile, then I sat down into my nest inside the nursery. Moonkit, Shadowkit, and Quailkit were telling Breezekit, Wildkit, and Nightkit a story. I purred and mewed, "You might want to let the elders tell you that. They have the best stories." The kits bounded over to Berryshadow, Fernpool, and Mintyfur instantly and started begging for a story.
Songthrush padded over to me. "They grow up so fast, don't they?" She sat down next to me and meowed, "It's practically okay for you to leave them alone and go hunting." A sad emotion suddenly clouded her eyes. "Your kits knew their father. Even if he was evil and killed Slashclaw. I never thought Reedtail would turn like this."
I nodded. "Honestly, I thought he would go to StarClan instead of the Dark Forest. His only fault was to love Flowersong too much."
"He did love her. But he should have moved on. But he didn't. Then his anger turned to Liontail. I think that he thought that Flowersong would have loved him back if she didn't have Liontail. And everyone knows what happened." Songthrush sighed. "I thought he saw me as a true mate. I hoped too much." She turned and padded away.
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" Quickstar called LionClan together, and I bounded forward to sit beneath the shade of the Highledge.
"Leaf and her rogues would like to join MistyClan." Quickstar's eyes shimmered with joy. My own mouth fell open in astonishment. I took a leap and landed on the Highledge gracefully. Quickstar bowed her head and I stepped forward. Leaf and her fellow rogues stepped forward.
"I am truly honored that you have made a choice to join my Clan. And now," I jumped down. I rested my tail on Leaf's shoulder. "Leaf, you shall be known as Leafspots." I turned my gaze to the rest of the rogues.
"You shall now be known as Beefur, Beechwhisker, Shadewing, Wispbird, Fernflower, Cloudbush, Lightsky, Mistwhisker, Pineleap, Striketail, and Splashfoot." I looked at Bee, Beech, Shade, Wisp, Fern, Cloud, Butterfly, Mist, Pine, Jump, and Splash as I said their names. All of them seemed very proud. Stifling a purr, I listened as LionClan chanted their names. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 16:

I stretched my paws out. Moonpaw, Shadowpaw, and Quailpaw were finally apprentices, leaving me free from the nursery. I swept my gaze over the camp. Echowish's hunting patrol were entering the camp and dropping their prey on the fresh-kill pile. Her apprentice, Mintpaw, was dragging a huge squirrel behind her. His paws got tangled up in the fluffy tail, and Quailpaw bounded over to help. Moonpaw and Shadowpaw were out doing battle practice with their mentors, Leafspots and Shadewing. I frowned. Maybe I should watch. 

I padded out towards the training hollow and found Moonpaw and Shadowpaw practicing the rearing swat. Leafspots was carefully instructing them, and Shadewing was demonstrating the swat.
"You have to be steady on your paws. If you're not stable, then the move won't work." Leafspots mewed.
I left the four to work alone and decided to take a walk along the border. I'd hardly even stepped into BranchClan when Rageclaw, Bonefrost, Silverstone, and Duskfox appeared out of some brambles. Rageclaw hissed and arched his back as soon as he saw me. Bonefrost stalked up to me. "What are you doing? This is TigerClan territory!"
I flattened my ears. Silverstone shuffled her paws nervously. "Bonefrost... I think we should let her go. She's barely even strayed inside our borders."
"Borders are not borders until Birchstar, Quickstar, Flamestar, and I have agreed."
Bonefrost let out a hiss. "What say do you have in it?"
"Because I am Larkstar."
I felt a smooth motion, like the calm river, stir inside of me. But when angered, it flooded its banks. I watched Silverstone usher Bonefrost, Rageclaw, and Duskfox away. The scar on my right flank burned with loyalty to the warrior code. I raised my muzzle to the sky and murmured, "I can truly be River." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Book Four: Shadow

Chapter 1:

I buried my muzzle into the freshly caught squirrel. I paused for a while, and watched Cavestar climb onto the Highrock. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting!"
I sighed and padded to the Highrock. I sat down next to my littermates, Blacktail and Ashear.
"Bonefrost, Silverstone, Duskfox, and Rageclaw have just returned from their patrol, and they have some insulting news." Cavestar narrowed his eyes. "The traitor Larksong has joined LionClan and become Larkstar."
There were some yowls of outrage. Some cats stayed silent.
"However, we shall go into battle tomorrow morning to invade LionClan!" I didn't pay any attention to the rest of his words, though.
After he was done, he yowled, "Now, I want everyone to have a training bout!" 

I dodged Thistlefish's rake and slammed into his shoulder. He staggered backwards, panting. For the first time, I noticed that his muzzle was streaked with gray and there was a stark outline of bone along his spine.
Then Cherrysplash squashed me to the ground. I turned and slashed her muzzle.
She squealed and let go of me. I jumped up and hissed. I saw the sun dipping below the horizon, and padded into my den. We would emerge victorious in the battle.

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

I woke up with energy in my pelt. Today was the day that we would invade LionClan! I heard Cavestar call a Clan meeting, and I sat next to Cherrysplash, who in turn was next to Badgerstep, her mate. He glared at me and turned his attention back to Cavestar.
"Today is the day! We shall invade LionClan and show them that we cannot be beaten!" The cats below cheered. The TigerClan leader turned and flicked his tail at us. The cats surged forward and headed towards LionClan. 

"TigerClan! Attack!" At Cavestar's yowl, TigerClan poured into the LionClan camp. I unsheathed my claws and jumped into the fight.
I slashed a light gray apprentice, and a silver tabby she-cat and a dark brown tabby darted forward. The silver tabby turned and mewed, "Are you okay, Mintpaw?"
Mintpaw climbed to his paws and meowed, "I'm fine, Moonpaw."
The dark brown apprentice rolled her eyes, and for a moment, I saw Reedtail in her place.
He must be her father.
Then a weight on my shoulders made me smack my muzzle on the ground. Two silver tabbies, one she-cat, and one tom, glared at me. The tom raked my right foreleg with his claws and hissed, "Nobody hurts my son!"
The she-cat pounced on me and snarled, "I almost lost him before he was born!"
Moonpaw and the dark brown apprentice supported Mintpaw on both sides, and they padded to the medicine den.
For a moment, my heart longed for a time when TigerClan could care for each other like that. Then Cavestar yowled, "Retreat!" And TigerClan raced back to the safety of our camp.
Will I ever be cared for by my Clanmates? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

I opened my eyes. It was moonhigh. Everyone would be asleep by now. I crept out of my nest and down to the bottom of the gorge. I put my paws down quietly as possible and crept forward, out of the gorge. As soon I was out of range of any cat's hearing or sight, I shot forward, my pelt burning with the effort of keeping the pace.
Then claws gripped my shoulders. I whirled around and Bonefrost threw me to the ground.
Cavestar stalked up to me, teeth bared. "Well, Stormrunner, you weren't so successful at running away."
I unsheathed my claws. Then, Rageclaw pounced on me, and I heard Birchstar yowl, "LionClan! Attack!" And everything went black. 

Pain made me wake up. I groaned and found my right foreleg wrapped in cobwebs.
"Don't move. You were bleeding pretty badly. If it weren't for the night patrol, you would have joined StarClan by now." Kestrelsong of GorseClan was the only cat besides me inside the den, and she was sorting the herbs. "Ugh. These are soggy."
She set them aside in one pile. I watched as she sorted the herbs from useful to useless. She turned to me. "Could you help me sort these?"
"Sure." I tugged myself forward. I recognized yarrow, parsley, borage, burdock, and comfrey. My mind blurred into thoughts I couldn't make any sense out of.
"Be the Shadow!" "The Purest shall create the Lion!" "Defeat the Darkest at Heart!"
I flattened my ears in annoyance. Was StarClan's only wish to annoy me until I joined them? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

"Was StarClan's only wish to annoy me until I joined them?" XD

• Posted at:

~Topaz

The world's not falling apart, its falling into place. We see only a few pieces of the puzzle while the creator sees them all.

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 4:

I limped out of the medicine den. I spotted Wildkit, Nightkit, and Breezekit, jumping around with Sparkpaw and Thrushpaw. Both were currently being mentored by Darkshadow, since there were no other CliffClan cats able to mentor them. I was a CliffClan cat, but my foreleg was still being treated, because Rageclaw had shredded it pretty badly. I hobbled over to the kits, and watched them play. Sparkpaw and Thrushpaw hopped over to me. "Can you show us the most useful fighting move you know?"
I purred. "I'm sorry, but I can't use my foreleg for now."
"So? You can still tell us how to do it!" The two apprentices and the three kits all sat down, paying attention to me.
"Okay. So, first, you sit back on your haunches, and slash down to the ground with your forepaws." The kits all did what I told them to, except Wildkit brought his forepaws down a little too hard and went tumbling. I nudged him back up. "Try again."
He managed it successfully, and I gave them an approving nod. "Then, when your forepaws reach the ground, balance yourself on your forepaws, and kick out with your back legs. Any cat behind you will be knocked to the ground." I peered around the camp and found some used scraps of dry moss. I rolled them into a ball and positioned them behind and in front of Sparkpaw. "Use that move."
A few moments later, the moss was in scraps again.
"What's going on?" The dark brown apprentice from the battle was stalking towards them. "Are you practicing a battle move without me?"
"Rockpaw, you're going to have your warrior assessment soon, and you still want to join in kit affairs!" Thrushpaw meowed, her eyes glimmering with amusement.
I gave a smile. I'd finally found my Clan. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5:

"Oh no, I'm being attacked by the most ferocious Clan ever!" I cried out in mock fright as Breezekit, Nightkit, and Wildkit jumped on me. The kits' little paws battered my pelt, and then Feathermist called, "Nightkit! Wildkit! Breezekit! Get back in here!" The four moon old kits bounded back inside the nursery.
Then the tang of dampness reached my nose, stronger than usual. It had been raining for several days. Then Featherbreeze, Darkshadow, Falconeyes, and Echolight dashed into the camp, their eyes wide with fear. "Flood! We need to evacuate the camp!"
Cloudbreeze easily fell into his role of shouting orders. "Stormrunner, Fernflower, Cloudbush, get the queens and kits! Shadewing, Shadowpaw, Rockpaw, help the elders get out! Stonepaw, Falconeyes, Echolight! Make sure no one is left behind! Once everyone is out, run to BranchClan!" The tom hared for the camp's edge, and made a hole in the bramble thicket, most of the LionClan cats trailing behind. I raced towards the nursery, and bumped the queens so they stood up. Feathermist was gripping Nightkit's scruff tightly between her teeth, and Nightleap was carrying Breezekit. Dappleheart had Wildkit in her jaws, and I noticed her swollen belly. Her kits were due soon, so we couldn't waste any time.
Then we charged for the hole in the bramble wall. I looked behind us, and stared in horror as floodwaters flowed into the camp. I whirled around and made sure that the queens and kits were through safely, then I tried to run after them, but the rising waters caught me and I was swirled away into the flood. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6:

I opened my eyes, and my vision cleared up quickly, letting me see a panting Dappleheart, a panic-stricken Feathermist, a wide-eyed Nightleap, and Breezekit and Nightkit, with their fur spiked up in alarm. "Where's Ravenrun?" I murmured, searching for the BranchClan queen.
"She's with the others. It's only us that's not at BranchClan yet." Cloudbush and his mate, Fernflower, were sitting nearby, watching me struggle to my paws.
"Wait a moment—What about Wildkit?" I realized the small dark brown and white tom was missing.
"He was swept away in the flood. I think he's dead." Feathermist's fur was plastered to her pelt, and she looked skinnier than ever.
"Okay, Fernflower, come with me. Cloudbush, can you take everyone else back to BranchClan?" 

"Wildkit! Wildkit! It's me, Stormrunner!" I called out, hoping the kit wasn't dead and conscious. I heard a weak mew from the top of the Highledge. Fernflower darted up, and came down with a soggy kit in her jaws.
Wildkit's eyes opened, and he wailed, "I want Feathermist!" 

The three of us trudged into the BranchClan camp, soaking wet from walking through a huge puddle.
"Stormrunner! Fernflower! Go to the medicine den and check to make sure you're fine." Flamestar's order drew Nightkit and Breezekit out. They bounded over to their soggy littermate. They started to lick his fur the wrong way to get him dry. I made a purr as I walked into the medicine den.
Yes. That is how we look after one another. Because we are a Clan. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7:

I watched Sparkthorn and Thrushfeather as the two new warriors padded inside from their vigil. Breezepaw, Nightpaw, and Wildpaw were the first ones outside, and started pestering the sisters.
Then, Rainstep yowled the BranchClan apprentices' names, and they bounded over. Sparkthorn rolled her eyes and padded over to me. Her beautiful blue eyes glimmered as she curled her tail up with mine. Then she turned to look right at me, and meowed, "Stormrunner? I would love it if you would be my mate."
That shocked me. "I—I don't know what to say."
Hurt flashed in her eyes. "I totally understand if you don't want to."
I pressed closer to her. "Of course I want to."
She let my breath wash over her and closed her eyes. I spotted Thrushfeather in front of the entrance to the nursery, her eyes glimmering in outrage. Her claws were buried inside of fresh moss. Bits of bark were curling into it. I held back a gasp. That was going to be used for Dappleheart's kits!
Then Cinderstripe, Mottlepelt, and Lightningthunder dashed into camp.
"We're being attacked!"
Then TigerClan rushed inside of camp, and seven cats charged straight for the kits. I yowled and pounced on top of a tan tabby she-cat, and recognized her as Leafstorm. I took advantage of her surprise and banged her head on the ground.
"Stormrunner!" She caught glance of my injured foreleg and I swatted her with my good forepaw. She ran away, squealing in fear. I forgot everything else I was doing during the fight, and finally, LionClan stood proud.
Then I saw a golden tabby pelt amongst the fallen bodies. I dashed towards it, and saw her chest just barely fluttering. I let out a cry of dismay. "Sparkthorn!" 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8:

I sat in the medicine den, staring at Sparkthorn. Fallingleaf was busy chewing up some marigold and Echosong was applying cobweb to my mate's wounds. I pressed my muzzle against her fur. "Is she going to live?"
Both medicine cats said nothing. I knew what that meant.
Lightdawn padded inside of the den, and I heard some cats gasp outside. "Um... You may need to come out here." The BranchClan medicine cat shuffled her paws nervously. I sighed and got up. What I saw outside almost made me sick. I turned and padded back into the den.
Sparkthorn raised her head. "What's happening out there?"
I took a deep breath and said, "Kestrelsong and Sunbreeze are dead." 

I sat outside, on High Watch. I heard pawsteps behind me and smelled Thrushfeather's scent. I turned and met the light gray she-cat's gaze.
"Stormrunner?" Her meow broke the silence of the night.
"Yes, Thrushfeather?" I responded. Then I silently scolded myself. Be respectful! You may be older than her, but you can't be rude. This is the sister of your true love.
Then Thrushfeather leaped at me. I managed to catch her, but staggered and fell. She raked my left ear with thorn-sharp claws. "You might have thought my quarrel was with Sparkthorn. But it isn't. It's with you."
I felt her being dragged off of me, and Larkstar's shocked face appeared.
"Stormrunner! What in the name of StarClan happened?" 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9:

I limped over to Songthrush, my foreleg still aching from just moving it. The black and white she-cat looked up from grooming herself. "What is it, Stormrunner?"
I didn't even get a chance to speak before Flamestar's voice echoed from the top of the Highledge. Birchstar, Quickstar, and Larkstar were absentmindedly walking forward, their eyes glimmering with worry.
"There is a cat amongst us who has broken the warrior code!" Flamestar's gaze was completely crazy.
I held my breath. Who dared break the warrior code?
"Stormrunner!"
What? I didn't do anything to break the code!
I shuffled forward. Flamestar's gaze raked over me. He tossed a rabbit in front of me. There was an enormous, bitten-off section in its flanks, and it had torn-off hind legs. I leaned closer to the rabbit, and saw some fur around the bitten-off part. I sniffed it, and stiffened in shock.
Those are from my pelt!
"That is your fur. Are they not?" Flamestar was arching his back by now.
"They—They are, but I—I didn't—" I stammered. There was absolutely no way that I had eaten that rabbit. I respected the warrior code.
"Is there any cat here who believes Stormrunner's ridiculous claim?" Flamestar yowled to the crowd.
There were murmurs, but nobody said anything.
Flamestar flattened his ears. "I exile you!"
Exile? StarClan, no!
"Wait!" Sparkthorn dashed up to stand next to me. "I don't believe that Stormrunner did this. He would never do anything like this. So if he's getting exiled, I'm going with him!"
Songthrush and Rockstorm padded forward. "We're going with him, too."
Then I walked out of the LionClan camp, Sparkthorn, Songthrush, and Rockstorm trailing after me.
Someone is trying to make me seem disloyal. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

Some of these cats need counseling

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10:

I wandered through a dark forest, the branches clustered so close together that no starlight penetrated through. I heard the screech of battling cats. I walked into a clearing, where a creamy white she-cat was watching a brown and white tom and a light gray tom were fighting. Blood already was soaking into their fur.
My heart skipped a beat as a light gray she-cat padded out of the shadows. She lifted her tail. "That is enough."
The toms separated and I recognized who they were. Hawkfeather of GorseClan and Mintpelt of AspenClan.
The creamy white she-cat suddenly swiveled her head to look straight at me. "Come on, Stormrunner. I know you're there."
I walked forward, every hair on my pelt quivering in fear.
A white she-cat and a black tom shoved me forward, and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. "Lilyfoot? Shadecloud?"
The creamy white she-cat stalked over to me. She looked at the curves muscle made underneath my pelt, and gave a laugh. "Perfect."
"I told you he was, Frostfeather" Thrushfeather meowed.
Frostfeather narrowed her eyes at me. "Well, Stormrunner, welcome to the Dark Forest."

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12:

I raced after the deputies and shoved my head into the nursery. A golden she-kit was lying motionless in Dappleheart's nest. Suddenly, a bout of coughs came out of her little mouth. Dappleheart was licking her frantically.
Cinderstripe muttered something under her breath. I stepped out of the nursery, guessing that I would be the least important cat there, and no help at all. I almost collided with a little gray she-kit as she bounded out of the medicine den.
"Sorry!" She squeaked. She headed towards the nursery, and I held her back. "I don't think you should go in there. At least, not until someone says you can. Quietkit has greencough."
The kit's eyes widened. "Don't we need catmint to cure that? We don't have a lot left."
Lightdawn walked over to us and meowed, "I don't think we'll even have feverfew or poppy seed by the end of newleaf! There's sickness, the frequent wrenched claw, thorns in pads, and scratches. Honestly, what are cats getting into these days?"
"Bramble thickets seem to be arguing with cats more and more." I let out a snort of amusement.
Lightdawn turned her gaze to the gray she-kit. "How about Stormrunner hides an acorn for you, Softkit, and you find it?"
"Yeah!" The gray she-kit bounded on her paws. "Let's get an acorn!"

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11:

I stumbled into the LionClan camp, Sparkthorn, Rockstorm, and Songthrush on my tail.
I frowned and looked around. There were so few cats left. Was everyone on patrol or something?
"Stormrunner!" Flamestar's angry mew made me turn. "You are exiled."
"Flamestar, you can't exile him without good reason." Cinderstripe came over, her eyelids lower than usual. She must be really sleepy.
Then I noticed her round belly. With a jolt of shock, I realized that she must be expecting kits.
The GorseClan deputy followed my gaze. "Yes, you noticed, I know. They're Wolfcall's."
I peered around camp. "Where's everyone else?"
Cloudbreeze padded forward. "We had a serious case of greencough. Larkstar lost a life."
Echolight, the deputy of the MistyClan cats in LionClan, beckoned Cinderstripe and Cloudbreeze. Her face had a worried expression on it. "Quietkit has greencough!"

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

O_O. How did Chapter 12 come in before Chapter 11? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

Chapter 12 must have gone through faster

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13:

"Found it!" Softkit squeaked. She dropped the acorn at my paws. My foreleg was healed now, but it was still scarred. She looked at me, and mewed, "I'm bored. Can we do something else?"
Sparkthorn padded over and sat down. Her tail curled up with mine.
Softkit tilted her head, then meowed, "I don't wanna be a warrior." She lifted her head higher. "I want to be a medicine cat!"
I purred and leaned closer to my mate. "We could have kits one day."
Sparkthorn looked at me. "We'll have kits in one moon."

"What?!" For the first time, I noticed her slightly swollen belly. I thought she was just eating too much.
Then I remembered the story about Rainstorm's kitting. She had lost her life while giving birth. Wolfcall had been devastated. I didn't understand why he had taken Cinderstripe as a second mate. Silverbird and Whitehawk had never really met Rainstorm before she had died.
I pulled myself out of my memories and saw the sun setting. I padded into the warriors' den and drifted into sleep. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14:

I woke up at moonhigh. I was confused for a moment. Then I smelled Cinderstripe's scent on the breeze. The scent in her nest was stale. I tracked the smell to the Moonpool, where I instinctively touched the tip with my nose. I opened my eyes and saw the star-flecked cats of StarClan.
A white tabby she-cat stepped forward, her eyes filled with starlight.
"I am Rainstorm." Her eyes fixed themselves on me, and I was surprised at the intensity inside of them. "I died as my kits were born, but I never stopped watching them. Now you must watch over your Clan, as Shadow." 

I woke up, the power of my nine lives deep inside of me, and heard a distant moan. Cinderstripe! I scrambled to my paws and yowled, "Cinderstripe! I'm coming!"
The deputy was underneath a gorse bush, her belly rippling. She gasped with pain and meowed, "Stormrunner! Thank StarClan you're here! The kits are coming and it's so far from the camp!" Then a powerful spasm rippled through her belly. She let out a low moan.
"I'm Stormstar, actually."
Another spasm passed through Cinderstripe's body.
"Can you stand up?" I tried to drag her to her paws, but she didn't have the strength to get up.
"I can't. These kits are being born right here!" She slumped over.
I poked my head out of the gorse bush and picked up some sticks. I didn't know much about kitting, but maybe it would be enough to help Cinderstripe.
"Bite down on the stick." I ordered. The GorseClan she-cat obeyed and clamped her jaws around the stick. She shuddered as a kit slithered out behind her. Then she shrieked. I felt her belly, and found out that the kit couldn't get out.
"Stop pushing. There's swelling blocking the kit from coming out. You need to let the swelling go down first."
She closed her eyes and waited for a moment, then resumed pushing. The second kit was out.
I dropped both kits by her belly. They tried to reach her milk, but I fended them off with one paw. "There's another kit in there. You need to concentrate."
I saw the last kit slither out, and placed it next to its mother's belly. The three kits started suckling eagerly.
"Two toms and a she-cat." She murmured. "I will name them Grasskit, Stonekit, and Stormkit." She looked at me. "In honor of you and my sister." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 15:

I picked up Stormkit and lifted Grasskit onto his mother's back. Cinderstripe carried Stonekit by his scruff, and we started to slowly pad back to camp. 

I ducked into the camp, doing my best to keep Stormkit from getting scratched. The cats inside turned to stare at me and Cinderstripe.
"Cinderstripe! You're back! And you had your kits!" Mottlepelt rushed to greet her daughter.
Foxsong gently grabbed Grasskit and Tigerleap of AspenClan called Wolfcall over. "Wolfcall! Come meet your kits! And it looks like Cinderstripe could use some help!"
Wolfcall lifted his head. "Huh? What? Oh, Cinderstripe's fine. I'm going to see Whitehawk's kits."
There was a flash of anger in Cinderstripe's eyes. I felt fury bubble up inside of me. Wolfcall was acting like Cinderstripe and her kits didn't even exist. He dismissed them and always had an excuse to see Silverbird and Whitehawk.
I padded over to Birchstar, who was busily discussing something with Quickstar, Larkstar, and Flamestar. The GorseClan and MistyClan leaders were paying close attention while Flamestar ignored them.
Birchstar saw me standing a few pawsteps away, and paused. He dismissed Flamestar with a flick of his tail, and meowed, "Stormstar, come into the den."
I guessed that StarClan had told them that I was a leader. I leaned slightly closer and whispered, "It's about the prophecy." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Finally! Now I'm gonna go read the Land Of Stories. Where did Worlds Collide go? I had it right here. 

*Is reading Worlds Collide* *Sees that everyone else is watching her* *Hides the book behind her back* What? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 16:

I paced the outside of the nursery as I heard Sparkthorn's moans. Falconeyes ran her tail along the length of my spine.
A long groan came from the nursery and I jumped. Falconeyes snorted with amusement. "Calm down. I know it's Sparkthorn's first litter, but she's fine. First kits always take the longest."
I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I resumed pacing the earth and Mottlepelt rolled her eyes. "I know that it sounds like it's painful, but it sounds more painful than it really is."
I finally sat down on the ground. My paws felt like the pads had been rubbed off. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Fallingleaf poked her head out. "You can come inside now. She had two toms and a she-cat."
I dipped my head as I padded inside. Sparkthorn looked up at me, her eyes glimmering with joy. A gray tabby she-cat, a gray and white tom, and a dark brown tabby tom with a white tail were suckling at her belly.
"Remember our agreement? I get to name a tom." I meowed teasingly. I flicked my gaze to the gray and white tom. His gray patches were the same shade as my own pelt. He looked exactly like my older sister, Viperbreeze. "Patchkit."
Sparkthorn gingerly touched the she-kit. "I want her name to be Cinderkit."
I turned to the last tom-kit. "I wonder who he got the dark brown from."
Sparkthorn gave a weary shrug. "You can name him."
My eyes fixed onto his white tail and murmured, "He can be Whitekit."
Whitekit gave a cry and I nuzzled his cheek with my muzzle and murmured, "Don't worry, little one. I will protect you. I can be Shadow." 

End of Book Four! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

*Sees Echocloud reading worlds collide* HEY GET BACK HERE!

*Runs*

*pants* I don't have the energy to do this I JUST GOT BACK FROM SOCCER PRACTICE FOR STARCLAN'S SAKE!

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

Book Five: Sky

Chapter 1:

I nuzzled deeper into my mother's belly fur. She shifted and I squeaked with surprise. My littermates, Morningkit and Dapplekit, had already opened their eyes and were play-fighting outside.
"Rainstep, when will Ripplekit open his eyes?" I heard a she-cat's voice and it took a moment for me to recognize it. Cinderstripe.
"Yes. When?" Sparkthorn's voice pierced through my mind like a cold wind.
Then I stretched my eyes open. The light dazzled me and I took in the sight. I looked at Rainstep. She was a light gray tabby with black stripes and her chest and underbelly were white. I looked at myself. I was a silver tabby, not light gray.
"Perhaps this would be an appropriate time to reveal who the father is?" A brown tabby she-cat with black and white speckles throughout her pelt was on her back, her belly slightly swollen.
Rainstep said nothing and stood up. She gently pushed me outside and I saw a tortoiseshell and white she-kit wrestling with a black she-kit, who had white paws, chest, and underbelly.
"Dapplekit!" The tortoiseshell she-kit looked up and jumped off of the black she-kit. "Morningkit!" Rainstep called to them. I just stood, rigid with shock. These cats were my littermates? I didn't look anything like them. I didn't have any white on me.
My sisters stared at me for a while and then Dapplekit opened her mouth.
"He doesn't look right." 

Chapter 1 Trivia: 

-Is Dapplekit very polite?
-Who looks the most like Rainstep?
-Who do you think is Rainstep's mate? (HINT: He used to be under Quickstar's daughter's leadership) 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

Are they in GorseClan? And can you please not kill off anymore of my characters?

• Posted at:

H  L

A  O

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

#RememberHurricane

So not Luana.

topazhamster42

... wat I can't think right now bc all I can think about is httyd

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

dinosaurjade212

@Luana/Ravenclaw: Okay. I am so stupid. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

I dropped my gaze. Rainstep gently cuffed Dapplekit behind her ear.
"Dapplekit, don't be rude." She snapped. She turned to Morningkit. "You can introduce your brother to his denmates."
Morningkit gave a curt nod and bounded back to the nursery, where the other kits were starting to wake up.
Sparkthorn's three kits, Cinderkit, Patchkit, and Whitekit, were beginning to yawn. Cinderstripe's kits, Grasskit, Stonekit, and Stormkit, were already bouncing around on their paws. Falconeyes was already awake, her swollen belly propped up awkwardly beside her. I heard Rainstep pad back inside and I curled up next to her as sleep crashed over me. 

I heard a yowl outside. A tortoiseshell and rosy-furred she-cat was leaning on a brown she-cat with white paws and a silver tabby tom and limping into camp. A golden-furred apprentice followed them, her eyes wide. When I looked closely, I could see that the tortoiseshell's paw was twisted. The rest of the cats had claw marks in their pelts, but they weren't as urgent as the tortoiseshell's twisted paw.
A light brown tabby tom without a right eye darted out from beneath the Highledge and yowled, "Honeyflower! Go straight to the medicine den! Liontail! Quietpaw! Tell me what happened!"
A mottled brown and white she-cat with dark gray splotches splashed all over her pelt padded out. I noticed that her right ear had been clawed off.
The silver tabby tom's eyes were huge with shock and fear. "A badger. We were attacked by a badger." 

Chapter 2 Trivia: 

-If you had to choose between Dapplekit, Morningkit, and Ripplekit, who would you adopt?
-Does Dapplekit or Morningkit like Ripplekit better?

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

@Luana/Ravenclaw: Also, Fallenwing was mentioned already. If this post doesn't come before Chapter 2. And Ripplekit is a BranchClan cat. (HE IS ACTUALLY HALF-_________) 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

I leaned closer to Morningkit and asked, "What's a badger? And who are those cats?"
"A badger is a huge, black and white creature that is really nasty and dangerous. Grasskit says that they've killed cats before. Looks like one attacked Honeyflower." She mewed. "And the tabby without a right eye is Birchstar, AspenClan's leader. The mottled she-cat with only a left ear is Quickstar, GorseClan's leader. There's Larkstar, who is MistyClan's leader. There's Cavestar, too, but he is the leader of TigerClan. Stormstar is CliffClan's leader alongside Jaggedstar, who is part of TigerClan. And then there's Flamestar, who is a bad-tempered trout. He's our leader." She made a sour face. "Larkstar, Stormstar, and Flamestar are out on patrol."
"Ivydawn! Breezeflight! Silverbird! Shadewing! You're coming with me to track down that badger! Fallenwing! Show us where it attacked Honeyflower!" Birchstar yowled.
The brown she-cat gave a curt nod and Birchstar, a black she-cat with tabby markings, a silver she-cat with black tabby stripes, a mottled silver and white tabby she-cat, and a black and dark gray tabby she-cat dashed out of camp.
Dapplekit bounded up to us with Grasskit, Stonekit, Stormkit, Cinderkit, Patchkit, and Whitekit on her tail, her eyes shining. "How about we go track the badger ourselves?" 

Chapter 3 Trivia:

-Was that a very good idea?
-Is Dapplekit very friendly?
-Name one cat from Warriors that is most like Dapplekit. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

topazhamster42

*sees the scene where Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf almost become a snack for foxes as kits*

Oh StarClan not this again

• Posted at:

~Topaz

✧Proud Christian✧

#Remember the Lost

#Moresigspace

Jade = twin

乐!

Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

Tsubami, is Ripplekit the kit of another cat?

• Posted at:

H  L

A  O

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

#RememberHurricane

So not Luana.

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 4:

I stalked along behind Dapplekit as she led the patrol of kits into the territory. My pelt was prickling with excitement. We could be made apprentices early when we defeated that badger!
Then a horribly foul scent washed over my tongue. A loud sound made us all freeze. It sounded like huge paws hitting the ground. I whirled around as a massive black and white creature charged out of the bushes. 

Stormkit screamed and ran away from the creature as it snapped at her tail. Dapplekit snarled and jumped at it. It swatted her aside and she lay half-stunned on the ground.
A ferocious yowl sounded from a full-grown cat, and I saw a white tom, a pale golden tabby she-cat, a gray and white tom, and a flame-colored tom charge into the fight. The white tom leaped at the creature as it turned around and it immediately snapped his neck with a sickening crack.
"Cloudspring!" The golden tabby yowled and sank her teeth into the creature's back. It shook her off and killed her with a single swipe of a massive clawed paw. Then I heard Birchstar screech, "Attack!" He shot out of the trees with Ivydawn, Silverbird, Breezeflight, and Shadewing on his tail.
The creature roared and turned, and dashed away into the trees. The flame-colored tom turned his green gaze on us. "What are you kits doing here?" He snarled.
It was Morningkit who responded. Her voice was firm and clear, and she didn't seem to tremble like the other kits. "Dapplekit wanted to defeat the badger. We were all bored, so we came with her."
The tom hissed with anger and whirled around. "Come along. Your mothers need to hear about this." 

Chapter 4 Trivia: 

-Who is Stormkit's mother? Who is her father?
-Who are Ripplekit's siblings?
-Who is the flame-colored tom? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

@Luana: Ripplekit is the kit of two cats I made up. I didn't know if you or Topaz would like it if I gave your cats kits when you didn't want them to have any. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

1 , , 3 ,