Thumbnail avatar ba19973bbb

pinkpuma175

hey, if you guys haven't known/noticed, i'm sorta on the spectrum. i was unofficially diagnosed when i was younger as paired with my adhd.

so, here are some faqs

what is your opinion on autism $peaks and the blue puzzle piece symbol, or just the "awareness" thing in general?

i hate all of them. i hate em. i hate autism $peaks for treating people like me as babies and calling autism a disease almost as worse as cancer, which is insensitive to both autistic people and people who have cancer. also, i hate the puzzle piece symbol, which assumes we are "incomplete". well let me tell you something, i am complete. also, awareness? yeah, i need awareness /s AWARENESS THAT AUTISM $PEAKS ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY AND HARMS AUTISTIC PEOPLE. anyway, i will tell you some alternatives in the next question.

what are some alternatives to the bad things above?

instead of saying autism awareness during april, say autism acceptance. don't wear blue to support us, participate in #RedInstead or #WalkInRed. A good symbol rather than a puzzle piece is a rainbow infinity symbol, the rainbow represents the diversity of the spectrum. and support groups like autistic self advocacy network instead of autism $peaks.

i gotta go to bed now, but i'll answer any question unless they're personal or have nothing to do with this thread.

ask away!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar e52a722991

kittenangel1560

Wow, lots of info shoved in those few paragraphs! 

• Posted at:

Illusion

She/Her/They

"Stop looking for happiness

right where you lost it"

I write my posts in white ink. 

The Forum Not-An-Alt

My posts are all...

.                  positive!

Thumbnail avatar d2f5006105

tigerwolf4248

I agree to what you said, my sister has autism and since my mom and me worked with her when she was young, you wouldn't know she had autism. I hate hate hate when we get things in the mail from organizations who know she has autism that say, "Come here for a party with all autistic ppl!" I think she can go to regular parties and doesn't have to be separated, thanks. We're twins, too, and I get extremely defensive if people ask "What's wrong with her?" Like they used to do all the time, now you can't tell she has it. 

• Posted at:

Tigris

#SaveTheTigers 

They stalk the night on silent paws, 

They catch it in their careful claws

They stand with striped heads held high and tall, for 

They are tigers, never to fall

Twin=Aphrodite 

Warrior Cat Fan 

(No longer active. Remember me.)

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

I have a couple questions for you. (and Tigris or anyone else who wants to jump in) 

I don't know you face to face, but on here I wouldn't have known that you are autistic unless you flat out told me. For peeps like you, who are pretty much unaffected, could someone tell by looking at you or watching you that you're autistic?

How do you feel when people use "autistic" as an insult? Like, if someone drops the ball in basketball, someone might call them autistic?

Are you okay being associated with the kids with serious autism? Would you prefer not to be, since their austim is a lot more noticeable and life changing than your own, and you just want to be treated as a normal person? 

• Posted at:

Bobcat

Here there be salamanders

Proud Christian! 

Just passing through.

"A student in bed will remain in bed,

unless acted upon by a large enough panic."

-Newton's Lesser Known 4th Law of Motion

/298740 ;D

Thumbnail avatar d2f5006105

tigerwolf4248

@Bobcat

I would like to answer to second one about using autistic as an insult.

When people use "autistic" as an insult, at my school, I hear it every other day. (Currently I'm on summer vacation, though.) When people do, it makes me extremely angry. For people extremely autistic, every day is a struggle. When my sister was young, she could hardly talk. Now, she can have conversations like any "normal" person. People who use autistic as an insult means they don't really know what autism truly is. I believe they associate it with "retarded" which they also use as an insult. Autistic people have thoughts and feelings just like us, and I wish some people would understand that. For my sister, yeah maybe autism made her speech off, or lowered her self control level, or made it more difficult to pay attention but it also made her the sweetest person I know, incredibly creative, and have an amazing long-term memory. 

• Posted at:

Tigris

#SaveTheTigers 

They stalk the night on silent paws, 

They catch it in their careful claws

They stand with striped heads held high and tall, for 

They are tigers, never to fall

Twin=Aphrodite 

Warrior Cat Fan 

(No longer active. Remember me.)

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

I'm not autistic, but I have a grandfather who is, so it's in my genetics. Sometimes I think a little bit differently then a normal person would think, but not academically. (ex. math problems) 

• Posted at:

Windsong

I am the weirdest person you will ever meet.

Misfits are often the sanest of people because they're the only ones who have the courage to be themselves.

I'm not beautiful

I'm not cool

I'm not perfect

But I'm kind.

Why is life so hard?

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

I also get furious when people use "autistic" as an insult, but I hear other insults typically being used around my school, because the teachers are extremely strict. I've known someone since kindergarten who has autism, and he's an amazing person, and he's done a lot. He can speak well, function well, and he's a fun person to be around.

• Posted at:

Windsong

I am the weirdest person you will ever meet.

Misfits are often the sanest of people because they're the only ones who have the courage to be themselves.

I'm not beautiful

I'm not cool

I'm not perfect

But I'm kind.

Why is life so hard?

pinkpuma175

@Bobcat

Could someone tell by looking at you or watching you that you're autistic?

Sometimes, it is hard to tell if someone is autistic. Every autistic person is different, since we are on a spectrum. But there are signs, such as avoiding eye contact because it makes them uncomfortable can be associated with being autistic. In addition, some autistic people (like me) do something called stimming. I'll explain stimming In another question. But for me, I'm not sure. No one has specifically asked me if I'm autistic, but they probably notice I'm a little "weird". 

How do you feel when people use "autistic" as an insult?

It seems that many people have answered this question for me, which is okay. I share the same views. I think it's offensive and inaccurate as autistic does not equal stupid. I even heard it at my school I graduated from, which is for kids who "learn differently". I knew a girl with aspergers who used it as an insult.

Are you okay being associated with the kids with serious autism?

I guess. At the school I mentioned above, many kids were on different ends of the spectrum. Some kids needed a lot of help. Sometimes, they annoyed me. But I never refused to associate myself with those kids.

Now, for some unasked questions.

What is stimming?

Stimming is a fancy word for fidgeting as autistic or with ADHD. Many autistic people like me flap their arms when happy. This is stimming. There are also stim toys, such as the infamous fidget spinner. Don't get me wrong, I love stimming with it, but how many neurotypicals (people who aren't autistic or have ADHD and the sort), who have made fun of autistic people for stimming, have now turned to them. This has happened with so many stimming things, such as slime, and I'm quite tired of it. But I can't stop them, and anyone can fidget. Just don't make fun of autistic people.

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar 0e02e48a1f

turquoisepegasus48

I have a friend who thinks that they might have autism spectrum disorder (aka aspergers), but they don't know where to go to get it officially diagnosed, as their parents don't believe them. Do you have any information or help?

• Posted at:

Silver/Eevee Lunice-Ignorè-Argentum-Moonhaven

SAMBer&WoFMBer

QueenOfEvilPlotsFadingOutOfThreadsSprayingOthersW/Lemonade&Shruggles

#TanenTheDementorLives#AwkwardGreyPanromanticAsexual#JinBiasBTS

BasicallyMyBlog@/191659(SA)

06/19/14Yo02/07/15

pinkpuma175

@Silver

Honestly, I have no clue. It can be hard when you think you're autistic when no one believes you. I would maybe suggest for them telling a therapist if they have one, or maybe bringing it up next time they have that psychological test thing I think many people have every few years. (I do, at least, but they might not). Or maybe a school counselor would have resources?? I don't know.

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar 56e56a6bc0

hydrahoneydew9

What is your opinion of Isaac based off this line?

"I will dance on your grave, sir."

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

pinkpuma175

@Ocean

What does that have to do with autism

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

pinkpuma175

anyway up

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar

pinkwolf322

How do things like slime and fidget spinners help with stimming?

• Posted at:

Call me April!

·Any pronouworks!

·I'm a nerd!

·I LOVE anime! *o*  

·YOUTUBE IS MY LIFE!

· Superwholock fan!

·ProuAbrosexualPanromanticand, Bigender!

May 22, 2014 

Thumbnail avatar 56e56a6bc0

hydrahoneydew9

I have no idea, it's a random question. I like asking weird questions.

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

pinkpuma175

@April

I don't really know exactly, but for a simple answer, it can be stimulating in different ways. Many people like me watch slime videos because it can trigger ASMR (which is an auditory thing and it feels really good but sometimes weird), and stims with it and fidget spinners because it gives them something to do. (maybe that's an ADHD thing and not an autism thing, i am both).

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

How was your day?

• Posted at:

call me happeh

she/her

she's bi-eauty, she's gray-ace

what kind of woman doesn't have an axe?

canadian-chinese

catholic

will make puns

"but it feels oddly good to hurt”

professional hyperbolizer

"hey adora"

pinkpuma175

@Happy

Spent most of it playing Portal, my new special interest

Wait, what is a special interest? You're probably asking.

A special interest, or a hyperfixation, is exactly what it sounds like. It's a main interest. When you have a special interest, you focus mostly on that thing. It's common in ADHD and autistic people. They can change, however. Like currently, mine is Portal, but it was once Homestuck, Gravity Falls, Animal Jam, Spirit Animals (oooh yes that was a big special interest), and Club Penguin were my special interests once, just to name a few.

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar 9b23d31bd8

pizzapie250

I've never agreed with so many things found in one place in my life.

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Female if you can't tell by the purple/pink text

sometimes I put random phrases here until I can use them in my writing. Yes, I'm that greedy with journal space.