Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

How do you make friends?

Seriously, I don't know how. Ever since grade one I've had a really small friend group and we all don't know how to make friends. I can't be entirely alone in high school. I'm socially awkward. You know how there was that one loner in school who was weird? I am that loner. HOW?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar db756fcab7

artkitten320

Neither do I but I guess the first step is just talking to someone, and about a topic you know about too, preferably. I guess the first time don't talk too long, and the second time similar, but don't do this everyday or so. And always wait a bit to see if they-or someone else-wil make the first move and talk to you. 

Sorry if I'm not much help, I got friends because we shared the same cupcake outfit and common annoyance at people asking what the sharpie on our arms are. Have fun in high school!

• Posted at:

∆ Icicle

nerd | musical trash | INTJ-T | scorpio

"Now it's time to say goodbye

To the things we loved....

How the time seemed to fly."~RWBY

Thumbnail avatar 8bf0113d39

dogdragon1303

I dunno. Talk to people, I guess. But then again, if you're like me, you'd rather jump off of a cliff. So I don't know. Maybe someone has interests similar to yours? Just talk about those interests and go from there.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Send a fully armed battalion

Acting the goat

I'd rather stand with God, and be judged by the world, than stand with the world, and be judged by God.

Proud member of Mrs. Wolfe's Haven (RP)!

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

Thumbnail avatar d7639406e5

crowsoul50

If your school does after-school clubs, try to join one that interests you. You will find a lot of like-minded people there. 

You aren't the only one looking for a friend. Odds are there is at least one person your classes (besides you) looking for someone to chill with. 

If you have assigned  seating, you'll end up conversing with the people around you anyway. 

Portray a kind and positive personality and people will naturally be drawn to you. 

Good Luck!

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Thumbnail avatar b7d99bda52

powerfulwolf250

Be open, talk to people and remember proper manners. Never interrupt, listen even when you are not particularly fond of the subject, and do not act as if you do not care. It is okay to be reserved, but not a closed-off shell. If the person you greet or talk to does not seem interesting, you do not have to continue to speak with them. Of course, if they start a conversation, it is polite to respond. Kids are really judge-mental at that age. Try to talk to as many people as you can, that way many people will know you. You may make some close friends with this.

It's worked for me, though many of the people I speak to are not very close to me. But I'd consider myself well-known throughout the school. Smile and be polite to your teachers and older peers. 

This is not gauranteed, just what I've been doing. I have a good amount of friends, so I can only assume it works.

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."Thanks for the memories, everyone. I'll miss you all.

Thumbnail avatar d7b76a5476

wolfpaw1527

I KNOW I KNOW! So. 

Option 1: say you like... Hamilton. So in the lunch table ya might just say a phrase from hamilton and pretty quick you might make a group like "The Hamilton Group" or whatever

Option 2: so. Say everybody has gone out to recess and you're with a couple of people you know, just chillin'

when nobody is gonna talk about anything, just shout out something like "HEY YOU WANNA MAKE A CREW?" or something like that. Then you'll be the alpha of the crew if they accept

these are just how to make a crew, but the first option worked for me and the second option worked for my best friend

mods let this through

mods let this through

Mods let this through

• Posted at:

Nacho

memes and vines and memes and vines

holy heck i spilled my wine

Foxcraft

Wolfey

Phillip

Benny

Nacho.exe

EVERYBODY DO THE DAB

Thumbnail avatar 5d50bc1d7d

tricksterangel48

this probably won't help, but i'm gonna say it anyway. 

extroverts.

extroverts are how friends are made.

you can find an extrovert and try to talk to them.

maybe an extrovert will find you and talk to you. then, before you know it, you kinda sorta have a friend. (maybe)

sometimes friends can be found in the worst of situations - for example, i had no friends in math. once a week (at least), my math teacher would make us do partner work. as most of us probably know, having no friends in a class and being forced to do partner work in the same class is horrible. it's terrifying. (for me, anyway). luckily, there was another person in my math class who also had no friends in the class. the teacher put us together and we just partnered up every time after that. we got to talking and just kind of became friends.

anyway, it just happens. yes, i was a loner for three months, but i found friends eventually and now have five real friends

That didn't help, sorry. My advice is talk to people, even if you would rather die. Force yourself to be social. It's harder than it sounds, but even a simple, "Hello." directed toward the right person (an extroverted one) can spark a whole conversation and then, BAM, potential friendship.

• Posted at:

ceol

infp // libra // hufflepuff // bisexual

ill see you in the future when were older

and we are full of stories to be told

() ~remember chester bennington~

gang: dan, danny, grey [formerly dan II], aleks

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

However, I'm having lunch at home. 

• Posted at: