Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

My taekwondo instructor is leaving.

So am I.

One of my friends is too.

My taekwondo instructor  - my best friend - is going to teach at his old school, the second school to ever be in our franchise, at which he was the first student, at the first class there. The school he taught at before my school opened. He was there for most of the summer, and I missed him a lot. Now he's going to be there permanently. I mean . . . -tear- . . . it's better than what I thought it was. The way everyone was talking about it, I thought he was quitting. Which he NEVER would. I really want him to stay with us, but they need him there now. I cried on and off for four hours yesterday when I heard he was leaving . . . 

I have now moved to a different city. I could still go to my old taekwondo school; it just wasn't the greatest drive. It's kind of far, but I was willing to go all that way if my instructor was there. Well, now he's not going to be there, and tomorrow is my last day with him. So I decided . . . -deep breath- I'm switching taekwondo schools. I'm going to a different school in our franchise, starting next week. His new school is too far away, but his brother's school is easy to get to. I've only heard good things about him; people say he's a great teacher. Like his brother. :,)

My friend at taekwondo is pursuing an English degree, as he wants to teach English to those who wish to learn it as a second language. He wants to find a different job to pay for college, perhaps one more relevant to his career.

Both of them have been with me since the beginning, since my first day. They've been my friends all this time and they've never left me. -trying not to cry- They changed my life. They're like brothers to me.

And I'm going to miss all my classmates and all the kids at the summer camp this year. My classmates are the best, the most encouraging, most awesome people ever. And the kids are so sweet. :,) I'm going to miss them all so much.

And my master. I wish I could have trained with him longer. He was on the national team, so he was able to help me a lot with my sparring. I'm truly grateful for that. I wish I'd gotten to say goodbye, if I'd known this was going to happen.

And my other instructor. Classmate. Friend. He's a lot of things. We were constantly messing with each other. He's the instructor who dumped the cooler of water on me. XD I'm going to miss him a lot as well.

So I'm going to train as hard as I can every day, to honor what they have all taught me. I owe it to them. Especially my instructor (the one who's leaving).

I got my next belt yesterday, my brown stripe belt. Brown belt with black stripe. Two more belts until black belt. I was supposed to get it next Tuesday, which was when I scheduled my in-class graduation since I missed graduation week (the week we get our new belts), but my instructor said we could do it that day. It's the last belt he's ever going to give me. That was when he told me he was going to a different school. I didn't cry then . . . but I cried as soon as I got home. But I realized I should be grateful for all the wonderful and hilarious memories we have instead of being sad that it's over. Really, it isn't over - there's something called email, and we'll see each other at trainings and stuff. But those memories . . . -smiles- I'm definitely going to keep them forever. They're the best memories anyone could have.

I owe it to him to become the best taekwondo athlete in the world, the best martial artist in the world, because that's what he gave me the strength to become.

So here's my thank you, and I'm not just going to say this in this post. I might cry, I most definitely will cry, but I'm going to say this to him tomorrow: You changed my life. You're the best martial arts teacher I could ask for. Thank you for everything. And I mean every word of that.

And by the way, he called me Instructor Samurai yesterday. :,)

Okay, fine, I'm crying now.

So goodbye, everyone, and before I leave, I'm going to tell you something my instructor told me a long time ago: Follow your bliss. Do what you're interested in. Writing. Drawing. A sport. Whatever you're interested in. And focus on whatever will make you happy now, in this moment. A heart of joy will put many stars in a dark sky. Never forget that. I hope you all find as much happiness as I have, and I wish you the best luck in life. :)

- Instructor Samurai

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar 1d9360b13b

dogfly326

Samurai...

Goodbye. It's a said day when someone leaves, but if nothing can be done, no one can try to stop it. I might of not really known you, but I can tell your a very nice person, and someone who works hard at their taekwondo. Have a long and happy life.

*Waves hand in farewell and smiles*

• Posted at:

Dogfly or Lindell ✴

HollyFoxAnneSkyfireAircloudCloudheartPupflyAriBlaze

Catfly ....Nothing else.   

KitflyViperJadeAirclawSkypawTideSeekerRowletLittenPopplioOneSix

#UndertaleFan

#I'mInForestclan

#ElderSAMBer

#MoreSigSpa-

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Sorry that this posted twice. :/

Anyway, today is our last day . . . I was crying last night. I'm going to miss everyone so much . . . We're going to redo our picture - it was taken almost two years ago, when I was a gold stripe. We're taking several pictures - a serious one that probably won't be that serious, a funny one, and probably a taekwondo one. Our last pictures were a "serious" one and a funny one - the funny one is priceless. It was supposed to be a serious picture but my instructor made a face at the camera and I couldn't stop laughing. So my face was . . . interesting. XD The best part is, we both still have our arms crossed like in the "serious" picture. XD XD XD

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

Go get em. ;D Best of luck in all your pursuits. Stay fluffeh. *hug*

• Posted at:

Bobcat.

Thumbnail avatar 868f6a933b

cobrapanther473

What is it with these months? Leaving and arriving?

• Posted at:

Daisy

Gang

Daisy, Goldenrod, Frost, Tamaki, Ak'wan, Aventine, Erik, Devin, Waren, Elliot, Chloe, Frost Knight

Thumbnail avatar d9ae61b0a8

dogdonut473

Bye, I suppose. 

• Posted at:

Azalis

Per Elsa's request, call me Snazalis

Official Thread Necromancer.

Proud member of luana's third Mrs Wolfe's haven and school for elemental werewolves roleplay.

Thumbnail avatar 2dacde932c

platinumdragon2816

Bye... I know how that feels... I lost all my friends except Meg when I moved... 

• Posted at:

Düšk

#FishFlops

#Beanmagdon

Jeff/Fitz/Ger/Lin/Bob/Unna/Li/Fran/Tony/Zero/Traz/Zel/

"Ben no flirting with dangerous war criminals."

-Marvel

-Star Wars

-X Men

-Sebastian Stan tho

Thumbnail avatar 26d845b575

rainelf13

I hope you enjoy your life. Keep working on the taekwondo! It's been great hearing about it all these years. 

• Posted at:

Rain, Thane of Scholastica

9/25/2013 

Pokémon

JSE

Thrilling Intent

RWBY

Teratologist

Voltron

No Smarts but Hearts

Jaz|Xiang|Fenny|Ryoku|Pyro|Falco|Mei Long|Raife