Thumbnail avatar 2b4e58a204

brownwolf123

So I saw there was a bit of an issue with Firefox regarding their views on LGBT+ and how they expressed them. I wanted to say a bit it yesterday, but decided to do something else instead, which is why I'm doing it now. I did look over the threads that seem important to this little disagreement. Now I am personally pan and an LGBT+ supporter, but I honestly see faults on both sides here.

On the one side, we have Firefox. Now, I don't mind if she doesn't like LGBT and doesn't agree with it. However, it's expected that you still respect people, regardless of their orientation. Something my mother said when we having a discussion about the Evergreen State controversy was that even if someone doesn't agree with a belief or orientation, they still respect that person. "Even if I don't believe it, or am against it, I'll still be your friend and talk to you." And Firefox, most people aren't mad that you disagree, it's the way you acted regarding that belief. Going "eww" at the thought of LGBT ships is kind of offensive and can hurt people, just like someone going "eww" at you for your choices in relationships. As for your RP rules, I honestly don't care how you run your RPs, but I understand why people were upset. ANother thing was how you reacted to the hate. You did something that I see a few SJWs (usually supporters of LGBT and feminism) react, they play the victim card and whine about the hate. I know you're a kid (I'm only two years older than you), but you have to understand that with these kinds of conversations, you have to be a bit more mature in your part of the discussion. Or not take part at all, as it adds attention and sometimes prolongs it. You also have to understand some of the feelings of those disagreeing with you.

But I do agree with Firefox on some things as well. And I think some of this wasn't entirely her fault. When I saw the RP threads, most of the people joining weren't really bothered by the rule, it wasn't until someone came in and complained that it became an issue. I'm not sure if that person planned to join before seeing the rule or somehow stumbled upon it and got mad, but people have a choice to not join. If people were bothered by the rule, they could have just not joined. Really, it mostly affects the RP's growth, considering how many people are apart or support LGBT. But from personal experience, I've hardly seen same-gender ships come up in the RPs I've created/joined (then again I dropped out of the RP community and rarely take part in them anymore, so maybe things have changed?). And we got to remember that Firefox has the right not to agree with LGBT and not associate with it. Now, she didn't give a reason, and honestly even I want to know the why to her beliefs, but we also have to respect her and her beliefs and decisions just as we expect others to. Because then we get these kinds of things that blow up when it probably wouldn't have mattered if people didn't give attention to it.

Basically, everyone played a part, nobody is entirely innocent. The reason I bring this up is because I expect more issues similar to this and want to try to solve them before they begin. I honestly think that we have to respect people's beliefs and decisions regardless of what they are or their background, unless it is harmful or bullying. The "ewww" thing was a little offensive, but just a simple civil conversation was needed for that. If it was anything like directly going after LGBT, mass-reports of LGBT topics for no reason, or just troll behavior, I would have understood the reaction. But this was really small and didn't deserve the attention it got. So don't be cry-bullies, don't bring attention to things that no one is having an issue with at the time, and be respectful.

And if the Firefox controversy is dying down, I apologize for bringing it back up again and take full responsibility if this restarts it. But please don't actively seek out in restarting it or continuing it. This post also served the purpose of commenting on any incidents that are similar to the one named.

PLEASE LET THIS POST!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

CALLUZFCBPTPJEIBKSKKNBAMKS

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

SiFlCMAySaSiYuRyTkYkSAIbMyGyViElSBCa

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

RSFSSIAMPRSMKCRHSPKHMRICESCPMMNY

*Applause*

Kudos to you!You wrote a well-put-together essay at one in the morning!Good job!:D

• Posted at:

~Vale~

Proud Pagan

Homoromantic Demiboy

Currentley Sleep Deprived

"Okay,Alcibiades,you little scamp."-Blue

The Pun Guy,apparentley

Slytherpuff

"Sand tastes..not good."-SomethingelseYT

I wonder if this will fit in mah sig

Equal

Blessed be

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I am the B in LGBT.

MODS, PLZ, PLZ LET THIS THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

My name is Lullaby, or Sylvester. I go by They/Them. My gang is far too big to write down completely. Most importantly, be who you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you who you should be. I'm pan/omni, and who cares? (Want to know my fandoms? Ask.) 

Thumbnail avatar 2326b9f4f5

moonlightmystery143

//applause//

• Posted at:

☆.。.:* ASTERIA .。.:*☆

°₊writing momcat dealer₊°

:.the world needs this luminary.:

.₊*of the stars to shine even brighter!*₊.

fly away, little birdy 

°:. *₊ ° . ☆ °:. *₊☆ ° . ° . °:. *₊ .

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

Prank, I applaud you. This essay was very well written, well thought out, and you examined the argument from both sides, which a lot of people have a hard time doing. As a person, I don't support LGBT+, but I don't discriminate against people who are.

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

Thumbnail avatar 7cdf3c45e9

iceclaws188

This is very well written, Prank. I will not say one thing or the other, but I will say that these arguments destroy the positive and fun vibes from RPs and the RPs themselves. Arguments such as these also splitter relationships between SAMBers and can create bigger conflicts. We cannot let this conflicts escalate for the sake of many on here. I remind everyone that there is a political world outside, but the inside of SAMB is for kids that just want to have a good time. 

• Posted at:

Renegade - Ren - Renny

aesthetically pleasing

and somewhat edgy

Female/Bi/Fangirl

Hope Hustle for Your Dreams

✵✵✵ 

#WhiteInkWasWorthIt

^Write that in your sig^

If you see this message.

Thumbnail avatar 6c4108c981

wolfdreamtime201

I DID GIVE A REASON. Man why no one read it? 

• Posted at:

₣łⱤɆØӾ

AKA Mozilla

Cʜᴀɴᴄʟᴇᴛᴀ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

օղӀվ í ɾҽՏҽɾѵҽ Եհҽ ɾíցհԵ Եօ ʍɑƘҽ ƒմղ օƒ ʍí ɑʍíցօՏ

Like a pheonix I will rise and fly from the ashes 

Draw a circle there's the Earth! 

#Christian

#Deltasquad

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

Firefox, you're just proving everyone's point.

• Posted at:

Bobcat.

Is your reason "my mother is...." from the four gifts of Erdas thread? If so, that's not really a reason, you didn't finish your sentence. 

• Posted at:

Fizzy

Nvm, I saw your reason. Forget I was here.

• Posted at:

Fizzy

Thumbnail avatar 7cdf3c45e9

iceclaws188

-Puts hands up in surender.- I don't want to start anything, but Firefox, even thou you are uncomfortable with it (I think, your reason wasn't really clear to me), that gives you no reason reason to criticize people.

• Posted at:

Renegade - Ren - Renny

aesthetically pleasing

and somewhat edgy

Female/Bi/Fangirl

Hope Hustle for Your Dreams

✵✵✵ 

#WhiteInkWasWorthIt

^Write that in your sig^

If you see this message.

brownwolf123

Well I apologize Firefox, I did not see it in my search.

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

wolfdreamtime201

Yeah, different thread thingymabobly

• Posted at:

₣łⱤɆØӾ

AKA Mozilla

Cʜᴀɴᴄʟᴇᴛᴀ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

#Christian

#Deltasquad

Thumbnail avatar 91bfad658e

turtlebear66

An eye for an eye, Prank.

Please don't listen to him- Anyway, you're right Prank. I'll try to keep some people under control better. 

Did I ever say I was innocent? No, I didn't. It's not innocent, nor is it entirely fair. It just makes the most sense.

Ignore him. I'll fix it later.

• Posted at:

Katana

and

Kipper

MiLeoRaDo

IDCyFox

PFPFoxPBBPMarPCPM

NFNBNFoxNCNCaNMFlaFeFrNFB

BabFFFFrBal

FreBoCh4GFCaOliStoSpPl

AzTyDaLDDa

ManReMaTCSFClSBBBJJWGWCWFWBWFr

PaG/SMeCha

PapBlOsJeFrAz

ObRhNiCo

7Sa

I'm not sure what we are. -Kip

RulerofFNAF/

PunGod

Thumbnail avatar d7b76a5476

wolfpaw1527

*scrolls through the post, not reading anything*

... yay

*does not know what LBGT means*

LOL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

what does it mean

LOL HAHA WHAT THE HECK DUDE *leaves, laughing head off*

.-.

• Posted at:

Nacho

memes and vines and memes and vines

holy heck i spilled my wine

Foxcraft

Wolfey

Phillip

Benny

Nacho.exe

EVERYBODY DO THE DAB

brownwolf123

I do have to ask Firefox. I want to clarify I found the right post, but you're disagreement with LGBT is because of your mother? You're allowed to not answer, but can I ask why? Is it because it bothers you to see your mother in that kind of relationship? Or is there just something negative? Like I said, you're allowed to not answer, but I just want to understand your situation a bit more so I can understand you better.

PLEASE LET THIS POST!

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

I'm really sorry you have a bad home life,but would you hate on straight people if your mom neglected you for a boyfriend? 

• Posted at:

~Yogurt~

Kitsune's other account

Queen of foxes 

"Villians are just victim's who's stories haven't been told." ~The evil queen,Land of Stories,Chris Colfer

wolfdreamtime201

My mom has a girlfriend. And she doesn't care for me and my brother a sister. I rarely even want to talk to her anymore. I can't explain everything. I can't. 

• Posted at:

₣łⱤɆØӾ

AKA Mozilla

Cʜᴀɴᴄʟᴇᴛᴀ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

#Christian

#Deltasquad

Thumbnail avatar f1ada2e8f1

detectingbee51

Wait, what happened?

Firefox was involved in all of this?

• Posted at:

Bend

hopefully that name isn't taken

Previously Bee 

some attributes about me

chill

likes watermelons

hates melons

hates cantaloupes

kdkeejxmduemxjkdmei

Thumbnail avatar 1a4d747303

dancebutterfly4

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE POEPLE IN THE BACK

• Posted at:

Oh 

Thumbnail avatar b7d99bda52

powerfulwolf250

@Prank

I agree with this. Everybody please remember that respect goes both ways. 

@Firefox

I think that's a good enough reason since it brings up a bad topic for you. I'm sorry that you have such a bad home life, and I hope it gets better and one day you'll be able to reconnect with your mother if you wish to.

@Everybody else

They've given their reason. Now please let this whole thing die and go back to the other argument all threads that we seem to see so much. 

I really hope this doesn't sound aggressive... 

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."Thanks for the memories, everyone. I'll miss you all.