Thumbnail avatar 998df98b78

fairyathena472

CH ONE:
    I flipped my long, powder blue hair out of my face. Kai gives me a reproachful look. I give him my signature grin.
  “Rachet…” He says.
   “Yeah, I know. We haven’t had a job in weeks. We’re gonna starve, blah blah blah.” I lean back.
   “Huh.” I re-read the post, to make sure I read it right. “Hey Kai, Catch a glimpse of this.” I wave him over.
   “‘The internet is a public place. Meet me behind the House of Spades hotel.’” He reads.
    “Sounds like a good case.” I say.
    “Get your stuff. We got some jerks to kill.”

As Kai went to gather his weapons, I skipped to my room. I added a charm bracelet to my wrist. There were exactly 99 small, plastic bone charms on it. I started with no charms, adding one for every life I took. Me and Kai are assassins for hire. I grab my bow and quiver and put it on. I look around the place. When we were contracted to kill a man in a secret service-looking outfit, we got enough to buy a two bedroom apartment. No one here asked why two seventeen year olds came out of the door with deadly weapons. I put my knives in their sheaths. After drinking a quick soda, I go to the main room. Kai opens the door and we go to our car. I glance at him. He’s tall, has spiked up black hair (Which I don’t touch for fear of gel poisoning,), bronze skin, which makes sense considering his Samoan heritage, and dark brown eyes. He’s built like a linebacker. I have pale skin, powder blue hair and eyes. I’m small and skinny. Somehow, he’s the breakable one.

We ride in absolute silence. I break it the same way I always do.
  “Did you forget your lines?”
  “No. Thinking about how this could go wrong. On a scale of one to ten, how bad would it be if-”
  “At least a twenty. Why are you glaring at me?”
  “I’m hoping you spontaneously combust.”

We get to the hotel after a car ride of bickering. I even got my favorite line (I would rather be pecked to death by a flock of hummingbirds.) into our fight. We get out of the car. We walk to the back of the hotel. Suddenly, we’re surrounded by eight men.
     Kai sighs. “How do we keep getting into these situations.”
      I go back to back with him, and we circle around. “Eleven years of friendship, and I still have no idea. We have five people trying to kill us right now, what are we gonna do?”
       He unsheathes a katana and says “Actually, it’s more like eight.”
       “OH, sorry I wasn’t specific enough! This is really bad…” I decide that a bow isn’t a proper weapon for this and pull out a pistol.

“How can you tell?” Kai asks, as he glances at the stone faced attackers.
  “See how they’re slowly surrounding us? And they have guns and knives and that one dude has a machete?” I fire one bullet, directly in the heart of the closet attacker. Immediately, I feel many sharp pains, like bee stings, riddled throughout my body. I look down. “Ow.” and I fall.

I stand back up, the pain fading. A person in a cloak, holding a lantern in one hand and a scythe in the other.
  “You’re death, I presume.” I say, brushing off my shirt.
  They look at me for a minute. Then they say, “You’re early. You still gotta do your fate.” They vanish, and I’m back on the ground, although the pain’s gone. I slowly pull out my pistol and shoot as many as I can. All except one drops.

He glances at me, then runs. I stand up. “But… You died.”
“Yeah, well it didn’t stick. Let’s go.” and we run to the car and drive away

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

KITTEN

Queen of 0w0

Author in training

Collecter of sparkly things

Wannabe artist

DnD geek

Bookworm!

Hot mess of a child

She/her

Bicurious!

GO BEYOND! PLUS ULTRA!

Thumbnail avatar eb5801f5ee

catdragon13873

Lol gel poisoning

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPQUAKE

oceans rise, empires fall

we have seen each other through it all

for even if i‘m far away i hold you in my heart

no matter where you go

you’ll never be alone

toffee’s still a walnut

I'm going down with this ship

Thumbnail avatar 56e56a6bc0

hydrahoneydew9

I feel like the death was done way too fast and sloppy but other than that gOOD JOB MY CHILD

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane