ive done this before ayy
basically what this is, is a group oc creation thing. not like "everyone comes together and makes ocs in a workshop type setting" but rather "everyone pitches in a little bit of info to make one character"
some tips n tricks n rules n such n whatnot n synonyms n synonyms
- dont do two things in a row. ideally, you should only be every third or fourth at most, but dont sweat it. if its dying, come back in n throw smth else in to spice it up a bit more
- only do one thing at a time, like i said youre creating the oc as a group
- i wont be intervening besides to ask clarification. as long as it makes sense and isnt op, ill allow it
- go for as little collaboration as reasonably possible with the basics. with backstory youll need a bit more cohesion so its not a very charismatic thief type in one stage and then a secluded royal kid whos never seen their own city in another. go based on the short concept given above, but feel free to push and pull it into pretty much any direction
- most of these can and should be left to short phrases or short sentences at most to allow for people to put their own spins on them. its a lot harder when someones writing a novel about a character to throw in a new feature.
anyways heres the order my dudes
- 1st comment: species (preferably humanoid-type stuff, but if you wanna go for animals or other creatures go right ahead)
- 2nd: gender
- 3rd: age
- 4th: setting (a short blurb on the world they live in, for example "sci-fi with dragons" or "fantasy urban slum")
- 5th: full name (if this is based on names from a real culture state what it is for the nationality and such)
- 6th: any nicknames (skip if they dont have one)
- 7th: lifestyle (short thing on the sort of life they lead, for example "star athlete" or "lone-wolf roguish type" or "dragon trainer" or "fairy king")
- 8th: backstory (again, keep it general to just explain the circumstances and give the others a bit of a foundation to build upon, for example "homeless teen runaway searching for answers" or "starry-eyed child trying to make a name in a new world" or "adventurer who has seen dangers beyond the reaches of most imaginations")
- 9th: family (who their family are/were, and their relationship and such, for example "katrina, younger sister, close bond" or "cornelius, grandfather and legal guardian, strained")
- 10th: skills (keep it to only three or four and keep it vague, like "lying" "drawing" "training animals")
- 11th: special skills (one or two special abilities that set them apart, like "can read minds" or "is a skilled assassin" or "made a deal with a demon")
- 12th: personality (keep it to a single phrase to be expanded upon, a sort of core trait, like "thirst for adventure and thrill is never quenched" or "strives for honor and power" or "always tries to learn as much as they can")
- 13th: backstory pt 2 (expand upon backstory a bit, tie in other things if you want like how they managed to get that magical amulet)
- 14th: personality pt 2 (go a bit more in depth with one aspect of the characters thoughts and actions or how their backstory has affected the personality, or perhaps a new trait)
- 15th: clothes (general style as to what they wear, remember this can give away a lot about a person)
- 16th: accessories (anything special they own, like a crucifix necklace from when they were a baby or a bracelet symbolizing a lost friend which they turn to in times of need)
- 17th: build (keep in mind the backstory to some extent, for example a starving homeless kid isnt gonna have a huge macho manly build)
- 18th: face
- 19th: hair color/cut/style
- 20th: eye stuff (including glasses/contacts)
- 21st: skin (including freckles, blemishes, etc)
- 22nd: weird traits (anything out of the ordinary, like a scar or blackened hands or pointed ears, keep it only to maybe one or two)
- 23rd: backstory pt 3 (expand on part of their backstory, see 13)
- 24th: personality pt 3 (expand on part of their personality or a new key trait, see 14)
- 25th: immediate goals (what they want to do in the short term, like "impress parents" or "get good grades")
- 26th: life goals (what they want to do in the long term, like "become famous athlete" or "cure disease" or "find missing sibling")
- 27th: hobbies (what they like to do in their free time, like "drawing" or "watching forest creatures" or "playing piano", doesnt have to line up with skills)
- 28th: random facts (some random fact about them, like "owns a dog" or "always taps their feet" or "regularly visits the local temple for curiositys sake", just small random things to add extra character)
once this is finished ill compile it all into one solid character, filling in gaps and making small creative liberties in case this turns out an ebony dark'ness. while im working on that yall can start over. still, be sure to go wild with the character and make it a fun one.
for example, last time we ended up with an immortal jewish faerie prince from a hidden realm with colors swapped around from what we have. go wild my children.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
☆.｡.:* ASTERIA .｡.:*☆
°₊writing mom☆cat dealer₊°
:.the world needs this luminary.:
.₊*of the stars to shine even brighter!*₊.
☆fly away, little birdy☆
°:. *₊ ° . ☆ °:. *₊☆ ° . ° . °:. *₊ .