Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I slumped into a seat farther from the door and put my head on the counter, closing my eyes. Why us? Why now?

"You're good at hide and seek." remarked someone. I looked up slowly to see Ryan, his head resting in his hands on the other side of the counter, that same stupid, sly smile on his face. 

"Leave me alone." I said sternly, hating the fact that my voice cracked in the process. 

"Why~? Don't you want to catch up?" his dark red eyes looked me up and down. "You look horrible." 

"Quit acting like you care just because your buddy's here or whatever." I started. "Why are you even with that idiot?" 

"We have common goals." his smile faltered. "He's determined, unlike you worms. You and Connor make me embarrassed to call myself a Vampire." 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

✰Stargazer✰

Ruler of winged wolves and lions

They/Them

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

Ronan:

Connor was doing all of the work, which was fine by me. His anger got three feet down in two minutes. Quite impressive, actually. I would have to examine that when I had the two captured. First, though, we had to bury Scarlett and get Ryan's help. He was the only one I knew who was stronger than Connor. 

"So, where's your other friend?" I asked casually. 

"I don't know," he muttered. 

"I do," I practically sang. "She seemed pretty lost when I saw her. Good thing I have a friend keeping an eye on her."

His hands gripped tighter around the shovel. "Keep talking, and you might find yourself in here."

I put my hands up. "It can wait, and you'll see her shortly, I'm sure."

"Where's your friend?" He growled, something that was becoming more common. Good. A second later, he understood. Throwing down the shovel, he climbed out of the hole. "Ryan can help you with the rest. I'm only going to work on what is absolutely necessary to get you to leave."

"Feel free," I grinned as he went back in the house. I had a plan, and it was so much better when Connor called out for Jackson. This was going to be great. 

Please lease let this through

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

"Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming." -Tom Hiddleston

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"None of your business." Ryan said flatly. "So what happened to you, you look weaker than normal."

"None of your business." I replied in the same tone. Just then, Connor came in.

Ryan:

I stood straight up and walked out of the kitchen as Connor came in. I went to the front and found Ronan in a three-foot deep hole in the ground. "Need help with the rest?" 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Sorry I didn't get here sooner," I apologized. "Ronan makes a good distraction. Luckily, he gave away some information during his insults." I sat down next to Jackson. "Until I'm absolutely needed, I'm staying right here. Ryan isn't going to torment you while I'm around."

Ronan:

"yeah, I could use some help," I stood up, grabbing the extra shovel. "I would've given you more time, but I might need your help in bringing the two with us. Do you know how to use a blade?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Thank you..." I said, knowing there was no use trying to ask to help. "What information?"

Ryan:

"Don't worry about time, I don't mind... But blade...? Ooh, yes. I know how to use that... I could just hit Jacky over the head with a shovel to knock him out though... Remember, a broken toy isn't fun." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"I now know where Cain is," I sighed. "She's wandering around our old town, and Ronan has someone watching her. I hate it when he the one up on me." I got up and opened the fridge, looking for something to drink. "Now I really have to watch myself."

Ronan:

"Yeah, that's a good idea, but we have to get Connor away from him first, which will be hard, now that you've seen and talked with Jackson," I thought hard. "We should all be out here when Scarlett is in the ground, since she cared about all of us. That will make things easier in the long run. Once we finish the eulogy, make sur you hit him hard, because if they're both awake, there might be bigger problems. Connor works on family base, so he'll be a piece of cake with Jackson in our clutches."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I sighed. "I'm sorry for everything..." 

Ryan:

I continued digging. "Oh trust me, I will." I smiled. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"You couldn't help any of this," I found a soda and opened it, even though I had no idea how old it was. "We just have happened to have the worst luck right now. Things should lighten up now, once these two head out." I forced a smile. 

Ronan:

"Great!" I clapped, picking up the shovel and joining him. "Let's get this done, then."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"But what if it never does? Ronan's live may be temporary, but Ryan's life is just as prolonged as ours..." 

Ryan:

"So..." He seemed to act more dark after Scarlett died or wasn't around... Interesting.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Well, we can just find a way to make him stop," I drank the soda in two gulps and crushed the can. "Why is looking for you anyway? Maybe that will help."

Ronan:

I dug quickly, excited. "Thank you, by the way. This research is going to bring me to the big leagues. That and get me proper revenge for my angel. Poor girl."

The excitement was turning into anguish. Scar wasn't going to be able to see this. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I... I can't even remember..." I stared at the counter awkwardly.

Ryan:

"They'll pay soon enough... And don't worry about it. This is a win-win for you and I." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

I glanced at the roof. "Okay...that's fine. We'll just figure things out as we go. It doesn't seem like a good plan, but it's all I can think of for the moment. Are your u thirsty? I can get you something-"

I was interrupted by a light rap on the wall. Ronan leaned against the doorframe, a frown on his face. "We finished, and we could use some help moving the casket. It's a lot to ask from such a 'fine' host, but still."

"If I can keep an eye on both Jackson and Ryan, then I have no problem moving a dear friend of mine," I grimaced. 

"Shouldn't be a problem with someone as mighty as you," Ronan scoffed. "Hurry please. Ryan has also suggested that we all be in the area at once, so the mourning can be more heartfelt."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

Ryan suggested that? I glared at Ronan. I wish you choked on that sandwich. I did my best to not look as weak as I was. "See you outside." I said to Ronan as I pushed past him. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Ronan:

"No need to be so pushy," I muttered,moving just in time to get out of Connor's way. I was right behind them, heading in the direction of the hearse. Ryan was already there. How he managed to be so helpful was beyond me, but I was glad just the same. Opening the back, I choked back a sob. She really wasn't coming back now. "Let's get this over with."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I sat on the ground in front of the hole and carefully hugged my knees, watching sadly as Connor and Ronan put Scarlett's coffin into the ground. She's really gone... Just then, Ryan sat beside me, crossing his legs like a child.

"Do you still believe in that religion?" he asked quietly.

"Yes." 

"Then pray she went to Heaven." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

With it set, I kept my head down. This seemed so surreal. "Would anyone like to say a few words?"

"I do," Ronan cleared his throat, his face splashed with tears. "Scarlett was a girl that worked hard in everything she did, and her ultimate goal was to make a name for herself. She fought for what she believed in, even if no one else stood with her. She fought for me, her brothers, and even you guys. Although her goal was about her, it wasn't often that she thought about herself. She thought about what would be best for everyone else, and her death came only in her happiness. I will miss her until I am with her, wherever she may be. May she go to paradise, happier than she has ever been before."

It was very sentimental. So much so that a few tears fell from me as well. It was really happening, and it was my fault. Why did I send her off?!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

Connor:

With it set, I kept my head down. This seemed so surreal. "Would anyone like to say a few words?"

"I do," Ronan cleared his throat, his face splashed with tears. "Scarlett was a girl that worked hard in everything she did, and her ultimate goal was to make a name for herself. She fought for what she believed in, even if no one else stood with her. She fought for me, her brothers, and even you guys. Although her goal was about her, it wasn't often that she thought about herself. She thought about what would be best for everyone else, and her death came only in her happiness. I will miss her until I am with her, wherever she may be. May she go to paradise, happier than she has ever been before."

It was very sentimental. So much so that a few tears fell from me as well. It was really happening, and it was my fault. Why did I send her off?!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Scarlett was one of the better humans I've met..." I said quietly, staring at the coffin, tears rolling down my face. "She helped us, even when we were nothing but bad luck to her... I wish I could tell her I was sorry." 

"I ah... I didn't even know her a full day... But her determination was admirable, and even in death it seems she brings two hostile groups together, even if it's a short time." Ryan added. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"She managed to do the impossible," I chuckled darkly. She brought us all together, which none of us believed was possible. "A truly great person."

"Yes," Ronan handed a shovel to Ryan, then held one out to Jackson. "Would you like to add the first scoop? She was close to you, after all."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I looked up at Ronan unsurely. Sure, it was a serious subject, but just this morning he called us names, and now he wants me and Ryan of all people to do the honors of burying her? I grabbed the shovel anyways and stood up, using it as a krutch. Then, taking one last look at the coffin and whispering I'm sorry, I started to bury the coffin. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Ronan:

Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll be out soon enough. It was hard to keep off the smirk as I stared at the ground. I would make sure Scar was in the history books, and these two were her ticket in. 

What's that supposed to mean? Connor's voice rang through my head. I glanced up surprised. So he could read minds, huh? How interesting. That would be fun to test when the time came. Once most of the burying was done, I nodded to Ryan, hoping he got the signal. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I nodded to Ronan in return, holding the shovel like a baseball bat, a smile spreading across my face. I hit Jackson on the back of the head; hard. I watched as he dropped the shovel and fell to the ground. I dragged him from the part where we were burying Scarlett. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

My eyes went wide. Of course they'd be up to something like this! Ronan pulled out a small dagger of his own, the grin now evident on his face. 

"Sorry to end this party early, but I prefer to return with two more subjects,not one," he gestured to Jackson. "So let's make this simple. You do what I say, and no one you care about is going to get physically hurt. Now put your hands in the air like a good boy."

I did so, the hate in my eyes showing. He had full control over me, and I hated it. "Let him be. I'll come willing enough."

"I know you will," Ronan tossed the dagger to Ryan. "You shouldn't have to use it, but just in case. I'm going to grab the rope."

He disappeared into the house, and I turned to Ryan, my hands still in the air. "How can you do that? He's your brother!"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I frowned. "Half-brother," I corrected. "And I just like to mess with him. Even as a kid he was weak, that's not my fault. If anything this should toughen him up." I huffed, sitting down next to Jackson's rag-doll of a body. "Besides, I get somethings out of this deal. Food, if you know what I mean." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Toughen him up or kill him!" I spat. Ronan came out and pulled my hands down behind my back, tying them too tight around my wrists. I winced, but refused to utter a cry. 

"Here, if he wakes up, you want him tied," Ronan threw another bundle of rope in Ryan's direction. As he came out from behind me, he pulled the birth certificates out of my pocket. "What are these? The birth certificates! I've been trying to get permission to find these for years, but you've just stolen them for me! Good job, Connor, you just may have solved yet another mystery!"

Stuffing them in his pocket, he dragged me closer to the house. "We'll take their car and ours. It will be less suspiciou, and the institute has what we need, so we'll head that direction. I'll take him in theirs."

I was pushed through the house and towards our rental car without much resistance. If I had to do what he said to keep my family safe, I would. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I picked Jackson up an awkwardly opened the passenger side of the hearse.  I tied the rope around his wrists and buckled him up. I went around the the drivers side, and got ready to follow Ronan. Why is there no audio jack? I sighed and put my phone on speaker, put it in a cup holder, and played some music. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Ronan:

I started the car and began the drive to the institute. Connor looked down at the floorboard, obviously fuming but doing well under pressure. 

"Okay,Connor, do exactly what I say when we get there," I commanded. "The other two need to heal, so I'm going to test you first. Anything you want to say before we get there?"

"I hate you."

"I know," I smiled, pushing harder on the gas pedal. It was finally happening!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I hummed along with the song, speeding up when Ronan seemed to speed up. Every once in awhile I looked over to see how Jackson was doing... He was out cold, and kinda looked like a bruised noodle. Yeesh, he needs to work out. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

I ignored Ronan the rest of the way, and eventually he closed his mouth. We pulled into an official looking building...the institute. He pulled into a reserved parking space next to an empty space and jumped out of the car. I wiggled my way out and followed him to the entrance, where he entered two codes. With the first one,a visitor pass ejected from a slot, then a beep signaled we were free to enter. Ronan crossed his arms and leaned against the gate, waiting for Ryan. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I parked as close to the car Ronan drove as possible and carried Jackson to where Ronan was leaning against the gate like a salty teen, which he was compared to how old I am. I huffed. "Alright... What's the plan?" 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Ronan:

"Your badge, good sir," I handed it to him, practically giddy. "I've already got us in, so all you have to do is follow me to my own personal lab, where I've got the human sized tubes. Follow me."

I pushed Connor ahead of me, leading all of us through the maze of a building until we came to hall D, lab 18. I entered in my access code, then held the door open for Ryan. Inside, besides the testing equipment, had five large tubes that went from the ceiling to the floor. I opened the middle one for Ryan to put Jackson in, then untied Connor's ropes before shoving him in the one to the right of Jackaons. 

"I say it's a job well done. We'll have one more in the morning," I nodded. "That pass should let you through anywhere. I've got another freezer full of blood behind that counter over there. Feel free to grab some."

please lease let this through. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

"Ooohh, don't mind if I do! Thank you!" I said, stalking over to the freezer Ronan said. While digging through the freezer like it was my own freezer, I thought of a question. Why aren't I treated like them just because I'm on his side? Isn't that kind of suspicious? I shrugged the thought off; who was I to question someone that acted like me?

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Now listen closely, because I'm only going to say this once," Ronan stood right outside the glass. "Testing will be strictly on you until complaint, in which the others are obviously better than you are. I don't want to put them to work until they're better, but I will. You testing will start in fifteen minutes. Br ready."

Ronan backed away, and I sank to the floor of the tube. All that work, all for nothing. I looked at Jackson. He had been through too much, too fast. I decided then that I wouldn't complain, even if it hurt me. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I pulled a bag of blood out of the freezer and sat down in front of Connor. "How's the weather in there?"

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Stuffy," I replied glumly. "With a touch of impending doom to add to the feeling. Nothing like you have out there, but I've been in worse."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

"I don't doubt it... It's drafty out here, though." I huffed. "How'd you and Jack meet?" 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Connor:

"Well, I e got nothing better to do," I muttered. "Let's see... We first met about sixteen years ago, when Cain and I had first moved in to our last house. Brand new house, brand new people, brand new life, or so I believed. Cain was getting herself into trouble again, but at least it was with animals and not humans. At the time, she was fighting with a puma, just to test her strength. By the time I found out and got there, Cain was scratched up good, the puma was gone, and Jackson was passed out next to her. He had helped her when she got in a jam with the thing, but from what I could tell, he was on his last hinges. Of course, I didn't know he was one of us, although I'm pretty sure Cain did. We brought him to the house and I worked on him, and there was nothing too serious, in case you care to know. When he woke up, we inquired who he was, and I offered for him to stay around for awhile. He's been with us ever since."

If any of that backstory doesn't fit, let me know. 

Please let let this through!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

It's fine. ^^

Ryan:

"I see... That's interesting..." I stood up. "Well, good luck on the tests... I'm gonna find a place to crash." I turned to Ronan. "You know where everything is... Is there an okay-ish place I can take a catnap?"

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts

Ronan:

"Yeah, there's a break room down the hall and the last door on the left," I stood up. It was about time for the tests. "Just show them your pass and all should be well. Are you ready, Connor?" I opened th glass. "There's a space around this wall here that's still in the lab, so don't try anything funny."

"I won't," He stood up and followed me to the back, where there was a single chair and a few monitors behind the strongest glass around. I pointed to the chair and he sat. I buckled him in tightly, then moved behind the glas. "Is this going to hurt?"

"Not at first," I pushed a few buttons, making the machine attach wires to Connor's head. "We are going to see how electricity effects your ability. After the first wave, tell me if you can read my mind." He nodded. "Send in 10 watts!"

A buzz and a wince. Loud and clear. I called out for twenty. That's when the cries started. 

Please let this through!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven51and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Ryan:

I listened to the screaming start... It sounded like an insane asylum. It looked like an insane asylum. I winced. "Erm, before I leave... Try not to break him? Broken toys aren't fun, and our anatomy and bodies are just as squishy as yours." I said, poking him in the face. "Bye, now! If you need me, I'll be in the break room." I turned to leave, flashing Connor a glance before heading out. That looks painful. 

I hummed as I walked down the hall, repeating the instructions Ronan gave me. I fiddled with the pass as I got there, putting it up to the slot that kinda looked like the one at the main entrance and walking through. There were a few people there. I hugged my pass and frozen blood as I flopped down onto the couch, feeling like quite a sight to be seen. I did my best to act like I was just taking a catnap at my house and not speaking to anyone. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven51and1,000+Posts