Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I-" I was being guilt-tripped hard for knocking her out. I felt so bad. Yeah, I was hungry, and toxic or not it was blood, but... Stop. Too late now. Just go through with it, and viola. Safe human. Safe vampires. Everyone's happy. I wanted to cry. "No, it'll be fine, I'll..." I choked on my words. "I'll take care of her." I said, picking Scarlett up and going out back. I just leaned on the wall with my right arm and cried for maybe a few minutes before realizing I was still holding Scarlett. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

✰Stargazer✰

Ruler of winged wolves and lions

They/Them

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

"Cain."

"Yes,Connor?" Cain turned, but I had already tackled her before she could respond. I gave her a few punches before pinning her all the way down. She just stared at me in surprise.

"Cain, I don't want to hurt you anymore than I have to. You are going to go up into your room and sit on your bed. I am going to bar your window and lock your door. You are now under quarantine, and if you try to get out, or manage to get out, I will only use force. No more mr. Nice Connor," I looked her dead in the eyes. "Understand?"

"Understood," Cain may be an angry, bad tempered, crazy vampire, but she wasn't a fool. I only had to keep her under control like this once, and she definitely had problems then. "Let me up."

I did, and she went up to her room in silence. I followed, and she sat on the bed as I did my work. Right before I left the room, she smirked at me.

"You haven't had to do this with Jackson before. He can teleport," she said. "I wonder how you'll handle him."

"That's none of your concern," I locked the door as I left before going to look for Jackson. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

"Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming." -Tom Hiddleston

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I set the unconscious Scarlett down in one of the lawn chairs we have. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I said quietly. I was shaking and I felt like a wreck. I did that. Connor said not to... I don't know how to feel now... 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor: 

I went out back and found Jackson, who was shaking. Some pity flew through me;I hated seeing my family in such a state. I tapped him in the shoulder.

"Jackson, I knew you needed blood, but to drain like that..." I spoke calmly, looking at Scarlett in the lawn chair. "I've got Cain in quarantine. She has become a danger to humans and us alike. You might be in that situation too, in a while, but it will be more civilized than the way I had to treat her. You would comply, right?"

I moved over to Scarlett and was surprised to find her warm. I looked at Jackson, then back at her before giving a sigh of relief. 

"I actually thought you killed her, too. Fully convinced, in fact," I checked her pulse. A little slow, but not too bad. "She should wake up here soon, once her body recreates what you drank. Still, I need you to go to your room for a bit. It won't be for long, I assure you."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

Not sure if the last one is going to go through, so I'll type it again.

Connor:

I found Jackson out back, shaking like a leaf. Pity swept through me;I hated to see my family in such a state. I tapped on his shoulder.

"Hey, Jackson. I knew you need blood, but to drain like that..." I spoke calmly, keeping my eyes on Scarlett. "I've got Cain in quarantine. She has become a danger to humans and us alike. You might be in that situation too, but it will be in a more civilized way."

i went to Scarlett, but I was surprised to find her warm. I looked at Jackson, then back to Scarlett before giving out a sigh of relief.

"I actually thought you killed her. Fully convinced, in fact," I checked her pulse. A little slow, but not too bad. "She should wake up here in a minute. Still, you need to be in your room for a bit. It won't be long, I assure you."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I don't like seeing defenseless people get hurt, so I needed to do it to save her..." I took a deep breath. "Yeah, no problem... I'll just..." I stood up shakily. "Can I go to the roof at least?" 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Er... You know what? Forget I asked, I sense stress... I'll be in my room if ya need me." I smiled weakly.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

"go ahead and go to the roof if you want," I smiled back at him before he left. The next ten minutes consisted of me moving Scarlett to a more comfortable spot and waiting for her to awaken, scanning through the thoughts once in a while to make sure there had been no escapees, namely Cain. When she did come to, I waved. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm not dead...?" She took a minute or two to process, then I sensed her fear. "You guys wanted to kill me! I gotta get outta here!"

"No, Cain just wasn't thinking striaght, and Jackson was actually trying to save you. I consider it a success, since you aren't dead and Cain believes you are," I poured her some water and set it on a table when she winced as I came. "Poor guy's very upset, you know. You should talk to him."

"So he could finish me off?! No way!" She got up and tested the door knob. It was unlocked, but she didn't go anywhere. "Why is everywhere a homing beacon for death? I just want to be safe for five minutes, and that certainly isn't here anymore."

"Cain is on quarantine-"

"I bet she can hear us."

"Scarlett, I know you are scared, and you think we want to kill you, but I am trying to help, so please cooperate," my nerves were not ready for calming others down yet. "Please sit down. You aren't fit to be standing up for long."

"No!" She threw open the door, but I locked onto her wrist with an iron grip. i had too much to worry about than a little scared human. My family was at stake, and as of this second, Scarlett was in the way. She looked at me in fear, than sat down. 

"I have to get Cain something to eat, and I have to see if Jackson wants anything. Don't move." I left the room, only to find yet another problem.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I went to my room, opened the window, and climbed out onto the roof. My favorite spot on the roof is the highest point, on the slant. But, since I can't lay on my back, I laid on my stomach to look at town and the stars... I loved the stars so much. And in a time like this, it calmed me down... The wind cooled me down and dried my tears and the near timeless scene I can see and love when I'm alone is wonderful... 

I sighed. Cain and Connor found me here so many times... I come here so often, I sometimes start bringing food. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor: 

"gotcha!" I grabbed onto the cat, gently pushing it outside and into the forest. "How'd you even get in here?"

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a slice of cold pizza for Cain and some popcorn for Jackson. Going into Cains room, she was still sitting on her bed. I ignored her and set the pizza on the bed, leaving her irritated. I climbed my way to the roof, sitting next Jackson.

"I don't have much time, but do you need anything? I brought you some popcorn," I set down the bowl next to him. "Scarlett's up, if you want to see her. She's a little scared at the moment, though. I had to tell her to stay, and hopefully she will. If you want to stay in quarantine, that's okay too."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Can I try to talk to her...? Leaving such a bad last impression tends to leave mental scars." I laughed nervously, sitting up carefully and eating the popcorn. "Thanks for the popcorn, I didn't know if we had any or not... I'll go talk to her now, before I fall asleep..." I stood up and went to the kitchen, put hot sauce on my popcorn (what? It's actually really good if you like spice!), and went out back to where Scarlett was. There was an instant flurry of emotions coming from her. 

"Hear me out... Please?" I asked, sitting down in a backwards lawn chair. No use for the backrest if my back can't rest, am I right?

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

I stood as far away as I could from him, but I refused to run. After all, if I did, he might finish me off before I had time to come up with a plan to escape. He was still hurt, and as much as I still felt bad that he was weak, I could use it to my advantage if I needed to.

"Fine," I crossed my arms and swallowing my fear. "But only because you'll kill me otherwise. And here I thought I had actually gotten a friend that I could trust!"

(finally! Someone that eats popcorn like me! Have you tried it with Greek seasoning? It's good)

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

Up

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

I think I've tried it once or twice... Most people think I'm crazy for eating popcorn like that! I'll try it again.

Jackson:

"Trust goes both ways. How am I to trust you if you can't trust me... Cain was serious about that. Be happy I wasn't. In a state like mine, I could've used the blood..." I took a deep breath. "I'm weak and tired. I could've easily just passed out when I got home, but I decided to help you. I could've left you there... With... With that MONSTER." I couldn't help but lose my composure at the end. 

"I didn't want to kill you. I still don't want to. But I guess nothing can change a human's opinion on someone just because of their species..." I continued, looking up at the stars. "Just... Just, stop acting on emotions and think! Yes, vampires think too much, but it's my THINKING that kept you ALIVE! Think logically! You want to be a scientist, think logically like one!" 

Please let this through!!!!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I am... I saved your skin, Cain was serious and I got in trouble with Connor 'cause of how well my plan worked. I really do care about you! I could've just went to sleep after Connor, Cain, and I got home, but if it weren't for me, you would've still been tracked and with that MONSTER!" I lost my composure for a second. "Stop acting on emotions and think for once, please!" I pleaded. "If I wanted to kill you, I would've done it at your house this morning when you decided to temporarily trap my sister!" I sighed, going quiet for a second. 

"Cain was serious. You're lucky you're alive. I'm lucky I'm alive. Cain's lucky she's alive, and Connor's lucky he's alive... Travelling that much can wear out even us... Trust goes both ways... If you don't trust me, how am I to trust you?" 

(I think I've had it once or twice! People usually think I'm weird when I do that! I'll try Greek seasoning.)

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Now it comes in... Ignore the first one, I guess.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. I was acting like a fool! He had done so much for me, and he was weak and scratched and hurt, while I was just missing a little blood. I tried to hold in my emotions, tried to say my thoughts logically like Jackson had said, but I just couldn't.

"A humans opinion?! What does that say about you?! Honestly, can you blame me?" With my initial part out, I took a deep breath and didn't bother to wipe away any angry tears. "Yes you kept me alive and well! Yes I'm just a dumb human that doesn't think ahead! Yes I should be much more worried about you because you risked everything for your family and even me. Yes you saved me from Ronan when he really was going to kill me when you could've left me, and it's time like these when I wish you did leave me! What use am I now to anyone? No, enough about selfish me." 

I realized just how selfish I was. Even now, he was trying to deal with me.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you and your family," I moved into my manners,an escape point. "I'll leave you all alone, and with luck, you won't have to deal with any humans again."

please let let this through 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

I'm I hate it when that happens! Well, mine is coming through.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

So is the one I just sent in... Ah geez...

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Dealing with humans is inevitable." I started. "Look... You need rest, I need rest, Connor and Cain need rest, and your house isn't safe with that bad-boy-wannabe in your house... It's a large enough house, I can ask Connor if you can use a guest room and you can't sleep outside, the mosquitoes out here are more ruthless than we are." I said, trying to add humor to keep both myself and Scarlett somewhat calm. I walked into the house, holding the door for Scarlett. Whether I was angry at her or not, she was a guest. 

"Connor!" I called. "I have a question." I added, nibbling on my popcorn, then offering some to Scarlett. "It's hot sauce, not blood, by the way."

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

"Thank you," I heard Scarlett's say as she walked into the room, taking some popcorn. Jackson came in too, asking if she could use a guest room.

"Of course," I bowed in a host style. "Scarlett, may I show you to your room?" 

She nodded, and I led her to the biggest guest room in the house. Sure, it was next to Cains room, but I would keep an eye on it. "Obviously,you may stay as long as you need. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen, and since Cain won't be out and wild, anything else in the house as well. If you need one of us, I am in my room, but please knock."

"Okay," she looked at the bed and smiled to herself. I closed the door and went down to the next door, checking on Cain. 

"Are you still alive in here?" I joked.

"When do I get out of here?"

"Not for awhile," I sighed. "You did try to kill an innocent human."

"So she definitely isn't dead then? I thought I heard her voice," Cain chuckled. "Jackson lied."

"You leave him alone! He's weaker than you are, and you shouldn't get him more stressed than he already is." I scowled before shutting the door and double checking it was locked. 

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I yawned, and couldn't help but overhear some of what Cain said. I felt a bit hurt, but tried to shake it off. "Technically, she could've if I took anymore. And I never said I'd kill her, just drain her, and I never said how much." I said before walking to my room to get to the roof, careful not to spill my popcorn. 

Before I went to the roof, I grabbed my water bottle, too.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain: 

I heard footsteps on the roof and knew that Jackson was up there. Actually, that was a good thing. If he fell asleep up there, then when I escaped this room in the morning there would be less resistance. Tying my hair back in a ponytail, I moved over to my desk and pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil. Drawing out a basic lay out if the house and where everyone would be in the morning, and drew lines of where I could get out. Smiling to myself, I hid the paper and crashed into my bed, falling into a blissful sleep.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I ate my popcorn pretty quickly and looked at the stars. From up here, I could see Walmart and stuff. It was so quiet I nearly fell asleep. But, the mosquitoes were a pain in the rear so I went into my room. I put on music. I kept it just loud enough to hear, but hopefully not enough to disrupt anyone. I decided to not use earbuds for a few reasons... Besides, it was just my Clock's and Clouds, Simply Three, and Cello Fury playlist. I changed into a tank top and sweatpants and belly flopped onto bed with a sigh. I rolled into my covers and buried my face in my pillow. After a minute or two of contemplating, I slowly fell asleep.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

I thought long and hard all night, barely getting a wink of sleep. What led up to this? How could I have been so selfish this whole time? Why were these vampires still being so nice to me? I didn't deserve it. Finally, as three o'clock passed, I fell asleep.

Morning came, and I woke up to Cain in my face. I opened my mouth to scream, but she covered my mouth and held a finger up to her lips.

"Shh, don't scream. If you scream, then Connor is going to find me, and neither of us want that," she slowly removed her hand from my mouth. "I'm not gonna hurt you because apparently Jackson enjoys you company, and I don't want to upset him. I thought I would just make a quick pit stop and scare you before really scaring Connor by showing up in the living room and escaping out the front. I am hungry though...."

"Oh, no no no no no," I sat up. "I am not ready to give up more blood."

"I know, and I won't take any from you," She laughed, and I swore she had gone nuts. "You know, when Jackson wakes up, I'll scare him too. My family thinks I'm nuts, you know, so it will be funny." 

Waving to me, she left the room. I stared at the door, expecting a surprise attack, but it never came. How strange.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

When morning came, I woke up very slowly. I was in the state of sleep where I was aware of everything, but still couldn't control my body. So I kept my eyes closed and let myself drown in my thoughts, breathing slowly.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

I sat in Jacksons room. He looked like he was asleep, but I knew better. 

"Morning Jackson! Did you sleep well?" I asked, grinning. "I know you need to get better, and rest is certainly one way to do it. Connor is going to be so scared when he finds out I managed to get out of my room, don't you think? Oh, but I'm going to have to run fast. Which direction do you think would be best?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I jumped, squirming until I was sitting up, staring at none other than Cain, who was sitting at the foot of my bed. "I don't want to get in trouble with Connor, Cain... He was nice enough not to bust out a few straightjackets or anything like that." I said. "At least eat breakfast? Where do you plan on going?!" I added, getting up slowly to turn off the music. "Ow... Hurts worse than yesterday..." I muttered. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

"Of course I'm going to eat breakfast. Can't leave on an empty stomach, right?" Just then, my stomach growled. "I plan on getting out of here, heading north and finding a place where we don't have to run, don't have to follow Connors rules, and don't have to hide what we are. Why don't you come with me, Jackson? We can easily get some pain meds for that back of yours, and we don't have to sit in quarantine for being who we are. What do you say?"

I hopped off the bed. "Connor could stay here with Scarlett,so he won't be lonely. It's a great plan and you know it."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

My heart broke into a million pieces when Cain said that... Never, in a million years would I think of leaving Connor behind... "Cain... Yeah, maybe in the future, all together and when my stitches heal up, but nobody here is fit for travel..." I said quietly. "It's a fun plan, yeah, but the timing is horrible... And it'd be easier if we had a car and stuff... I don't want to leave Connor here..." I said, walking with Cain to the kitchen. "What do you want, omelet, or waffles?"

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

I grimaced. "Suit yourself, but as soon as I get the chance, I'm outta here. I can make my own omelet." I pulled out the eggs. "And I'm making yours too. Sit down before you hurt yourself more."

Connor came in, rubbing his eyes. "Good morning, Jackson. Good morning Cain-" he woke up instantly. "Cain! What are you doing out of your room? What did you do to Scarlett?!"

"Oh nothing you big baby! For some reason, someone here is fond of her, so I won't touch her until he stops," I turned to Jackson. "Do you want ham in it?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Yes... I think there's a few mushrooms in the back of the fridge, too..." I said. "But it's... nothing like that. Besides, now there are possibly dozens of humans that know about us. Keeping one with us can only help, right? Keep an eye on her so she won't tell. And I can't just leave someone defenseless and powerless... Here, we're in our element, and we've always had the advantage. I feel like it'd make us look like monsters if we took advantage of that at a time like this... I'm already getting guilt-tripped by both sides of how my plan worked so perfectly..." I said, sitting down at the table and leaning forward. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

" Alright, ham and mushrooms it is," I pulled out the rest of the ingredients. "If anything, I'm proud of you. If you managed to lie to me that well, I salute you. Not to mention you're right, we could always use the extra blood for emergencies."

"Cain, focus on what you're doing please, you're going to make a mess!" Connor caught the mushrooms from falling off the counter. "Oh, how are you feeling? I can go find something to numb the pain, if you like. We have to have something around here."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"What, me? I'll be fine... Numbing the pain could make me forget to be careful 'cause of the stiches. Besides, they're gonna be taken out in nine more days." I sighed. "Where's Scarlett? We're a pretty noisy crowd, it's not like she could sleep through all of this." I laughed awkwardly, messing with a pen that was left on the table. I started doodling on the palm of my hand. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

"I scared her out of her wits earlier this morning," I heard Cain through the wall. "She's probably still in her room crying or something."

"I don't believe I am," I walked in, getting out the last knot in my hair with a hairbrush. "On the contrary, I was getting ready by looking at least halfway decent. See?" I finished with my hair. "Now I look less frazzled."

"I can't say you're the one who should be giving me fashion advice," Cain sneered a little, but kept her composure. "Here, Jackson, yours is done." She passed him a plate. 

I sat down silently and thought, keeping my eyes on the counter and my mouth shut.

"Scarlett?Scarlett!" Cain called, but I ignored her. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh! Yes please."

"I think our human is broken," she whispered to Jackson not so quietly.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 8 , ... 56 , 57 , 58