Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

"Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming." -Tom Hiddleston

#Haven58and2000+posts

Thumbnail avatar f5d47a6f51

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"She's probably just thinking about yesterday..." I said in reply to Cain. "Thanks, by the way." I said, getting the hot sauce for my omelete. I just really like spice, don't judge me. "Want anything, Scarlett?" I said, putting hot sauce on my food, sitting down, and starting to eat. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

✰Stargazer✰

Ruler of winged wolves and lions

They/Them

I'm the derp in the corner. 

Gang at: /313890 on the SAMB

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

"To teach, you must first learn."

"I am like the tomato; I have one layer!!" 

Scarlett:

"Actually, I think I can make something on my own, but thank you," I stood up and went to the fridge. "Has anybody else had a strange dream lately? You don't have to tell me what it was, because I'm not telling you what mine is. I just want to know if it's just a me thing or not." 

I began making pancakes, somewhat listening to those around me.Somewhere deep in my mind, the call of those two boys kept coming to me. They knew where the money was, why would they call me to threaten like that? How did they know what happened? I shuddered a little, feeling paranoid.

maybe it would be wise to share such worries. We do prefer to know what worries you when it concerns us, or even when it doesn't. Connors voice rang through my head. I sighed.

"Could you not invade my head, please? It's kind of irritating," I flipped the pancake. "Besides, no point ruining breakfast with paranoia."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Yes, actually." I said. "But more troubling than strange, though." I said, poking at a mushroom. "What's making you paranoid so much as to Connor making a mind-conversation? Just curious." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

"oh, it's nothing big," I put the pancakes on a plate and set them on the table. "It's just when my former employees called, they wanted their money, and they threatened about things to do it. They know where the money is, so I'm surprised they didn't just take it. On top of that, they knew about my original problems with Cain. They must've hacked into my phone or something, and I broke it, so it should be good, right?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Hm... If you have any social media, you should probably delete them. Probably check your clothes, too... Or just burn them, I'm sure we can get you new clothes. As a just-in-case purpose. You can't go back to your house. And if you do, expect trouble. You can use my computer to delete the accounts, if you'd like." I offered, furrowing my brow as I talked and ate the omelete. "And get rid of the broken phone, too." 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

" That's probably a good idea, but Cain..." Scarlett looked at me, flushed. "Would you mind if I borrowed your clothes while I burned mine?"

"Oh, that is never- never going to be a problem!" I grinned, finding an even better plan than before. "You know what? I'll even get you some new clothes while you're fixing yourself up."

"Really?" Scarlett eyed me funny in a sideways glance, but Connor didn't even bother to hide his suspicion. "I thought you didn't like me."

"I don't, but I want to apologize for going a little nuts," I lied easily. "Why don't you go up to my room and change, and I'll go get your clothes."

"Ookay," Scarlett finished the last of her pancakes and went upstairs. I finished up my breakfast and stood up.

"If you'll excuse me," I walked out of the room, but before I fully left the house, I took my phone out to leave Jackson a quick text.

This is my chance, Jackson! I'm getting out of here once and for all, so don't expect me back. Hopefully someday I'll see you up north. I sent it and left smiling. Finally free

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I got a mental text from Cain. As soon as I observed it, I felt crushed. She was serious... What should I do... I'm in no state to stop her, Scarlett would die if she tried and Connor... Connor. He was in the best state, physically, and possibly mentally. But telling him would probably crush him and make me untrustworthy to Cain, and not telling him would make him angry at me... I didn't know what to do. Again. I hated feeling like this. I hated it. Hate it, hate it, hate it! I got up, washed my dish, and speed-walked up to my room and to the roof, my favorite spot. 

"Cain, don't do this... Please don't do this... Why are you... Running away?" I mentally texted, sitting down. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain: 

When I got Jacksons reply, I climbed into a tree to avoid trouble. When I read it, a small sneer came to my lips. You make me sound like a convict, which I might as well be. No way I'm going to be an enemy in my own home, and no way am I going to follow Connors dumb rules anymore. A life of no worries is my goal, and nobody is going to stop me.

I sent it and huffed, leaning against the tree stump. In three minutes, I would be on the move again and I wouldn't stop until I was far from home and problems.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"But you're not an enemy... I thought you liked it here..." I sighed, trying to focus on something else. I put my head on my knees. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

i thought i did too. No offense, I like you, but my freedom is more worthwhile. Don't worry about it too much; I'm sure we'll see each other again soon.

i climbed out of the tree and hit the path in a run. Even though I was laughing with my freedom, a part of me was absorbed in guilt. Jackson had to be so hurt, but he would understand someday.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I tried getting through, but the connection was getting weaker by the second, so all I could send before it was disconnected was"Please...". I didn't bother looking to see where or how she left... She just... Left. And all I did was sit here uselessly. Not telling anyone she left. Not doing anything about her departure... Just sitting here. "Like the useless person I am." I whispered. I sighed, laying on my stomach, my back facing the sun so I wouldn't get the sun in my eyes. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

I didn't trust Cain for a minute. I tried, but it was near impossible, and I wasn't in the mood to think on it too much. I went up to Cains room and knocked on the door. Scarlett came out a minute later wearing one of Cains outfits.

"Sorry to disturb you, but Cain isn't around here, is she?" I asked.

"no, but maybe Jackson knows where she is," Scarlett grabbed a pile of clothes. "These are mine. I'll be out back burning, and I could use some help if you guys are bored." She pulled out a broken phone. "Okay, so only one of these is mine, and it has the phone in it, but Cain needs some serious fashion help."

"maybe," I turned around. "I'm going to look for Jackson."

"okay," Scarlett went downstairs and outside, while I headed to the roof.

"

Cain:

"Maybe I should go back," I muttered, leaning against a tree branch. So much for not stopping.

"Go back where?" A boy appeared down the path, smiling. "You don't seem lost."

"oh, I'm not. I just left home, and I'm worried I might've messed something up," I stood up. "What are you doing here?"

"helping you," he held out his hand. "I think I know a place where you can stay until you make up your mind."

"Great!" I took his hand. "I'm Cain. Who are you?"

"I'm Ronan," the boy grinned. "A pleasure to meet you."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

After a minute or two, I sensed what could only be Connor. I looked up to see him. I stood up and hugged him. "She left, she texted me and stuff, I'm so sorry, I tried stopping her, but she went on the north path, I could sense it by tracking her phone, she shouldn't have left, I'm sorry I didn't try harder, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." I said quickly, letting go of him once I was done. "We might be able to track her... I can help." I said, getting off the roof and going meeting up with Scarlett, who was surprisingly outside.

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

"She left? Why would she leave?" I followed him down and outside. I almost let the hurt show, but as the oldest I had a job, and my feelings weren't going to get in the way. "It's not your fault she's selfish and stubborn, but you don't have to help get her if you don't have the strength."

"Hey guys! Come to help me burn?" Scarlett smiled, a match in her hand. "I prefer the old fashion way."

"Cains gone," no point in denying it. "She ran off after 'getting your clothes'. We need to track her, so I'm afraid no time for burning."

"did she go north or south?!" Scarlett was suddenly very tense. It shocked me.

"Jackson said north.."

Scarlett turned to Jackson. "You need to call her and make sure she's okay right now! The institute is up north, and if she gets far enough, she might get caught!"

"I'll call her," I dialed the number, but Scarlett took the phone and handed it to Jackson.

"If she told Jackson where she was going, she will probably talk to him rather than you," Scarlett whispered.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I took a deep breath and took the phone. It rang once or twice and someone picked up. "Cain?! Cain, please tell me you're safe. You're safe, right?! It- it's Jackson." I asked, walking with Scarlett and Connor down the trail. Walking down the trail, I realized I should've brought my knife. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Just sent it through

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

Scarlett:

I stood close to the phone so I could hear who was talking on the other line. It chilled me to the bone.

"Hello. You are the one that kicked me, right?" It was Ronan. "I ran into your friend on the trail a little bit ahead. She is-well, was- very upset about the situation. She isn't dead, because we need the research, but I am willing to make a proposition. A few of my associates should be close to where you are. They will take you to the institute, and bring Scarlett with you if she isn't yet." Just as he said this, the two guys I paid came out. "She'll recognize them. When you get here, I will give her to you. Easy as pie. The other half of the deal will be discussed when you arrive. By the way, give Scar my best wishes."

"That pig!" I growled. "And those two over there! They've seen us, so now we have to go meet them, right? You two can handle them if they attack, or at least Connor can."

"Of course," Connor casually picked up a few rocks.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" I took a deep breath. "Yes. Of course. Make an HONEST trade-off, if you'd be so kindly, when we get there, please. Wouldn't want to have to kick you again. I'm a little sore today, so please behave like you have manners?" I said before hanging up. "You guys can take on these two, yeah? I'll jog up ahead to catch up with that little worm and Cain." I said, not waiting for an answer. I ran as fast as my crippled butt could carry me. After I caught up to Ronan and Cain, I could hardly hold in my anger, and I was angry for many, MANY reasons... I didn't even get to change into something that looks a bit better on me yet, RONAN WAS ON THE TRAIL TO OUR HOUSE, I was tired, everything hurt, was annoyed with these dang snoopy scientists, and above all things, every last one of them think we're lab rats, don't have manners, are very ignorant, rude, and that "you shouldn't bond with us." Yes, we're the ones in the wrong here. Certainly. 

"Let her go. Now." I said through my teeth. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Cain:

That guy had given me something, and I knew it the second I saw Jackson.

"Has your hair always been blonde?" I yawned. "I thought it was black, but I could be wrong..."

"I will let her go, and without hassle," Ronan let go of my arm. "I suggest you keep a small eye on her. You see, I had to give her some sedatives through food, but of course she'll be fine in about two hours at most. By the way, I do have manners. The problem is no one is willing to cooperate long enough for me to use them. There is only two things I want, and you only have to give me one of them for now. If you don't want to give me the other, we can always talk later." He gave me a nudge in Jacksons direction. "I've already gotten some of her blood, but my requirement for now is some of yours and some of your other friends. Of course, we should wait until they get here."

"No need," Connor carried both of the guys from Scarlett's old group on his shoulders, both knocked out. Scarlett hid behind him, slightly. "Sorry, but they were being rather rude. Now, why did you kidnap our family?"

"She came on her own will, and I already gave her back," Ronan said. "I just want some of yours and-Jackson, was it?- Jacksons blood for starters."

"For starters," Scarlett muttered. "I've inly heard that a thousand times."

"Hey,Scar! Are they treating you well?" Ronan addressed her, and she jumped slightly. "Just kidding. I know they aren't. Those fellas told me all about how that one told you to buzz off, and even your little fighting buddy drained you! That leads me to my request, but Scarlett is the only one that can truly decide. Don't you think it would be best if you came back with me? We can give you all the credit, and our-your dream can come true. These creatures aren't your friends, they only care to keep their secrets hidden."

"You killed my brothers, broke into my house and tried to kill me until one of them showed up!" Scarlett snapped. "If they aren't my friends, what does that make you?!"

"Someone that wants to change humanity for the better," Ronan took a step towards her, and even I got a little tense. "You know I do whatever I have to,Scar,and now I can take the blood they give me and use it to compose elements that will unite the two species. You could make history."

"I don't know..." Scarlett paused for a moment. "No! You will not trick me again!"

"Fine," Ronan was stone cold in an instant. "In that case, we may meet again soon. Blood please, for DNA sampling."

mods mods please let this through!

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"No. Told you, I don't want to do this.... And you humans call US names like monsters?!" I took a step or two towards Ronan. "I think we can all agree everyone here has been very on-edge and tired, yes? How would you like a deal? It'd make both our lives and yours SO much easier." I was trying so hard not to punch him. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

"I am very well rested, actually," Ronan sighed. "The deal was a simple blood sample in return for your little friend. Of course, if you have one to offer, I wouldn't mind listening. "

If if he doesn't, I thought, I do.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Stay away from me. Stay away from my friends. Stay away from my family. Every other day, starting today, you and I meet at Wal-mart, you have me to experiment on for one hour only. One experiment, one blood sample, hair, or DNA sample, and as many questions as you'd like." I said angrily. Anything to keep these sorry excuses away from the people I care about. "And no sending me home drugged, drugging me while I'm with you, taking me out of town, sending other people to catch my friends and family, or knocking me out... And honest, HUMANE deal... And you take no more than half an ounce of blood from me. I can't give much right now, so don't try unless you enjoy getting kicked. In return, I get to question you as much as I like and you'll be my blood-bank... I'll take back what you take from me in B- blood." I added, just to make things a bit fair on both ends. I get blood for my family and myself, Mr. BadBoy here gets gradual research done at a steady pace. I found it fair in my judgement. 

Please let this through!

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Connor:

"You're noble, and the deal sounds fair," Ronan thought for a moment. "Half an ounce of blood is small, but every other day should make it sufficient, and as much as I hate to deal with creatures not of my kind, I'll accept. Shake on it?" He held out his hand, and they shook.

"hey, your hair is brown now," Cain muttered. "Stop changing it Jackson!"

"It's wearing off now," Ronan slid some money into the still unconscious guys. "I will be on my way. See you tomorrow."

"We better be getting home as well," I made eye contact. "Goodbye."

He left and we turned towards home. 

"B-" Scarlett muttered, but I didn't listen or care enough to ask why.

"Jackson, you didn't have to do that," I kept my eyes on the ground.

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"No, I didn't..." I admitted. "But I wanted to keep everyone here safe. And Cain, my hair is black." I laughed a little. "I think I'll enjoy seeing how this deal plays out... For now, who wants to watch some clothes go up in flames?"

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Scarlett:

"Great!" I pulled out my match. When we got home, we went instantly out back and I lit it. "Ready...aim...fire!"

I threw the match on the clothes, and the warmth of the flame were comforting. I watched with excitement, until Cain spoke up.

"Is that my shirt?!" She looked at the pile with wide eyes. "Scarlett, I swear-"

"We can discuss swearing later," Connor interfered. I snickered a bit, turning to the flame. 

"Would you mind if I came with you to town?" I asked Jackson. "Since you made that deal, I can go back home and grab my locket. It will only take a minute, then I can come back here if I'm in the way. Otherwise, I think I'll be okay without it."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I'm not sure... If you'd like, I could get it for you..." I offered awkwardly. I'm basically meeting this dude for lunch. I thought to myself comically. I sighed quietly, staring at the fire until it died down. 

"Welp... I should probably meet up with what's-his-face... See you guys in an hour, I guess?" I said, walking off the go to Wal-Mart. Once I got there, I leaned against the wall outside. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Ronan:

i walked up to the Wal-mart, where Jackson leaned against the wall. Checking to see if my evidence bag was in my pocket, I willed myself to go over to him.

"Hello, Jackson. Should we begin?" I pulled out a bag of blood. "I pre-extracted it, so less trouble for you. Could I get some of your hair for today? I understand you are not in a well condition." I grabbed a clip board and pencil. " and I have some questions. Does garlic work? Stake through the heart? Do you have to have a specific blood type to survive, or do you just prefer blood types? Can you tell the difference between blood types? Why B-?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"I put garlic on my pasta, so no. Stakes, I'm not sure about, everyone I know dies of age or sickness, and I'm not gonna try. I just really like B-, I think it kinda has a sour-ish metallic taste that I like." I said, taking out a few strands of my hair. "Here's the hair... So... Where are we doing this?"

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Ronan:

" Well, you said I couldn't, and as the institute is slightly out of town, it's out of the question." I chuckled at my own joke. This thing is so trusting. As far as he knew, I could have all of his friends locked up by now. He's also extremely lucky. "We could always use Scars house, as it has all the instruments needed, and the hour can be filled quickly."

We made the trip over, and I broke into Scarlett's DNA testing device. "Lucky she isn't here," I muttered under my breath. Then I spoke louder. "So, do you all have different powers, or are they the same? If you have questions about me, you can ask. I don't mind talking about myself, or others if the need be."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

"Yes, we all have different powers." I said flatly in my "duh" voice. "And I do have a few questions... And since I'll never lie to even someone like you, don't lie with me..." I took a deep breath, walking to the fridge to try and find a water bottle. "Why were you heading in the direction of our house? Do you hate us? What's your honest opinion on what you do for a living? Do you believe it's wrong? Do you hate us? What made you go into the career you're doing now?" 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Ronan:

"I'm no lair," I said, looking into a microscope. "Well, I was bringing you your friend, and I was going to give you a different deal that would've only delayed my research. I was glad you called;it stopped me from doing something crazy. Hate you? No. Do I hate someone around you? A little bit, but I'm not going to get into that today. I'm saving the human race, and it's a noble way of living. Some parts of it may seem wrong, but the ends justify the means. When everything is good and done, it will be worth it. Still don't hate you, and I've wanted to do this job since I was little. You see, my father also worked to save the world, so I'm simply following in his footsteps. He discovered the aliens, you know. Unfortunately, they had to leave before we could introduce them to the world. Why do you want to know?" I slipped the hair into the evidence bag. "French, huh? I'm a little rusty, so tell me if I'm wrong. What do you guys do in that big house? Sit around and drink blood all day?"

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts

icewolf2513

Jackson:

I couldn't help but laugh at what he said. "Sit around and drink blood all day? No, we're just like you guys when it comes to hobbies... I read a lot, listen to music, go into town when we're out of food, and as for blood... It's not like we just go into town, kidnap someone, and drain 'em... In fact, we haven't had any in days. Why else would I include a blood-trade in the deal?" I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and sat on the couch, being very careful of the stitches. 

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

icewolf2513

Up

• Posted at:

✰Stargazer✰

They/Them

#Haven58and2,000+Posts

Ronan:

"Fair enough," I backed away from the machines. "That concludes our hour. Next time, I expect a blood sample. Here you go." I handed Jackson a cloth that held Scarlett's locket. "I thought she might want it back, but don't tell her I had it, and don't open the cloth either. Not sure if silver hurt vampires, but I don't want a good test subject to go to waste. One simple request."

• Posted at:

cαín

A Gunslinger

Female

Insanis Triplet

Mistress of strategies

Scriptor & Elysium

#Haven58and2000+posts