I know a lot of us still miss Shane, and when we did that quote-giving recently a lot of excellent Shane quotes came up. It got me thinking it was time for a conversation about our favorite Shane scenes.

Tell me: What are the very best Shane moments? The very worst Shane moments? And the just okay Shane moments….?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

Thumbnail avatar 647822f9a6

lynxlynx3024

best (till how far I read) saves Abeke from mean dog

okay:is that shane pushes (bad) Kovo against the evertree

worst:works together with the devouster (I forget how to spell it forgive me)

first

• Posted at:

Nebur

homethread /313731

Thumbnail avatar ec5c3bd0f4

rabbitpaw36

When he died was the best and the worst all at once. He was saving Abeke, but he DIED.

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Or Sakari

You're my constant in every moment

Constant

You've never failed me

All my life

You have never left my side

You are my constant

#SaveTheSouthernResidents

#StandWithSeaWorld

#Jenti

It never hurts to keep looking fosunshine.-Eeyore

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

I thought this was titled All About Shame. It’s a shame I read incorrectly. 

• Posted at:

call me happeh

she/her

she’s bi-eauty, she’s gray-ace

canadian-chinese

catholic

will make puns

we’re just human

Thumbnail avatar ec5c3bd0f4

rabbitpaw36

Second, cool!

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Or Sakari

You're my constant in every moment

Constant

You've never failed me

All my life

You have never left my side

You are my constant

#SaveTheSouthernResidents

#StandWithSeaWorld

#Jenti

It never hurts to keep looking fosunshine.-Eeyore

Thumbnail avatar 8cd620f173

icedragon791

...Shane's best moment? His worst? His just-ok moments? Since he's my favorite, of course I'm going to be biased and say that they're all great! Um, lemme think here...

For a worst moment, how about his fight with Lishay when he escaped to Nilo with the talismans? How Shane wins the fight is kind of messed up: he threatened to have his crocodile kill Achi, a Niloan boy who was helping him. This is probably the quickest and safest way of ending the fight, but poor Achi.

Now for a better moment, hmmm... what about how he meets Karmo, and instead of both of them getting caught for trying to escape from a Conqueror island, Shane allows himself to take the full blame. If you ask me, that's a pretty bold but selfless move. Quick thinking was involved too.

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

*✧ Fighting Evil by Moonlight - Winning Love by Daylight ✧*

(Your shy little gamer and book-nerd) - [Proud Catholic]

"I'll find some really deep quote to put here someday."

Sorry in advance for any long essays.

And I'm out!

Thumbnail avatar e3ac4197ca

cheesydragon1246

My favorite Shane moment was when they found out he is the reptile king 

I MISS SHANE   

Spirit  4 Life

• Posted at:

Character placeholder thumbnail

redring41

Best moment hhmm I really like how much he puts Rollan in his place during the burning tide. Just okay well I got a little annoyed with Shane when he refused to forgive Yumaris even though he wanted forgiveness himself but then he forgave her and complemented her repeatedly during the burning tide so basically Shane is all awesome. The worst moment in the whole entire series is when Shane dies. 

I would just like to thank you so much for making this post because I have been praying for it and I was so depressed when Shane died that I cried every night for five months (and I still cry a little bit today definitely around September 13th. It is just really nice to know that he is getting some love and respect for once. My little gift from God deserved better. 

• Posted at:

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Shanelovedhermore

I am tspig 

Thumbnail avatar 29d6ade36f

hunterwolf85

i always imagine shane with a suave aussie accent. probably not as colloquial as eg. paul hogan, but a more refined one, with a slight tint of british.

• Posted at:

(( Ł Ë Ø )

f o r u m p h a r a o h

violinist // whovian // ENFJ // slytherin // aries

"the blushing light, just another la devotee"

Utensil Police // Duck Cultist

"deep blue but you painted me golden"

#AllPeopleArePeople

Thumbnail avatar 7ddd723b59

arrogantdragon60

Hmm....Best, worst, and okay?...well, seeing as he's my favorite character...oh well, I'll try.

Worst: When Kovo casts him to the side. I felt so bad for him, but I also think

he shouldn't have wallowed in self-pity for as long as he did. It wasn't

his finest moment.

Okay: He made a big mistake with Achi. I think he should have handled that

differently. He lost a good friend that day, and it broke my heart. He

needed a friend.

Best: There are so many! I think his best moment is probably when he fights

the crocodile and drags it to shore. Then he just throws it in Maddox's

and says "Hold this for me, would you?" and runs off.

We need him back!!

• Posted at:

Worthy has my heart :)

I am a Redcloak

I love Jesus

Go Spirit Animals!!!

Shabeke shipper, majorly

icedragon791

...I don't know what to add next because I'd talk about every Shane-related moment if I could. XD

And yes, the part where he successfully defeats that crocodile is epic! (Here's to the true Reptile King!) I really need Jolt to show up later and tell his story to the Greencloaks!

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

And I'm out!

icedragon791

To be honest, I've always felt like Shane's a mixture of different parts of the Four Heroes. Conor's described as the calm, patient shepherd, but technically when you consider all that Shane can put up with, he's pretty patient too (ex: from being punched by Meilin, dealing with his own sister, putting up with Rollan's sass, etc). Speaking of Rollan, I can't help but think of him whenever Shane snaps back something smart to someone. Then like Meilin, Shane's a fighter at heart. Finally like Abeke, he tries to believe in the best of people (ex: Drina, Tahlia, and every Redcloak). Also like her, he has an older sister and a mother who died when he was young. 

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

And I'm out!

redring41

Icedragon I have often related Shane to Abeke (and worthy to Meilin). We just need two more redcloaks (preferably two girls to be Conor and Rollan) I actually have a fanfiction  in my head where there were  two redcloaks named Kamarji (Conor) and Flower (Rollan). I  think a gender-bent four fallen would be funny. I also reverse the ships to be a Shane/Flower (I think the redcloaks would tease them mercilessly about their ship name being Shower)

Also I find it interesting that Shane is a fighter at heart but he tries to avoid his uncles lessons. 

• Posted at:

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Shanelovedhermore

I am tspig 

Thumbnail avatar 7ddd723b59

arrogantdragon60

Icedragon791: I agree. The Greencloaks should hear Shane's story and Jolt should be the one to tell it. Shane at least deserves to be understood by the Fallen. He should be given that much.

• Posted at:

Worthy has my heart :)

I am a Redcloak

I love Jesus

Go Spirit Animals!!!

Shabeke shipper, majorly

Thumbnail avatar 6b52207e2b

lightninglight25

My fave moments were all the moments when he was with Abeke, because I was constantly hoping for more Shaneke.( I ship it so much), but I kind of liked it when he died, even though that was literally the end of my life. They never even got to say that they liked each other.Whyyyyy?(goes crazy).

• Posted at:

****Mirage ****  

Οφθαλμαπάτη

"PLZ NO" ~Aubrey

"The most beautiful rose shall have the deadliest thorn,for beauty is ferocious."~Anonymous

icedragon791

@Redring

I've actually daydreamed about Worthy, Jolt, Howl, and Talon forming their own group that sort of parallels the Four Heroes. Each one would come from a different nation with a spirit animal, personality, and role on the team that is altogether a mix of different heroes. Stead would act as the team's 5th member to represent Stetriol, act as leader, and overall add more power in a fight.

Worthy is honestly the hardest one for me to draw parallels to though, so I can't help being curious. How does he remind you of Meilin?

I also feel like the only good thing about Gar is the fact that he's more of a father to Shane than Shane's own father. Part of Gar's job was to teach Shane how to fight and instruct him to be king after all. Maybe I'm being biased here but I think that Shane would have been the strongest fighter in the series, and credit can technically go to Gar's training. However Gar's lessons on being king are... very questionable. He falls under the "rule with an iron fist" motif.    

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

And I'm out!

Thumbnail avatar 99c0536598

breezefearless29

worthy is like merlin in these ways:

from a high ranking family,

is arrogant (for merlin at the beginning anyway).

• Posted at:

redring41

Meilin- A once selfish brat who realized that having friends is more important than being right. Sound familiar (Meilin's and Worthy's character arc is practically the same)

A lot of people are mentioning that Shane threatened Achi but that is one of my favorite Shane moments because he could of easily killed Lishay (that was her right?) but decides to knock her out even though she made it very clear that she intended to kill him. I mean with Kovo's talisman he knew the plan was going to work so why not?  It is exactly what I would have done. 

Also, is it just me or does Shane seem to get a lot more guilty  from the time of the book of Shane to The Burning Tide. Did he realize or see how much damage he thinks that he had/has caused? Did some of the redcloaks tease him about it(looking at you Talon not that I am pointing fingers)? Did he meet from people who hated the devourer and made him think of himself in a different way (I always wondered if somebody found he was the devourer and tortured him because of it)? Did he lose one of his redcloaks early on and blame himself for it? Obviously I have spent a long time thinking about this.

I am the only one who has imagined Shane being like the mom of the year to the redcloaks and shouting stuff like "This is why we don't stab people" and "No, I will not let you duel over soup"? We difently need some of those (mom)ments. See what I did there?

Also, I just realized that Shane really likes A names. For example, Alix, Achi, Abeke, Anya. Wow. That's a lot of names.

I am totally waiting for that one redcloak who had/has a obsessive crush on Shane (its either Talon or Alix or me... anyone would work though). We all know there had to be one (I can just imagine Shane trying to shake off a group of fangirls).

This is completely random but I song that reminds me of him during the duel is called Words fail from Dear Evan Hason and the song 'king and lionheart' is perfect for Shabeke.

• Posted at:

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Shanelovedhermore

I am tspig 

icedragon791

Lol, Shane being a mother to the Redcloaks would be great! Speaking of moms though, how about Shane's own mother? Shane's little flashback story about her just always seemed so cute to me, and she's honestly just a wonderful mother! But then she also foreshadows things.

"This is the prince of Stetriol; he'll never bow to a mere snake." (*Cough* Gerathon)

"You don't want to hurt snakes for being snakes, do you?" (Snakes = Greencloaks?) 

I can't help but wonder if Shane actually thought of her at times throughout the main series, or if he feels like she would be disappointed to see how he turned out. 

I've been trying for a while to figure out just how Shane's guilt builds up. I'm not sure if a small part of it has always secretly been there, but by Book of Shane #2 and The Evertree, Shane's definitely having regrets. I think Achi's story of what happened to his village, plus the deaths of Drina, Gar, and Renneg, opened his eyes to the war's destruction.

If I can add my own list of songs, how about The Scientist (Coldplay) for Shabeke, Dream Come True (Casey and Jeff Williams) which can work for either Shya or ShanexTalon, and Cold (by the Williams again) which I've always imagined from Stead's perspective. Words Fail is really good though!

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

And I'm out!

redring41

Since we are talking about Shane's family lets talk a little bit about the father. I honestly think he would be a good and caring father if it wasn't for the bonding sickness. I find it really sad that he is so scared of/hates his father. I always wondered how Drina felt. 

Also, I think that one of the reasons that Shane believed that Kovo would help him because I think he secretly liked Zerif and may have thought of him as a father (hint why he was so betrayed). I feel like Magda was a mother to him and I think that she may be the ambassador of Stetriol and I really want her to come back. I really want Magda, Achi,  Anya and Viktor to meet. I really want Viktor back I mean they couldn't have had all these characters for nothing. (maybe Abhay)

• Posted at:

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Shanelovedhermore

I am tspig